Beach time! [Team 2 - Training]

compose a reply
Beach time! [Team 2 - Training]Oct 11, 2021 14:15:48 GMT -5
Hōzuki Kyōka
In this world, the weak are the sustenance of the strong. The strong live, the weak die
Hōzuki Kyōka Avatar
groupnull
age 33 years old birthday June 18 rank Elite Jounin occupation Genin Team Leader (Team 2)
We are violence

If anything, those brats were no stranger to tenacity and hard work. From what Kyouka had been hearing, they had been causing quite a bit of noise around the village, getting extra training from their former academy instructor, as well as the Mizukage himself, which was something rather odd, but perhaps understandable considering the young age of the current leader of the village, a thing Kyouka herself thought it was beyond preposterous, but had to play it nice for now.

Still, Kasumi and Kazue were far below her standards, and it was about time to give them some extra motivation for achieving excellency, after all, when your life is at stake, you either do your very best, or die. Quite simple, isn't it? Well, she had sent them a letter to meet her by the southern gates, without further explanation. She would greet them in her oddly energetic and upbeat way and tell them to follow her for a special training, but without providing further details, and even if they insisted, she was adamant in keeping the surprise.

It wasn't long since they departed the Hidden Mist that rain started to fall. At first, it was but a gentle drizzle of late fall, but within less than half-hour, it became pouring rain, soon to be joined by thunderclap and lightning colouring the skies. Her violet eyes reflected on the same colour lightning and they were glowing in what seemed like excitement as they approached a cliff leading to the ocean.

Kyouka would get very close to the edge of the cliff, and they all could see how violently the waves were crashing against the rocks, with enough force to easily kill a regular civilian. But they were made of tougher materials, were they not? Turning to her Genin, with a large smile on her face, showing her pearly fangs, she finally explained what they were doing there. "I recall that you two did not master the water walking technique, ain't that right? Well, we will try to fix some of that today! Hehe!" she said with a playful wink. "Now... From the academy reports Asuka-chan was so kind to share with me, seems like Kasumi-chan knows the Act of Tree Climbing already, but I found nothing of sorts on your records... Have you not yet learned how to do that, Kazue-chan?" she asked, placing her index on her lower lip, with a slightly amused expression on her face.

and this is hell

made by eden @ gs and thq
Ren has written 284 posts
Beach time! [Team 2 - Training]Oct 12, 2021 16:09:45 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
A true justice must be served.
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday Feburary 22nd rank Chuunin occupation

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE
There is only one path left to take.

Kasumi had been a busy bee lately, that much was certainly true. Between becoming friends with the Mizukage himself, training with Asuka, and the few different missions she had under her belt... well, things were moving. She still sucked completely at training alone, though. The very idea of it was a challenge for her. She lost direction and purpose when she was left to her own devices.

So, when she got the letter from her instructor to meet at the south gate, she was more than happy to get there and on time.

Kyoka was as cheerful as ever, and Kasumi wasn't sure how to reply to it other than a casual hello. Last time they met, their instructor kicked the crap out of her. Which was more than fine with the genin. She learned the fastest when the lesson was literally beaten into her thick skull. It was like a match made in heaven. As they walked, and the rain started, Kasumi only frowned, looking at the sky.

"Are you going to teach us some badass jutsu? Like how to make it rain and throw lightning at people?" That would certainly be cool. "Bah. Whatever it is, I'm sure it'll be useful."

A half truth. There were just a ton of useless jutsu out there. Some she didn't care to learn. When they finally did arrive at the cliff, with lightning flashing and thunder roaring, the teacher made it clear what she'd be learning.

"...eh? Water walking? Are you, uh, sure this is the right kind of... situation for that?"

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Kasumi has become known for her strange chakara form. When in a dire situation, she is capable of releasing her chakra, which in turn takes a strange color unlike the normal blue color of chakra, and takes the form of a demonic cat figure. She is then enveloped in a demon shroud.

This ability grants her a fierce looking aura, that may come off as intimidating and a tenacity to push beyond their normal limits physically- when this mode is activated, Kasumi is harder to knock out or kill and will generally fight for longer than a normal body is capable of.

Keeping this ability active has a medium drain on Kasumi's chakara.

Kenjutsu Training:
Since a young age, Kasumi has felt the weight of a sword in her hands. She's practiced combat with swords, and is able to compete with some of the best sword users around. That said, people who lack training with a sword or intensive Taijutsu tend to be overwhelmed by her skill.

