age birthday rank occupation
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]
[attr="class","game"]

for @
notes here
[attr="class","kikan"]

Leaving home for so long was a toss up of being either good or bad, especially when it came to those such as Koume. She loved her country and her village with every fiber of her being, it was the only thing she had ever known - so there was always a bit of separation anxiety whenever she crossed over the borders, but it was safe to say that this time around Koume was very much enjoying her time away from the land of grass. The girl was never truly in her dorm unless ordered otherwise by those enforcing the curfew, she was usually somewhere snooping around and getting a feel for the place as a whole, the place was lovely, far different from how she pictured it in her head. "It still doesn’t hold a candle to Kusagakure..” She spoke to herself as she watched the line ahead of her shrink in size and before she knew it, she was the third person in line, ready to try one of the finest cafes that the city had to offer.

I agree, just being in Mizu no Kuni gives me chills.

Oh come on, it’s not that bad. At least not as bad as other’s made it out to be.

Fair enough. I suppose there’s been a few improvements though I’ve never truly seen this village before.

Well, how about we go check it out! After lunch of course!

Eh. It’s not like I have the choice anyways.

Before a response could be given however, Koume would notice the two guys ahead of her leaving the line and walking away from the store with somewhat disappointed expressions painted on their features. As she took a step closer however, she’d notice a sign hanging in the window. ”Out for lunch … Please check back soon?? Aww..well maybe we’ll try again later.” She spoke in a soft tone.

But now the question remained, what could she possibly do to kill time until the shop reopened? A hand gently tested beneath her chin as she looked up towards the sky. Normally she would go bother Ichi but maybe it was best if she gave the boy his space at least for the day, she didn’t want to be overbearing. He was probably out somewhere with Okingshi already anyways, she didn’t want to budge herself in. Hmm, decisions decisions.

ℳ𝒾𝓏𝑜.☽[newclass=.joker]width: 360px; height: 140px; padding: 20px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); -moz-transition: 3s all; -webkit-transition: 3s all; -o-transition: 3s all; transition: 1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.ig:hover .joker]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4); -moz-transition: 3s all; -webkit-transition: 3s all; -o-transition: 3s all; transition: 1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.game]letter-spacing: 2px; text-align:center; line-height: 9px; margin-top:10px;opacity:0;font:bold 10px muli; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; -webkit-transition-duration:.3s;transition-delay: .3s;transition-duration:.3s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass][newclass=.game a]letter-spacing: 2px; font:bold 10px muli; font-style: italic; color: #ffffff;[/newclass][newclass=.ig:hover .game]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;transition-delay: .3s; -webkit-transition-duration:.3s;transition-duration:.3s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass][newclass=.ninety]width:400px;height:180px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/9d8i188.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kikan]width: 65px; height: 65px; border: 1px solid #e3e3e3; transform: rotate(45deg); z-index: 2; margin-top: -27px; margin-bottom: -39px; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.ig:hover .kikan]filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); transition: 0.6s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][googlefont=Roboto][googlefont=Open+Sans]
last edit by Deleted on Feb 10, 2022 19:42:10 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
From Allies to Friends [Shigure/Open]Feb 11, 2022 8:56:52 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
the price of freedom is steep
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"thread title".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

ACQUAINTANCES

Ever since he arrived in Mizu no Tera, Shigure was only around the dorms when he had to sleep or train, which he saved for later at night, where less people were likely to see him. Even then, most of his training was focusing on developing his sensory ability and increasing his already fine chakra control, which were trainings that - even if observed - wouldn't reveal much of what he was capable of. Other than that, he would do some of the katas of the Gentle Fist, but then again, without using chakra, or putting a lot of power behind the movements, to the point that it would just look like the man was doing some weird tai chi meditation or something, especially because of his closed eye lids while doing that.

The rest of the time, he dedicated to explore the city, especially its gastronomy, which was quite different from what they would find in the Land of Fire, and being a foodie like he was, he was having a blast with that. At this point, however, he had already tried most of their restaurants and food stands, so it was now time to explore the shops.

