A flame in the water [Kasumi]

compose a reply
A flame in the water [Kasumi]Jan 19, 2022 15:13:54 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
the price of freedom is steep
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"a flame in the water".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

EXPLORATION

Walking around Mizu no Tera was conflicting.

One part of the young Hyuuga was marveled by the beauty of the place, its different culture and local cuisine, people were being cold, yet cordial and helpful. He got directions to a seafood stand not too long ago, and managed to get himself a couple of freshly fried squid, and it tasted delicious. Yet, this was supposed to be an enemy nation, and although Shigure had been in the Land of Water around five years ago, things grew more tense in this time period. Still, he was supposed to be safe there, under the truce of the Chuunin Exams.

His eyes were still curiously analysing the place, taking mental note of land marks and important locations; if he was going to spend a decent amount of time here, he ought to learn how to navigate the city and try to feel as comfortable as he possibly could, which wasn't saying much. Eventually, he would come close to a park of sorts, where he found a nice little bench. Cracking a rather happy smile on his face, he walked over to it and sit down to enjoy his fried squid. "Tastes so good." he said to no one in particular.

Despite the fact that he was trying to relax, he never let his guard down even for a second. There was this tension lingering inside of him, almost as if he was about to be attacked the moment he fully relaxed. It was weird to feel that way, but he thought it was only natural, given the circumstances. For those looking at him, he looked distracted and carefree, but the forehead protector of the Hidden Leaf Village indicated he was a shinobi, but maybe not a very cautious one?

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Pre-Chuunin Exams
Mizu no Tera's Park
[]
[301 words]
Ren has written 1,690 posts
A flame in the water [Kasumi]Jan 19, 2022 15:38:20 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
A true justice must be served.
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday Feburary 22nd rank Chuunin occupation

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE
There is only one path left to take.

The situation was more than a little frustrating for Kasumi. Not only were they welcoming their enemies this close to their home, but the girl was expected to share a room with a Konoha ninja? Steam to blow off was far from what she felt. She'd stormed out of her room long before, heading towards the clearing they had access to.

"Grah!"

She yelped out, swinging her sword into the water with a jutsu that generated enough force to displace at least most of the water inside of it. A pond that was large in the middle of their recreational area.

What she didn't notice, however, was that there was someone sitting on a nearby bench eating some kind of food. Food that would be drenched now in filthy pond water if the man didn't deflect it somehow. Then she noticed the konoha eyes and spit to the side.

"I just can't get away from you filthy rats today, can I?" Tch. Can you just scram off?"

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Kasumi has become known for her strange chakara form. When in a dire situation, she is capable of releasing her chakra, which in turn takes a strange color unlike the normal blue color of chakra, and takes the form of a demonic cat figure. She is then enveloped in a demon shroud.

This ability grants her a fierce looking aura, that may come off as intimidating and a tenacity to push beyond their normal limits physically- when this mode is activated, Kasumi is harder to knock out or kill and will generally fight for longer than a normal body is capable of.

Keeping this ability active has a medium drain on Kasumi's chakara.

Kenjutsu Training:
Since a young age, Kasumi has felt the weight of a sword in her hands. She's practiced combat with swords, and is able to compete with some of the best sword users around. That said, people who lack training with a sword or intensive Taijutsu tend to be overwhelmed by her skill.

Large Chakra Reserves:
Kasumi was born with higher than average chakara reserves, letting her use more chakara and jutsu without being exhausted. A natural gift from her lineage. She has learned how to properly take advantage of these reserves.

Equipment: Hakushika Kami

Jutsu used:

Bloo has written 496 posts
A flame in the water [Kasumi]Jan 19, 2022 15:49:07 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"a flame in the water".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

START AGAIN

As he enjoyed his nice treat, he noticed an angry girl near by the lake in the park, she was grunting and clearly upset, and by the looks of it, she was a local, a Mist shinobi. Narrowing his eyes, Shigure noticed that she was there the day before, when they were introduced to their dorms as one of the participants on the current Chuunin Exams. It seemed like she was letting out some steam for whatever reason and with a powerful swing into the water, she displaced most of its water, which was now making its way towards Shigure. "Ops..." he exclaimed, holding one of his squids with his teeth while he focuses some chakra on his right palm.

