The Will of Fire | First Round

fallen blades
The Will of Fire | First RoundMay 5, 2021 7:41:56 GMT -5
Senju Hiromitsu
I'll be the greatest hero you've ever seen!
Senju Hiromitsu Avatar
groupnull
age 19 years old birthday November 24th rank Advanced Genin occupation Hero!

THE WILL OF FIRE
burns bright within me

With a deep breath, Hiro would accept the letter inscribed with his name. Reading it over, he would find, as he expected, it was his formal invitation to his Chūnin Exams in Nohara no Kuni. Fortunately for him, Hiro had been able to recover fully from the incident with Kazui, and although a great many emotions still welled up inside him, Hiro was able to put focus in the exams ahead of him. He would read the letter closely before grabbing his belongings, saying his goodbyes and heading to the grass country, to the village of Hirata.

As Hirata was often the first village that Konoha shinobi would visit on their way across the border, Hiro had fortunately been to the village once or twice before. His travels went relatively well, Hiro often daydreaming about the past few days, or turning his thoughts to what he might come to expect from the upcoming trials he would face. As Hiro had already attempted the chunin exams once before, he felt he would at least have some experience on his side that the other competitors might not.

Upon his arrival, Hiro could help but grin as his eyes gazed across the village. "Ooookay...” He would say to himself, tightening the cloth on his arm to display his status as a competitor of the exams. The Senju would pull his letter out once more, speaking out loud slightly with the words across the bottom. "Start in the village of Hirata, a town of pleasure and vice. To the west is an island of ember, gather weapons and tools that slice...” Hiro would tighten his brow, thinking over the words carefully.

Hirata, the town of pleasure and vice, would be his starting place, though the island to the west would only lead him to think of Nokoribi, which would literally translate to "ember Island,” and to gather weapons and tools that slice. While he had been a bit unsure if this would mean to get the items now or later, Hiro would rather see himself more prepared than not. He would already have with him a handful of shuriken and kunai, though perhaps it might better suit him to bring something a bit extra. Hiro would ask around about a local smith in the area, wanting to purchase a katana, machete, and an axe, if he was able. All of which had come to mind when he would think of "weapons or tools that slice.”

As time was of the essence, the genin would do his best to work hastily. Although it was still just midday, part of the rules were not to spend the night in any village or outpost, and he did not want to start things off on the wrong foot by taking his time, and losing track of the day.

TRUST ME,
I'll be as strong as they come

Font Color: #1668c5 | | Chūnin Exams

Temp By: A

Matt has written 162 posts
The Will of Fire | First RoundMay 5, 2021 10:07:14 GMT -5
Hisakawa Yamato
Preparation, and good comrades, are the keys to victory
Hisakawa Yamato Avatar
groupnull
age 23 years old birthday rank Sp. Jounin occupation Kusagakure Lord

0 Clues Found

@all
While the borders of Nohara no Kuni hadn't yet been opened to all nations for the current exams, visitors from Hi no Kuni were always welcome, which meant that Hirata was as busy and bustling as ever. Unfortunately this would make Hiromitsu's search through the village a bit more difficult, with practically every other person crossing his path attempting to catch his attention for one thing or another. There was a great deal of activities, food, and sights to enjoy, but practically no smiths to be heard of. Hirata's primary industry was spectacle and services, but if Hiromitsu persisted he'd eventually ask just the right person. An unassuming man in his mid 20's, running some sort of mobile beverage cart with an enterprising glint in his eyes.

"Ohhh I see you're one of those chuunin exam contestants I was hearing about huh? Yea, it's gonna be tough to find a smithy 'round these parts any more but uhhh, I think Hideki's just down the road is still open? It's worth a shot at least." The man paused as he appraised Hiromitsu for a moment, smiling wide as he reached for something on his cart and handing it to the genin. "You know what? Take that with you, one bottle of sparkling apple cider on the house! Just promise me you'll give me a li'l shoutout when you win the exams eh? Ichibei's Drink Cart in Hirata, got it?"

There'd be no room for the genin to refuse the gift, the man giving Hiromitsu a final thumb's up before moving along to continue making his living. From here the genin could choose to investigate Ichibei's tip to go further down the road, or he could give up on Hirata and travel straight to Nokoribi.

Extra notes;

Chou
Yamato has written 544 posts
The Will of Fire | First RoundMay 6, 2021 9:21:32 GMT -5
Senju Hiromitsu
Senju Hiromitsu Avatar
groupnull

THE WILL OF FIRE
burns bright within me

Truthfully, Hiro was a bit thankful for the drink being forced in his hand, not realizing how thirsty he had actually been until looking at the golden liquid held inside. "Thanks, Ichibei's Drink Cart in Hirata, I won't forget!” He would wave good-bye to the man who offered him a kind direction, heading down the road as he was directed. Along the way, the teen would crack open the bottle of cider, knocking nearly the whole thing back in one go. He’d let out an "ahh” feeling quite refreshed as the cool liquid slid down his gullet.

