sailing into the mist [Tokaku]

compose a reply
sailing into the mist [Tokaku]Jan 24, 2022 9:41:04 GMT -5
Hatake Toshizō
Aku Soku Zan - Slay Evil Immediately
Hatake Toshizō Avatar
groupnull
age 37 years old birthday April 15 rank Elite Jounin occupation Shinobi Council | Commander of Root
header
"sailing into the mist".
"A man who can't uphold his beliefs is pathetic, dead or alive."

SUPPORT

To travel to an enemy nation was something Toshizou only ever did during times of war. Not even when they were hosting a Chuunin Exam did the man make his way there; it bothered him deeply to see an enemy he could not kill due to the truce that was upheld during the event. Well, this time was an exception: for a couple years now, Toshizou was making an effort to be more present in the lives of his daughters. He had been a negligent father for most of their lives, too focused on his work and on the Hidden Leaf Village, but ever since he retired from the ANBU, he decided to try and make it up for the lost time. Tokaku, his eldest, had signed up for her Chuunin Exams, and he knew it would be important for her if he was there, and since her mother had passed away, he couldn't reasonably dodge this responsibility without hurting their relationship.]

That being said, he prepared his private vessel and with a small crew, the two sailed towards Mizu no Tera, where the exams were being held. "Interesting play, Mizukage. Not wanting to show your village to your enemies... I can respect that attitude. I would've done the same if I was the Hokage." he said in a rather bitter tone; not being selected as a Hokage, and losing that position to a clown-hero type like Uzumaki Keisuke was a very sore spot for the man, who dreamed on making the Leaf great again.

In any case, this next month was not about him, but about his daughter. It was her first time on a boat, and he knew that her anxiety would be kicking in; the exams were something of extreme importance in the life of a Shinobi, it was basically them proving to the world they no longer needed their training-wheels. Toshi knew there was plenty of pressure on his daughter's shoulder: he had become a Chuunin when he was eleven years-old, and by the time he was thirteen, he had already become a member of the ANBU, both younger than Tokaku currently was. He was a born genius, one who had nothing but duty in his mind. He didn't expect many people to follow in such footsteps, and he never held this type of expectations.

Still, Tokaku was quite impressive for her age. She already had awaken her Sharingan, and was quite skilled with Genjutsu, an art that was not very popular among most Genin. Approaching the girl on the deck, he touched her shoulder gently. "It's okay to be nervous and anxious, but try not to let it overwhelm you, okay?" his tone was kind and caring, a tone he reserved to very few people in the world.

"You can train a dog with food. You can buy a person with money. But there isn't a man alive that can put down the Will of Fire. Some things will never change. The Will of Fire will never be extinguished"

Pre-Chuunin Exams
Toshi's private vessel
[]
[458 words]
Ren has written 399 posts
sailing into the mist [Tokaku]Jan 24, 2022 18:17:07 GMT -5
Uchiha Tokaku
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Uchiha Tokaku Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday rank Adv. Genin occupation Genin Team Member

Tokaku hated that she was going anywhere near Mizu no Kuni. The shinobi from that village had slaughtered her comrades, taking something precious from the young Uchiha. What they did fueled her hatred she felt since awakening her Sharingan. She could never forgive them, nor did she want to be in a position that she had to ever do anything but fight or kill Kirigakure shinobi. She hoped she had a chance to because she was now in the Chuunin Exams again. This time she wasn't going to need someone to rescue her.

She wasn't going to fail, all over again. She was going to make her mother proud. On the dock of her father's private boat, the white haired girl had never been on a boat before. So, lately she found herself out here just to get a nice view of the ocean. It was relaxing in a way. She clenched her fist while leaning over the boat and looking forward to finally arriving. That's when she heard footsteps from behind her. It was her father, she knew others didn't approach her. When he gave her some words she would turn to him and nod her head.

"I'm not anxious or nervous. Not really. I'm just filled with a burning fire. I want to get back at Kirigakure no Sato. I want to succeed and make sure I show them the true power of not only the Uchiha but the Hatake." She stated her Sharingan was now active as she looked at him. "I will make you both proud and after Chuunin Exams and I arrive on top, I wish to become Hokage. The first Uchiha Hokage." She stated with a light smile under her mask.

------------

OOC:

Tag: @

Weapons Used:

Abilities:

Jutsu Used:

Ember has written 177 posts
sailing into the mist [Tokaku]Jan 24, 2022 19:10:04 GMT -5
Hatake Toshizō
Hatake Toshizō Avatar
groupnull
age 37 years old birthday April 15 rank Elite Jounin occupation Shinobi Council | Commander of Root
header
"sailing into the mist".

BLOOD LEGACY

The ocean was calm, but he feared it might be the calm before the storm. In the end, he couldn't shake away this ominous feeling he had whenever heading towards an enemy nation. Moreover, the Hokage wasn't going to the exam, not after everything that happened. They needed their leader back in the village, the Hidden Rain was growing bold, too bold. Toshizou was the highest ranking Shinobi from the Leaf who would be there, so it was going to be his job to ensure - within the limits of the exam's rules - that the leaf shinobi there were safe and sound.

"Do it for your pride and honour as a Shinobi, if revenge and hatred can fuel that fire, use it, but use it with caution, Tokaku. Hatred is powerful, but can also blind you. And a blind shinobi is an easy target." he said in a rather serious tone, his vermillion eyes fixated at the horizon, where eventually the Land of Water was going to be. His gaze reached out to her crimson eyes, the famous and powerful Sharingan, once she revealed she wanted to one day become a Hokage, the first Uchiha Hokage.

