A Non-Senju and a Non-Uchiha Meet [Kurai]

compose a reply
A Non-Senju and a Non-Uchiha Meet [Kurai]Nov 28, 2021 13:03:15 GMT -5
Takeuchi Rentaro
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Takeuchi Rentaro Avatar
groupnull
age 26 years old birthday March 4th rank Jounin occupation Tsuchikage's Assistant
It has been a while since Rentaro had last been to Kirigakure, the last time there he had met the new young Mizukage, Kaguya Toru. A rather interesting person that had quite a mature mentality despite his young age, it was something not a lot of people had, which made him believe he would become a good leader at some point, despite his inexperience. This time he came to the allied village with a different reason, participating in the FEAR event out of pure boredom and small interest. However, he had no clue what the actual event consisted of, nobody ever went in-depth with the details and rules of the event. He had some hope that he would get some explanation before the actual event started.

Rentaro arrived at the country at least a few days prior to the start of the event, he wanted to take some time to check out the village, maybe get the chance to eat some food, and be fully rested up prior to the event. After all, the trip to Mizu no Kuni took some time, it wouldn't be good if he arrived just a few hours before the event, at that point, he'll just rather sleep and not attend it. Anyway, he arrived at the gate entrance of the village and was welcomed by the sight of a gate guard that made sure nobody unauthorized entered the village. The headband from Iwagakure was clearly visible, followed by the standard red uniform and flak jacket under his black overcoat. "Takeuchi Rentaro, Jounin from Iwagakure." He said, presenting the letter that had been signed by the Mizukage in order to allow him entrance into the village and the FEAR event.
has written 149 posts
A Non-Senju and a Non-Uchiha Meet [Kurai]Nov 28, 2021 23:11:45 GMT -5
Takahashi Kurai
Takahashi Kurai Avatar
groupnull
age 25 years old birthday Feb. 17 rank Chunin occupation Gate Guard/Junsa/SSM
Ever since his...unfortunate first encounter with the current Mizukage, Kurai made sure to take his position a lot more seriously. It was like he was a teen again when he first started out as a gate guard. He focused entirely on the job without getting distracted. He even left his books at home...especially the current romance novel he was kind of hooked on. He did not even stare at a single tree nor thought about his wood release abilities once today. He was solely focused on checking folks who wanted to enter or leave the village. He checked their papers and did searches whenever needed. So far, he was on top of his game. It even surprised his shift partner.

But now Kurai's shift for the day was nearing its end, but not without having to see one more person through.

A man donning an eyepatch and an Iwagakure headband approached the entrance to the village. He also had on that village's standard shinobi attire. Given the alliance between the two villages, Kurai wasn't suspicious about that, but as with anyone else, he needed to go through the procedures as well. As the man got closer, however, Kurai couldn't help but have a small sense of familiarity with this guy.

Has he seen him somewhere before?

The moment he said his name though, Kurai realized who he was.

Kurai did not say anything at first and instead took the paper to give it a look. So...he was here to participate in the annual FEAR event. That even was purely chaotic...and a blood bath. Kurai would be lying if he said he hadn't considered participating, but he still felt that even at his rank, he needed to hone his skills a little more before attempting it. So the guard was going to sit this one out...for now.

Kurai gave his shift partner the letter to give it a second look as he did a simple inspection if allowed to, to make sure Rentaro did not have anything suspicious on him. Everything seems to check out, the letter as well. After getting the letter back from his partner, Kurai handed it back to Rentaro and glanced over at his hidden eye once more. "Sharingan Rentaro..." Kurai simply said, the name even catching his shift partner off guard. "From the exams." the blue-eyed guard claimed, doubting that he'd remember him though since Kurai did not leave much of a similar impact.

Either way, Kurai gave Rentaro the all-clear to head in, and at the same time, the guard's shift was up and two more guards came in to take Kurai and his partner's place. Kurai's shift partner gave a nod before heading off which Kurai did in return, but before he decided to go anywhere, the swordsman took out a cigarette from his pack and placed it in his mouth before lighting it with a lighter.