Rather being safe than sorry, Hiro would keep an eye out for the "Hideki’s” smith he had been pointed towards. He’d look up and down the way, reading each sign on the passing buildings to be sure he didn’t miss it. Once he’d finally be able to spot the place, a grin would cross his face and Hiro would run to the building and pop himself inside. He’d look around, placing a hand to his face, letting out a rather loud "Hello?” To see if anyone was within earshot.

TRUST ME,

Font Color: #1668c5 | | Training

The Will of Fire | First RoundMay 7, 2021 11:29:34 GMT -5
Hisakawa Yamato
Hisakawa Yamato Avatar
groupnull

0 Clues Found

@all
Entering the building would reveal a rather disappointing sight. The establishment was very poorly lit, and dust clung to practically every surface. Past the counter, Hiromitsu would be able to see the basic tools required of a smith, an unlit forge, a dusty anvil, and empty racks, but no sign of a thriving business. Just as the genin called out his 'hello' the door would open once again, a disgruntled grunt escaping the man that entered. He was a short stocky man, with uneven stubble covering his face. He was clearly shocked to see something other than dust in the building, but he quickly recovered and shook his head sorrowfully.

"If you're here for some smithing work, I'm 'fraid to say that I'm just 'bout done with this place." The man sighed before stepping towards the counter, running his hand along the top before shaking off the dust that accumulated on his fingers. "So, what can I do ya for?"

For the first time, the man turned to give Hiromitsu a better look, eyes widening when he noticed the cloth around the genin's arm.

"Oh! You're in Nohara no Kuni for the chuunin exams huh? Just makes my shop being relocated all the more tragic."

Extra notes;

Chou
The Will of Fire | First RoundMay 11, 2021 8:41:18 GMT -5
Senju Hiromitsu
Senju Hiromitsu Avatar
groupnull

THE WILL OF FIRE
burns bright within me

Hiro would look around the location with a slight frown on his face. From what he could tell, it unfortunately would seem that this place hadn’t done too much business lately. The Senju would turn his head, hearing a door open, followed by the grunt of a man who began to address him. He’d offer a kind grin to the fellow, giving the man his attention as he put together that Hiro had been here due to the Chunin exams.

"Sure am,” he’d say rather enthusiastically. "What do you mean relocated? Where are you moving to?” Hiro’s head would swivel about, looking over the walls of the building to see if he could spot the tools he was looking for, though, after he’d listen to whatever response the owner would give, he thought it might be best to ask the man himself. "I was actually looking for a couple of tools before heading out to Nokoribi, hoping you might be able to help me out. I needed, uh,” Hiro would pause, squinting slightly as he turned his head toward the ceiling in thought. "An axe,” he’d start, touching his two index fingers together as he started counting. "A machete, and some kinda sword, if ya got anything like that.

Hiro would turn back to the man across the counter, wishfully thinking the fellow might be able to help him.

TRUST ME,

Font Color: #1668c5 | | Training

The Will of Fire | First RoundMay 13, 2021 7:21:55 GMT -5
Hisakawa Yamato
Hisakawa Yamato Avatar
groupnull

0 Clues Found

@all
The man jerked his thumb westward, behind him, as he answered the question, alluding to the other location that was stated in Hiromitsu's initial clue.

"Well, you're in luck kid, I'm heading to Nokoribi myself. Now I can't promise I can get you all that but..." Hideki paused, scratching his chin thoughtfully for a few moments before coming to a decision. "... how's about I promise you an axe and a machete if you help me move the rest of my tools west eh? I think a day's worth of pulling along a cart is worth that much."

Hiromitsu could choose to either help the man, or part ways and head to Nokoribi. He'd definitely be able to make the journey in at least half the time on his own, but if he did choose to help the smith he'd be securing at least some of the weapons he desired. If the genin confirmed that he'd like to help, the man would happily clap his hands together, gesturing over behind the counter and immediately putting the genin to work loading up his tools into the handcart outside. If Hiromitsu chose to travel alone, he'd reach Nokoribi somewhere between noon and the mid-afternoon giving him some time to look around, whereas if he chose to help Hideki, Embers Island wouldn't rise over the horizon until the sun was growing close to set behind it.

In either case, the sound of hammers striking hot steel would ring out from island even before the genin crossed the bridge over the river, plumes of smoke rising from the dozens upon dozens of lit forges.

Extra notes;

Chou