Premature Functions, Hunt for Connection[Open]

fallen blades
Premature Functions, Hunt for Connection[Open]Sept 28, 2020 17:57:00 GMT -5
Saeko Ayukawa
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Saeko Ayukawa Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday October 15th rank Chunin occupation Operation Team Member
Follow the Path
"Soooo pretty...I'm gonna miss being out here...maybe not the cold...but I'll really miss this..."

Moment Music

Ayukawa would grin to herself as she laid back upon the ground, eyes staring upward toward the sky as she could see the stars just as clearly as could out in the desert. If there was only one thing she'd change was probably the climate. After all, she was more used to the temperatures that were hot enough to boil water. Out here, it was cold enough that she was almost convinced that she'd be the only one in the history of Sunagakure to come back home with a cold.

Still it was all worth it. This had the been the best, most exciting, most epic few days of her life!

While she may not have done as well as she would have liked, she wanted to believe that she had given it her best shot and put her all into the exams. In the end, it was now in the hands of her ancestors to see if she had proved herself ready for the next step in becoming a shinobi. If not, well...there was always next time. All things considering, getting to fight so many different opponents from different villages had taught her a lot. There were a lot of different ways to fight, but finding your own style was just as important as knowing all of them.

Thankfully, she had dedicated herself to the art of Taijutsu and nothing else. That meant that she had to work just as hard to be like her heroine, Lady Kasumi.

Arms spread out in the snow, the youth would close her eyes as she took in the night air. Though soon realizing that her skin of her appendages were getting really really chilly. Why did she think it was a good idea to just wear her usual clothes outside again?

Tag: | Words: xxx | Notes:
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
last edit by Saeko Ayukawa on Sept 28, 2020 17:57:42 GMT -5
Kaze has written 556 posts
Premature Functions, Hunt for Connection[Open]Oct 13, 2020 23:35:09 GMT -5
UCHIHA ISSEI
UCHIHA ISSEI Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday OCTOBER 12, -13SD rank SP. JOUNIN occupation WAR COUNCIL
Issei for one was glad that not only that the exams was over, but that he managed to come out of it alive. If there was anything he could appreciate it was that life was not something to be taken for granted. Not everyone got to live through the exams, and his teammate would worked even harder than himself was proof of that. Nonetheless, now that everything had ended there were some things he could appreciate.

He knew that in the future he'd probably never get to talk to so many people from an enemy nation again. Not unless they managed to avoid any hardships that would have otherwise create a hatred strong enough to put him in danger. He also got to experience a feeling he deep down had longed for, and that was the genuine belief that he was a Shinobi capable of going the distant. Getting the chance to hear the whispers about him after the exams were humbling.

Despite how much he hated the cold he knew the likelihood that he'd ever get to be here under positive circumstances were slim to none. Yuki was not an ally of Konoha so being here was extremely rare. As he continued to travel about the night sky he noticed a familiar figure in the snow not too far from him. "I hope that isn't who I think it is..." A slightly annoyed sigh escaped from him while he jogged over to the snow to see that it was one of his opponents, and friend of Kazuis.

"What are you doing Ayukawa?"

The Uchiha spoke shaking his head before taking a knee while placing his warm hand upon her forehead to see how her body was holding up. "The last time I checked you were from the desert, I don't think you should laying in the snow like this... You might get.. Sick." The latter comment prompting him to awkwardly remove his hand from her forehead as he didn't even take it upon himself to get her consent.

"There are more efficient ways to enjoy the climate without putting yourself in a hospital.. You do know that right?"
| AP has written 653 posts
Premature Functions, Hunt for Connection[Open]Oct 14, 2020 8:47:51 GMT -5
Saeko Ayukawa
Saeko Ayukawa Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday October 15th rank Chunin occupation Operation Team Member
Follow the Path
"Just chillin...It's so nice up here...I can't believe I didn't get a chance to come up here at all..."

Moment Music

At this point, Ayukawa had greatly gained the scent of the Uchiha, knowing it anywhere...probably better than most considering...

While she was still not sure exactly why that was, or the feeling in her stomach and head every time she was around him, her senses were just always on fire when he was close by, leading to her opening her eyes slowly as she held a grin on her face. With her arms still spread out, she'd begin to move them back and forward against the snow, making what looked to be a snow being as she laughed lightly.

"I'm probably never gonna be able to be here again! So I wanna take every moment that I have left to enjoy it! Snow is so cold, but so pretty as well! I mean the ice is so slippery! You can taste the water on your tongue and it's literally everywhere! Not to mention that..Umph.."