[REDACTED]#0033 has written 267 posts
A Non-Senju and a Non-Uchiha Meet [Kurai]Nov 30, 2021 17:05:58 GMT -5
Takeuchi Rentaro
Takeuchi Rentaro Avatar
groupnull
age 26 years old birthday March 4th rank Jounin occupation Tsuchikage's Assistant
The guard in front of him didn't show any problems, there really wasn't, both villages were allied and the presence of an Iwagakure Shinobi didn't prove to be an issue at all. Rentaro noticed that the guard was looking at him rather strangely, but he didn't know the reason behind it. Maybe it had to do about the FEAR event, since as far as he was aware that event was done once a year in Kirigakure. Although, the rules and objectives that made it so popular were unknown to him. That was until the man called him by the title that distinguished him specifically from other Shinobi "Sharingan Rentaro" the nickname that was given to him during the Chuunin Exams due to his Sharingan. It has been a while since he had been called like that. "Huh... It's been a while since I've been called by that. So you were in those Chuunin Exams? ...Do I know you?" By the looks of it, Kurai knew him, but he didn't know him, or maybe did not remember him. So he decided to ask if they knew each other in any way.

"A fan? Want an autograph? Kidding..." He said, in a laid-back and almost banter-like way, it was clear he was joking. No way he was going to give an autograph, he wasn't that prideful, nor did he see himself as such. Rentaro was merely just a clanless Shinobi that possessed the Uchicha's Kekkei Genkai. Anyway since he was given the all-clear, he proceeded to walk past the entrance gate and into the village. If the man managed to recognize him, then it meant that he was around the Chuunin Exams, either as a participant or a spectator. By the looks of it he didn't seem that young at all, so there was a high chance.
has written 149 posts
A Non-Senju and a Non-Uchiha Meet [Kurai]Dec 1, 2021 10:54:35 GMT -5
Takahashi Kurai
Takahashi Kurai Avatar
groupnull
So Kurai's suspicions were right, this is in fact that guy from the exams. He certainly left an impression on a lot of folks back then, baring the sharingan despite not being an uchiha, even if it is just one of his eyes. It led many, including Kurai to wonder how he obtained it. It was clear he was not born with that eye...so there was only one conclusion.

"Yeah, I participated in those exams...but we never confronted each other." Kurai claimed. The two did not have direct interaction with each other, but Kurai did witness some of Rentaro's battles and such when he was waiting. If Kurai remembers correctly, Rentaro failed...but that didn't stop him it seems. Kurai passed, but he hasn't been promoted from his chuunin rank since the exams, not that he minds. Kurai has gotten used to his current duties and responsibilities...Plus it wasn't like he needed to achieve a higher rank to become stronger.

"Takahashi Kurai." the man gave his name with a light nod. He already knew Rentaro's name, so it only made sense to tell him his in return. "Also, no, I'm good. Probably be worth a lot of money though..." Kurai answered, joking a bit as well.

With his shift over, Kurai proceeded through the gate as well. The guard was on his way to grab a drink at a nearby bar, maybe take a smoke break and he just so happened to be going the same path as Rentaro. Not being that big of a talker, Kurai was not going to say anything else and just be on his way, but he glanced over at Rentaro's eye patch once more. As he thought more about that sharingan, Kurai couldn't help but think about his own Kekkei Genkai...if he could even call it his own. Similar to Rentaro, Kurai also possesses an ability he should not have....Mokuton.

Unlike Rentaro, Kurai did not obtain his ability to use Wood Release from being infused with any Senju cells....at least as far as he's aware of. It was more of a genetic throwback, most likely from an ancestor who happened to be of that clan. Though, Kurai has yet to get a complete grasp on his Mokuton. So far, the only time he has been able to use Wood Release was during unintentional moments where his emotions flare up, either causing small branches to either protrude from parts of his body or from whatever he is currently touching. As far as actual jutsu, he has yet to learn any because of how difficult it is for him to control.

Maybe Rentaro could be of some assistance...?

"Pardon my asking, but...how exactly did you get that eye?" Kurai asked. If Rentaro did not want to answer then Kurai wouldn't force him. He knows what it's like to keep something like this a secret, which is why he hasn't said anything about his own ability yet. "I imagine you have a good grasp on its capabilities?"

