---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
W
ith the date of the next Chuunin Exams finally announced, Shuka was eager to see the young shinobi of her village increase their training, preparing for their performances on the great military stage. By all technicalities, each individual who would be participating in the event from her nation would need her permission. She would travel with them to Kusagakure to partake in the event and watch as her students hopefully succeeded in proving their skill on the battlefield.

It was always an interesting event to see. On the one hand, it was a good means of testing the skills of young shinobi. On the other, it was a political investigation field. If a nation's shinobi all performed poorly, it would indicate that their state was probably in decline. All the more reason for Shuka to engage in some stricter training than usual.

To that end, she decided to pay a visit to Shizuha. She had expressed interest in participating in this year's exams, so Shuka wanted to do her best to ensure she was ready. She made a summons for Shizuha and then met her in Castle Black, at the shinobi's primary training grounds.

"Good afternoon Shizuha," she greeted. "Thank you for arriving in a timely manner. I wanted to discuss with you your preparations for the Chuunin Exams."
ISHY of THQ & ADOXOGRAPHY
has written 436 posts
ice mirage - [shizuha]Apr 5, 2021 18:30:56 GMT -5
Yuki Shizuha
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Yuki Shizuha Avatar
groupnull
age 17 years old birthday 01/11 rank Adv. Genin occupation 1st Genin Team
Ice is as cold as your heart once you face the fury of me.
After finishing up her chores at home before her father got home, Shizuha would bundle up and started to head out to the Castle Black. It was the one place she truly remembered from the academy and this time she’ll be request by the Lady herself. Although the young Yuki was getting ready for the Chuunin exams there was no doubt that her Grandmother was wanting to help prep her grandchild as well.

After approaching the castle the first thing she heard after the greeting was about the Chuunin Exams. It wasn’t a surprised. Shuka want’s to make sure her young Genin were ready and understand that they represent their village. But today was different. No one comes here unless they plan on training.

"Hello Lady Shuka. Sorry I’m a little late. Dad wanted me to finish cleaning the house before he got home.”

Shizuha didn’t like doing her chores but she also doesn’t like upsetting her father. "May I ask why you decided to summon me here this afternoon? I know the Exam’s is coming up so I’m assuming you’re wanting to go over some things while we have the time.”

Shizuha didn’t mind all the attention as this is a huge event for many shinobi as they go through the ranks. It was only a matter of time where she’ll go though that path as well.

Notes go here

Kotori has written 137 posts
ice mirage - [shizuha]Apr 6, 2021 21:08:50 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
If the world is cold, make it your business to build fires
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age birthday rank occupation
Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
S
uch a homey excuse. Shuka couldn't bring herself to mind it. She worked at Castle Black anyways, so it was not as though Shizuha being a few minutes late actually inconvenienced her in any way. It just meant she would have to work Shizuha a little longer and push her to practice as much as she could in this brief time they had together. What she wished to do today was to help Shizuha learn how to practice genjutsu. Having a broad range of abilities was very important to being versatile in the field. Of course, most of the genjutsu she knew were far too high rank for Shizuha. She was going to have to do some experimenting with lower tier genjutsu today.

"I am wanting to help you with some of your training," she agreed, nodding slightly. "As the Chuunin Exams are approaching, I think it is significantly important to began preparing you for the event. The Chuunin Exams are one of the most difficult challenges many young shinobi will ever face. The vast majority of participants fail, even after multiple attempts. I want to give you your best possible chance of succeeding. That was why I wanted to ask... What jutsu have you been practicing recently? How is your variety?"
has written 436 posts
ice mirage - [shizuha]Apr 7, 2021 2:11:47 GMT -5
Yuki Shizuha
Yuki Shizuha Avatar
groupnull
Shizuha thought about it real quick. She’s been prioritizing in a lot of her techniques but if she as to guess it has to be White Tree. It seemed like the one that has been very useful for her so far in missions. As for variety with her ninjutsu she’s been switching between a couple of other techniques with them.

"On I’ve been using White Tree a lot. It seems to be getting me though the missions very nicely. As for variety. I do use other techniques in between when I see them fitting in well.”
She said to the Lady.

She was curious about learning genjutsu though. It’s suppose to be a technique that involves with compete control in the person’s chakra. And she’s been practicing controlling her chakra lately so this should be something good for her in the long run.

"Why do you ask about the technique I use? If this is about genjutsu I don’t see why ninjutsu is necessary at this time.” She seemed confused on why Granny Shuka asked that question. It’s not like she was doing any other type of techniques besides her standard ones she uses all the time. But for now she just waited and hear what Lady Shuka has to offer her.

