Living in a NightmareJan 5, 2022 16:29:01 GMT -5
Mikatakujira Kunikunosaku
Evil doesn't die; it changes shape.
Mikatakujira Kunikunosaku Avatar
groupWaterfall Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday 2/14 rank Sp. Jōnin occupation Taki Lady

TAG HERE

Read notes

We're no hero inside, we're the monster you need.

Jumping branch to branch, limb to limb, the Mikatakujira apprentice scanned the area for any rogue agents. It was quite a routine for her to patrol not only around Takigakure for any immediate threats but proactive monitoring within Bonchi no Kuni to take out threats before they became threats. Under her own supervision, she could rest calmly knowing each day the village was safe. But, there were some things that were uneasy to her. It wasn't the wild animals nor was it the hidden bandits she found on occasion, whether or not they were planning to hit the village, it was the lone travelers she was weary of.

Ever since her run-in with the inexplicable EGF user, Kunikunosaku couldn't help but second guess any wayward traveler who claim to be lost, despite Bonchi no Kuni being a labyrinth to the uninitiated. The Mikatakujira honed in on even the vegetation and animal quality of life. Protruding no scent, Kuni is able to get up closer and monitor each fauna or carnivore closely. Some things could be undetectable by her and utilizing the native inhabitants was an easy way to acclimate a rough synopsis of the environment even beyond what her eyes could tell her. Hours of searching came up with nothing, merely silence.

"Maybe today isn't a good day for patrolling?"

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:
Jiongu | Earth Grudge Fear

After having to recycle the roots that ended up killing the previous Apprentice just to transfer Jiongu to Kunikunosaku, the mass of black roots recollects most of its abilities from the Apprentice previous while forming new ones with its new master/host, Kunikunosaku. As far as the roots are concerned, like any organism, it desires to feed and survive, all else is not required, nor necessary to function. As for the Symbiotic Relationship benefits Kunikunosaku can control the thread-like roots however she wishes. The thread are quite versatile, acting much like surgical threads they can be used to sew up wounds stretch, or harden for attacks akin to squid tentacles, as well as being equally flexible and significantly dexterous. In time, Kunikunosaku will learn that as long as they keep a heart attached to at least some of the roots making up her body at all times, she is functionally immortal, only dying once all the threads are completely removed from any living hearts, and is unable to be poisoned. Because all of her vital organs and their corresponding systems are gone, Kunikunosaku has no need to breathe, eat, or sleep. The roots are sufficiently maintained by storing hearts that are pumping and living, in turn drawing sustenance from them. These roots also allow Kunikunosaku to utilize the inherent nature of any hearts she adds to their body, allowing them to perform jutsu of that element as if it was their natural affinity.

Symbiotic Relationship: Mutualism

After gaining knowledge on how Jiongu behaves and acts, Kunikunosaku developed a strong bond with the Jiongu entity. Accepting both live in her now; that both are what makes up Kunikunosaku. As a result of this understanding and bond, Jiongu aids her in combat - despite being a small boost. When conditions are met, Jiongu can provide an aided strength boost to Kunikunosaku during combat. It is still relative to her natural strength at the time. While this has no speed benefits, this boost of strength can put her up to par with the max strength of her peers at the same rank level. As she matures and gains new skills and new statuses. So too does her strength grow.

Symbiotic Bond: Strong Mind, Strong Body
As Kunikunosaku developed a stronger relationship with Jiongu, the creature bestowed Kunikunosaku an additional gift. That which is bestowed grants her the body as strong as her will. As long as she has the will to fight and keep pushing forward, Kunikunosaku has attained a sense of a strong body. She can still feel all the pain she receives, however, her will will push through it; literally making her body push through the pain and maintain functionality despite the egregious wounds she may receive. Overwhelming pain at one time or other will breaking input can debilitate the girl's will-driven tolerance to falter to the degree of an average shinobi, opening her up to common pain. It is this will that allows her to force the tendrils/roots/threads to repair themselves from injury or stitch back together. This will increases with her skill as she becomes more confident and driven to satiate both her needs and Jiongu's.

Power of a God:
After a great time learning how to control Jiongu, Kunikunosaku has learned to store chakra in each of her threads so long as they continue to be attached to at least one of her hearts. This extra storage capacity allows the girl to amass greater amounts of chakra within herself, expanding her reserves beyond that of the normal shinobi her rank. As with many other abilities, this ability continues to grow as the girl does through the ranks and years.

Cursed Master:

As a reward for attaining a greater deal of control over her symbiotic relationship with Jiongu, Kunikunosaku acquired the keys to the gate of mastering her abilities. This new boon allows Kunikunosaku to double the impact of her EGF ninjutsu. In addition, a passive boon is the ability to completely negate Jiongu's manipulation to consume more hearts. These boons together allow Kuni to further manipulate Jiongu against its basic natures, improving her unique utilization. While still young and unrefined, the ability is expected to grow as their bond deepens to even further levels.

