From Allies to Friends [Shigure/Open]

compose a reply
From Allies to Friends [Shigure/Open]Feb 24, 2022 13:43:47 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
the price of freedom is steep
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"from allies to friends".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

WEIGHT AND RESPONSIBILITY

After speaking, he paused to drink a bit of his water. It was a cold day, but they still need to keep themselves hydrated. Koume had accepted his suggestion for both food and beverage and that made him feel happy. Shigure was a food enthusiast and he loved when people were willing to try out new things. He was one of the least picky eaters ever, and he would eat pretty much everything, and was always willing to try out new dishes and different cuisines, there was some real passion there. Maybe, if he wasn't a shinobi, he would've been a chef or something like that, he even still considered having a small restaurant after retiring from his duties as Shinobi and as the future head of his clan.

With soft words, Koume told him he should do what makes him happy as they never know when they will die. To live without regrets. Shigure's smile remained on his face, even if his eyes got a hint of sadness, but just a small one. Still, seemed like she noticed what happened and she immediately gazed away and apologise before taking a sip of her water. The Hyuuga's smile widened and he shook his head. "Don't apologise. I'm okay, I promise. And I agree with what you said, absolutely. However... Well, the price of freedom is steep, and there are things I must do before I can achieve my own freedom. My clan is a bit too traditional and strict, and I'm held to a very high standard as the heir." he explained, revealing his position to her so she could understand better what he meant.

There was not a single trace of arrogance in his tone. In fact, when he mentioned he was the heir, there was almost a weight to it. He embraced his position, yes, but it caused him a lot of stress as well, even though he could now cope better with the burden of his responsibilities than before. With that being said though, he knew she was feeling a bit guilty, so he chuckled lightly. "But hey, don't worry about it! I'm good!" he reassured her before asking about her interests, bringing back the sparkle in her eyes, and the pretty smile she had. Koume threw back the question at him, and he nodded. "What do you like to do outside of work? Your hobbies, what brings you joy and stuff." he asked.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Pre-Chuunin Exams
Soba Restaurant
[@yamo]
[411 words]
Ren has written 1,690 posts
From Allies to Friends [Shigure/Open]Feb 28, 2022 17:34:16 GMT -5
Deleted
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]
[attr="class","game"]

for @tagsomeonehere
notes here
[attr="class","kikan"]

She listened to the Hyūga’s words as she looked off to the side, mostly avoiding eye contact with the guy because regardless of Shigure telling her not to apologize for what she had said, there was still a sense of "joy-kill” that lingered in the girl’s mind. She couldn’t help but feel as if she killed the good mood, but she had always struggled with over complicating her feelings. Fortunately however, Shigure’s genuineness gave her some form of reassurance.

The price of freedom is steep…

Why is that the case? Koume sighed as she looked up towards Shigure and would give him a nod as she spoke. "Right.” She didn’t know what it was like to be a part of a clan, nor did she know what it was like to be the heir to a clan as respected as the Hyūga. The two of them were similar in a way, especially when it comes to their personalities. However, their backgrounds couldn’t be any more different. This only made the girl wonder even more about the guy’s story.

Nevertheless, Shigure wouldn’t hesitate to turn the tables on Koume and start asking about her hobbies and things of that nature as well, and honestly this made the girl happy - she was an open book after all, she didn’t care much about sharing things about herself. Leaning forward the girl would rest her hands gently on her cheek as she gazed towards the sky. "Hmm.” She pondered on her response, and once she figured out how she wanted to answer, her gaze fell back onto the boy ahead of her. "I enjoy spending time with my friends! Like a lot of time..so much that..they’re probably glad we’re not together right now, heh.” She said with a soft laugh, though she wasn’t sure if that was the case or not.

"What else, what else..” The girl mumbled. "I enjoy gardening, reading comics, and painting..though I’m not very good. I also love trying new things - like this place, and I like meeting new people, like you.” She could’ve probably kept going for hours, though these were the main things that kept her going day to day. She could only be her true and brightest self when she was with others, since she’s been fairly alone since birth.

