compose a reply
Now You See Me (Yakitsukeru) (Training)Nov 17, 2021 3:34:24 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
age 17 years old birthday 6/13 rank Genin occupation Team 1 Member
you play with the wolf

Today was...different for the green haired genin that sat at a table outside the academy. He was just a genin, so he usually found himself on the student end of the teacher student dynamic. But today, he would be on the other side.

He had seen a flyer on the academy's bulletin board while he was strolling through not to long ago. It had been seeking tutors for some of the academy students, specifically genin. They were to help the student they were paired with, learn one of the general academy jutsu. He put his name in the pot and he had received his match. A Tateyama Yakitsukeru.

The small scroll that gave Asahi his instructions had her name, a brief description of appearance, and the jutsu he was to teach. The physical description wasn't much, but it gave his golden eyes enough to work with. He looked at each passing person, looking for a girl with long black hair and red eyes.

Maybe she had received a scroll that would help her find him. It also helped that he was the only one sitting at the group of tables in the academy's front yard. But, there was also the chance she wouldn't show up...

Asahi went from sitting at the table to laying on the table's bench with his backpack used as a temporary pillow. He kept looking from his laying angle, but eventually his eyes drifted to the sky above.

The sixteen year old recalled looking up at the sky in the same way during his academy years, in the same front yard. It hadn't been that long ago all things considered. He let nostalgia come over him as he traded attention between looking for his temporary student and going back to his memories.
but you sleep with the bones of a rabbit

Notes: TEACHING Kakuremino no Jutsu [Cloak of Invisibility Technique] (E RAnk)

TAG: 
PYXIS

last edit by Ōorigami Asahi on Nov 17, 2021 3:41:27 GMT -5
Milu has written 379 posts
Now You See Me (Yakitsukeru) (Training)Dec 12, 2021 0:09:48 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
I do not wish to be called pretty anymore, I plan to make life beg me for forgivenesss instead.
Tateyama Yakitsukeru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday April 9th rank Genin occupation Sage Apprentice

This was an embarassment of a lesson given to her by her teacher. She was being punished once more... not that that in and of itself was public knowledge. What was public though was that the snake sage's younger student was "inept" with the academy techniques. Rumors spread to discourage her, likely. She was more agitated about the attachment of her true mentor's name than she was about the insult itself though. Other's did not get to decide her worth, or if she could do something, but she also found it uncooth to sully someone else's name over something so trivial and correctable. It was likely this reason that she had been made a canidate for the monthly teaching program mission that was given to genin to help Academy Students reach their graduation finally.

Having brought her cloak for the technique and more than a few snakes to try and scare her genin teacher, Yakitsukeru had made her way to a rather peculiar sight. A genin simply laying down atop a table, it would be humorous if not for her already growing distaste with the boy by virtue of his purpose here... not that playing mean would get her anywhere, but the point was made. She just had to complete the lesson if her sensei's wouldn't so this boy, whom she had barely bothered to remember the name of, would work as a wonderful stepping stone to her glorious rise to sagedom.

"Quite bored already I sssee, Oorigami-sssan."
TAGGED |
NOTES | Here
MUSE | Sealing You In Sound

Wisp has written 291 posts
Now You See Me (Yakitsukeru) (Training)Dec 12, 2021 23:52:23 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
you play with the wolf
The shifting of his attention between sky and searching ceased. Asahi's student for the day had approached him, a short girl fitting the description. She did have snake like red eyes, and her skin was so pale. The genin's golden eyes went to work remembering Yakitsukeru's appearance. He sat up as she spoke, and one of his eyebrows raised in confusion at her words. "Bored? Not at all! How could I be bored when I get to play the role of teacher, even if just for today. Excited is more accurate." Asahi said, his face returning from confusion to that neutral expression he commonly carried.

Although his face didn't give it away, what Asahi felt was excitement. But, it wasn't really excitement stemming from getting to try out teaching, or helping a student with a technique they were struggling with. His excitement came from getting to know this little academy student. To get to know the person she was now and was on the path to becoming. While she would learn the technique, Asahi would attempt to learn who she was. "Pleasure to meet you Tateyama-chan," he said with a bow. Then he got off the table and went down to a knee to unzip his backpack and get out the white cloth he would use.

As he did he asked, "Have you tried learning the technique already and just are struggling with some aspects, or are you starting from zero with this technique? If it's the first, what is it you tend to struggle with about this technique?" He paused for a moment. "I don't like being bored either, and I know this technique isn't the most exciting, but I promise not to bore you too much." Asahi finished with a small smirk as he looked back over his shoulder at her from his crouched position.

