Kaguya Toru
"Live or die, just do it well.
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday August 5, 1007 rank Elite Jounin occupation Mizukage
if i'm a danger to myself
Just think what I could do to you
@--

It had been a few weeks since the second round ended and Toru was not doing much in particular, honing what he already knew and doing his best to keep his existing skills very sharp. As sharp as his blade. So, he was in the training field all buddled up from the cold swinging away with a bokken he had borrowed, practicing his form. The first two exams were quite difficult, albeit he had gotten away and passed through with minimal damage. It was an overall success on his part and his teams part. Now he awaited for the third round. There was a month between, which was plenty of time to rest up and learn a few new things.

Toru wasn't sure if he wanted to try to learn something new, it was unlikely to serve him in battle as it was going to be something quite raw to his knowledge database. He could mess up. The things he knew, he knew well and he would rely on in battle. That was all that mattered. So, he swung away at his sword focused... Wondering if he would ever be able to copy the bone dances of the Kaguya with his sword. It would certainly be very interesting if he was to succeed in that too.

Han has written 2,374 posts
future unknownAug 20, 2020 4:56:22 GMT -5
Kaguya Minako
Power lasts forever...
Kaguya Minako Avatar
groupnull
age 27 years old birthday 2 January rank Jounin occupation Nanadaime Mizukage
All it takes, is a spark to ignite my bad intentions and do what I do best to your heart. Don't be fooled I was raised by the wolves. Now the moon hangs in full, so you know I won't play by the rules

The exams had been... interesting. The reports describing the genin of Kirigakure's efforts had her glad she had sent them. She had not been able to be there for the first two rounds, but she had been told it was a dull affair as a spectator. The final round was the one to watch, if the gossip was anything to go by. She had barely wasted any time from when she arrive till now, after her luggage had been safely delivered to her room, she had excused herself and gone for a walk, her small daughter bundled up in furs and plopped onto her back. She didn't fully trust the maids with her, plus, who wasn't to say they'd switch the child out for some Yuki no kuni commoner's child in an effort to possibly gain someone carrying the Kaguya bloodline? 

Minako was on a hunt for her adoptive son, though. She had not wanted to write to him, hopefully he'd not take it as an insult. The three of them were stuck together. Well, four if you counted Arizo. Minako would arrive at the training ground, her blue hues locked on to the genin as he practiced his moves, noticing small things here and there, but over all, she saw his determination. His dedication shining through in form of his skill. Whoever was facing him in the last rounds were about to face one of the genin holding the dedication and will of a true Kirigakure shinobi. 

"Toru"

She called out to catch his attention and either fully interrupt his sequence, though she would gladly wait till he finished the movement. 

jutsu.

WORDCOUNT: 480  // Notes: Hope it is okay. 
MADE BY NOVA
[/div]
Moro has written 833 posts
future unknownAug 20, 2020 11:09:29 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

The last person he was expecting to walk on him was his mother, he had not seen her in almost a month after she had sent him off properly into the cold abyss. Toru had not taken offense to it, in fact he had taken the gesture as something she would have done if he had been her biological child. The Kaguya were known to be fierce warriors in the village, there was little to no coddling that went on amongst their ranks. Toru was an okay reader at best by this point in his progression, so letters were far from preferred method of communication... Essentially, he resolved to be alright with being alone again.

The bokken swung down fast, but when his name was called it collided with the ground unceremoniously. Puffs of steam leaving slightly parted lips, rusted gaze pivoting to look. He recognized the voice, but it did not process as quickly as the visual in this moment as he had been fully engaged with his practice.

"Okaa-san?" It came more naturally than before, he had plenty of nights to think, to practice how he referred to Minako. It still felt a touch robotic, but not totally unnatural as most things that left Toru were a touch robotic anyway. What was the bundle on her back?

Wait a minute, his brows furrowed momentarily as he straightned out his posture, pulling the bokken closer to think. The stone facade shattering as his emotions poked through. Confusion, irritation, surprise... A series of things flashed through, before he started an approach.

"Is that a baby?" He asked, closing the gap between the two of them the bokken firmly in his fist. "When'd you get here? You could have told me you were going to come." Toru grumbled, even pouting a little bit.

future unknownSept 11, 2020 3:03:19 GMT -5
Kaguya Minako
Power lasts forever...
Kaguya Minako Avatar
groupnull
All it takes, is a spark to ignite my bad intentions and do what I do best to your heart. Don't be fooled I was raised by the wolves. Now the moon hangs in full, so you know I won't play by the rules

Her approach was clearly not something he had expected. After all, she had thought she might have been tied up with work at home and not have time to dedicate to the exams. She had wanted to go, so she had pushed to finish and delegate as much as she could. Then the baby came and suddenly people who had been cross and difficult seemed to soften, seeing the trip as a vacation and a mercy. She, however, had made sure to let it be known she would have their heads if she returned to her village burned down and her government overturned.

