Hit Paws

compose a reply
Hit PawsApr 23, 2021 15:04:58 GMT -5
raimaa futago
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
raimaa futago Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 30 years old birthday 13/10 rank Jounin occupation Being Awesome
The guards of Yukigakure were in for a treat today. As, one defined treat, anyway. For their monotony was broken by a man-sized cat walking up to the gate. He had snow-covered and incisors that jutted out of his lips, giving him an intimidating appearance. Clearly not a wild animal, he neither skulked nor prowled, but confidentially walked up to the gate and looked directly at the guard.

"Greetings, Guard Man. I wish to meet with your high boss as soon as possible" he requested, a deep and rumbling voice like an avalanche had just grown vocal cords. The giant cat creature seemed angry, if the look on his face was anything to go off....
Lilly has written 887 posts
Hit PawsNov 19, 2021 11:26:59 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
If the world is cold, make it your business to build fires
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age birthday rank occupation
Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
NPC
Gate Guard
WORDS
-
-
-
G
uarding the gates was an interesting position - depending on the day, it could be the most chaotic job in the world, or the most bland of them all. Who came through mattered greatly. Was it all merchants and diplomats, nobles and stuffy, boring, travelers? Or was it rowdy ex-mercenaries, attempted break-ins, and... giant cats.

Giant cats?

Today it was giant cats.

Well, one giant cat. Singular, not plural, luckily.

The addressed guard looked at the man-cat with slightly wide eyes, clearly confused and concerned. A man-sized cat was hardly the weirdest thing he had ever seen. Still, it was odd enough to give him pause, make him look to his fellow guard as if asking 'is this a prank?'

"Lady 5th of Yukigakure resides in the castle of black ice," he informed the man-cat. "And she does not take surprise visits from strangers."
ISHY of THQ & ADOXOGRAPHY

has written 436 posts
Hit PawsNov 19, 2021 11:37:27 GMT -5
raimaa futago
raimaa futago Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi

"Fifth? Hmmm" the cat rumbled. He had expected as much, though it was troubling to know Saya and her successor had gone since his last arrival. Though he would grin - as much as a cat could grin - at the second part of the sentance.

"I am in luck then. For this is neither a surprise, and I shall not be a stranger once introduced. I am Shineko, The Iron Giant, Lord of Azumi Glade" Shineko would then sit on the snow, blasting a small snowstorm as his bulk dropped onto the powder. "I can wait for introduction, as humans move at a different pace to Cats, though I require a meeting, as soon as possible"
last edit by raimaa futago on Nov 19, 2021 11:38:31 GMT -5
Hit PawsNov 19, 2021 12:01:29 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
NPC
Gate Guard
WORDS
-
-
-
T
he guards looked between one another again, both confused. Neither had previously met the great cat, so they had no context for this strange situation. Though both were sure, still, that this was some manner of prank, they convened to work on something. They sent word to the Black Ice Castle and, to their immeasurable surprise, they were granted permission to send Shineko to visit.

Still perplexed, the guards directed the boss cat to climb aboard a train car. The only way into the Black Ice Castle was via rail, and their meeting would have to be organized as such.

When Shineko arrived to the castle, he would soon be greeted by the presence of the 5th lady.

Shuka had never had someone's summon come to organize a meeting with her before. She had heard talk from Raimaa, from time to time, of Shineko. This was sure to be a strange situation.

"Greetings," she would say. "May I ask what brings you here?"

has written 436 posts
Hit PawsNov 19, 2021 12:17:06 GMT -5
raimaa futago
raimaa futago Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Squeezing into the train designed for a being half as wide as Shineko was an endevour, but eventually they managed it, and he sat patiently, waiting for the machine to finish it's duties. There was a smell of a cat in here. Or...someone who thought themselves a cat, it made a difference after all...But still, he could not understand that, and simply waited.

Squeezing out after it came to an end, he would nod to the Lady and take a seat once again.
"Greetings, lady Fifth" the cat rumbled. "I come, worried. Raimaa has been silent for many months now, and yet she is not dead. As any who knows that woman, she does not do quiet. And so I find myself deeply worried that something gravely amiss has happened to her. Cats look after their own, and so I came here to get to the bottom of this"
Hit PawsNov 21, 2021 2:45:27 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
NPC
-
WORDS
-
-
-
V
isiting out of concern for one Raimaa Futago. That was not exactly surprising, considering the fact that the two had forged a contract and therefor shared a certain mutual respect. He was right that Raimaa was not one who did quiet. If anyone noted her suddenly falling silent or not being her usual boisterous self, it was only natural that they would become concerned for her.

"A reasonable journey to make. Can you tell me what you mean by quiet?" Shuka's guess would be the general failure to summon him. Raimaa did not currently have access to her chakra and so would not have been performing the summoning jutsu. If that was the case, it had probably been quite a long time indeed since the two had seen each other. Was this his first visit out since that seal had been placed upon her?

has written 436 posts
Hit PawsNov 21, 2021 5:01:24 GMT -5
raimaa futago
raimaa futago Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
"There have been no summoning calls for a long time now. At first, there was not a problem. One does not call the Boss on a whim, and while Raimaa was far more open with summoning than my predecessor's contracted, it was not every day. And then months passed. And still nothing.

