Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday October 11th rank Jounin occupation Jounin Hancho
Theres is no easy way from earth to the stars

TAG. @akira

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

Despite Akira's resentment toward having to put on such a performance, it seemed like it could very well work. So long as he didn't speak. Hearing his voice in his response made it clear that a speaking role would be out of the question for this. After all, they would need to move into the belly of the beast, and any false moves could very well start something. In truth, she was doing quite a bit of risks in even trying this. Akira was self-admitted deserter, and not to mention not on the best personal standing with Kaze no Kuni...or at least Sunagakure for that matter.

Honestly...it was a lot...and probably more than she was willing to admit to herself...for a friend...

As she did her best to push the thoughts of previous actions coming back to bite her and in a way...mock her silently, she'd manage to get a good look at him upon hearing his statement on how he made her life exciting, prompting her to raise her brow with her showing him a toothy grin.

"On that...we can agree..."

Somebody to Lean on

Getting out of the cave was the easy part. Making their way into the main tent was another task completely. One in which Akira could not attempt to join her in unarmed. So it seemed that he had already thought the same, making his way stealthily toward one of the smaller tents. It appeared that from the distance, it was clear that the bandits were more or less distracted. Some watching the front for possible attack, others attentions eyed toward women dancing around the fire and moving their hips to the sound of a rhythmic drum beat. In truth, it was hard to ignore the culture that still existed in these outlaws from their homelands and clans. She could easily recognize the music from the Saeko Clan, but these people weren't exactly following the creed that came with being part of them.

In the end, she couldn't focus on that for too long, keeping close to Akira as he began to make his way into the tent, where there awaited nothing to be of any danger. There were some sacks providing what looked to be food and hide from killed beasts. Yet, there was also a few selections in terms of weapons. Nothing that would hold up long in a full on conflict but enough to defend oneself if need be.

"Looks like ya got lucky...I'd pick out what ya can hide while I start making preparation for our entrance...this will be the tricky part..."

As she allowed him time to make his choice, Arashi would peek out from the folds of the tent, hearing jeers and calls from the inner circle of the site. Enough noise to keep any that they make covered, yet how to get into the main tent?

They couldn't very well go in the back...it was likely guarded just as well as the front, and from what she had observed from their leader, he wasn't one to leave any open gaps to exploit. He was a warrior through and through. So how to do it?....

Invite ourselves in...

Once Akira was ready, Arashi would focus as she raised her hand up into the air, allowing her eyes to briefly shift hues as the sand began to pick up around the area. The winds blew roughly, the sand dusted against the bandits and their circle as they attempted to try and rush for cover. This was their movement to act, Arashi looking over her shoulder as she took hold of Akira's arm.

"Come on..we only got one shot!"

Moving along with him, she'd pull him forth as she could see shadows moving around them in their blitz to save themselves, the main camp tent holding it together as his guards struggled to see what was happening. Moving between them, Arashi would stop suddenly, drawing her hood back as to reveal her face and adjust her attire.

"Just follow me lead and when ya see an opening and no one is lookin...get ya stuff and give me a sign and we'll leave..."

This whispered comment came just moments as the storm seemed the stop, the rush of wind and dust ceasing and it appeared as if the two had just appeared out of thin air.

Making and entrance

"The hell is this!?"

The booming voice of Jangou would stop any other conversation between the two, Arashi now focusing her sights on the large man as he appeared to have been standing, defending his female companions as they looked to be beneath his large fur cloak. Akira's belongs seemed to have already been in the process of searched through, much of it scattered across the floor.

"Now now Janie...I just wanted to drop by...I heard ya been busy..."

Jangou hardly seemed amused by the nickname, glaring down toward the newly appeared duo as he bared his teeth.

"Oonakayama Arashi...."

"Ya got a sec? Think we need to talk..."
-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

A Skill granted by her continued use and developed relationship with Shukaku over the continued use of his control over sand, Arashi has a stronger connection to the element, allowing her to use it at a much more intensive rate than before. As such, her defenses are much more adapt and capable of taking on stronger attacks and reinforcing itself at faster speed. This adaptation to the sand shield allows for it's reaction time to have increased and make it more challenging for attacks to connect and break through the first layer, while acting still on the natural inclinations of auto-repairing itself for the next strike.
-Jutsu Used-
NAME: Suna no sōzō: Sunaarashi[Sand Creation: Sand Storm]
CHAKRA USAGE: High I Medium Drain
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: Fuuton
HANDSEALS: 8
DESCRIPTION:
Summoning a wave of sand, Arashi is capable of splintering it off into a haze like dust. Though in adding the element of fuuton, the dust is allowed spread out, becoming much like a screen. This acts as a cover for not only herself, but those that are within the epicenter of the event. Making it much more difficult for an opponent to attack or even see where their position is at a radius of two miles But the longer it is held upon the field, the more it drains Arashi of chakra.

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
Kaze has written 2,697 posts
There is no easy way from the earth to the starsAug 24, 2021 17:03:47 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
[attr="class","bg"]REBIRTH

Arashi had gotten the idea of what it was he was trying to achieve. Not that there was much of sharp things to have - he would have preferred a Kusarigama, followed by chains (though he was relieved to not use his own vow keepers; they were heavy and he was tired) and then a Katana. Instead, a few tattered bits of weaponry which was still better than nothing.

Akira opted for a curved blade, a Scimitar - if he had known the name himself. But instead it fell upon 'curved blade' with a elegant enough edge that it could be used, and about the same length as his forearm so on the shorter side of what the weapon was normally, and pulled it against and into the robe and against his forearm. It would make it sloppy for getting out, but once it was out he would at least be better prepared in a fight.

And the Spirit of the Sand shook her locks and set upon the bandits a righteous flurry of wind. Akira followed in the direction of his pulled arm. What choice? His hunched over body trying to mimic that of an elderly maid.

The noise was extremely bothersome as well, he didn't realise how grating it could be to hear grains of sand whipping up against itself, a constant white noise static for his ears. His mouth and eyes and everything was just coarse and dry. Humans were notmeant to live in these conditions.