The way he had taken to calling her mother rather than Minako or Kaguya, was something she had grown used to - more or less. Now it still produced a faint sense of dread she refused to acknowledge. Soon enough the bundle she carried would be spouting the same word - with a great more difficulty but it would still be what she would refer to her as… She paused, watching the emotions filter through those rusty red eyes and the twitch of muscles. Aquamarine eyes seemed to shine with a silver hue in the light, as she pulled the small bundle into her arms and crouched, presenting the small girl to him.

"I wanted to come to watch you and all the others. It was not set in stone, but I worked it out and was able to arrive to watch your fight… Yes. This is your sister. "

The small girl had jet black hair and fair skin, cheeks slightly rosy due to the cold, but peacefully asleep. Her gaze was first on the girl, then on the haired teen. Would he throw a tantrum? Take her in? Or would he expect her to disown him? She hoped a hint would reveal itself to her before he found his words.

jutsu.

MADE BY NOVA
[/div]
future unknownSept 14, 2020 13:25:12 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
@--

Toru was glad to see Minako in a way, on one hand, it meant more pressure to do well, but on the other hand, it meant that he could show her all that he had learned, or not learned in the time that he had been genin. He stared at her quietly for a moment, his gaze moving down to the bundled sleeping baby, his brows would furrow, an unusual sight for the usually emotionless boy. He had never seen a baby this close, but they looked quite soft, squishy, and not human. Curiosity swallowed him whole and he reached out with his free hand to touch her gently on the forehead.

Soft. Very soft in fact.

The thought of being disowned did not cross his mind, although the fear of being some kind of family gremlin kept in a cupboard and out of sight did, especially since this girl did not exactly look like him, although Toru did not necessarily look unlike some of the Kaguya that were quite native to the clan - with his white hair.

"What's her name?" He asked, his first question, forgetting that Minako had come to spectate the battles that would come soon, he was more curious about the baby now, even going as far as to put up his sword to reach out hoping that Minako might give him the baby to hold.

future unknownSept 19, 2020 3:53:34 GMT -5
Kaguya Minako
Power lasts forever...
Kaguya Minako Avatar
groupnull

It was more of a reaction than she hoped for. It made her tense for a moment, then a smile broke her lips and made her blue eyes sparkle as she chuckled at the questions - both the spoken and unspoken. He seemed curious and… Well, more open to the idea than she had initially been. She got down on both knees, shifting the girl around for a moment, then as she handed her over made sure Toru’s hold supported her head and wasn’t too loose or too tight. In her fussing she managed to wipe a small piece of snow from the genin’s cheek and then she leaned her weight back a bit and looked at the boy.

"Her name is Yua. "

As she saw it, something settled in her. Like a bird finding its nest. It was strange and unfamiliar but she knew the thought of this - these two kids, her and even the dark haired Oninbutai captain- made her happy. The same sense of happy she remembered from when her own mother was around… But… She was still unsure if it was a role, she’d ever be able to fill properly. Toru was already pretty grown, and she’d be around for his teenage years and all the hell she heard it could bring, initially it had been a simple offer to be his guardian and it might even still be just that for Toru, but at some point she grew to feel much more protective of the white haired genin than she was of the other genin she had taught over the years in between her other duties. Blue eyes found his, a question soon followed; "How do you think you did in the first rounds?”

jutsu.

MADE BY NOVA
[/div]
future unknownSept 19, 2020 10:38:48 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
@--

Toru looked down at the baby, his grip was calloused but he did his best to be fragile with the small human now nestled in his arms. He stared eternally, or at least what felt like an eternity at the baby girl with black hair in his arms. Minako had not given him the impression that she was the type that wanted children, yet here she was... Here he was. Although, he was more of a charity case as opposed to a legitimate birth, at least to an extent he still believed perhaps Minako thought this.

"Yua..." He mouthed, his lips moving but a sound barely escaping.

Oblivious to the feelings and thoughts that flooded Minako's mind and memory he kept on staring, before nuzzling his face into the blankets that the little girl was being wrapped in, they smelled like baby, flowers, and snow. The blankets were soft too he stayed there for a moment before Minako asked him how he thought he did.

"The first round was a four-day survival test with limited supplies. I was fine, just had an issue in one of the biomes they put us in..." He shook his head, damn monkeys or apes or whatever they were! Fortunately, he mostly got away with a few scratches.