The last time there was such silence was when her Village betrayed her and broke her heart. She left for the north to try and escape the ghosts in her heart and head. I was deeply afeared that something equally as negative was going to happen here. And that is thrice as bad, since she loves Yukigakure without all the negative baggage she had back in Kusagakure, even before the betrayal"

He would shake his mane and then make an exclaimed noise.
"Bah! But look at me, bothering away out in the cold. Come, the old must be cared for in the twilight years. Nestle into my fur, it is most warm"
Hit PawsNov 25, 2021 21:47:15 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
NPC
-
WORDS
-
-
-
W
hile the offer was, in theory, polite, it was not one she was particularly inclined to take. She may have been 'in her twilight years,' but she was far from a frail elder.

"I assure you I am alright. I am a member of the Yukigakure clan. The cold does not impact me in the slightest. Still, I do not want to leave you lingering in the cold."
She would motion for him to follow and brought him inside the fortress of the castle, out of the snow.

"I believe I can shed some light on the matter of Raimaa's lack of contact. My predecessor and her made an agreement to ensure her place here while she was proving her commitment to the village. She was affixed with a chakra suppressant that has resulted in her being unable to summon you."

has written 436 posts
Hit PawsNov 26, 2021 8:10:37 GMT -5
raimaa futago
raimaa futago Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Standing up and following the woman after she politely refused his offer, Shineko would ruminate on what he was told, that she had been given a seal while proving her commitment to the village...

"Hmm. People are not Cats, so I can not claim to understand them all that much. But, is there something more you have to do other than being a denizen for several years, doing work every day for the village, and marrying into a major clan before you can be considered committed? I worry I have been to open with my Glade now, if commitment should be that hard to achieve..."
Hit PawsNov 26, 2021 19:54:12 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
NPC
-
WORDS
-
-
-
S
hineko made a decent point. Raimaa had been doing much for the village over the last several years and it was probably time for her imprisonment seal to at least come up under review. The terms of such a sentence likely should have been made much more clear than the official documentation she had found had made it out to be. Yukigakure was a very carceral nation, strict on punishment, but that was not necessarily an ideology she wanted to unilaterally represent.

"The matter is somewhat complicated," she admitted. "In our world commitment to village and country are the most important things one can have. Being run from your nation is not something that occurs lightly or is forgotten easily. However, I do understand that all which occurred in Kusagakure happened when she was young and when the nation was in difficult times. She has matured since then and has made decent strides as a committed shinobi of the snow. If she came to me, I could discuss reconsidering."
has written 436 posts
Hit PawsNov 27, 2021 5:51:53 GMT -5
raimaa futago
raimaa futago Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
There was a rumble from Shineko as they walked.

"Matured is...perhaps the wrong word. From observation, it seems closer to the fact she has lost the spark of life. She has stopped caring, stopped trying to understand and connect with people. Stopped assuming that those closest to her are close to her. There is no more heart left in her world, there is only the cold steel - or in this case wood - and pride as a Shinobi. It is like seeing a cat with the most beautiful of fur, shaved bald and never able to regrow the same coat"

Shineko spoke with a mournful tone, even his whisper was a rumble that could clearly be heard. To see such a large beast speak softly and in such a voice, was certainly offputting in it's dichotomy.
Hit PawsDec 9, 2021 20:23:16 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
NPC
-
WORDS
-
-
-
T
he tone spoke of a grave and genuine concern for Raimaa, almost grandfatherly in its sympathy and protectiveness. Shuka had never had a summon herself, but she knew that the bond between them could be very deep. He had travelled all this way to ensure she was alright.

"I will speak with her," Shuka assured. "She has been a trustworthy shinobi so far and has given me no reason to doubt that I can entrust her. Still, an interview on the matter will be in order."

has written 436 posts
Hit PawsDec 10, 2021 6:19:05 GMT -5
raimaa futago
raimaa futago Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
"Ha! If you actually speak to her, then you will already be superior to those she knew before. She might seem mad, but if you emphasize the importance of the situations then she is a reasonable woman to interact with" The great cat explained, nodding some before looking out of the village.

"Still, it was well worth the journey to know she is not so troubled again. With your permission, I shall go hunt, find a den to relax for a few days, and then return home"
Hit PawsDec 10, 2021 22:17:40 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
NPC
-
WORDS
-
-
-
M
adness was an aura that surrounded Raimaa, but Shuka was not so foolish as to fall for such impressions. It was obvious that the woman was a form of controlled chaos. Part of that absurdity of her behavior was intentional, an image she projected outwards. Those behaviors did not necessarily reflect the full extent of her thoughtfulness.

"I am aware that she can be reasonable when the matter calls for it," Shuka assured. On his request, she nodded. "Of course. You are more than welcome to explore as you please. If you require any assistance or wish for a hunting partner, feel free to ask my attendants. I will call for Raimaa."

has written 436 posts
Hit PawsDec 11, 2021 7:59:04 GMT -5
raimaa futago
raimaa futago Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
"Haha! Again surpassing those she once called brother. They saw a Shinobi put up a façade and decided to take it at face value" Shineko would shake his head, clearly interacting with humans enough to pick up some human emotion and action.

Upon the permission to hunt, Shineko would stretch his long body and then reach up a paw to put on Shuka's shoulder. Surprisingly lightly for how big the cat was.
"Many thanks. You have shown great competence and compassion as a leader to me. It is good to know Raimaa is in good hands" He would then turn and look back.

"I am far from subtle, so I shall await Raimaa in the forest. Many thanks again for the meeting, Lady Fifth" he would then take off at a run. Even with such a long gait, he was fast, and there was only a handful of moments he was in sight at all. Keeping up with the ever-active pinkette he was contracted to probably necessitated such speed though.