The Art of Healing[Shodaime/Training]

compose a reply
The Art of Healing[Shodaime/Training]Jan 15, 2021 12:21:23 GMT -5
Senju Miho
The Next Chapter.....No Spoilers Please
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday April 21st rank SP. Jounin occupation Medical Corps Head
The Art of Healing

Miho would stare down into a book as she stood within the hall, her eyes clearly focused on the details of it's passages. Currently her focus seemed on such details, but in truth it was far from it. At the moment, she was currently working upon a patient who had the misfortune of being inflicted with a dangerous and potent poison. In truth, their strength of will was what seemed to be keeping them alive currently. She imagined had it not been for that, they would have passed long before they had managed to be returned safely here by his teammates.

He was young as well, and she couldn't nor would like to imagine the pain in which he was going through. Naturally, it was hope that she could figure out the same technique she had seen used within Sunagakure, a means in which one could extract the poison and help to heal the damage done to the shinobi's body in the process. Of course, it was a delicate matter, one that required someone who could not only perform the technique to remove the contents from his system, but also be able to act quickly in administering means to keep his vitals stable. At the very least, having a sample would allow for them to create an antidote in which to help as well.

She didn't know the technique, only having witnessed it once...and she feared attempting to do such an act without knowing all the factors involved. But she would only have so much time before she had to either hope that he could recover or simply take the risk.

Eyes closed, Miho would release a slow breath before then returned once more to her studies, her gaze looking into the room as she could hear the shallow breathing of the man dying only a few feet away from her.

"I have to figure this out...."
            tag || || notes || ||
Kaze has written 1,299 posts
The Art of Healing[Shodaime/Training]Jan 15, 2021 13:48:53 GMT -5
Hyūga Shodaime
I will protect everyone, no matter the cost!
Hyūga Shodaime Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 38 years old birthday 09/22 rank Jōnin occupation Head Medic
Shodaime was making her usual rounds at the hospital, checking in on patients and the medical nins helping patients. The same routine she had during her twenty years at the hospital. Not much seemed to change around here, always injured people coming in and out, people coming in for annual check-ups, the usual you would find in a hospital. As Head medic, it was her responsibility to help train the next generation of medical nin to help better serve the village as a whole. A medic was the most important member on any battlefield, they were the ones who held a squad together, the last one to die in battle, a noble cause for the betterment of the village as a whole. The medics were the last line of defense, a ninja to stay behind the others to help those who were injured to get them back in the fight. She had taken up this position to not only help herself, but to help the people of this village.

Continuing to make her way through the halls of the hospital, Shodaime would come upon Miho, entranced in reading a book. She noted the patient in room had also taken Miho's attention. Shodaime finally spoke up to get an update on the patient's condition.

"How is the condition of the poisoned patient?" She would inquire to Miho.
Shodaime has written 355 posts
The Art of Healing[Shodaime/Training]Jan 15, 2021 15:50:15 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday April 21st rank SP. Jounin occupation Medical Corps Head
The Art of Healing

The voice that seemed to reach was familiar enough to draw her attention, prompting the book to close as she bowed respectfully toward the Head Medic. Lady Shodaime was certainly a gifted physician, one who had gained much of the trust within the hospital. The fact that so many looked to her for guidance was one of the reasons for this, and her attention to everything that happened behind these walls. She had never seen someone who was so attentive to each and every one of their patients, even those not under her charge.

"Lady Shodaime..."

In recalling the question asked of her, Miho would brush her hair from over her face, a calm expression resting upon it as she shook her head.

"He's holding on...So far I've tracked the initial point of entry for the toxin and have been monitoring it's progress. It's shut down his pain receptors, begun weakening his lung compactivity, causing shortness of breath...I've never seen anything work so far...It's literally working it's way all through his nervous system, taking striking at organs..."

Crossing her arm across her chest, the dark haired female would narrow her eyes as she looked down for a moment.

