A Non-Senju and a Non-Uchiha Meet [Kurai]

compose a reply
A Non-Senju and a Non-Uchiha Meet [Kurai]Dec 29, 2021 13:00:24 GMT -5
Takahashi Kurai
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Takahashi Kurai Avatar
groupnull
age 25 years old birthday Feb. 17 rank Chunin occupation Gate Guard/Junsa/SSM
Kurai nodded a bit at Rentaro's comment before taking another drink from his bottle. Although learning a bit from Rentaro's experience with FEAR might be useful, Kurai does not believe it will be that much of help considering the unpredictability of this event. Still, Kurai would be interested in knowing what sort of madness occurs there...if the Jounin manages to survive that is.

The blue-eyed guard finished up the rest of his drink rather quickly as the Iwa shinobi asked his own question. "Correct." Kurai said as he placed the empty bottle on the table. He was indeed a chunin which could be a little embarrassing to some, considering that he and Rentaro took part in the Chunin Exams at the same time. If Rentaro is a Jounin now, Kurai should be too, but for reasons, the man was still a Chunin. Kurai did not mind though. He was not competing against others or anything like that. He was slowly working on getting his rank up though, but it's not something he wants to rush.

He then took out an official badge. "I'm also an officer." Kurai claimed, referring to his position in the Public Safety Division of the Water Dragon Corps. He's basically the equivalent of a police officer, patrolling the village, keeping the peace, arresting folks, all of that good stuff. Although Kurai is a little more....unforgiving with his methods when it comes to dealing with the more rowdy folks. "Also explains why we've been getting some dirty looks the moment we stepped in here." Kurai said casually. He assumes that Rentaro had already noticed, but if he hasn't, some folks were giving the two the side-eye every so often. They were either folks that Kurai ran into during his patrols, have previously been arrested, or know folks who he has arrested. This was nothing new to Kurai and he was confident that they wouldn't try anything stupid...for the most part.

"Guessing you're a Genin Squad Leader?" Kurai asked. Personally, Kurai could not see himself teaching any genin. He did have to temporarily....as a punishment, but it only further made him not a fan of the idea. Hopefully, the Mizukage will not force him into such a position again...and hopefully not a permanent one.

[REDACTED]#0033 has written 267 posts
A Non-Senju and a Non-Uchiha Meet [Kurai]Jan 2, 2022 20:18:53 GMT -5
Takeuchi Rentaro
Takeuchi Rentaro Avatar
groupnull
age 26 years old birthday March 4th rank Jounin occupation Tsuchikage's Assistant
His comment was correct since he based himself on Kurai stating earlier he was a Chuunin and was keeping an eye out for the people that entered and left the village. Rentaro remembered the days he was Chuunin and had to do some shifts as a Gate Guard, it was something almost everyone that was a Chuunin or used to be a Chuunin did at some point. He proved himself as a capable Shinobi multiple times to the point that he managed to reach the rank of Jounin.

"Oh? You're an officer? Oh right..." At that moment he remembered that both Kirigakure and Mizu no Kuni counted with a military of their own aside from shinobi, but shinobi were still able to join it as an auxiliary position. The Public Safety Division of the Water Dragon Corps, definitely interesting. "So aside from your job as a shinobi I take it you also participate in policing activities? He asked, it was obvious that the question was yes, but still he couldn't help me at least a little interested in what they do. That also explained why they got some dirty looks, well most people didn't like police officers as they were seen as the people that always ruined the fun. Although, he could tell Kurai just wanted to relax and drink something, just like him.

"A genin leader? Nah... I'm not suited for that kind of thing. I'm the Tsuchikage's Assistant." Rentaro said, although it wasn't surprising that Kurai believed he was a Genin Team Leader since Jonin frequently saw themselves leading and teaching a group of genin. It did not suit him, not long after his promotion to Jounin he was offered the position of assistant. "I never even had the chance to take the position of a Genin Leader, but I can't see myself as one. I got offered the position of assistant not long after my promotion to Jounin." Many changes came after Iwagakure's Civil War, with a chance to work under the new Tsuchikage and make the village a better place for everyone.
has written 149 posts
A Non-Senju and a Non-Uchiha Meet [Kurai]Jan 2, 2022 21:02:54 GMT -5
Takahashi Kurai
Takahashi Kurai Avatar
groupnull
Kurai nodded. He may not be in uniform now, but the man always keeps his badge on him because even though he was off...officers were never truly free from their job. Something could go down at any moment so Kurai needed to remain vigilant. Having these two jobs have made Kurai a really observant person, of course, he was not on the same level as someone with a sharingan, but most things do not get past him. "Yeah. I'm sure you're aware, but Kirigakure has a little crime problem." Crime being an understatement. Kirigakura isn't exactly a place full of saints. Kurai was not exactly sure how things operated in most other villages, but Kiri certainly has a high crime rate, especially in certain areas which increased after the civil war. It was a large part of the reason why the Water Dragon Corps were found.

"I mostly do patrols at night. It's usually when the most trouble is happening." Kurai added, though it honestly felt dangerous no matter the time. The amount of times Kurai has gotten into fights when they were supposed to be simple arrests was too much to count on his fingers. Hell, half of the time, crooks purposely try chasing him down just because he's an officer....though part of him welcomes these attempts. It just gives him an excuse to get his hands dirty.