"Second round, we had to catch a very fast rabbit in a maze, in a field of ice... We caught it, not sure how the other teams scored though." All he knew was he had passed the first two rounds, but didn't explicitly know what was going on with the other teams enough to report. The third round was the one he was probably most nervous for, of course, Toru felt that when the day came he would be calm. For now, it was just the anxiety of the unknown future

future unknownSept 27, 2020 12:44:37 GMT -5
Kaguya Minako
Power lasts forever...
Kaguya Minako Avatar
groupnull

The sight was a rare one. Toru rarely expressed himself much and care for others was not something he dished out liberally. So, to have him staring at the babe with wonder and curiosity? It was much better than anything she had expected. To say his next action was anything but adorable would be crazy. She smiled softly at the two, then listened as Toru told about how he thought he had done fine in the first round and how he had to chase some rabbit around a maze. Sounded interesting.

The third round would be interesting as well, but perhaps more than the two previous ones. They did have a reputation for drawing the largest crowd and the one most entertaining to watch.

"I’m sure you will do just fine in the last round.”

She reached over and ruffled his hair. Then she picked up the bokken and twirled it in hand before returning to the two others, a hand landed on the white haired kaguya’s shoulder and she looked down at the two, eyes dancing between them.

"Are you okay to carry her?” She would squat down and check his hold on the girl "Come, lets go grab some food.”

Unless the teen had any arguments as to why they definitely shouldn’t go grab a snack, then they would be on their way. If he at any point wanted to give Yua back or if the girl started to cry, Minako would take her back in her arms.

jutsu.

MADE BY NOVA
[/div]
future unknownSept 28, 2020 0:51:19 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
@--

"I hope." He grumbled, his confidence was not necessarily shaken throughout the first and second rounds, but he had certainly been given a bit of a reality check. He was going to have to work hard, not that he was not already working very hard to get to where he needed to, after all, he was here and it had been less than a year since he graduated from the academy. That was impressive enough, but he wanted to be more impressive and the first two rounds - especially the second - irritated him, making him feel as if he couldn't work by himself on what he saw as simple tasks.

The rufflinf of the hair was met with a slightly cat like reaction where he retreated into his shoulders, but he could only do so much. Minako did as she pleased regardless, and Toru was left with a slightly grumpy expression.

"I'm fine, she's not heavy." Toru would respond, before nodding and falling in line with Minako, he didn't question what they would eat just followed along with the woman dutifully to allow her to decide what they would eat. He didn't want to step on any toes after all. He held Yua well enough, having a generously tender touch without fully letting her go, and he was in general - it seemed upon close inspection - holding her much like he would hold a prized sword or blade. With a very sincere and practiced grasp, despite not having ever held a baby or really gotten too close to one, there was something familiar about the smell of a baby that reminded him of the younger kids that came into the orphanage and it made him want to protect her all the more.

future unknownOct 11, 2020 3:41:07 GMT -5
Kaguya Minako
Power lasts forever...
Kaguya Minako Avatar
groupnull

The duo would amble down the streets, Minako would be watching the windows, the shops. It felt odd to be walking down these streets with the two children by her side. The streets were busy and people were here for the exam, so there were likely more than usual - even in the high season of the city’s tourism… Minako would stay on the main street until she pushed the door open into a warm, cosy restaurant. It was heavy with the scent of food, wood, polish and smoke.
She would lead the small group to a corner space, the benches padded with a grey and green fabric, Yua would twist and turn in Toru’s grip, making the woman’s eyes glued to her for a moment, hoping she was not about to fill the establishment with a dissatisfied scream. It was likely the change in temperature and scents which hag triggered her… It seemed she remained calm. For now. Minako took a menu chart, soon enough a waiter was there, a small bow and eyes averted as he spoke to the Mizukage.

"Tea, please, Toru? Soda? ”

She would wait for him to order, then wave the waiter away as she had barely had time to investigate the menu. Their drinks would arrive swiftly and a complimentary breadbasket. With a nod, the waiter retreated and Minako looked to Toru.

"Made any friends?”

jutsu.

MADE BY NOVA
[/div]
future unknownOct 11, 2020 12:46:47 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
@--

Toru didn't know how to deal with the fussing baby so he would simply reposition his arms and hands beneath her, and try to do what he had seen be done in the past which is slightly rock her to and fro. She would not erupt in a screaming cry, for now. He didn't like piercing cries anyway, he had heard enough of those at the orphanage to haunt his nightmares for the rest of his life, and he would certainly have to pass the little human to Minako if she did start sobbing uncontrollably, but for now, he kept a good grip on her not too hard not too soft, paying close attention to how she was resting as they traveled. His gaze seemingly softened when looking at her, as if he were scared to break the fragile cargo, a hint of delight and love.

