Premature Functions, Hunt for Connection[Open]

fallen blades
Premature Functions, Hunt for Connection[Open]Nov 18, 2020 11:35:41 GMT -5
UCHIHA ISSEI
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
UCHIHA ISSEI Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday OCTOBER 12, -13SD rank SP. JOUNIN occupation WAR COUNCIL
Issei was glad that Ayukawa was with them because he was sure that he probably wasn't sounding like the most optimistic person at the moment. She embraced the freezing tundra that was Yuki, but he only admired the view because he was in a place he knew he wouldn't be able to come back to under normal circumstances. Byakuya was pretty much that location you fell for because you couldn't quite have it the way you wanted.

At least that was how he chose to see it. After saying his piece Issei spent most of his time just listening in on Ayukawa and Shizuha. He didn't have anything positive to add so he felt it was better to just stay quiet and kind of let them build on the beautiful vibe that was being created. No need for him to be a buzz kill because of his feeling toward the cold. The latter of which probably had to do with the survival portion of the exams.

Issei was just glad that he got to meet people like them here. Mostly Ayukawa though. She'd left a pretty sizable impact on him based on her performance in the exams, but mostly her performance with him which surprisingly had little to do with her fighting. Not to say that she wasn't a challenge, but everything she said to him before they started. It was definitely strange for him. Like really strange, but for once he really felt like a normal person.

She talked to him the way he wished others in the academy talked to others. Well, maybe not ALL of what she was doing, but most of it. Her light was warm, and as an Uchiha he loved the heat and she came from a place that had plenty of it. Just looking at her made him want to smile, and he was, but he was just too caught up in the moment to realize it since she wasn't paying him any mind right now as she was being guided on to the ice.

"Maybe people aren't so bad.."

Issei muttered to himself looking down at his right hand. that was sort of shaking. He wanted to blame it on the cold, but the truth was that he was still scared of creating another bond. His failures with Yuuta and Kazui still kind of weighed down on him. He wouldn't dare to put her in a position where she might have to worry about him. Issei had already underestimated his abilities once, there was no telling what might happened if that came to be again.

Issei snapped back into reality upon hearing Ayukawa speak to him. "Huh? Oh yeah!" Issei responded as quickly as he could so that she wouldn't know his mind sort of wondered of for a moment. Immediately he tried to make his way to the ice ring. It wasn't hard to move in the snow so it couldn't be too hard on that surface right? After sliding five feet on the ice Issei immediately slipped and landed on his buttocks. To make things even funnier he was still sliding across the ring with a blank stare.

"Yeah.... This isn't going to work."
| AP has written 653 posts
Premature Functions, Hunt for Connection[Open]Nov 23, 2020 11:00:27 GMT -5
Saeko Ayukawa
Saeko Ayukawa Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday October 15th rank Chunin occupation Operation Team Member
Follow the Path
Iguess its my turn to help you now...

As Ayukawa aided in getting the Uchiha on his feet, the girl would continue to try and stifle her laughter, keeping her hand close to her face as she giggled softly. It looked like this was something that even someone as experienced as an Uchiha could do without practice. With her having reestablished her footing on the ice, the girl would begin to try and spin again, this time managing to stop less than gracefully after one twist. Her legs set apart, she'd hold a sheepish grin as she continued to try and skate with one foot at a time.

It was a conscious effort, trying to maintain her balance, while also attempting to keep moving. The chill of the air seemed to burn at her skin, but she couldn't care less with all the fun she was having. Keeping up with the Yuki that was with them, she'd soon begin to move more naturally across the surface, holding herself upright as she released a heavy breath. The activity was great, but even she could find it exhausting after going so long into it. It may not have felt like it, but apparently they had been out here for more than a few hours, prompting the night to start getting a lot colder as she could easily see her breath in the air as she leaned up against the fencing around the small lake.

"Not a bad way to end our time here right? This was so awesome!"

With her laughing, she'd soon cover her mouth with the back of her arm, releasing a sneeze as she shook her head, allowing her hair to bob back and forth.

"Heh heh...guess I mighta went a bit overboard with the snow angels huh?"

Releasing yet another sneeze, the young teen would then close her eyes as she rubbed her arms and hands together as the freezing temperatures was more than starting to take affect. She was having the best time, but the fact remained that she wasn't exactly used to this weather just yet.
Tag: | Words: xxx | Notes:
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Kaze has written 556 posts
Premature Functions, Hunt for Connection[Open]Nov 23, 2020 13:29:44 GMT -5
UCHIHA ISSEI
UCHIHA ISSEI Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday OCTOBER 12, -13SD rank SP. JOUNIN occupation WAR COUNCIL
Sliding and moving around on ice using your own feet was apparently different than sliding on blades. In the exams they had to deal with these surfaces. Issei used two kunai to help maneuver himself, but this? Having to rely on sharp blades to move across was extremely weird. Everyone on the surface was moving like everything was normal, but the moment he wanted to change directions the blades slipped and he fell.