"That's a good dream. It's the same dream I have. Well... If I can't make it there, I would be proud if you did. The first Uchiha Hokage would also be the second Hatake Hokage. I don't know if you knew, but..." and he paused, as a bittersweet smile took over his feature. "We are direct descendants of the first Hokage." he revealed, with pride in his expression. The main line of the Hatake clan, up until this day, was still directly related to the first Hokage of the Hidden Leaf, and their sword style still practice, with Toshizou being its current headmaster.

"You can train a dog with food. You can buy a person with money. But there isn't a man alive that can put down the Will of Fire. Some things will never change. The Will of Fire will never be extinguished"

Pre-Chuunin Exams
Toshi's private vessel
[]
[304 words]
sailing into the mist [Tokaku]Jan 27, 2022 11:48:00 GMT -5
Uchiha Tokaku
Uchiha Tokaku Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Tokaku balled her fists a little before shoving her hands into her pockets, unclenching her hands in the process. She understood what he was saying, but still. "During the last Chuunin Exams,during the second portion, we tried to team up with Kirigakure no Sato shinobi. It was a mistake. They betrayed us and killed my last boyfriend Ginyuu and my other teammate. That with the death of mom is why I awakened my Sharingan. When I lost everything…" She said, not taking notice that she never told her father this.

"I find our creed to be true. Kirigakure no Sato and other enemy shinobi are evil. On my honor as a Konohagakure no Sato kunoichi, I won't lose to evil. I wish to prove myself, Otōsama. I want to show I'm just as of a genius as you are. In my own way." Tokaku said proudly. When he told her that becoming Hokage was his dream as well, he would be happy to pass that dream onto her. Then he told her that she was a direct descendant of the Ichidaime Hokage. Hearing this only seemed to fuel her fire and get her pumped up even more.

"Then I hope I stack up to them. I want to succeed them in skill, fly past them. It's comforting to know that I have ancestors who are as great as the founder." Tokaku replied, giving a light smile from under her mask which she wore like her mother.

------------

OOC:

Weapons Used:

Abilities:

Jutsu Used:

sailing into the mist [Tokaku]Jan 27, 2022 12:08:28 GMT -5
Hatake Toshizō
Hatake Toshizō Avatar
groupnull
header
"sailing into the mist".

BLADE

Toshizou was well aware of the curse of hatred that ravaged the clan, and his daughter was no exception to that. He would be lying if it didn't concern him, because many Uchiha ended up betraying the village, but he was hoping that his presence in her life would help guide her towards the right path, the path of the Will of Fire. "I understand. And rage and hatred can be used as fuel, as long as you are careful not to let them burn you with your enemies." he warned her, but not really trying to get her to let go of her rage and frustration.

She was determined, and he could see that. Her words made him smile and his hand reached out to her cheek. Toshizou struck her face with his thumb and nodded to the girl. "Slay evil immediately. Good girl." he said with pride in his tone. And speaking of which, Toshizou took a step back and grabbed something from inside his jacket, a small Tantou. It wasn't a white chakra blade, but still looked like a fine craftsmanship. "Here, take this with you. A traditional weapon of the Hatake clan. It may be small, but it's quite sharp and..." his smile widened a bit. "I'm having the clan forge you a white chakra wakizashi. It should be ready by the time the exams are completed. It is my way, as the head of the Hatake clan, of recognizing you as a full-fledged member of our clan." he said, wondering how the girl would react to his sudden gift.

Pre-Chuunin Exams
Toshi's private vessel
[]
[270 words]
sailing into the mist [Tokaku]Jan 28, 2022 14:46:42 GMT -5
Uchiha Tokaku
Uchiha Tokaku Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Tokaku was just glad to get her feelings out. She thought a lot about what she just said to her father. It was her conclusion to turn her hatred toward those who would do harm to their village. It was going to be used to help fuel her own Will of Fire. Her convictions became more solidified due to learning why she had to slay all evil. If they were going against the village, they were enemies and thus, needed to be slayed. She didn't want to fall into the curse like so many of her brothers and sisters fell into.

Tokaku hoped that she wouldn't end up the same. When her father placed his thumb on her, giving her praise, she was glad her light blush was covered by her mask. She was happy when her father was proud of her, it let her know she wasn't straying from the right path. Then he would give her a gift, a tantō with a wooden hilt and sheath. She would take it, gripping it in her hand tightly and unsheathe it, to find that her family creed was engraved on the blade. She would smile. This showed her that her father felt that she was ready.

Now she had met the rite of passage from both sides of her clan. "Thank you, Otōsama. I hope I live up to your expectations." She said, now holding the tantō with one hand and the sheathe with the other. "Would, would you mind sparring with me for a few?" She would ask him, standing within a few feet from his front.

------------

OOC:

Weapons Used:

Abilities:

Jutsu Used:

sailing into the mist [Tokaku]Jan 29, 2022 15:49:29 GMT -5
Hatake Toshizō
Hatake Toshizō Avatar
groupnull
header
"sailing into the mist".

GENJUTSU

Toshizou nodded to her, the proud smile never leaving his face. "I'm sure you will, Tokaku. I have no doubt." he reiterated with a firm nod. Then, Tokaku asked if he wanted to spar with her for a few, and while he would absolutely love to do it in most occasions, this was not one of them, so he shook his head. "We don't have much time before your exams, so instead of sparring with you, I would rather use this time to train you." he added, quickly explaining what he had in mind, so she would just be frustrated with his refusal.

"For this exam, I believe you should be playing to your strength, and that is Genjutsu. To break your allies out of the traps of the mind, and to snarl your opponents in their own mental prison. For that, I want to test your ability to use and escape from Genjutsu." he explained, lifting his index finger. "And also force your Sharingan to grow used to dealing with such things. Your Kekkei Genkai is one of the strongest in the world. Your eyes are even better than mine." he admitted.

Pre-Chuunin Exams
Genjutsu Training
[]
[200 words]

quick reply

compose a reply