A Non-Senju and a Non-Uchiha Meet [Kurai]Dec 4, 2021 21:28:20 GMT -5
Takeuchi Rentaro
Takeuchi Rentaro Avatar
groupnull
It was expected for him to be known as such, he was a clanless person with their most notable quality being his implanted Sharingan. Just like how clans were known for their respective Kekkei Genkai and Hijutsu, he was known for a dojutsu that had been implanted into his left eye.

"Hm... I see... He nodded, placing his hand below his chin. Rentaro only managed to pass the first rounds, but after that, he ended up losing one battle because he passed out. Despite training months prior his body was still adapting to the Sharingan and fighting in the Chuunin Exams drained him to the point he passed out and was no longer able to continue the exams. After that fight, he spent the entirety of the next day in bed due to the strain the dojutsu had on his body. His fights were good enough to end up having a lasting impression on the spectators and the exam proctors.

"Hah... Yeah, probably." He replied back, it was more of a joke as he didn't really see himself as special, but he could say he was pretty good in certain things. At least, he was confident enough to think so. Rentaro came here for the FEAR event, mainly because he was bored and wanted some sort of amusement. The event is held by Kirigakure seemed interesting enough for him to bother to actually come.

The two continued to walk down the same path and went to grab a drink as well, after the long trip he wanted to at least drink something to satiate his thirst. He was thinking about Chuunin Exams that participated years ago and recalled that there was one kid that was able to use Wood Release, the renowned Kekkei Genkai from the Senju Clan. He could only imagine how pissed Konohagakure was to hear the knew that two examinees possessed the Kekkei Genkai of their most known and powerful clans.

"I've been asked that multiple times, heh... My dad gave it to me, he told me he obtained it from an Uchiha he had killed during the Third Shinobi War. Well, I've grown used to it and I've got a grasp of all of its abilities, except the powerful genjutsu the Uchiha are known for." He had spent half of his life with the Sharingan to the point it was something he had grown accustomed to, but he was still susceptible to the chakra drain and even strain on his body if he overused. Thanks to his large chakra reserves and his adaptation this didn't as often as it used to. If there was anything to go for, the three tomoe were a sign that the Sharingan had fully matured. Very few people knew about his Sharingan and his general appearance, only a few managed to recognize him from the exams and Kurai happened to be one of them.
has written 149 posts
A Non-Senju and a Non-Uchiha Meet [Kurai]Dec 6, 2021 11:17:50 GMT -5
Takahashi Kurai
Takahashi Kurai Avatar
groupnull
Seems that Rentaro was also going to stop for a drink which Kurai did not mind. It just meant he'd be able to ask him more about this stuff without really inconveniencing him. Fortunately, Kurai knew a pretty good bar and headed there. The folks inside the bar were pretty tame for the most part, even though some of them might give Rentaro the side-eye for being from another village even if they are allies. Kirigakure wasn't exactly filled with saints. Some of the folks gave Kurai a slight acknowledging nod though since he has come to this place multiple times.

Kurai wasn't surprised about Rentaro being asked this more than once. Hell, he would've been surprised if he were the first to have asked this. Having an implanted kekkei genkai, especially the sharingan isn't exactly something most people would ignore...especially anyone from Konoha or the Uchiha clan who might find out. Kurai imagines the same would happen to him if he begins properly using his Mokuton.

The blue-eyed man listened to Rentaro's explanation while sitting down at one of the tables furthest away from most folks to lower the risk of eavesdroppers, not that it would be much of an issue here. "I see." Kurai glanced away as he thought for a bit. There was no surprise that it was taken from a dead Uchiha, but Kurai wasn't expecting it to be from the third war. Rentaro's father was someone who should not be taken lightly that was clear. Kurai was honestly impressed that Rentaro was able to get a grip on this ability even if he does not have access to their infamous genjutsu capabilities. This also made Kurai think a little more about himself.