Shigure headed towards one of them, but noticed two people walking away from it, and the girl he had met earlier, the pink-haired one, standing there with a thoughtful expression on her face. With his incredible eyesight, he was able to read the note from afar, knowing the store was closed for now. "Oh well...". Since he was already here, and the girl was an acquaintance of sorts, and from an allied village, Shigure thought they could get to know each other better and perhaps have a more friendly experience; thus far he had some unsavoury encounters with some Mist and Rock shinobi, and he could definitely use a change of pace.

"Koume-san, right? You know... There a few other stores down this street." he pointed to their left. "If you want, we can explore them together. I... Hahaha... Could use a more friendly company. I guess a lot of people don't like Leaf shinobi for some reason." he gazed away and scratched the back of his head as he said that, it was clear he was bothered by that, but he wasn't making a big deal out of it. If anything, Shigure looked like quite the friendly and polite young man.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Pre-Chuunin Exams
Meeting an acquaintance
[@yamo]
[400 words]
Ren has written 1,690 posts
From Allies to Friends [Shigure/Open]Feb 14, 2022 9:59:56 GMT -5
Deleted
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]
[attr="class","game"]

for @tagsomeonehere
notes here
[attr="class","kikan"]

Koume turned around quickly at the mention of her name coming from a somewhat familiar voice. Once she noticed who it was however she couldn’t help but to giggle and wave a greeting towards the Konoha shinobi. "Heya, Shigure-San!! Nice to see you around again!” Her smile was big and bright, and it was clear to see that the girl was excited knowing that she wouldn’t have to walk around this place alone. "I was just about to show….myself around, heh, so I don’t mind.” She wasn’t sure if she should share her current status as the Jinchuriki, so for the time being she would have to withhold the truth from her newly found acquaintance.

The pinkette started down the path of what seemed like a shopping district, waving for the boy to follow, however Koume would look over towards Shigure with a bit of concern on her expression. "You mentioned that you haven’t been having the best of times with others? What happened?” She asked curiously as the genin continued moving forward. None of the shops so far caught the girl’s eye, so her attention would remain solely on the Hyūga.

When it came to meeting new people, especially those from foreign villages, Koume often treated them the same as she would treat any other person she had just met, though it didn’t always get the same positive reaction that she normally did. "I wonder why people are so rude to outsiders.” She mumbled beneath her voice.

Its mostly rooted deeply with hatred from numerous wars and individual altercations that brings forth such negativity towards outsiders. Have you not seen the looks these Iwagakure shinobi have been giving you and all of your friends as well. It’s quite easy to hate in this world…

Hmm. I suppose you’re right, but why should we be hated for nothing we’ve ever done. I just don’t think it’s fair.

Well, life isn’t fair now is it? The slug spoke from within a cage.

ℳ𝒾𝓏𝑜.☽[newclass=.joker]width: 360px; height: 140px; padding: 20px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); -moz-transition: 3s all; -webkit-transition: 3s all; -o-transition: 3s all; transition: 1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.ig:hover .joker]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4); -moz-transition: 3s all; -webkit-transition: 3s all; -o-transition: 3s all; transition: 1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.game]letter-spacing: 2px; text-align:center; line-height: 9px; margin-top:10px;opacity:0;font:bold 10px muli; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; -webkit-transition-duration:.3s;transition-delay: .3s;transition-duration:.3s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass][newclass=.game a]letter-spacing: 2px; font:bold 10px muli; font-style: italic; color: #ffffff;[/newclass][newclass=.ig:hover .game]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;transition-delay: .3s; -webkit-transition-duration:.3s;transition-duration:.3s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass][newclass=.ninety]width:400px;height:180px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/9d8i188.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kikan]width: 65px; height: 65px; border: 1px solid #e3e3e3; transform: rotate(45deg); z-index: 2; margin-top: -27px; margin-bottom: -39px; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.ig:hover .kikan]filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); transition: 0.6s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][googlefont=Roboto][googlefont=Open+Sans]
has written 0 posts
From Allies to Friends [Shigure/Open]Feb 15, 2022 10:15:50 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"from allies to friends".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

