Beach time! [Team 2 - Training]

compose a reply
Beach time! [Team 2 - Training]Jan 3, 2022 17:40:57 GMT -5
Hōzuki Kyōka
In this world, the weak are the sustenance of the strong. The strong live, the weak die
Hōzuki Kyōka Avatar
groupnull
age 33 years old birthday June 18 rank Elite Jounin occupation Genin Team Leader (Team 2)
We are violence

She wanted them to try on their own before giving them an up close demonstration of the technique, and once she did so, it seemed like that was the thing they needed to finally execute the technique as they should. Both of them, almost at the same time, seemed to have gained a deeper comprehension of it, and were now trying it. Kazue was going up and down the cliff, feeling more confident, while Kasumi she could stand on top of it, but as a wave approached, she would face her real test; unlike the Tree Climbing, the Water Walking technique needed the user to be way more versatile with their chakra control.

"Kasumi, don't let the wave intimidate you. Just adapt your chakra to it, study its flow and rotate your chakra accordingly, okay?" she explained, before turning her eyes to Kazue, who seemed to have mastered the technique and there wasn't really much for her to add to that.

"I know I don't act like it, but I'm an elite shinobi, Kazue-chan. I just try to be more chill and nice around you kids. I'm not joking when I said you guys are the first team I accepted to train. That's because I believe in your potential, otherwise I would not waste my time." she started, pausing for a moment. "Now, why don't you just stay on the cliff and watch as Kasumi-chan tries to conquer that wave? When she does, I want you to tell me what you saw. Focus on her feet." she added, showing that the next part of his training was going to be observation.

At least for now.

and this is hell

made by eden @ gs and thq
Ren has written 284 posts
Beach time! [Team 2 - Training]Jan 6, 2022 12:39:42 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
A true justice must be served.
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday Feburary 22nd rank Chuunin occupation

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE
There is only one path left to take.

Kazue seemed to be understanding the technique himself, and Kasumi would be lying if she said she didn't feel the slightest bit competitive over the idea that he was grasping it faster than her. Of course, tree climbing was much easier than water walking but... well, she was supposed to be smarter and better than him! At everything!

"Right. Adapting."

She shook her thoughts away and focused intensely on the incoming wave. It was large, and violent. This close to the rocks it seemed like it was changing constantly. Kasumi matched her own chakara flow to it as she started to walk towards it.

"Here we go!"

Her steps went onto the wave, sinking only slightly before she found herself a footing. One step, two steps. She made it to the top of the wave without crashing, then jumped off the other side, landing confidently on the back end of the calmer waters.

"I did it!"

The joy was clear. She understood the concept now. Hadn't mastered it yet, but was definitely well on her way towards it.

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Kasumi has become known for her strange chakara form. When in a dire situation, she is capable of releasing her chakra, which in turn takes a strange color unlike the normal blue color of chakra, and takes the form of a demonic cat figure. She is then enveloped in a demon shroud.

This ability grants her a fierce looking aura, that may come off as intimidating and a tenacity to push beyond their normal limits physically- when this mode is activated, Kasumi is harder to knock out or kill and will generally fight for longer than a normal body is capable of.

Keeping this ability active has a medium drain on Kasumi's chakara.

Kenjutsu Training:
Since a young age, Kasumi has felt the weight of a sword in her hands. She's practiced combat with swords, and is able to compete with some of the best sword users around. That said, people who lack training with a sword or intensive Taijutsu tend to be overwhelmed by her skill.

Large Chakra Reserves:
Kasumi was born with higher than average chakara reserves, letting her use more chakara and jutsu without being exhausted. A natural gift from her lineage. She has learned how to properly take advantage of these reserves.

