Another "room", another "mates" [Asahi/Ikana]

compose a reply
Another "room", another "mates" [Asahi/Ikana]Feb 9, 2022 18:18:04 GMT -5
Wahei
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
age "15" years old birthday "September 28th" rank Chūnin occupation Iryō (Medic); Ne; 'Scientific'
"Another  room,  another  mates".
"I'm not exactly a guy who makes new friends easily".
Tom Petty

Almost - Right Across the Hall.

Wahei was really enjoying that Chunin Exam mainly because he had plenty opportunities to watch new people, but also to get to know new people. He was walking to the hall looking somewhere to have meal, when accidently, he get in the exact same corridor he was when he left his room, but in the other side. - Perhaps I've got too distracted with that ninjas running and shouting about their dreams of becoming leaders. - he said for himself - "You are delaying our meal time, you bastard!" - "Relax, we are going to feel the hollow soon enough!" - "You bet we will! Even though I'd love a juicy blood taste in my mouth right now" - "You know we are veggies', man" - "Speak for yourself, little brat" - he shrugged for the mental freaky voice in his head.

Preparing to turn around, he eventually noticed a door opened close to where he was, where something called his attention. He had the impression of seeing a familiar silhouette, and he was right, actually. What he didn't expect is that two familiar faces where in the same room - Hey! Asahi-san!... - he waved from the door - Coincidently, my room is almost - right across this hall and... - he stopped for a while, looking to his roommate that he happened to know, sort of' - Oh! Hey! It's you! I know you! You two are roommates!? - a rhetorical question - Oh my! What are the chances? - that's makes two of them - I mean - I've told ya, didn't I? We never know who could be our roommates and they could've been closer than we expected. I would never guess though that you two were together at the end of day - and that's the good and old talkative Wahei. - Oh, I'm sorry, I don't remember your name, Kawai-chan? - nicknames, as he read once, was the ace in his sleeves for social interaction. Albeit he was again clueless to the fact that, actually, she never gave her a chance for introduce herself. At least, this time, he wasn't high over mushrooms.

"From the very moment we're thrown into this world, we're fated to bring each other nothing but pain, suffering and misery. I was also blindly obsessed with a trivial and irrational need for vengeance. But I was left behind. Alone. Forgotten. Abandoned. Forsaken. But now, the fog has been truly lifted. One can never run from its ghosts. And that’s exactly all that I am. A lost memory. An undying shadow, in this world of light. From now on, I’ll have to live up to this semi-charmed kind of life. Regardless of this phantom pain. This is my fate. This is my Destiny. It’s not the light which will guide us through the darkness, but the darkness that shall guide us through the light. Never forget. Always remember."

Ra-Ri-Ru-Re-Ro (らりるれろ).

Records ! ! !
- Excelling his social skills -
[ |  ]
[359 Words]
last edit by Wahei on Apr 28, 2022 9:12:14 GMT -5
MissingNo has written 491 posts
Another "room", another "mates" [Asahi/Ikana]Feb 18, 2022 8:01:36 GMT -5
Miyamoto Ikana
Miyamoto Ikana Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday January 7th, -2 SD rank Chuunin occupation Operations Team 2
Ikana was one of those people that never wanted to miss meal time. Having grown in some of the more impoverished background of a Kirigakure orphanage, food was precious, especially in the time of famine and poverty where it was harder to come by. It was not uncommon to find thievery, or at times violence between orphans that took from the weak, cunning, and other such things. So whenever Ikana had the chance to eat, she usually did. She ate it without complaint. She ate it humbly. Not that anyone would know. Because to talk about hardships like that, that was a weakness. It was better to deny all such things. 

Tell them that she always had plenty to eat. Tell them that she felt loved, and cherished by her village. Tell people around her that she had a thriving, and fair education. Tell her that Kirigakure was the best. In reality, Ikana wouldn't know. For Kiri was all she had ever known. She remembered how children of clans, in their elitist mentality would seem to shine so far above the others. Those that had Shinobi parents and people to guide them were better off. Ikana didn't think much when she first met Asahi persay. She didn't say too much. She greeted him, and it might have went a little something like this.

"My name is Kyobona Ikana. I won't be much bother, so please take care of me Nii-San." She called out cutely, and he'd notice she came with little other than a few scrolls, a blade, and the clothes along her back. She was short, and thin, for a youngster. When walking down, and confronted by Wahei, called "Kawaii-Chan", she had to doubletake, and actually look behind herself, wondering if he was talking about someone else. She ultimately slowly turns back to look at Asahi, and then Wahei, realizing they were maybe teammates, or from the same village. 

