compose a reply
whisper in the storm [jun]Dec 24, 2021 3:07:42 GMT -5
masahiro sango
Fall down seven times, stand up eight.
masahiro sango Avatar
groupnull
age 18 years old birthday rank chuunin occupation operation team 2
i am flesh and i am bone
Sweat dripped down from Sango's hairline, following the curve of their furrowed brow down their nose until the next step and twist and flick of their arm sent Stone Tail flying again. They were channeling only a small amount of chakra through the weapon, but even that was enough to throw them off their normal, near-perfect accuracy. It was more tiring too; Sango hadn't yet lost track of time training and they were already gritting their teeth against strain and shortness of breath. They hit their target - but only barely, and the grunt they let out as they pulled back hard on the rope was only partially out of exertion.

Stone Tail's dart flew past their back, before another pull and twist brought it back around the front plane to begin a wrap at their waist. This pattern repeated for a few more strikes - wrap, strike, retrieve, wrap - before Sango's single-minded focus widened just enough to realize that it wasn't just their Doton chakra messing with their accuracy. The wind had picked up, bringing with it snow that was quickly starting to fall harder and some really ominous-looking clouds. The Chuunin grimaced and swore to themself; they'd seen their mother earlier that morning, with a pinched look on her face and a warm compress strapped to the shoulder with a truly nasty old scar. That was as good as any warning that snow would be coming - but Sango had been in a mood and ignored it.

They didn't bother wrapping the jōhyō up properly, instead just gathering it into a loose loop and then darting for shelter in the form of the dojo sitting just on the edge of the training field. Even for Yuki shinobi, it was unwise to stay out in a blizzard that had caught you unawares. Or - really, any blizzard, if there was another option to staying out in the open. Sango reached the dojo just as the wind kicked up another notch. Before they shut the door behind them, however, they saw someone else racing through the beginning storm towards the structure. They shoved the opening wider and stepped to the side to let the other ninja slip inside. A final gust of wind might follow the other person inside, sending a bone-deep chill shuddering down Sango's spine, even through their insulated under-suit.

"Well," Sango sighed, running a hand through their sweat-and-snow wet bangs, "That's certainly an interesting way for the gods to suggest a break from training." Not that they had any intention of taking much longer than a few minutes to catch their breath before they made use of the dojo's space; shinobi had to be adaptable, after all. Still, they took a moment to get a proper look at their new companion, recognizing her as Jun Muramatsa; the two were just about the same age, though their ranks and training hadn't overlapped enough for Sango to ever really meet her.

still getting the hang of sango's voice - lmk if you'd like me to make any changes!
rise up, ting ting, like glitter and gold
[attr="class","mizocredit"]
MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.mizocredit]font:bold 6pt calibri;color:#ffffff;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][googlefont=Karla]
mellow has written 37 posts
whisper in the storm [jun]Dec 24, 2021 13:19:06 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday December 25th rank Genin occupation
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]王手
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]Checkmate!