"Gaining control of an ability...that you should not have..." Kurai mostly muttered that to himself. "How did you...go about training that eye?" Kurai asked before shaking his head a little at how nosey he felt like he was being. "Sorry it's just...I've been in a similar situation..." Kurai claimed before bringing a finger up for Rentarto to see. A tiny branch would then protrude from Kurai's fingertip. "Or I should say that I still am in that situation." Kurai added. This is all he could really do and has not been able to form actual jutsu with his wood release.

A Non-Senju and a Non-Uchiha Meet [Kurai]Dec 10, 2021 16:10:32 GMT -5
Takeuchi Rentaro
Takeuchi Rentaro Avatar
groupnull
Since he didn't know Kirigakure much and had the same desire as Kurai to drink something. He just conveniently followed him, since he figured the man would know a good place. The arrival of an Iwagakure shinobi would definitely grab the attention of some, even if both villages were allies. It's not like it mattered all that much to him, well he was the type of guy that didn't care about certain things people seemed to care about.

Kekkei Genkai's were the respective trademark of renowned shinobi, as their unique ability made them distinct from the rest. On top of that, he was a man that had obtained one through other means.

The two sat down on a corner that had fewer people around it, well it's not like he wanted everyone to hear his explanation. He didn't mind explaining people to everyone and then, but always preferred to get the least amount of attention possible. Getting adapted to the Sharingan was no easy task. He was quick to realize that it was a powerful tool, but if he wasn't careful it could act as a double-edged sword. "I found the strengths, weaknesses and familiarized myself with the abilities. The Sharingan grants the user great perception and reaction time. But, it isn't useful if your body isn't fast enough to dodge any incoming attacks. I had to adapt my training to improve and get used to Sharingan. The best way to go about is just to learn about it yourself."

He explained, before turning to look at Kurai's finger. A branch came out of it, which brought confusion, was he trying to trick him or something. But, for a moment he stopped and thought about it. Rentaro noticed that he had mentioned he was in a similar situation and the branch was literally sticking out from his finger. "...Is that Mokuton?" He asked, confused. However, it was a good reason as to why Kurai had asked him for some advice about getting used to a Kekkei Genkai that didn't directly belong to him. But, a dojutsu was different from a nature transformation. It was the famed Kekkei Genkai from the Senju Clan, the only way he believed for him to possess it was if he had a distant ancestor that happened to be a Senju. It was extremely unlikely for such a thing to happen, especially in a place like Kirigakure, but there was always a small chance theoretically speaking.

"So... I take you're somehow related to a Senju? Seems like the only potential explanation to me." Although highly unlikely, it was the only potential explanation as to why he possessed it, but he decided to ask just to make sure.
has written 149 posts
A Non-Senju and a Non-Uchiha Meet [Kurai]Dec 12, 2021 17:47:45 GMT -5
Takahashi Kurai
Takahashi Kurai Avatar
groupnull
Kurai wasn't really surprised by Rentaro's answer. To learn and figure out most things, one must familiarize themselves with whatever it is they are trying to learn. The Iwa shinobi did just that with his Sharingan, and Kurai assumes it was not easy for him to get to this point. The answer was rather simple, something that Kurai had also been doing to try and get better at using his kekkei genkai, but it was proving to be difficult. His attempts at forming jutsu with his Mokuton weren't as simple as Suiton which is something he has gotten a firm grip of ever since his genin years.

"Yeah." Kurai answered just as he plucked the tiny branch off of his finger. He then started to roll the branch between his fingers as he listened to Rentaro. "I suppose. It's the only conclusion I've been able to come up with." Kurai answered. "But I was born and raised in this country." Whatever relation that Kurai has to the Senju clan must date really far back because his mother never had such an ability nor does she ever recall her mother, her mother's mother, and so on having anything to do with a Senju. The same goes for his father's side. There is also the possibility that experimentations were involved in this, and that it has nothing to do with genetics, but Kurai doubts that. He was just a guy who got really lucky with his genes.

Him being not directly related to the clan might also be the main reason why his attempts at using Mokuton properly are so taxing on his chakra.

"At this point, I believe I have the basics down. Still need to work on this." Kurai added before snapping the tiny branch with his fingers. "Can't have something like this go to waste, yeah?" Kurai added. This could be beneficial not only to Kurai but for the village. Thinking a bit about this, Kurai couldn't help but smirk a bit at his and Rentaro's similar yet different situation."Wonder how pissed Konoha would be at seeing folks like us." Kurai said, joking a little.