"I know we need to extract it...so that an antidote can be made..but doing so could very well cause more harm and..I wouldn't be able to remove it and heal him at the same time...at best I'd kill him or his body would go into shock..."

tag || || notes || ||
The Art of Healing[Shodaime/Training]Jan 15, 2021 20:25:52 GMT -5
Hyūga Shodaime
Hyūga Shodaime Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Shodaime would bow her head respectfully towards Miho. Even after 10 years as Head medic, she was still not used to people bowing to her. Though she liked to bow to those she worked with and taught, she respected everyone in the hospital who took the time to help better provide for Konoha. Being a medic wasn't easy, but it was worthy cause to be apart of.

"I see, I do agree though, we need to extract the poison from him before it gets worse and his entire body shuts down."
Shodaime would as she placed her hand on her chin, thinking of the best way to extract the toxin from the patient's body. "We need to use Saikan Chūshutsu no Jutsu - [Delicate Illness Extraction Technique] in order to extract the toxins from his body. Even as a skilled medic, this ninjutsu is extremely difficult. It requires the utmost care to extract the toxins and requires precise incisions in order to correctly extract them." Shodaime would explain. It was risky, but it was the best shot of being able to extract the poisons and create an antidote. She was unsure if Miho even knew the technique she was talking about, she had been so busy lately at the hospital, that she hadn't found the time to teach the girl.
The Art of Healing[Shodaime/Training]Jan 15, 2021 20:59:51 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
The Art of Healing

"Oh! Yes! Those were my thoughts exactly Lady Shodaime!"

Pulling the book from beneath her arm, she'd expose the page in which she had been reading, her finger pointing toward the technique description as she held a calm expression.

"I was hoping to be able to learn the technique in order to proceed...sadly...I have yet to fully grasp it. My concern was by attempting it..I may cause more harm than good to the patient...not only that...alone..I might not be able to stabilize him the moment we removed the toxin. It is likely that the shock could just as well kill him as quickly as the poison..."

Miho had always been someone who was quick to learn something. Especially if it were on her own. While she probably should have gone to the woman sooner, a part of her felt ashamed that after so long into her training, she had not learned such a means of removing poisons such as this. Granted, she had found other means in which to handle such things, but with the patient's body already starting to shut down vital organs, any method that she could think of would only do more harm.

"If possible...would you be able to show me? I can support the patient once the task is done, that way he can at least have a fighting chance..."
            tag || || notes || ||
The Art of Healing[Shodaime/Training]Jan 15, 2021 22:47:27 GMT -5
Hyūga Shodaime
Hyūga Shodaime Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
"Sure, I'll show you, that's what I'm here for."

Shodaime was confident in her abilities to extract the toxins from the patient, but felt that Miho would have a better shot at learning it if she did it herself. Nonetheless, Shodaime would show Miho how to extract the poisons. Shodaime would grab the medical chart from the end of the patient's bed and begin to read. Reading this she would learn where the poison had entered the body of the patient and from there she would have an area to begin to work on. Before working though she would need some minor supplies, medicinal fluid, gloves to protect herself from touching the poison and a jar to hold the extracted toxins. it would only take her a couple minutes for her to grab the supplies needed for the procedure. Shodaime would perform five handseals and begin to form chakra to her right hand. Doing this would form a chakra scalpel in her hand, allowing her to precisely cut into the area where the poison had entered the patient's body.

She would then pour the medicinal fluid onto the newly form entrance she had cut and begin to push large amounts of the fluid into affected area using her chakra to have the fluid draw out the poisons. It was a tedious process, one that she needed to have complete focus and accurate precision to be able to extract the toxins from the person's body. Though she was focusing on the task at hand, she was still able to speak to Miho while performing the procedure.

"If you would like after we are done here, I could have you come to my office to help you try this yourself. I feel if you do this for yourself instead of just watching me, you would be able to grasp it better." She would say as she continued to extract more and more of the toxins from the person's body, placing the extracted toxins in a jar, to be used later to form an antidote.

