Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday December 25th rank Genin occupation
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]王手
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]Checkmate!

[attr="class","skullbody"]On yet another calm winter morning young Jun would find herself about the town making her way towards a small park where several individuals could be seen enjoying their day young children making snowmen elderly couples on leisurely strolls and then there was Jun who today came equipped with a sketchpad and a bevy of brushes she’d take a seat on a park bench and would begin to begin doing what she does best drawing, the young girl relished the sounds of the outdoors be it people or animals and as such always found the background noise to help her calligraphy practice.
[break] [break]
As she sat on the small bench the girl would begin making brush strokes from memory working a particular seal, this one being the seal for "Silence." As she drew the seal the girl would focus on very small brush strokes to carve out the finer points of the inscription, starting with the surrounding details making the paper look almost like a flower in terms of the way that the scripture was woven. After taking out a moment to Iron out the finer details of the piece finally she’d mark down the larger of the two main kanji that make up the word Silence and after a few solid moments of work she’d eventually have a finished product.
[break] [break]
Looking upon it the girl would sigh. "Perfect.” she'd say admiring her piece. Only to be startled moments after as a pile of snow would land on the seat next to her. She'd curl up but would look to her book making sure the pages were unharmed and would sigh with relief. "Phew..."
[break] [break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]240 WORDS /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:480px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:451px;height:208px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/Cb5OWYI.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#8A2BE2;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:9px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:10px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#BF00FF;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:9px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:8px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Nov 26, 2021 16:55:33 GMT -5
Meep has written 348 posts
Art by Any other nameNov 26, 2021 19:43:36 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
If the world is cold, make it your business to build fires
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age birthday rank occupation
Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
-
T
here was always much business to be done about the village and Shuka found herself cooped up in her office more often than not, dealing with legal documents and the assignment of missions and signing endless papers. This activity could be very draining on a person and, worse, could dull the senses. Though she was committed to her job and the time required to perform it, she did know that she could not stay still for so many hours at a time if she wanted to keep her health.

That was why she was out today for a morning stroll. Before getting to her work, which would keep her busy for a great many hours, she wanted to stretch her legs and appreciate her beautiful village. It was good to keep centered in the mind all of those who you worked for, to see them going about their lives and remind yourself that it was them who you protected.

While looking over the people, her attention was called to a young woman when she jumped, surprised by falling snow. Shuka recognized her. Muramatsa Jun, a Genin who had just recently been promoted from the Academy.

Shuka breezed across the snowy ground of the park to approach her.

"Working on your seals, Jun?" She inquired.

ISHY of THQ & ADOXOGRAPHY

has written 436 posts
Art by Any other nameNov 27, 2021 0:42:53 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As the purple parka wearing girl looked down at her book she’d hear a voice and would turn to face her. "Lady Shuka! What brings you here!” the youth would say looking back with an excited look in her eyes.
[break] [break]
"And yes just some simple calligraphy practice, I’ve been working on a new dojutsu I plan on tracing later.” She’d turn the book holding it by the spine revealing the craftsmanship of the seal itself which had a far more elegant design, it looked less like a fuinjutsu seal and more like a painting. "Here, have a look.”
[break][break]
It was clear that Jun had an eye for craftsmanship, judging by the amount of detail going into the strokes, each one coming together to form a creative display. "What do you think? I wanted to keep the original design of the seal while emphasizing the details, before constructing the Kanji. I’ve drawn so many seals that it’s honestly become something of a hobby for me.” she’d say as she traced the lines with her fingers.
[break][break]
Jun's eye for fuinjutsu was prevalent in the way she drew her seals, with her father having instilled that in her at a young age as a way of making memorization fun. "What brings you to the park my lady?" she’d say, giving the Yuki Lady her full undivided attention whilst still keeping her book open.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]248 WORDS / @shukayuki

[newclass=.skullhover]width:480px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:451px;height:208px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/Cb5OWYI.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#8A2BE2;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:9px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:10px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:9px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:8px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Nov 27, 2021 0:46:22 GMT -5
Art by Any other nameNov 27, 2021 1:24:38 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
-
L
eaning in slightly, she would observe the details of the seal. The complex lines and forms. It really was a gorgeous thing, the skill representing how much time Jun put into her work. She was clearly very dedicated to the craft. If she had not become a shinobi, it was very likely that she would have become a prominent calligrapher or artist. Perhaps in her retirement years it would be something she could pursue, if she did not become a sensei for the next generation. That was something for consideration years down the line.