Notes go here

ice mirage - [shizuha]Apr 9, 2021 13:51:33 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
S
he asked because variety related not just to the variety of ninjutsu she knew and utilized, but also her broader application of various techniques. It was the reason that higher ranking shinobi had to be more familiar with a wider range of styles- a strong shinobi was someone who could somewhat cover their own bases. Having different jutsu types in your repertoire was important to handling a harsh fight.

"I asked because I wanted to see if you were branching out in your abilities. Studying what you're good at makes sense, as ninjutsu is your strong suit, but you also need to learn some techniques from your weaker areas," she explained. Shizuha was no genjutsu expert, but that was alright.

"I thought that today, I could teach you a genjutsu technique that might prove helpful in a fight. Most of the genjutsu I know are relatively complicated, so I am going to learn a simple one alongside you," she explained. It had worked out well the last time she learned a technique with Shizuha, so she thought this teaching method might be best to try again.

"Today we are going to learn Keizokuteki Enmu no Jutsu," she said. "But first, do you understand how genjutsu works? Tell me what you know about genjutsu." It was important to make certain she had her fundamentals down.

has written 436 posts
ice mirage - [shizuha]Apr 9, 2021 18:07:56 GMT -5
Yuki Shizuha
Yuki Shizuha Avatar
groupnull
Shizuiha got the answer she was looking for. The only thing now is how much does she really know about Genjutsu. There’re many things that bring out genjutsu but it’s also hard to control.

"Genjutsu is a technique that is effecting your mental state which involves with mostly low chakra cost and have triggers between the 5 senses. Hearing, Seeing, Tasting, Feeling, ect.” She said before continuing after a brief pause. "Genjutsu is hard to break out of unless you know another technique called Kai or just simply just hurting yourself enough to break out of it.” She added on to her last explanation.

Shizuha was very knowledgeable when it came down to the basics of each style of fighting but didn’t find the strength to focus on another besides Ninjutsu. But today she was excited to learn something along the signs of genjutsu as it involves with a lot of chakra control which she’s been getting better at.

Although with no experience with genjutsu this might make her interested slightly to learn more about it if she likes it. "Granny Shuka. Is there anything else I’m missing, or did I hit it out of the ballpark?” She smiled as she waited for Shuka to respond back.

Notes go here

ice mirage - [shizuha]Apr 9, 2021 18:35:07 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
T
he answer given was a rather satisfying one, going into enough detail that Shuka was confident that Shizuha would be able to understand what they were doing. Shuka nodded and said,

"I think that was a good answer. It seems that you retained all the lessons from your academy days very well. Good job," she praised. With the encouraging compliments out of the way, though, it was time to begin the actual process of learning the jutsu.

"Let's get started on our lesson, now. This is a technique meant to mimic one of the secret techniques of one of our allied villages. Instead of actually creating any mist, we simply trick the mind into believing mist is there. To start with, you have to utilize the trigger phrase. For this technique, it is merely the name. If you speak Continuous Fog Technique, that will be how you activate it," Shuka said.

"Speaking alone isn't enough to cause the effect, however. You need to lace your voice with chakra," she said. "When we speak, we produce sound waves. We want to lock chakra between those so that when it hits our opponent's ear, the chakra enters their body and begins to influence their perception. So start by saying Continuous Fog Technique and trying to push your chakra up into your throat at the same time."

has written 436 posts
ice mirage - [shizuha]Apr 14, 2021 3:29:11 GMT -5
Yuki Shizuha
Yuki Shizuha Avatar
groupnull
Shizuha watched and listen to Granny Shuka. Everything she was talking about seemed to be simple but actually doing it was another story. She’s not sure how to really force chakra out of her mouth into words. It’s nothing like any of the ninjutsu that their clan offers. She raised her hand as like she was in class. "How would you proceed to get chakra into your mouth as your say the words?”
She wasn’t sure how to really do it. As it is simple enough to move chakra to her mouth to perform a technique but to implement them into words is something she’s not familiar with at all.

Although she waited for Shuka’s response she did attempt it once. Performing fake hand signs before building up chakra to her mouth. With that though she would say ‘Continuous Fog Technique’ but doesn’t seem like anything happen. Either that or it didn’t effect Shuka at all.