He didn't think he'd need to get this kind of help so soon, especially from Ayukawa. With an awkward smile stressed across his lips he'd get off from the ground and stand motionless. Needless to say he was kind of embarrassed to give it another go. The fact that no one else in the ring reacted to his falling in a sense sort of made things worst. It would have been easier to keep trying if they would have reacted, but the fact they didn't made him feel even more awkward.

The logical part of his brain knew that they probably could all relate to what had happened to him. He couldn't imagine that there was anyone that put these skates on for the first time and could move the way they were. Maybe they knew that not reacting might create a more comfortable environment for most people. Unfortunately he wasn't most people. Nonetheless, there was a bit of enjoyment he got from watching Ayukawa make a number of attempts to move across the ice.

Unlike himself it seemed as though she was really picking it up. Perhaps her training had a lot to do with her to balance on this surface so easily. Seeing her enjoy herself was pretty comforting. Outside looking in he probably looked like an oddball just watching her, but it was soothing to see her to enjoy life the way she did without worry. The latter was all he'd been doing as of late. To make sure she didn't get too far ahead he'd take little strides into improving his mobility.

One step, slide. Another step, slide, and he'd continue this pattern so long as he had something else to focus on which in this case was her. It was easier for him to move now because he wasn't in his own head nor was he thinking about how his choppy movements compared to others. If there was one thing he learned from doing this it was the similar feeling of flying every time he slide around. It was hard to describe, but it felt a lot like the way it did when he was jumping through the air.

The time they spent out felt like it had only just begun, but they weather and the skies seemed to tell a different story as more and more people begin to start leaving themselves. It wasn't until he noticed that they probably had been out for quite a while. After slowly catching up to her at the lakes fencing she spoke of how this wasn't a bad way to end their time here. "Yeah... I actually agree. I never thought in a place like this that I'd get to see so much.. Meet so many new people."

Just as his sentence was about to end she begin to start sneezing. A concern look immediately overtook him as she begin to express the consequence that were now settling in as a result of creating that snow angel. "Geez Ayukawa.. Were going to need to get you out of here because you get sick." Just as he was talking she sneezed again. "Here." The actions that followed involved him removing his own clothing. He figured his clans clothing underneath his jacket would hold just until they got home.

"Take my jacket, I'm sure I've gather up enough heat with all these layers I've been wearing to warm you up."

The jacket was pretty large so it would cover up most of her exposed frame. "Lets get these skates off and get back to the sleeping quarters. You can get warm, and then off to bed you go missy." The latter of his words made him laugh. Like actually laugh. He couldn't believe he used those words. He never imagined in a million years that he'd sound like his mother, but here he was trying to take care of someone and her words were the only thing he could think of.

Afterward he'd take off his skates before offering to help her take off her own, and even help her put on her own shoes before running off to turn the renting skates back to the people she got them from. Granted that things happened this way he'd run back over to her before they'd head off, but not before presenting an idea himself. "Here." The Uchiha spoke waving his hand toward her before turning his back toward her and getting him on one knee.

"If you ride on back you can sort of uh.. Cheat and use the warmth of my own body while my jacket warms you up as well. That way you're getting warmer all around."
Premature Functions, Hunt for Connection[Open]Nov 23, 2020 14:00:15 GMT -5
Saeko Ayukawa
Saeko Ayukawa Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday October 15th rank Chunin occupation Operation Team Member
Follow the Path
Noway! I'm okay! I just...achoo!"

Moment music

While Ayukawa didn't want to be the one to ruin the fun, her eyes would grow wide as she realized just how cold she was actually getting. She could almost not feel her toes despite being safe within the comfort of the skates. More so than that, before she could try and debate it again, she'd see the large jacket being gestured in her direction, prompting a blank expression to cross her face as she looked at it and then back at Issei who offered it. As she gently took it, placing it around her body, she'd feel the actual warmth coming from it as they began to move away from the ice, allowing the two of them to take their place on the side of the lake. Bundling herself within it, she'd watch as he began to remove his own skates, mentioning how they had to get back to the sleeping quarters as to help her get warm and then she was off to bed.

With a moment of pouting, she'd see him go even as far as to help her as well, removing her skates too and placing her shinobi boots back on in their place. The heat on her face grew as she nodded toward him in thanks, watching as the young man began to make his way over to the stand to return the rented material. In that moment, she'd look back to Yuki, smiling as she waved at her from the bench she was seated upon, looking back down at the coat that was surrounding her smaller form. It was twice as long as her own, seeming to come down right to her knees. Not only that, but it smelled just like the Uchiha, and it was nice. Despite it seeming to only make her heart race even more as she took a moment to close her eyes as she nestled further into herself.