Jutsu used:

Bloo has written 496 posts
Beach time! [Team 2 - Training]Oct 18, 2021 23:53:12 GMT -5
Kaguya Kazue
If you're not bleeding, you aren't trying hard enough.
Kaguya Kazue Avatar
groupnull
age 19 years old birthday November 30th rank Advanced Genin occupation
[nospaces]
[attr="class","laycake"]
[attr="class","laycake-top"]
[attr="class","laycake-top-slant-1"]

[attr="class","laycake-top-slant-2"]

[attr="class","laycake-top-img"]

[attr="class","laycake-top-icon"][attr="class","th th-skull"]

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric"]FADED

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric-2"]TELL ME THAT I LOOK JUST LIKE A MAN

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric-4"]touch me, taste me, tell me i'm not

[attr="class","laycake-mid"]

[attr="class","laycake-icon"]

[attr="class","laycake-lyric"]cause lately baby I've been going crazy

[attr="class","laycake-mid-1"]
[attr="class","laycake-tag-1"]
[attr="class","laycake-tag"]

chucky vs. the giant tortoise dance gavin dance

[attr="class","laycake-mid-2"]

Kazue had made his way to the southern gates of Kirigakure as soon as he had received the letter, though it did take a few minutes to read. Even when she was pressed for more details about what they would be doing today, she would only tell them that she was taking them to do some special training, and wouldn't give them any further details. Kazue would wave slightly and say a greeting when they arrived, and then begin walking with them as he surveyed their surroundings on the trail. Kazue didn't really mind the rain all too much on their trek; it was normally raining around Kirigakure. But as they were walking through the pouring rain, he did wonder what their sensei was up to. Special training that she wanted to keep a surprise... there was something foreboding about it. He heard Kasumi ask if they were going to learn some really cool jutsu, but he didn't hold his breath.[break][break]They arrived at a cliffside overlooking a restless, thrashing ocean, and then he looked at Kyouka. Oh, fuck. And me, without my trunks, he thought to himself as their sensei asked if they hadn't learned the water-walking technique, obviously connecting that she wanted them to try that on the waters below after she asked. Even Kasumi seemed nervous about it, asking if this was the right situation for them to be learning it. And then, further, she said that Kasumi had learned the tree-climbing technique, but said his school records that Asuka had provided didn't have any mention of him learning the same technique. He looked at her, his lips forming a line as his eyes narrowed. "...yeah. That's right. I haven't learned it yet. I tried, but... I think the Shikotsumyaku makes it... kind of hard," he said. He was naturally heavier, having a dense bone structure. He could move around the way he could because of the fact that he was born with such a thing. He was a little less than enthusiastic talking about it, but facts were facts. He scowled and tucked his hands into his pockets as he waited. Today was going to be killer, that was for sure.[break][break]

[attr="class","laycake-lyric-2"]trying not to be an embarrassment

[attr="class","laycake-overlay"]

[googlefont=Kumar+One+Outline:400]
[googlefont=Abril+Fatface:400]
[googlefont=Roboto:400,700]
[newclass=.laycake]margin:25px 0px;width:600px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;background-color:#e9e9e9; }.laycake-top { border-bottom:solid 2px #000000;border-top:solid 2px #000000;width:600px;height:250px;background-color:#b09494;position:relative;overflow:hidden;text-shadow:.75px .75px 0px #000000, .75px 0px 0px #000000, 0px .75px 0px #000000, -.75px 0px 0px #000000, 0px -.75px 0px #000000, -.75px .75px 0px #000000, .75px -.75px 0px #000000, -.75px -.75px 0px #000000; }
.laycake-top-slant-1 { position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;margin-top:100px;border-left:solid 250px #ffffff;border-bottom:solid 75px #ffffff;border-top:solid 75px transparent;border-right:solid 250px transparent; }.laycake-top-slant-2 { position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;border-right:solid 250px #bd3939;border-bottom:solid 125px #bd3939;border-top:solid 125px transparent;border-left:solid 250px transparent;margin-left:150px; }.laycake-top-img { height:250px;width:650px;background-image:url(https://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/17/61/09/29/kazue_14.jpg);mix-blend-mode:multiply;position:absolute;z-index:1; }
.laycake-top-icon { font-size:170px;line-height:170px;text-align:right;width:570px;margin-top:35px;position:absolute;color:#bd3939; }.laycake-top-lyric { position:absolute;font:60px Kumar One Outline;color:#eeeeee;letter-spacing:6.9px;z-index:2;line-height:60px;text-align:right;width:548px;margin-top:100px; }.laycake-top-lyric-2 { margin:160px 0px 0px 66px;background-color:#000000;position:absolute;z-index:2;padding:10px 0px 10px 5px;width:465px;text-align:center;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:4.45px; }.laycake-top-lyric-2 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#bd3939; }.laycake-top-lyric-3 { font:112px Kumar One Outline;position:absolute;z-index:2;letter-spacing:-4px;line-height:126px;color:#eeeeee;text-align:right;width:540px;margin-top:100px; }.laycake-top-lyric-4 { background:linear-gradient(to right,rgba(0,0,0,0),rgba(0,0,0,0),rgba(0,0,0,1));color:#eeeeee!important;text-shadow:none;font:10px Abril Fatface;text-transform:uppercase;padding:10px;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:3px;color:#eeeeee;width:515px;text-align:right;margin-top:50px;position:absolute;z-index:2; }.laycake-top-lyric-4 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#bd3939;line-height:10px; }.laycake-mid { border-bottom:solid 2px #000000;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/WvBL93G/Aist-Firre.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top left; }.laycake-mid table { border-spacing:0px; }.laycake-icon { height:100px;width:100px;position:absolute;margin:-35px 0px 0px -15px;z-index:10;border:solid 2px #000000;padding:13px;border-radius:100%;background-color:#eeeeee; }.laycake-icon img { height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%; }.laycake-lyric { background-color:#000000;padding:15px 13px 15px 25px;display:inline-block;margin:35px 35px 35px 95px;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2.6px;white-space:nowrap; }.laycake-mid-1 { padding:0px 35px 110px 35px; }.laycake-mid-2 { font:12px Roboto;padding-left:30px;padding:0px 25px 0px 40px;text-align:justify;color:#222222;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #e9e9e9; }.laycake-mid-2 b { color:#bd3939; }.laycake-mid-2 i { color:#888888; }.laycake-tag { margin-top:75px;letter-spacing:1px;font:10px Abril Fatface;text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;line-height:10px;transform:rotate(-90deg);background-color:#bd3939;padding:15px;transform-origin:0px 0px;position:absolute; }.laycake-tag a { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#eeeeee!important;text-decoration:none; }.laycake-lyric-2 { background-color:#000000;padding:15px;float:right;margin:-75px 35px 0px 105px;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2px; }.laycake-lyric b, .laycake-lyric-2 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#bd3939; }.laycake-overlay { height:300px;width:80px;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/WnfdXNC/AisFire.png);mix-blend-mode:multiply;[/newclass]
last edit by Kaguya Kazue on Oct 18, 2021 23:54:01 GMT -5
Kyte has written 182 posts
Beach time! [Team 2 - Training]Oct 19, 2021 9:38:43 GMT -5
Hōzuki Kyōka
In this world, the weak are the sustenance of the strong. The strong live, the weak die
Hōzuki Kyōka Avatar
groupnull
age 33 years old birthday June 18 rank Elite Jounin occupation Genin Team Leader (Team 2)
We are violence