"Oh umm...my name's Ikana. Nii-San." She responds with a small shy wave of her hand. Though, she seems to lightly look at the floor, her right foot shuffling back and forth along the ground, its tip tapping as she seemed to seem almost surrounded, or outnumbered now. "I hope there's good food for breakfast." She announces, a charming bright grin on her face. When in reality, she wasn't sure if she cared about what the food was. She was hungry. 
dandead10 has written 642 posts
Another "room", another "mates" [Asahi/Ikana]Feb 19, 2022 13:12:32 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
age 17 years old birthday 6/13 rank Genin occupation Team 1 Member
SOMEDAY WE WILL CONNECT THE DOTS AND UNVEIL THE WORLD
The morning had settled in, and the dorm room Asahi was assigned to was pretty quiet for the most part. He and Ikana had introduced themselves to each other, and Asahi was a little taken back that she was so young. She was probably one of the youngest in the exams from the group Asahi had observed when they first arrived. She also seemed rather shy, but Asahi had been out and about so much that they hadn't really had much time to talk.

That, and when Asahi was in the room, he was usually studying what notes and books he brought and tinkering with his mask. When he was focused in those things, he was in his own world. That was where he found himself this morning, sitting crisscross on his bed and doing routine maintenance on his mask while brainstorming ways to improve it.

A familiar voice at the door would break the silence between him and Ikana. As Wahei addressed them both, Asahi looked from Wahei to Ikana, as she looked between them probably asking the same thing without words. Did they know each other? And did this girl refer to everyone as Nii-san?

The green haired boy put the mask to the side. "Good morning Wahei," Asahi greeted him with a his regular small smile. Asahi could feel Ikana's shyness coming through physically even while he looked at Wahei. But when she announced her hope for breakfast she put on a grin, and as if his stomach heard her, Asahi's stomach growled loudly.

Now that he thought about it, he hadn't eaten in a while. "It's the Chuunin exams, so they'd have to give us something good right? Keep us in top shape for whatever is ahead?" Asahi asked rhetorically. "You two want to grab some breakfast?" Asahi proposed. This would be a good chance to get to know Ikana a little better if she agreed.

Notes: 
Tag: 

MADE BY MINNIE OF FTS & GS
Milu has written 379 posts
Another "room", another "mates" [Asahi/Ikana]Feb 19, 2022 18:38:58 GMT -5
Wahei
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
age "15" years old birthday "September 28th" rank Chūnin occupation Iryō (Medic); Ne; 'Scientific'
"another room, another mates".
"Youth has no age.” - Pablo Picasso.

Impressions.

He nodded back to Asahi when he replied his compliment, but Wahei was genuinely enchanted by Ikana. She seemed to be pretty nice, specially for looking so young and actually being there with all other contenders. - It's an absolutely pleasure to meet you, Ikana-chan, and finally get to know your name! - he crossed his hands at the back of his back, bending his body to the right slightly. - "Look at you, all familiar with girls already!" - "Shut up. Let's follow the girls suggestion and get some food!" - ignoring his personas, Wahei felt his stomach growling. - Well, I could have some meal and breakfast, should you not mind joining us of course - a detail, he didn't even asked if Asahi would join him to begin with, but assumed that looking at him with a puppy thrilling face.

Wahei had felt something going on about Ikana since the moment they had knew each other, and he was curious about her. And based in his experience with his roommate, he was having great expectations with everyone else - even though he was still the stupid kid who attacked a jonin. - So, what you guys thinking about the CE' so far. Are you excited to what is about to come? - he asked while they were getting ready to go - again, no choice.

"From the very moment we're thrown into this world, we're fated to bring each other nothing but pain, suffering and misery. I was also blindly obsessed with a trivial and irrational need for vengeance. But I was left behind. Alone. Forgotten. Abandoned. Forsaken. But now, the fog has been truly lifted. One can never run from its ghosts. And that’s exactly all that I am. A lost memory. An undying shadow, in this world of light. From now on, I’ll have to live up to this semi-charmed kind of life. Regardless of this phantom pain. This is my fate. This is my Destiny. It’s not the light which will guide us through the darkness, but the darkness that shall guide us through the light. Never forget. Always remember."

Ra-Ri-Ru-Re-Ro (らりるれろ).