They sat down, Toru maneuvering carefully to sit across Minako in the corner table leaning back and using a free hand to pull his sword off of his waist so that it would be easier to sit down without it poking every which way imaginable.

"Tea, as well." He grumbled, he didn't like soda, he didn't like sweet things and it honestly surprised him that Minako did not know this, had she not noticed that in his time living with her that he almost never consumed sugary snacks or dessert? It held no interest to him. Perhaps she would notice in time, but he would not regale her with this fact.

"Friends?" Toru parrotted before looking at Yua briefly and then back at Minako before shaking his head. "Harder to kill friends and comrades, if it comes to it." It was an unsettling thought process, but it was one of a bloodthirsty warrior, though it was unlikely a good thing that Toru was thinking such things as young as he was.

"I've spoken to you a few, discussed the future with teammates."

future unknownOct 21, 2020 17:32:53 GMT -5
Kaguya Minako
Power lasts forever...
Kaguya Minako Avatar
groupnull
I bite down a little harder. My blades a little sharper. My roots, my roots Run deep into the hollow. Strike back a little harder, I scream a little louder, My roots, my roots Run deep into the hollow.

Sometimes Minako wasn’t sure if the white haired genin had ever allowed himself to be a child. Sure, he had tea whenever she did, that or water. It was simple. Cheap. His choice of beverage didn’t surprise her. She would study him and Yua as he replied to her little question. His answer only made her pause. It sounded an awful lot like someone she knew… As disturbing as it was, it only made her eyes widen slightly before she looked to Yua. Perhaps she could be his friend.

"Friends aren’t liabilities. They definitely are harder to kill…” Her voice weighed heavy, as if she had faced friends in battle far too often… "They can be helpful and fun, but you have to be careful with who you trust, as well. I’m sure you will figure it out in time.”

Her final words were a bit lighter, more cheerful and hopeful.
Soon enough their drinks would be here and Minako wrapped her hands around the cup, enjoying the feel of the heat seeping into her hands. She blew gently on it before she sipped on it.

"What about our dearest friends in Konoha, have they been causing you trouble?”

With him being linked to her now, it was not unlikely they’d target him in some attempt to strike at her. If it did turn out that she, Toru, or Yua were put in danger by the enemies gathered here… It’d not do them well, their village or their nation.

jutsu.

MADE BY NOVA
[/div]
future unknownNov 10, 2020 12:54:47 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Minako's words might have been trying to convince Toru to sway into the direction of actually having friends, but Toru did not feel swayed. In fact, her telling him that he might figure it out one day made him feel as if he were all the more correct in his assumption that not having friends was simply emotionally safer.

"I bumped into two of them... One of them was quite an instigator of aggression..." He paused shaking his head, this was his one-sided story he had not felt as if he had been overly aggressive in the situation, perhaps he was. "An Uchiha turned out to be on my team for the second round." He explained briefly with a shrug. "I've found I don't much care for that clan, though I guess the other one I spoke to wasn't that bad, he was a bit older than I expected though. I'm sure you'll see them both in the third round."

future unknownNov 23, 2020 13:23:49 GMT -5
Kaguya Minako
Power lasts forever...
Kaguya Minako Avatar
groupnull
I bite down a little harder. My blades a little sharper. My roots, my roots Run deep into the hollow. Strike back a little harder, I scream a little louder, My roots, my roots Run deep into the hollow.

The mentioning of one of the more prominent clans in Konohagakure would make her features grow a bit tenser. "Can't say I care for them either. They have a reputation of being as temperamental as the fire they wield..."

Minako had not tangled with the Uchiha clan, but she had heard of them and their dojutsu. It was one of the big ones after all. Very few dojutsu stayed secret for long in the ninja world... Perhaps he'd even end up crossing blades with one. Aquamarines would settle on the younger shinobi for a moment, before she would redirect her attention to the restaurant around them.

"Perhaps you will get to fight one of them. Always a good learning opportunity."

Their food would arrive and Minako would dig in making small talk with the genin every now and then when something popped into her mind. It was mostly about mundane things, checking in and poking at him in case he would reveal something he had kept secret before.

jutsu.

MADE BY NOVA
[/div]
future unknownNov 23, 2020 13:43:09 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
@--

"Learning opportunity, right..." Toru murmured, he wasn't sure it was a good one but perhaps he would get the chance to find out, and thusly when the food arrived he grew silent. Such was the boy's nature, to be rather quiet normally and when the food came into question completely silent as he ate showing total reverence to his food. It was something that remained quite strongly from when he was starving, food was in its own way sacred and so he would not squander the moment to consume it quietly and with respect.

However, the silence between them was not awkward, simply one of understanding. And that was quite alright by Toru's standards.

end