Was that fear she was sensing? The jolt of pleasure from witnessing that sensation on Kasumi made her feel butterflies on her stomach. Although subtle, as the Genin girl was trying to keep her shit together, she could see a sense of hopelessness that came with the shocking news that she would indeed be either learning the jutsu, or dying a horrible death, smashed against the cliff by the merciless waves. Kyouka's expression, however, hid any pleasure she was experiencing with that situation, and instead only showed the same, carefree smile she usually keeps on her face.

"I'm confident this method of training is efficient, Kasumi-chan! I have a hundred percent learning rate for the jutsu from all the people who make it through the training, isn't that great?!" she said, as she held her hands together near her face, tilting her head a bit, in what seemed like a wicked cute expression. Kyouka just nicely said that if you learn the jutsu, you don't die. Simple like that, horrible like that.

Then, her violet eyes rested upon Kazue, who for a change reached a quite smart conclusion. "Ohh? There's activity there and I like it!" she said as she poked his head with her index finger. "Fancy to finally meet you, Kazue-chan's brain! Hihihi!" she said in a teasing tone before folding her arms just beneath her last breasts.

"But all you need to do is adjust, Kazue-chan... You need to have better chakra control, and to do that, you need to be aware of your feet, and be able to properly dose the amount of chakra and suction you are using when attempting to keep yourself attached to a wall. Because of that, I think the cliff would be better... You can use more chakra, which would normally break the bark of a tree, but once you master it, adapting to different surfaces is easy!" she explained, before pausing briefly to turn back to Kasumi.

"As for you, things are easier because you already know the tree climbing technique. The main difference is that you need to use more chakra and rotate it a bit faster, so it can generate enough energy to make the water below you able to sustain the weight of your body. Easy like that!" she said, sagely nodding as if the explanation was completely flawless. "In any case, I will be here to give you tips as you go, but I will not save you if you get yourself into trouble!" and as she said that, her expression finally changed.

Kyouka narrowed her eyes, and her normally cheery expression became grim, almost cruel. "Forget the stupid lessons you learned at that academy, children... In this world, the weak are the sustenance of the strong. The strong live, the weak die. That's the words that guided me through this life... The only real question here today is: are you weak or are you strong? Prove it." her words were cold, without the normal kind tone. Then, without further ado, Kyouka would aim to grab Kasumi and Kazue through their necks, her grip was something out of this world, powerful, unbreakable, but she was not aiming to choke them.

Then, she would throw Kazue first, basically just drop him a few inches away from the cliff, but Kasumi didn't need to be that close, so Kyouka would launch her a good forty feet away from the cliff. "Claim your place among the strong!" were her last words as she would watch the kids falling down the cliff.

and this is hell

Beach time! [Team 2 - Training]Oct 20, 2021 9:48:52 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

Kasumi wasn't really buying into her instructors explanation that this was completely necessary, but she didn't get to choose her teacher. No, that was picked out for her. So as Kyoka went on explaining the strong and the weak, Kasumi only removed her jacket, throwing it on a nearby branch with her sword. The wind was vicious and cold, but Kasumi didn't mind it.

"You say 100% success... but didn't you say we're the first team you're training?" Kasumi kept her suspicious eye on her teacher, but it was clear she was willing to go ahead as soon as she was told to.

Instead, a hand grabbed her and held her. Kasumi didn't struggle, but kept her eyes jumping between Kazue and Kyoka. That lucky bastard didn't even have to go into the water! Tree climbing was easy!

