---
TAG
NPC
Dai Ri
WORDS
-
-
A
fter Jun's first exercise with Dai Ri in learning about torture and interrogation, she would opt to return to Yukigakure's intimidating prison for another "mission." This particular training session with Dai Ri had a bit more of an intimidating prospect - she would be introduced to torture methods in a more personal setting, learning about their application and how to resist them. The mission posting would make it clear that no lasting damage would be done and it was merely an intellectual and informational exercise, but that didn't mean it would be especially pleasant.

When Jun arrived at the prison, she was led again to one of the interrogation rooms, this time by an attending guard. She was sat in a seat, one similar to where she had questioned Ritsu in her previous mission, and would await Dai Ri.

Soon enough, Dai Ri would come to the door and enter the room, pulling up his own chair to sit alongside her.

"Good morning, Muramatsa. I am glad to have you here again today. Most do not come back after their first lesson," he informed her. "What made you decide to return today?"

Most found the idea of what he was proposing here - a small torture session of their own - very understandably off-putting. Jun must have a specific goal in mind if she decided to return.
ISHY of THQ & ADOXOGRAPHY

has written 436 posts
Torturer's Assistant - P. 2 [C-Rank Mission]Feb 8, 2022 0:58:58 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday December 25th rank Genin occupation
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]王手
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]Checkmate!

[attr="class","skullbody"]The girl had another lesson in mind today this time once again working with Dai Re the head interrogator however this time the manner of subject was less than pleasant last time it was administering torture this time it was enduring it, not exactly the most pleasant of lessons but one that was necessary she was a excited but a tad bit uneasy.
[break] [break]
She’d never been subjected to such lessons before but was eager to learn even if there was something of a cost to the knowledge she was hoping to obtain. When she had arrived and entered inside the tension in the girls amber eyes could be noted. But when asked the question her cold exterior seemed the brighten up a tad. "Knowledge of course, there is never a sacrifice to great for the sake of understanding.” the girl would state. "Even if the methods in which I am to obtain it are rather unsavory.” the youth would reply still very much shaken at the prospect of being tortured.
[break] [break]
"If I am to serve my nation well there are sacrifices I must be willing to make and the life of a shinobi is not for the faint of heart.” the girl would state. "So how shall we begin?”she’d ask looking to the elderly instructor.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]216 WORDS /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:480px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:451px;height:208px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/Cb5OWYI.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#8A2BE2;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:9px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:10px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#BF00FF;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:9px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:8px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Feb 8, 2022 0:59:33 GMT -5
Meep has written 348 posts
Torturer's Assistant - P. 2 [C-Rank Mission]Feb 8, 2022 21:27:03 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
If the world is cold, make it your business to build fires
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age birthday rank occupation
Torturer's Assistant | 2
---
TAG
NPC
Dai Ri
WORDS
-
-
A
ll for the sake of knowledge. This was a bold young girl. She had the makings of a fascinating researcher. Such curiosity was often good for investigators, spies, all of those sorts. Several who had learned under Dai Ri's hand had gone on to play the more shadowy and secretive roles within the nation, so it made sense that she would be compelled to join him once more if she sought such a career.

"I will begin with some information," he informed her. "There will be times in your life as a shinobi where you may be captured. Avoid it as you might, it may happen. Taken for secrets. Secrets are one of the most important things a hidden village has. It is your responsibility as a soldier to retain this information as much as possible."

As he spoke, he opened his cloak and began to remove various tools. There were ones of standard torture, but also simple ones like blindfold, rope, a bamboo tube.

"I will tell you one of my secrets now. There is no one on this earth who can resist torture. What you can do is withstand it. When you are captured, it is your job to attempt to hold out against the torture long enough to be saved. Physical torture is common, but you know what to expect with pain. I will not be injuring you today. I would like to demonstrate some psychological torture for you. Knowing what to expect is half the battle to withstanding psychological torture," he informed her.

Holding up the blindfold, he asked,

"May I put this on? I would like to demonstrate my first example."

has written 436 posts
Torturer's Assistant - P. 2 [C-Rank Mission]Feb 9, 2022 3:25:29 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As they kept going and moved towards the interrogation room Dai Ri would give her more information about what it was that they would be doing explaining that there could be an instance in which she could be captured and if that were to happen she needed to be able to resist torture.
[break] [break]
Physical pain was something that was inevitably felt however psychological torture was something that one cannot be prepared for and that she needed to prepare herself for instances in which it could potentially happen. "Yes Sir.” she’d speak in few words listening to her teacher and nodding along with what he had to say.
[break] [break]
The first thing he would state is if she could put on her blindfold and she immediately thought. "Imagine if my enemies were aware of the power within my eyes or the seal on my body that denotes my relationship to my clan, I should be careful if I find myself in these situations.” she’d think.
[break] [break]
After a moment he’d ask her if he could apply a blindfold with her being reliant on her sight or dojutsu she would nod. "You may sir.” she’d take a deep breath and allow him to begin what he needed to do in order to begin his practice.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]211 WORDS /