[attr="class","skullbody"]It was training day once again for the young Muramatsa and today the was going to make another concerted effort to try and improve her accuracy she’d been making strides thanks to Miss Raimaa’s help and as well as sparring with her teammate’s. But she still needed to make an effort to try and improve even further. As the girl stood outside she’d take a few kunai and aim them towards her target, landing the three of them in a neat row with one hitting the bullseye and two others being not too far off. "Ha, I nailed one but still need to work on the others.”
[break] [break]
Shortly after she’d head towards the practice target and fire off a few with her kunai. Nailing the same pattern thought slightly off with two of them landing towards the top just over the target causing the girl to let out a sigh. "I’m consist with one but the other seem to still need a bit of work.” after a moment however the wind would begin to pick up and the youth would know what was coming having weathered many a storm she’d rush to the nearest building like she was taught by her parents a young man seemingly holding open the door for them.
[break] [break]
"The gods must be wrathful today.” she’d say as she shut the door behind her, the inside of the dojo was quiet a stark red room with several tools along the walls and a make shift shooting range along it’s Tatami floor. "Excuse me but do I know you stranger…you seem familiar?” the girl would state feeling like she may have seen him around somewhere. As she asked her question the girl would take a moment to get herself situation removing her jacket and placing it on a nearby coat rack taking off her thermal sleeves and placing them in the pockets of her jacket, her staff visibly sticking out of it’s leather strap on the back of the jacket.
[break] [break]
Beneath her clothes she had a purple gi with a white belt and accents that complimented her snowy hair whose pigtails were now sopping wet. The girl would note the small weapon in their hand and would wonder if that was her weapon of choice. "A rope dart interesting.” she’d wonder to herself.
[break] [break]
After a moment she’d remove a belt that she had strapped to her jacket and tie it around her waist, on one side a weapon pouch and on the other side a clip for what looked to be a journal, that she'd remove from her jacket pocket and look over, Inside were a litany of drawings and seals that the girl had been working on, as well as practice notes.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]438 WORDS /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:480px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:451px;height:208px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/Cb5OWYI.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#8A2BE2;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:9px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:10px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#BF00FF;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:9px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:8px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Dec 24, 2021 13:21:48 GMT -5
Meep has written 348 posts
whisper in the storm [jun]Dec 24, 2021 22:42:04 GMT -5
masahiro sango
masahiro sango Avatar
groupnull
i am flesh and i am bone
Sango huffed a little laugh at the other's words, echoing the sentiment of their own just a moment before. "No kidding," they agreed, reaching over to latch the door locked against the wind that wanted to blow it open again.

"Masahiro Sango," they introduced themself, with a slight smile and a quick, polite bow. "I don't think we've been formally introduced, but I wouldn't be surprised if you've seen me around the marketplace. My father runs one of the weapons shops, and I work there in between missions and training." Their eyes followed her movements as she shed her outermost layer and they grimaced; they hadn't brought their own outerwear with them from their parents' home, stubbornly relying on their thermal under-suit to keep them warm. Against a blizzard, however, there wasn't much that only that plus their black long-sleeve and dark gray pants could do, even if they used their chakra.

Their eyes caught on the familiar sight of a staff strapped to the back of someone's clothing.
"You're a staff fighter?" Sango asked, interest plain in their voice. They glanced back over at Jun, their smile a bit wider and warmer. "So am I - ah, well, it's what I started with before I moved to this," they added, with a little wiggle of Stone Tail. Her staff was still sheathed though, the girl instead reaching for a belt with what looked like a weapons' pouch attached to it.

With a curiosity honed from being a shopkeeper's child
and growing up with an older brother, the chuunin asked Jun, "What were you working on, before the storm interrupted?"

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.mizocredit]font:bold 6pt calibri;color:#ffffff;[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans][googlefont=Karla]
whisper in the storm [jun]Dec 25, 2021 1:20:24 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As the girl makes her way towards the training area looking over her various training notes the man in the room would look to her after her joke was made and would introduce himself. "Nice to meet you Sango. Jun Muramatsta, what’s the shop?” the girl would shut her book and give them her full attention.
[break] [break]
Shortly after she was asked if she was a staff fighter. "Well I wouldn’t say I’m an expert but I do dabble in it, it’s a rather reliable weapon.” she’d give them a smile and glance over at the weapon. "I made it myself and even added lacquer too it as well.” she’d say admiring the weapon, before setting her eyes on the young man’s rope dart.
"A rope dart? Interesting.” she’d remark her eyes, having a curiosity hidden behind them as she examined it’s features and composition the blade looked sharp and the rope taught much like her shinobi wire, but that was when the question of her training would come up.
[break] [break]
"Oh I was just working on my accuracy. I was attempting to fire off a few kunai at a practice dummy, was probably going to give my staff a few practice swings at some point, what about yourself?” She’d step towards the Tatami floor of the dojo after removing her boots which had gotten moist with the cold water from the snow that melted along the tips of her shoes.
[break] [break]
As the girl made her way onto the grounds she’d note the 6 training dummies 3 to the front and three to her back, each one with three different target locations the chest the head and the stomach. Along the walls between them was a series of weapons which were comprised of several different polearms and swords all available for public use. However the youth would avert her eyes and make her way towards the center, keeping her focus on the task at hand, carefully removing a few kunai from her back pouch, filling them within her hands and carefully slipping them in between her fingers.
[break] [break]
Each hand holding three in each hand her aim to land one Kunai from each hand on a different target. For her first strike she’d aim for the center, landing three of them just off her targets one would land on the top of the other the lower left of the chest and the third straight dead center in the stomach. She had landed her shots as intended but they’re accuracy was just a touch off she’d center herself and try again.
[break] [break]
For her next throw she’d then turn about and aim the other three in the same fashion and would alter her wrist upon release a lower target attempting to space them out, upon release each one would land in a similar fashion but in reverse as if the shots mirrored each other in terms of placement but were on the opposite targets. She’d scratch her head, "Well it’s progress…but it still needs some work.” the girl would say not realizing she was talking aloud. "Hmm…” she’d say tapping her chin.
[break] [break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]519 WORDS /