UNDERSTANDING

The girl responded to his greeting with a lot of enthusiasm and that made him feel quite happy; it was good to have a more positive interaction after the growing tension these past few days. She seemed thrilled with the offer and accepted it without hesitation and he nodded to her, chuckling lightly. "That's fantastic. Let's go!" his tone ever friendly and kind, as he started following the girl down the path that led them to the shopping district, a district he had yet to explore. "I should probably buy some gifts... Definitely bring something back to Hanako, to my little sis, Yuuta-sensei, Issei-kun... I dunno if Kazuto likes gifts, but I will try to get him something. Ah, and Miho-san as well, I need to thank her for patching me up that day." while they walked, he was making a mental list of people he intended on buying gifts for. Nothing too fancy, but something that was unique and that matched their personality, hopefully.

Koume was quick to make conversation, and he welcomed that. "Well... I had a little bit of a tense exchange with words with a Mist shinobi named Kasumi, and on another day I ran into her again, and into another acquaintance of mine from the Hidden Rock. Although, to be honest, when we met we didn't introduce ourselves as Shinobi, or mention our villages. But I was still surprised she got so angry upon noticing my forehead protector." he sighed, scratching the back of his head. "I mean, I get it... Every one has a skeleton in their closet, but heck... If we continue down this cycle of hatred, we will never grow out of it. We will just repeat the same mistakes, hold the same grudges... No, I want to break away from it. I want to help make this world a better place for all of us." he said, sighing deeply and shaking his head, but he didn't let the negative emotions linger, and shortly after that the subtle smile returned to his face. "I lost people too, many people... But to hate a whole village for that? I find that's unfair... and weak-minded." he added with a shrug.

He didn't know where Koume stood in that regard, other than her mention of not understanding why people were rude to outsiders, but he was quite the honest guy, and he would rather expose his true feelings on the matter rather than putting on a mask; he already had to wear plenty when dealing with the matters of his clan.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Pre-Chuunin Exams
Shopping District
[@yamo]
[428 words]
From Allies to Friends [Shigure/Open]Feb 15, 2022 12:03:18 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]
[attr="class","game"]

for @
notes: typical hyperactive teen
[attr="class","kikan"]

"Hmm.” Koume hummed as she continued listening to the Hyūga explain why he hadn’t been having the bestest of times. Her green eyes remained focused on him all the way, even as the two walked, her concerned look watched him closely. Apparently most of the problems came from kiri shinobi by the name of Kasumi, Koume had never heard of this person, so the name didn’t mean much to her. As for the rock shinobi, well that seemed rather unfortunate. "So you guys were friends beforehand?” Koume asked softly.

This brat. Nothing will ever change, no matter how much he desires it. This world only knows two things for certain, conflict and death. That is all that will ever be known, he’ll either be forced into some conflict or … he will be killed somewhere along the way.

But…can you blame him for desiring such changes? I mean, I’d rather stand by change even if it’s destined to fail.

Tch. I suppose not, but it’s a childish dream to have, and you’re only setting yourself up to be broken.

Seeing that Shigure was a bit distraught, Koume smiled genuinely as she found the nearest shop that seemed interesting. Placing her hand gently on the guy’s shoulder as they continued down the district, the pinkette would speak. "I know what’ll cheer you up! Come!” Jogging off towards the shop, Koume would enter. It was a typical mask store, but they also sold a variety of outfits and hats as well. Honestly, the girl wasn’t sure if Shigure would enjoy this place or not, but it definitely caught her attention, and it was probably best if they changed the topic. Besides, shopping always made her feel better.

Quickly placing one of the masks over her face, Koume would turn to her acquaintance and pretend to be a spooky monster before removing the porcelain and taking a second look at it. "Hm. You know, these masks look a lot different than the ones in Kusagakure.” They seemed a lot more…demonic in Mizu no Kuni.

has written 0 posts
From Allies to Friends [Shigure/Open]Feb 15, 2022 12:23:21 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header

SUBTLE JOY

Koume was giving him her full attention, with her green orbs never leaving him, and it felt nice in a way. He liked chatting with people, and his family seemed to dislike communication in general, so he always craved these interactions, it made him wholesome. When asked if they were friends before, he stopped to ponder for a second, touching his chin with his index and thumb. "I wouldn't call us friends per say, but more like friendly acquaintances. We met when I was travelling to the Forest Country, and she was kind enough to show me around. A bit feisty, sure, but friendly. We also had a friendly spar, and a nice exchange of words... So it was quite surprising her outburst due to my allegiance alone. A bit frustrating too..." he admitted, sighing deeply and shaking his head. He didn't want to spoil the mood, but it was clear that it was something that bothered him.