Yet, this moment would quickly end as he would soon return, quickly prompting the Suna nin to adjust her posture as to appear that she had just been waiting for him, and not left to let her thoughts drift. Though his next action seemed to leave her a bit surprised.

"Your...your back?"

As he explained how this would likely help in her getting much warmer, her thoughts would lead her to think the warmth on her face might be enough to explode at any moment making such a need necessary. Still, she made her way over to him, she'd take hold of his shoulders as she moved herself across his back. Resting her head slightly against his shoulder, she'd turn around to bid farewell to the Snow shinobi, hoping that they would see each other again one day as he'd proceed to move on. All the while, she'd continue to look around, her body close to his as she let her eyes close for a moment.

"This is nice...sorry I ruined it though by gettin cold...I was so happy to just get a chance to have fun that I got ahead of myself...and now ya gotta carry me around..."

In saying this, the girl would pull away briefly, holding herself upright as she waved her hand back and forth.

"Not that ya really have to! I mean, I can so walk! Walking is great! It's like running really slowly and the sound of the crunching snow is so crisp like an apple and then there's the cool air and the frost that escapes on your breath and the...achoo!"

The girl was clearly rambling, though the sneeze was enough to cut her off as she then looked over his shoulder as she realized her blushing had only gotten more apparent.

"Anyway...thank you...you're really warm..."

Laying her head down again against him, she'd close her eyes as she began to take slow breaths in hope that it might stop her heart from beating so swiftly in this moment. Perhaps even to slow down time so that she could just...be in that moment...it was strange thought...but it was there...
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Premature Functions, Hunt for Connection[Open]Nov 23, 2020 14:47:37 GMT -5
UCHIHA ISSEI
UCHIHA ISSEI Avatar
groupnull
Ayukawa was as stubborn as she'd been all night, but he was glad that despite it that she complied with his request. After all, he just simply wanted the best for her. Especially after showing him a great time. It felt good to experience what all the other people around him got to experience in their everyday lives. For once he felt as though he was truly living. No longer was he a hidden figure just traveling the village, or even the world.

Now, he just looked like everyone else. Issei thought the young woman might put up a fight over riding on his back, but surprisingly she didn't. If she was anything like his mother than he knew it might have been hard to accept. She wasn't your average girl. She was strong and could beat the like of him, and anyone else for that matter without probably wasting a breath. Being in a position of vulnerability had to not be an easy thing, and that's why it meant a lot to him when she accepted his help.

The feeling of her soft cold hands on his shoulders was quite comforting, and at the same time it ignited this overwhelming desire to do everything he could to make sure she felt as good as she made him feel. Holding her cold frame to his body seemed to feed into that desire even more. Afterwards she apologized for ruining their evening night out. Initially he was confused, but when he thought back on the moment leading up to this one he could sort of see the guilt she might have felt.

"No need Ayukawa.. I don't think I've had this much fun.. Probably ever."

The only moment in his life where he could think of a time where he got to have fun like a normal person was when he was with Inori. She was about the only person that he got to hang with in a manner that wasn't dealing with Shinobi related things. Kazui was a friend, but they were both different when it came to socializing with people. Yuuta was an adult, and to be honest he probably hadn't spent as much time with Roku as he should've been.

This moment was the icing on the cake to everything he got to experience here in Byakuya. He finally felt like he fit in with the others. Even if one of those moments almost got him into trouble he got to feel like a normal Shinobi. One who did things outside of work. "I'm glad that I found you out here... You might be a little reckless, but... You're fun, and I like how being around you makes me.. Feel?"

The latter of his world sort of sent him into limbo. Was the feeling he got from her a good thing? It was easy to forget the fears and pains you felt when you were with someone like her, but adding her to a short list of people like Kazui, Yuuta, Nori, and Roku was a dangerous one. It meant adding another soul that could send him down a dark path, but how? Issei shook off the thoughts in favor of just talking to his parents about it when he got back to Konoha. For now he simply wanted to enjoy the moment.

Although, it was still clear that she was worried about the fact that that he was carrying her. The excuses she came up for why she should walk was put together quite badly. He of all people would know. He'd laugh at what she was saying just before taking it upon himself to hold her a tad bit tighter just so she wouldn't get anymore silly ideas. The latch wasn't an aggressive one, but just a tug strong enough to let her know her presence on his back was not a burden. He even welcomed it.

Oddly enough her rambling ended when she sneezed. This prompted the Uchiha to turn his head around to face hers to make sure she was okay just around the time she peaked her own head around. Her face just as bright as the sun. He couldn't tell if her red tone was because she was just cold, or because of something else. Either way, he was just glad she finally gave in. He very much appreciated the thanks, but what really warmed him up on the inside was what she said afterward.

