Fairy of Shampoo [Issei | Invite]

fallen blades
Fairy of Shampoo [Issei | Invite]Oct 13, 2020 14:31:04 GMT -5
UCHIHA ISSEI
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
UCHIHA ISSEI Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday OCTOBER 12, -13SD rank SP. JOUNIN occupation WAR COUNCIL
The hard question. Had he truly made a different in all the years he'd been a Genin? "Nah... I haven't changed shit.. Well besides making sure drunks aren't causing the village harm at night." That was surprisingly the truth. He might have met a few people, and actually made some friends, but those were all personal accomplishments. None of those did anything to actually improve the welfare of the village.

The only way he felt he could make a difference now was by taking on missions and to continue helping the everyday people of the village, but those accomplishments were still relatively minor. The things he wanted to accomplishes relied on trust, and the experience to go out on missions that would actually reshape the world the way his village hoped it could. Issei had a lot invested in his success in the exams. If he failed then what would be the point in even staying in.

He was almost 19 years of age now, and he was still a Genin. It was either time to be promoted or get out. "Have you made any sort of difference in your village yet?" He wasn't sure how much he'd get out of asking him that, but it wouldn't hurt to at least try. The kid seemed more willing to talk than his did before. Maybe he was coming to terms with how rare these conversations can be. He knew plenty of other Konoha nin who would just want to fight for actions they might not have even been responsible for.
| AP has written 653 posts
Fairy of Shampoo [Issei | Invite]Oct 13, 2020 17:23:34 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
"Live or die, just do it well.
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday August 5, 1007 rank Elite Jounin occupation Mizukage
if i'm a danger to myself
Just think what I could do to you

"My village?" Toru asked thinking on whether he had or had not made any kind of dent or difference. He didn't think so, only his life had been affected in the village, he didn't think he did anything the other way around. Sure, he performed missions of low importance making money, gaining some experience, reputation but to say that he had made a solid difference in his village would have been a lie if he had said he had made one. Toru was honest too, he didn't care to waste the world's time with lies, at least not ones that did not directly benefit him and in this instance, it wouldn't really benefit him. It wouldn't benefit Issei either if he lied. This wasn't some kind of mission.

"No. I've killed a few scum to keep the streets clean, I suppose that's the closest I've gotten to it." Not truly a difference, the smallest scrape on the surface that was the grime of Kirigakure no Sato, no, Mizu no Kuni in general. The country wasn't exactly the wealthiest in the world but Toru would see to it that one day it did shine like a beacon alongside his mother. Remove all enemies, take out the garbage, and improve the economy. There was no reason to be poor with such potential for imports, exports and well... Fishing.

Han has written 2,374 posts
Fairy of Shampoo [Issei | Invite]Oct 24, 2020 11:14:28 GMT -5
UCHIHA ISSEI
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
UCHIHA ISSEI Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday OCTOBER 12, -13SD rank SP. JOUNIN occupation WAR COUNCIL
Toru seemed kind of surprised when he asked him the same question. He didn't know if it was because he was surprised, or just never took the chance to actually think about it for himself. His answer was pretty dark, but he could appreciate the honesty. It made Issei a little better knowing that there wasn't many Genin out there that hadn't done much more than himself. Otherwise he'd have to feel bad for not working hard enough.

Their rank limited them on what they could do, and outside of the few stories he heard from the previous war Genin were pretty much the last line in hopes of having a future. In other words there wasn't too many Genin saved the day stories outside of maybe being a medic. "Well... Chances are, if we perform well, next time around we might have something to say.... Or do outside of trying to kill one another."

Issei knew that for now he could enjoy the conversation with Toru, but the likelihood of this encounter was sure to someday lead to a fight on the battlefield, and while he met some that might actually appreciate him beyond just being the enemy he could tell Toru was different. He might have been an asshole, but his calm mannerism and lack there of care for anything else had to put him in prime position to be an assassin.
| AP has written 653 posts
Fairy of Shampoo [Issei | Invite]Nov 10, 2020 12:43:26 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
"Live or die, just do it well.
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday August 5, 1007 rank Elite Jounin occupation Mizukage
if i'm a danger to myself
Just think what I could do to you

"I doubt it, our villages are enemies after all... This is perhaps the first and last time you and I will not be sworn to kill each other." Toru responded, he was bitterly honest this response darker than before although his voice seemed lifted with a touch of hope, whether it was because he actually got to speak to someone without being sworn to kill them, or perhaps the idea that he would actually get to kill an enemy in the future, it was hard to tell and Toru was as hard to read as ever before, his feelings and emotions seemed extremely muddled as to their genuine intention.

He glanced a large stone that decorated the side of the hot spring - thinking. But he didn't say anything else, mostly because he had nothing else to say. He wasn't a very good conversation maker as it was and this was certainly pushing his boundaries and limits as far as a comfortable amount of conversation.

He let out the smallest sigh before lowering the lower half of his face back into the water and his eyes slowly came to a close. This hot spring was nice, they could probably use some in Kirigakure, though he doubted with their budget they could ever accomplish such a thing.

Han has written 2,374 posts