I also like talking to Rokuuu!

Whatever. You didn’t say it out loud, so it doesn’t count.

Oh come on..

She spoke jokingly to her bijuu.

ℳ𝒾𝓏𝑜.☽[newclass=.joker]width: 360px; height: 140px; padding: 20px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); -moz-transition: 3s all; -webkit-transition: 3s all; -o-transition: 3s all; transition: 1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.ig:hover .joker]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4); -moz-transition: 3s all; -webkit-transition: 3s all; -o-transition: 3s all; transition: 1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.game]letter-spacing: 2px; text-align:center; line-height: 9px; margin-top:10px;opacity:0;font:bold 10px muli; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; -webkit-transition-duration:.3s;transition-delay: .3s;transition-duration:.3s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass][newclass=.game a]letter-spacing: 2px; font:bold 10px muli; font-style: italic; color: #ffffff;[/newclass][newclass=.ig:hover .game]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;transition-delay: .3s; -webkit-transition-duration:.3s;transition-duration:.3s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass][newclass=.ninety]width:400px;height:180px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/9d8i188.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kikan]width: 65px; height: 65px; border: 1px solid #e3e3e3; transform: rotate(45deg); z-index: 2; margin-top: -27px; margin-bottom: -39px; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.ig:hover .kikan]filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); transition: 0.6s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][googlefont=Roboto][googlefont=Open+Sans]
last edit by Deleted on Feb 28, 2022 17:34:50 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
From Allies to Friends [Shigure/Open]Feb 28, 2022 18:03:36 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

FOOD IS HERE

Koume seemed happy to talk about her hobbies, and he was definitely interested in getting to know her better, she was such a wonderful person to be around, her positive energy was intoxicating, and was capable of lifting the mood even if they brushed pass some tense subjects. Shigure's eyes were glued to the girl and he was paying attention to every word she said, and when the first thing she said was that she liked to spend time with her friends, his smile widened from ear to ear. Shigure was quite the extrovert, and highly sociable, so he bonded well with likeminded people. "I love that too! So much that I used my Byakugan to watch people playing when I was a kid, because I wasn't allowed outside of my clan's complex!" he admitted, chuckling lightly.

Well, that statement could be interpreted as something bad, he was indeed quite the caged bird until he was of academy age and finally allowed outside of the Hyuuga District, but the way he said it carried no negative emotions; he was actually happy he was able to at least watch people living their lives, other kids playing around and having a good time, it was the only way he had to kind of bond with the world outside of his family compound. "Still, I doubt your friends would think that, you are a joy to be around, Koume-chan! For reals!" he added with a firm nod.

Koume continued to say she liked comic books, gardening, and painting, and that was really cool, even if she said she wasn't good at it. "Practice makes perfect, ya know? That's how I learned how to cook, and now I'm pretty good!" he said, giving her an enthusiastic thumbs-up. Shigure loved to cook, try new foods, and make food for people he cared about. It was rare for him to go a training session without bento boxes prepared for everyone participating. The girl also said she liked trying new things and Shigure nodded as he shared that passion, and when she went on to say she liked meeting new people like him, it made him blush a bit. The young man chuckled a bit. "I'm happy you say that, and I feel the same. I'm glad we met." he admitted. "Making friends and protecting those bonds... Is something I truly value." he added.