As the water approached him, he pushed his hand forward, and although nothing apparently came of it, he essentially cut the water wave in half, avoiding getting wet, while the remaining of the water just hit the park around him. "That was close... It almost ruined my squid... What is she doing?" he wondered, arching one of his brows, intrigued by this angry girl. Just like he noted her, she also seemed to notice him. Well, no wonder, he did split her water wave in half seemingly effortlessly. He was almost tempted to try and greet her, but before he could do that, she started berating him. From her words, it seemed like she just outright disliked Leaf shinobi.

"Why so many members of the other villages hate us so much? Was the former Hokage as bad as the rumors say?" he wondered. With a deep sigh, Shigure got up from his chair and took a few steps towards Kasumi, but instead of confronting her, he bowed respectfully to her. "I apologise if I caused you any distress. I'm not looking for any trouble so... Hmmm... Ah!" and as an idea struck his head, he cracked a quite friendly smile on his face and extended his left hand towards her, holding one of the fried squids. "Here, you can take this. Let's try to get along." his tone was friendly and kind.

Shigure was a few inches taller than Kasumi, but quite slender. He didn't look very intimidating. If anything, he looked like a nice guy with weird eyes, just like Kayaku's eyes, if she took a proper look at the young man, which were quite unique, being completely white and featurless.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Pre-Chuunin Exams
Mizu no Tera's Park
[]
[408 words]
A flame in the water [Kasumi]Jan 19, 2022 21:18:22 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

The Konoha nin did not flee, or scram, despite Kasumi's demands. Instead she leveled a glare at the older man. Much older, actually. Was he some kind of jounin plant that Konoha prepared to get some intel on this? Or was he really just a pathetically old Genin?

"You have caused me distress. It wasn't a lack of food, though. It was your presence here. It distresses me."

She'd take the peace offering, as if she was willing to bury the hatchet. Then toss the food aside like it was nothing. She wasn't falling for a trap. Not the way her father had, so many years ago.

"What's your play here, grandpa? You some kind of undercover spy to see if Kirigakure is ripe for invading? You brought that Nara bastard here to do your thinking for you?"

She spit to the side, not even the slightest bit disturbed by the height difference. Instead she found herself incited by the man and his arrogance to speak to her like she was an idiot.

"I won't fall for it. And I won't act like you're a threat to me either. What's your next play?"

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Kasumi has become known for her strange chakara form. When in a dire situation, she is capable of releasing her chakra, which in turn takes a strange color unlike the normal blue color of chakra, and takes the form of a demonic cat figure. She is then enveloped in a demon shroud.

This ability grants her a fierce looking aura, that may come off as intimidating and a tenacity to push beyond their normal limits physically- when this mode is activated, Kasumi is harder to knock out or kill and will generally fight for longer than a normal body is capable of.

Kenjutsu Training:
Since a young age, Kasumi has felt the weight of a sword in her hands. She's practiced combat with swords, and is able to compete with some of the best sword users around. That said, people who lack training with a sword or intensive Taijutsu tend to be overwhelmed by her skill.

Large Chakra Reserves:
Kasumi was born with higher than average chakara reserves, letting her use more chakara and jutsu without being exhausted. A natural gift from her lineage. She has learned how to properly take advantage of these reserves.

Jutsu used:

A flame in the water [Kasumi]Jan 23, 2022 19:28:40 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"a flame in the water".

INTRODUCTION

Seemed like this girl had a deep hatred towards anybody who was a shinobi of the Hidden Leaf Village. Shigure had already started to wonder about things like that, and maybe Kawai Niko was really a bad Hokage for the Leaf's image in the ninja world, but that didn't mean he would just lower his head and accept that. Still, he wasn't here to make enemies, and if he could mend some of those relationships, all the better. The girl dismissed his mention of food being the cause of her distress and instead was pointing him as the cause of her distress. "Oh, me? That's unfortunate. Maybe we can fix that." he said, cracking a friendly smile to Kasumi.

When the girl took the fried squid, he almost thought she was willing to take a chance at this potential truce, but she was quick to show her true colours and ideals by throwing it away. Shigure looked distresses for a second and he slapped his forehead, shaking his head in great disappointment. "Oh boy... You just threw away a delicious food, that's not very nice." he commented, looking at the ruined squid and grieving for its untimely demise.