Akira hoped that Claw country would be better for that purpose he knew nothing of it. But, amidst the panic setting in - or was it panic? The desert being 'natural' would have them all moving out of the way and dispersing, away from the two of them as they headed toward the tent.

The 'now woman' took immediate steps to distance himself (herself) from the Jonin Hancho, doing his best imitation of a little stumble across the cracked floor of sand and pelts and fabric and clearly alarmed by her presence.

Of course, this was just Akira 'pointing' and the shift of his loose robes shaking while they had their conversation. If this was such a large camp he hoped it wouldn't be too much of an issue to remain hidden.

The secondary point - the platinum was nowhere to be seen. As expected, of his things on the floor, the bag was even there. He would want the photos - but that and the platinum would be the most important. But how to grab the bag while being natural?

Janguo had little to say to the Jonin Hancho, and instead spat to the floor in front of him. "Like hell do we," A sneer fully apparent on his face with bared teeth. Something of an animalistic warrior like nature aroused and inspired the confidence in his men standing up to Arashi - and the room got a little smaller as everybody took out a weapon.

Even the old woman, holding a scimitar by her side, face pointed in their general direction. Janguo spared no look to anybody else, because if there was someone to focus on - it was the threat standing in front of him. His men could take care of everybody else.

This? This was his. "You'd best had brought tribute for stepping onto my land." Janguo had very much not wanted this to happen, but such a man even for his ways would not submit just as simply as that. It would only take a word: a sentence, any wrong step from the little girl and he would break her in half. That was his promise, to himself.

[newclass=.bg]color: #aaaaaa; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; background: -webkit-linear-gradient(transparent, transparent),url(https://i.imgur.com/XFlY6F6.png) repeat; background: -o-linear-gradient(transparent, transparent);-webkit-background-clip: text;width:450px;position: relative; z-index: 2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bg2]color: #aaaaaa; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; background: -webkit-linear-gradient(transparent, transparent),url(https://i.imgur.com/4XOzHOM.png
) repeat; background: -o-linear-gradient(transparent, transparent);-webkit-background-clip: text;width:450px;position: relative; z-index: 2;[/newclass]
has written 0 posts
There is no easy way from the earth to the starsAug 30, 2021 17:08:09 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG. @akira

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

The key to making this work was to keep all eyes on her at all time. After all, no one would really pay attention to some older woman if she wasn't doing anything too outlandish. Of course, if she wasn't at least addressed in someway, she'd be the odd one out of this little gathering, making Akira even more suspicious. Though with how things were starting out, it was clear enough that Jangou was not going to be so easily swayed, despite his history of idiocy. He had managed to make his own splinter group of individuals from all paths of life here in Kaze no Kuni, and that took a lot more than just brawn to accomplish.

With his people already at arms, Arashi would close her eyes before allowing one hand to rest on her hip as she clicked her tongue.

"Now now Jannie...just because your a bit short in some areas doesn't mean ya gotta show out like this...besides..what kinda guest would I be if I didn't at least offer somethin for me comin out here...."

Staying where she was, the young commander would then smile as she opened her eyes to look upon the large male in front of her.

"ሁላችንም ልዩ ተሰጥኦዎቻችን አሉን ... እና ከትንሽ ጋለሞቶችዎ የበለጠ ማድረግ እችላለሁ.."
(We all have our talents...and I can do far more than your little whores..)

The females at his side seemed to bare their teeth, one even going so far as to ensure her blade was ready to strike upon a moment's notice, only for Arashi to look it over. While it's tip was aimed at her throat, there was some resistance to it getting closer, allowing for even the woman to recognize the danger in her pushing it further, it's edge seeming almost willing itself back before Arashi would simply click her finger as a small burst of wind would seem to flick the weapon upward, it's direction now aimed at her previous assailant.

"We have little time and I don't want attention to my absence to start sounding alarms...as I'm sure ya wouldn't either right?"

In saying this, the now floating weapon, seeming to be held by a near invisible thread of sand at it's hilt, would fall to the ground as the heiress would begin to approach the man's side, looking down at what appeared to be a small basket as she knelt down to retrieve one of it's contents from within. Drawing out an apple, she'd begin to rub it against her attire as she focused her attention on it as she spoke.

"Right now ya little party split has gotten some attention...notably my father, whom is willin to see ya wiped out if ya decide ya not interested in joining the coming talks within Sekara...to which I think is a waste with what you've accomplished...rogue Saeko....uniting individuals from all over the desert under one rule..my grandfather must be biting at the bit to see ya dead too...but I see a partnership...one that will work for everyone...especially you..."

Breathing softly against the surface of the fruit, Arashi would then allow her gaze to shift to the side only for a moment, seeming to try and indicate if Akira was paying attention. If so, her tossing the fruit in his direction, and possibly failing to catch it and allow it to continue in it's course near his belongings would let him perhaps have his chance to get his bar.

"Ensure this fruit is ripe Mugei...ya know I'm not one for dry fruit.."

In tossing it toward the disguised male, Arashi would return her sight back to Jangou as she hoped this mild distraction would then be reentered as spoke again.

"Ya want freedom...and I really could care less bout if Suna gets a foothold in Sekara or not...in fact..I'm more interested in higher objectives....but I'm gonna need someone capable at my side...especially if I wish to kill my father and become the new Kazekage..."

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

A Skill granted by her continued use and developed relationship with Shukaku over the continued use of his control over sand, Arashi has a stronger connection to the element, allowing her to use it at a much more intensive rate than before. As such, her defenses are much more adapt and capable of taking on stronger attacks and reinforcing itself at faster speed. This adaptation to the sand shield allows for it's reaction time to have increased and make it more challenging for attacks to connect and break through the first layer, while acting still on the natural inclinations of auto-repairing itself for the next strike.