Shortly after he said that, the waiter arrived with their food and drink, placing it in front of them. The smell of the food was incredible, and Shigure's eyes sparkled with excitement when he saw it. "Smells amazing!" he said, and the waiter bowed in response before walking away from their table. The Hyuuga was eager to devour that and he quickly clapped his hands together and closed his eyes. "Itadakimasu!" he exclaimed just before grabbing the chopsticks and separating them. With the first slurp of the soba, he hummed in bliss. "Delicious!!" he said automatically, and upon noticing that, he blushed heavily and gazed away, scratching the back of his head. "S-sorry... I got carried away!" he stuttered.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Pre-Chuunin Exams
Soba Restaurant
[@yamo]
[520 words]
From Allies to Friends [Shigure/Open]Apr 29, 2022 15:14:51 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]
[attr="class","game"]

for @tagsomeonehere
notes here
[attr="class","kikan"]

Koume didn’t think much about what had said in regards to using his byakugan to watch and observe the other kids enjoying their lives, in fact she thought it was a bit cute albeit kinda sad in a way. Though she didn’t have much growing up, one thing she did have were fellow orphans to keep her company - so the girl never truly felt completely left out, but that didn't change the fact that she still felt alone. Besides, not all of the children in the orphanage were nice enough to give her their time or let her take part in their activities, and not all of them cared for her. So there were times where she would find herself watching as well.

The girl smiled and shrugged her shoulders.

"You’re right, I suppose. Maybe I’m just overthinking it.” She giggled, pulling her jacket tighter around her figure to keep herself warm as the sharp brisk winds blew through the area. Ichi was her best friend, why did she always assume the worst when it came to him? Maybe she cared for him too much, or maybe her feelings got in the way of her thinking logically. The girl sighed gently, bright green hues watching the glass of water that day to the left of her. She wanted to take a sip but was far too cold to do so.

As for her hobbies, Koume was aware that if she kept practicing that she would eventually get better, but.. "I just never have enough time to really focus on one particular thing, ya’know.” She explained with a quick shrug. It didn’t matter much to her, as long as she could use it to relax then it was fine. On the other hand however the more Shigure talked about his ability to cook, the more inclined Koume was to want to try it.

Before she could ask however, she would see the server returning to their table with food and drinks in hand. Maybe she could ask later, but for now they should just enjoy their food. "Thank you!” She said with a slight bow. "It looks amazing as well!” The girl added on. Once the waiter dismissed himself, Koume would grab her chopsticks and would press her hands together. "Itadakimasu.” She followed suit before taking her first bite.

The flavor was definitely there, plus the heat from the bowl was the perfect counter to the harsh coldness that the two sat in. Koume would watch as Shigure took his first bite as well, his reaction being genuine, which was something she loved. She laughed for a moment before giving him a smile and reassuring that it was alright.

"Don’t worry. I was thinking the same thing!”

The girl explained before taking another bite. Though now her focus was on the special drink that the two had ordered, it was more intriguing than the soba that was for sure.

ℳ𝒾𝓏𝑜.☽[newclass=.joker]width: 360px; height: 140px; padding: 20px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); -moz-transition: 3s all; -webkit-transition: 3s all; -o-transition: 3s all; transition: 1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.ig:hover .joker]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4); -moz-transition: 3s all; -webkit-transition: 3s all; -o-transition: 3s all; transition: 1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.game]letter-spacing: 2px; text-align:center; line-height: 9px; margin-top:10px;opacity:0;font:bold 10px muli; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; -webkit-transition-duration:.3s;transition-delay: .3s;transition-duration:.3s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass][newclass=.game a]letter-spacing: 2px; font:bold 10px muli; font-style: italic; color: #ffffff;[/newclass][newclass=.ig:hover .game]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;transition-delay: .3s; -webkit-transition-duration:.3s;transition-duration:.3s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass][newclass=.ninety]width:400px;height:180px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/9d8i188.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kikan]width: 65px; height: 65px; border: 1px solid #e3e3e3; transform: rotate(45deg); z-index: 2; margin-top: -27px; margin-bottom: -39px; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.ig:hover .kikan]filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); transition: 0.6s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][googlefont=Roboto][googlefont=Open+Sans]
last edit by Deleted on Apr 29, 2022 15:15:33 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
From Allies to Friends [Shigure/Open]May 3, 2022 15:34:26 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header

