hot, cold or both? | shuka

compose a reply
hot, cold or both? | shukaSept 11, 2022 19:18:02 GMT -5
hirata isao
"a beast doesn't survive by thinking; it moves and kills on instinct."
hirata isao Avatar
groupnull
age 28 years old birthday feb 7th rank sp. jounin occupation genin team 2 leader
That question, a mark of resolution and a symbol of an end drawing near, bounced around Isao’s thick skull, gathering tidbits of half questions he’d formed along the length of their dialogue but unable to solidify into anything particularly potent.

He knew there was something; you didn’t get to sit and chat with the ruler of your village so often after all, he just didn’t know how to pinpoint what that something was. He bought some time by sipping at the cup of tea before him, though it was a pointless endeavor, the cup already having been empty several sips ago.

But the tea… that’s right, the tea! His mind conjured an image of Lady Yuki holding her tea cup, a web of icy silk climbing up its sides and the steam beginning to dissipate; her advanced release at work. "Lady Yuki, I… I was wondering if you knew of someone, if not yourself, who could help me get better with using my kekkei genkai?”

He didn’t intend to make any great display but conjured a tiny orb of ranton to dance around his fingers before allowing it to fall into his palm and be crushed with its close. "I can use it serviceably enough on the battlefield, but only ever in ways that are direct and with a target in mind.” He gestured to her teacup. "I don’t have much in the way of utility. I’m like a cannon that can point in a direction and shoot. But my chakra should be able to do more than that, right?”

--- words |
j. has written 50 posts
hot, cold or both? | shukaSept 13, 2022 23:12:44 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
If the world is cold, make it your business to build fires
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age birthday rank occupation

Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
-
I
sao answered the question in a most interesting way, one she certainly didn't expect, though it made sense. Both of them were kekkai genkai users, a relatively rare thing in the world of shinobi. They did not share one, though in some ways understanding the manipulation of elements was inevitably similar - something that might allow her to guide Isao through the process in some small ways.

"Unfortunately I do not know anyone who has mastered the art of ranton," she admitted. They most often lived in Kumogakure, so Isao was the first who had come to Yuki no Kuni for reasons beyond pirating and pillaging. She had seen some of its use in the fields of battle, but never very close up, luckily. People who met with the active end of ranton rarely walked out in one piece, after all.

"You are right that you should be able to find functions beside that, however. My best suggested method is... engaging with your element frequently," she offered. "It can be difficult when you're using an element with more immediate destructive potential than ice, but there are probably small ways that you can utilize it... Just draw upon it throughout the day, try to experiment with the different things you can do with it. See if you can make it linger, how objects are impacted when you channel your element into it."

ISHY of THQ & ADOXOGRAPHY

has written 436 posts
hot, cold or both? | shukaOct 11, 2022 4:04:27 GMT -5
hirata isao
"a beast doesn't survive by thinking; it moves and kills on instinct."
hirata isao Avatar
groupnull
age 28 years old birthday feb 7th rank sp. jounin occupation genin team 2 leader
It was solid advice. Isao pretty much only used ranton to take out enemy shinobi or to deter conflict from starting to begin with. He’d seen people use their chakra releases for such interesting and unique purposes. He yearned for such refined skill but his natural gifts seemed far too volatile for something as harmless as cooling down tea.

It was also so much more violent than lightning, otherwise he’d be pulling pranks with it nonstop. Of course, he could still do that with lightning, as he also had both of ranton’s parent releases within his repertoire as well. But the point was getting more adept at the fine control of his advanced release. And how to implement that was beyond him. Right now the best he could think of was doing small displays like he’d just done.

But if he was going to start getting more creative with his techniques and affect the battlefield in more unexpected ways, he’d need to harness that fine attunement to the element. Laser circus was a great tool on his belt but it was mostly just a big cannon. Isao didn’t want to just be a cannon.

He nodded at Lady Yuki, satisfied with her advice and now only needing to decipher the ideal practical implementation of it. "Thank you, I’ll try that out. I want my weapons to be versatile tools as well.” But with that he had little else to say and offered his senior a polite bow of his head, restricted otherwise from within his seat, before standing. "I have nothing else for you Lady Yuki. I ought to let you return to your work, haha.” A gentle warm chuckle as he gestured to the towers atop her desk. "It’s been a pleasure.”

j. has written 50 posts
hot, cold or both? | shukaOct 13, 2022 0:59:03 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
If the world is cold, make it your business to build fires
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age birthday rank occupation

Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
-
T
he conversation had been pleasant, a welcome distraction from her usual work, but as Isao said, it was probably for the best that she got back to her work. There was ever much to do and she couldn't spend the entire day having idle conversation, nice as it might be. She rose from her seat as well just to see Isao out.

"It has been a pleasure to speak with you as well. I am glad we were able to talk. Thank you for your time. If you would ever wish to stop by again, I would be happy to spare a few minutes for you,"
she informed him. Even if she couldn't take extended breaks like this often, just a minute or two here or there would surely be a nice way to break up the monotony and also connect further with members of the village.

"If you would ever need help with training or advice on some subject, please do arrange a meeting with me. I would be more than glad to assist you with whatever I can."

With that she did return to her desk and sit once more, finally returning to the mountain of paperwork accumulating there. Hopefully most of this would be rote and she could get through it quickly.

ISHY of THQ & ADOXOGRAPHY

has written 436 posts