Ichibi Host

Arashi is the host to the Ichibi. As such, she has been granted a massive boost to her chakra and various other skills. Sand will unconsciously move to her will, even if she doesn’t want it to. She also has a natural affinity with Fuuinjutsu due to the curse marks that appear over her at times. Arashi also has an affinity to wind. However, because of the low number of tails on Ichibi, Arashi has difficulties controlling the biju and rarely sleeps. She rarely lowers her guard as well.

Will of Sand

Will of Sand- Adding the element of her own chakra into the mixture of sand, Arashi is capable of faster and stronger sand manipulation and attacks. The extent of this control is due to the supply gathered within her gourd, granting the bonus of power, but limited to only the amount contained within it. This ability makes her constructions more dense and harder to break down, and the swiftness of their creation is instant rather than requiring the prior time of build-up as before due to the strengthened bond between Arashi and Shukaku.

Sand Control
Arashi is granted two forms of defense by the Ichibi. The first one is a subconscious ability granted by the Bijuu is that there is constantly a barrier of sand clinging to Arashi’s skin. This barrier acts as a shield against her skin, absorbing heavy blows and protecting her. Her sand defense is very tough, being very difficult to break through. The sand has been likened to steel and concrete. The second form is one which pulls sand from her surroundings and the sand piled on her skin to form a visible barrier and dome like barrier around her. The sand is typically pulled from the ground and any nearby source. Arashi’s various dogs often have a plentiful amount of sand carried in their thick coats. As such, the sand is often pulled from their coats to be used to protect the girl. Through the course of her training, Arashi has learned to control both of these forms of defense to a degree, making her much more capable of mounting a defense in a variety of ways. But she still at times must incumbent some cooperation from Shukaku to ensure of it's sustainability.

Arashi can control sand and wind around herself to whip up sandstorms with powerful gusts. The sandstorm often appears when she’s emotionally strained and damaged. If there is no sand around her, powerful breezes will still gather around her. Shukaku enjoys teasing the girl to the point where sandstorms appear. But with the course of time, Arashi had grown more comfortable with this and developed a thick skin towards such actions by the Bijuu.

While Arashi had previous had little to no control over her other sand related abilities, she has a somewhat capable hand at this one. Because of the trauma of her sand attacking her classmates at a young age, Arashi has managed to reign in some of this power. Learning to bend the sand to her will, Arashi can keep it from hurting those she doesn’t want it to hurt. Sand will be gathered from nearby sources to be used as a weapon when this ability activates. This ability typically only activates when Arashi is in severe danger, but it has now become possible for her to do so with ease. Though it is more prone to activating near or on full moons. The sand takes the form of blunt objects or tendrils to bash or choke enemies. During moments of extreme strain, Arashi loses all control over this ability as well.
-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
There is no easy way from the earth to the starsSept 21, 2021 16:03:56 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

What unfurled over the next half an hour was chaos walking. A fight broke out, but it was wild. At first Akira had been hidden among the crowd in his disguise, but that was pulled from him in the chaos - and his bright orange hair had him lit up as the former Jinchuuriki.

And that - that was not good. It got much worse from that point.

But they were out.

Akira himself was torn up a bit - no longer adorning the full maid outfit that had been used at the start and more like half a rag for his top half, it having been ripped off him in the scrabble to get away. Still, in his hand the same weapon drenched in blood.

Akira was very much quiet, even though they'd got what they set out to do- his bag, photos and a bar of platinum back in his possession and the former camp that existed had been lost to the sand. Arashi had taken care of that, not expecting to do the damage she did.

She was a symbiote of natural destruction. Truly wild with the Sand - this was her domain and no question could be brought from that. Akira had already sacrificed so much of his past life and his current self to get where he was at this exact moment. He had pledged, no- forged an alliance in his soul over the pact to be a pacifist, and yet people still ended up on the back end of his stolen blade. In spite of his desperate begging that they did not come for him, throats were still cut. He had just escaped from an impending even worse sand storm, where the rip in his upper clothing came from. He dropped the weapon in the sand as he walked, and ripped the other remaining half of the cloth he wore from him so that it was just his trousers, his back and the single layer between his body and the harsh night cold of the desert.

And no chakra - Arashi would see no steam from him as he silently walked where he usually liked to keep himself in a toasty sort of coolness that warm autumnal mornings brought. And the crunch of sound was defeaning. The man had already said his thanks again to her after they'd exited - and he had been taking her lead for their direction.

Little did they know: a Genjutsu user was still following them, not willing to let the sacrifice of their family be lost so easily, to a home lost so quickly and with a vengeance to be earnt. Akira wanted to be in a frame of mind that he could comment how beautiful the stars were - his village had been so lit up that seeing them wasn't easy from the village unless you were at the mountain tops.

They were the same ones: but it was a clear night tonight and from one country over, so it felt different even if it wasn't. He didn't feel like commenting - he didn't feel like anything but a oath breaker.

[newclass=.bg]color: #aaaaaa; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; background: -webkit-linear-gradient(transparent, transparent),url(https://i.imgur.com/XFlY6F6.png) repeat; background: -o-linear-gradient(transparent, transparent);-webkit-background-clip: text;width:450px;position: relative; z-index: 2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bg2]color: #aaaaaa; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; background: -webkit-linear-gradient(transparent, transparent),url(https://i.imgur.com/4XOzHOM.png
) repeat; background: -o-linear-gradient(transparent, transparent);-webkit-background-clip: text;width:450px;position: relative; z-index: 2;[/newclass]
has written 0 posts
There is no easy way from the earth to the starsSept 21, 2021 16:35:56 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG. @akira

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"Don't thank me...I'm honestly gonna be hearin bout this for weeks..."

Rubbing the back of her neck, she'd note the loose threads that were at the sleeve of her shirt, prompting her to pull at it as she released an exasperated sigh. The fight had broken out so quickly, and it had been a last result to simply do the one thing that was left available to her. After all, if diplomacy was a no go, there was no way that they were going to get out of the situation by doing nothing at all.

Yet the act of sinking an entire camp had not been one that went easily...