Notes: 

TAG: 
PYXIS

Now You See Me (Yakitsukeru) (Training)Dec 15, 2021 14:09:29 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
I do not wish to be called pretty anymore, I plan to make life beg me for forgivenesss instead.
groupLeaf Shinobi

"Wonderful! You're enthusssiassstic, I would have preferred bored." The young girl would say sharply. Having a deep hatred for the pain in the ass that was these sorts of characters, but she still had to deal with him for this remedial course so that she could do as she wanted and not as the academy was telling her to do. It would do her well to just get it over with. A single dark green snake would lift out from the collar of her overcoat and coil lazily about the girl's neck seeming to watch the boy's movements.

Yakitsukeru would at least take reprieve in the fact that he would immediately turn the copnversation to business. She didn't need to try and avoid giving this young man her life story because he wouldn't stop asking. She would hiss out a breath and then reply as she wrapped herself in her own cloak, "I already know the general information on the technique and I generally can ussse it to moderate effect, but actually blending is not consistently held with my technique. I have momentsss that the technique will jussst not work for me at all. Observe."

Yakitsukeru would place herself onto the ground to lay down, covering with the sheet and forming the handseal needed. The cloth beginning to blend to the earth below her, only to stop part way down the cloth, flickering between almost complete and regressing.
TAGGED |
NOTES | Here

Now You See Me (Yakitsukeru) (Training)Dec 16, 2021 18:23:05 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
you play with the wolf
The girl's sharp words didn't really phase Asahi, although her general attitude was noted in the genin's brain. Not too many children held a tongue that sharp. Sure, kids said what was on their mind, but there seemed to be something more behind the girls words. More intention than the spur of the moment word vomit that kids could sometime throw out without regard for the recipients feelings.

A dark green snake revealed itself from her collar, and that didn't phase Asahi much either. He had grown up in forest and explored the woods of Kawa. Snakes had been a common sight in the boy's life so far. Was it the girls pet? A familiar? With the snake coiled around her neck, the girl seemed even more snake like, with her eyes and the drag of her "s"'s.

She also didn't return his pleasantries, instead getting right to the purpose of why they had met here. This girl was...very interesting. She explained her situation and attempted the technique. Asahi stood above her observing the cloak's partial transformation.

When the girl would emerge from under the blanket, the smirk on Asahi's face would be gone. The usual neutral, hard to read expression, was held on his face instead as he analyzed the girl's technique and thought about his feedback.

"Well just from initial observation, the problem's you're facing with this technique probably stem from chakra control. When a technique is incomplete or performance of it is inconsistent, that is usually the case in my experience. That time, it seems like you just didn't exert and mold the right amount of chakra for the technique,"
the genin explained.

Asahi laid out on the ground himself, covering himself with the white cloth. As he went to perform the technique he talked through it. "Not only do you have to focus on using your chakra correctly, but with this technique you have to focus on the surface you are trying to blend in with, especially when the cloth you're using doesn't naturally blend with the surface you're trying to blend with." he said and did the handseal the technique required. The white cloth draped over him started to blend with the ground below, changing color and seemingly changing texture.

And in a blink Asahi was seemingly gone. If one studied the area he had performed the technique in, or watched him perform it, they would probably still be able to tell he was there. The technique wasn't perfect after all, but if in a pinch and needing to hide quickly, it was a useful technique. "As I was learning the technique, I found looking at the surface you're trying to blend in with, and I mean really looking at it, studying it, helped me a bit," he said as he lifted the cloth of him and stood again.

"Try again," he demanded with the tone of a teacher.

Notes: 

TAG: 
PYXIS

last edit by Ōorigami Asahi on Dec 16, 2021 18:23:17 GMT -5
Now You See Me (Yakitsukeru) (Training)Dec 18, 2021 18:13:36 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
groupLeaf Shinobi

Unnerving, this boy showed no problems with snakes... no more than that. He seemed intrigued more than scared by her, and that in itself was not something Yakitsukeru wanted from this strange boy. It was the sort of intuitive understanding that this was not positive attention, and this boy was not to be trifled with at her current power level. She needed more time to grow, not everyone was Shigure... even if she hated that boy's guts he was at least exceptionally harmless in intention... this boy gave her a much more dangerous vibe.

"More is lesss after all. I would have thought I was not usssing enough, but I sssuppossse that isss intriguing too. Usssing too much isss akin to not usssing enough. You interupt the technique with itssself." Yaki interpretted his words to what she understood that she had done. Looking below her she would steady herself to the earth and calm herself. A meditative state that she was used to learning for the basics of sage mode that she so desperately wished to learn, but was disallowed because she was not quite 'ready', "Mhmmm perhapsss I am looking at part of the technique wrong then."

