disciplinary action - [yakitsukeru]

compose a reply
disciplinary action - [yakitsukeru]Nov 10, 2021 23:00:12 GMT -5
Yamanaka Tomomi
Learn to recognize poisons before you swallow them.
Yamanaka Tomomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 30 years old birthday 6/10 rank Jonin occupation Hokage's Assistant
YAMANAKA TOMOMI
NINGYO/HIDARI

While Tomomi was not technically staff at the academy, not a teacher or tutor of any kind, he did work in the academy building. In a separate wing from the students, but still close enough for people to know who he was and occasionally run into him. On even rarer occasion, he was sometimes pulled in to deal with rowdy students. Mild disciplinary action. The threat of a very high-ranking shinobi was sometimes enough to scare students straight and Tomomi was known for being just slightly eerie, enough to frighten younger children, at least. The effect was more potent when Niko was still in charge, her intimidating reputation enough to terrify many souls. The students were bolder, now, with her gone and replaced by a friendlier face.

Today, a student named Tateyama Yakitsukeru had been sent to Tomomi's office. Fourteen. A little old for the academy, though not the oldest he had ever seen on the roster. Still, it was clear that she was failing her classes and remaining behind. Difficult to work with, a decent disciplinary record. A problem-child, some would call her. The teachers had not had much success with dealing with her, so today they had shipped her off to his office.

Tomomi stirred a glass of tea and sat down at his desk, which was ever occupied with piles of paper, considering her.

"Can you tell me why you were sent here?"
He'd gotten a report from her instructor, of course, but asking never hurt.

Cocoa has written 693 posts
disciplinary action - [yakitsukeru]Nov 13, 2021 23:39:42 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
I do not wish to be called pretty anymore, I plan to make life beg me for forgivenesss instead.
Tateyama Yakitsukeru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday April 9th rank Genin occupation Sage Apprentice

This took longer than expected actually. Tateyama Yakitsukeru would calmly stare at the face of the high-ranking officer in front of her with a level of indifference that was rare for her. How many incidents had her sensei blamed her for falsely due to the hostility she recieved from students? How many were her instigations or actual wrong-doings? What number of reprimand was this now? She really couldn't be bothered to offer any sort of answer that would satisfy this blonde jerk. After all, to her he was another of the bullying elders she had always found herself near.

A snake in this moment would run the length of her arm and peer from her sleeve and over her fingers. The girl bringing it to be eye level as she would have a staring contest with the snake itself. Ignoring the yamanaka for the moment, like a child trying to give the silent treatment out of frustration. Oddly though, for all the reports of hostile and shrewd interactions on her disciplinary record there was none here. Simply a calm young teen with nothing to say in earnest.

"If I sssay anything is it really going to make a difference at the end of the day? I'm an issue in the eyesss of those who inherently don't like me, and I'm a larger problem to the academy for itsss reputation and handling of me... I've already heard all the rumorsss. I asssume you have asss well?"
TAGGED |
NOTES | Here
MUSE | Sealing You In Sound

Wisp has written 291 posts
disciplinary action - [yakitsukeru]Nov 14, 2021 0:08:30 GMT -5
Yamanaka Tomomi
Yamanaka Tomomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
YAMANAKA TOMOMI
NINGYO/HIDARI

Long, frustrated silence. It was the kind of thing Tomomi was very familiar with. He had many siblings and he'd watched the process several times over with them growing up, and with their own kids, and with his cousins, and... The young shinobi looked at her snake, which slid from within her sleeve, and it made Tomomi think of Umetaro. Odd child, good child. Seen as creepy and disliked by many others, but with a great potential trapped beneath all that judgement. How often was that the case, he wondered? Children were products of their environments, that much was self-evident. Did a troublesome child ever become one without troublesome feedback first?

"I've heard some. I don't often spend time listening to the gossip of academy students, though," Tomomi joked. Yakitsukeru had an impression of how she believed this conversation was going to go. Why was that? Tomomi liked trying to find the source of such thoughts, behaviors. There was something here that could be resolved.