SIMPLE PLEASURES

He nodded when she suggested that she might be overthinking it, but he didn't linger on that subject. Koume seemed to feel cold and pulled her jacket tighter when the wind breeze passed by them. Shigure smiled at that, it was cute. He didn't mind the cold much, as a matter of fact he preferred cold weather, but the Nohara no Kuni and Hi no Kuni were far warmer than Mizu no Kuni, so it was natural that some people would not feel as comfortable with the chilling breeze of their winter months. The girl admitted she didn't have a lot of time for her hobbies and he could definitely relate to that. "It is a struggle to be able to find some time, but I guess I just like cooking too much, so I just make time for it I guess." he shrugged, chuckling lightly when he thought back at the many times in which people berated him for wasting time on such an useless endeavour.

Shortly after that exchange of words, their food finally arrived, and Shigure could barely contain his excitement. The delicious smell of the cooked ingredients and the broth were almost inebriating and his eyes were glowing. The warm food would also help them - especially Koume - to warm up, so it was the perfect meal for them right now. The embarrassment for his spontaneous reaction was short lived for the girl didn't seem bothered or annoyed by that. It was relieving to be able to just be himself without worrying too much, and he was extremely grateful for that.

He didn't expect to have such a good time with the girl, and he was honestly and positively surprised. "I'm a foodie, I have to admit! Hahaha. But I guess it's only natural. I guess my passion for cooking stems from my passion for food." he said in a quite earnest tone. Shigure was a fast eater, and in a matter of a few minutes he would've already devoured more than half of his food. The expression of joy crossed his face many times during the meal; he was delighted.

"The drink is pretty good too, eh?" he asked, winking at the girl, happy that his suggestion was well-received by her. In a way, he wanted to provide her with a good time, for he was having a blast. A good exchange was something he truly valued, and the prospect of making a new, good friend was enticing.

Pre-Chuunin Exams
Soba Restaurant
[@yamo]
[415 words]
From Allies to Friends [Shigure/Open]May 4, 2022 14:44:40 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]
[attr="class","game"]

for @tagsomeonehere
notes here
[attr="class","kikan"]

The girl had to admit, hearing someone so passionate about their hobbies was a total heartthrob! Even more so because he was so kind and considerate, which was definitely a breath of fresh air compared to the type of scrutiny the girl was normally faced with by the civilians of Kusagakure, though they weren’t exactly rude so to say, they just made sure to steer clear of the girl whenever she was nearby. Every word that Shigure spoke, breathed life into the world around her, so much so that Koume felt as if she would never feel down so long as he was around.

Emerald eyes watched the Hyuga closely whenever he wasn’t looking or paying close attention to her. She was normally the flirty type regardless of who she was around, but the girl had to admit that no one truly made her feel the way she felt currently - not even Ichi. Crossing her legs, Koume would take another bite of the soba, following the same pattern of eyeing Shigure every chance she got.

Hey, Roku. Have you ever seen someone this…nice? And perfect?

Well, nice? Besides you, no I don’t think I have. As for perfection, I’m the closest thing to it.

Oh get over yourself sometimes, will ya!

The girl spoke to the slug from within, not realizing that she was still looking towards Shigure, meeting the Hyūga’s ivory hues as he explained just where his passion may have come from. Her eyes widened at the realization and quickly the teen would turn her head towards her drink, her cheeks pigmenting into a rosy hue. "Oh uhh..yeah!” She said, taking a sip from the specialty beverage, giving the guy a thumbs up and a sheepish smile. So embarrassing!

Smooth one.

Ugh.