SA Used:
Enhanced Chakra Control
Having been born into the Hyūga clan and trained in medical ninjutsu, Shodaime has shown to be proficient in controlling her chakra. Whether it be used in gentle fist techniques to disable opponents or in medical procedures to save a person's life, she's able to use her chakra more efficiently through this. Her ability to control and execute techniques with limited resources have proven to display an understanding of control over her own supply of internal energy and granted her the ability to make each strike count, knowing full well that it might be her last attempt at making an impact against a pressing opponent.

Adept Medical Training
Every since her accident in her first Chunin Exams, Shodaime had made a commitment to become proficient in medical techniques. Not only to help herself from getting harmed in battle, but to help everyone who needs it. This knowledge allows her to use many medical ninjutsu and techniques effectively that can save lives on and off the field of battle. Though she may have been training in the field for about 20 years, there are still things she has to learn to become even better.

Jutsu Used:

NAME: Chakura no Mesu - [Chakra Scalpel]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low [Continuous]
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [Medical]
REQUIREMENT: Enhanced Chakra Control
ELEMENT: N/a
HANDSEALS: 5
DESCRIPTION:
After forming the needed handseals, the ninja will focus chakra to his or her hands. When his or her charged hands reach the body of the target, the user can use it as a normal scalpel or even extend the chakra internally into the target's body to cut and neatly slice the target's muscles and blood vessels without harming the surface skin. This technique can be used in battle, but because of its hectic nature, the fine precision required for an instant kill is not feasible. Damage can still be done to the vital organs, but the technique should be used carefully in battle.

NAME: Saikan Chūshutsu no Jutsu - [Delicate Illness Extraction Technique]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium [Low Continuous]
REQUIREMENTS: Enhanced Chakra Control & Medical Training SAs
DESCRIPTION:
When a person has been afflicted by a pathogen or toxin, this medical ninjutsu can be used to draw out the agent and heal the damage. The cause of the illness is first determined by perceiving disturbances in the patient's chakra. Then, using a chakra scalpel, an incision is made near the affected part. Using their chakra, the medical-nin pushes a large volume of a medicinal fluid through the incision. The fluid then draws the poison out of the affected part(s) and serves as a medium through which the poison is suspended and then forced out of the person's body. This technique thus removes the poison, while simultaneously repairing the damage caused by the poison. The process itself is extremely painful and requires the subject be restrained in order for the process to work.

After the agent is drawn out, it can be used to create an antidote or medicine after it has been analysed. This can then be given to the patient to ensure a complete recovery. This technique requires the utmost care and ability in diagnosis, incising and unmatched chakra control. Therefore, it is considered an extremely difficult technique, even among medical ninjutsu.
The Art of Healing[Shodaime/Training]Jan 16, 2021 13:17:36 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
The Art of Healing

It was rare when you were able to see a professional at work, and while Miho thought that she herself was a decent if not capable medic, it was truly not to the degree of what she was witnessing from Shodaime. Each of her movements appeared to happen without much thought, having moved on from preparation to the act of execution within moments. Summoning chakra with minimal effort, she'd form it into a tool of precision, a scalpel of her own energy, before seamlessly cutting into the area in which had been the entry point for the toxin.

Miho would remain by the patient's side, seemingly helping to keep the young man at ease as his body seemed to remain still. It was unlikely that he would even feel any of this, his ability to feel pain having been numbed by the poison itself, though his breathing was still raspy at best. Still, watching the older female work was quite the experience, as she extracted the poison from the cut, having already injected the medical liquid within the site as to contain it.

So lost was she in viewing this that she nearly missed the suggestion that after they had finished here for Miho to work with the Head Medic in learning this technique herself.

"I...I would like that...Thank you Lady Shodaime..."

With a blank expression, the young female would look over the jarred contents, her expression narrowed as the liquid holding the blackened mass seemed almost as if it were an entity.