"I want to hear what you have to say because I require your side of the story. I assume that you have a different perception of what resulted in your arrival than your instructor. There isn't a way for me to tackle the issue unless I know both sides."

Hopefully that would be helpful enough to be convincing. Right now, it was Tomomi's responsibility to try to get Yakitsukeru on track.

disciplinary action - [yakitsukeru]Nov 14, 2021 1:07:54 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
I do not wish to be called pretty anymore, I plan to make life beg me for forgivenesss instead.
groupLeaf Shinobi

Oh, so it was mind games that this... man(?), perhaps not with how pretty they were, wanted to play. The kind where they wanted you to trust them before they bit you, a snake coiling like it was simply spooked before it lept at you as one turned their back to the reptile. Cold, selfish, and scheming was the most earnest way to label such things, yet this man tried to laugh and hide the facade. Yaki would scoff at the mention of perspective.

"With how often I've been punissshed I'm more sssurprisssed that I haven't been expelled that isss all. Thisss wasss my place to go to for ssso long now, and frankly I wish to leave it asss one should, by graduation. That is a dfficult tasssk when I am faulted for my peersss reactionsss to myssself or my sssnakesss, and when I retaliate I am often left with the blame of ssstarting the sssituation," the young girl would practically hiss her voice dripping with an eery venom, like a snake who had opened their jaw, but had yet to unsheathe their fangs. Glancing finally from her snake her unnaturally crimson eyes would make direct contact to the yamanaka's. A long exhale, "Frankly put on the record, I detessst violent people and action. Yet here it isss a forced habit that I hope I can be ridded of after thisss place. Shinobi fight, certainly, but dirtying one'sss own handsss over petty mattersss isss a laughable reality. I do it anywaysss hoping one of thessse daysss my fellow ssstudentsss realize that if they don't wish to be bitten then they shouldn't mess with what isssn't theres."

It was an oddly calm rant, like something pent up was slowly leaking out, Yakitsu's expression getting closer to that of a frustrated young child. Unbefitting of her age, certainly, but very honest at its core, exuding a natural reaction of fangs being barred for one's defense. Yakitsu would look back to her snake that now ran itself against her cheek almost affectionately in essence. The bitter expression unchanging.
TAGGED |
NOTES | Here

disciplinary action - [yakitsukeru]Nov 14, 2021 2:00:08 GMT -5
Yamanaka Tomomi
Yamanaka Tomomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
YAMANAKA TOMOMI
NINGYO/HIDARI

The story of her record would tell a very different one from her own words. It seemed that this institution was indeed as faulty as he had been fearing this entire time. It was something he had pondered on and looked into during his time as Umetaro's tutor, but it was sad to know that it was still an ongoing issue. No wonder so many students of late had ended up embittered towards the institution if this was how they were being treated. If there was one thing Tomomi couldn't stand for, it was rotten roots. This village was the most important thing to him and he refused to see its name sullied by institutions that would neglect their students.

"That does sound frustrating. I've noticed there is a habit of those bothered by their peers being blamed when they snap back. Any animal warns you before it bites and it's only your own fault when you face the consequences of your actions," Tomomi agreed with her. "It's difficult to be patient in unfair situations. If that is what's going on, I can't blame you for ending up here. Your instructor doesn't appear to be doing enough to make sure you excel and is only concerned about the other students despite their immaturity and unfairness."

Tomomi stood from his spot behind his desk and said,

"Perhaps we can make good use of this time, then. What techniques do you need to work on? Let's have a study session away from bothersome classmates."

disciplinary action - [yakitsukeru]Dec 5, 2021 4:50:37 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
groupLeaf Shinobi

A penisve and cautious look would be given to the instructor as Yakitsukeru listened. He was agreeing with her and that in an of itself was a red flag in her mind. No man would willingly side with the freak apprentice of the snake sage. She would breath in and hiss out a sigh as fought with herself in her head. This was some goody two-shoes shinobi jounin who thought themself a way to steer a youth back onto the correct path. If this was what made him sleep better at night she would have none of it, internally that was. Deciding it better to accept his offer, at least, in a cautious fashion.