[newclass=.skullhover]width:480px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:451px;height:208px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/Cb5OWYI.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#8A2BE2;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:9px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:10px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:9px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:8px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Dec 25, 2021 1:26:50 GMT -5
whisper in the storm [jun]Dec 26, 2021 3:02:00 GMT -5
masahiro sango
masahiro sango Avatar
groupnull
i am flesh and i am bone
Sango nodded their head politely, glad to have the girl's identity confirmed before they went ahead and assumed and ended up being wrong. "A pleasure," they responded, before adding only a slightly reluctant, "Ah - it's Yuki Tanzō Buki." It was such a cheesy name for a smithy's shop in Yuki no Kuni, but no matter how much it made them cringe, it had been their grandfather's father who had named it.

Jun mentioned that she had made her staff herself, at which Sango gave the weapon another, interested glance, but that she'd been focusing on her accuracy with kunai. "Strength and accuracy," they answered for themself, though they didn't follow the girl towards the training dummies; making, instead, for the more open space. They could focus more on their stamina, while the targets were occupied. Sango drew a line from the tip of their index and middle fingers to the two kunai with their other hand

Before they really even started swinging Stone Tail, however, their attention was caught again by Jun's moves. Her aim was - it wasn't terrible, honestly. All six of her kunai landed and stuck in their respective training dummies, but only two had hit dead center. They hadn't seen her first throw, but when Jun had turned, they'd caught the flick of her wrist. 

"Make sure you're extending all the way during the release," Sango said, speaking before they even realized they had drifted back over to the other shinobi. Almost absentmindedly, they knotted their rope dart into small, interlocked loops, hooking it around their waist as a belt. "Accuracy is all about two things - keeping your movements as consistent as you can, and extending through your release." Dipping into the holster strapped to their thigh, the chuunin took out two of their own kunai, and tossed them with a sharp flick of their hand - one landing right next to the one Jun had hit dead center, and the other nailing the second target she hadn't - and kept it outstretched for Jun to see. With their other hand, Sango drew a line from the tip of their index and middle fingers to the two kunai.

"The kunai go where you guide them - where your fingers point, that's where they're going to go." It got harder, of course, to be precise when one was throwing more things at the same time, but that was what training was for. "Try that first throw again," Sango suggested with a small smile, "Concentrate more on your release - what your arm looks like from shoulder to fingertips - than on your target, and see how that correlates to where your kunai hit."