Kasumi asked what was his next play and he just smiled to her. He was almost feeling sorry for her and he had this tenderness in his white eyes that would speak as much. "I have no play, I'm not trying to offend you, and if anything, I offered my food in good faith. I still think we can do without this aggressive and belligerent atmosphere." he said, and then he did a brief bow to the girl. "I'm Hyuuga Shigure. And from your attitude and your overall look, I take you are Kasumi?" he said, not really revealing how he knew her name.

Pre-Chuunin Exams
Mizu no Tera's park
[]
[307 words]
A flame in the water [Kasumi]Jan 24, 2022 10:18:55 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

The man kept up his phony friendly act, making Kasumi cross her arms and deepen her scowl. Acting like he had done nothing wrong. Acting like he was some saint from an enemy nation.

It just reeked of spy to her. Not to mention the suspicious age gap.

"Heard of me? Was I on one of the files they gave you to prepare for this mission? What is your mission, exactly?" She soit to the side, glaring hard at the boy. "There's no chance you're innocently out here for the exams. You're too old. And that chakara control was hardly a Genin level."

Kasumi knew a plant when she saw one. She wasn't a fool. Or at the least, not that big of a fool. He bowed his head and offered her peace again, but Konoha had ruined their chances of peace with her long ago.

"Raise your head, and do something smart here. Pull out of the exams. Go back home, and tell your black hearted leaders that the mission was too dangerous. That you couldn't do it, and had to retreat. Before you get hurt."

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Kenjutsu Training:

Large Chakra Reserves:

Jutsu used:

A flame in the water [Kasumi]Jan 24, 2022 10:44:58 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"a flame in the water".

TALKS OF PEACE

He arched one of his brows when she asked if she was one of the files he was given. "Files, what are you talking ab..." but she continued to speak and he decided to stop and listen to what she had to say; she was likely to reveal what her thoughts were if he didn't interrupt, and indeed she did... And it was quite amusing. So, Kasumi thought he was a spy of sorts, sneaking into the exams to gain intel on other people. Shigure would laugh if he wasn't a bit embarrassed with his own situation. Yes, he was likely the oldest Genin in here, and it was fair that some of the younger ones would suspect he was something else, but they couldn't be more wrong. If anything, he was someone who struggled more than most to rank up, and that was the reality of it.

He let her finish her rant, and once she was done, he shook his head when she told him to go home and claim the 'mission' was too dangerous. "You got it all wrong. I heard about you from a member of my team. He is your roommate. A tall boy with black hair? Nara Yoru is his name, and he mentioned he had a feisty roommate whose description matches yours." he explained. "As for myself, yes, I'm older than most, but I'm still a Genin. I failed the exams twice before, and now I'm here to try again. I'm glad you think my chakra control is above Genin-level, I've been training really hard to achieve that level." he said, giving her a small bow as a way to thank her for the compliment. "But like I said, I'm not here to anatagonise you. And albeit friendship is off the table, I don't see why we need to be enemies. We are not at war, and the exams have not started. I do believe we can reach an understanding, and, who knows... Maybe one day the Leaf and the Mist can become allies?" he proposed.

His tone was quite earnest, and if anything, Kasumi's suspicions were a fruit of her own head and that alone. Shigure was a friendly person by nature, kind and gentle. "We all lost people we care about, war is like that. But we are not chained to our hatred, we can grow past that." he added with a firm nod, even though he wasn't sure how he would feel if he was to come across the person who killed his uncle.

Pre-Chuunin Exams
Mizu no Tera's park
[]
[431 words]
A flame in the water [Kasumi]Jan 24, 2022 13:46:06 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

Sheesh. This guy was such a load of crap, wasn't he? Kasumi spat again, getting the taste of his lovey dovey crap out of her mouth. "So you're just incompetent, then? Fine enough, but don't think I don't have my eye on you. I don't trust you Konoha ninja at all."

The grown man actually stood here, talking about hate and chains and blah blah blah like some naive main character from one of those comics they sold at stores. Yeah, as if life was really like that.

"If they give you all those therapy lessons instead of training, then I see why it'd take a Genin the age of... what are you, thirty? Whatever. To finally be confident in the exams."

Kasumi laughed in his face, turning her back on him despite keeping her senses sharp in case the Konoha decided to break the no fighting rule.

"Remember my name, Konoha, and if you end up against me do yourself a favor and surrender. It'll save you some pain."