"Oi! I can go on my own-" no chance to argue though, as the next thing she knew Kasumi was soaring towards the water. Just how freaking strong WAS her teacher? A small scream from Kasumi got quieter and quieter until there was a lout crash in the water, splashing high just in time to be swallowed by a massive wave.

Then the fight was on. Kasumi struggled to swim to the surface, gasping for a few breaths in between the massive waves. She'd quickly try to focus her chakara, getting slightly on the waters surface until a wave hit and she was back to swimming.

She was not a natural at this.

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Kasumi has become known for her strange chakara form. When in a dire situation, she is capable of releasing her chakra, which in turn takes a strange color unlike the normal blue color of chakra, and takes the form of a demonic cat figure. She is then enveloped in a demon shroud.

This ability grants her a fierce looking aura, that may come off as intimidating and a tenacity to push beyond their normal limits physically- when this mode is activated, Kasumi is harder to knock out or kill and will generally fight for longer than a normal body is capable of.

Kenjutsu Training:
Since a young age, Kasumi has felt the weight of a sword in her hands. She's practiced combat with swords, and is able to compete with some of the best sword users around. That said, people who lack training with a sword or intensive Taijutsu tend to be overwhelmed by her skill.

Jutsu used:

last edit by Kasumi Momochi on Oct 20, 2021 9:49:12 GMT -5
Beach time! [Team 2 - Training]Oct 27, 2021 0:19:38 GMT -5
Kaguya Kazue
Kaguya Kazue Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]
[attr="class","laycake"]

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric"]MIZERABLE

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric-2"]I LOVED YOU TOO MUCH AND YOU ARE NOW ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WALL laughing softly

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric-4"]around and round... in the time left behind, I am now

[attr="class","laycake-lyric"]Falling deeply into an almost forgotten dream[break]I am now Les Miserables

mizerable gackt

Oh, fuck... Kazue repeated to himself in his mind as all of the dots were connecting a little too quickly for comfort. Kasumi had voiced her concerns about the training they were about to go through, and Kyouka responded with a... less than a satisfying statistic. Kasumi responded by saying that she thought they were the first team Kyouka had trained. "Fuck that. She said for all the people that make it." Then Kyouka started poking him in the head and complimenting him for having a brain at all. He gave her a dry expression of irritation. "Well, don't blink. He doesn't usually stay for long..." he muttered as Kyouka continued with an explanation. She told him that his added weight didn't matter, he just needed to adjust the chakra for it. She recommended the cliff face because the chakra shouldn't split the rocks. "Oh, joy..." he said dryly.[break][break]Kyouka went on to explain that Kasumi would have an easier time during this lesson because she already had experience with tree climbing. Kyouka left them little time to try and absorb the information, grabbing them after taking a bit of a frightening tone and telling them that the strong survived and the weak died. Wait- Kazue felt his adrenaline pumping. Something dangerous was about to happen. He started forming chakra to pop a technique from the Shikotsumyaku. He had no chance of winning, but fighting was better than dying from being thrown off the cliff. Unfortunately, Kyouka didn't give him an opportunity to make an attack at her as he was thrown. He hoped she was underestimating his weight, but she already knew what to expect from him in that area. He went flying over the edge of the cliff and began falling down towards the waves. His chakra was already flaring, and he shouted. "Yanagi no Mai!" Blades sprung forth from his palms, knees, elbows, and feet. He speared one hand into the side of the cliff and came to a stop, his face and body smacking against the rock wall. It wasn't too bad, he had thought quickly for this technique. But it was still jarring as he hung there, gathering his bearings. "Is she actually trying to kill us?" he asked aloud, before seeing Kasumi flying overhead. He watched her fall. "Kasumi!" he shouted. But that was all he could do. He gritted his teeth. He was a little worried; cats didn't do good with water, after all. But he had enough to worry about right now. He looked up at the lip of the cliff face a few meters up. He had a feeling he wasn't allowed to come up unless he was walking normally. He grumbled and started channeling his chakra into his feet.[break][break]

[attr="class","laycake-lyric-2"]my feelings will never reach you... I'll put them in a sigh