With the sudden touch of Issei's hand on her forehead, her eyes would close as if she had just been hit, only to open one of her purple hues to see him knelt down at her side, leading to the girl blinking with a blank expression as he began to explain how due to her desert origins, it was probably unhealthy for her to be so exposed to the chilled climate. Soon feeling the removal of his palm, she'd watch him pull away rather suddenly, leading to her raising her brow as she continued to blink in some confusion as he stated that their were other ways that she could enjoy the scenery.

"Like what?"

Tilting her head to the side, she'd soon pull herself upright so that she was seated on the ground, shaking her head as the snow fell from her braided locks. Much like a dog, the youth would then look around before snapping her fingers.

"Oh! I know! Like rolling down the hill! Or sliding right? I think they had sleds close by for rent too! Oh oh!! There also was some kinda ice pond where people were moving across the surface on bladed shoes! OH OH! There was even a meadow that had statues made of ice and a frozen waterfall!!"

Hands held out with excitement, the energy of the Sunagakure nin was hard to enjoy, nor was her smile as all these thoughts were flooding out without any sign of stopping.

BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Premature Functions, Hunt for Connection[Open]Oct 14, 2020 19:54:12 GMT -5
UCHIHA ISSEI
UCHIHA ISSEI Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday OCTOBER 12, -13SD rank SP. JOUNIN occupation WAR COUNCIL
Issei could appreciate why she was admiring the terrain the way that she was. Most of what she said he'd already thought about at some point. Well minus the ice being slippery and the taste of it. He didn't care so much about that part, but under different circumstances it probably would have been nice to enjoy the area from a more vacation like standpoint. Instead, their presence here was mainly to show their respective villages they were ready for promotion.

Nevertheless, when he told her that there were other ways they could enjoy the place he honestly had not thought of the other things they could do. Somewhere inside of his head assumed the answers would be easy to come by, but if now that it was time to really come up with something all he could think about was going on a boring walk. The latter of which he was fortunate to do with someone else, but other than that he couldn't imagine such a minimal task stimulating the mind of someone like her.'

Before he could throw in any sort of bad idea she'd turn her head to the side and lifted her torso from the ground. Shaking her head as though she was some wild animal. All of whatever she was trying to free from her locks were hitting him in the face. "Yikes.." The Uchiha silently muttered with a blank face before trying to listen to what she had to say. All of her ideas were kind of over the top. The kind of things the kids in the academy did when he was younger, but he never got the chance to partake in.

He tried cutting her off many times as he didn't know how to do any of those things, but she continued to express her idea. "I mean... You don't think..." He tried interjecting while she was talking about the ice waterfall. Afterward, she'd reach her hand for him to take so that they could undoubtedly go out on some of these crazy adventures. "Well I... I suppose its much safer than this?" Issei awkwardly responded with a weak smile before taking her cold hands.

"Don't go crying to Kazui if you get sick.."

Issei muttered while pulling her up from the ground. He figured that she was better off hanging out with him rather than doing this with someone else. Someone here had to be the responsible one or else the risk of her doing something crazy or dangerous might happen.
Premature Functions, Hunt for Connection[Open]Oct 14, 2020 20:27:21 GMT -5
Saeko Ayukawa
Saeko Ayukawa Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Follow the Path
"Heh heh! Ya think she'll worry!? Thats awesome! Not awesome that she'll worry, but cool that she cares..always hard to read that girl sometimes...even with me being her bestie..."

Moment Music

Reaching her feet, Ayukawa would continue to grin brightly as she then realized her hands was still in his. They were rough, but warm. Likely from him not being in the cold longer than he needed to, but still. As she gently rubbed her thumb along the length of his palm, she'd blink for a moment as she looked down at them.

"Wow...kinda weird...You hands show that ya do a lot of training...more than that..you also focus a lot on ninjutsu..."

With a blank expression, she'd soon pull one hand away, resting it behind her head as she held a sheepish look upon her face.

"Just a guess! I mean...I know that palm reading is kinda weird...but there are some elders that think the lines in one's hands tell the story of their lives...past...present and future..."

Ayukawa wasn't an expert at it. Her mother had been related to someone within the far reaches of the desert who had been her grandmother. She had once been a palm reader at a time before meeting her future husband, who had been of Saeko. Of course, upon marriage, it didn't really matter as she gave up the practice. Though that didn't mean that she didn't pass it down. Her mother showed her some of what she had learned, as with much knowledge given through the clan. It was more or less an art that was limited in interest. After all, the clan was of composed warriors, but it was nice to know history. Sometimes at least. Knowing the future was different thing completely.

