Visitation Hours [O]

fallen blades
Visitation Hours [O]Aug 25, 2020 19:45:08 GMT -5
Asuka Waruichi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Asuka Waruichi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday Febuary 20th rank Special Jounin occupation

After her fight with Kiko Asuka was rushed into intensive care to treat her wounds, she gained consciousness for a moment after being smashed into a wall and the last thing she saw was her grandmother leaving the arena. As she was taken to the back she tried to breath and felt a sharp pain. In her chest. "She’s waking up get her under!” called one of the doctors. After some time Asuka would emerge from her surgery and would awaken with bandages wrapped around her waist and her clothes replaced with a hospital gown. "Agghh…” she’d say as she leaned her hand over to her ribs.

"Easy there Miss Waruichi, you’re lucky to be alive that strike you were hit with should’ve killed you. But the doctors say you’ll be ready by tomorrow.” Asuka leaned over and looked out over at the window and saw what was going on out in the arena. She would then sigh. "Guess I’ve really got to make my next fight count.” Asuka would say as she looked out the window and leaned her head against the hospital beds pillow.

Asuka had a tough going in that last match, she was up against what she thought was a sage and pretty much made the fatal mistake of charging head first against them, she was a bit too overconfident and that mistake cost her everything. But even still she had one more chance to prove herself and wasn’t going to let it go to waste in the next round. She’d never seen someone so strong before except perhaps only one other time, if anything she was upset by her loss but took in stride and if anything was more impressed with Miho’s ability to fight as well as she did. If anything she might pick it up herself it was a very interesting technique.

TAG:
HEX: #1c578c
NOTES: Here!
MeepX#7355 has written 1,098 posts
Visitation Hours [O]Aug 29, 2020 19:35:47 GMT -5
Waruichi Kana
Waruichi Kana Avatar
groupnull
age 17 years old birthday June 15 rank Chuunin occupation Hunter Nin

Walking down the hospital halls quietly, Kana looked for the room she was headed too. Today she was visiting one of her fellow clan members who had recently been injured in one of the arena fights. From what she had heard, the injury had been quite damaging and Asuka had been lucky to make it out alive. While it was quite unfortunate, it was nothing too unexpected. Being in an occupation such as theirs came with quite a few risks, this being one of them. Still, Kana was glad she was alive. Losing a clan member was never fun.

It only took her a few more minutes of exploring before she found what she assumed was the right door. Only one way to find out. Knocking on the door firmly, Kana waited for a response before heading in. She hadn’t really met her fellow clan member before, at least not face to face. She might have seen her in the clan compound a few times, but even then, she wasn’t sure. She had been so busy training in the past couple years that she hadn't had time to branch out and make friends. Still, it was better late than never! Hopefully the two could get along, but only time would tell.

last edit by Waruichi Kana on Aug 29, 2020 19:43:55 GMT -5
Wynne has written 102 posts
Visitation Hours [O]Sept 2, 2020 16:39:14 GMT -5
Asuka Waruichi
Asuka Waruichi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

As Asuka stayed lying about in her hospital bed she was informed that she had a visitor and when she looked it was a face that seemed vaguely familiar. "Wait a second...Kana-chan?” Kana was a close relative of Asuka’s she remembered seeing her a lot when she was younger but as the two grew up they stopped coming in contact with each other as often. This is the first time they'd seen each other since her family had taken the title of head family of the main branch after Kiko and her family had been pushed aside.

She was happy to see her but also embarrassed at the same time. "I’m sorry she said...I let you down.” Asuka said looking away from her cousin. Asuka was known throughout the clan as something of a wild goose not having gone through the usual processes of cloth making like the others and failing at every avenue when it came to using clan jutsu.

"I should’ve stuck to my guns maybe then I would’ve fared a bit better.” the girl thought.

She had been using an imperfect version of the Iron Silk Technique that she foolishly attempted to test out in battle and ended up losing, Asuka in truth she figured she needed to stick to her guns but lost her edge and succumbed to peer pressure and has somewhat come to regret it. "I hope you all weren’t too embarrassed by my performance. I was too overconfident, even when I knew I shouldn't have been.” It was obvious there a was a percieved amount of stress on the young girl. She had been trying to prove herself to her clan for the longest time but had been rather unfaithful in her convictions and it cost her everything. She often times felt very conflicted she just wanted to do well, something that others in her clan may not have understood.