Upon the clear exposure of her act to fool the Bandit leader, the battle that ensued created nothing short of mania. Having to be quick, she managed to open a sink hole at the center of the camp, one that continued to grow as the sand swirled and began to drag in everything and everyone around them. With his only base of operation literally sinking away, the large man was quick to order his followers to attack, prompting the battle that followed.

In the end, it resulted the way that much seemed to when it came to events happening whenever Arashi and Akira happened to be together. Chaos...

As she looked upward at the now broken tiara that tilted slightly upon her head, the Jounin would draw it from her forehead, tossing it to the side as she looked toward the sky and shook her head.

"Months of literal undercover work out the window...still...I doubt he would have been much of a team player anyway..."

In saying this, the short haired female would place her hands at her side, looking toward Akira as she held a calm expression.

"I hope that bar was worth it..."

This was the moment in which she hoped Akira would explain just why it was. Granted, that bar was going to be worth a lot if he managed to sell it overseas. But it would be more than one person could manage on their own. Though it could be implied that he simply wanted to disappear and this would make sure of it, while also allowing for a comfortable life, she didn't get that impression in the way that he fought. There was something different....

"So who are they?...and before ya try and say I'm nuts...I can smell iron in someone's blood...faint odors are old hat to me..."

Stopping short, she'd place one hand upon her hip as she raised her brow as she stared at him.

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

Ichibi Host

Arashi is the host to the Ichibi. As such, she has been granted a massive boost to her chakra and various other skills. Sand will unconsciously move to her will, even if she doesn’t want it to. She also has a natural affinity with Fuuinjutsu due to the curse marks that appear over her at times. Arashi also has an affinity to wind. However, because of the low number of tails on Ichibi, Arashi has difficulties controlling the biju and rarely sleeps. She rarely lowers her guard as well.

Will of Sand

Will of Sand- Adding the element of her own chakra into the mixture of sand, Arashi is capable of faster and stronger sand manipulation and attacks. The extent of this control is due to the supply gathered within her gourd, granting the bonus of power, but limited to only the amount contained within it. This ability makes her constructions more dense and harder to break down, and the swiftness of their creation is instant rather than requiring the prior time of build-up as before due to the strengthened bond between Arashi and Shukaku.

Sand Control
Arashi is granted two forms of defense by the Ichibi. The first one is a subconscious ability granted by the Bijuu is that there is constantly a barrier of sand clinging to Arashi’s skin. This barrier acts as a shield against her skin, absorbing heavy blows and protecting her. Her sand defense is very tough, being very difficult to break through. The sand has been likened to steel and concrete. The second form is one which pulls sand from her surroundings and the sand piled on her skin to form a visible barrier and dome like barrier around her. The sand is typically pulled from the ground and any nearby source. Arashi’s various dogs often have a plentiful amount of sand carried in their thick coats. As such, the sand is often pulled from their coats to be used to protect the girl. Through the course of her training, Arashi has learned to control both of these forms of defense to a degree, making her much more capable of mounting a defense in a variety of ways. But she still at times must incumbent some cooperation from Shukaku to ensure of it's sustainability.

Arashi can control sand and wind around herself to whip up sandstorms with powerful gusts. The sandstorm often appears when she’s emotionally strained and damaged. If there is no sand around her, powerful breezes will still gather around her. Shukaku enjoys teasing the girl to the point where sandstorms appear. But with the course of time, Arashi had grown more comfortable with this and developed a thick skin towards such actions by the Bijuu.

While Arashi had previous had little to no control over her other sand related abilities, she has a somewhat capable hand at this one. Because of the trauma of her sand attacking her classmates at a young age, Arashi has managed to reign in some of this power. Learning to bend the sand to her will, Arashi can keep it from hurting those she doesn’t want it to hurt. Sand will be gathered from nearby sources to be used as a weapon when this ability activates. This ability typically only activates when Arashi is in severe danger, but it has now become possible for her to do so with ease. Though it is more prone to activating near or on full moons. The sand takes the form of blunt objects or tendrils to bash or choke enemies. During moments of extreme strain, Arashi loses all control over this ability as well.
-Jutsu Used-

-Items Used-

-Familiar Used-

MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Sept 21, 2021 16:36:57 GMT -5
There is no easy way from the earth to the starsSept 24, 2021 11:54:39 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Through the crunch of sand under foot, where they shifted by each step as well as the areas which were crumbled and dry - it wasn't entirely sand out in the land of sand, but hey ho. Akira just assumed that Arashi knew the direction she was taking him, so he could be gone in due course.

Akira did not respond - what good was it? Of course it would help him establish a new life, but people had to come along and ruin it. He had parted with coin to begin with, and it was their greed that led to them being swallowed in whole by the desert.

Still, her question caught Akira off guard - much to his own dismay he misunderstood her question, thinking it to be about iron, and blood - his mind automatically went to those who met the end of his blade and not the sent of the woman on his skin.

"I don't know." Akira said quietly. He didn't know who he had killed, just some perhaps worthy individuals: safe for the fact that they were in a bandit camp, he wanted to try and see the best in people and killing them was the antithesis of it. It had been necessary in preserving his own given life...

"How far are we from Sekara?" Akira asked, wanting to get a move on - trying to run from his problems only more vigor than when he had left Iwagakure no Sato.

has written 0 posts
There is no easy way from the earth to the starsSept 27, 2021 8:20:15 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG. @akira

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"Yes you do....I only ask because...ya know? Something like that...might be important in safer hands..."

Arashi would hold her arms at her side, listening as she could sense that he was hesistant to really say anything. That or perhaps he just didn't understand what she was referring to. In the end, maybe it didn't matter as much to him as she thought.

As Akira questioned how long it would take for them to get to Sekara, the woman grew quiet, looking off to the side as she then closed her eyes.

"About an hour on foot...big guy didn't set camp too far from the village due to him wishing to take it over at some point. His branching out was more of a statement than anything else..."

In saying this, the young woman would then open her eyes as she looked toward her friend with a calm expression.

"But we aren't going to Sekara..."