"I mean...lookin at this...just a guess...I'm not good at this...it showing kinda a lot of disconnect...."

Looking back up at him, she'd then draw her hand away as she then blinked for a moment as she let her fingertips scratch at her eye brows.

"Though like I said...I don't know much about it...I just kinda sorta do it...not all the time...knowing the palm, claws, paws of any living thing is part of hunting ya know? Sometimes it helps in understanding just what it is that we're lookin for...heh heh.."

In saying this, the young girl would then draw her hands behind her back as she then looked around for a moment. She felt the fluttering in her stomach again, though it was less hard than before.

"OH! We can totally go check out the ice pond!! It will be fun!!"

Bouncing up and down, the girl would keep smiling as she waited to see if Issei was on board or not.

BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Premature Functions, Hunt for Connection[Open]Oct 14, 2020 21:33:19 GMT -5
UCHIHA ISSEI
UCHIHA ISSEI Avatar
groupnull
"Yeah.. Thats kind of an Uchiha thing, but she definitely cares. Kazui doesn't spend time with anyone that she doesn't."

Issei still remembered the first time he met her. Back when she was still just a lost and innocent Academy student. He couldn't even approach Kazui without her trying to leave the moment he said something. She had been through a lot, and thankfully because of her surrounding she managed to fight off a lot of those hardships, but he could tell that she was still going through some things internally.

Nonetheless, After picking her up from the ground there was a brief moment where their hands were still connected. He didn't think anything of it other than the fact that she might drag him away. Plus he knew the warmth of his hands might be good for her own. He figured as such when she begin to move her thumb along the seams of his palm. For once a natural smile crossed his face, feeling as though he might have been right about his assumption of her hands being cold.

"Huh? you picked up all of that? Just... From touching my hands?"

The Uchiha asked curiously. He wondered if that was some sort of hidden ability of her that she kept from him during their fight. After a moment of just staring at her she'd pull one hand away from his. Isseis initial thought was that he might have said something wrong figuring it might be a good idea to pull the other away, but another insecure thought convinced him that doing so would mean he didn't want to be here, and thus leaving a bad impression.

Fortunately, the look on her face afterward didn't seem to show any sort of problem. For now he would keep his focus together until she gave him a reason to worry about something. "That was only a guess?" A sort of disbelief looked was given to the girl. He assumed that Ayukawa was probably just being modest, and that there was more to this palm reading thing she was talking about. He wondered if she had sensory capabilities as well.

"It doesn't sound all that crazy to me.. I mean, you managed to pick all of that up about me.. I knew it couldn't have just been a 'guess'."

Issei spoke before she begin doubting herself again. He wondered why her mood was constantly shifting the way it was. In the exams she seemed to be full of energy, and the same could be said for when he approached her not too long before now. Maybe she was uncomfortable with the gift she displayed.

"No need to doubt yourself.. You're better at this than you give yourself credit for."

The Uchiha responded just as she was retracting her hands away from his own. He figured that this might be the end of it, but then she begin talking about it once more. All Issei could do was stare at her while trying to reflect on anything he might have done wrong to cause her to keep going on these rants. After another another brief rant there was a pause as she begin to look around as if she was lost for words, and then out of nowhere she spoke again. Shocking the Uchiha for a moment before he'd regain composure.

"Um, the ice pond sounds nice? Just no going inside the water ok?"

Issei responded with a weak smile while watching the girl bounce up and down again. The first thing he was going to talk about when he got home was Ayukawa. Never in his life had he experienced someone so full of different emotions. He wondered if those characteristics were the reason Kazui gravitated toward her.
Premature Functions, Hunt for Connection[Open]Oct 15, 2020 11:55:10 GMT -5
Saeko Ayukawa
Saeko Ayukawa Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Follow the Path
"Oooooh...now it totally makes sense! I getcha! That must mean she likes me alot then! Hah hah hah!"

Ayukawa had always had a feeling that there was a lot more going on with Kazui than she let on. Her demeanor was always so serious, but there were also moments in which she could catch her smiling too. It was as if she were in a conflict within to enjoy the moments when they were there. Perhaps out of guilt? Who knew? She did know that she had those feelings to, like being happy when there were things in her own life that weren't so. Still, she imagined that if her brother had still been here, he would want her to be herself and not let things weigh her down. That was what the girl believed at least.