[newclass=.skullhover]width:480px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:451px;height:208px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/Cb5OWYI.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#8A2BE2;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:9px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:10px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:9px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:8px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Feb 9, 2022 3:25:50 GMT -5
Torturer's Assistant - P. 2 [C-Rank Mission]Feb 12, 2022 1:19:54 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Torturer's Assistant | 2
---
TAG
NPC
Dai Ri
WORDS
-
-
A
llowing him to put the blindfold on, Jun allowed the lesson to proceed. Dai Ri tied the blindfold around her face, covering her eyes and restricting her vision. Then he had her take a seat in the interrogation room chair and lean back.

"Sensory deprivation is one of the most common components of psychological torture. Depriving us of our ability to perceive our surroundings heightens our stress and makes us paranoid. The greatest weapon against humans is our own mind," he informed her.

Standing, he walked around the room a bit, making slight noises. Scraping, messing with environmental objects.

"Making sound like this, to make you think they may be bringing forth some torture weapon or changing your surroundings, is common," he said.

Then he adjusted something above her head. A small bamboo shoot. When he turned a nozzle, it began to drip, slowly, one drop of cold water on her forehead. The pattern of the water was irregular, so it was impossible to predict when the next would fall.

"This one is a particularly common torture method. Water dripping. With your sight taken, you cannot observe when the next drop will fall, and are left guessing. Because you cannot focus on anything else, it quickly begins to cause mental anguish. It seems like nothing at first. But let's give it a minute..."

He would pause, quietly, for a moment. Allowed the silence to stretch so that the only thing she experienced was the dripping of the water.

has written 436 posts
Torturer's Assistant - P. 2 [C-Rank Mission]Feb 19, 2022 13:24:38 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As the girl allowed the man to place the blindfold on her she would become nervous as she stood up. He’d walk around the room and would hear the sounds of his fingers scraping against the wall as he gave his explanation.
[break] [break]
She'd hear him but her heart would begin to race. "I…understand sir.” as this went on the two of them would continue to speak only for a contraption would be placed onto the top of her head she’d feel a tad nervous as he strapped to her head and began the introduction. "Sir what’re you…”
[break] [break]
A small drip of water atop her head it would be hard for her predict when the water came down. She’d sit for a moment and it wouldn’t bother her but after a moment it began to become a slight pester but she couldn’t move and she couldn’t stop it and worse of all she couldn’t see it. "I understand…”
[break] [break]
For sometime roughly a moment she’d sit still as the water would pelt her in uneven intervals. She wouldn't think much at first but knew that it was only going to get worse and the girl needed to do her best in order to remain steadfast and to not lose her cool but Dai Ri was the head interrogator for a reason and surely this wasn't his only ploy was it? And if it was it just speaks to his mastery.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]242 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Feb 19, 2022 13:25:40 GMT -5
Torturer's Assistant - P. 2 [C-Rank Mission]Feb 19, 2022 16:54:43 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Torturer's Assistant | 2
---
TAG
NPC
Dai Ri
WORDS
-
-
T
rue to his statement, he just gave it a minute. Perhaps an uncomfortably long minute, in fact. Without the ability to see the room around her or any indication from Dai Ri himself, it would be quite difficult for her to count the amount of time that had passed. Had they only just started, or had it already been several minutes? Being blindfolded and having this kind of thing done was meant to make someone question their sense of time like that. The drop of water made it difficult for the mind to count, to perceive time.

Prisoners who had been subjected to this torment for days on end would sometimes say that the feeling of the water drop would begin to feel like a drill being bored through their head after enough time.

Dai Ri would not leave her that long, naturally. He let it go for maybe two minutes before he spoke again.

"It begins to exhaust the mind very quickly, right? The forced fixation on a singular point of sensation," he said. The water continued to drip at off intervals.

"It's better when I speak, because you have something else to focus on, but alone in a quiet room... What do you think you could do to help distract yourself from this kind of torment?" He wanted to see if she could make any decent guesses first, based on the information he'd given.