The Sunagakure nin would then begin to walk toward Akira, her expression serious as she moved passed him as she spoke.

"I said I'd get ya outta the situation ya were in...I didn't say I'd take ya to Sekara...Your going to the Pits..."

Her tone was stern as she stopped before looking over her shoulder at him.

"The minute you set foot into Kaze no Kuni for the second time...you gave up any chance you had at getting back home...I got ya out the last time, but I can't do it a second time...You have to face judgement under our laws..."

It was true....Arashi couldn't turn a blind eye to this...nor send him on his way as though nothing had happened. As the Jounin Hanchou, she had to abide by the will of the village and her own example as such could not be to just let trespassers go based on old ties.

"I'll do what I can to make sure that you are kept alive...but ya gotta face the music this time Akira...theres no gettin outta this one...my suggestion is that ya tell me who the hell ya been seeing and I can send what gear ya have their way while ya do that..."
There is no easy way from the earth to the starsSept 30, 2021 3:38:54 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

"Oh. Oh... She's not around here. She took an alternate route to take care of any hunter ninja that came our way." Akira smiled, but he was strong enough, he hoped, to take on this own task himself. This took him all the way to her explanation in which case he hunkered down, ready to make a move on in the direction but he stopped.

"Alright then.." He began to walk but came to a stop when she spoke - what now? Akira internally sighed. Looked out to the desert - he could only assume what the pits were. One didn't need to try and visualise. This? Now?

He turned as she walked past. She was just a betrayer. So he had understood it, would always be her way. That was okay - Akira had forgiven her for it time and time again. He would not yet reveal the object of his affection: Yoko would come for him as well, given time. Sure, he could give her the platinum bar - but what was all of this for?

"You took me from one prison just to put me in another? ........" Akira was confused, but then again his emotions had never been so jumbled since the Gobi no longer inhabited his body. This was the tale of the toad and the scorpion: and she was the scorpion.

Had it been a different time, he would have been overcome with rage. Now, an adult - confusion and a resigned stare toward her. He shook his head.

"You destroy a camp you'd been undercover for months, you helped me escape. I've put my life on the line for you as well, and now I'm escaping the land that has poisoned me. I understand, you're still here. And I don't blame you for the way you are. You call this a friendship? No. You can't see beyond your own eyes." Akira had always known it, inside and out of her disposition - she was a runaway at heart.

But he too would walk at her - not alarmingly or in an aggressive manner. No, he knew better than that.

"You run from home and create situations that help you escape the reality of a future you can't escape and now you're just succumbing to it. So blinded by hatred of the stone from experiences not your own that you can't see beyond your rose tinted glasses. So desperate to keep your father's approval. Different as things may be, I am also not your object that will signify the resolution of an era by eliminating me of my future. Oonakayama Arashi. you are delusional and you are a coward." He would be damned to let her have this for free. Akira couldn't stop her, that much he knew: she was leagues stronger than him and his only chance meant ridding him of his own future, which bore no fruit either.

But, there was a chance to escape from the pit. Akira assumed it to be their much more higher security facility, and with that was also the chance they used chakra sealing restraints much like he had faced a few times before. And that, that didn't stop his monstrous strength from working.

But he would be damned to let her have all of that freedom for nothing.

has written 0 posts
There is no easy way from the earth to the starsSept 30, 2021 8:23:59 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG. @akira

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

"Careful...Your Stone is showin...."

Arashi would narrow her eyes as she looked back toward Akira. She could understand why he was upset. In truth, this wasn't what she wanted to do. In fact, it was the last thing she wanted to do...

But of course, he was quick to point out her actions as well. Which in truth, were indeed justified...

If she could, she'd let him run...let him go and be free with whomever it was that was likely waiting for him at port or across the sea by now. To suspect as much was mere theory, but she had a hard time imagining him leaving Iwagakure without the person who's scent seemed to be strongly present on him at this moment. But she wasn't about to let him go and attack her own short comings and flaws without flashing the mirror right back at him.

"Ya wanna talk bout my actions...lets take a closer look at yours! Ya literally go and try and take over your country as it's leader, ya sneak into mine almost on a regular basis, bribe my people to keep your secrets, and take up a form of religion that ya barely follow...OUR friendship...is the only reason ya still alive! I LITERALLY had to do something that I never would have if it weren't for you!"

In saying this, Arashi would frown as she then glared at him.

"I may cause more problems for the actions that I do, and sometimes ya...I did it for the hell of it because I knew it was right! But don't EVER imply that I'm some little girl tryin to get someone's approval! I could care less what half the world thinks of me! Let alone my father! But at the very least, I own up to my mistakes and if I have a problem with somethin..I damn well say it! I try to work on it with others instead of goin it alone! That's your problem! You can't grow the fuck up!"

Crossing her arms over her chest, Arashi would close her eyes as she shook her head.

"I've done nothing but try and help you....every time...every second...I should be looking at you as an enemy but I never once did! It's so easy for you to go and call me a coward and delusional because you've actually convinced yourself that ya only have so many people in your corner...and that here and over there are a wreck..I did too...but the truth is that isn't the case...I have my family...my friends..the people that I know won't let me down...ya used to be one of them...and I realized that me running all the time wouldn't make things better...it would only make them worse...and doing that would make me a coward...even more so than when I can at least keep trying to make things better....you...you just gave up..."

It was a hard pill to swallow..even more so when she realized just how much had changed with Akira. She remembered him as being so strong...so noble...but the actions shown by him of late displayed something far less appealing. She trusted him enough to know that if really wanted to attack, he would. But it would likely prove fruitless as between the two of them, only one had a shield that protected him.