The embarrassment alone practically had Koume unsure of what to do, so she would simply just retract back into her bowl of soba, taking a few bites as she looked off to others who may have been passing by, thinking of how she may have made things awkward.

has written 0 posts
From Allies to Friends [Shigure/Open]May 4, 2022 15:14:04 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header

IN THE MIDDLE OF A HEARTBEAT

Shigure had this warm feeling inside his chest, one that he felt very few times in his life. Usually people were not really into talking so casually to him. Being the heir of the Hyuuga clan placed enormous burden on his shoulders, having to live to his family's expectations, which went from the behavioural aspect to the physical one. People couldn't really see him for who he was. He was the son of Urashi, the future leader, the lord to the branch house members, but never truly, well... Shigure. He never decided when he would be seeing the world, kept locked up inside his house, away from everyone and everything. Scrutinised even in his choice of friends, he didn't even have the freedom to choose his betrothed, it was all decided for him.

So, seeing those beautiful green orbs locked into his eyes, with the subtle smile of pleasantness in her feature, that felt absolutely heartwarming, it made the butterflies in his stomach shyly fly around it. It was definitely welcomed, and something he didn't even know he needed. In an odd way, if felt like his first date ever, and he was amused by the thought, but quickly shrugged it off his mind. They were friends, right? It was maybe ok to feel that, but nothing more, right? It surprised him he was even having such thoughts.

As they exchanged their gaze, he noticed the pigmentation on her cheeks changing to a tone of pink. "Cute." he thought, as the tone really did suit Koume. She hesitated on her answer but she admitted she enjoyed it and his smile widened almost year to year. "I'm happy you do! I love it!" he commented in a rather enthusiastic tone. Once those words were exchanged, Koume turned her attention to her food, and Shigure did the same, eating a decent amount of his meal; he was used to eating quite fast.

After a minute or so, he would look back to Koume, searching for those emerald orbs of hers. "You know, Koume-chan... Not often I get the chance to have such a nice, lovely day. It's something I will cherish, so... Thank you for giving me such a great memory." and when he said that, his cheeks blushed as well, but he didn't seem to be too embarrassed by it. Shigure was quite straightforward with people, especially those he grew to think fondly of.

Pre-Chuunin Exams
Soba Restaurant
[@yamo]
[410 words]
last edit by Hyūga Shigure on May 4, 2022 15:23:08 GMT -5
From Allies to Friends [Shigure/Open]May 5, 2022 15:02:28 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]
[attr="class","game"]

for @tagsomeonehere
notes here
[attr="class","kikan"]

Drawing in a deep breath and releasing it in a gentle sigh allowed the girl to help battle any nerves she had and also helped her keep her composure after something so embarrassing. "Sorry about that by the way.” She explained to the Hyuga, laughing as she did so. "I got kind of distracted.” It was a half truth, but still a truth in a sense. The Rokubi had distracted her, yes, but that was only after the girl had gotten her fair share of glances at the guy. Honestly though, Koume didn’t know why she was so worked up and embarrassed - surely Shigure was used to this type of attention, there was no question about it.

"I’m glad you’re having a great time though, because so am I!” Despite it being so cold, she had to admit that this was the most exciting part of her time in Mizu no kuni thus far, although meeting with her roommate for the first time was pretty exciting as well. She’d reach inside her shopping bag and retrieve the hat that had been bought not long ago, placing it over her head in order to keep her ears protected from the cool winds.

They were in Mizu no Kuni for a while, so.. "If you ever want to hang out again, I’m always free! Maybe next time you can hang out with all of my friends as well, I’m sure you’d love them all.” She spoke gently, reaching across the table and resting her hands gently on his wrist.

You do know not everyone likes to be touched, right? Weren’t you supposed to be showing me around anyway, what’s so special about this twerp. Tch. I’ll never understand you and you’re bratty ways.

I’ll make sure to show you around, Roku, geez be patient.