Although it was something new to her she didn’t find it irritating that she wasn’t able to perform the technique right away. It was normal for someone that doesn’t specialize in the technique to have a knack of doing the technique already. For that though she was going to be patient and listen to what Granny Shuka has to tell her and perform it once more.

Notes go here

last edit by Yuki Shizuha on Apr 14, 2021 3:29:51 GMT -5
ice mirage - [shizuha]Aug 26, 2021 13:15:29 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
T
rying to engage with genjutsu for the first time was something that a lot of students found complicated. It was much more theoretical than a lot of the other branches of techniques. Everything else was rather physical. You performed an attack, created an element, sealed something in a location. Genjutsu was something almost invisible. It appeared outside your control and while it was in effect, you couldn't see if yourself. It was something very reliant on the imagination, the formulation of the human mind. She tried to recall the lessons of her youth, to see if she could think of a reasonable way to explain. She had taken to it naturally, so detailing could be difficult.

In demonstration, she raised her hand to her throat. "Place your hand here and speak. Can you feel that vibration? That is where your vocal cords live. They help you make sound. When you attempt a genjutsu, you want to bring your chakra up into your vocal cords. So keep your hand there for a moment and practice that. Breathe slowly and raise the chakra up, up, until you can hear it thrumming in your throat when you talk." She would allow Shizuha a moment to attempt to conceptualize that. "After you've done that, what you want to do is feel how your voice vibrates when you speak. Every time you make a sound, you want to send a pulse of chakra with it. Follow the sound out of your throat and connect your chakra to it. Sound is physical. It's just like tying a technique to a shuriken."

has written 436 posts
ice mirage - [shizuha]Aug 31, 2021 13:55:00 GMT -5
Yuki Shizuha
Yuki Shizuha Avatar
groupnull
As Granny Shuka started to explain to her. Shizuha would listen very closely as well as follow along with what she’s instructing. Feeling her vocal cords was one thing but the thing she heard next was to focus chakra there. Something that sounds so simple was actually quite challenging. Although she was listening to Lady Shuka talk she started to gather chakra in her throat.

Noding to what she asked so she can prepare to perform the technique. But before proceeding to perform she would focus on her breathing while feeling the vibration in her throat as more chakra kept piling in her throat.

While responding to Granny Shuka though she would release chakra with it controlling how much she uses between how many words she uses.

"Granny Shuka. I think I got a handle of distributing my chakra throughout the words I speak. I’m needing to say Continuous Fog Technique?”

While saying all that she was releasing the chakra hoping that it would activate the technique. Although she was still learning she wasn’t sure if it was activated or not.

"Did anything happen Granny Shuka?”

It’s different to detect being under a genjutsu but for someone that’s never perform it before to know if said one person is under it is another story. The only thing she can do now is wait to see.

Notes go here

ice mirage - [shizuha]Oct 17, 2021 17:28:47 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
H
earing the trigger words of the technique posited as a kind of question was a bit amusing. Still, all that mattered was the speaking of the words. The way that genjutsu worked was that it played on sensory experiences and used chakra to chain them together. The sound waves of the words echoed into the mind and activated the areas of the brain that would perceive a congruous experience. It was the same for techniques where a bell tolled, or a blade glinted. The mind expected, prepared for, certain things after receiving a particular sensory input and genjutsu preyed upon that expectation, forcing the mind to witness and feel what it previously only thought.

That being said, Shizuha's practiced technique did succeed. Shuka watched as a fog spilled forth, a fake mist. Being aware that it was a technique being used would almost make it marginally less effective, but it did not stop her from perceiving it. That was one of the fun things about genjutsu. Shinobi only have so much control over their mind. Even knowing that a genjutsu was about to go into effect was not always enough to stop it from working upon you.

"It did," she said. "Good job. Yes, you've done very good. I'm proud of you," she praised. "My only advice would be to sound more certain when you say it. You want it to sound like you're really casting the jutsu. If you hesitate, your opponent might not be very convinced."

has written 436 posts
ice mirage - [shizuha]Oct 22, 2021 11:21:04 GMT -5
Yuki Shizuha
Yuki Shizuha Avatar
groupnull
Hearing Granny Shuka mention that the genjutsu worked on her was quite amazing. She wasn’t expecting it to work at the slightest. But at the same time she wasn’t expecting herself really using much of genjutsu unless she absolutely needs to. For the most part she wants to try and learn little bit of everything so she’s prepared for any situation.