As the two would begin to walk, she'd hear his comment of how she had guessed all that from just reading his palm, and his reaction seemed to indicate that he had been right at least. Scratching the top of her nose, she'd look up for a moment as she held a blank expression.

"Well..I kinda picked up a bit of that during our match...sorta...was too busy throwing up ya know?"

Realizing that it might have been cheating, the girl would wave her hands as she shook her head in embarrassment.

"Not that I'm blamin ya! I mean! It was a great move! Awesome move in fact! I thought I was gonna die! Like seriously! I wasn't even mad! It was sooo cool how ya could just...do that!!!

With a giggle, she'd then pause as he seemed to state how she shouldn't doubt her abilities, noting that she should give herself more credit. Resting her hands behind her head, the youth would nod as she then look once more to the sky.

"Thanks...but I mean...it really isn't that big of a deal...not that me learning something from my mom isn't a big deal..just that my big brother was better at it...he was just really good at figuring out the lines and paths that people take..and that was just by looking at either their hands...clothes...even their eyes...it's somethin like a sixth sense..."

Thinking on it further, she'd realize that it might not make much sense to the older teen, so she began to walk backwards as she spoke.

"See...sixth sense...is what some in my clan call being aware of all things...it's like hunter instincts on a higher level...you see just about everything you need to know in seconds...like a split instant reaction..ya know like when ya knee jerks after you bang it against something...or is something hitting against it?"

The two would not be too far from the ice pond, though the warning of her not going into the actual pond prompted Ayukawa to pout as she narrowed her eyes up toward Issei.

"I'm not so crazy to just jump right into it silly!"

In saying this, it would appear as if the girl did have some rational thought, of course such an assumption might change the moment she tugged at the layers of her clothes. Which in truth, consisted of just her tank top and her jacket.

"Thats why I have a jacket!"

Her grin would return as she then began to run a bit ahead, stopping short as she could see the icy surface ahead of them, eyes wide as she pointed toward it.

"There it is! Can you believe that!? It's so cold here that even the fish are stuck in place!?"

BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Premature Functions, Hunt for Connection[Open]Oct 24, 2020 12:31:56 GMT -5
UCHIHA ISSEI
UCHIHA ISSEI Avatar
groupnull
The fact that Ayukawa stuck around even after not knowing why she acted the way she did was an even bigger positive sign to Issei. Uchiha usually weren't the easiest to be around, and even if he didn't come off as dark as the others his unusual personality made up for it. It took him years to get to where he was now, and even then he still struggled to understand others, but he was trying.

A cringe expression stretched across his lips after she mentioned the part about her throwing up in the exams. He felt bad for the approach he took toward her, especially given the effects of the Genjutsu even after it wore off. "Oh yeah... About that.. Sorry." He hoped that she wouldn't be upset at him for how things ended, but he knew how tough of a fighter she probably was and decided to do whatever was necessary to win.

He hoped to come up with other methods in the future, but that was all behind them now as he was certain she probably wasn't even thinking about that. She seemed to be more embarrassed about how she figured him out. "Nah... There was nothing awesome about it. Just a desperate move to get out of a situation I've been in for too long." Issei was already a young adult at this point, and despite his recent success still felt as though he was behind.

The reality was that everyone here in the exams was younger, or much younger than himself. They'd all get to the next level years beyond the normal age range while he was lucky to even be here. Fortunately, after his previous words the conversation switched gears again. She begin talking further about why what she had done wasn't a big deal, and that her brother was better than she was.

Which might be true, but he didn't see the reason why she needed to compare herself to him. She was an entirely different person, and to Issei that meant there was always the chance to reinvent said skill into something more unique. Nonetheless, Issei could appreciate how elaborate and detailed she could be whenever she was looking for someone to understand what she was talking about.

"I can relate to that, although I'm sure your clans six sense is probably in other ways more advance than my own."

"Also, I think its a big deal.. Who knows, if you keep working at it you might even be able to surpass your brother... See the future even?"

He hoped the latter of what he said might cheer her up. She seemed to be really up and down with her feelings. Especially when it came to her ability to do anything. He might have won the fight, but he only did because he took her serious enough. If he treated her the way she did herself he probably would have gotten caught off guard by her.

"Well I don't know that.. You were laying in Ice cold snow. I don't know any sane person that would do that."

Issei was never a big fan of the cold, but because of the clan he was in he got enough training in it to know how much he hated it. It was interesting being from an area that got to experience all types of seasons and weathers only to find out others don't. He was almost certain a country like this one never got to experience a fall, or summer even.