TAG: 
Visitation Hours [O]Sept 4, 2020 15:21:53 GMT -5
Waruichi Kana
Waruichi Kana Avatar
groupnull

Giving Asuka a small nod in greeting, Kana stood by her bed and waited quietly as the younger girl began to speak. It seemed someone told Asuka that she let her down with her loss. That was somewhat surprisingly seeing as how Kana could speak for herself. Judging from the way Asuka had said it, it seemed that one comment had let her spirits down. Well, it was time to nip that in the bud! It would take more than one loss against an equal opponent in order to let Kana down.

"Well, you didn’t. If you did I would’ve let you know. I can speak for myself, thank you very much. Although your loss was disappointing, something like that would’ve inevitably happened eventually. As long as you can learn from your mistakes and do better then you have nothing to be ashamed of. You shouldn’t let one loss get you down. You just have to keep getting back up until the only possible outcome is victory!”

Kana knew how her clan dealt with people they felt didn’t deserve their time and she didn’t agree with it. If we kicked our clan members while they were down, how could we hope for them to improve? Sure some needed a stern hand in guidance, but looking at someone who failed disapprovingly never helped anyone. It wouldn’t make them strive to be better. Honestly it might make them perform even worse. Instead she believed that they should be there for their clan members in situations like these. Only by sticking together and helping each other could the clan truly prosper.

"Yes, overconfidence is quite a deadly foe to face. There is always someone better and although sometimes you feel that you can beat an opponent easily, you have to remember that nothing is ever that simple. One lucky shot or a hidden technique can easily put you out of commission. You just have to always stay on your guard and be prepared for anything. Only by doing these things can you truly be prepared for battle.”

Visitation Hours [O]Sept 10, 2020 10:19:08 GMT -5
Asuka Waruichi
Asuka Waruichi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

As she spoke her words saying that she can speak for herself Asuka looked out at the window. "At least I know you aren’t upset with me.” she still seemed a tad dejected. "I shouldn’t have been so experimental.” she’d say beating herself up once more. "Doctors say I should consider myself lucky, if my bandages had been any less tempered I would’ve been paralyzed from the impact.” she’d point over at the X-rays left on the walls revealing the broken ribs she suffered. "But after the surgery I underwent a few hours ago they say I should be up and running by tomorrow morning provided I get enough rest. I dunno how they do it.” she’d say.

She’d look over her clansmen. "You’re robes are really nice looking.” she’d say. "Did you make them yourself?” she’d ask. "I wish I had that kind of affinity for cloth...I could barely manage to wrap my scarf together when I made it.” the girl said referring to her lack of knowledge when it came to using clan techniques. As a child she was sometimes ridiculed by her family members for not being good with Waruichi clan techniques despite being from one of the head families.

It was around that time that she began to panic and started focusing on her Taijutsu in order to prove herself to the clan and partially part of the reason why she had hurriedly pieced together this fighting style in the first place. But it wasn’t Asuka it didn’t fit who she was, a lot of times she had felt trapped by the clan and she used her taijutsu after a while as a means of being different and setting herself apart and began to take pride in herself and her ability and defined herself by her ability to master it. Perhaps somewhere along the way she lost sight of that, she needed ot follow her philosophy in freedom of expression, but before she could confirm that she needed to ask a question first. "Hey, Kana-chan...you don’t think any less of me for not knowing many of our clans techniques do you? Jutsu isn’t what makes a good clansmen right?” she’d ask wanting her insight on the matter.

TAG: 
Visitation Hours [O]Sept 10, 2020 17:52:38 GMT -5
Waruichi Kana
Waruichi Kana Avatar
groupnull

"Yeah, medical jutsu can do some pretty crazy stuff if you think about it. Serious injuries can just be fixed like that with a good enough doctor! And thank you, I had my clothes tailored to me while my cloak is just standard Waruichi make.”

Asuka did seem pretty lucky if what she said about her injuries were true. Kana couldn’t imagine what she’d if she got paralyzed by a fight by being reckless. Still Asuka was young and it was better to learn these sorts of things now, rather than on an actual battlefield where there aren’t any medics nearby.

"Not at all! Everyone is different, even those within the Waruichi clan. And although I know quite a few clan techniques, my focus is on Nuibari, my sword. I only really learned our clan techniques to support my swordplay. Plus even though the elders say clan jutsu is what makes us strong, I don’t really agree. If we all pursue the same thing and use the same jutsu, our clan would be so dull and boring. Plus we’d all get complacent and would never experiment and get anywhere. We have to carve our own paths in this world if we want to be great!”