"Hey Granny Shuka… I remember while in the academy that you normally don’t want to use the same genjutsu against the same person multiple of times. Which makes sense considering that once you’ve seen a technique once you can pretty much predict on what will happen the second time. But this technique isn’t much and even capturing the person into the genjutsu doesn’t really make things any better at trying to defeat them. I’m assuming this is more along the lines of retreating or sneaking around without having to engage?”

She wasn’t quite sure about what’s the point with some techniques especially with genjutsu. Sometime it’s better to not engage if not needed. Now obviously if the other person catches on and figures it out then that’s another issue. It didn’t bother her though, Shizuha was pretty confident with her arsenal of technique she already knew. It was how much she can use them is what she’s more worried about.

Notes go here

ice mirage - [shizuha]Nov 5, 2021 19:39:50 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
A
sking strategic questions. That was always the sign of a good budding shinobi. She not only knew about the possible dangers of reusing a jutsu, but also knew to ask when to properly utilize this one in a combat scenario.

"A very good question," she praised again, encouraging. She wanted Shizuha to always ask questions like that. "You're exactly right. The idea behind this jutsu is to prevent them from realizing you're not actually utilizing the real technique for as long as possible. As long as they don't realize it's fake, you can technically reuse this jutsu as much as you want. It makes for good cover and allows you to have time to hide and work on your next attack, or flee and get away before they can get sights on you again," she agreed. There were always multiple ways to use a technique, however. She would describe a few more ideas.

"The other thing it does is confuse the shinobi about your origin. If you use this, they'll think you're from Kirigakure. If they think you're a member of the Yuki clan from across the ocean, they'll likely be expecting different jutsu from you than the ones you actually have. It's a good way to confuse the enemy and throw them off. The way I would personally use the jutsu is much more aggressive. When you're hidden in the false mist, the enemy can't see your hand seals or your location. It's the perfect time to set up your next attack."

has written 436 posts
ice mirage - [shizuha]Nov 13, 2021 10:50:38 GMT -5
Yuki Shizuha
Yuki Shizuha Avatar
groupnull
Although there was a lot of information coming at her on how the technique, she was learning works. It was interesting to see what one little technique could do to a person to help benefit you while in combat.

Most of the time she would just find a way to blast her way through her opponents with her Ice release but obviously. If she passes the exams. She’s going have to start thinking more ahead and less just using a lot of chakra to compete against the opponent.

Although she already has a mind set for strategy. To keep up with other Genin. It seems like you have to exhaust more chakra just to defeat them which was another question she had.

"So, you mention a lot of good examples but what about other Genin? Like what could I do to distract them or find a way for them to not be able to see me?”

Shiuzha does have one of the clan’s abilities but it does use up water to perform it. She does want to try and conserve having to use water since majority of her combat will be used out of water.

"I’m wanting to try and start thinking around what’s in front of me. I don’t want to just plaster my chakra all in one area and then run out of it before the end of the fight. I figured you might be able to give me some solutions in this kind of situation.”

She was sure that this is still training considering she’s planning her strategy ahead of time before actually performing it as she might have to change it as the time goes.

WC: 279

Notes go here

ice mirage - [shizuha]Nov 13, 2021 21:16:43 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
O
ther Genin... It would largely depend, she thought. It was difficult to truly describe. Genin would largely be less experienced, have gone into less danger, but there were many who would be older than her, or younger than her. Ones who had been on more or fewer missions. How to fool them would largely depend on the individual at play. That was one of the most important skills to learn as a shinobi - how to read your opponent, how to figure out how to best counter them. It did not matter how strong one was if they couldn't think strategically. That was why it was good she was asking. It showed some aptitude.

"There will be no generic way to trick your fellow genin, the same way they won't always be able to fool you," she explained. "Your best option is to not utilize your techniques too early. You want to conserve your stronger ones while you work out what they can do. Analyze your opponent and see how they behave. If they're impulsive and quick to act, you'll want to lay traps for them. If they're patient and cautious, play on that paranoia and move in before they have time to consider their actions," she said.

"Let's discuss both situations with this jutsu. Let's imagine that you're against an impulsive opponent. You might first lay this jutsu to hide where you are. Then you can use a clone to bait them. If they're impulsive, they might move in to try to attack your clone in the fog, then you can attack them with a stronger jutsu that you've prepared under cover. If they're cautious and patient, they probably won't fall for that kind of thing. You won't be able to bait them into coming into the mist. But that does mean they'll be more likely to wait around as you set things up. Then you can overwhelm them with a heavy wave of attacks. Just don't get impatient yourself."

has written 436 posts