Jutsu used:

Bloo has written 496 posts
Beach time! [Team 2 - Training]Jan 6, 2022 13:19:01 GMT -5
Kaguya Kazue
If you're not bleeding, you aren't trying hard enough.
Kaguya Kazue Avatar
groupnull
age 19 years old birthday November 30th rank Advanced Genin occupation
[nospaces]
[attr="class","laycake"]
[attr="class","laycake-top"]
[attr="class","laycake-top-slant-1"]

[attr="class","laycake-top-slant-2"]

[attr="class","laycake-top-img"]

[attr="class","laycake-top-icon"][attr="class","th th-skull"]

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric"]MIZERABLE

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric-2"]I LOVED YOU TOO MUCH AND YOU ARE NOW ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WALL laughing softly

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric-4"]around and round... in the time left behind, I am now

[attr="class","laycake-mid"]

[attr="class","laycake-icon"]

[attr="class","laycake-lyric"]Falling deeply into an almost forgotten dream[break]I am now Les Miserables

[attr="class","laycake-mid-1"]
[attr="class","laycake-tag-1"]
[attr="class","laycake-tag"]

mizerable gackt

[attr="class","laycake-mid-2"]

He heard Kyouka giving Kasumi further instruction, and he was paying some attention, but he was swelling with pride at having mastered the technique that the worthless academy instructors couldn't teach him. Sure, that was probably his fault- but it felt good to finally be over that obstacle on his way to becoming an elite shinobi. After giving her instructions, Kyouka was talking to him again, which he made sure to turn around and look at her to pay attention. She assured him that she was an elite shinobi, which he had already figured. Did she think that he underestimated her, even after that initial spar they had? But she also said she was serious about them being the first team that she had accepted to train because she genuinely believed in their potential. Kazue had no idea if she was actually telling the truth, and even though compliments were something Kazue wasn't used to and didn't know how to really react to them, it did feel nice every now and then to receive a compliment from somebody that he respected. He nodded at what she said, his cheeks feeling warm, but not making a big deal out of it. "Thanks, sensei."[break][break]Next, she instructed him to watch Kasumi's feet carefully as she attempted to conquer the next wave. Kazue nodded and would watch intently. He wouldn't let the compliment go to his head. He had a funny feeling that he was going to be joining Kasumi soon. He sunk a bone into the cliffside to conserve chakra just in the event that he was right, as rare as that was. He focused on Kasumi as she braced for the next wave, looking at her feet as Kyouka instructed. Just like he had noticed with Kyouka's feet, the chakra Kasumi was using was much different for the water, focused on keeping her above the drink as opposed to clinging to the surface. He wanted to conserve chakra, but he found himself mimicking her and trying to get the chakra form right. As the wave came, she focused her chakra to the angle of it and would climb over it, jumping at the crest and going down behind it. It didn't take long to see she succeeded, and was cheering about nailing the technique. Kazue grinned, looking down at his feet and stopping the chakra flow for now. Better to save it for when it was needed. He already felt like he had gone through another workout. He turned his grin to Kasumi, giving her a nod at her progress. "Great job, Kasumi. I figured you'd get it." He continued watching her, studying as much as he could.[break][break] [break][break]

NAME: Yanagi no Mai [Dance of the Willow][break]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low[break]
CLASSIFICATION: Taijutsu // Kekkei Genkai[break]
ELEMENT: N/A[break]
DESCRIPTION:[break]
The user will grow eight long, thin, pointed bone blades from their body to use as weapons. There isn't any set form for the Dance of the Willow, much like a willow that is shaken by the wind, the opponent's attacks are simply parried and countered with extremely uncoordinated movements. The hardened bones are easily capable of cleaving through flesh and other bone. The bones will protrude from the palms of the user's hands, elbows, knees, and shoulders. This dance form is incredibly acrobatic, using spins, charges, and long sweeping slashes to make the strikes more effective and to evade opponents' counter strikes. The user can extend the bones from sixty centimeters to a meter in a half in length.[break][break]

NAME: Karamatsu no Mai [Dance of the Larch][break]
A primarily defensive technique, the user will instantly extend up to two dozen short, sharp-pointed bones. The bones can be used to block or trap an opponent's strikes. Often the stronger the opponent's physical attack, the more powerful the counterattack is the worse they maim themselves by the surprise defense. The sudden appearance of the bones, combined with the needle-like bones high killing ability, makes way for a technique which potential his high for battle. In addition to being an unwelcome surprise for opponents, it makes the user virtually, physically untouchable at close range. If an opponent gets too close for comfort, the user can simply start spinning rapidly, turning themselves into a razor-sharp shredding machine.[break][break]

NAME: Kumo-Ryu Uragiri - [Cloud-Style Reverse Beheading][break]
CLASSIFICATION: Bukijutsu[break]
ELEMENT: N/a[break]
The user does a powerful spin, generating the momentum needed to slash at any opponents behind them.