"An assistant huh?" Not just an assistant, but an assistant for the Tsuchikage. Not the most action-oriented, but it was a big position, a really important one. Kurai could honestly not see himself being the Mizukage's assistant, not only because of the paperwork since he has to do some paperwork anyway as a guard...but also because Toru does not seem to be the...greatest to get along with. Kurai still respects the Mizukage....but maybe he was just still a bit sore about getting written up...along with being forced to go on a mission with a genin squad as a punishment.

"You must be one of the most respected people in your village." Kurai added. He certainly comes off as some sort of prodigy. Kurai could not exactly say the same about himself.

A Non-Senju and a Non-Uchiha Meet [Kurai]Jan 4, 2022 23:37:35 GMT -5
Takeuchi Rentaro
Takeuchi Rentaro Avatar
groupnull
age 26 years old birthday March 4th rank Jounin occupation Tsuchikage's Assistant
Rentaro nodded in response to Kurai's comment. It was indeed true that Kirigakure was dealing with some problems, but he knew that the Mizukage was working to fix them. Well, things had to be that bad if they had a dedicated police force to handle those things, too. Although Gate Guards and some other shinobi did something similar to policing activities, it was never something permanent or formal like in Kurai's case where he had a badge and everything.

"...You mainly work at night? Yeah, no way would I be able to do your job." The moment he heard he worked at night, he said no, that was definitely not his type of work. He hated working at night, sometimes he had to stay up late or do so, but it wasn't often. The night was a time to rest and relax for him, but some people had preferences and he couldn't deny that Kurai's job was important. It was simply not his cup of tea. "Well, I can't deny your job is quite important given Kirigakure's circumstances."

Indeed, being the assistant to the Kage was quite a big deal and a well-respected position. Rentaro worked directly under the Tsuchikage and assisted her in leading the village, between other tasks. Well, he was more of a brain instead of brawn type of guy so he was fine with office work. It got a bit tiring from time to time, but he preferred that over a long mission that involved having to leave his village and then come back.

"Eh, I guess so. I mean I really don't consider myself as such, but given my position, probably." He shrugged, despite being someone that worked directly under the Tsuchikage and Jounin, he didn't think too highly of himself. Well, if people respected him that was fine, but Rentaro wasn't particularly the type of man to care too much about that kind of thing. However, he was at least respected due to both rank and position.
has written 149 posts
A Non-Senju and a Non-Uchiha Meet [Kurai]Jan 5, 2022 15:07:21 GMT -5
Takahashi Kurai
Takahashi Kurai Avatar
groupnull
Kurai chuckled lightly at Rentaro's night comment. "Yeah, working at night isn't for everyone." Kurai said with a light shrug. He could see why a lot of folks disliked working at night, but Kurai very much preferred it. The chunin tends to feel a lot more focused during the darker hours, feeling like he is in his element. Suppose one could say it goes well with his dark and brooding demeanor, but he didn't like the nightlife just because of the settings.

The night tends to attract the most troublemakers, and Kurai likes putting himself into the middle of that trouble. Meant confronting more criminals who were more likely to resist, meaning that Kurai got to knock some heads. This also stems all the way back to Kurai's preference of taking missions that tend to need to be done at night, eventually giving him the nickname of The Nightfall Swordsman to most who knew him in this village.

"Hmm, can't say I can ever see myself as an assistant. I don't really have the patience for that." Kurai said, sort of mirroring what Rentaro said about the whole working at night stuff. Not just being the assistant to a kage, but being an assistant, in general, wasn't Kurai's cup of tea....unless he was assisting in battle. Kurai already has to do paperwork from time to time-related to gate guarding, certainly not as much as an assistant but he still was not a fan. Still, it was his job and Kurai was not going to slack off on it.

With a bit of time going by and his drink finished, Kurai stretched a little and tilted his head from side to side a bit to crack his neck a little. "Think I should be heading off now." Kurai claimed as he gestured one of the nearby employees to come over and paid for both his and the Iwa Jounin's drinks. "Nice talking to you, Rentaro." Kurai said as he got up. "Have a good one...Don't die." Kurai added, referring to FEAR. He still wanted to hear a little about what goes on there from Rentaro...if he survives. With that, Kurai gave the man a bit of a nod before heading out.

-Exit- (Unless you want to continue then feel free to stop him!)

A Non-Senju and a Non-Uchiha Meet [Kurai]Jan 12, 2022 18:26:19 GMT -5
Takeuchi Rentaro
Takeuchi Rentaro Avatar
groupnull
It was evident the two men had different choices, while Kurai was more of an action-oriented person that preferred to do his job at night. Rentaro preferred to stay behind the office, although he had to admit it got boring from time to time. He found it more tolerable than patrolling at night. Well, for Kurai's job it made sense. Most troublemakers lurk at night instead of day, since they believe they have lower chances of being caught.

Anyway, he had enjoyed the conversation with the man that was around his age. One of the last things he expected was to end up having a drink with a shinobi from Kirigakure upon arrival, but he was fine with it. "Alright then." Rentaro gave him a nod the moment he said he was going to head out now. He probably had something else to do so he decided not to interrupt them. It was time for him to head out as well and focus on the matter at hand, the FEAR Event. "Same here... And don't worry, I wouldn't." At this point he had gone through his own fair share of deadly missions, the FEAR Event would probably be something like that. The possibility of death always lurked around the corner as a Jounin, but by the looks of it was going to be an experience of its own.

Not long after Kurai left the place, Rentaro followed, after all there was no point on staying there any further.

[Exit Thread]
has written 149 posts