Records ! ! !
[ |  ]
[FYI: ]
[225 Words]
last edit by Wahei on Apr 28, 2022 9:12:42 GMT -5
Another "room", another "mates" [Asahi/Ikana]Feb 26, 2022 13:01:07 GMT -5
Miyamoto Ikana
Miyamoto Ikana Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday January 7th, -2 SD rank Chuunin occupation Operations Team 2
Ikana when confronted with the figures before her, she proceeded to simply nod her head in agreement for food. She was young, yes, but that didn't mean much in the ninja world she figured. Maybe a measure of potential, or talent in some instances, but she was a soldier for her village. A part of it. When they made their way to the cafeteria, Ikana found Mizumen. A noodle dish with grey noodles that seemed to linger in a transparent broth that looked like water. Hence the name. Literally water noodles. Though in reality it was a refreshing and somewhat vinegary broth, with cucumber, and radish, and hardboiled egg. If it had egg and meat, it might be considered a rich person's food, and well enjoyed in summertime heat.

Ikana took her food, and when snapping her chopsticks, she seemed silent for a moment, looking between them. She didn't seem very boisterous, or lively, or immature as many children were. She seemed to look at the bowl of noodles before her like it was a treasure, and with a bit of mustard, it was perfect. "Not really." She responds, mixing her bowl of noodles together, before slowly taking a small spoonful of broth. 

"I'm...not really here for the fun of it I guess. More so...I need to be here. And I'm worried I'm not prepared. You know?..." She slowly sips her broth, and it seemed as if she savored it as if it might be her last meal, something Ikana learned form her poverished background. Either to eat rapidly like a dog, or to eat so slow, that it would last you the whole day. "I...never had a sensei. And I never really had a team really. So, I had to train everything myself. From libraries. From watching from afar."

"I need to become a Chunin so I can work comfortably and make better money. Learn more jutsu that I'm restricted from. It would help a lot..." She seemed lost to herself for a few moments, before then snapping back up with a bright smile. "Not that things are bad as it is or anything. I'm glad to welcome you all to my village, and hope you enjoy it. We're a strong, and hardy people, and we understand how to survive through everything. That's what the people of Kirigakure are. Survivors." Predators. Survivors. Killers.

Ikana...was a cockroach.
last edit by Miyamoto Ikana on Feb 26, 2022 13:03:16 GMT -5
Another "room", another "mates" [Asahi/Ikana]Mar 2, 2022 18:15:23 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
They all agreed on food, and once there, Asahi got himself some Cha Soba with salmon. He cracked his chopsticks and mixed up the green tea soba noodles, salmon strips, and seaweed flakes as he listened to Ikana. Her answer initially surprised him, but he came to understand it as she went on. Asahi even related to her feelings in a way, minus the worry she had shared.

He watched the young girl snap back up to them with a smile and welcome them. That was something he hadn't received from a Kirigakure genin yet. A warm welcome. And to be honest, he hadn't expected it. A look of surprise was on Asahi's face for a moment. "I get that. I wouldn't say excited is the word I would use either," Asahi admitted after finishing a bite.

"But I need to, too. Becoming chuunin offers a lot of freedom. I want to see more of the world and becoming chuunin allows that. And I need that freedom, to become stronger," the boy's last word was delivered with a mix of emotion. Fear, anger, excitement, and he momentarily spaced out like Ikana had just done. To defeat the thing that had it's grip around his neck, he had to.

He snapped back to and said, "Just because you didn't learn from a sensei doesn't mean you're less prepared. I never had a sensei and until recently, hadn't even had a complete team. Talk about the short end of the stick! But I've gotten through a similar way. Libraries, and the hospital were my go to training spots." Asahi continued with a nod. He offered the young girl a warm smile, a real smile, probably for the first time since they met.

Before Wahei bringing them together for a meal, the two roommates hadn't talked much, partially because Asahi had been preoccupied in his own world. But he was glad his friend had.

"What I've found is, you have to find momentary sensei's when you're in a situation like us. Don't think of it as a limitation or hinderance. We have the freedom to choose who and where we want to learn from. For example, I've learned a lot from Wahei here" Asahi said encouragingly and with a look and smile to Wahei.

He took another slurp of noodles, giving Wahei or her a chance to talk.

When he could he would add, "Plus, if you got sent here, then someone must think you're ready, or at least pretty close to being ready, right?" with a shrug and keeping that friendly smile.

Notes: 

Tag: 

Another "room", another "mates" [Asahi/Ikana]Mar 4, 2022 15:12:12 GMT -5
Wahei
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
"You can only understand people if you feel them in yourself.” – John Steinbeck.

Feelings.