Yuki tanzō buki - roughly translates to "Snow Forged Weapons" lol <3
MADE BY MIZO
whisper in the storm [jun]Dec 26, 2021 12:49:12 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]After the girl had completed her throw the man who had been in the room with them would comment on the way she had thrown her Kunai as she stopped to evaluate herself. She would state that accuracy is all about consistency and accuracy. "Well I’ve got the consistency part down…” the youth would think to herself during her ruminations the young man would take a few kunai of their own and with a swift throw would land them in the two that Jun hadn’t aimed for and landed them peerlessly.
[break] [break]
The snowy haired youth would guide her eyes back to Sango to see the positioning of their arm as they continued to explain. "So it looks like I’ll need to work on my extension.” the youth would think heading over towards the dummies and removing her Kunai and redoubling her focus, she still wasn’t perfect but was able to see small amounts of progress, learning to master extension was simply a new obstacle for her to try and overcome.
[break] [break]
With that the girl would return to her station. "Thank you for the advice Sango-san.” the girl would remove the kunai from her pocket and as she tossed them this time would add an additional extension , making sure to consider the positioning of how the weapon was thrown as well as how her arm was curved when throwing out said kunai making her next set of shots land much cleaner than before, still not perfect but much more accurate, clumping together a bit closer than before a small smile curling on her lips from her small victory and looking back at her training companion. "I'll keep working at it! But it looks like that small adjustment may be just what I needed."
[break] [break]
As she went towards the dummies to remove what it was that she needed she’d make her way back to the starting point to remove her journal from its case and would begin writing down Sango’s instruction, alongside the bevy of other notes she’d gotten from Raimaa as well. After a few more attempts of her own training she’d try something new. Attaching wire to the kunai and attempting to ensnare the dummy instead, a tactic she planned to employ in battle to make it easier for her to take advantage of her dojutsu, she readied her weapon but would momentarily glance back at Sango to see what they were doing.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]361 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
whisper in the storm [jun]Dec 30, 2021 2:58:25 GMT -5
masahiro sango
masahiro sango Avatar
groupnull
i am flesh and i am bone
Sango felt the satisfaction of Jun's improved throw as if it had been their own, and it was easy to meet her smile with one of their own - and not just for the sake of being polite. "Practice makes perfect," they replied. "You've already got good form - good consistency too, as you said." They could see that Jun had put in the effort and practice to get to where she was now, regarding her accuracy; most skill didn't come from innate talent, but hard work.

Most skill, at least, but that was a morose line of thought to be traveled on a different day and a different training ground.

They snagged their own kunai stuck in the dummies at the same time as the other nin, but dipped down to their weapons pouch for a third one, rather than stowing any of them away. Sango retreated back towards the open space again, intending on leaving Jun to her writing and training in peace. With one fluid motion, they stepped forward and unsheathed their rope dart, shooting it out with their right hand before anchoring it on their left. The chuunin built a simple flow - releasing the dart out and retrieving it through a series of different wraps - before they finally tossed their handful of kunai into the air.

In the same breath, Sango used their Stone Tail to smack two of the three kunai out of the air before they'd even reached the height of their arch, and landed another solid hit on the third as it just began to succumb to gravity. They hissed out a breath of satisfaction, but didn't stop moving. Sango, as they brought the rope back to wrap around their knee, dipped their hand into the pouch again for three shuriken. At the same time they started channeling their Doton chakra through their rope dart.

The new strain in their movements would be instantly noticeable. Sango was slower, with Stone Tail's new weight, and they were gritting their teeth, as they had to use more strength and effort to control the dart. They flowed for a moment before they performed the same maneuver as before - or, well, attempted to. 

Sango hit the first shuriken dead on - but the other two were already falling by the time they swung Stone Tail back around. They clipped the second and missed the third entirely. A badly conjured kunai* had to be resorted to instead, the chakra-made weapon shattering upon impact with the shuriken just before the latter thunked to the floor. Slowly, they came to a stop, mouth twisted in dissatisfaction. The expression didn't change, even as they looked up and accidentally met Jun's eyes. A bit of color came into their cheeks at the thought of the girl seeing that, right after they'd had the audacity to give her tips on her own aim. "...practice makes perfect," was all Sango could say again, the words sticking painfully in their throat.

<3 lmk if you'd like more to work with!