"This isn't rose tinted vision...this is fact...ya may not remember much of what ya did, but considering that it's brought ya right back to doing the same thing says a lot...I can't let you go this time...I want to...but I can't...in my position...I would hope that ya do the same thing...so I'm asking you...to come with me...to the Pits...from there, we can work out somethin...I'm almost certain I can get ya outta there in no more than three months...five tops...but I can't do that if ya don't give up willingly..."
last edit by Oonakayama Arashi on Sept 30, 2021 8:25:21 GMT -5
There is no easy way from the earth to the starsOct 1, 2021 2:42:30 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Her life was perverse with inane accusations, but one that Akira did all have answers for. There was one thing that he had that she did not. Forgiveness. "And I paid for it with my life." He shook his head at the mention of bribe. "It shows me how little you know about the tenets of my belief." if she would've taken the time to learn them beyond her previous vague assertions, everything he had done was in line with the Religion's standard. It was 'do good for the land.' Not 'do good for Iwagakure no Sato.' he had outlived his own home. "And I thank you for it, I could have dealt with it myself." A difficult task, not an impossible one. One that would have set a lot of blood and not something that he personally wanted to do at all.

So for that, he was still thankful for her to doing that dirty work. Now, she had every right to argue and shout her point for Akira's own accusations of immaturity. It wasn't as though he had to believe it, and he did somewhat believe her - she had been a runaway. Just like him.

"I wouldn't be out here if I wasn't, I have everybody I needed at my old home, and yet I stand here. I never gave up - I changed my purpose. You're just as brainwashed if you think the village system is something you have to stand by, no matter what. Your inability to move on shows that enough. You are not mature." What an accusation to make, he had done months of thinking that led to him being out there. It wasn't something he had done on the back of a night of drinking. She was the one imposing some moral value to sticking to her village, and it was not something he would ever see eye to eye with.

But for that, he might've not been imposing to Arashi and certainly to some, he did square up with her in space. He would have never attacked her, and he hoped she didn't feel that way although wouldn't be surprised if she did. "It was so much more to me than trying to be a leader. I tried brokering an alliance myself, to be like those elite Jonin of time that didn't mean mowing down enemies or conquering lands and it wasn't meant to be. You may not believe me, but I died once for my sins and moved on from it."

And his suspicion from a previous time was correct, they'd assaulted his memory again. "And I still forgive you for it, even though I am a Stone. You're just a 'Sand' you can attack my memory but not my integrity, Arashi. There's nobody else here, and here you are talking about sooner 'if I come quietly' like there's someone else watching us - it's just you. You are the one imposing this."

Akira's head nearly swivelled ninety degrees - his ears had picked up something outside the ordinary. He went to grab at his waist for something that was no longer there. He did not know how far away it was. "You are a dear person to me Arashi,"

Akira would turn fully, his back facing her. "Even if you have violated me time and time again," his bag would drop from his arms to a crunch on the floor. "But I will not go quietly." Ultimately, he felt himself more worthy than her of anything in that moment.

Even in spite of a resurrection, even in spite of any former alliance, he was still as devoted to his own way of being or life and trueness to his emotions, even through till death.

Even if that meant to his next death.

has written 0 posts
There is no easy way from the earth to the starsOct 1, 2021 10:05:36 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG. @akira

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

There was hardly anything that seemed to be able to make one side more defensible than the other. After all, each of them had done something to which they believed in their hearts to be right. Perhaps, if they had been able to see it from the other's point of view, things might be different. But that would likely never happen.

They had both made their case, each one standing firm and stubborn in it's value to them, their purpose...

Arashi would narrow her eyes as she allowed her expression to soften. As far as she knew, he was right. There was none other here save for the two of them. No others to spy, no reason for her to go through with this...

But there was this sensation...perhaps off in the back of her mind...a mild tingle as something still lingered out there, something that was not too far off...

As she sniffed at the air, her hand rubbing beneath her nose with a frown, she'd glare toward Akira as she shook her head.

"Ya know theres a flip side to that coin...ya say I attacked your memory, but all I did was repress something that at the time..we both knew was wrong...did it make it right? No...but I can't keep apologizing for that and lettin you have it both ways in your defense...you say that you have forgiveness for me...but in the end...all you do is the same thing over and over again..."

Her voice grew softer as she closed her eyes and then released a breath.

"But I guess...this is it then...the last time..."

In saying this, the girl would smile as she looked toward the sky and laughed.

"Remember that one night...ya thought it was such a great idea to train out in the middle of the desert...despite ya havin not the slightest idea just how to dress? Ya literally fell asleep out in the open...and I spent all that time...just sitting there...lettin ya sleep...protectin ya...I always think on that...and a question ya asked me...if ya had been a Sand shinobi...would things be different..."

Walking passed him, her expression remained calm as she continued to speak.

"I took a long time to come up with an answer...and a lot happened to me to make me look at myself...I guess it was more or less like what happened to you...minus the dying..."

Stopping short, she'd look at Akira as she released a sigh.

"A part of me will always care about you Akira...it never stopped...but if I were to be honest...really honest with myself...even if you had been a Sand shinobi...you'd still be a pain in the ass..."

As a smirk crossed her lips, she'd then look toward the bag and then back at him.

"Ya won't go quietly...I knew that the moment I realized what I would have to do...and I gotta tell ya...it isn't how I wanted our story to end...I...I really wanted us...to change things...between Iwagakure and Sunagakure...that maybe one day...we could do something...but I guess that was just me dreamin too..."

Arashi would then close her eyes before allowing her golden gaze to reveal itself.

"Time to wake up...ya can't run...I'll catch you...you attack...your dead...your options go from standin ya ground, or giving up and letting me do my job...pick one..."
There is no easy way from the earth to the starsOct 1, 2021 11:33:02 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

He listened, more steeled than in previous efforts as he listened to her. Staring out at the rolling hills of sand and the smaller, cracked plains of dried mud, the lack of ambient weather and lightly littered skies of cloud and starry night.

Because of his turned back, he did not catch the Jinchuuriki moving to a more powerful form effortlessly. "I suppose so," Akira began to turn around. He turned to face her, body bracing - what option beyond chakra? Very little. This was going to be a pathetic display, but it was him, and he could continue to be who he was even in the face of a power beyond his. Just as he had done in his previous life.