Nevertheless, Koume would retract herself and would continue to eat bite by bite, excited for the days coming ahead.

has written 0 posts
From Allies to Friends [Shigure/Open]May 5, 2022 15:25:52 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header

SEE YOU AGAIN

Shigure shook his head when Koume apologised. "Nothing to apologise for." he was having such a good time that Koume's distraction didn't bother him in the slightest. On top of that, he was having to fight distractions of his own, so they were almost even in a way? Still, he had decided to share with the pink-haired girl his thoughts on the day, and how much he was enjoying it, and his heart almost jumped in joy when she said she was also having a great time, smile from year to year and that warm fuzzy feeling inside. "It's and odd, yet welcomed feeling.... But maybe I shouldn't hold on to this too much..." he thought to himself, as his cheeks refused to let go of the slight hue of red.

With those words exchanged, Shigure went back to his food - which was almost completely gone - and focused on finishing it while Koume grabbed a hat from her shopping bag and put it on her head. It was clear to him she was feeling rather cold, and it didn't help the fact they were still sitting outside. After finishing the soba, he drank another sip of his drink before Koume drew his attention once more, saying that if he did want to hang out again, she was always free, and that maybe next time he could meet her friends as well. Shigure nodded firmly. "I would like that very much! Definitely and... I mean... I don't know how busy we are going to get but... Perhaps..." he paused briefly, trying to think of a good way to say this, but ultimately nothing came to mind, and then, suddenly she touched his wrist, which sort of sent a jolt down his spine, prompting him to just spit out whatever was in his mind. "I could go visit you in the Hidden Grass after? I mean... If that's not imposing!" his cheeks grew redder and he gazed away, embarrassed for speaking without thinking properly, but it was done.

The Hyuuga would then get up and walk around the table to where Koume was. He had removed his hoodie, leaving him with the red shirt he wore and the bandages around his arms, and he would softly place the hoodie over her shoulders; she was still eating her food, so he wanted her to be a bit more comfortable while doing so. "There, this should make it a bit more comfortable for you." his tone was kind, and his eyes narrowed, as he felt the burning in his cheeks, but he honestly didn't want her to feel this cold, and for Shigure, the weather was quite pleasant.

He welcomed the cold breeze.

Pre-Chuunin Exams
Soba Restaurant
[@yamo]
[458 words]
From Allies to Friends [Shigure/Open]May 7, 2022 13:51:58 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]
[attr="class","game"]

for @tagsomeonehere
notes here
[attr="class","kikan"]

Koume was beyond excited to hear that Shigure was fond of the idea of hanging out with her more and even tagging along with some of her friends, but as he continued on, the girl could tell that there was something on his mind that he just couldn’t find the courage to say. However, when her hand rested gently over his wrist, the words would be shot out of a cannon, and Koume would simply find herself giggling as a result.

It was cute but mostly meaningful for Koume mostly because she hadn’t been expecting him to ask if he could visit once things were over, regardless the pinkette would nod her head up and down as she spoke her answer. "Feel free! I could always use more company in Kusagakure!” She answered genuinely, still holding onto the Hyūga’s wrist as she did so. ”And maybe one day I can visit you in Konohagakure! I would enjoy that very much.” Koume wasn’t allowed outside of the village much, if any at all, so the last part may have just been the girl’s wishful thinking, but that was something she had a habit of doing. It wasn’t bad at all, it just simply gave the girl something to look forward to - even if it never came to be.

Happiness flooded her heart, and now all she could think of was hurrying and getting through these exams. It wasn’t the best mindset to have, especially in an environment such as this with a very serious examination on the horizon, but Koume was the type to look ahead - it was just how the girl was. Returning to her food however, Koume would eat until she couldn’t eat anymore, and with the added warmth from Shigure’s hoodie, it would make for a much more comfortable experience through and through, though she did feel bad for leaving him to fend against the elements.

"Thank you.” She voiced, clearly more than grateful for Shigure being around. "Not only for the coat, but for everything!” Despite her energetic and gleeful demeanor, Koume definitely needed this day more than Shigure could comprehend. A bit selfish to say but, she felt as if she truly deserved it after all the hardships that she had faced.

As annoying as you are, brat, I’m glad you’re enjoying yourself. Though, we need to catch up on our training to make sure we’re ready for these exams.