*Buki Tōei - weapon projection
MADE BY MIZO
last edit by masahiro sango on Dec 30, 2021 3:08:10 GMT -5
whisper in the storm [jun]Dec 30, 2021 20:51:34 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As the white haired girl continued to take notes on all that she had learned the girl would look over at the goings on of Sango turning her head as she lifted her pen from the inside of her book noting their complex machinations and movements with how they went about what they were doing.
[break] [break]
The angles and the immaculate use of chakra as they threw out their weapon of choice, they swiftly moved from one motion to another with each action in a skillful display and the girl was utterly enthralled. Even as he failed and would turn back and look to the girl they’d have an embarrassed flush on their cheeks.
[break] [break]
"That was brilliant…you switched from throwing Kunai to utilizing your rope dart effortlessly, your motions and movements were astounding…the ending was…unfortunate but that was a lovely display.” her voice had an intensity to it when she spoke she was clearly hooked by his actions. Tucking her journal into her back pocket case.
[break] [break]
"Could you show me, how to move as accurately as you?” she’d say looking down at him as she went and removed his kunai from where they lay on the ground, standing up and handing them back to him. "Here you are.” After he took them she'd add another remark. "I suppose we could both use the practice but you seem to be far more refined then myself."

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]243 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Dec 30, 2021 20:51:58 GMT -5
whisper in the storm [jun]Jan 7, 2022 2:33:31 GMT -5
masahiro sango
masahiro sango Avatar
groupnull

i am flesh and i am bone
Jun’s reaction to their - in Sango’s opinion at least - botched attempt was not what they’d been expecting. The intensity in her face and voice startled Sango, particularly as she complimented them on the bits that had, after years of practice, become almost as mundane to them as breathing. Sometimes they forgot that the accuracy they had, along with the fluidity of their movements, was something that had been hard won - and was as worthy of praise as their failures were of criticism.

"I - thank you,”
the chuunin stuttered, their flush creeping up to their ears. "Doton chakra affects the weight of the dart, so it becomes harder to control.” Sango hardly knew what they were saying, flustered and pleased in equal parts. ‘A lovely display,’ Jun had called it. That combined with her earnest request to learn from Sango over shone whatever shame and new embarrassment that her acknowledgement of their ‘unfortunate ending’ had kicked up. "Thank you,” they said again softly, accepting their weapons from her and slipping them back into their holster.

They considered Jun for a moment, before a a genuine little grin slipped onto their face. She seemed sincere in her intensity and her admiration. 
"I’d be happy to,” Sango assured her. They’d never really been in a position to mentor - or at least help train a less experienced shinobi - before, seeing as they’d only been a chuunin for a year now, but it wouldn’t hurt anything to try at least. And, after all, their mother did always say that the best way to become a master in something was to teach about it to another.

"It seems like you’ve got a good foundation already, when it comes to stationary targets - just need more practice, like you said.”
The corners of their lips twisted slightly in self-deprecation, but Sango pushed on past that little stab of shame. "But in the real world, most things that you’ll be aiming at will be moving.” On the last word, Sango withdrew one of their kunai again - purposefully telegraphing their movements - and tossed it into the air in front of the two Yuki nin. "Hit it dead center, if you can!” they challenged Jun.

<3<3<3 
MADE BY MIZO
whisper in the storm [jun]Jan 8, 2022 14:11:28 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As the girl took in the words that the young man had spoke to her she’d hang onto every word learning about Doton based techniques and how it effects the weight and power of weaponry she’d remove her notebook from her back pocket enamored with the way that he spoke, "That must be why you were having some trouble with the twirling motion you were attempting to perform the weight distribution would have affected the accuracy.” the girl would say placing a hand under her chin.
[break] [break]
During Jun’s postulations Sango would continue agreeing to help with delighted the girl to a great degree. But before saying more Sango would give her a compliment. "O-oh…thank you, I still have much to learn b-but your words are appreciated.” After the compliment was given a challenge was issued for Jun to try and hit a moving target which would be easier said than done.
"Yes, sir.” she’d say naming their gender for the first time.
[break] [break]
They’d take a step back and the Kunai would be thrown her way Jun would then remove a Kunai from her back pocket and toss it towards the weapon she knew she wasn’t going to be able to land the shot perfectly but she’d try her best as the weapon was flung from her hand however she’d nail a rather nice shot directly into the ring at the end of the handle of the blade. It would hold there for only a brief moment before falling to the ground.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]251 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Jan 8, 2022 14:12:01 GMT -5
whisper in the storm [jun]Jan 10, 2022 23:43:35 GMT -5
masahiro sango
masahiro sango Avatar
groupnull
i am flesh and i am bone
Sango couldn't quite stop the grimace from escaping, but they nodded along in agreement with Jun's assessment. "Stone Tail is made from chakra reactive metal, which enhances the effects from natural chakra." They snorted, and then sighed. "Good for, say, bludgeoning when you need it, but yeah. The extra weight means - more strength is needed, to have the same speed and accuracy as before." It went unspoken that Sango did not have that strength.