has written 436 posts
Torturer's Assistant - P. 2 [C-Rank Mission]Feb 20, 2022 2:02:45 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As he continued to speak the girl sat for 2 minutes two very long, rather agonizing minutes the drop of water would continue to drop on her head in intervals she couldn’t figure her only measurement of time coming from what she was feeling in the given situation and moment. And it was making her utterly uncomfortable. Thought shortly after it would be dissipated by the sounds of Dai Ri speaking his voice would catch her off guard had he moved around the room since last they spoke, surely he was more so off to her right than her left correct.
[break] [break]
With her sight gone from her and the water being the center of her focus Jun found herself mentally discombobulated. Thought as he spoke he did ask an interesting question, what would be something else she could focus on. "Perhaps I could focus on a sound something that would override my sense of touch?” she’d think not fully certain if that was the correct answer but due to the stress she was under it was most plausible.
[break] [break]
"Since I can’t see my sense of hearing I’ve noticed has become somewhat more amplified allowing me to divert my attention towards something like my breathing or maybe even the tapping of my foot?” she’d say truly finding herself in a situation where she didn’t exactly have the proper answer.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]228 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
Torturer's Assistant - P. 2 [C-Rank Mission]Feb 26, 2022 13:49:02 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Torturer's Assistant | 2
---
TAG
NPC
Dai Ri
WORDS
-
-
S
he came up with an interesting answer, at the very least. It was not far off from the proper solution, too. Many things in this area were simply common sense, but things that a shinobi never considered. That was the point of this exercise - to make one consider them before it began real. Dai Ri continued to pace around the room, slowly, as he spoke.

"I believe that you've supplied a good guess," he informed her. "Sensation fights sensation. The reason this torture works is because the sensation is so persistent and all-consuming. Utilizing your other senses can be very helpful to diverting your attention and making it more bearable," he explained.

"Focusing on what you can hear can be helpful, though might be worse if it's quiet enough to hear the water spout above. Sometimes humming or talking to yourself is an available option, if they haven't gagged you. Focusing on what you can smell, or other such things... But the strongest of all is the feeling of touch. Physical touch beats physical touch,"
he said.

"When you're restrained, it can be difficult to do, but you can focus on the feeling of your restraints. You can dig your nails into your palm or, as you said, try to tap your foot. Having other physical stimulus is the most direct counter to this kind of repetition torture."

has written 436 posts
Torturer's Assistant - P. 2 [C-Rank Mission]Feb 26, 2022 17:21:02 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As the lesson continued between the two the girl was given some interesting information, being told that sensations cancel out sensations which was what she had surmised about the events in question. "I see…so I should find something else to focus on if given the opportunity.” as they sat as a means of warding off the mental distraction of the situation Jun would propose to ask a question.
[break] [break]
"Sir…if I may permission to speak.” the girl would say as the water would drip down onto her head even thought she was distracted by the conversation the situation was still none the less discomforting she really did wish to be let go, the only way things could’ve been worse would’ve been if she was bound. "How did you come to acquire such a position…sir?” the young girl would ask.
[break] [break]
"What would possess someone to want to become an interrogator…I find the prospect…intriguing.” ever the scholar and philomathic she wanted to know all she could about everyone and everything she had come to like her mentor and all she had to offer and wanted to know more about him, and with her needing a distraction she had wondered if now may have been the best time to ask.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]206 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Feb 26, 2022 17:21:16 GMT -5
Torturer's Assistant - P. 2 [C-Rank Mission]Mar 12, 2022 15:02:34 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Torturer's Assistant | 2
---
TAG
NPC
Dai Ri
WORDS
-
-
W
anting to distract with conversation was not an uncommon desire in this situation. Young students who were experiencing this for the first time were often under strain as they realized the extent of the things that could be inflicted on them in the field. While most capturers would not entertain it, it could be a reasonable method of relief in its own right. Many captives would attempt to form a bond of sympathy with the ones holding them in chains so they could guilt them, forge a connection over time. So he would indulge this conversational thread for now.

"I am not certain most people aspire to such a position," Dai Ri began, contemplative. "I certainly did not enter my career with the idea in mind that I would one day work in these halls. I was a genin like you once. I just found that I happened to be very good at getting information out of people. I was a genjutsu specialist, so keeping people still or frightening them to influence them was already in my skillset," he explained.

"From there it simply developed. I would be sent on missions where information was needed, I would be brought in to help question people we had arrested. When I became a Chuunin I was stationed here and began to get involved in the work. I apprenticed under the previous interrogator. Eventually, I took over the position." He turned off the water spout and finally allowed Jun to be free from dealing with the water droplets.