A spear pierced through his left breast from his back - glimmering in the now moonlight with his own blood, through his collar bone a distinct crack, and then a pull back that pulled Akira away from Arashi by some manner. There wasn't even any time for Akira to consider a counter or even the pain as it happened. An assailant made themselves known, emerging from the very visual plain as though he had always been standing there. Akira was rolled into the Sand, groaning - his first action was to come to a light stand with one knee into the floor, twist at the hip and with his right elbow, separate the wooden pole from the metal head stuck in his body and the rope.

Now he was standing between a rock and a hard place. The would be assassin began to circle around Akira and toward Arashi - and pointed once. "ተሳስተሃል ፣ ከሃዲ [you did wrong, traitor]" and would take a breath - illuminating out a poison smoke toward Arashi.

Akira saw nothing. Instead, nursing a weapon lodged inside his body and losing blood, he had backed off by taking steps as the assassin moved.

Akira thought of trying to escape. Yoko could heal him, that much was easy enough: he knew enough as to not pull out a weapon that potentially kept him from bleeding out, so that was to stay. Practically speaking, he could have run in a direction since he couldn't be sure that Arashi had pointed in the correct one. But, an hour of running versus the Sand stepping Jonin Hancho? An unlikely story.

He could've helped the assailant: but why? He could not fathom a betrayal in that manner and it was dismissed from his mind. The only other option was to help her, and see if she changed her mind. It was a slight chance.

Slight.

As Arashi was dealing with something - Akira watched the man perform handseals, not yet able to make a decision because their sole focus was on Arashi: and then he heard the words. "Be forgotten."

'Oh shit.'

Akira himself did not find himself to be in a technique, and that was not meant for him. This was bad. So bad.

NAME: Nise Dokuso [False Toxin]
CHAKRA USAGE: To Use: Medium | To Maintain: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Genjutsu
ELEMENT: -
HANDSEALS: 0
TRIGGER: Visual
DESCRIPTION:
While the technique is fairly simply technique and is somewhat slow to take true affect, it is useful none the less. The technique is triggered by the user taking a deep breath (although they'll often make a fake handseal before) where they then proceed to blow an illusionary poison from their mouths. This poison is always just quick enough to hit the opponent(s), where the target(s) will then slowly start to feel the effects of the "poison" which range from mild dizziness and weakness and slowly work up to coughing fits that end up with blood coming up and the weakness in their limbs apparently becoming more severe. In reality the target(s) are of course perfectly healthy still.

NAME: Magen: Wasure Rareru [Demonic Illusion: To Be Forgotten]
CHAKRA USAGE: To Use: Very High | To Maintain: Medium
CLASSIFICATION: Genjutsu
HANDSEALS: 10
TRIGGER: Visual/Auditory
DESCRIPTION:
Thought to be one of the most devastating of the demonic illusion series of techniques, upon being caught in the technique (via a held handseal and eye contact or for sole specialist the audio cue "be forgotten") this particular genjutsu causes the target(s) to become chained upon a stone wall in a shallow cave structure; nothing but the rocks around them, a small drip from a single stalactite next to a tiny crack letting in a single ray of sunlight. The only noise to be heard other than the sound of chains on rock is the steady dripping of the water hitting the wet stone floor beneath it.

This technique attempts to trick the opponent's sense of time by speeding up the world around them. It starts off slowly with the first fifteen seconds or so seeming normal, then it changes to make the world play out events as if one second were one minute, then an hour per second, days per second, weeks, months, years. . .

This is done through the three major features in the room. The dripping water, the ray of sunlight and the prisoner's actions. As time seems to speed up the drips of water come down faster and faster. What was only a single drip in the fifteen second span quickly becomes a torrent of drips until it almost looks like a solid stream, but maintains the sound of each individual drip overlapped one another. The ray of light, what some might see as the only proof of an outside world goes from a bright morning shaft of illumination in the darkness to near strobe light flickering to mimic the passing of time.

The final, and perhaps most unsettling for some individuals caught within the technique is the perceived speed of their motions. As time advances at a seemingly more rapid pace, any chained to the stone will see, hear and feel their chests heaving faster and faster as the mere act of their breathing was condensed into shorter and shorter cycles. Any intended movement they tried to make would be seemingly instant, but their muscles constantly feeling a state of soreness; either feeling as if it were sore from not moving for so long or feeling as if they'd been straining against their chains for an unbelievable amount of time depending on their reaction to the genjutsu.

While truly affecting someone's internal clock is impossible with standard genjutsu, the technique instead turns that into a strength to make the target(s) even more unsure of what is real. While for them it might seem as only two or three minutes have gone by, the environment around them quickly shows the ravages of time as if years, decades or even centuries seem to slip by, as the stalactite grows longer and slowly forms a stalagmite below it, as rust creeps along the chains and even the floor begins to show wear from the target's feet moving across its surface.

While it take a long time for the agony of the technique to truly set in, it taps into one of the most basic and primitive fears human beings have, which is the fear to be truly alone. . . to be forgotten to the passage of time.

Needless to say this can cause quite a bit of mental trauma if held for long enough. At the least it would be prove difficult for people without extreme willpower to shake the feeling of isolation and helplessness towards the situation they were in, making it unlikely most shinobi could immediately rejoin a fight. At it's worse though it has the potential to end a shinobi's career should it cause the target to become monophobic. As such a phobia would make many missions all, but impossible.

has written 0 posts
There is no easy way from the earth to the starsOct 1, 2021 12:31:21 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG. @akira

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

It seemed that this was going to end with a struggle. Though how it played out was far different than what Arashi had expected. Within what felt like slow passing moments, a spear seemed to pierce through the side of her Iwagakure target, seeming to then end with a twist that cracked against his collar bone as he was pulled back. The act alone should have very well proceeded to impact her, the spear's length long enough to connect into her own flesh, yet her defense was strong enough to prevent further impact. Of course, her horror was more apparent as she saw her friend fall, her reaction being to try and move toward him, only to halt in seeing the vision of his attacker moving around them.