Not yet, at least.

That thought was enough to loosen their shoulders from the slightly defensive hunch they'd started to creep into without Sango's realizing. The chuunin huffed a little laugh, brushing a hand through one of their bangs. "Not sure if this is very motivational, but - the work is never done." And then Jun called them sir, and Sango's brain just - whited out for a moment.

It wasn't - they weren't a man, and 'sir' didn't quite right on their skin, but -

Well, but usually they were named ma'am or missy, so - realizing that Jun didn't see them as a woman was - it made them feel warm. Then the clang! of a solid hit brought their focus back to the present, and Sango jerked their head back around to the falling kunai. They had enough experience, by now, to be able to retrace Jun's movements and what had happened. A genuine grin spread across their face. "Good hit!" they cheered gently. It was their turn to go collect the weapons, and as they handed Jun hers back, Sango added, "Really - that was a solid throw, and getting it through the ring is always a nice bit of flashiness on the training ground."

Then Sango backed up, until they were about halfway across the room from Jun. "Let's see how many times in a row you can do that." They switched their kunai to their other hand so that they could draw the rest from their pouch. "I'll throw these five up -" five, because that was all their stubborn pride would allow them to carry - "one at a time, at all different heights. Ready?" Without waiting for Jun's assent - or dissent - they started, throwing one kunai up and then another and another. Their fingers flicked out faster and faster with each one.

lmk if you need more to work with <3
MADE BY MIZO
whisper in the storm [jun]Jan 13, 2022 16:48:42 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]After her hit collided the flash of metal would land against the ground once again she was given praise by her companion. "Oh, why thank you it took a bit of practice to nail those shots really.” Sango’s praise was appreciated and the way that they spoke was rather astute; they seemed very knowledgeable on their particular subject matter. With a new challenge being issued to repeat the feat but this time on five weapons rather than 1.

The youth relished the challenge and was eager to impress and as the weapons went up she’d ready herself and would fire off two kunai with one hand and then three with another just as sharply. The first two would clang with a sharp mash against the weaponry tossed into the air with the one of her next three having a similar effect moments later.

However her last two would go off course with one grazing one of the kunai and the other veering off course. "I suppose 3 out of 5 isn’t terrible…thought I would love to hear more of your technique, if you think it needs to be improved.” Jun liked hearing him talk his locutions were rather stimulating and those were certainly the kinds of individuals she enjoyed sharing the company of. "And I see you wield a staff as well, perhaps target practice is over you can show me your kata?” the girl would ask innocently enough.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]222 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
whisper in the storm [jun]Jan 17, 2022 21:45:01 GMT -5
masahiro sango
masahiro sango Avatar
groupnull
i am flesh and i am bone
"Not terrible, at all," Sango agreed easily. It it had been them making three out of five, they might have had a different opinion, but - Jun wasn't them, now was she. They would rather run back out into the blizzard that was well and truly howling outside by this point than disparage or discourage her for being at her own level. Besides, she would reach their level; they could see it in the way Jun focused before each shot and  the way she edited her next throw based off of what feedback she'd gotten with the one before. "My technique?" Sango hummed a bit, and used the time it took to retrieve the kunai to think.