"A jacket.... Over that?"

Issei questioned with a sarcastic look on her face. After a moment of just staring he'd actually laugh. Just the thought of knowing Ayukawa convincing herself that a jacket over a cloth of a top was enough layers to protect her from the snow. "Yeah, you're definitely going to get sick after this." The Uchiha spoke just as she begin to run off ahead of him.

"I can't believe it actually... How do the people eat the fish then?"

Issei hope the latter might be funny, although his awkward delivery might have taken away from the moment. "So what do we do now? Do we just stand here and watch, or do we try walking over the surface so that we can see what's in the water?"
Premature Functions, Hunt for Connection[Open]Oct 25, 2020 14:15:09 GMT -5
Saeko Ayukawa
Saeko Ayukawa Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Follow the Path
"Maybe they all like cold cod...Heh heh...get it? Cold Cod?

The girl would giggle at her small joke, though she imagined it was only funny to her as she leaned forward against the fence that was blocking off the area. There were people already out there, seeming to be enjoying themselves as they moved across the surface with relative ease. At the question of just what the two were to do now, Ayukawa would grin as she shook her head.

"No way are we just standing here and watching! We're so goin out there! Be right back!"

With that said, the girl seemed to make her way a bit, seeing a man that looked like a vendor as he held out his hand for a moment in her direction. While the conversation would be hard for the male to make out from his position, it was clear that the Suna-nin was exchanging something with him, drawing out a small pouch as she received two sets of what looked to be shoes with blades on their bottoms. Stumbling forward, the girl would return as she held up one set for him.

"Here ya go! Their called Ice Skates! We wear these and we'll be glidin across the ice with no problem! That what makes it so fun!!"

Dropping herself to the ground, the girl would begin to remove her boots, drawing out her foot as she soon shuffled it into one of them. From there, she'd do the same with the next, her grin of excitement still glowing as she bounced up and down, only to nearly fall over as she struggled with the new balance she'd have to maintain.

"Alittle hard to walk in though! But I guess thats why their just for the ice huh?! Come on! We gotta get out there!!"

Attempting the walk, Ayukawa would trip, landing face first into the snow, but still managing to get back up as she began to walk once more, her legs spread out as she seemed to bow-leggedily proceed to the lake.

BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Premature Functions, Hunt for Connection[Open]Oct 25, 2020 15:18:27 GMT -5
Yuki Shizuha
Yuki Shizuha Avatar
groupnull
age 17 years old birthday 01/11 rank Adv. Genin occupation 1st Genin Team
Ice is as cold as your heart once you face the fury of me.
It nice cold breezy day in Yuki no Kuni and Shizuha was strolling around the area where she heard unfamiliar voices. With no doubt she thought it was a great idea to go check it out. Walking through the snow she was wasn’t wearing much warm clothing. The cold didn’t really bother her all that much and never thought about bringing a coat. Walking closer to the area where the chatter was, there was an ice rink which looked like there was others around enjoying themselves. But most importantly, Shizuha saw two unfamiliar people just outside of the rink. With no time wasted she would start moving her way up to them. Watching the girl switch her boots out for the skates Shizuha would give a smile. In talking distance she spoke up upon the two.

"Looks like you two are about to have some fun” She smiled once more before looking at them even more closely. It’s amazing to see people from other countries here spending there time at Yuki no Kuni.

"What brought you two here in the coldest place on earth?” She looked at the two of them.

"You two must be on a date. That’s so adorable!” She said out of excitement.

The Yuki would look around. With the cold not fazing her, she decided that is would be a perfect time for her to introduce herself to the two. "My name is Shizuha. I’m actually from here. Isn’t the snow so beautiful?”

Notes go here

Kotori has written 137 posts
Premature Functions, Hunt for Connection[Open]Oct 27, 2020 14:55:06 GMT -5
UCHIHA ISSEI
UCHIHA ISSEI Avatar
groupnull
"I'm sorry, I don't."

Issei responded with a nervous look on his face. He wanted to understand the joke, but if he were being honest he never really saw it coming and thus did not prepare mentally anything for the sort. Fortunately, the joke made her laugh which in turn made him smile to see that she was happy regardless of the outcome. Issei could only imagine how embarrassed he'd feel if he ever attempted to make a joke just for it to fall on deaf ears.

Nevertheless, she'd declare that the two of them would not just be standing around. "Oh.. Um, okay." Issei had never seen, or done anything like this before so he was kind of worried on what might happen. The last thing he wanted to do was hurt himself, or worst. Fall through the ice and freeze to death. He felt deep down he might have been exaggerating, but there was no way for him to know it was solid enough to move around.