Both Ikana and Asahi had a different perspective from the exam. I mean, Wahei knew people could die during the outgoing of it, but he'd never take that part so seriously entrusting that any village would let their future generations get killed. He associated that as isolated incidents or extremely reckless attitude from the part of the attendants. Again, Wahei was quite naive for the shinobi world cruelty reality.

- Oh, Sorry... I mean no pressure, mates. - he said politely, regretting have touched that button - I mean - I already knew Asahi-san as a friend but also in duty so I know that he is plenty capable of skyrocketing in the exams - he smiled for the green-haired boy - but I can feel in my bones that you too are pretty awesome and a formidable ninja, Ikana-chan. I'd love to team up with you should we have the chance - honesty was one of the strongest virtues of Wahei, paired with his faith in people - Who knows, right? - I mean - fate have put us together once... - he joked about the odds again, but sincerely hoping to get the chance of having Ikana and even Asahi with him in the next rounds.

Wahei remained in silent to listen to what they had to say. His expression went to sad when the girl told about his solely advance during the shinobi life. - Wow! - he reacted, a blast of mixed feelings stroke his heart, one of proud but other of completely empathy, that she'd be able to see in his right green eye. She was so young, but in her tone Wahei could somehow feel that she had been through a lot.

Things went slightly worse when Asahi admitted that he was quite familiar to those feelings. Wahei couldn't hold his emotions - even though he has had quite a lot himself too - and his eyes watered. - I'm so sorry you guys have been through this, and that you see things like that... this will of chain breaking is extremely heavy - he rubbed his eyes, sobbing slightly - I mean - I've never seen the exam as a pursuit for power, but to growth and a beginning for my medical life. - he admitted - Your statements proofs me that I'm still far away of my wish of bringing peace to this world, and while my will relays in future, there are a lot of suffering right now that I've not been able to assist - he clenched his fists, frustrated - But I promise you all, I will never give up in finding a way to repair the flaws and injustices of this so called 'ninja system' - he opened his hands now, laying it to their shoulders - And if there's something I can do to help you breaking those chains, just let me know. I promise you! - his watered eyes now shined in strong determination. Despite of being clearly naive, Wahei was genuinely honest and committed to help others. And it was quite contagious in some ways - "Easy to say, kid. But you still keep repressing me, even though you know how much you need my help. Sooner or later, even you have to deal with your wrath".

Wahei was touched by what they have said. And despite initially he had also suffered because of plenty things of life, mainly his peculiar 'creation' and how he end up going to the leaf, loosing his adoptive mother and first teammates and sensei, he had also find joy in Team 3, his development as a medical shinobi, and the legacy of Natsuo entrusted to him. That's the feeling he wanted to spread throughout the world using his medicine. But he was yet to green to work things out on how to do it.

Ra-Ri-Ru-Re-Ro (らりるれろ).

Records ! ! !
[ |  ]
[646 Words]
last edit by Wahei on Apr 28, 2022 9:13:07 GMT -5
Another "room", another "mates" [Asahi/Ikana]Apr 18, 2022 3:29:13 GMT -5
Miyamoto Ikana
Miyamoto Ikana Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
It seemed like you learned more about people every day. "I spend time in the library as well. And I also work in the morgue of a hospital." She did more clerical work. Stocking, delivering what was needed, and handing whatever tools might be needed in a flash within an operating room. It was a surreal experience, to be surrounded by death, but she always had been around that anyway. She had expected to see that ever since she entered the line of work. She remembered as a child, when she had killed her first bird. How she felt squeamish back then, but how natural it was, to pluck its feathers and eat it. Death was a natural thing. Something she ought to get numb to.

She remembered seeing dead possums, or rats, from the rain. "I...don't have anyone actually." She spoke truthfully, with a small sweatdrop. Dismissively waving her hand aside at that notion. Though, she listened on to what Wahei had to say, about his idealisms, and she had to find. She was surprised. She was thinking as the youngest, she would be the most naive one, but Wahei's dreams sounded somewhat like a fantasy. To fix injustices and the evils of the system. It sounded absurd to her. Not that she'd say such out loud. After all, she wasn't here to be rude.