A Non-Senju and a Non-Uchiha Meet [Kurai]Dec 17, 2021 23:37:02 GMT -5
Takeuchi Rentaro
Takeuchi Rentaro Avatar
groupnull
It took him years to reach the current level of skill he had with his Sharingan. It was the fruition of his experience and training that he did over the years. Most of it consisted of tests and practice to figure its core abilities. As there was no guide that could be found around Iwagakure on how to train the Sharingan or anyone to properly guide him. Despite all of this, he managed to obtain the necessary skills to be resourceful about its use. Kurai was in the same situation as himself, all the experienced Mokuton users were in Konoha and nobody there would willingly teach somebody from an opposing village Mokutan. That would clearly be used against them.

"Yeah... Well, let's leave it at that. If we try to figure out how you ended up with it both of us are going to end up with a headache at the end of the day. Any attempts to figure out how did he end up obtaining the famous Mokuton would just end up being a pain in the ass. There was no point, especially when he knew little about his family's story and he had no intentions of prying into any of his family matters. It must be quite a complicated thing to deal with, maybe he was lucky to inherit the Kekkei Genkai from a distant ancestor. He could see the Mizukage seeing him as a special asset and making use of his abilities. After all, he was the only person in his village to possess it there was no reason not to.

"Oh man, they must be fuming. If they were to find out the ones that would hate it the most are the respective clans." Rentaro said, it was a known fact that clans were proud of their Kekkei Genkai and Hijutsu. So the thought of someone else that didn't belong to their clan, even more someone from an opposing village would surely piss them off. Overall, clans were quite prideful, something he could not relate to as he never belonged to an actual clan.

has written 149 posts
A Non-Senju and a Non-Uchiha Meet [Kurai]Dec 19, 2021 23:04:30 GMT -5
Takahashi Kurai
Takahashi Kurai Avatar
groupnull
"Hmm, you're probably right." At the end of the day, it didn't really matter how Kurai developed this Kekkei Genkai. All that matters is how he'll be able to utilize it. The chunin does not have access to any information that could properly help him with his Mokuton, nor does he know anyone with the knowledge that would be willing to train him. He was going to have to just trial and error it until he gets a full grasp on Wood Release as Rentaro did with his dojutsu.

Kurai would be lying if he said he wasn't at least a little amused at the idea of seeing a Senju or Uchiha's reaction to himself and Rentaro. Of course, Kurai isn't the type to showboat so he wasn't about to go out there and purposely instigate them. Plus, Kurai is completely aware that his ability to use Wood Release must pale in comparison to a Senju's...at least for now.

Finally, one of the employees of this bar, a woman would approach the duo's table, giving Kurai a knowing nod in greeting. "The usual?" she asked, not wasting time with it. "Yeah." Kurai said. She'd then look over at Rentaro, giving him a quick look up and down. "Found a new drinking buddy?" she asked Kurai jokingly, referring to Rentaro. "Hope you Iwakagure folks aren't lightweights." she added, Kurai remaining quiet during this since he was pretty much used to seeing this employee tease newcomers. "What would you like?" she asked Rentaro, and after getting his order if he did make one, she would head off to prepare them.

Kurai was going to make a comment about her...but decided against it. Instead, he focused on something else other than their Kekkei Genkai.

"Guessing you have a death wish?" Kurai asked before shifting his attention back to Rentaro. "Talking about F.E.A.R." he elaborated. He said it a bit as a joke, but he was serious about it too given this event's reputation. Kurai's a little curious about why someone from another village would want to take part in it.

A Non-Senju and a Non-Uchiha Meet [Kurai]Dec 20, 2021 19:01:23 GMT -5
Takeuchi Rentaro
Takeuchi Rentaro Avatar
groupnull
Rentaro already had experienced beforehand how would a run-in with an Uchiha go if they knew he had the Sharingan. At first, he could only imagine it wouldn't go well, but now he had a full understanding that it was a terrible idea. It would only piss them off to the point they wouldn't hesitate to steal his eye and even kill him. It was sort of expected, the Uchiha were known for being extremely prideful about their dojutsu. The Senju on the other hand could not predict how they would react to Kurai's abilities, but it could probably not get any worse than an Uchiha.