For all he knew there could have been some sort of movement technique that kept them from slicing through the ice. After watching, and waiting for Ayukawa she'd come back with what she referred to as Ice Skates. "I don't know... I think the people out there are just making it look that way." Issei wondered if moving in ice skates would be similar to where heeled shoes like woman do since the blade would add a few inches and required balance.

After she'd fall to the ground to quickly put on her skates Issei 'slowly' followed along side her. It was kind of cool to see how happy she was to be out here with him. He couldn't think of the last time anyone was excited to see him outside of his own parents, and even then the feeling he was experiencing now was different. Ayukawa finished putting on her shoes first naturally, and after bouncing a few times almost fell.

The latter to which Issei flinched in an attempt to stop what he was doing to help. Fortunately she managed to catch herself before moving along. Soon after he finished putting on his own skates and slowly rose up to the ground. "Hmm, this isn't as bad as I thought." The Uchiha spoke looking down, and then back up only to see Ayukawa fall to the ground. "Geez, you're going to leave here in worst condition than you were in the exams."

Issei spoke trying to slowly move over to her so that he would not fall. By then she'd already recovered, but the way she was walking definitely was not ideal. "I don't know Ayukawa.. The way you're moving right now? Doesn't seem all that good for you." Just as he finished speaking someone from inside of the ring approached them. A girl with white hair that looked to actually be from here.

"I'd hope so.. Otherwise we'd have to take a night trip to the hospital."

Issei spoke trying to get over to where she was before answering her next question. "The Chuunin exams actually, which thank Kami, Is finally over." By this point he was already walking along side her with little issues compared to her own. "Here, lemme help." He spoke reaching out to take her right hand with his left so that she would not have to look so silly. "There." It wouldn't take them that much longer to reach the boundaries of the ring so that Ayukawa could hopefully rest up against it.

Upon their arrival Issei would be caught off guard by the question of the girl he assumed was native to the area. "Yeah.... umm, w-WAIT!" Issei initially responded before catching himself off guard. "Oh no... Um, its not like that, Ehem! We're just friends of friends.. Doing friend things?" He hoped that might answer her question. "I'm Uchiha, Issei, and as you can see... WE, are not from around here... Its n-nice to m-meet cha."
Premature Functions, Hunt for Connection[Open]Oct 29, 2020 13:24:22 GMT -5
Saeko Ayukawa
Saeko Ayukawa Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Follow the Path
"Ya think so?"

As Ayukawa stopped for a moment, doing her best to hold her balance upward, hands held out at either side of her, she'd soon hear a voice speaking to them from not too far off, prompting her to smile as she waddled herself around so that she was facing the person. She seemed nice, commenting on how the two looked like they were about to have some fun. With her nodding with a cheerful grin, Issei comment would cause the girl to pout as her arms crossed her chest with a huff.

"Shesh...way to have faith dude..."

Still, it was only for a moment as the question of what brought them out this far into the world would lead to the answer of the Chunin exams. Though in doing so, Ayukawa could feel herself somewhat leaning over again, panic coming over her face as she waved her arms in a circle to try and regain her posture. Thankfully, Issei had moved up along side her, having seemed to have mastered his own stance on the skate and taking hold of her arm to support her. Releasing a breath of relief, she'd grin sheepishly as she nodded up toward him in thanks.

"Heh heh...that was close...."

Feeling a bit of flush come over her face, her heart seeming to jump a bit as she continued to move along with him, the two would finally make it to the border of the lake, allowing for the girl to lean against it as she rested her arms behind her upon the fencing placed there. Much like a baby trying to walk, the girl would continue to practice balancing herself, only to be startled a bit at Issei reaction to the other girl's comment. This would lead to her falling onto her bottom, a blank expression on her face as she tilted her head to the side.

"A date?"

What was a date? She had known about relationships, but not the concept of dating. Were they same? Was that what it was between Asahi-chan and Arashi-chan? Her parents were bonded...maybe that was what the girl meant. In any case, it appeared that the Uchiha had been quick to correct her, stating that it was just two friends hanging out together. For a moment, her look of confusion did show a bit of concern, perhaps even prompting the rapid beating in her chest to stop. Still, it did little to change her demeanor as she smiled before laughing as she slowly rose back up again, using the fence as though it were a ladder.

"Yuppers! Just doing friend things!! Like Ice Skating!! Heh heh!"