He could feel her body her body really warming up to his own. The way she layed her head against his back was gentle, and he could feel her breathing begin to slow. With every step he took the warmth from her body was even more apparent than it was before. He wanted to remain silent, but there was still this "something" he needed to get off his mind.

"I don't mind carrying you.. As an Uchiha fire has always been my light, and now.. I get to.. I get to share that light with someone I think is pretty special."

He didn't know if she'd say anything back, and in some way he didn't want her to. He might have been a little embarrassed to say it, but also he wanted it to really marinate in her mind. The latter might have complimented the first reason, but he still wanted her to feel how he felt. Expressing himself was really hard, and the hardest part was saying what he felt at a time when it couldn't have been easier to do. Either way, he was glad to have made yet another friend here.
Premature Functions, Hunt for Connection[Open]Nov 23, 2020 15:13:21 GMT -5
Saeko Ayukawa
Saeko Ayukawa Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Follow the Path
Really?"

Moment music

Ayu wanted to say more, but she felt as if speaking right now might not be the right idea. A strange thing from the girl who usually couldn't keep her mouth shut for even a moment. Though as he mentioned how she made him feel, her eyes opened narrowly as she looked at him, seeing his gaze as her face seemed to just glow even brighter. Yet soon, their eyes would part for a moment as she smiled to herself in her position of riding upon his back. His hold was tighter to keep her steady, but it didn't hurt. If anything, she was enjoying it. It was like when she was being embraced by her family, but this felt...so much different...

As he spoke how how he hadn't this much fun ever in his life, the girl would blink for a moment. It just seemed so odd to not have any way of enjoying yourself. Granted, as a shinobi, they had duties and training and things they had to mentally prepare for. They had to think of others over themselves and that left little time for small pleasures. Perhaps that was one reason why she wanted to come out here. So much of her time had been spent trying to train and prepare, to mentally steel herself for the exams and what she had to do. Though in this instance, they were both in a way free from those obligations.

With them slowly moving through the snow, seeing the flakes fall down around them, she'd see the chilled fog of her breath as she continued to listen to him, as he began to share more about this feeling he had. How he didn't mind carrying her around in the least..because he wanted to share his inner light...with someone he thought was pretty special.

The girl expression seemed to freeze, though she'd just look at the back of his head, her purple iris seeming to flare up for a moment, while inside she felt herself internally screaming for some reason. It was out joy though, not torment, and her heart just skipped a beat before catching back up.

He thinks I'm special...but I'm really not...I just...I'm just me...I'm not even all that amazing like everyone else...but he thinks I am...

Her silent thoughts would berate her, but she'd shake her head as she found herself grinning before leaning over to the side of his face, kissing his cheek.

"I think your special too...and I'm glad we had so much fun out there today...together..."

In doing this, she'd pull back before laying her head back down upon his back, her eyes wide before realizing just what she had done. She had kissed him...she had actually kissed him...wasn't that something that was done for mates and couples and stuff? Her expression seemed to shift to that of mild confusion, though she'd then allow herself to relax as she started to ramble again.

"I mean! We did do alot of amazing stuff! Like the skating and the running! Not to mention the carrying thing now! Then I actually got ya to laugh...I can barely even make Kazui laugh! And I'll have ya know that I'm pretty darn funny!"

It was nice attempt at a rebuttal, but it hardly seemed to matter as the girl would sneeze again, this time frowning as she realized that her ancestors were likely giving her a sign to stop doing so.

"Issei?"

She'd wait for him to respond before she began to whisper softly.

"I don't think I like the cold weather that much anymore..."

She'd almost sound like she was pouting like a child having learned their lesson, which was definitely the case as she was doing much better at getting warmer thanks to him, but she really felt like this was the start of her getting sick after all. Another sneeze would confirm it as she sniffled for a moment before nestling herself closer into him.

"If I ever decide to run around in the snow again...can ya remind me to bring a larger jacket next time?"

Closing her eyes, she'd once again rest her head upon him, closing her eyes as she could smell that they were getting closer. A sad end to this moment, but it was nice while it had lasted.
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Premature Functions, Hunt for Connection[Open]Nov 23, 2020 19:34:49 GMT -5
UCHIHA ISSEI
UCHIHA ISSEI Avatar
groupnull
Issei had no idea what she was thinking of, or what was going to happen afterward. For the time being all he wanted was to enjoy the moment. Oddly enough though, everything about the terrain they were traveling in begin to change. Issei was never fold of cold weather. Especially a place like this one that reminded him of how unbearably cold it was, but suddenly there was beauty in it.

Like there was this magic in the air hovering over him. He didn't know if it was the snow falling, or his feelings that were just in sync with its ever so unpredictable falling trajectory. This was a very scary moment for him because it was the first time he made himself available to someone so easily. Everyone around him outside of his parents had always had to work for it. Kazui was an exception, but even that connection wasn't intent. Her life was just too different than his own to fully relate.