When she touched his shoulder, he looked at her with curiosity sparkling in his otherwise featureless white eyes. He was enticed b the words, and when she jogged to the store, he rushed to follow her, quickly making his way there. It was a mask store, and it looked quite interesting indeed. He could definitely see the cultural differences between the Land of Fire and the Land of Water, as a lot of the masks were based on sea creatures and youkais, such as Kappas. He was definitely interested by that, and his expression didn't hide it, and a subtle smile slowly made its way to his face. "They are so cool." he mused, looking around the store, until his eyes found Koume once again, who was now wearing a mask and pretending to be some scary monster of sorts.

Shigure chuckled lightly at that and shook his head, but he had to agree with what she was saying. "Indeed, I think it's fitting, considering the local culture. I feel they are a more warring people. The masks in the Land of Fire are mostly based on normal animals, such as foxes and monkeys, or birds. I guess it's fitting, considering our forests and all. I wonder though... What is it like back home?" he asked her, wondering what they usually made as masks in Nohara no Kuni. The mood had clearly improved though, and Shigure's smile was larger and happier now.

Maybe this day was actually going to turn out pretty good.

Pre-Chuunin Exams
Mask Store
[@yamo]
[414 words]
From Allies to Friends [Shigure/Open]Feb 15, 2022 14:23:30 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]
[attr="class","game"]

for @tagsomeonehere
notes: sorry she’s all over the place
[attr="class","kikan"]

Hanging the mask back onto the wall where it had been placed, Koume would turn and listen to Shigure agree and explain just how these masks were different in his land as well, ultimately his interest in the masks made the girl smile in return, glad that he enjoyed the shop despite not knowing much about him personally. "Well, back in Kusagakure the masks are more animalistic from what I’ve noticed, but these are pretty cool too I suppose.” She explained with a giggle. Much like Konoha, their masks were based on local wildlife and even the occasional plant, nothing much to write home about.

Taking a quick glance over at the entire shop from floor to ceiling, Koume would begin feeling a new found appreciation for the spiritual masks they had so readily available as well as the village as a whole. They definitely felt more like a warring nation the more she looked over the place. She wasn’t the type to delve too deep into the past, but she couldn’t help but to feel a bit of Kirigakure’s history in this particular shop. Walking through the narrow aisles of clothes and accessories, Koume’s bright green eyes would take it all in, immersing herself into the culture before something else caught her eye. "Ooh, that’s one ugly looking hat! I love it!” She spoke with excitement, pointing at a gray and maroon cap.

Seeing anything that catches your eye, Roku?

Anything but that...

Ugh. You’re such a downer!

Despite the Slug’s disapproval, the girl was able to find two hats that she genuinely enjoyed. "Hmm, hey Shigure-kun. Anything catching your eye?” Koume asked, her attention mostly on the cool hats, but she was all ears for the guy, listening to anything he had to say. If he didn’t find anything interesting, then Koume wouldn’t hesitate to move on to the next store, after purchasing one of the hats of course, more specifically the one that appeared to have cat ears that were controllable via strings. She’d place the hat on her head before turning around to face the Hyuga. "Cute, huh?” She asked, pulling the strings continuously with one hand to bring the ears up and down in a childish manner, while the other hand remained hidden behind her back. The second hat was more so for Shigure than herself.

"Close your eyes.. and no peeking.”