Seeming to get back onto her feet, she'd soon hear the girl's name as Issei introduced himself, allowing for Ayukawa to do the same as she waved in her direction.

"And I'm Saeko Ayukawa!! Nice to meet you Shizuha-San!! The snow is amazing! So fluffy and white!"

As she held her hand up to her chest, the girl would then blink as she continued to speak with a cheerful tone.

"Though I really like it..I think I'll take sunshine and heat any day...but with the exams over, I really wanted to get to enjoy everything that was out here!"

In stating this, the youth would then continue to speak.

"Though not to say that I wanna not come back some day! I would love to come back one day! This place has so much that isn't where I'm from! Snow, Ice, freezing water! These..Ice Skates! It's really awesome!!"

BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Premature Functions, Hunt for Connection[Open]Oct 29, 2020 14:12:22 GMT -5
Yuki Shizuha
Yuki Shizuha Avatar
groupnull
age 17 years old birthday 01/11 rank Adv. Genin occupation 1st Genin Team
Ice is as cold as your heart once you face the fury of me.
Shizuha would listen to both of them. It was quite cute to see them not admit they're on a date. After all it's possible to be on a date and not actually dating. But other than that, It was amazing to see how they've never ice skate before. "So it's never cold where you're from to freeze the lakes and rivers?" It was something Shizuha would never of guess. But after all she's been stuck in a cold wasteland her whole life. It was only the matter of time until both them introduced themselves. The girl's name wasn't familiar to her but the boy's. She knew about the Uchiha clan from her father's stories of Konohagakure and the famous clan that posses a eye that copies techniques. "So Issei, that makes you from Konohagakure does it? I've heard about your clan from stories from my father." She smiles as she sees Ayukawa finds a way to stand back up. "You know. You two seem cute together. No matter what you two classify yourselves don't ever break this bond. Specially here in Yukigakure. Not many people your age has the opportunity to come here unless they're Chunnin. One day I want to go and see what the rest of the world is like. Be able to see actual grass and play in it." She giggles a little.

The next thing she hears is Ayukawa says she loves the snow. That where she's from they don't get it. Shizuha smiled. "Maybe one day I can bring the snow to where you're from so you can show all your friends." The Yuki didn't really explain much on how she was going to do that with the two but she had a feeling if she showed them that they would believe her. With that thought she helped Ayukawa get her feet on the ice and try and help her balance. "Since this is your fist time skating don't feel bad that you're going to fall a lot. I guess the best way to explain it is like trying to walk on water but this time without your chakra. You want your muscles to do most of the work to try and keep yourself balanced." Shizuha smiles once more. The white hair girl would back up a little and twirl around on the ice. "It's going to take a while to get good at it but I promise you once you do figure it out it's real fun and satisfying."

Notes go here

last edit by Yuki Shizuha on Oct 29, 2020 14:13:04 GMT -5
Kotori has written 137 posts
Premature Functions, Hunt for Connection[Open]Oct 30, 2020 16:04:51 GMT -5
UCHIHA ISSEI
UCHIHA ISSEI Avatar
groupnull
The beauty of the Chuunin exams were usually moments like this. It was the only time you could enter into enemy territory without having to worry about your life being on the line. Most times that is. There was always those few idiots that felt as though they could start a war without suffering the consequences, but that still rarely happened. Nonetheless, he was glad that Ayukawa was enjoying her time here, and honestly? So was he.

He was definitely given more opportunities than usual to be social, and if he had anything to say about it he was doing fine. So far he'd gotten the chance to make some new friend with Ayukawa being one, and Asuka being another. Although, he wondered if the future might possibly destroy any chances they have of acting on that given their respective villages hated one another. The world of Shinobi was a dark one, and there was no telling if they'd be trying to kill each other in a few years because of orders.

If he had the chance to come back here Issei honestly wouldn't know if he would. He didn't know what kind of person he'd be the next time the exams might be here because the only way he'd be able to is because of the exams. Ayukawa on the other had different plans, but he could understand why. Her sense of adventure was probably much higher than his own. He still hadn't quite grasped the whole human thing yet, but he was still trying to learn.

"Well, to my knowledge where I'm from we get all the climates, but never this cold."

Konoha was one of the few places he'd ever known to be able to experience just about all the seasons of the year. Though, he was certain things like Ice skating wasn't a thing. During that time of year he was just trying to get work done and go home as the cold was never really his thing. After the two of them introduced themselves the Yuki native had a few choice of words for him, and of course it involved the reputation and stories of his clan.

"Yes it does actually."