The Raven-haired snake would form the seal once more as she was prompted, ignoring the unnerving change in attitude that seemed common with this Oorigami Asahi. A moment of clarity as she would still and the cloak would begin to change again. Taking on her surroundings so that she was farm harder to find under the cloak unless one were to squint, though it continued to flicker. She was still off from using too much into the mix of her techniques. Her pool itself causing the problem as she failed to control the large mass of energy.
TAGGED |
NOTES | Here

Now You See Me (Yakitsukeru) (Training)Dec 18, 2021 18:39:13 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
you play with the wolf
Asahi observed the girl silently as she went through the learning process. His gave her small nods at her words, encouraging her questions to herself. She went to try again and his golden eyes widened slightly as she performed the technique must better, although it was still incomplete. His expression returned to normal, but his words had some encouragement mixed in their tone. "That was close. Much better than the first time," he began before pausing. A thought crossed his mind and after taking a moment, he sat back on the bench of the table their interaction had started at. "Let's take a second. Mind answering something for me?"

If she allowed, the boy's eyes would stare into the girls before he let the question fly. "What's your goal as a shinobi? Or rather, what do you want to get out of your life as a shinobi? What's the drive behind your training and desire to graduate, be a genin and onward?" The question Asahi posed, seemingly out of nowhere.

Along with genuine curiosity, it did have some intention behind it. From his brief interaction with the snake like girl so far, he felt she had a lot of internal energy bouncing around. It was hard to put into words, but something told the boy that it was a little more difficult for Yakitsukeru to focus her chakra for some reason.

His questioning was to try and get an answer to what was going on inside the girls head. Behind her cold demeanor, why was she here and pursuing what she was pursuing? What was getting in the way of her focus? Once Asahi knew that, he had a feeling he could offer some advice to her that would help her get performing the technique down. From there it would just be a matter of repetition until it became comfortable for her.

But she had to get over this hurdle first. Granted, there was a chance the girl wouldn't even entertain his question, and then he would have to find another way around the potential wall blocking her progress.

Notes: 

TAG: 
PYXIS

Now You See Me (Yakitsukeru) (Training)Dec 26, 2021 18:41:13 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
groupLeaf Shinobi

The girl would groan internally as Asahi triedd to turn the conversation to asperations and goals... she had none that she would disclose to a snake that did not show its self first. This boy was attempting to coil into her mind, and she did not appreciate the sneaky manner in which he was conducting such attempts into his program of 'teaching' so he called it so far.

A rouse for she more or less guessed what she was doing wrong, but much like when she had trained with the old Hyuuga genin Shigure, the mistake was the same. All she needed was to correct the same issue, perhaps in that sense she could rely on her the quicker she corrected this the sooner she could stay far away from this boy who simply gave her bad vibes over all. Though she understood quite well that this could just be a farce made within her head that did not disappear in time thus far. Perhaps she was being overly cautious with this stranger... though something told her not to.

"I've never been asssked that before actually. I wasss forced into the academy whether I wanted to or not, ssso my goal now isss to finish. I will ssstudy under a sssage and be free of thisss village'sss restrictionsss. Your concept of drive doesss not fit mine certainly I would presssume, I am doing much of thisss to ssspite the asssholesss that plague thisss village."

Focusing on the ground she would meditate to her own internal energy and exhale deeply. This was going to take far longer if he had no suggestions, and her own meditation was more than enough for her.

TAGGED |
NOTES | Here

last edit by Tateyama Yakitsukeru on Dec 26, 2021 18:42:48 GMT -5
Now You See Me (Yakitsukeru) (Training)Dec 26, 2021 20:25:57 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
SOMEDAY WE WILL CONNECT THE DOTS AND UNVEIL THE WORLD
Asahi listened to the girls words with undivided attention. Study under a sage? Asahi had heard of that title and the strength behind it, but never really looked into what the position entailed. But whatever it did, it offered her freedom. The girls last statement was also something Asahi noted. She didn't have simple goals, and that last one, held some weight behind it. Spite was a powerful thing.

"Well obviously what drives us is going to be different, but I think the concept is something we share in understanding, and share in the way it impacts us," the green haired boy started with a shrug.

"I want to become a combat medic who is revered and feared in the field. That's how I'll get my freedom. But that's small. Beyond that, I want to learn as much as I can about this body, these creatures, and this world around us. I want to take that knowledge and apply it to create things that can influence and change the world I learned from. Whether that be one person or the entire world itself." Asahi returned the girls admission with an honest admission of his own. Behind his words was a fire, a burning curiosity that may never be put out. The thing behind a drive was something that could change of course, but right now, those words were his truth. "But this isn't about me, and this isn't about drive. It's about you, and pressure."