When they turned back to Jun, their expression was thoughtful. "Practice when you're tired or stressed - mentally and physically. If you can hit a target at your lowest, with a fair amount of accuracy, then that will translate to a higher level of skill at your best condition - which will trickle back into your bad condition and so on." It was a feedback loop Sango had figured out after several upset, frustrated nights of pushing themself past their limits.

When the conversation turned to staffs, their eyes shone with anticipation - was there any nin, they wondered, that didn't enjoy talking about their favorite weapons? Or was that just a trait of being a child of the Masahiro? Sango dipped their fingers into their hip pouch and brought out their bo staff, extending it with a flourishing spin. "I started with the staff," they explained, a fond little smile curving the corners of their lips as they looked down at the bo staff. "The staff and the jōhyō are in the same family of weapons - the mechanics behind their katas are quite similar so long as you adjust for the jōhyō's... flexibility." They laughed softly, one hand coming up to cover their mouth at their own little private - though admittedly unfunny - joke. 

Then Sango quirked their brow at Jun. "You know - a spar could be just the thing to help tire you out." There weren't many people in Yuki that they knew who also gravitated to the staff - they weren't about to give up a chance for a spar with someone else who just... got the beauty and wonder of the weapon. "What do you say?"

jōhyō = rope dart // <3 <3
MADE BY MIZO
whisper in the storm [jun]Jan 23, 2022 21:06:36 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As the girl was told that her attempts were as poor as she thought she smiled. "Oh no need to attempt and flatter me Sango, I still have much to learn.” she’d say not losing focus thought afterwards an interesting piece of wisdom would be spouted from the young man. To practice when she was at her lowest point or when she was at her most tired, something she hadn’t thought of. "Really, make my lowest day be the days when I can perform at my best.” she’d think on it for a moment before snapping her fingers.
[break] [break]
"I see! So that I can better perform even when I’m underperforming.” Jun would look to this person who had checkmated their logic quite a few times and found them to be rather fascinating. "Such wisdom.” the girl would think. Afterwards they would go about the Johyo and it’s relationship to a regular staff she’d watch his demonstration but didn’t fully understand his meaning, "How is it that a rope dart is capable of performing such action similar to that of a staff?" she'd wonder but shortly there after would hear them mention a spar.
[break] [break]
"A spar? Certainly, it'd be a good chance for me to assess more of your skills!” the girl would state eagerly. She adored hearing him talk and now she gets to see him fight what kind of battle prowess would a wise warrior such as Sango bring in battle. "I happily acquiesce!" she'd state as she meandered towards her jacket to retrieve her staff.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]260 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Jan 23, 2022 21:07:52 GMT -5
whisper in the storm [jun]Jan 25, 2022 16:15:35 GMT -5
masahiro sango
masahiro sango Avatar
groupnull
i am flesh and i am bone
'I happily acquiesce!' Jun had chirped brightly, and Sango was helpless to stop the half-amused, but mostly just affectionate smile that spread across their face in turn. The other shinobi was... cute.

Now, cute wasn't typically a word that the chuunin liked to use - it felt diminutive and condescending, at least when applied to anyone past the age of three. Jun was obviously studious and clever and talented, her determination and purpose shining through in all her actions. Even in just this short encounter, Sango could see that she had the exact sort of characteristics that they prized in themself and admired in others. But - well, there was just something about her mannerisms and way of speaking that was just -

Cute.

Sango had a moment to ponder that little realization while Jun headed over to her gear, absently rolling their shoulders loose and stretching out their waist and wrists. Then, when it looked like she was ready, they would twirl their bo staff, feet settling into a balanced stance. They eyed her staff with clear interest - she'd said she had made it herself, hadn't she? - but quickly focused back on Jun's face with a small, expectant smirk.

"Ready?" But just like the last time they'd asked her that, Sango would move before waiting for Jun's answer, lunging forward with a decisive downward strike across the other's torso.

are they even still training or just straight flirting now? xD
MADE BY MIZO