Kana never understood the fascination her clan had with only pursuing their clan jutsu. Sure it offered a lot, but if someone wasn’t that interested in it, they wouldn’t go far. It was better if they chose to pursue something that actually meant a lot to them. At least that was what she believed. There were people out there with different mindsets than her, and that was fine. As long as they understood that each person had their own life, and that it was up to them to choose how to live it.

Visitation Hours [O]Sept 24, 2020 17:34:35 GMT -5
Asuka Waruichi
Asuka Waruichi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Asuka had overheard the words of her clan leader and noticed how polite hse was it was somewhat comforting but at the same time it seemed a bit too good to be true, the clan had always been rather strict and set in their ways.But if it was the truth it was a nice feeling. "Maybe once you’re in charge things might be different with the clan.” she’d say. She kept up a calm smile but at the same time felt a sense of emptiness in her words. Maybe it had been too late, maybe the girl had spent so much time focusing on the clan that by this point what became of it wasn’t really any of her concern anymore.

But at least if it was in the hands of someone who was more progressive like Kana-chan others like herself might not feel such a sense of pressure. For so long she had felt like she didn’t exactly fit in she cared not for the pride of the clan but for the members of her family and thought many of the people in her clan shared her last name not many of them outside from a few did she really see as her family members. This wasn’t to say that she hated them but more so that she wanted to keep them at a distance.

TAG: 
Visitation Hours [O]Sept 26, 2020 13:27:05 GMT -5
Waruichi Kana
Waruichi Kana Avatar
groupnull

"Yeah, we can only hope!”

While changing how things in her clan worked was something she wanted to do, Kana knew just how hard it was going to be. There was a reason most clans were almost the same as the way they were when they first started. She knew the elders in her clan didn’t like change. And while their way had some advantages, she didn’t think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. Change was needed in order to progress and improve. There was no other way about it. And if they couldn’t accept that, then she would have to make them.

"Just keep doing what you like and work in improving yourself. The elders like being picky about what paths clan members of a lower rank take. However, once you’re strong enough, then you can take whatever path you want in life while the elder can only watch. That’s basically what I did. They couldn’t deny my skill with the Nuibari, so they were forced to accept that this was the path I’ve chosen.”

The elders had tried at first to get Kana to focus more on her clan techniques, but they soon realized the futility of their ways. Once Kana put her mind to something, she wasn’t changing it. Not now and not ever.

Visitation Hours [O]Oct 6, 2020 15:18:40 GMT -5
Asuka Waruichi
Asuka Waruichi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

Asuka felt a degree of comfort in her words and seeing that the girl had come from a similar background as her only made feel even better about herself. She stopped to think on what had been said for a moment still feeling somewhat skeptical. "Well hoping hasn’t exactly led to much change, but you give me at least some faith in the clan once more. Thanks for taking the time out to see me. I’ll be sure to take what you’ve told me into consideration.” the girl would say as she smiled at her cousin.

She wondered something however but would and thought to keep it to herself however instead she looked over at her cousin and posed a question. "Kana-chan...why did you come visit me…?” she’d ask. She was somewhat surprised that she didn’t see her sister or one of her parents surely if they were here why weren’t they the first ones to show up.

She thought to herself somewhat perplexed? Did Kana really come all the way here just to meet a stranger? It was something she hadn’t considered if that were the case perhaps Kana was kinder than she had originally realized. She knew something about her having heard of her when she was announced as the clan heir and saw her ascendence ceremony when her and family were moved into the main house, but that aside from that she knew very little. Just who was this mysterious clansmen.

TAG: 
Visitation Hours [O]Oct 8, 2020 12:50:51 GMT -5
Waruichi Kana
Waruichi Kana Avatar
groupnull

"No problem! And I like to keep tabs on all the clan members my age to make sure everything is going well for them. It’s pretty rough out there so we all gotta stick together!”

From what she had heard, it seemed like Asuka needed a pick me up after her loss. Plus Kana wanted to see what the girl was actually like. She was unable to make any clan friends earlier in her life due to all of her training, but now that she was chuunin she had more time than she did before. And even though the clan elders partially worked against her in this aspect, she wanted all the clan members to be able to feel safe in each other’s presence. They were all in the same clan, so they needed to stick together. It was them against the world. Now all she needed was the rest of her clan members to feel the same way.

"And I don’t think it's too surprising right? If you heard one of your clanmates got severely injured in a fight wouldn’t you want to check on them? It's only the right thing to do.”

Now if it was just a random person injured, Kana could care less. However she felt quite strongly about her clan and would be there for anyone who needed her. They were all connected through blood. And blood was thicker than water.