You’re right I suppose.

last edit by Deleted on May 7, 2022 13:54:31 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
From Allies to Friends [Shigure/Open]May 7, 2022 15:58:43 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header

SUNSET

To hear her answer filled his heart with joy - and a tad hint of guilt - but he couldn't really lie to himself or deny the fact that yes, he wanted to be able to spend some time with her again. She held on to his wrist, and he felt half-tempted to rest his free hand over hers, but he resisted, albeit barely. Still, he rejoiced when she said that she might visit him in the Hidden Leaf Village. "If you do, I will make you the best sushi you've ever eaten!" he responded without even thinking. Yes, his sushi was pretty good, potentially the best dish he could prepare at his current cooking level. "And I can show her all the great landmarks in the village." he thought to himself, chuckling in happy anticipation.

After giving her his hoodie, she continued to eat until she was satisfied, while Shigure just watched her. To say he was infatuated was a bit of an understatement, but he was doing all he could to not make this awkward, and would casually gaze away towards the street and glance at people passing by, before going back to looking at who his eyes actually wanted to see. He was not really bothered by the weather, if anything, he felt really relaxed and he enjoyed the breeze that would come and go, gently blowing his hair, sometimes making him need to move his bangs from covering his face.

Once Koume was done, she thanked him and he locked his white eyes on her emerald orbs and shook his head, giggling a bit. She was not only thanking him for the hoodie, but for the day, for everything. "I thank you. I honestly never had a day like this before. I feel like my heart is light as a feather, as cheesy as it may sound hahaha." his words embarrassed him a little, and the hue of red intensified on his cheeks, but he didn't regret saying that. Unfortunately, the day was coming to an end. "I wish the hours could be a bit longer..." he thought to himself, mildly amused with his own silliness, but alas, the hours were not there to respond to the whims of his heart; they had to think about the upcoming exam after all, it was the reason they were in Mizu no Tera.

The sun was almost hidden from them, sinking into the horizon, painting the skies with many beautiful colours, but the one that was most noticeable for him now was the pink, like Koume's locks. With a short sigh, Shigure put the money to cover their tab on the table and got up from his chair. "Funny how time flies when you are having fun, eh?" he said, extending his hand to the girl.

Pre-Chuunin Exams
Soba Restaurant
[@yamo]
[469 words]
last edit by Hyūga Shigure on May 7, 2022 15:58:57 GMT -5
From Allies to Friends [Shigure/Open]May 25, 2022 15:45:02 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]
[attr="class","game"]

for @tagsomeonehere
notes here
[attr="class","kikan"]
Koume would hold him to his promise. She didn’t eat sushi that often, so there was no way she could deny his offer. "Deal!” She spoke jokingly, before starting to tidy up the area around her.

Nevertheless, Koume gave the Hyūga a gentle and genuine smile, tilting her head as she looked into his eyes. It was nice to know that he enjoyed himself as well, even though she kinda dragged him along. The day as a whole was pretty remarkable, and surely it would take something big for anything to top this moment. The way she felt coincided with Shigure’s words..she felt lighter, warmer, and much more welcomed than she did before.

"Well I’m glad you enjoyed spending time with me.” She giggled before her green eyes looked at the sky above.

Koume hadn’t noticed at first but the sun had begun to set upon the horizon and they would soon be approaching their curfew time, which was a bummer because the girl didn’t want this day to end, but like all good things, it had to. As her gaze returned to Shigure however she would be offered his hand, which she would gladly take ahold of before pulling herself from her seat. "You’re right! I never noticed how quickly things move when you’re not really paying attention.” She chuckled, as she let go of the guy’s hand. "It’s been nice getting to know you.” Koume voiced. Shigure was the type of person that restored faith in people, that not everyone was rude or mean, and that there were people out there who truly care for others even without knowing them much beforehand.

last edit by Deleted on May 25, 2022 15:45:28 GMT -5
has written 0 posts

quick reply

compose a reply