With Yuuta he couldn't even trust him because of the many other Sensei that had come and gone. It took well over a year before he felt like he could finally trust him, but this? Everything was happening so fast he couldn't even remember back to moment where it all started. A silent laugh escaped from him as he thought of the moment he was looking across from her in the exams. He had no idea there would be so much talking. Let alone that she knew, and was friends with Kazui.

She said somethings that probably weren't appropriate for her age, but somehow he found himself gravitated toward her. Maybe because her personally was so far from what he considered to be normal. Plus, she seemed to actually like him? He didn't know to what degree but standing across from her, listening to her made him feel wanted, or perhaps this all was just crazy thinking. A soft sigh escape from him after deciding internally that he needed to just enjoy this.

There was no telling when he'd get the chance to ever experience this again. Issei expected the rest of the walk to be silent, and he was fine with that. Her warmth was all he needed. Anything more would be just another plus. At least thats what he thought until he felt something soft press against his cheeks. A feeling he only knew to associate with his mother, but this time around the feeling was completely different.

The shock that was sent through his body was one he was not quite familiar with at all, and the worst part about it was that he liked it. He didn't know why, but there was a new level of comfort he got from it that he could appreciate. To be honest he just wanted to stop for a moment and soak in the moment. Try to understand it more so he could really understand the depths of why this kiss was so much different than the one he still got from time to time from someone else he cared about.

Was this a sign of love? Or was this her way of saying thank you. Was this appropriate? Was he allowed to enjoy this? So many questions floating around in his mind. All he wanted was to enjoy it, but his mind only wanted to know why it was wrong not to. Time seemed to have slowed down in his mind, but in reality what followed were word of her own to explain why she'd done what she had did. She too, much like himself thought of him as special. She was also happy they spent time together. Did this mean he should give her one too?

"Me too.. I wish to have more days like this... Someday."

Afterward she placed her head gently against his back again. There was so much overwhelming energy in this moment and all he could think about was telling his mother about it when he got home. He knew if there was anyone who'd understand it'd be his Uchiha mother. just when he begin thinking about how he'd explain everything to her Ayukawa begin to start rambling. He didn't know it was possible to summarize everything they'd done so easily.

Issei didn't think anything different about her rambling compared to the other times she'd done it. He took it as a sign that she wanted to talk again. If anything, he was happy that she took so much pride in being able to make him laugh. He hoped she'd get the chance to do it more in the future because if he didn't he'd become like Old Man Kazuto. Fortunately for him he had Miho to add some life to his, life?

"How about this... If you can make her laugh one day then I'll really think you're funny."

Every word that came out of his mouth sent a new feeling through him. This was the first time he felt like he was capable of helping someone carry a conversation without asking a ton of questions. He wondered what his younger self might think if they saw him now. "Finally." Issei silently muttered to himself with a soft smile glued to his lips. The moment didn't last long as Ayukawa sneeze sort of sent him into a brief shock. He'd momentarily turn around to face her just to make sure she was okay before turning his attention back front.

Almost immediately after he did she'd call out to him. Her voice was extremely soft and definitely left him feeling like there was something to worry about. "Yes Ayukawa?" Afterward to which she whispered in his ear. Apparently the magic of winter was wearing off. Was it because of him? Was followed was another loud sneeze which caught his attention. He wondered if her actions were starting to catch up to her, and her words that came afterward affirmed said fear.

"Of course."

Issei smiled softly before increasing his walking pace just a tad bit faster so they'd get to wear they needed much quicker. He wanted to keep things as they were, but even he knew how selfish it would be of him to slow things down just because he didn't want the evening to end. He'd move just fast enough so she'd be able to rest in peace. He even hoped she fell asleep so that when she woke up she'd be back to the sleeping quarters. They weren't too far from it now anyways.

When they arrived he made sure to now say anything until they walked in. That is unless she managed to stay awake the whole time. If she had fallen asleep he'd make sure to gently shake her while calling out her name to wake her. If she was then he'd merely give her a moment to adjust to said warmth before placing her down. From there he was sure she'd decide how they might part ways.
Premature Functions, Hunt for Connection[Open]Nov 24, 2020 0:58:53 GMT -5
Saeko Ayukawa
Saeko Ayukawa Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Follow the Path
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....mmmmmmmhhhh Fiveee more minutes...."

The last conversation had not put Ayukawa to sleep on purpose, but rather her instincts wishing to conserve energy within the current conditions made it need to reserve for what was going to come. It was an adaption trait that came with her clan. It was how they survived for so long within such extreme conditions. In the end, there would be little more than soft snoring as she remained upon his back, her eyes closed as she attempted to try and keep the memories of this moment in her dreams. A fleeting effort perhaps, but it made her smile as she felt the warmth as though she were warped within a blanket.