[newclass=.laycake]margin:25px 0px;width:600px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;background-color:#e9e9e9; }.laycake-top { border-bottom:solid 2px #000000;border-top:solid 2px #000000;width:600px;height:250px;background-color:#b09494;position:relative;overflow:hidden;text-shadow:.75px .75px 0px #000000, .75px 0px 0px #000000, 0px .75px 0px #000000, -.75px 0px 0px #000000, 0px -.75px 0px #000000, -.75px .75px 0px #000000, .75px -.75px 0px #000000, -.75px -.75px 0px #000000; }
.laycake-top-slant-1 { position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;margin-top:100px;border-left:solid 250px #ffffff;border-bottom:solid 75px #ffffff;border-top:solid 75px transparent;border-right:solid 250px transparent; }.laycake-top-slant-2 { position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;border-right:solid 250px #bd3939;border-bottom:solid 125px #bd3939;border-top:solid 125px transparent;border-left:solid 250px transparent;margin-left:150px; }.laycake-top-img { height:250px;width:650px;background-image:url(https://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/17/61/09/29/kazue_14.jpg);mix-blend-mode:multiply;position:absolute;z-index:1; }
.laycake-top-icon { font-size:170px;line-height:170px;text-align:right;width:570px;margin-top:35px;position:absolute;color:#bd3939; }.laycake-top-lyric { position:absolute;font:60px Kumar One Outline;color:#eeeeee;letter-spacing:6.9px;z-index:2;line-height:60px;text-align:right;width:548px;margin-top:100px; }.laycake-top-lyric-2 { margin:160px 0px 0px 66px;background-color:#000000;position:absolute;z-index:2;padding:10px 0px 10px 5px;width:465px;text-align:center;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:4.45px; }.laycake-top-lyric-2 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#bd3939; }.laycake-top-lyric-3 { font:112px Kumar One Outline;position:absolute;z-index:2;letter-spacing:-4px;line-height:126px;color:#eeeeee;text-align:right;width:540px;margin-top:100px; }.laycake-top-lyric-4 { background:linear-gradient(to right,rgba(0,0,0,0),rgba(0,0,0,0),rgba(0,0,0,1));color:#eeeeee!important;text-shadow:none;font:10px Abril Fatface;text-transform:uppercase;padding:10px;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:3px;color:#eeeeee;width:515px;text-align:right;margin-top:50px;position:absolute;z-index:2; }.laycake-top-lyric-4 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#bd3939;line-height:10px; }.laycake-mid { border-bottom:solid 2px #000000;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/WvBL93G/Aist-Firre.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top left; }.laycake-mid table { border-spacing:0px; }.laycake-icon { height:100px;width:100px;position:absolute;margin:-35px 0px 0px -15px;z-index:10;border:solid 2px #000000;padding:13px;border-radius:100%;background-color:#eeeeee; }.laycake-icon img { height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%; }.laycake-lyric { background-color:#000000;padding:15px 13px 15px 25px;display:inline-block;margin:35px 35px 35px 95px;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2.6px;white-space:nowrap; }.laycake-mid-1 { padding:0px 35px 110px 35px; }.laycake-mid-2 { font:12px Roboto;padding-left:30px;padding:0px 25px 0px 40px;text-align:justify;color:#222222;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #e9e9e9; }.laycake-mid-2 b { color:#bd3939; }.laycake-mid-2 i { color:#888888; }.laycake-tag { margin-top:75px;letter-spacing:1px;font:10px Abril Fatface;text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;line-height:10px;transform:rotate(-90deg);background-color:#bd3939;padding:15px;transform-origin:0px 0px;position:absolute; }.laycake-tag a { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#eeeeee!important;text-decoration:none; }.laycake-lyric-2 { background-color:#000000;padding:15px;float:right;margin:-75px 35px 0px 105px;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2px; }.laycake-lyric b, .laycake-lyric-2 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#bd3939; }.laycake-overlay { height:300px;width:80px;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/WnfdXNC/AisFire.png);mix-blend-mode:multiply;[/newclass]
Beach time! [Team 2 - Training]Oct 28, 2021 11:14:05 GMT -5
Hōzuki Kyōka
Hōzuki Kyōka Avatar
groupnull
We are violence

Kyouka chuckled at Kasumi's words. "You guys are the first Genin team that I've trained, however I have trained people before back when I was a hunter-nin, and as a member of the Seven Swordsmen. And like I said, they would either succeed completely, or die." she said, chuckling a tad bit more as she threw them both off the cliff. "Game on, brats! Let's see if you are worth anything after all." she thought to himself, feeling that thrill inside her core. Part of her was almost wishing that one of them would fail and just struggle for air until their lungs were filled with water as their bodies slowly sunk to the bottom of the ocean, but that would mean she failed, and that she would have to walk into the Mizukage's office and face him, and that was something that she wasn't going to do. Hence, she would have to keep the brats alive.

The first one to act was Kazue, who was throw closer to the cliff, and hence didn't fly away for as long. He used his Kekkei Genkai to prevent himself from falling further down, and as he did that, Kyouka stared at him from the cliff. "I don't want you to use your Kekkei Genkai to climb, Kazue-chan. Don't make me break your bones again, okay? It breaks my heart to do that! Hihihi!" and despite her words, she didn't seem to feel bad at all for doing that. "I would not worry about her right now. Focus the chakra on your feet. You need to use it to attach yourself to the rock. Take into account the water too, otherwise you might slip and fall!" she warned him before turning her violet eyes to her other student.

Kasumi, was she already expected, was doing a bit better, and managed to somewhat create enough resistance that she could climb onto the water briefly, but a wave came and disrupted her focus. "Kasumi-chan! You need to be able to keep the focus even under duress! Otherwise, how will you be able to use these techniques mid combat? You known when people are so fast they can walk on water? It's not that different! Your chakra needs to rotate fast enough to create that resistance! Come on!" at the very least she still seemed interested in coaching them.

and this is hell

Beach time! [Team 2 - Training]Nov 7, 2021 8:37:26 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

Kasumi was struggling still. Swimming abover the surface just long enough to get dragged down by another wave. Her sensei was shouting advice to her, but listening to the advice did little to help Kasumi's focus. She was trying to breathe, swim, listen, watch for waves, and focus her chakara. None of this was easy.