"Jutsssu are not an issue currently for me. I am on the other hand trying to learn about chakra affinitiesss. I am quite fond of the ssstudy of fuinjutsssu, so I wish to learn how to mold each element in time to be able to empower my ssseal work. That isss the honessst truth, though if 'Sssensssei' wishesss to teach me a jutsssu instead that can only benefit me moving forward." Yaki would hiss out in a reply to the Yamanaka. He face blank of emotion as she spoke this time except the venom on the word 'Sensei' which seemed like a natural reaction from the girl over the word. Crimson eyes watching intently for cracks in the mask as she awaited further knowledge.
TAGGED |
NOTES | Here

last edit by Tateyama Yakitsukeru on Dec 5, 2021 4:50:50 GMT -5
disciplinary action - [yakitsukeru]Dec 9, 2021 21:24:01 GMT -5
Yamanaka Tomomi
Yamanaka Tomomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
YAMANAKA TOMOMI
NINGYO/HIDARI

No issue with techniques. That was good to hear, at least. That set her apart from the story of Umetaro. He had been held back in the academy many times because his instructors repeatedly failed to reach him in a way that he could understand. Then, as a genin, his many teachers also failed to pass onto him the necessary techniques all shinobi needed to know. If had fallen to Tomomi to teach him tree and water walking as well as the body flicker technique. Such incompetence on the behalf of instructors really did irk Tomomi. They were the first line of education for the shinobis of Konohagakure and their jobs were incredibly important.

"You wish to learn every element? An impressive goal, that much is sure. Mastery over many elements is often a difficult thing. I'm not surprised one close with the snake sage would have that interest, though. If you want to become close to the worldly energy, elements seem a good place to start. I can do my best to help you start practicing molding your natural chakra. Does that sound alright?" He asked. "I've mastered doton, fuuton, and suiton. If that is different from your natural element, that might make it slightly difficult, but I'll still see what I can do to help you reach that goal. How much are you currently able to tap into your natural element?"

disciplinary action - [yakitsukeru]Dec 12, 2021 14:14:06 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yaki would think back on both her encounter with that dreaded Hyuuga and the Oorigami kid who had taught her the techniques that she had needed to know. Both pissed her off as well for one reason or another, but they were people she didn't need to interact with again. Two children brainwashed by the faulty will of fire that this village preached, but never practiced. She genuinely couldn't wait to leave this dreadful land for those beyond and gain a world view that she couldn't in such a superficial village as Konoha.

Listening intently to Tomomi as they spoke Yaki would follow every motion from the man intently. Focusing inwards she would try to discern her own nature, pushing chakra out and exuding it ever so much like sweat pouring from one who exercised. Draining herself faster as she focused before simply giving up as half her pool disappeared in an instant burst of chakra, taking a sharp breath from the sudden lose of energy she costed herself. All before replying, "Sssincerely I wasss never told of my own nature. My family isss not of shinobi dessscent ssso itsss hard to tell. However, if I plan to learn them all then knowing the fundamentals of all naturesss isss necesssary. Ssso whatever you can teach me about doton, fuuton, and sssuiton would be good enough."
TAGGED |
NOTES | Here

disciplinary action - [yakitsukeru]Dec 17, 2021 22:37:06 GMT -5
Yamanaka Tomomi
Yamanaka Tomomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
YAMANAKA TOMOMI
NINGYO/HIDARI

Never told? Now, that wouldn't do. She had exhausted herself trying to demonstrate even a small amount and wasn't able to manifest it. Her instructor in the academy really was doing her a disservice, failing to teach her any of this pivotal information.

"Give me a moment," Tomomi said. He allowed a chakra string to fly from his finger and pull open a drawer. After a second, it retreated with a few pieces of paper. He held up one sheet between two fingers, showing it off demonstratively.

"This is chakra paper. It helps to test your elemental affinity. It comes from a tree grown in a special way, fed off chakra. When you supply it with a small amount of chakra, it naturally reacts with your natural element." Tomomi poured some of their own chakra into it. Quickly, the paper turned to dirt between their fingers and crumbled away into nothing. He offered Yakitsukeru the other sheet of paper.