His attention was later shifted from his thoughts to the arrival of one of the employees from the bar. By the looks of it, they seemed to know Kurai already which implied that he comes here often. Rentaro couldn't help but chuckle at the comment that was directed towards him. "I'm tough as a rock... Don't worry..." The pun was intended, he's a Rock Shinobi, after all. "I'd like some Sake, I've heard the one they serve here is good." He normally didn't drink, but he could at least have something considering for now since he was in a bar.

Rentaro then looked at Kurai the moment he asked if he had a death wish. He raised an eyebrow wondering what exactly he meant by that until he brought up the FEAR Event. "Maybe. I'm just curious as to what event is, apparently it's popular around here. You've been in it before?" The man asked, it seemed to be a bit of a deal if he considered being a death wish of sorts. He didn't know much about it, since no actual information was given to them other than it would take place on an island of sorts.
has written 149 posts
A Non-Senju and a Non-Uchiha Meet [Kurai]Dec 21, 2021 12:09:29 GMT -5
Takahashi Kurai
Takahashi Kurai Avatar
groupnull
Kurai simply just...shifted his eyes to the side after hearing that obvious pun. Of all the things he has heard today, that by far was the least amusing, but he wasn't going to call Rentaro out on it since he's been pretty cool so far. Plus, the employee seemed to have liked it, chuckling a little as she got his order down before leaving.

Rentaro was right about the sake though, indicated by a slight nod. Kirigakure certainly has the best kind...at least in Kurai's opinion. Though Kurai might not be the best judge of that since he hasn't been outside of the Water Country. The only place here that has foreign drinks are at the bars located in Kagura no Mura....Mizu no Kuni's city of sin. Kurai dislikes that city...but the drinks there are good at least.

"I see." So Rentaro is driven mostly by curiosity. It was an answer that Kurai was expecting from a foreign shinobi. "I don't share the same curiosity as you I'm afraid." Kurai claimed before looking over at some of the folks in the bar. "I would still like to work on my abilities before throwing myself into that death pit." Kurai added. He was by no means afraid, but he was also thinking about this from a logical point. He was not afraid to call himself out on his own lack of strength. He knew what he was capable and incapable of. Of course, this wasn't a flat-out no. He would still like to try his hand at a future F.E.A.R event, but for now, he needed to get better.

"The event changes up each time, so nobody knows what to expect." Kurai said before looking back over at Rentaro. "Only thing that stays consistent is the risk of death." He trusted that Rentaro would be fine, or at least fair better than he would given their difference in rank.

"Alright boys."

The employee came back with the drinks. She placed down Rentaro's sake, and for Kurai, she placed down a cup of a particular kind of whisky...along with a full bottle next to it for him to refill.

A Non-Senju and a Non-Uchiha Meet [Kurai]Dec 23, 2021 20:22:54 GMT -5
Takeuchi Rentaro
Takeuchi Rentaro Avatar
groupnull
Rentaro knew the pun was pretty bad, but it's not like he had anything else to say. At the end of the day, he wasn't the type of person to care much about what other people said about him. Well, he didn't drink often, but he wasn't a lightweight either. It was enough that he could handle a few drinks and still be perfectly normal.

Kirigakure had some things that Iwagakure didn't have widely available, they were either expensive or the quality wasn't the same. Although the entire village was surrounded by mist and the climate wasn't something he particularly enjoyed, they counted with some pretty good cuisine.

"Seems like it... Well, being thrown into a death pit isn't an uncommon occurrence to me, but I'd say this is one of the few times I've willingly decided to do so." He said if it judging from the way Kurai, a person that lives in the village says the event is that harsh. Well, he wasn't surprised, after all, he had his doubts Kirigakure would willingly host an event and encourage people to join it just be a picnic gather between the participants. "Nothing bad on training your skills first before trying to put them to the test." Rentaro didn't judge Kurai for not being willing to participate, it was understandable that the man wanted to focus on improving his Wood Release before putting it to the test. One of the actual reasons why he would willingly to participate in the FEAR Event was to prevent himself from getting rusty, especially because of his job and own laziness. Even the Tsuchikage sent him to missions every now and then to make sure he didn't get rusty.