If he did so choose to be a part of Koume’s shenanigans, the guy would feel a slight pressure on his head as she would place the brown bear hat upon his head. If he chose not to, however, then the girl would simply just hand him the hat - though a bit upset he didn’t participate in her game. "It matches your hair.” She giggled.

has written 0 posts
From Allies to Friends [Shigure/Open]Feb 15, 2022 16:07:22 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header

SIMPLE LIFE

The Hidden Grass and the Hidden Leaf were quite similar in many ways, no wonder they were close allies and fostered a relationship of mutual trust. Shigure could definitely say he felt at home with them, from his roommate to the girl before him. He nodded when she explained that they used similar masks, and that made sense; their countries had similar fauna and flora, and the climate was quite similar as well, despite the fact that the Land of Fire was much more extensive. As they explored the shop, his white eyes carefully analysed the figures carved into the masks, and he wondered what type of history the country had. One of bloodshed and war, that much he knew, but what about the history from the perspective of the regular folk? He wondered what they would have to say if they were the ones writing the books.

When the girl pointed out to a rather ugly hat he chuckled lightly and nodded. "Indeed! Hahaha!" he was having a good time, the girl's cheerful attitude was definitely rubbing on him, and he felt a sense of joy inside his heart. The Hyuuga approached one of the masks nearby, past the Kappa, where he found a red Tengu mask. He was bewildered by its craftsmanship. The angry eyes of the creature were intimidating and alluring. He touched it, flipped it around, explored it with the tips of his fingers. A masterpiece, he had to admit, perfect even on its imperfections. After analysing it for a bit, he placed it back on the shelf, satisfied smile resting on his face.

Almost at the same time he had finished checking the mask, Koume talked to him again, asking if anything caught his eyes, and he nodded. "Yes, these masks are quite interesting. Very well done. The Tengu one was actually pretty cool." he said, turning his white eyes to her, staring into her bright green orbs. He didn't buy the mask, however, he just wanted to look at them. The girl was wearing a cute hat with cat ears which could be controlled. He chuckled, finding it rather cute, but that was also her opinion, one she voiced, and he confirmed. "Very much so! It matches your hair really well!" he commented, discreetly complimenting her hair; he had never seen such a tone of pink before, and oddly enough, it fit the girl perfectly.

Following that, Koume asked him to close his eyes, enticing his curiosity. "Uhn? Okay..." but he didn't complain. With his eyes closed he waited for her, but while he did so, his mind digressed. This was a simple, yet joyous moment, one he had actually never enjoyed with Hanako. It made him wonder if he would ever really experience such things, or if his life would just be bound by duty at every minute of it. It tired him to think that, especially due to the anxiety before the exams. He wanted to pass, to become a Chuunin, but this day was making him think on how good it was to be just that, a human.

Shigure teased her a bit, opening his eyes for a second after she said no peeking. He laughed a bit and then closed them shut, letting her surprise him. "Alright, I won't!" he confirmed. Shortly after that, he felt something on his head and then said that it matched his hair. That was when he opened his eyes and looked in the mirror, seeing the brown bear hat in his head. He then turned to her, lifting his hands as if they were claws, and jokingly growled like a bear, taking a couple steps towards her, before laughing a bit louder.

"Seems like you found us both fitting hats! Hahahaha! Good taste, Koume-chan!" he added, with a smile from ear to ear.

Pre-Chuunin Exams
Mask Shop
[@yamo]
[642 words]
From Allies to Friends [Shigure/Open]Feb 18, 2022 15:11:42 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]
[attr="class","game"]

for @tagsomeonehere
notes here
[attr="class","kikan"]

Listening to Shigure go on about the certain things he found interesting in the shop made Koume smile a bit. The things she found interest in didn’t always work out well with others, so she was genuinely glad that he was having some fun as well. "That’s good!” Perhaps she could come back to this shop before leaving Mizu no Kuni and buy it for him, but for the time being…she’d bring attention to herself, asking for the boy’s opinion on her hats.

Shigure agreed that it indeed was fairly cute, and that it actually went really well with her hair as well. Her cheeks turned a rosey crimson tone as her emerald eyes quickly shifted off to the side. "Well…I’m glad you agree. heh.” The teen spoke, coiling her vibrant pink hair around her index finger. She took great pride in her hair, in fact it was one of her prized possessions. Nevertheless, there had been something that she wanted to see, so she’d ask the Hyuga to close his eyes. He agreed, albeit peeking through one eye which caused Koume to pout.

"Hey!”