"Say...you run into an evil that is too powerful to destroy by normal means. Do you let that evil crush and destroy you? Or do you adopt an even greater evil to destroy the former?" The evil paradox they called it. How could one claim to fight for justice and goodness as a paragon of virtue if they were faced with such a conundrum? Ikana was curious on Wahei's answer, because she was somewhat curious on if Wahei had ever considered it himself in that regard. Just food for thought she supposed. Besides, Ikana never found interest in fighting any system as opposed to meekly being part of it. It wasn't her place to think. That was what the philosophers were for. 

last edit by Miyamoto Ikana on Apr 18, 2022 3:30:12 GMT -5
Another "room", another "mates" [Asahi/Ikana]Apr 25, 2022 16:42:10 GMT -5
Ōorigami Asahi
Ōorigami Asahi Avatar
groupnull
Wahei's explosion of emotion surprised Asahi and he wasn't quite sure how to handle it. Bringing peace to the world? And then he made a promise that he probably couldn't keep...~Where is all that coming from?~ Asahi asked in his head as he continued to eat his meal, and do his best not to show his confusion.

He simply nodded at Wahei's promise. Ikana moved them on with a question, one that Asahi found interesting and ironic. His eyebrow raised as he pondered his own answer.

Funny enough, her question was applicable to his life situation, or at least how he saw it. Asahi didn't take it on as a moral question, but Heiou was something he saw as truly evil. And so he could ponder an answer under that context.

However, he didn't have answer. He couldn't become more "evil" than the demon that held him by the throat, but he couldn't let it crush and destroy him. Although it was waning, he still had some fight in him. Some self preservation...Asahi snapped up from the thoughts the young girl's question had brought on.

But he didn't answer. He simply said, "That's a good question..." Ikana's attention showed she was interested in Wahei's answer, especially after his outburst, and Asahi was too. His head turned to Wahei, and Asahi's golden eyes looked to his friend for a response.

Notes: 

Tag: 

Another "room", another "mates" [Asahi/Ikana]Apr 28, 2022 9:55:27 GMT -5
Wahei
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
Somewhere in the world there is an epigram for every dilemma.
Hendrik Willem Van Loon

Dilemma.

Wahei had find himself in a very clarity way. Perhaps his attitude were a little too much for the moment but that was who he was. And he couldn't stand the idea of people having hard time and he not doing what he could to help them.

Asahi listened to him and Ikana replied him back of a somewhat dilemma. Her words was quite confusing for Wahei, though, but the boy tried his best to give her a proper answer. - I'm not sure if I really get you point, but no matter what happen I'll try my best to protect people from being harmed. - he said in a serious but thoughtful tone, sincerely trying to answer Ikana.

- I'm not naive at the point of ignoring the ninja system as a big part of the problem. Part of our duty is to blindly accomplish missions without asking questions. The system stands as an institutional peak of our self preservation, motioned by hatred of its individuals. - he said - For plenty years people were broken and harshly affected by this without even knowing that they are the ones feeding it in a snow ball effect. Unfortunately, sometimes is too late and even me need to play part of the cause and eliminate, as long as I try my best to not do so. - he admitted with quite sorrow tone - I might have to choose evil to fight evil in worst case scenarios, but when you start a moral debate of right from wrong, good and evil, us and them, until eventually you lost track of what matters most and will end up pumping the cycle again thinking that you are in a hero versus villain situation. And humans are emotionally fragile. The answer is not in the emotion we feel, but in our spiritual bond with others. Meaning that while we relay in our emotions to try to base our sense of justice and repairments, we will keep building walls instead of building bridges. - he concluded, rolling his eyes in a thoughtful way. It seems that it was the first time he was thinking about it was pretty hard for him to put those words in line and in a way that made sense - at least for him. 

- So I don't see myself as someone special and I'm pretty sure I'll probably die in the way trying to fix thinks. But as long as can avoid harming or killing other and finding a proper solution, this will be the best! And if I convice people to follow me, and them they convince others and so on, eventually we will get to the borders and beyond! - he cracked a smile - The point is, I'm really ok on dying over such circumstances, like someone who choose peace over hatred. - his tone now was confident - As far as I can see, is a matter of doing since you put your emotions a side and prevent from harming others - and that's something he was really good at.

He'd though look to Asahi and Ikana hoping that all the talking lead at the point he wanted to. Perhaps he should have choose a practical perspective, sharing his experiences during the Powder Brothers turnabout, but since he was got by surprise that was the best answer for now.

Eventually, Wahei remembered he'd still have to prepare for the next phases. Wahei would finish the meal and conversation with them both and say proper goodbye. - I already have Asahi-san as a friend. But I think it was fate who made me bump at you, Ikana-san. Who knows what the future holds for the three of us. Right!? - he cracked a smiled, bent for them and left waving. Albeit he hadn't a clue what was really to come.

Ra-Ri-Ru-Re-Ro (らりるれろ).

Records ! ! !
[ |  ]
[645 Words]
last edit by Wahei on May 7, 2022 17:32:00 GMT -5

quick reply

compose a reply