"Chakra nature is somewhat genetic, but not always. Even though your parents are not shinobi, it is very likely they would share a nature with you if they were," he explained. "Your affinity is essentially what element of nature your chakra core harmonizes with most. I harmonize most with doton. When you want to attempt to control your elemental chakra, it is important to try to embody the nature of it. When I want to use a doton technique, I breathe deeply and plant my feet, connecting myself to the earth solidly. I have to feel immovable and sturdy."

disciplinary action - [yakitsukeru]Dec 18, 2021 13:35:29 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
groupLeaf Shinobi

Fascinating! The existance of something this simple to understand the nature on one's chakra, if she had known she would have requested something of this nature long before the situation that she had fallen into of not even knowing the basics of her own chakra. Gladly, and far more respectfully than she had been before, she would take hold of the piece of paper. It was smooth between her fingers and she would look to it fascinated before she would pour chakra into the slip of paper. In an instant it would ignite like a spark had reached the paper and it would burn in a thin flame rapidly to ash in the palm of her hand... perhaps she had used too much of her own chakra? The reaction was clear as day though, ironic and fitting in equal parts.

"Fire. I sssuppossse you can not truly help me with that asss much asss I would hope. No matter, teach me more about doto," A pause as if she was mulling over something, her tone respectful enough for as sharp as she came off regularly, an eyebrow would raise as she realized how unintroduced the two had gone through this exchange, "Sssenssei? Or isss there sssome other name which I am to refer to you asss?"
TAGGED |
NOTES | Here

disciplinary action - [yakitsukeru]Dec 18, 2021 22:23:13 GMT -5
Yamanaka Tomomi
Yamanaka Tomomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
YAMANAKA TOMOMI
NINGYO/HIDARI

The paper lit like a match between Yakitsukeru's fingers and that would be a clear enough symbol. The natural chakra of fire. That made sense for her general mannerisms (and was quite common in Konohagakure regardless). She had a strong spirit. That was good - it meant that she was closer to the will of fire than many others. Why was Tomomi drawn to students with that spark of flame? It was an amusing trend.

Before they could continue their lesson, Yakitsukeru asked how to address them. They weren't an instructor, so sensei didn't feel quite appropriate.

"You can refer to me as Tomomi if you prefer," he offered. It was simple enough and Tomomi had found that such familiarity fostered better communication. With that established, he was ready to return to the lesson.

"I'll try to tell you more about doton as well as more about tapping into your own natural chakra," he said. "Chakra, in its nascent form, has no element. This is the chakra that we use for most of our techniques or can simply exert with minimal practice. In order to utilize your elemental nature, you need to manipulate the chakra within you to hold the form of the natural element. For most techniques, you do this by kneading the chakra inside of your gut, right at your chakra core. However, you can also do this by making contact with a naturally existent form of that element. A good way to practice doton, for example, is to place your hand on the ground and push your chakra into it, forcing your chakra to match the earth. A good way to practice katon would be to hold your hand near a flame and attempt to get your chakra to strengthen the fire."

disciplinary action - [yakitsukeru]Dec 21, 2021 0:06:03 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
groupLeaf Shinobi

Regarless of what Tomomi thought internally, Yaki was not concerned with what her nature was, instead focusing more on the concept of 'fire'. It would be the first of many concepts that she would simply have to domineer control over in time. As the older shinobi would respond to the inquiry as to what to call them. It came up fruitless in a manner that the girl preferred. Respect was given when it came to names for her, after all nothing was more disrespectful than referring to someone as what they were not... freak for an example, "You are rather informal dessspite your ssstation. Very well though, Tomomi, if need be you may call me Yakitsssukeru. Though I would still prefer if you called me by my family name, Tateyama. I do not mind humoring informality, but I like indulging in the small ressspectsss that I can get."

A pause before she would continue, "The firssst isss harmlesss enough to practice, I am sure I can manage to train myssself on the elemental release for earth if meditation and concentration isss all that isss needed," The girl would snicker as if this was all so pettily amusing. It was a stark improvement if it wasn't for the shallow sarcasm that followed, "On another hand an open invitation to ussse matchesss? Wonderful, another way to get in trouble within my classsesss."