[attr="class","laycake-lyric-2"]my feelings will never reach you... I'll put them in a sigh

[attr="class","laycake-overlay"]

[googlefont=Kumar+One+Outline:400]
[googlefont=Abril+Fatface:400]
[googlefont=Roboto:400,700]
[newclass=.laycake]margin:25px 0px;width:600px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;background-color:#e9e9e9; }.laycake-top { border-bottom:solid 2px #000000;border-top:solid 2px #000000;width:600px;height:250px;background-color:#b09494;position:relative;overflow:hidden;text-shadow:.75px .75px 0px #000000, .75px 0px 0px #000000, 0px .75px 0px #000000, -.75px 0px 0px #000000, 0px -.75px 0px #000000, -.75px .75px 0px #000000, .75px -.75px 0px #000000, -.75px -.75px 0px #000000; }
.laycake-top-slant-1 { position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;margin-top:100px;border-left:solid 250px #ffffff;border-bottom:solid 75px #ffffff;border-top:solid 75px transparent;border-right:solid 250px transparent; }.laycake-top-slant-2 { position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;border-right:solid 250px #bd3939;border-bottom:solid 125px #bd3939;border-top:solid 125px transparent;border-left:solid 250px transparent;margin-left:150px; }.laycake-top-img { height:250px;width:650px;background-image:url(https://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/17/61/09/29/kazue_14.jpg);mix-blend-mode:multiply;position:absolute;z-index:1; }
.laycake-top-icon { font-size:170px;line-height:170px;text-align:right;width:570px;margin-top:35px;position:absolute;color:#bd3939; }.laycake-top-lyric { position:absolute;font:60px Kumar One Outline;color:#eeeeee;letter-spacing:6.9px;z-index:2;line-height:60px;text-align:right;width:548px;margin-top:100px; }.laycake-top-lyric-2 { margin:160px 0px 0px 66px;background-color:#000000;position:absolute;z-index:2;padding:10px 0px 10px 5px;width:465px;text-align:center;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:4.45px; }.laycake-top-lyric-2 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#bd3939; }.laycake-top-lyric-3 { font:112px Kumar One Outline;position:absolute;z-index:2;letter-spacing:-4px;line-height:126px;color:#eeeeee;text-align:right;width:540px;margin-top:100px; }.laycake-top-lyric-4 { background:linear-gradient(to right,rgba(0,0,0,0),rgba(0,0,0,0),rgba(0,0,0,1));color:#eeeeee!important;text-shadow:none;font:10px Abril Fatface;text-transform:uppercase;padding:10px;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:3px;color:#eeeeee;width:515px;text-align:right;margin-top:50px;position:absolute;z-index:2; }.laycake-top-lyric-4 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#bd3939;line-height:10px; }.laycake-mid { border-bottom:solid 2px #000000;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/WvBL93G/Aist-Firre.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top left; }.laycake-mid table { border-spacing:0px; }.laycake-icon { height:100px;width:100px;position:absolute;margin:-35px 0px 0px -15px;z-index:10;border:solid 2px #000000;padding:13px;border-radius:100%;background-color:#eeeeee; }.laycake-icon img { height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%; }.laycake-lyric { background-color:#000000;padding:15px 13px 15px 25px;display:inline-block;margin:35px 35px 35px 95px;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2.6px;white-space:nowrap; }.laycake-mid-1 { padding:0px 35px 110px 35px; }.laycake-mid-2 { font:12px Roboto;padding-left:30px;padding:0px 25px 0px 40px;text-align:justify;color:#222222;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #e9e9e9; }.laycake-mid-2 b { color:#bd3939; }.laycake-mid-2 i { color:#888888; }.laycake-tag { margin-top:75px;letter-spacing:1px;font:10px Abril Fatface;text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;line-height:10px;transform:rotate(-90deg);background-color:#bd3939;padding:15px;transform-origin:0px 0px;position:absolute; }.laycake-tag a { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#eeeeee!important;text-decoration:none; }.laycake-lyric-2 { background-color:#000000;padding:15px;float:right;margin:-75px 35px 0px 105px;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2px; }.laycake-lyric b, .laycake-lyric-2 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#bd3939; }.laycake-overlay { height:300px;width:80px;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/WnfdXNC/AisFire.png);mix-blend-mode:multiply;[/newclass]
Kyte has written 182 posts
Beach time! [Team 2 - Training]Jan 9, 2022 16:25:42 GMT -5
Hōzuki Kyōka
In this world, the weak are the sustenance of the strong. The strong live, the weak die
Hōzuki Kyōka Avatar
groupnull
age 33 years old birthday June 18 rank Elite Jounin occupation Genin Team Leader (Team 2)
We are violence