"I think it is very impressive. I can tell you have been working at this for a long while. Being able to conceal your seals within artwork is a very interesting talent as well. It might serve you well when dealing in espionage in the future." Having the ability to hide your talents and avoid being spotted as a shinobi was often helpful on undercover missions.

As for what brought her to the park,

"I decided I would like to come out for a walk this morning before I set about my usual work. Even I need fresh air sometimes," she said. "I enjoy seeing the people of the village and occasionally having encounters like this. It is good to be able to check in on a young shinobi's progress. How have you found being a Genin thus far?"

has written 436 posts
Art by Any other nameNov 27, 2021 1:47:42 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As the Village Lady praised her work Jun was giddy from the praise she had always fancied herself a bit of a hobbyist in some part but still appreciated the kind words none the less however when she spoke of espionage the girls eyes lit up. "Espionage really, me? You’re too kind, I consider myself more of a tactician than anything.” It wasn’t an avenue she had considered since the girl was mostly more so someone who acted much like a thinker rather than a spy but it was easier to come up with a plan when your opponent wasn’t aware you were there afterall.
[break] [break]
But then came the follow up question how life was treating her as a genin. "Well I’ve already met one of the members of my team Imagawa Taji he’s an interesting sort I’m happy to have him as part of the team we’re set to take on a mission shoveling some snow in the coming weeks, it isn’t much but it’s honest work.” she’d say with a spirited smile the girl seemed quite eager to fufill her duties and was happy to be part of something bigger than herself. "I’ll admit I feel that extra time I spent really helped me find myself, had you not recommended that I retake the exams I wouldn’t be the shinobi I am today. Thank you my lady.” the girls response was genuine.
[break] [break]
When she first entered the academy after her family had arrived in Yukigakure some 6 years ago she was incredibly eager to prove to the world what she could do with Fuinjutsu relying heavily on her dojutsu to get through many of the exams rigorous tests. And while she did well it would only take her so far and after failing her exam she spent the next 3 years honing her craft dabbling in a little bit of everything never wanting to repeat her failure, always wanting to be 3 steps ahead at any given moment. That period of rediscovery was lengthy but the lessons and knowledge she obtained were invaluable.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]342 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Nov 27, 2021 1:48:24 GMT -5
Art by Any other nameDec 1, 2021 19:46:41 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
-
T
he young shinobi thanked her for encouraging her to repeat her exams. It was a sweet gesture, though Shuka thought she was given too much credit in it. Of course she was going to encourage a repeat; it would have been a shame to lose a potential shinobi over one mistake and a slight lack of experience. It was not extremely uncommon to fail the exam even several times before finally moving on to being a genin. The process was careful and rigorous for a reason; no one wanted to send an unprepared shinobi out to their deaths.

"Of course. I could not see a talented young woman like you put down your own talents and give up after one mistake. Failure and trying again are important parts of life and learning how to adapt to your failures is a tremendously important skill. I could tell that you had what it took to develop and become even stronger after your initial mistake. That is something I am always looking for in shinobi and it is something that, I believe, will make you an excellent tactician given time," she said.