has written 436 posts
Torturer's Assistant - P. 2 [C-Rank Mission]Mar 15, 2022 13:31:37 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As the girl attempted to distract herself with conversation she listened intently to the words of her instructor how he had mentioned that he hadn’t aspired to take the position and more so how he simply acquired it after properly assessing his own skill as a shinobi. "I see so you assed your skills and as the pieces fell into place, you decided to capitalize on what made use of them in best possible manner.” the girl would say coming to a conclusion based on what she was told.
[break] [break]
It gave the girl a bit to think about for someone like herself who was relatively good at most things but had no particular mastery over one subject. It made her wonder where would someone like herself fit into place? Perhaps it would require time for her to figure all of these things out.
[break] [break]
Shortly there after the girl was released from the bindings of the water torture device her heart was still racing and there was a anxiousness that she felt from being locked in the contraption left to feel so helpless. "Well I can most certainly see how you acquired your position, your knowledge of your subject is rather astute, I am truly grateful to have you as my teacher Dai Ri-sensei.” the girl would say offering a polite bow to her teacher. "Is there more to learn?” the youth would say hoping to perhaps be imparted with a new lesson the situation was jarring for certain but she was always eager to learn sometimes a tad too eager, her body was still shaky but knowledge waits for no one it would seem.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]256 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Mar 15, 2022 13:34:39 GMT -5
Torturer's Assistant - P. 2 [C-Rank Mission]Mar 19, 2022 16:23:12 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Torturer's Assistant | 2
---
TAG
NPC
Dai Ri
WORDS
-
-
T
his had been a demonstration one just one torture mechanism and method. If he were to go into every single one in existence, she could be here for days learning. The important part, in his mind, was showing her the broad strokes, giving her a demonstration of a variety of different methods so that she could prepare the mind. Perhaps if she grew up to want to pursue this role, too, knowing about the different options available would be important to her. She was a clever girl. She could make a good interrogator for the GOKA with the right training.

"There are a few more common methods that I would like to demonstrated," Dai Ri informed her. He wouldn't keep her in them for quite as long as he had the water device, because these ones could be more exhausting to the body.

"This one I would like to show you next is called the stress position," he said. He stood behind her and took her wrists to cuff them together. "Stand in a squat position."

If she followed the instruction, he would then bind her legs so that she could not move from that position.

"This is a method torturers use to cause physical exhaustion. You cannot sleep in this position. Your body aches. Sometimes they'll also raise your arms up slightly to put strain on the shoulders, or add a weight to your back to make the position even heavier. If you would like to learn to be resilient to this method, I suggest training the stress position. Build up the muscles that support it."

has written 436 posts
Torturer's Assistant - P. 2 [C-Rank Mission]Apr 3, 2022 16:29:25 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As the youth would be given an explanation that there was a new method to try her instructor would proceed to move behind her and place the bindings on the girls arms to tie her in place as the process went on he would explain that this was another position known as the stress position. "The stress position sir?” the girl would say as she moved down to the squat position and listened in to what he had to say. Her mind was piqued by the possibilities of what it may have had to offer her.
[break] [break]
Upon doing as she was told he would go on to give her another lecture and would immediately feel a sense of discomfort from where now found herself her mind immediately wondering what she may need to do in order to get herself out of this particular predicament, or at least how to endure it but before she had time to answer she was told by her instructor that the best method would be to train up the muscles.
[break] [break]
"But sir be that as it may, is there more I can do or will the methods I was just informed of not work?” the girl would wonder her back was starting to feel rather discomforted from the strange posture she was now forced to assume.
[break] [break]
"It seems as thought it’d be rather difficult to keep myself occupied even if my natural conditioning manages to stave me off for a but a moment, and I feel a more saavy enemy would choose too keep me entraped for a long period of time by then I’d feel as though I’d need more a mental distraction of some kind?” she postulated. "O-or am I getting too ahead of myself.” the girl was eager clearly but she didn’t want to cut off her instructor if there was still more to be taught.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]289 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Apr 3, 2022 16:30:00 GMT -5
Torturer's Assistant - P. 2 [C-Rank Mission]Jun 19, 2022 20:58:27 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi

Torturer's Assistant | 2
---
TAG
NPC
Dai Ri
WORDS
-
15/15
T
he girl did have a tendency to get a little ahead of herself, but it was not necessarily a bad thing. To have the mind working at all times was a blessing in a way. It meant that she was truly paying attention, processing the information. That was something that demonstrated true learning and a potential to understand - attempting to predict the next step of the lesson or learning to connect two related points to one another.

"You are right to guess that the methods we discussed before are also usable in this situation. Distracting yourself, attempting to focus on other things. However, distraction can be a tricky thing when we're discussing pain-based torture," Dai Ri informed her. "With sensory deprivation, the intention is to disconnect you from your body so much that it drives you made. Pain-based torture works slightly differently. The goal is to overwhelm your senses with agony to break you. You can distract yourself to a certain extent, but eventually the feeling of pain in your legs, the muscles worn in you shoulders, that sensation might become stronger than what you can produce to distract yourself."

That didn't mean those methods weren't useful, of course.

"Still, by combining the practice of distracting yourself with the practice of working your muscles up to resist this kind of physical torture, you can buy yourself plenty of time and resist for much longer than a common shinobi."

With that information dispensed, he would finally release her from her position and allow her to stand again.

"If you have any other questions, let me know. Otherwise, I believe our session is done for the day."

has written 436 posts