"I can't say that I am familiar with this kind of poison...even with a closer look..."
            tag || || notes || ||
The Art of Healing[Shodaime/Training]Jan 16, 2021 15:15:46 GMT -5
Hyūga Shodaime
Hyūga Shodaime Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
"I'm not entirely sure what kind of poison this is. I've worked with so many different kinds before and this one is alluding me." Shodaime would say as she observed the blackened mass in the jar. It was unlike anything she had seen before. What a puzzling piece of poison. If there was a new form of poison being used out in the field then many people were at danger to being affected by it.

"We need to make an antidote for this poison quickly, if this is a new form of toxin, then a lot of people are at risk of being affected by it. I'll send this up to the lab to get a proper analysis of this poison. We need to be prepared for what it can do."
She would explain to Miho as she closed the lid on the jar of poisoned mass. She was sure they would be able to concoct an antidote for this toxin and that the patient would be fine. She was just concerned that there was a poison she had never seen before. The Shinobi world was always a changing one, it made sense that the poisons would evolve along with the rest of the world. It was a challenge, but it made the work of a medic even more fun.
The Art of Healing[Shodaime/Training]Jan 16, 2021 15:35:03 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
The Art of Healing

"Right away ma'am..."

Miho would easily be able to find a nurse within the hallway, bringing them into the room as they would explain the situation and allow for them to take the contents within the jar up to be analyzed and hopefully find the solution in which to deal with it's extreme causes. It was surprising that Shodaime had not seen anything like this before, considering her experience. Of course, Miho had no idea what this was either, prompting her to move back into the room as they began to work toward prepping the patient for the hopeful cure.

Taking the time to address the entry point, she'd find herself examining it once more as she cupped one hand beneath her face as she then thought out loud.

"Perhaps the origin of the attack might be key to figuring this all out. If it isn't something from Hi no Kuni, it would be no mystery as to why it would be a foreign substance..."

Still thinking on this, the female would then place two fingers upon the man's forehead, creating a 3-D image of his body as she began to look. The show of his internal organs presented the scenario in which the medic had already known. Though the progress was still slow, his body was indeed shutting down. So long as his heart remained beating, they had time. But eventually this toxin would reach his brain and that would make things much more complicated.

"I wish had gotten more time to discuss where this even happened...His team was based somewhere close to the border and that was all I had learned from him before he fell into unconsciousness.."

It was her hope that maybe she might be able to pick up something that might show some form of material, perhaps a symptom or residue that could be linked to something that was at the very least close to that range of location.

"The border could mean between the Land of Rain or Rice or even Kaze no Kuni..."

tag || || notes || ||
The Art of Healing[Shodaime/Training]Jan 16, 2021 18:56:45 GMT -5
Hyūga Shodaime
Hyūga Shodaime Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
"That's a lot of land to cover, the toxin could've come from any of those countries. We should focus on which countries aren't exactly friendly with Konohagakure and judging from the countries you listed the only one who isn't our ally is Amegakure."Shodaime would deduce. It made sense though, Amegakure was the most technologically advanced village out of every country in the world.

"They are the most technologically advanced meaning they would have the means to concoct a poison that most people in the world wouldn't have seen." Shodaime would continue to explain. "I hope that there are some similarities to previously seen poisons, so we are able to make the antidote, if not I'm afraid our patient may not be able to make it." Shodaime was concerned, she thought she knew everything about poisons and what counteracts them but with this new toxin, she felt like she was still a genin.

She promised to protect everyone no matter the cost, but if she failed what would her Nindo meaning anymore? She couldn't go back on her word, she had to make sure that patient pulled through.

"It'll be a challenge to get this antidote made, but I know we can do this, together."
last edit by Hyūga Shodaime on Jan 16, 2021 18:57:00 GMT -5
The Art of Healing[Shodaime/Training]Jan 18, 2021 11:53:40 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
The Art of Healing

It would be a safe assumption to believe that an enemy nation would be responsible for the contents of this poison. Amegakure was technologically more advanced than most nations, so them coming up with something like this was a possibility. In the end, they had to work with such an idea if they were going to get anywhere with this. That in mind, Miho would reel her hand back, allowing the visual to vanish as she looked toward Lady Shodaime with a blank expression.