Not wanting to idle here, she began to walk, motioning for Jun to come with her. "Do you have any thoughts on what direction you would like to go with your career? It is a little early, but it is still good to begin planning for your development young."

has written 436 posts
Art by Any other nameDec 1, 2021 21:16:48 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As the girl sat and listed to the lady’s wise words she hung onto everything she said almost like she were a student again meeting her for the first time in the academy. "And it’s for that reason that I’ve chosen to redouble my efforts, I’m confident I will not fail my lady.” after a moment however she motioned for the girl to come with her to which the youth would stand and follow a gentle snowfall coming over the morning something that wasn’t too uncommon in Yukigakure especially during the biting winter cold.
[break] [break]
As the two of them walked the Yuki lady would ask just what it was she wanted to do as a career in the future. The girl hadn’t thought of it too much but she did have a plan. "Well there was a part of me that contemplated joining the Gouka but I’m uncertain if I have the skills for it, working among those ranks requires a great deal of preparation and quite frankly I don’t think I’ll be ready for it once provided I pass the chunin exams.” she’d say placing a hand on her chin and thinking deeply.
[break] [break]
"I’d contemplated perhaps being a member of one of the operations team or maybe even leading a small team of genin should I prove capable enough.” the girl wasn’t really sure what it was she wanted to do and figured that it’d be best to let the Yuki lady or other decide where her talents fit best and she always accounted for the possibility of failure and seemed to have a backup plan for almost any outcome. "I will do whatever you think is best for me my lady.” she’d say placing her hands behind her back as she ambled forward.

[break] [break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]295 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
Art by Any other nameDec 9, 2021 20:23:41 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
-
L
oyal words, but also uncertain ones. It was always good to have a soldier who was willing to accept placement and be given direction based on their skills, but it was also important in any career for them to be satisfied with what they did. Engaged in their work, proud of it, enthused by it. Shuka could look at Jun's skills as they developed and place her anywhere, but if Jun did not enjoy the position, then she ultimately would not be as efficient as she was fully capable of being. Shuka was fine commanding people where they would work well, but she did want to at least slightly consider their perspective on the subject.

"That is a wide variety options. It is good that you are keeping your horizons so open. That means that you will not miss anything if a passion begins to develop. As you go on missions, focus on the ones that you find yourself enjoying the most. The ones that you feel you performed well on, of course, but also the ones that gripped you. The missions that made you want to better yourself. Those are important to consider in your career. You want to go into something that is always pushing you to grow as a person and as a shinobi."

has written 436 posts
Art by Any other nameDec 10, 2021 22:20:46 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As the young girl listed to her leaders wise words she’d think on them something. "The missions that drive her and push me forward.” the words would bounce in her head. "Just what do I want to do…” she’d wonder she would think on her time in the academy and how she failed her first exam and how she made her focus resonate more towards the avenue of overall mastery.
[break] [break]
"Well I’m still working on a few things so there’s a lot to take into consideration, but hopefully I’ll be able to find my footing, I’d like to think personally I work well as part of a team.” the girl would then hear her follow up point about taking on missions and using those as examples.
[break] [break]
"Perhaps I can use missions I go on with teammates as a means of broadening my horizons, I'll take your words into account thank you my lady.” she’d say looking to her nations leader. But as she continued her conversation with the nation leader the girl would recall his situation the last time the two of them sparred remembering something. "And speaking of potential teammates…Madam I’d like to ask you something, this may seem invasive and forgive me if it seems to but, would you happen to know of a shinobi named Yuki Hinata.” She’d ask giving her pause to see if the name jogged anything in her memory.
[break] [break]
"I’m worried about him there was an incident during one of our training sessions that I think may have traumatized him, he mentioned that I would need to speak with you in order to gain permission to get into the compound." the girl would say with concern in her voice.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]280 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Dec 10, 2021 22:21:57 GMT -5
Art by Any other nameDec 10, 2021 22:55:01 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
-
T
he young shinobi said that she would take the Yuki Lady's words into account. That was good - encouraging, even. She was very young and still a fresh genin. That meant that she had plenty of room and plenty of time to grow. Every day and every new mission, every new trial was a step in a person's growth that would allow them to develop to the ultimate point of where they belonged. As long as Jun was careful and did her work with consideration, she would develop and come to do great things.

The topic shifted to something else. Her nephew, Yuki Hinata. Apparently there had been some sort of trouble during a training event. That was concerning. Shuka was thinking of promoting him onto Jun's genin team, so knowing they would be able to work together appropriately was very important.