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED:
01 | Ikari to Hisan (Continuous)
last edit by Mikatakujira Kunikunosaku on Jan 5, 2022 22:26:36 GMT -5
Necronomicon_Nightmare has written 759 posts
Living in a NightmareJan 5, 2022 17:33:59 GMT -5
groupWaterfall Shinobi

TAG HERE

Read notes

Coming to a stop, Kunikunosaku decided to come to a stop. It was no point in pursuing farther, nature didn't lie. Miles out from her village, Kunikunosaku looked over to the direction her home was, to the direction where Ruto was, Sesshoku, Etsuko, even Takeshi. The Mikatakujira felt an odd heaviness around her, even calling her tendrils to the surface. She closed her eyes and began her way back. She knew what awaited at home, it was always routine for her but still, there was something odd, that heavy feeling around her, creeping into her chest. It was definitely foreign, or at least something she didn't recall in recent memory.

The Mikatakujira continued to press forward, trying her best to ignore the feeling. However, doing so made her feel heavier and heavier. The Kunoichi hastened her pace before launching herself from one branch, crashing into the other with significant force prior to crashing on the ground. She could have caught herself, continued on, but it was as if her body simply froze. With no answers, Kuni laid on the ground in semi-lifelessness. That is until the mysterious weight pinned her to the ground.

Just give up... Please... Kunikunosaku groaned in pain as the memory of those words came out of nowhere. It was so clear as day but there was no one in sight, no heartbeat out of the ordinary. But that voice, it wasn't Jiongu's nor was it Kōi's. Kunikunosaku attempted to get up to her knees and her body quivered before falling back down onto the earth.

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:

After having to recycle the roots that ended up killing the previous Apprentice just to transfer Jiongu to Kunikunosaku, the mass of black roots recollects most of its abilities from the Apprentice previous while forming new ones with its new master/host, Kunikunosaku. As far as the roots are concerned, like any organism, it desires to feed and survive, all else is not required, nor necessary to function. As for the Symbiotic Relationship benefits Kunikunosaku can control the thread-like roots however she wishes. The thread are quite versatile, acting much like surgical threads they can be used to sew up wounds stretch, or harden for attacks akin to squid tentacles, as well as being equally flexible and significantly dexterous. In time, Kunikunosaku will learn that as long as they keep a heart attached to at least some of the roots making up her body at all times, she is functionally immortal, only dying once all the threads are completely removed from any living hearts, and is unable to be poisoned. Because all of her vital organs and their corresponding systems are gone, Kunikunosaku has no need to breathe, eat, or sleep. The roots are sufficiently maintained by storing hearts that are pumping and living, in turn drawing sustenance from them. These roots also allow Kunikunosaku to utilize the inherent nature of any hearts she adds to their body, allowing them to perform jutsu of that element as if it was their natural affinity.

After gaining knowledge on how Jiongu behaves and acts, Kunikunosaku developed a strong bond with the Jiongu entity. Accepting both live in her now; that both are what makes up Kunikunosaku. As a result of this understanding and bond, Jiongu aids her in combat - despite being a small boost. When conditions are met, Jiongu can provide an aided strength boost to Kunikunosaku during combat. It is still relative to her natural strength at the time. While this has no speed benefits, this boost of strength can put her up to par with the max strength of her peers at the same rank level. As she matures and gains new skills and new statuses. So too does her strength grow.

As Kunikunosaku developed a stronger relationship with Jiongu, the creature bestowed Kunikunosaku an additional gift. That which is bestowed grants her the body as strong as her will. As long as she has the will to fight and keep pushing forward, Kunikunosaku has attained a sense of a strong body. She can still feel all the pain she receives, however, her will will push through it; literally making her body push through the pain and maintain functionality despite the egregious wounds she may receive. Overwhelming pain at one time or other will breaking input can debilitate the girl's will-driven tolerance to falter to the degree of an average shinobi, opening her up to common pain. It is this will that allows her to force the tendrils/roots/threads to repair themselves from injury or stitch back together. This will increases with her skill as she becomes more confident and driven to satiate both her needs and Jiongu's.

Power of a God:
After a great time learning how to control Jiongu, Kunikunosaku has learned to store chakra in each of her threads so long as they continue to be attached to at least one of her hearts. This extra storage capacity allows the girl to amass greater amounts of chakra within herself, expanding her reserves beyond that of the normal shinobi her rank. As with many other abilities, this ability continues to grow as the girl does through the ranks and years.

Cursed Master:

As a reward for attaining a greater deal of control over her symbiotic relationship with Jiongu, Kunikunosaku acquired the keys to the gate of mastering her abilities. This new boon allows Kunikunosaku to double the impact of her EGF ninjutsu. In addition, a passive boon is the ability to completely negate Jiongu's manipulation to consume more hearts. These boons together allow Kuni to further manipulate Jiongu against its basic natures, improving her unique utilization. While still young and unrefined, the ability is expected to grow as their bond deepens to even further levels.