Kasumi finally got the idea behind it and as she faced the wave, she prevailed, even though she still seemed to be unsure if she was successful or not. "You did pretty good there, Kasumi-chan. That's exactly like that! Now you just need to get used to this feeling, so try facing a couple more waves, okay?" she said, trying to give her the confidence she needed to believe her execution was correct.

Then, Kyouka turned her violet eyes back to Kazue. He was walking around the cliff with a dumb smile on her face that was actually pleasant to Kyouka. She felt good about the fact that her two students were managing to succeed in such a difficult environment she imposed on them. It was good, it showed their potential and how right she was to finally accept this team. "Attaboy, Kazue-chan! You are not entirely useless, it seems!" she teased the boy, giggling as she finished speaking. He seemed to be happy her teachings were getting to him and she nodded at him. "The village does try to pair people with compatible instructors, so if you guys were assigned under me, it's your own fault. Hahaha!" and in part, what she was saying was true.

"But don't get too comfortable just yet." and as she said that, she slammed her fist on the cliff where Kazue was, and it started to crack. Many rocks started falling towards him, and it looked quite dangerous. "Now get to the top without getting crushed, okay hun?" and as she said that, her eyes turned back to the ocean, where a truly gigantic wave was coming their way, that being Kasumi's ultimate test. Kyouka's smirk widened into a full ear to ear grin. She was loving this moment.

and this is hell

Beach time! [Team 2 - Training]Jan 10, 2022 10:22:51 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

Kyouka explained the process of assigning the instructors to the students, and Kasumi furrowed her brow a bit. She wondered if there was any logic to something like that. This type of training was harsh as possible, but as Kasumi eyed the next wave and felt a strange feeling of confidence deep in her core... well, maybe it was the right style of training for someone of her build.

"Don't worry, Sensei. I don't plan on failing now that I actually got it."

She took off towards the wave, this time with much greater confidence as she ran up the liquid mountain towards the top. Her chakara control at her feet wasn't perfect, not yet, but she kept it moving in circles and kept herself moving with confidence. Those two together had her jumping over the wave in no time.

"Don't fall even further behind, Bonehead! You already need to catch up to my water walking now, heh!"

She stood on the water, stable as she ever was. She really was on the verge of mastering it, if she just kept at it a little longer. Not to mention after this she planned on focusing even more with her training regimes on it.

For now though, she would take a few more waves as they came at her. Learning more with each one that hit her.

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Kasumi has become known for her strange chakara form. When in a dire situation, she is capable of releasing her chakra, which in turn takes a strange color unlike the normal blue color of chakra, and takes the form of a demonic cat figure. She is then enveloped in a demon shroud.

This ability grants her a fierce looking aura, that may come off as intimidating and a tenacity to push beyond their normal limits physically- when this mode is activated, Kasumi is harder to knock out or kill and will generally fight for longer than a normal body is capable of.

Kenjutsu Training:
Since a young age, Kasumi has felt the weight of a sword in her hands. She's practiced combat with swords, and is able to compete with some of the best sword users around. That said, people who lack training with a sword or intensive Taijutsu tend to be overwhelmed by her skill.