"I'll keep that in mind... Considering nobody has said anything about what it's going to be about I have a feeling we are only going to be told about the objectives once it starts. Going out on a mission there's always a risk of death, I don't think it would be any different from what I've done." That's what he believed, as a shinobi, his life was always on the line. Nothing really different from what he has done most in the past and the majority of his life.

"Thanks." Rentaro poured sake on the glass cup that he was handed over and drank from it. He nodded in response, which meant that the sake was clearly good, one of the few things he enjoyed about Kirigakure was the drinks they had available and fish which was abundant.
has written 149 posts
A Non-Senju and a Non-Uchiha Meet [Kurai]Dec 26, 2021 19:13:59 GMT -5
Takahashi Kurai
Takahashi Kurai Avatar
groupnull
Kurai nodded silently. He wasn't going to argue with Rentaro's death pit comment. With folks that are his and Rentaro's ranks, the risk of death has become almost the norm in their lives when it comes to missions and other duties. On top of that, the two possess abilities that are certainly sought after by other parties who would be willing to dissect them and such in attempts to recreate these abilities for their own purposes, so it isn't just dangerous missions that these two should be worried about.

"Yeah." Kurai was not expecting Rentaro to judge him about his choice of skipping out on FEAR, or at least not outwardly so he was not surprised by the Iwa shinobi's response. He seems like a really laidback person and even though Kurai wouldn't call himself laidback, he still preferred folks like that instead of the loud and reckless types. Kurai was mostly business with little time to relax, this right now being one of those rare moments of relaxation. "Yeah, you have a point. But at least with missions, you have a better understanding of what you may be getting into." Kurai commented, leaning back a bit on the chair. "With FEAR it's a little more vague." Kurai was not a fan of getting himself into something he has little knowledge of...especially with something as risky as that event.

As the woman came back with their drinks, Kurai gave a nod in thanks before opening the bottle of whisky and started to drink directly from there. The man did not stop until it was half empty and once it was, he placed the bottle back onto the table with a sigh.

"Being put into unpredictable situations are bothersome...but I still intend on participating in a future event." Kurai may hate it, but it did not stop his curiosity. With that, Kurai continued to drink.

A Non-Senju and a Non-Uchiha Meet [Kurai]Dec 28, 2021 20:30:55 GMT -5
Takeuchi Rentaro
Takeuchi Rentaro Avatar
groupnull
As a jounin and as a shinobi he faced death on an almost daily basis, although he worked as the Tsuchikage's Assistant in the comfort of the office. He was sent out to partake in dangerous and important missions for his village. His prowess with the Sharingan made him a unique asset on the village and he has already made good use of it on a good portion of his missions. The dojutsu really gave him the edge against his opponent, the enhanced perception, the ability to copy and predict an enemy's movements to deduce their weaknesses was great. This also meant he sometimes had a target on his back due to his Sharingan, that's why he preferred to keep it a secret unless it was necessary to reveal it. So playing the game of a one-eyed weak shinobi was good to make people underestimate him.

"You have a good point there." Rentaro replied to his comment, Kurai had a good point. Normally in missions he took or had to assign other people to do usually held some sort of basic information and intel. For FEAR his exact mission and objective were unknown, it was obvious to him that he was going to fight other participants, but whether they would decide to add something else such as traps into the mix was unknown to him. If Kurai's comments were to go about something, then it meant that it was more than just a battle royale free for all event.

"Eh, same here... I'll make sure to tell you about my experience with the event after it's over. So judging by your position as a Gate Guard I take you are a Chuunin, right?" He asked, he never got to know his rank, but he could tell just by his job as a Gate Guard. Chuunin were often the ones guarding the gates to the village, Rentaro wasn't the exception as he had to do a few shifts as a Gate Guard when he was a Chuunin. He never remained there for long and instead acted as a team leader for missions during his time as a Chuunin.
has written 149 posts