"It's constant rain could be a possible source for the poison. It's industrialized environment perhaps created from it's fumes might be a clue..."

There was a good chance that maybe that was indeed where they needed to look, though it was only a guess as it was based on the idea that perhaps pollution was the key factor here. As Miho considered this, she'd then hold a calm expression as she soon see another nurse appear from the side, her expression showing that of shock as she gestured for the older medic to come.

"Lady Shodaime...we another case similar to this one...the symptoms are exactly the same..."

Miho would cover her mouth for a moment, blinking as she questioned if it was another member of their patient's unit.

"This is getting worse before better..."

tag || || notes || ||
The Art of Healing[Shodaime/Training]Jan 18, 2021 12:21:50 GMT -5
Hyūga Shodaime
Hyūga Shodaime Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
"Another case with the same symptoms? This is what I was afraid of, it's beginning to affect more and more people." She was concerned, rightfully so. If more and more shinobi put themselves at risk of this toxin then Konoha's entire shinobi population would be infected by it. She knew that she'd possibly need to get a sample from the areas in Amegakure, but there was no way she would be able to leave the hospital, not with continued cases of people being infected with the toxin.

"I'm going to need a sample from the areas in Amegakure, it might help us better understand this toxin. But, we can't leave here, especially if these cases continue to come in. We need to send word to our Lady Hokage to send someone to Amegakure to collect the samples for us. Hopefully this will give us a better understanding of the toxins we're dealing with."

She was concerned for the safety of the people of Konohagakure. she couldn't let more and more people get infected by this toxin.

"Miho, do you think you would be able to extract the poison from the patient and stabilize them? If you're concerned about not being able to do it, I'm here to help you if needed." She knew it was a lot to throw on the girl, having hoped to have more time to practice in a controlled environment rather than one that was life or death.
The Art of Healing[Shodaime/Training]Jan 18, 2021 12:55:08 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
The Art of Healing

There was certainly something about having a clear head in a critical situation. While it was apparent that this toxin was perhaps starting to hit those within the area of it's exposure, there was still only one point in which they could assume was the epicenter for it's origins. Amegakure was that point. As Shodaime instructed for the nurse to send word of collecting samples from areas within Amegakure, it appeared that they would have their work cut out for them. Not to mention that if they continued to gain more cases, any and all intelligence on the toxin would be vital.

Still, with the word now getting out for the need of the Head medic, the older female would then look toward Miho and ask if she could extract the poison from their recent arrival and stabilize them. There was a moment of pause, as the dark haired female thought of this request, considering what she knew of the technique and what she had witnessed from Lady Shodaime's display of it. It was a tall ask that she have it now to the point that she could execute it herself, but right now was not the time for her to back down from a challenge.

"I believe so...I'll make my way over to the patient and begin the extraction...."

That say, Miho would make her way toward the room, her eyes narrowed as she released a breath to calm her own nerves down. She honestly wished that she had been able to practice with the Head Medic, but now it seemed that a Trial by Fire was no other way of doing so.
            tag || || notes || ||
last edit by Senju Miho on Jan 18, 2021 12:55:55 GMT -5
The Art of Healing[Shodaime/Training]Jan 18, 2021 14:12:13 GMT -5
Hyūga Shodaime
Hyūga Shodaime Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Shodaime knew that Miho was nervous extracting the poison from the patient on her own. She had only seen her do it once, but Shodaime had confidence that Miho would be able to do it. She had observed her medical abilities at the hospital, ever since she had joined the medical corps. She was a fast learner, meaning she would be able to pull it off. If she wasn't confident enough, Shodaime was there, observing her work on the patient, willing to intervene if needed. She would leave the room to acquire some supplies for Miho that she would need for the procedure, gloves, medicinal fluids and another jar to put the extracted poisons.