Large Chakra Reserves:
Kasumi was born with higher than average chakara reserves, letting her use more chakara and jutsu without being exhausted. A natural gift from her lineage. She has learned how to properly take advantage of these reserves.

Equipment: Hakushika Kami

Jutsu used:

Beach time! [Team 2 - Training]Jan 12, 2022 4:02:55 GMT -5
Kaguya Kazue
Kaguya Kazue Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]
[attr="class","laycake"]

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric-2"]I LOVED YOU TOO MUCH AND YOU ARE NOW ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WALL laughing softly

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric-4"]around and round... in the time left behind, I am now

[attr="class","laycake-lyric"]Falling deeply into an almost forgotten dream[break]I am now Les Miserables

mizerable gackt

As Kyouka surprisingly encouraged Kasumi further, she would also tell Kazue that the village tried to pair teachers with their teams who would have some synergy with the students. Which made sense. He was still grinning even as he listened to her. She said that if he was learning well from her, he was in part responsible for that. "Huh. That's oddly encouraging, sensei." But right after that, she said that he shouldn't get too comfortable yet. Uh-oh. There was that funny feeling again when he was around Kyouka. She punched the cliffside with her monstrous strength, splintering the surface. He blinked in incredulity and comically followed the crack with his eyes as it went to the top of the cliff and would break the cliffside at the top, sending rocks cascading town towards him. How did she even punch the cliff like that to make that happen?! Could jonin just do shit like that regularly?![break][break]He didn't think of any quips, too focused at the moment to try and say anything to her. He didn't even have the presence of mind to worry about how he hadn't tried running on the cliffside yet. One slip up and he'd fall to the ocean, probably with too many broken bones to swim. And if her attitude thus far was any indication, Kyouka wouldn't be helping him back out. He began running along the cliffside to get out of the way of the rocks. The gravity was different, but he was reacting as if they were flying across a field towards him. He felt his feet begin to slip, but he breathed steadily, using some of the training Toru had given him to remain focused on the chakra and his movements. Adhering to the cliffside and dodging the large rocks. Some smaller ones fell next, but he batted the manageable ones aside with his bone spikes. Finally, there were a mixed volley of rocks all different sizes, and they blanketed the cliff. He gritted his teeth and continued moving, diving under one large boulder falling and using a spike as a wedge to flip him past it and then latch onto the cliff again with another spike, turning with the momentum to swing his legs back up onto it. It was harder than what he had practiced on normal surfaces, but he powered through. He found his breathing labored, but in an attempt to get onto the top of the cliff before Kyouka decided he needed another practice run, he made a break for the top.[break][break]Once he reached it, he looked at Kyouka still on the cliffside. "Thanks for that one, sensei... if that wholesome shit had gone on much longer, we might've bonded or something. Ew." Then he heard Kasumi taunting him from down below. He looked down at her and the large wave coming, taking a breath. He crossed his arms in a pose as he looked down at her. "Behind? Do you think being like a duck puts you ahead of me? What kind of a cat gets along with the water, anyway? A cattypuss?" Figured she'd give him shit after cheering her on. He'd just stop being so nice.[break][break] [break][break]

The user will grow eight long, thin, pointed bone blades from their body to use as weapons. There isn't any set form for the Dance of the Willow, much like a willow that is shaken by the wind, the opponent's attacks are simply parried and countered with extremely uncoordinated movements. The hardened bones are easily capable of cleaving through flesh and other bone. The bones will protrude from the palms of the user's hands, elbows, knees, and shoulders. This dance form is incredibly acrobatic, using spins, charges, and long sweeping slashes to make the strikes more effective and to evade opponents' counter strikes. The user can extend the bones from sixty centimeters to a meter in a half in length.[break][break]

A primarily defensive technique, the user will instantly extend up to two dozen short, sharp-pointed bones. The bones can be used to block or trap an opponent's strikes. Often the stronger the opponent's physical attack, the more powerful the counterattack is the worse they maim themselves by the surprise defense. The sudden appearance of the bones, combined with the needle-like bones high killing ability, makes way for a technique which potential his high for battle. In addition to being an unwelcome surprise for opponents, it makes the user virtually, physically untouchable at close range. If an opponent gets too close for comfort, the user can simply start spinning rapidly, turning themselves into a razor-sharp shredding machine.[break][break]

The user does a powerful spin, generating the momentum needed to slash at any opponents behind them.