Though at Issei's gentle rustling, the girl would feel herself being let down, her booted feet hitting the ground as she groggily worked toward arising herself.

Moment music

"Ummmmm...two more minutes ma...Oh...wait...He heh heh...sorry...Guess I sorta zoned out there for a bit...I wasn't sleeping...just closing my eyes..."

Rubbing the sleep away, her body would regain balance upon the ground as she looked upward toward the taller male, her arms stretched upward toward the sky before then resting them back at her side. Realizing soon enough that they were now at the sleeping quarters, her purple eyes would blink narrowly before soon fully realizing their destination. It seemed so soon, but then again, perhaps it was better that they said good night here. Something in her was becoming more and more intimate, and she couldn't explain it really. Perhaps it was just being around him that was the cause, but it felt so good...it was nice...it was more than nice...it was....wonderful.

But then, he may have wished to go to bed himself as well, and even she didn't want to be around him with him being so worried about her condition. Plus, she could feel a sneeze trying to build, likely another sign from her ancestors to take this moment and to simply go.

"I guess...this is my stop...heh heh...kinda like a...well..ya know? Wagon stop...horse stop...I will make you admit I am funny..."

Twisting her face a bit, the girl would remember his jacket, handing it over after slipping it off her frame, even almost removing all trace of him from her. But it was still there, it was all around her.

"So...I mean...Um..."

Quickly bowing herself forward, she'd hold a grin as she looked up after respectfully thanking him.

"Thank you so much for bringing me back here...I had a lotta fun! I hope we get to hang out more! Especially if we both pass the exams...."

Her hands soon placed within the pockets of her own jacket, she'd look to the ground, barely able to keep eye contact as she then rubbed the back of her neck as she closed her eyes with an embaressed smile.

"I hope...I mean...I wasn't tryin to put ya on the spot when I...ya know?....I just...I just thought that...When someone is really special to you....you should show it...and I..I talk alot...especially when I'm nervous or...don't know how to say what I'm really feelin....ya know?....So I...I just...wanted ya to know that....I do think your really special...not just to me...I mean...definitely to me....but...ya know...I...actually...I don't really even...know...ya know?"

Ayukawa would then sheepishly grin as she then hug him swiftly, not really caring who was looking as she whispered before then pulling away.

"Thank you for sharing your light with me....Don't lose it...it's really warm and bright..."

In doing this, the girl would then stand on her toes as she looked directly at him with a stern expression before allowing her usual smile to take it's place.

"Promise? Oh! And also that ya still have fun! Even if I'm not there...got it!? No being so serious all the time!"

BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
last edit by Saeko Ayukawa on Nov 24, 2020 1:01:51 GMT -5
Premature Functions, Hunt for Connection[Open]Nov 24, 2020 14:18:24 GMT -5
UCHIHA ISSEI
UCHIHA ISSEI Avatar
groupnull
Ayukawas reaction to him placing her on the ground was definitely a funny one. He wondered if she, much like himself came from a home with a loving family. She talked of them a lot so for the time being he could assume that she probably did. Having people at home that cared about you did a lot to reshape how you lived your life. Its why he never truly blended in with the Uchiha.

Most of them couldn't grasp the feeling of being around someone who loved them because most of them were lost in previous wars. There were also cases similar to what little he heard about Kazuis family. He never really dug into the roots of that truly, and decided that it was probably best to never. He hoped that maybe one day he'd get to have more conversations about Ayukawas own family someday. Nevertheless, now that she was down she spent was little time they had trying to wake herself up.

First wiping the sleep from her eyes, and the next was stretching. In the meantime while she did that he rose up from his kneeled position to a standing one. When she was done she begin to ramble in a number of way about this being her "stop." All he do was watch the girl with a weak smile across his lips. It wasn't until she begin talking that he realize their night was truly coming to an end. As weird as that sounded, especially with him knowing what was coming the entire time it still only just now reached him.

He really enjoyed being around her, but in the end good things always do have to come to an end. Now that he'd come to that realization the next things hovering over his mind was if she was going to be okay. He could tell on the way here that she was starting to feel a little worst than before. Was someone going to be here to take care of her? The answer from a logical perspective was probably yes.

He was certain that there was personnel in here that was responsible for providing them with anything they need in the event something happens to them. Before, and even after the exams, but even knowing that he still wanted to be the one to take care of her. But why? Why did it matter for it to be him and not someone else? So many questions were going to need to be answered when he got home.

"Well, if you work hard enough maybe you will.."