TAGGED |
NOTES | Here

disciplinary action - [yakitsukeru]Dec 24, 2021 6:09:30 GMT -5
Yamanaka Tomomi
Yamanaka Tomomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
YAMANAKA TOMOMI
NINGYO/HIDARI

The young girl preferred her formalities. This was not surprising, as it was the case for most people in their society. Tomomi had no issue indulging this either, happy to refer to her as whatever it was that she preferred.

"Very well, Tateyama," Tomomi agreed, nodding their head slightly. "Most people prefer such address, so it bothers me none to give you that respect. I understand that my informality is odd. In a family as large as mine, referring to everyone as Yamanaka can become very confusing very quickly. Especially when appearance is not a very reliable indicator for telling the difference," they joked. The Yamanaka could (and, in their family, often did) trade bodies often. It made the question of identity all the more confusing for those outside.

The joke the young girl made made Tomomi smile. He laughed softly as well, glad that she was willing to be humorous with him, even if it was in a rather sarcastic manner. "You joke, but I would actually say yes. So long as you use them in a way that is not disruptive to your classes, I think that casual interaction with the elements is a good way to begin familiarizing yourself with those techniques. Your classmates won't appreciate it if you accidentally start any fires, so attempt to use them cautiously. Or only during outdoor training time, preferably. All Academy Students are eager to learn their elements - you showing advanced understanding of elemental releases might prove you're a step above your cohort."

disciplinary action - [yakitsukeru]Dec 31, 2021 13:49:59 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yakitsukeru would listen with an open ear as she soaked in what was being told to her from the instructor that she now found that was reliable enough for her. Two of her many snakes would crawl out from the collar of her shirt at this time, one curling around her neck snuggly while the other would slither its way into a wrapping motion over her wrist. Little attention being actively paid to either as she simply continued to listen, focused solely on the person before her.

"Interesssting, ssso becoming clossse to the element at hand isss how one would increassse their proficiency with itsss propertiesss? If that isss the cassse then what about sssuiton and futon? How did you train the affinitiesss to sssuch elements?" She would ask in quick succession, her obvious willingness to learn more about the things that interested her completely shadowing the previous unwillingness to even have a conversation. Like an animal baited into the trap, Tomomi had gotten the girl to open up, though not directly. Academically speaking though, she was being a rather well behaved and attentive student so far, even in such an impromptu lesson such as this. Her guard rose when she was being referred to, but it softened as long as the conversation was not directed at her... perhaps this was a side effect of her appearance and the trouble it gave her. But she obviously wanted to absorb anything that she could be taught.
TAGGED |
NOTES | Here

disciplinary action - [yakitsukeru]Jan 3, 2022 23:19:13 GMT -5
Yamanaka Tomomi
Yamanaka Tomomi Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
YAMANAKA TOMOMI
NINGYO/HIDARI

When the subject was on something she was very transfixed by, Yakitsukeru was a very active listener and was good at absorbing information. It showed that she was a good student, she just wasn't having her particular goals catered to. This could be a problem in broad academic settings. Not every shinobi was going to have the same goals as their peers. Even though there were some general important things for every single shinobi to know, not all of them were taught in a way that was conducive to reaching everyone. If she was having trouble in classes, it was because of other troublesome students and a lack of specificity. Tomomi would make sure to let her instructor know this.

"The second element I mastered was fuuton. It is almost the natural opposite to earth - the two have no relation on the hierarchy - so it was a bit of a tricky jump. Earth is solid and stationary and wind is free and expansive. A lot of my practice with learning how to control fuuton was in learning to train myself to let my chakra take new forms. Your nature means that you're going to be used to holding your chakra in a very specific way and you have to allow it to rearrange itself and take a new form if you want to learn a new element," he explained.

"When I was learning how to control it, I spent a lot of time meditating in nature, manipulating my chakra to flow like the wind, acting upon it, learning how to mimic the shape."