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Kenjutsu Training:

Large Chakra Reserves:

Jutsu used:

A flame in the water [Kasumi]Jan 24, 2022 14:07:34 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"a flame in the water".

HYUUGA CLAN

Shigure sighed at her words, not really bothered when she called him incompetent. He had been weak in the past, and knowing that was what gave him the strength to push past his own traumas and stand up once again, stronger than ever, turning his past weakness into his main source of strength and determination. When she asked his age, he just stared at her when she suggested he might be thirty. If anything, people usually thought Shigure was younger than he looked. "I'm twenty, actually." he responded in a calm and collected tone, unfazed by her laughter, he could see her inexperience and the need to overcompensate, it was something he was now quite used to.

However, when she suggested he should give up if he ended up facing her in battle, he arched one of his brows, and a smile appeared on his face, a quite amused one. "Surrender? I don't think that is going to happen. I wish you the best of luck, but if we do fight, I will not hold back. I fought a Mist swordsmen before, and I can say I learned my lesson. I will not lose again." he said in a rather earnest tone. "And if what you displayed is any testament of your skill, then unfortunately you have no chance of beating me. I'm not a pushover, Momochi Kasumi." he added, widening his smirk. "I'm a proud member of the Hyuuga clan. If you don't know anything about my clan, then you should definitely do your homework, because we are one of the strongest in the Hidden Leaf" he added, before pausing a bit to take a bite of his fried squid, the last one before he was done with it.

"And, by the way, the squid was delicious. You should've accepted it." he added with a light shrug.

Pre-Chuunin Exams
Mizu no Tera's park
[]
[314 words]
A flame in the water [Kasumi]Jan 26, 2022 11:54:22 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

Kasumi was going to ignore the man, and his silly little overcompensation. Watching her fire off that jutsu wasn't enough to impress him? Find enough. That wasn't important. She stopped in her tracks though when he mentioned his clan, letting out a low growl and looking over her shoulder at the man with a glare.

"It's always clan this, clan that. Tch." She started back towards her room with her infuriating room mate. "If you think having a fancy name means your strong, you're even weaker than I thought at first."

She'd let out a laugh, putting her hands behind her head and relaxing now. Was there any ninja out there without some bloodline they were obsessed with? Seemed Kasumi really was one of a kind.

"I'll give you a piece of advice. Don't put faith in your clan to carry you. Put faith in yourself, Konoha. When you know your own strength, and stand on your own, you might have a chance at getting through here with your life."

Giving her elder advice was probably at least a little disrespectful, but Kasumi had a habit of that. She'd head back to the dorms, if he had nothing left to say.

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Kenjutsu Training:

Large Chakra Reserves:

Jutsu used:

A flame in the water [Kasumi]Jan 26, 2022 12:26:08 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"a flame in the water".

ADVICE

Seemed like the clan thing was a sore spot for the girl. It wasn't all that surprising, to be honest. Clanless shinobi had a tendency of holding a sort of grudge to those who were blessed with a Kekkei Genkai, or a Hijutsu. In any case, Shigure didn't underestimate those without clan, for he knew anybody could climb to the top if they put enough effort into it. He shook his head at her statement. "Believe what you want. I mentioned my name as a courtesy to you." he simple said, folding his arms in front of his chest.

Shigure did chuckle when she implied that he was trying to hide behind his name to carry him. Her words, however, carried some wisdom that he agreed to and he nodded. "It's like you said. My clan cannot determine my strength. No matter from which family you are from, if you don't put effort into training, you are no good. But words are cheap. I will let you determine my mettle by the merits of my actions, the same way I will measure you by your actions. As a piece of advice though..." he paused, watching as she started to walk away from the place. "Don't let your hatred towards a village blind you. Just like you don't think a clan determines the power of a person, don't think that everyone from a village think and act the same. People are different, and if you hatred comes from experience, that experience will not be reflected on everyone." he said, taking one step forward and pointing his index finger towards her.

"A Mist shinobi killed a person who was like a father to me, and while I do have some anger towards that person, it does not mean all mist shinobi carry that blood in their hands. And for as long as people keep on generalising like that, we will never grow beyond all this hatred." and with those words, he bowed to her as she continued to walk away, and then he turned on his heels, moving the opposite direction. He would leave unless she spoke to him again, which didn't seem very likely, things considered.

Pre-Chuunin Exams
Mizu no Tera's Park
[]
[360 words]

quick reply

compose a reply