As he spoke in the tongue of the Saeko, his breath would soon release a blanket of smoke, prompting her to narrow her eyes as she quickly knelt down to throw her palm out as a means to blast it away.

"You'll die for that bastard!"

In hoping to have pushed the supposed poison back, Arashi would hold her ground as she watched the movement of her attacker, reeling her hands back as she then began to create a set of seals as her curse marks began to glow across the surface of her skin.

She could very well get some distance, phase out of and away to get some distance. But if she did, she could very well leave Akira for attack. Something that all her training was telling her to do, but her body would not let her even attempt to put into consideration. She wasn't leaving him...not like this...

Though as if knowing this very well, a single phrase reached her ears just as she had finished the last of her seals, a voice reaching her as what felt like a vibration of stone began to rise up from beneath the ground, a force pushing her back as she felt her arms and legs begin to be chained against a hardened slab of rock. Struggling, her eyes would narrow as she attempted to break free, her strength failing her as she soon found herself in a place that was unfamiliar.

The heat of the sun seemed to be gone, a ever reaching cold taking it's place...

Gotta get out...I gotta get out

Trapped within the mind influenced jutsu, the seal on her forehead would remain as she seemed to have completed it with enough time. Yet, it would take some time to activate as she struggled against being within a state of torment. Trapped in a changing hell of time. Unable to move, unable to do anything.

Come on...come on

-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-

NAME: Fūton: Reppūshō [Wind Release: Gale Palm]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
ELEMENT: Fūton
DESCRIPTION:
After charging Fūton chakra into one's hands, the caster will clap their hands to initiate this technique. The clap causes the Fūton to compress and transform into a powerful gale. The gale itself has enough force to knock a human off of their feet; however, this technique's true power shows when used in correlation with shuriken, as it increases the wounding, piercing, and killing potential several times over.

NAME: Futaishō Shīru [Genjutsu Intolerance Seal]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Fūinjutsu
HANDSEALS: 3
DESCRIPTION:
This Seal requires 3 hand signs to perform and must be applied to the head of the target/person in question. Once in place the seal links itself directly to the persons mind and sustains itself by altering the flow of chakra to go through it. The seal activates if any foreign chakra or influence affects the chakra around the brain causing the person in question to suffer a shot lived if not inconsiderable jolt of pain by shocking nearby nerves. This seal serves as an effective means to inform the individual if he is under a genjutsu and can dispel genjutsu techniques by means of the moderate pain it causes. This seal must be placed on a person prior to a genjutsu attack to be effective and thus is of limited use once battle commences. It does not cost any chakra to maintain due to the seal being largely dormant most of the time.

There is no easy way from the earth to the starsOct 1, 2021 16:15:43 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

She was caught in it, and that made her dangerously vulnerable.

The assailant revealed another dagger, and with that dagger a fairly huge silhouette of chakra formed around it. It looked strong.

Enough distance had been created that Akira himself would not make it. Akira knew her shield would work for her; he had seen it in action more than enough. Could he take those odds? Had he not broke through it himself in time past? He did not know.

Akira began to run. Or, amble quickly towards an impending fate. Hobbling, even. The large silhouette around the weapon grew stronger; the chakra manifested around it turning a great and deep cerulean - thrumming with the power of the sage of six paths, and Akira understood what he needed to do.

Shunshin.

And to that end, it was at the beginning of the end. Akira appeared in front of the assailant and in front of Arashi - body blocking the man and turning him on his ass by way of shoulder push with his strong side. They went over him and landed squarely on the floor, but that didn't come without its own problems - the initial dagger itself found its way into Akira's kidney.

Spear and mock handle held in his hand, or what was left as it had been pulled from the front of his body and held in his strong arm. The man would knock it back, and with a burst of chakra steam coalesced off his body and through the assailant and into the floor, that his forearm was buried within the midst of his chest, and sand underneath the body and nearly his throat - blood mixed with one another. Now on his knees.

Turns out he could have still used Steam ninjutsu. But it was never meant to be.

The moment it had happened, Akira knew. Knew - felt it in his mortal coil like his own fibre being chipped at, turning to dust. One part of him knew that he would be at peace soon - his soul weaning for what was to be. The rest of his life that he had been given, and yet that same mortal fragment squandered it. Jihi only knew all too well: the person he had chosen was fatally human. As were all of them. He did not know that Arashi would have released herself from the technique, because he was shortly going to come to a stand and release her from it, slowly and desperately forming handseals. But that was not necessary.

Although in great pain, gently Akira wept.

has written 0 posts
There is no easy way from the earth to the starsOct 1, 2021 17:40:11 GMT -5
Oonakayama Arashi
Oonakayama Arashi Avatar
groupSand Shinobi

TAG. @akira

WORDS. xxx

NOTES:

While it may have been only a few moments with the events happening before her, Arashi was unaware of the time as it felt like hours. The passage seeming to come through day and night, dawn and dusk sweeping over her as she prepared to release the seal upon her forehead, the shock jolting across her nerves as her vision began to clear instantly. The pain was enough to bring her back, but at that point, the horror of what laid before her seemed to have happened.

With her looking toward the bleeding and slowly fading form of Akira, her eyes grew wide as she quickly moved toward him, seeing the seals begin formed by his hands, his attempt to try and break her free. Though not too far, there also laid the assassin. Though with him clearly dead, her attention remained focused on Akira as she quickly put her hand down upon his own, attempting to stop him from completing the seal.

"Hey hey hey...don't do that....shit...Akira what the shit?...."

Looking over him, she'd try her best to examine him, seeing the injuries and his fading form as her eyes seemed to try and look and think at the same time.

"Okay...its gonna be okay...We just need...we need something...anything...oh shit...what the hell were ya thinkin? Why did you do that?!"

It was easier at first to blame him for his actions. After all, she was more than able to get out of the trap, and her defenses would have protected her. Something that she thought that Akira knew..though that did not seem to be the case.

"You...you didn't have to..."
-S.A Used-
Ultimate Defense

-Jutsu Used-