[attr="class","laycake-lyric-2"]my feelings will never reach you... I'll put them in a sigh

[newclass=.laycake]margin:25px 0px;width:600px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;background-color:#e9e9e9; }.laycake-top { border-bottom:solid 2px #000000;border-top:solid 2px #000000;width:600px;height:250px;background-color:#b09494;position:relative;overflow:hidden;text-shadow:.75px .75px 0px #000000, .75px 0px 0px #000000, 0px .75px 0px #000000, -.75px 0px 0px #000000, 0px -.75px 0px #000000, -.75px .75px 0px #000000, .75px -.75px 0px #000000, -.75px -.75px 0px #000000; }
.laycake-top-slant-1 { position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;margin-top:100px;border-left:solid 250px #ffffff;border-bottom:solid 75px #ffffff;border-top:solid 75px transparent;border-right:solid 250px transparent; }.laycake-top-slant-2 { position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;border-right:solid 250px #bd3939;border-bottom:solid 125px #bd3939;border-top:solid 125px transparent;border-left:solid 250px transparent;margin-left:150px; }.laycake-top-img { height:250px;width:650px;background-image:url(https://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/17/61/09/29/kazue_14.jpg);mix-blend-mode:multiply;position:absolute;z-index:1; }
.laycake-top-icon { font-size:170px;line-height:170px;text-align:right;width:570px;margin-top:35px;position:absolute;color:#bd3939; }.laycake-top-lyric { position:absolute;font:60px Kumar One Outline;color:#eeeeee;letter-spacing:6.9px;z-index:2;line-height:60px;text-align:right;width:548px;margin-top:100px; }.laycake-top-lyric-2 { margin:160px 0px 0px 66px;background-color:#000000;position:absolute;z-index:2;padding:10px 0px 10px 5px;width:465px;text-align:center;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:4.45px; }.laycake-top-lyric-2 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#bd3939; }.laycake-top-lyric-3 { font:112px Kumar One Outline;position:absolute;z-index:2;letter-spacing:-4px;line-height:126px;color:#eeeeee;text-align:right;width:540px;margin-top:100px; }.laycake-top-lyric-4 { background:linear-gradient(to right,rgba(0,0,0,0),rgba(0,0,0,0),rgba(0,0,0,1));color:#eeeeee!important;text-shadow:none;font:10px Abril Fatface;text-transform:uppercase;padding:10px;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:3px;color:#eeeeee;width:515px;text-align:right;margin-top:50px;position:absolute;z-index:2; }.laycake-top-lyric-4 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#bd3939;line-height:10px; }.laycake-mid { border-bottom:solid 2px #000000;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/WvBL93G/Aist-Firre.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top left; }.laycake-mid table { border-spacing:0px; }.laycake-icon { height:100px;width:100px;position:absolute;margin:-35px 0px 0px -15px;z-index:10;border:solid 2px #000000;padding:13px;border-radius:100%;background-color:#eeeeee; }.laycake-icon img { height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%; }.laycake-lyric { background-color:#000000;padding:15px 13px 15px 25px;display:inline-block;margin:35px 35px 35px 95px;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2.6px;white-space:nowrap; }.laycake-mid-1 { padding:0px 35px 110px 35px; }.laycake-mid-2 { font:12px Roboto;padding-left:30px;padding:0px 25px 0px 40px;text-align:justify;color:#222222;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #e9e9e9; }.laycake-mid-2 b { color:#bd3939; }.laycake-mid-2 i { color:#888888; }.laycake-tag { margin-top:75px;letter-spacing:1px;font:10px Abril Fatface;text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;line-height:10px;transform:rotate(-90deg);background-color:#bd3939;padding:15px;transform-origin:0px 0px;position:absolute; }.laycake-tag a { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#eeeeee!important;text-decoration:none; }.laycake-lyric-2 { background-color:#000000;padding:15px;float:right;margin:-75px 35px 0px 105px;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2px; }.laycake-lyric b, .laycake-lyric-2 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#bd3939; }.laycake-overlay { height:300px;width:80px;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/WnfdXNC/AisFire.png);mix-blend-mode:multiply;[/newclass]
last edit by Kaguya Kazue on Jan 12, 2022 4:04:46 GMT -5
Beach time! [Team 2 - Training]Jan 12, 2022 11:33:05 GMT -5
Hōzuki Kyōka
Hōzuki Kyōka Avatar
groupnull
We are violence