"I KNOW!" She shouted back, her frustration clear. This was something that high level ninja could do. If she wanted to progress ever, she would have to master this. If she wanted to be useful to the village something like this would need to be not only learned, but mastered.

When she thought of it like that, she was actually thankful for her teachers rough training style.

A newfound determination, Kasumi would put a hand on the water, meeting resistance as she focused her chakara. She pushed against the surface of the water, pulling herself up as she channeled chakara to her feet.

"I can do this..." She grumbled, standing shakily. A wave hit her and for a moment Kasumi flared her chakara. A mistake. She fell about a foot into the water, up to her knees nearly, before she regathered her focus and stopped her head from going under. Her face was steeled in focus now. It wasn't completely unlike the tree walking exercise.

"Come on..." the next wave was more sudden, knocking her forward into the water again. She hadn't quite got it yet, but her sensei would clearly be able to tell that Kasumi was far from giving up.

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Kenjutsu Training:

Jutsu used:

Beach time! [Team 2 - Training]Nov 25, 2021 1:31:38 GMT -5
Kaguya Kazue
Kaguya Kazue Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]
[attr="class","laycake"]

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric-2"]I LOVED YOU TOO MUCH AND YOU ARE NOW ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WALL laughing softly

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric-4"]around and round... in the time left behind, I am now

[attr="class","laycake-lyric"]Falling deeply into an almost forgotten dream[break]I am now Les Miserables

mizerable gackt

Kazue attempted to stay focused on the task at hand, touching his face briefly after the initial pain of hitting the cliff wall with it. It definitely felt different from getting punched in the face, though it wasn't too far from the pain he felt with the stronger people he had fought. But he refocused. Kyouka looked down at him and confirmed his suspicions that she didn't want him to climb using his clan's talents, threatening to break his bones and saying that she would be hurt if she had to do it. "Yeah, you seem real fuckin' hung up about it," he grumbled, giving her a resentful retort before trying to maintain the chakra he was channeling into his feet. She also told him not to worry about Kasumi and gave him some advice on how to go about climbing the wall... though it didn't make any sense to him. She started calling down advice to Kasumi. So she was still alive; for the moment, at least. Well, her training was just the advanced portion of this one, right? Nothing she shouldn't be able to handle. He didn't deny a bit of a snicker when he heard her aggravated tone being carried up by the wind. He pushed the chakra through his feet and tried to plant them onto the cliffside. They touched for a moment before his feet kicked off of the cliffside. He felt the bone shift in the cliffside momentarily as he found his leverage again, making a surprised gasp. That was one way to get the heart pumping. He returned his gaze up to Kyouka. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?! Do I need to press harder? Am I trying to get the chakra to suck my feet into the wall or something? I'm about as confused as the first time the teachers pushed this shit on me..."[break][break] [break][break]

NAME: Yanagi no Mai [Dance of the Willow][break]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low[break]
CLASSIFICATION: Taijutsu // Kekkei Genkai[break]
ELEMENT: N/A[break]
DESCRIPTION:[break]
The user will grow eight long, thin, pointed bone blades from their body to use as weapons. There isn't any set form for the Dance of the Willow, much like a willow that is shaken by the wind, the opponent's attacks are simply parried and countered with extremely uncoordinated movements. The hardened bones are easily capable of cleaving through flesh and other bone. The bones will protrude from the palms of the user's hands, elbows, knees, and shoulders. This dance form is incredibly acrobatic, using spins, charges, and long sweeping slashes to make the strikes more effective and to evade opponents' counter strikes. The user can extend the bones from sixty centimeters to a meter in a half in length.[break][break]

NAME: Karamatsu no Mai [Dance of the Larch][break]
A primarily defensive technique, the user will instantly extend up to two dozen short, sharp-pointed bones. The bones can be used to block or trap an opponent's strikes. Often the stronger the opponent's physical attack, the more powerful the counterattack is the worse they maim themselves by the surprise defense. The sudden appearance of the bones, combined with the needle-like bones high killing ability, makes way for a technique which potential his high for battle. In addition to being an unwelcome surprise for opponents, it makes the user virtually, physically untouchable at close range. If an opponent gets too close for comfort, the user can simply start spinning rapidly, turning themselves into a razor-sharp shredding machine.

[attr="class","laycake-lyric-2"]my feelings will never reach you... I'll put them in a sigh

Beach time! [Team 2 - Training]Nov 25, 2021 10:29:17 GMT -5
Hōzuki Kyōka
Hōzuki Kyōka Avatar
groupnull
We are violence

Kazue was not the brightest, so she would have to explain it more properly so he could understand, but not before rolling her violet eyes in their orbits, mildly annoyed. "Now I know why I hate training people." she thought to herself, before walking on the cliffside using the very technique she was trying to teach Kazue without even having to think about it. "Kazue-chan, see how easy it is? It is a basic technique, truly... If you mastered other jutsu, this should be piece of cake!" she said with a smile on her face before sighing and touching her lower lip with her index finger, pondering about it for a second, and then she nodded.

"Yes, you want to rotate the chakra on your feet to suck it into the wall. But don't go too hard or you might just break the surface! You need to dose the amount of chakra, because you also do not want that to impede on your ability to fight and use other techniques! Alright?!" she asked, before turning her eyes to Kasumi.

The girl was doing a better job at grasping the concept of the technique. "Doing good there, Kasumi-chan! Just don't forget to take into account the change in the water! You need to adjust the rotation of your chakra whenever a wave is coming your way, as it changes how much resistance it needs! If you learn it in a storm, imagine just how easy it will be when you have to fight on a lake, uh? Isn't it great?! Hihihi!" she said on her normal cheery tone.

and this is hell

Beach time! [Team 2 - Training]Dec 4, 2021 11:21:29 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

Kyouka was giving advice, which was shockingly useful of her, but Kasumi was having more than a little trouble focusing on what her teacher was saying. It would have been much more helpful if they went over this before the deadly training exercise. That wasn't the teaching method though, it seemed.

At least the cow was right about this being easier during a fight if she learned it now.

Kasumi pulled herself up, clenching her jaw tightly as she was on shakey footing above the water. Rotating her chakara and keeping above the cold waves. This seemed like it was possible, even with the waves coming.

"Oh what the Hell..?" Kasumi couldn't stop the words as she saw the approaching massive wave. It was twice her height, and powerful.

They had to do this during a storm, didn't they?

Kasumi sunk only slightly in the water, staring at the monster wave with determination. As it hit her, there was a moment where it seemed like she was going to be able to stand through it... but she was quickly swallowed by the water, and the powerful wave carried her all the way back to the cliff she was hurled from.

As the wave hit the rock, Kasumi splattered against the hard surface like a bug, a few feet below where Kazue was. She let out a rough grunt of pain. Bruised ribs, at the least. She held onto the wall for a few moments, to catch her breath.

"Making any progress, Bonehead?"

Way too casual for someone clinging to the rocks for dear life.

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Kenjutsu Training:

Large Chakra Reserves:
Kasumi was born with higher than average chakara reserves, letting her use more chakara and jutsu without being exhausted. A natural gift from her lineage. She has learned how to properly take advantage of these reserves.

Jutsu used:

Beach time! [Team 2 - Training]Dec 7, 2021 17:04:54 GMT -5
Kaguya Kazue
Kaguya Kazue Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]
[attr="class","laycake"]

mizerable gackt

In true Kyouka fashion, while she was trying to explain to him how to master the technique, she walked down to him on the cliffside to show him herself. It almost felt humiliating, but Kazue had other things to worry about right now. Even then, he only looked up at Kyouka briefly but focused on her feet. He could see the faint blue glow of chakra connecting her to the cliff face, and that gave him some kind of idea of how much chakra he should be using, but it wasn't much more helpful beyond that. "Uhh... I graduated from the academy late, sensei. I don't know why you think I would have any technique mastered," he said dully. But then she answered his questions, saying that he should be trying to do something like making suction into the wall with his feet. But she warned him not to overdo the chakra because that would break the surface beneath him, and it would also limit his ability to fight in a real combat situation. "Alright. I guess I'll try that," he said.[break][break]As she turned to start offering some instruction for Kasumi, he looked out towards the ocean. He looked down at Kasumi first, seeing how she was doing. She was doing fine, he guessed. She was already doing the work he was struggling to do while having a safe grip on the cliff. Something caught his attention a few kilometers away though. A large section of the water whirled about and funneled its contents deeper into the drink. A maelstrom. A thing that sucked everything deeper... he blinked and turned back to the wall. He planted his feet against it and began funneling his chakra. Maybe something like a whirlpool would help? He felt like he was getting it to work, his feet being adhered to the cliff face. Slowly but surely, he pulled his arm free from the wall and chuckled, a slight tinge of nervousness in his voice, as he stood perpendicular to the wall, grinning.[break][break]Kasumi called up to check on his progress and he grinned down to her as if he had any right to be bragging at all. "Of course. Did you expect anything-" as he got more excited, he pumped more chakra into the technique and he felt the rock splinter as he fell away from the wall. "Shit!" He swung at the wall with another spike and slowed his descent before coming to a stop against it. He was closer to Kasumi now, but not in the water quite yet. Making sure his hold was strong, he looked at her. "Not a fucking word." He focused on the technique once more, remembering to properly moderate his chakra this time as he stuck his feet to the wall again.[break][break] [break][break]

The user will grow eight long, thin, pointed bone blades from their body to use as weapons. There isn't any set form for the Dance of the Willow, much like a willow that is shaken by the wind, the opponent's attacks are simply parried and countered with extremely uncoordinated movements. The hardened bones are easily capable of cleaving through flesh and other bone. The bones will protrude from the palms of the user's hands, elbows, knees, and shoulders. This dance form is incredibly acrobatic, using spins, charges, and long sweeping slashes to make the strikes more effective and to evade opponents' counter strikes. The user can extend the bones from sixty centimeters to a meter in a half in length.[break][break]

A primarily defensive technique, the user will instantly extend up to two dozen short, sharp-pointed bones. The bones can be used to block or trap an opponent's strikes. Often the stronger the opponent's physical attack, the more powerful the counterattack is the worse they maim themselves by the surprise defense. The sudden appearance of the bones, combined with the needle-like bones high killing ability, makes way for a technique which potential his high for battle. In addition to being an unwelcome surprise for opponents, it makes the user virtually, physically untouchable at close range. If an opponent gets too close for comfort, the user can simply start spinning rapidly, turning themselves into a razor-sharp shredding machine.

last edit by Kaguya Kazue on Dec 7, 2021 17:05:15 GMT -5
Beach time! [Team 2 - Training]Dec 17, 2021 18:00:48 GMT -5
Hōzuki Kyōka
Hōzuki Kyōka Avatar
groupnull
We are violence

Kasumi was getting the hang of it at a rather fast pace, and Kyouka was coloured impressed. She did give them a hell of a challenge with the weather conditions, but they were not disappointing, and although she was finding many obstacles on the way, Kyouka knew then and there that she was close to understanding and executing the jutsu with the required finesse.

Kazue was also doing well - surprisingly - and slowly making progress towards adhering his feet to the cliff, but he got distracted with the flow of his chakra and splintered the rock, prompting him to fall. He managed to recover from it before it was too late, however, and once they were close to each other, catching their breathe, Kyouka leaped from the cliff, landing on the water beside them, easily standing on top of it as if it was as natural as solid ground.

"Alright, doing good. Now just look at me and try to see where your shortcomings are, okay?" and as she said that, she walked on the water and towards the cliff, until she placed one foot on the rock, and started walking on the wall. If they were paying attention, they would be able to see the shift in the flow of chakra from the water to the rock; while on the water, her chakra was more agitated, making sure to create enough resistance in the water so she could walk; when she was on the cliff, the movement was not seeking resistance, but adherence.

and this is hell

Beach time! [Team 2 - Training]Jan 3, 2022 11:27:36 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

Kasumi was grateful for the few moments to catch her breath, but even more grateful that she got the luxury of seeing Kazue stumble and fall just as he was trying to brag about his progress. She had to stifle a snicker at him as he grunted out his threat.

"I didn't see a thing." She lied, but was still clearly laughing at him a bit.

Before she could go back to the water to try again, their sensei appeared in front of them, standing on the water herself. Kasumi raised a brow at this, watching the strange occurrence. She had not expected their teacher to actually try to teach them here.

Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, though, Kasumi kept her undivided attention on Kyouka. Watching her chakara flow around her feet allowing her to stick to the top of the water.

Tree climbing, as Kasumi knew, required using just the right amount of chakara. As the waves passed under Kyouka-sensei, though, she noticed the changes in chakara under the old lady's feet.

"Moving... like circles?"

Kasumi mumbled to herself. Was that the trick? Well... it was worth a shot at the least. She jumped down towards the water again. This time, she landed with some grace on top of it, eyeing the incoming wave with determination.

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Kenjutsu Training:

Large Chakra Reserves:
Kasumi was born with higher than average chakara reserves, letting her use more chakara and jutsu without being exhausted. A natural gift from her lineage. She has learned how to properly take advantage of these reserves.

Jutsu used:

Beach time! [Team 2 - Training]Jan 3, 2022 17:29:52 GMT -5
Kaguya Kazue
Kaguya Kazue Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]
[attr="class","laycake"]

mizerable gackt

He growled at Kasumi, who was clearly still taunting him from the water, but before he could get to trying to pick a fight with her, Kyouka actually came down and landed on the water to give them more instruction. He still had a sour expression on his face, but he made sure to pay attention to her while she was in a teaching mood. She was giving another demonstration for them and walked across the water towards the cliff. Kazue directed his attention to her feet, seeing that the chakra was remarkably like what he was trying to do with the sheer wall. But as he watched her walking, it kind of... clicked. She was trying to keep herself out of the water. That made so much sense now that he was watching her. And when she stepped up onto the wall, she was trying to stay on it. He felt incredibly stupid for not realizing that it could be that simple before now. Which was no small feat, showing him he had been even more stupid than usual. Kasumi said something about circles, but he wasn't paying too much attention as he returned his gaze to the cliff wall. Blinking a few times, he formed the chakra at his feet and attached them to the wall, freeing his elbow from the cliff and standing upright- well, sideright?- again. He swayed a bit, testing his anchors, and couldn't help but grin ear to ear again. He even did a bit of walking around on the cliff carefully, making sure that he had grasped it. He had committed a lot of chakra to this, but he still had a bit more. He had a funny feeling his training wasn't going to end here today.[break][break]He had to admit, it seemed so clear now. Using a decent amount of chakra to stick to the side of the cliff, and when on water, you would need to expel more chakra to keep yourself above the surface. He really hated that Kyouka had been the one, but apparently, she could teach him better than any of his academy instructors could. Even if he didn't like her that much, maybe she was just the right kind of person to instruct him in the ways of the shinobi. He walked up and down the side of the cliff, still taking it carefully for the most part, but eventually, he did try and walk at a brisk pace, or a normal one at the least. "Huh. Looks like you know what you're talking about after all, sensei. Or... that you can explain it to me right, I guess." He grinned down to Kasumi. He wasn't sure he could run on the cliffside or anything, but he had the technique now, that was for sure.[break][break] [break][break]