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED:
Living in a NightmareJan 5, 2022 21:41:05 GMT -5
groupWaterfall Shinobi

TAG HERE

Read notes

The girl shriveled up, bringing her knees to her chest as her body started to shiver. Why am I hearing that? What is going on? The Mikatakujira thought before her her body felt like it was being torn from the outside out. The girl screamed out in pain, it was the only thing she could feel at that moment. It genuine felt like she was being torn apart by the second and she reached out her hand, calling out words that were never heard from her in years. "PAPA! MAMA!" As soon as the words left her mouth, she felt the pain numb. The pain was indeed gone for it had never been there, that didn't stop the melding of fact nor illusions.

She felt her outstretched arm about halfway up her forearm warm intensely, it felt like she was holding onto something and for her life, Kuni could not pull her arm back. She saw the tendrils move under her skin, going up to her fist. K-K-Ku-ni. As soon as the second voice stopped, she saw her black tendrils sprung from her arm violently and all she could hear was the sound of organs hitting the wall, and an immediately choked-out scream. The girl was in tears, the roots have amassed enough water to give her the ability to cry and she sobbed. "Papa... I'm so sorry!" She continued sobbing for a good minute before her head felt like it was suddenly splitting open, the screams of pain returning and so too did it.

Kunikunosaku... Kunikunosaku! GET UP! FIGHT, TEAR, KILL, EAT! These pests have hearts ripe for the taking, they can't fight you off, just save them from weakness; from imperfection. We aren't the monster, they are! They made us like this, why should we stand idly by; why should we apologize to them?! Punish them! Take their hearts for making you like this! Get- Just shut the hell up! All you do is bicker and complain?! Hey! Kōi! What's wrong with you, can't I get a day to myself? You know better than I that will never happen, we are one in the same. How can you be so dense as to think we are separate? My life has been hell since you came along, my life isn't even my life anymore! You are just a parasite, get out! I'm done with you! You think I'm here by choice? IT WAS YOU WHO BROUGHT ME HERE, it was you who took me in. It was you who needed me to help you live. I DIDN'T ASK TO LIVE, I didn't ask to be born. I want you out! I changed my mind, I won't be your damn host!" "I didn't ask to have such a weak body. And for the record, a parasite would have killed you, a symbiont wouldn't. I saved you. If you really forgot our relationship, we have a vicious endocytic neuroactive obligatory mutualistic relationship. If you are too stupid to know what that means; I leave, we both die! You leave, we both die! You think I enjoy this? OBLIGATORY. I HAVE TO! I'm fine with that. I'm giving you permission to get out. You really hate your lif- THIS ISN'T LIFE! Get out or give me my life back. Kunikunosaku gasped for air in between her sobs, it was unreal; she was even hearing Zangyaku Kōi again?! The pain continued drilling for her head, she felt like she was watching her own body break down. She couldn't even control her most basic functions, she was just there for this Nightmare. Fueled. Ride.

She felt a sudden warmness and her body stopped shaking, tears were slowing. I truly appreciate the care and hospitality you have shown me, Kunikunosaku. If you're asking me personally to join your life personally... that seems acceptable. I can't promise the combining of our clans, but I can promise myself to you. Kunikunosaku placed one hand over her mouth and the other over her chest. "Wasu... Wasurete. I loved you..." The girl started crying into her arms. The warmth disappeared however, but the pain in her chest came back. I certainly do not jest on such matter. As you are aware, I am a Shisen first and foremost, that's my life, duty and pride. My clan will always come before anything, and after pondering much, I realised we live in different worlds. I'm not denying the feelings I once had, but indulging in this flair made me dull. I can't accept that. I gave away my eye for the sake of the Shisen, and I will also give away my heart. Don't make this harder than it has to be, Kuni. "STOP IT! I DON'T WANT TO REMEMBER!" Kunikunosaku finally got up to her knees, slamming her fist into the ground. The anger from Kunikunosaku was immense, comparable to that day.

You wish to find some semblance of humanity..despite you no longer having one... Once Ryū's voice came, the girl silently quiver back into the tear-ridden ground, there seemed to be no end in sight. I do not know if your... 'quest' will have any result that you will claim some untold insight into your new being..or reclaim that which you lost those years ago...You're a unique being that has the chance to exist for eternity...which is a claim to the fact that you are no longer alive... She felt a sliver of hope but it was so broken and crushing to her. The girl had trouble correlating her own thoughts from her memories and she continued as hard as she could to get back to standing upon her feet.

She finally mustered the strength to at least get up, pulling herself to her knees. "Why, why did this all happen to me? Why am I like this? Why can't I escape this?" Now show me little monster if you have what it takes to live in our world. The words of Takeshi were the last to rip through her mind, and while they were derogatory in context, they oddly pushed her forward, pushed her back to her feet. The girl looked at her hands and tears fell down a now monotonous face. "I don't even know who I am anymore... What I am... And..."

"I don't think there's an answer."

TEMPbyAi ♥

SA(S) USED:

Power of a God:

Cursed Master:

JUTSU(S) USED:
N/A
EQUIPMENT USED:
last edit by Mikatakujira Kunikunosaku on Jan 5, 2022 21:46:03 GMT -5