Issei could only hope that he and Kazui lived up to the reputation of the clan during the exams. After guess about where he was from she begin to talk about how cute the two of them were together. Issei had no words to say. In fact, all he could do for a moment was stand still with his eyes widened. He was hoping that she wouldn't dig too deep into them being together, but he could understand why she did. Boy and a girl, hanging out, in a place they don't live?

The two of them definitely seemed to have that off the wall vacation vibe thing he'd read in mangas from time to time. The latter of what the girl said though really stuck to Issei. She talked about the two of them not breaking the bond they were building together, and suddenly he didn't feel so awkward anymore. All he could do was look over to his counterpart and stare. He kind of felt bad for a moment because deep down he could feel that maybe he was taking all this for granted.

But here he was standing next to someone who appeared to really want to be around him. She might have been different, and even lived in a different place than himself but she was really nice. Special even. She'd managed to get the attention of Kazui, and now himself. "Yeah... Maybe you're right.." Issei muttered softly to himself, but just loud enough for Ayukawa to hear if she was chiming in on him.

Afterward Ayukawa begin talking about how she loved the snow which enabled the suggestion of maybe bringing the snow them. "No thanks." Issei responded with an awkward smile. Unfortunately for Ayukawa he was certain that her climate made it next to impossible to snow. Although, there was a small chance at night it could be made possibly given how cold it is in the desert at night.

Issei listened to Shizuha closely as she begin talking about some of the woes they might experience during their first time being on ice. It was a relief to know they probably weren't going to be judge for looking silly. Although, he was sure people might wonder about Ayukawa lack of clothing given how cold it was. In any case, Issei would be sure to keep her warm if she ever reached a point he felt was unsafe.

"Your words of encouragement are appreciated. I'm glad we were lucky enough to come across someone like yourself to help us.... Well mostly me. Ayukawa here seems to know more about this conceptually than I do."
Premature Functions, Hunt for Connection[Open]Oct 30, 2020 16:44:19 GMT -5
Saeko Ayukawa
Saeko Ayukawa Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
Follow the Path
It was a brief moment...but it felt like Issei was looking at her differently...

While conversation had shifted to that of the Uchiha Clan, it appeared that their new friend seemed to have some insist into just who they were. In truth, most people did as their clan was famous all over the world. Still, just knowing a name didn't mean that you actually knew the individual. She was finding out that Issei was completely different from Kazui.

With the suggestion that maybe one day Shizuha wished to travel the world and perhaps would even bring snow with her one day, Ayukawa would grin only to hear that he wasn't exactly keen on the offer. Maybe because it was likely not to happen due to it climate differences. She'd admit it, it wasn't like Sunagakure ever got cold before nightfall, and in the case of Konohagakure they seemed to only get snow depending on the season.

"Even if ya can't do it now...I'd still love for you to bring snow with you if you came to visit..."

Smiling, she'd soon reach down into her pocket, pulling out what looked to be a wrist weight. As she gently opened it, allowing for the two to continue talking, she'd appear to be placing snow within it as she filled it up as much as possible. Sure, it might have been silly, but maybe there was a chance that she could keep it.

In recognizing Shizuha's words, the female would realize the importance of her own bonds, and how she always did her best to value and keep them as much as she could. It was probably why she seemed to stay so close to her friends and family, as she couldn't see herself without them. Now those bonds were extending out further...to Shizuha...to Issei...

It was at that point that she noticed the older boy's look upon her, her eyes blank as she blinked for a moment and then rose back up. The long gaze did seemed to warm up her chest again, prompting her to look away as she smiled back at the female, having sorta missed much of the dialogue as she had been somewhat focused on her little task, still, she'd soon complete it as she felt a hand help her over toward the lake.

"Oh...So it isn't chakra...its the muscles...cool beans...."

As the other female guided her, she's nod to her in thanks as she began to feel her body moving in a slow slide. It was a bit daunting, having no real control at first as she held her hands out and seemed almost like a deer in the middle of a stampede. Though as she attempted to slide her foot forward, she'd quickly shuffle before falling backward onto her back.

"Heh heh! Wow..you're a real pro Shizuha!! Let me try that!!"

As the other girl seemed to have this mastered, Ayukawa wasn't ready to give up just yet. Rising back up, she'd feel her skates scrapping against the surface. Yet, seeming to have regained her balance, the Suna nin would attempt to spin, only finding herself flowing backwards and bumping into Issei as she slumped down slightly.

"Wow! You gotta try this Issei! It's so awesome!!!"
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION