Tough Choices

compose a reply
Tough Choices Jan 26, 2022 12:03:30 GMT -5
Takahashi Kurai
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Takahashi Kurai Avatar
groupnull
age 25 years old birthday Feb. 17 rank Chunin occupation Gate Guard/Junsa/SSM
With the Chunin Exams around the corner, there was an increase in Junsa activity around the area. With the number of foreigners coming to this country, it was up to the Public Safety Division to make sure that things didn't go to shit...especially with some of these visitors being from villages that have a strong animosity towards Kirigakure. Kurai along with his partner Asuka were among the Junsa who were patrolling today.

The duo would find themselves in an area of the town that was currently holding a little festival of sorts most likely in celebration of the Exams. There were various stalls filled with games or food, merchants selling various goods, and of course, the place was filled with people, not all of them native to Mizu no Kuni. It was a bit on the cheery side...not exactly Kurai's style, but at least the food they had is good.

Currently in his hand, Kurai had a bowl of Kirigakure soba which he was slurping away at as he continued to walk...but he made sure to keep his eyes peeled. So far things remained calm which meant that Kurai could focus a little more on the food in his hands, and of course, whatever his partner wanted to talk about.

[REDACTED]#0033 has written 267 posts
Tough Choices Feb 24, 2022 15:07:39 GMT -5
Asuka Waruichi
Asuka Waruichi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 18 years old birthday Febuary 20th rank Special Jounin occupation
JUST REMEMBER , ANYONE CAN MAKE A FIST
It had been a relatively quiet patrol if you could call it that Asuka and Kurai had been assigned to patrol the grounds of Kagamine no Shi in order to make certain that their was no fighting amongst the students it was somewhat bittersweet seeing as it would be one of her last full time shifts as an officer but she’d to actually inform her partner about it. They’d still be seeing each other but not as much as they used too since she was shifting her focus more so towards being a teacher now rather than an officer but she had worried how she was going to take it.

But throughout the day as she prepared to deliver the news she seemed particularly more tense than usual and upset like something was tugging at her heart. Almost as if she didn’t want to tell him or she didn’t want to go the two of them were partners but lately particularly after him visiting her house the two had gotten particularly close and she liked being around him making an effort to meet up with him more they’d even planned to celebrate each others birthdays together since they were so close in proximity to one another.

But that was a matter for when the shift was over for now the two would remain on duty and she’d attempt to make conversation. "So have you caught up on the last chapter yet.” just days earlier Kurai had informed her that she’d finished the book but she was so caught up in her feelings she hadn’t been paying attention.

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

MOVEMENT TECHNIQUES:

Summary:

Asuka would be caught in the mist and would attempt to strike out at the young girl using the [Silken Fist: Counter Blow] but due to her uncertainty of where to strike her follow through was poor and may or may not have hit her target. However in the process of doing so she was caught with a strike to the gut by her opponent and pushed further into the mist for now she awaits her opponents next move.

Heavy Handed Iron Fist:
With the rigorous training that Asuka had to endure as she honed her body to levels of perfection rivaling that of any martial arts master. Asuka's strength has increased 10 fold to the point where she is able to crush stoned within her grasp and breaks bones of lesser individuals with ease. And while she still has much to learn as a chunin. The youth's power is not one to be challenged lightly, as she is able to perform physical feats that would seem inhuman to even most shinobi.

Hijutsu: Kinu no Eikyō:
Asuka is a member of the Waruichi clan and as such has the ability to control a special chakra infused silk that was forged by a special group of silkworms that feed on the corpses of dead clansmen. With it Asuka can craft and shape the silk to her will and uses it in a mostly supplementary fashion to aid her in battle alongside her powerful taijutsu skills.

Iron Burst:
As a sole practitioner of Taijutsu Asuka has relentlessly pushed her body against itself for spectacular results: her strength carries over into her speed, and as such alongside the control she exerts body in spirit and in mind, she is intensely faster than those of a similar level of strength and maneuvering expertly as if the air were an extension of her own body.

A Disciplined Iron Bull:
During Asuka's time as a genin the youth had begun to realize that in order to excel as a shinobi she needed to learn how to properly utilize her chakra. And while she doesn't posses the greatest of reserves the youth has learned through rigorous meditation how to keep her chakra still and calm. As a result she is now able to wield it with a great deal of control and is able to channel only the necessary amounts of chakra into the few jutsu she uses in order to make the most of their abilities whilst still being able to keep up in a fight.

MADE BY MINNIE OF FTS & GANGNAM STYLE
last edit by Asuka Waruichi on Feb 24, 2022 15:07:50 GMT -5
MeepX#7355 has written 1,098 posts
Tough Choices Feb 27, 2022 22:35:57 GMT -5
Takahashi Kurai
Takahashi Kurai Avatar
groupnull
After slurping the last of his food, Kurai would take a few seconds to ponder his reply. "I was able to catch up last night, actually." the man claimed. "At this point, I should be able to see these plot twists coming...but I still can't believe she had feelings for the protagonist's brother." Kurai claimed as he looked forward. "They built it up to the point where she and the protag felt like they were meant for each other this whole time...then they throw a curve like that?" It was subtle, but Kurai appeared to be getting a little worked up over this. "That was...bold of the author. Not sure I agree with how that played out."

"What were your thoughts on it, Asuka?" Kurai claimed as he glanced over at the kunoichi. Although he didn't point it out, the moment Kurai looked over, he could tell that something was a little off about her. With how long the two worked together, it wouldn't be much of a surprise if either of them could pick up in differences in their demeanors and such. Kurai wasn't the type to just ask what was wrong though...especially in public when it could possibly be a private issue. Instead, he wanted to make her feel a little comfortable until they either found somewhere a little less crowded or if she decided to say something. Right now, it would be wise for them to keep most of their focus on patrolling, at least that's what Kurai thinks....Still, he couldn't help but feel a little concerned about her.

Kurai looked around at the various folks out and about. "Heard of that incident that happened with a few genin, think on the first day of the exams?" Kurai asked. "Something about an Iwa and Kiri genin nearly getting into a fight with some from Konoha?" Kurai shook his head a bit. "We're probably going to have a lively exam this year if that's anything to go by." Kurai claimed, a hint of amusement in his tone....though he hopes it won't get too out of hand or it might end up being troublesome for him....

Tough Choices Mar 19, 2022 14:52:11 GMT -5
Asuka Waruichi
Asuka Waruichi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

As the girl continued her walk with her partner he’d remark that he did read up on the last chapter of their book and listened to his assertions about how he felt about the chapter. "It felt almost like a waste I mean I didn’t see it coming but I thought they were meant for each other. Good for the moment but I gotta see how it plays out long term.” she’d remark it was nice to get to talk to him about these kinds of things it was a shame that these moments might not last too much longer with the development of what she potentially planning on doing in the future.

She did her best not to show anything that would concern him and act normal but it was probably plastered all over her face as she turned her head away to face forward after staring at him a bit longer than normal he’d ask another question about whether or not she’d heard about the fight from earlier in the day involving a genin from Kirigakure and Konoha getting into a fight with the other.

"I did…sounds like things are bound to be pretty lively this year, let's just hope we aren’t stuck on security detail my sister is competing and I’m excited to see how far she’s come!” the youth would remark showing a bit more enthusiasm than she had for the majority of the day.

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

MOVEMENT TECHNIQUES:

Summary:

Asuka would be caught in the mist and would attempt to strike out at the young girl using the [Silken Fist: Counter Blow] but due to her uncertainty of where to strike her follow through was poor and may or may not have hit her target. However in the process of doing so she was caught with a strike to the gut by her opponent and pushed further into the mist for now she awaits her opponents next move.

Heavy Handed Iron Fist:
With the rigorous training that Asuka had to endure as she honed her body to levels of perfection rivaling that of any martial arts master. Asuka's strength has increased 10 fold to the point where she is able to crush stoned within her grasp and breaks bones of lesser individuals with ease. And while she still has much to learn as a chunin. The youth's power is not one to be challenged lightly, as she is able to perform physical feats that would seem inhuman to even most shinobi.

Asuka is a member of the Waruichi clan and as such has the ability to control a special chakra infused silk that was forged by a special group of silkworms that feed on the corpses of dead clansmen. With it Asuka can craft and shape the silk to her will and uses it in a mostly supplementary fashion to aid her in battle alongside her powerful taijutsu skills.

Iron Burst:
As a sole practitioner of Taijutsu Asuka has relentlessly pushed her body against itself for spectacular results: her strength carries over into her speed, and as such alongside the control she exerts body in spirit and in mind, she is intensely faster than those of a similar level of strength and maneuvering expertly as if the air were an extension of her own body.

A Disciplined Iron Bull:
During Asuka's time as a genin the youth had begun to realize that in order to excel as a shinobi she needed to learn how to properly utilize her chakra. And while she doesn't posses the greatest of reserves the youth has learned through rigorous meditation how to keep her chakra still and calm. As a result she is now able to wield it with a great deal of control and is able to channel only the necessary amounts of chakra into the few jutsu she uses in order to make the most of their abilities whilst still being able to keep up in a fight.

last edit by Asuka Waruichi on Mar 19, 2022 14:52:22 GMT -5
Tough Choices Mar 21, 2022 12:50:05 GMT -5
Takahashi Kurai
Takahashi Kurai Avatar
groupnull
Kurai wouldn't exactly call that plot twist a waste but he still hasn't formed a proper opinion on it. He did nod in agreement with most of Asuka's points though. Perhaps given enough time, Kurai will be able to form a better view of the relationship between those two characters. "I have to agree with you there. I don't like how stories try to throw unexpected events in. There are much better ways to spice these up and I feel that curves like these are the authors just being lazy...but this author's work has been amazing so far. Seeing how things play out probably is the best call."

Kurai noticed the lingering look as Asuka looked at him, and he looked back in return, not uttering a word. She was worried about something, but Kurai thought it would be best to not bombard her with questions.

As for the exams, things really were starting to pop off and the first round hadn't even started yet. He hadn't said anything to her yet, but Kurai already volunteered to be one of the security for the third round of the exams. He was going to be patrolling the spectator area of the arena since the crowd could easily get just as rowdy as these genin. He would've asked Asuka if she wanted to help him with it, but he already imagined that she'd rather be there just to watch, especially with her sister being one of the people participating.

"Ah, Asuna right?" Kurai vaguely remembers her. "You Waruichi are very driven. I'm sure your sister will do good. I'm also sure you taught her well." Kurai said, gently jabbing the kunoichi's side with his elbow. "You're a great teacher after all." Kurai wanted to lift Asuka's spirits a bit, but his words were true regardless since he was never a fan of sugar-coating things. "Are you concerned about her, Asuka?" Kurai asked, slowly starting to try and get to the bottom of what was bothering her.

Tough Choices Mar 30, 2022 12:20:25 GMT -5
Asuka Waruichi
Asuka Waruichi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

As the two of them would continue to walk Kurai seemed to feel as though Asuka’s strong feelings weren’t entirely justified, but he did agree with her which was nice. Afterwards he’d note the name of her sibling he remembered her, that was nice he was always so attentive, another thing she’d liked about him. He asked her wether or not she was worried and then immediately followed up with a compliment before the girl even had a chance to respond is there anything this man wasn’t good at.

He might not’ve realized it but he was making her blush and as he answered her questions she gave something of an unexpected answer. "I’m sure Asuna will be fine I worked with her extensively throughout the last few months and she’s been honing her craft all her own, I’m not worried in the slightest. I’m more concerned for her opponents she might kill someone if she’s not careful.” the girl would chuckle.

"If I was in the chunin exams all that time ago, I don’t think I would’ve wanted to be on the other end of the battlefield with her.” she’d say rubbing the back of her head turning to look at Kurai perhaps for the first time all day but a quick tinge of nervousness would overcome her and she’d keep her eyes straight. "But…that’s not what’s on my mind if I’m being honest.” she’d let out a sigh. "I wasn’t sure how to tell yout his but…I think I might be moving on from the force in the future, I’ve decided I want to take up being a teacher full time and maybe lead a genin squad of my own.” the girl would state, she was happy about the decision but sad because it meant she wouldn’t get to see her partner as much. "I haven’t told the captain at the station yet…I’m sorry.”

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

MOVEMENT TECHNIQUES:

Summary:

Heavy Handed Iron Fist:

Iron Burst:

A Disciplined Iron Bull:

Tough Choices Mar 30, 2022 13:59:40 GMT -5
Takahashi Kurai
Takahashi Kurai Avatar
groupnull
It didn't seem that Asuka was really worried about Asuna herself in the exams...but rather whoever she'll end up facing. Kurai glanced over at Asuka, his eyebrows raised a bit as the kunoichi said something about her sister potentially killing her opponent. "Yeah, from what I know so far, I probably wouldn't have wanted to face her either back then." Kurai claimed, letting out a light chuckle of his own. He wasn't exactly telling the truth though. Kurai was sort of drawn to strong folks and fighting despite how formal he tends to present himself. Almost like a brute trapped in a gentleman's body.

"But...I think you might be overexaggerating on the "killing" part." Kurai claimed before looking forward again. If there were any Waruichi that Kurai would bet money on killing someone it would be Kiko.... "I'm sure she's just as capable of holding back as you." Kurai added, both referring to their previous spar and some patrols they had previously gone on that were more on the rowdy side. Even with Kurai's sturdy body, he was sure that taking one unrestrained punch from Asuka would be the end of him or at least damn near close. It was something he fully acknowledged and one of the things he respected about her.

But...Asuna did not seem to be what was really worrying Asuka.

Kurai's eyes fell upon Asuka as she started to speak. He looked at her quietly, absorbing every word she had said to him regarding this. Her decision of whether to stay on the force or become a full-time instructor and sensei. It was something she mentioned before...but it seems like she made her choice.

Kurai could see why she was upset, believing that the two will barely have time to hang out and such. Instead of saying a word, Kurai chuckled a bit before facing forward once more. "Asuka...Remember that one novel we read a while back?" Kurai asked, but before saying the title, he subtly darted his eyes from left to right to make sure no one was close enough to hear...since he was still a little embarrassed over the fact that he reads this sort of stuff. "Tōi koibito-tachi." he said before continuing. "At the final chapter, Kazuma finally worked up the nerve to tell Tamaki about how he was going to have to move to another country to pursue his job." Kurai then crossed his arms, reminiscing a bit about the suspense of that moment, all of the build upthat eventually led to that final chapter. It was a good book....but not exactly the point Kurai was trying to get across.

"Kazuma was so worried that he and Tamaki would have break-up after parting ways...But Tamaki did not see it that way. She reassured him that they would still be together no matter what." With that, Kurai lowered his arms and smiled lightly at Asuka. "The point I'm trying to make, is that I support your decision." He then turned to properly face the kunoichi and nodded. "You're still my partner, Asuka, whether you're still on the force or not." Kurai claimed before chuckling lightly. "Only thing I'm worried about is having to handle all of those cheesy law-related one-liners on my own." he ended it off on a joke, raising his eyebrow a bit.

quick reply

compose a reply