The truth was that Issei already thought she was funny. Maybe not int he conventional manner, but internally she made him laugh a lot. He just wasn't going to admit it out loud because he felt doing so might give her less incentive to want to be around him. After a silent, but brief moment between the two of them she'd remember that he had his jacket on. The latter of which he didn't think twice about even though it was right in front of him.

"Oh, yeah.... Thanks."

He responded holding the jacket in his hands briefly before placing it across his shoulder. He couldn't quite explain it, but her handing him back his jacket kind of hurt. It was like another sign was being thrown at him just to tell him his awesome night was coming to an end. When Ayukawa bowed to him Issei followed by doing the same. "I should be thanking you.. I never knew one could have so much, fun.."

"I really hope... I mean, I regular hope that we can see one another again soon.. Well, someday."

A brief cringe smirk stressed across his lips after his fumbling of her words before he turned away from her to gather himself. Ironically enough she did the same thing with him. He wouldn't look away for long as he didn't want his last moments with her to be him looking away in fear and embarrassment. Just when he was going to speak she took it upon herself to start the conversation first. Every word that she spoke was like an arrow being shot at his heart.

It was as if he could related to every word, every unnecessary pause she made in her statement to him because honestly he felt the same. He could see too that this moment was probably just as hard for her as it was for him. Afterward he smiled as she rushed in to give him a hug. The feeling of her embrace made him feel happy, but sadness also loomed as he knew her grasp was only going to last for so long before it was over. Afterward she said something to him that he was never going to forget for the rest of his life.

Ironically they were words spoken by his own mother to him many times so, the affect her words had on him nearly tore him apart emotionally. Not negatively, but they sort of open places in his heart that he wasn't quite ready for. Could he handle adding another important person in his life in the same line of work. All of their jobs held the kind of risk that meant one day, any day he could be told from someone that they were gone. Tears tried to fill his eyes, but he used every ounce of edge he had left within to fight them.

He wasn't going to let those drops of water fall for anyone. TIGHTEN UP! The Uchiha screamed internally at himself. Taking it upon himself to use a free hand to wipe them out before she'd get a chance to look hopefully. By then his face would be stern, but vulnerable at the same as her optics seemed to bring out the part of himself that he wished to keep hidden away. When she started talking it again she asked him to promise, and also that he would try to have fun a lot more often. More important, even if she wasn't there.

"I uh.. Okay.. I promise to try my best."

He knew that it was going to be next to impossible to try as he had no idea how to do anything revolving around fun. The only other person who attempted to do so with him vanished after the first night they met. He hoped that this encounter wouldn't be anything like the other. "But promise me that you'll.. Take care of yourself tonight.. and." A brief pause was taking as he looked away from her trying to figure out how he'd say what he want. "Be safe... I don't know.. Just...Yeah.."
Premature Functions, Hunt for Connection[Open]Nov 24, 2020 15:27:28 GMT -5
Saeko Ayukawa
Saeko Ayukawa Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Follow the Path
Me?...I'm always safe!....Okay...not really...I do run alot...and fall...mostly trip...Oh! And there was one time that I fought a bunch of mind controlled lions!"

Spiraling her fingertips on both sides of her face, she'd then realize that this probably wasn't making her look like the most cautious person in the world. Though that was somewhat of a fact, it wasn't out of being reckless.

"I promise...I'll be more careful if you are..."

Holding her hands in front of her, she'd then smile shyly before sneezing once again, using her arm to rub her nose as she then giggled lightly into her hand. Honestly, she'd probably be in bed the moment she got into the room, so rest wasn't going to be too difficult. If she could sleep on someone's back, she had to be tired. But it almost looked like Issei was no better than she was. His eyes appeared somewhat red beneath, and it almost looked like they were built up tears. With a blank expression, she'd think for a moment if he somewhat was worried that they wouldn't see each other again. Sure, she had the same thought as well. But then again, there was no way this would be the end.

"This isn't goodbye...it's just see ya later..Here!"

Reaching into her jacket, the girl would manage to dig deep enough into it, revealing what looked to be a small stone. It wasn't special in any way, though there appeared to be a few dents within it. In walking up to him, she'd take his hand gently, placing the rock inside of it and closing his palm around it.

"Thats the first rock I ever got on my very first mission! It's really handy cause ya can do a lot of fun stuff with it. Toss it up and down, read it's surface...like I did with your hand! It can even be a neat way to help pass the time and gather ya thoughts..."

In saying that, she'd continue to hold his hand before looking back to him as she smiled sweetly.

"Plus...since it's originally my rock, we gotta share it so we'll be seeing each other every once and awhile to exchange it!"

Ayukawa would then slowly pull away as she began to move around him as she stopped once again to sneeze, this time her hair actually bobbing forward as she shivered a bit.

"Wow...that was a big one..."

Sniffling, she'd soon turn around as she sheepishly smiled before waving her hand at him.

"I'm okay! But I'll follow ya orders to the letter...sir!"