"I won't pretend to fully understand your goals, but I will say that many others have smaller, lighter goals than you or I. I'm sure if spite is what drives you, a lot of pressure comes with that. The heavier our goals are, the harder it is to clear the mind..." Asahi said, stating a struggle he dealt with. He had always been pretty good at chakra control and the fundamentals behind it, but that didn't mean the pressure still didn't come knocking at his concentration when he performed a technique that required it.

"So take all of what you just told me, let it give you the fuel you need, and then let it go. Throw it away. Empty yourself of everything beside the task at hand, the jutsu you're performing. That's easier said than done, of course, but try to do it as best you can. Empty your mind, lock the door, and ignore anything that pounds on it trying to be let in." Asahi echoed the words that were told to him when he struggled with something similar to the girls situation.

That was the advice the genin had to give. Whether it would prove helpful, or if the girl would even take it, well...he could only wait and watch.

Notes: 
Tag: 

MADE BY MINNIE OF FTS & GS
Now You See Me (Yakitsukeru) (Training)Jan 1, 2022 1:49:33 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yakitsukeru would listen from beneath her cloak and slowly feel the nerves on her forehead starting to nit and weave as if they were trying to twist away from the stupid logic of the boy that was supposed to be 'helping' her. Though it wasn't like what he was saying didn't have its own merits, but she simply didn't want to listen to some half-baked teenager trying to preach top her like he knew life in and out. Even Shigure hadn't been that unintelligable to actually try and raddle morals to someone who was very obviously not in the mood to listen to such things. HIs advice would come to her as a particularly stupid thing to be said, and it would for once in the long one sided speel bring out a response.

"Yesss, yesss. I need to just do what I do everyday to learn the path of the sage. That will be my solution to any situation at this point," she would hiss before returning to silence. Stilling her mind and forgetting her nerves long enough to cool her breathing to be faint and in line with the wind, reaching herself out into the natural world like it was the most logical thing to do. The hand signs forming with no issues as she began to disappear and vanish under her cloak.

She had succeeded, but she was also exceedingly spaced out as she continued to use the technique. Zoning out beneath the cloak for a good few minutes it felt like. Opening her eyes she looked over to Asahi and lowered the cloak, "Sssee itsss sssimple if thatsss all one hasss to do."
TAGGED |
NOTES | Here

Now You See Me (Yakitsukeru) (Training)Jan 1, 2022 14:25:01 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
SOMEDAY WE WILL CONNECT THE DOTS AND UNVEIL THE WORLD
Her response to his spiel and the tone she hissed at him in, was amusing. The boy smirked and sat back as she went to try the technique again. He watched as she disappeared before his eyes and that smirk turned to a smile. This time, her attempt was successful!

"Nice!" the genin said with excitement, but the girl didn't respond. She stayed under the cloak for quite a bit, and Asahi could piece together that she was deep in focus. Hmmm. She had gotten the technique down, but there was one more thing she needed to get down.

She was under the cloak long enough for Asahi to pull a kunai from his right hip pouch. Once she came from under the cloak to look at him, she would see it held out and pointed at her. "Glad you figured out a solution. That was good! Probably wouldn't have known you were there, had I not watched you do it." the boy began with praise.

The pleasure Asahi felt from seeing the girl get the technique down was genuine. "But, it's not that simple. It's not full proof. Some will see through your camouflage. So, you have to be present enough, while keeping that focus to recognize and respond to danger," the genin continued the lesson.

"But again, that was good," Asahi finished and returned the kunai to its pouch. He nodded as a mostly satisfied teacher. She would need to get quicker at performing it, and get better at finding that balance between deep focus and being present. But those were things she could practice on her own.

Notes: 
Tag: 

MADE BY MINNIE OF FTS & GS
Now You See Me (Yakitsukeru) (Training)Jan 3, 2022 23:00:31 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
groupLeaf Shinobi

It would be a good five or six minutes before the girl would come to and realize that she was in a bit of a situation. As her sheet would drop she would notice that the boy had approached her without her notice and, further, had pointed a real kunai to her neck. Her premonition of danger from this boy had held correctly, and the kunai near her face was more than enough a sign that she should not speak with this young man again... yes she would definitely avoid him unless she had too. She could go her whole life without Oorigami Asahi in any higher dosage than this. Definitely... her face would pale.

As soon as the knife was pulled from her throat Yakitsukeru would stand and scurry a few feet back to get her bearing, holding her posture defensively as if Asahi was peering into her. A look of frustrated displeasure mixing over her face as she continued to step backwards. She didn't want to be near someone that would point a knife at her so casually without thought. Turning she would run, run off the school grounds and make a dead sprint for her home. She hated this powerless feeling that came with the blood rushing through her body after the situation resolved.
TAGGED |
NOTES | Exit