Both Kasumi and Kazue seemed to have finally showed a decent mastery over the techniques they were learning. Well, they were still alive and - surprisingly - uninjured. It was safe to say that they performed even beyond the jounin's expectations and for that she was satisfied. Once Kasumi had conquered the final waves, and Kazue was safe at the top of the cliff, she nodded and started climbing back to the top of the cliff, making a hand wave so that Kasumi would know to follow. Then, she would wait until all three of them were at the top before giving them a large smile.

"You guys did really well! Sensei is really proud and all! Now... Kasumi, you can safely say you have mastered everything that is expected of a full-fledged Genin, now we can start your path towards the next natural step: Chuunin." she said, patting the girl on the head before turning her violet orbs to Kazue. "And you... You are very close to reaching that as well! So let's keep up with this rhythm, and maybe I will be able to give you guys my blessing for a Chuunin Exam! Sounds good, eh?" she winked at them.

After that, Kyouka started walking back towards the village, waving to the two as she bid her farewell for now.

and this is hell

Beach time! [Team 2 - Training]Jan 17, 2022 22:03:29 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

Kasumi's final waves were less about learning the technique and more about mastering it. She understood the concept, and it seemed even with waves barreling at her she wasn't in danger of falling into the water again. That in itself was progress. The only reason she kept at it was because of how much focus it seemed to be demanding from her. She even found time to quip back at bonehead.

"The kind that's better than you at jutsu! And swordsmanship. Nyan~"

That said, after the last few waves came and went it was starting to feel more and more natural.

When Kyouka waved for her to come up the mountain, Kasumi was suspicious. She'd gone through an entire training with Kyouka, and only had minor scrapes and nothing broken? She wondered if her sensei was having an off day or something. Still, Kasumi obediently followed. Walking up the cliff side to the gathering. She crossed her arms and smiled triumphantly as their sensei explained that Kasumi was close to becoming a Chunin.

"I'll be a Chunin before bonehead over here even figures out the water walking, I reckon. Don't worry about me. Heh."

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Kenjutsu Training:

Large Chakra Reserves:

Equipment: Hakushika Kami

Jutsu used:

Beach time! [Team 2 - Training]Jan 18, 2022 23:52:40 GMT -5
Kaguya Kazue
Kaguya Kazue Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]
[attr="class","laycake"]

mizerable gackt

Kazue couldn't help but laugh when Kasumi returned such a weak jab at him. "Wow, did you get your brain knocked out when you went under the water? I don't care about jutsu. That's like me saying I'm better at hand to hand. You don't even use it. Sword skill though, you're definitely dreaming." When they all met up at the top of the cliff as Kyouka instructed, Kyouka congratulated them and said that Kasumi was well on her way to becoming a Chuunin. She said that Kazue was close, but it wasn't lost on him that it didn't mean the same as what she said to Kasumi, but he figured it wouldn't be that way. He could talk shit all he wanted, but she had done water today, and he had only climbed some rocks. He would have to practice on his own time. At the very least, he didn't want to be starting at the lowest level if and when Kyouka would eventually call on him again to master it."Sounds great, sensei. I got a good workout today." He took a stretch, reaching his arms above his head as Kyouka walked off into the distance.[break][break]Kasumi made a remark about becoming a Chuunin before he even mastered water walking. "As if. I'm starving. You coming or what?" He would fix his haori and tuck his hands into his pockets as he started walking back to the village. He was aware of the gap between them, and though it seemed small at the moment, he knew he would have to keep putting in his maximum effort to keep it from getting any larger. He would walk for a place to eat, whether Kasumi decided to come along with him or not.[break][break]