Giving him a salute, she'd snicker before lightly jogging to the door, looking back toward him as she continued to smile as she waved at him.

"Good night...Issei-Kun..."

With that, the youth would make her way indoors, her eyes still watching him from the glass windows as she moved further in, tripping for a moment before regaining her posture as she continued to wave to show that she was still okay. Though the night was over, it was certainly not the last time the Suna girl would see the Uchiha boy...not in a long shot...
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Premature Functions, Hunt for Connection[Open]Nov 24, 2020 23:18:20 GMT -5
UCHIHA ISSEI
UCHIHA ISSEI Avatar
groupnull
A cringe look was given to Ayukawa as she went back in forth on all the way she "wasn't" being safe. He figured that she might have meant well, but much like himself during this evening of theirs things weren't exactly coming out the way they planned. After giving her some time to really gather her thoughts she promised that she would be careful so long as he did the same. A smile and head nod was shown to show he agreed.

"Fine.. I wouldn't want you falling and tripping all the time while I'm away anyways."

The Uchiha responded looking in the opposite direction for a moment. Deep down he was pretty nervous on how she might take what he said. He was hoping it would come out more as a joke, but now that his mind was thinking over his words a hundred times over all he could think about was how mean he might have sounded. When he turned back to face her she seemed unfazed by what he had just said so for the moment it look like things were still all good.

She still had that glow about her that seemed to make everything okay. Somehow in her discomfort he found comfort. Maybe it was because he knew she probably was just as shy and nervous as he was. Another sneeze came not much longer prompting Issei to jump a little before his glare sort of focused in on her. He was really beginning to get concerned about her, but he didn't want to say anything about it to her. She got here on her own and he was sure she could take care of herself on her own.

To be honest he needed to rest himself. He might now have been sick, but right about now after everything that transpired he most certainly could have used some sleep. If he'd be able to that is. Their evening out was already clouding his mind so there was no telling if it would go away once he got back to his room. Especially after what she had just said to him. He couldn't believe that for a moment she almost got the deepest most vulnerable feelings out of him.

Maybe some time apart from her might actually be good for him. He was sure the way he was feeling right now couldn't be healthy right? No way was there anyone outside of his parents that could make him feel so vulnerable so easily. Maybe if he activated his Sharingan, even for a moment he'd get to see if she was using some sort of Genjutsu on him. Maybe that would explain why everything about this evening had gone so perfectly.

Nevertheless, in response to his own vulnerability she'd talk of how this wasn't goodbye, but that it was more like a see you later. The world sort of sent a spark of relief, but also a little fear of how he'd even respond to seeing her again. What was he going to say? How long would it be till they saw one another? Would he even be the same person? Would she even be the same person? So much stress.

After her words she'd reach into her jacket and pulled out what he believe to be a simple stone. Why it was there? Who knows, and he was certain he was about to find out. According to her It was a stone she found on her very first mission so that had to mean it was important. At least that was how he took it. Once she placed it gently into his hand she begin to provide a number of comical explanations on how handy it could be.

It might not have been some super rock, but it came from her so that was all that mattered to him. Even after she'd already given him the item hers hands were still very much so linked with his own. Suddenly he could feel his body temperature rise as she begin to look at him with that look that seemed to spiral his insides out of control. How could someone he just meet make him feel so. Alive.

In the midst of the moment she expressed that because it was her rock that they had to share it, and that each time they saw one another they'd get to exchange it. The idea made him smile as he thought of how holding the stone so far had made him feel. It was like he was getting the chance to take a piece of her with him, and whenever they saw each other again a piece of him would be attached to it next time around.

"Hmmm, I like the sound of that."

A head nod was given as she begin to slowly pull away from him. A part of him wanted her to hold on to him for just a bit longer, but maybe this needed to happen. As far as he was concern he couldn't even quite understand the magnitude of what was going on. He was definitely going to need some translation as to what happened when he got home. As she begin parting ways with hims she'd sneeze once again. This time a little louder than before.

"Yeah, it was..."

A concern Issei spoke, but before he even got the chance to speak on it she'd say that she was okay. He didn't believe her to be honest, but he had to trust that she was going to honor their promise to one another. Afterward she'd salute to him before jogging over to the door. It was at that moment that the evening coming to an end really hit him. As she waved at him Issei would do the same.

Much to his surprised she'd added an honorific to his name which sort of caught him by surprise mid waving. "Good night... Ayukawa-chan."

On the inside he was dying, but he felt there wouldn't be another chance to do the same. Afterward she went inside leaving him out there alone. At least thats what it felt like. Looking down as his hand he'd find the stone she'd given him. "Guess you'll be coming with me." A short laugh followed as he tossed the rock up and down from his hand as he headed to his over sleeping quarters. "Until next time..."

END THREAD