Shodaime had hoped that they would be able to find an antidote for the toxins. Hopefully the party they sent to Amegakure to obtain some samples would return shortly, she wanted to get this antidote done quickly just so these patients were able to survive another day. Shodaime would return the room Miho was in and place the supplies she needed on the table to the side of the patient's bed. She would remain in the room, observing Miho as she would begin the procedure.

"I'll be right here if you need me. Take your time." Shodaime would say as she crossed her arms, observing the work being done.
The Art of Healing[Shodaime/Training]Jan 18, 2021 14:33:48 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
The Art of Healing

Miho would look down at the young man upon the patient's table, his breathing ragged, much like his teammates when he had first arrived. It had been startling then when she was first unable to figure out what had been the cause, but upon learning it, she worked quickly to try and figure out just what was wrong with him. Knowing that it was poison, the female had to look for the place of the original injection, this time at the neck.

As she took in a slow breath, she'd hear the sound of movement coming up beside her, prompting her to look and see Lady Shodaime now within the room. Having gathered the supplies that she would need, the older female would state how she'd be there to aid her if required, giving some assurance to her mind that there was at least a safety net.

Noting the entry point, Miho would begin to gather chakra into her hand after performing the nesscary hand seals so it could act as a scalpel. She had to be careful not to hit any vital blood vessels, otherwise she might do more harm than good. She imagined the patient would feel this, unlike when Shodaime worked upon the unconscious man in the other room. Still, It would take very little for Miho to restrain him.

"Okay...I need you to lie as still as possible...it is going to hurt, but I will try and be a swift as possible...do you understand?"

Hearing her words, the man would nod, pain still striking at him as he soon yelled out the moment the medic made her incision. The frantic movement came swiftly, yet Miho used her applied strength to hold him still, her eyes narrowed as she kept her palm upon the center of his chest. Shaking and bouncing inches off the ground, the shinobi was almost in a frenzy as he was cut.

S.A. Used
Enhanced Chakra Control
Training within the land of Snakes has given more than just experience in Senjutsu, it as also taught her precise control over her chakra and it's supply available to her in exact moments of need. Though she never fully mastered Senjutsu, her ability to control and execute techniques with limited resources have proven to display an understanding of control over her own supply of internal energy and granted her the ability to make each strike count, knowing full well that it might be her last attempt at making an impact against a pressing opponent.

Adept Medical Training
Since her return to Konohagakure, Miho has taken upon a new role within the village and has done her best to live up to the example set by her former teacher. With nearly over three years of medical training, Miho has become a capable physician within the village, adapting to the path of helping to create a healthy and safe village. This knowledge allows for her to use many medical ninjutsu and techniques effectively that can save lives on and off the battle field, and it only appears that she has scratched the surface of just what she can do in the future. In some causes, she can come up with various versions of these jutsus, improving upon them to make them just as effective when on the field.

Jutsu Used
NAME: Chakura Gouriki [Chakra Enhanced Strength]
OWNERS: ADACHI MIHO | WARUICHI ASUKA | MUGEN KAZUYO
TRAINED: -- | -- | --
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Medical Ninjutsu / Taijutsu
REQUIREMENT: High Chakra Control SA
Medic or Tai Primary
CES Jutsu
DESCRIPTION:
This is a technique where the user focuses chakra into their hands and feet using precise chakra control and releases it with pinpoint timing, which greatly enhances their strength. This increased strength gives the user enough strength to easily make gigantic craters or kill opponents with single strikes.

NAME: Chakura no Mesu - [Chakra Scalpel]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low [Continuous]
REQUIREMENT: Enhanced Chakra Control
HANDSEALS: 5
DESCRIPTION:
After forming the needed handseals, the ninja will focus chakra to his or her hands. When his or her charged hands reach the body of the target, the user can use it as a normal scalpel or even extend the chakra internally into the target's body to cut and neatly slice the target's muscles and blood vessels without harming the surface skin. This technique can be used in battle, but because of its hectic nature, the fine precision required for an instant kill is not feasible. Damage can still be done to the vital organs, but the technique should be used carefully in battle.
            tag || || notes || ||