"We are very familiar. He is my younger brother's son, my nephew," she confirmed. "Would you be able to tell me what occurred?" She didn't want to provide access without knowing more context.

has written 436 posts
Art by Any other nameDec 10, 2021 23:42:12 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]The woman would reveal her relationship to the young Yuki and as such the girl would think, "I see so that’s how he knows her.” it would appear her potential teammate directly related to the nations leader however it didn’t really change her opinion of him truthfully but living in such a shadow couldn’t be easy and she did wonder how he felt about it.
[break] [break]
After being asked what had happened the youth would explain."Well were having a sparring match at the training field…and during our session, I utilized my clans Dojutsu to perform a fuin seal that would brand his clothes and bind a massive weight to his body. But after he was hit his reaction to the sight of the fire was disturbing." The girl would pause to allow her to digest her words.
[break] [break]
As the flame branded his body he began screaming, shouting that he gave up and practically froze when I tried to him calm down. It was...sickening his actions…were that of someone who had been traumatized…I released him shortly after and he headed home, but it was clear he was shaken.”
[break] [break]
The tone of guilt could be heard in Jun’s voice as she spoke and even though it wasn’t her fault her concern for him never left her mind. "I feel like I hurt him and I want to apologize.” her words were sincere and she only hoped that the clarification was enough for the Yuki Lady to grant her request.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]246 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Dec 10, 2021 23:43:47 GMT -5
Art by Any other nameDec 17, 2021 20:53:25 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
-
E
xplaining what had happened made the issue quite clear indeed. Fire. Shuka was not personally aware of his feelings towards it, but it was easy enough to guess. The scar on his face that he had gained in that place, under experimentation, had to have come from somewhere. Someone who was intimately familiar with combat, as Shuka was, would recognize the kind of scar in an instant. No other injury scar looked like that. The way it made the flesh swirl because it had melted the body. Recognizable anywhere.

"The scar he has on his face," Shuka began. "He was burned. It is very likely that your dojutsu made him recall that experience and that was what frightened him. You didn't harm him, at least not physically," she assured. "It is sad that this has happened, but it is also good for one to learn their teammates' potential weaknesses. I give you my permission to go and talk with him."

has written 436 posts
Art by Any other nameDec 18, 2021 2:56:29 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]The girl would listen to words of her leader Jun would feel her heart sink as she had learned of the boy’s fate. A burn caused by an injury of some kind when he was a child that seemingly produced a scar on his eye. "I can see how that would traumatize anyone.” the youth would say somberly, however after a moment the Yuki Lady would grant her request to make her way towards the clans compound much to her delight.
[break] [break]
But having learned such news she felt a bit uneasy about the entire thing and wasn’t sure if the scar on his face was something that needed to be addressed however it did worry her a great deal, but perhaps the youth would need to bide her time before bringing it up since truth be told it wasn’t really her business anyway.
[break] [break]
Even still she hated seeing someone in distress and wanted to do whatever it was she felt she needed too in order to rectify the situation. "Thank you My Lady I appreciate your graciousness. I'll do my best not to overstay my welcome, knowing what I know now I owe it to him to go see him. could you perhaps show me the way?” the youth would ask.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]208 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
Art by Any other nameDec 18, 2021 20:48:21 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
-
T
he two were already on a walk, so it seemed an easy enough request to show the young woman to the clan compound. The Yuki clan had always been a friendly and open one. Though recent years had some seen developments, with them attempting to bend to the harsher whims of the 3rd Lady before she was unseated, many had not been able to hide the openness and kindness in their hearts. It was still not quite allowed for people outside the clan to roam completely freely in total perpetuity, but it wasn't as though the Yuki clan had anything to hide. Their power was borne from their bloodline and not a secret technique, so no spying could betray them, and thus their security was not built on any such paranoia.

She nodded and turned their walk in the direction of the clan compound. It was not particularly far off and only a few minutes would need to pass before they would reach it. As she lead Jun that way, she continued to talk with her.

"He will probably be squeamish to speak of it and embarrassed about the exchange," Shuka warned her. "I know you have a natural curiosity, but it is likely prying on his background will cause more harm than good. ...He's quite sensitive."
has written 436 posts