She’d call out with a laugh. After placing the hat on Shigure’s head, she’d take a moment to look over the Hyuga completely. The hat was definitely childish in a sense, but surely enough it did match with his hair as well. Shigure would even go as far as mimicking a bear’s roar - which brought great joy to the young teen. "I knew I liked you for a reason!” She said with a big smile. Regardless, it seemed as if the two had explored just about all that this particular shop had to offer, so Koume would march towards the clerks desk and would purchase the two hats, even if Shigure insisted on her not purchasing it for him.

What’d you get for me?

Ehhh?? Oh..uh…I forgot.

Of course.

I will make it up to you, please do forgive me, Roku!

From the front, Koume would exit the shop holding a small bag with the items inside. Now for the moment only one question remained. "Where to next?” Koume asked.

has written 0 posts
From Allies to Friends [Shigure/Open]Feb 18, 2022 15:24:48 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header

NEXT STOP

The girls energy was quite uplifting, and even though Shigure was also quite nice to people, he was usually a bit less on the cheery side, but it was easy for him to internalised that type of energy and adapt to it. If not for his upbringing in the strict Hyuuga clan, held to the standards expected of its heir, he would probably be a bit more like her, and deep inside his core he recognized and accept that fact.

When he opened one of his eyes to tease her, she quickly called him out, and he closed both his eyes, enjoying the moment. Koume was cute and kind, and quite fun too. When she blushed, her cheeks matched her hair, and he didn't fail to notice that, and it was lovely. He was letting his guard down, and embracing this moment, this experience, and even playing as if he was a bear, and the girl enjoyed that quite a lot, going as far as to say that she knew she liked him for a reason. Shigure arched one of his brows to her, smirk widening and he chuckled lightly. "Well... I can definitely say my feelings are the same. You are quite fun, Koume-chan! I definitely needed this to get rid of some of the pre-exam tension, ya know?" he admitted, looking into her bright green eyes.

There was nothing else for them in the shop, and when they were ready to leave, Koume headed to the cash to pay for both hats. Shigure tried to intervene. "Oh, Koume-chan, you don't have to." he said, but when she showed to be adamant about buying it, he decided to just accept it; it would be hypocritical of him to say no, after all, he was quite fond of giving gifts and food to people. As they walked outside of the store, he would look at her and extend his hand. "May I at least carry the bag for you?" he asked, never losing the smile from his face.

The question now was where to go next, and he quickly looked around the area, finding a clothing shop nearby. That shop seemed to have quite the fashionable items, and he was a bit interested. Not that he was very trendy in his clothing or anything, but he definitely wanted to check out what people from the Land of Water liked. He pointed to the place and looked to the girl. "How about that one? Seems like they have some cool clothing there." he suggested, wondering if she would be interested in the store or not. If she was willing to go there, he would be quick to head towards it, opening the door so she could enter. "After you!".

Pre-Chuunin Exams
Clothing store?
[@yamo]
[461 words]
From Allies to Friends [Shigure/Open]Feb 21, 2022 22:58:04 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]
[attr="class","game"]

for @tagsomeonehere
notes here
[attr="class","kikan"]

The girl watched as Shigure extended his hand towards her, insisting that he at least carry the bag for her. Koume gave him a smile before handing the small bag over, it surely wasn’t too much for her to handle but nevertheless she wouldn’t deny any help from her friends, that was for sure. "Heh, if you insist. Thank you!” She voiced softly before heading even further into the shopping district.

There were a few shops that caught the girl’s eye, however she wasn’t too quick to pull the trigger. Besides, she would’ve liked if Shigure chose the store this time around simply because she didn’t want this to be all about her. Technically she was trying to show her bijuu around as well, so perhaps it would be best to get differing opinions on where to go and what to see.

If you see anything that interests you, Roku, please let me know! I’m not sure what slugs like?

I’ll be sure to.

Oh cmon.

As they continued down the path, the girl’s emerald eyes would focus on a clothing store, the same shop that Shigure pointed out. Cool! "Ahh, I was just thinking about that shop. Good choice, Shigure-Kun!” Koume wouldn’t move too far behind the Hyuga as he held the door for her. He truly was a kind soul, and quite honestly the girl wasn’t sure if she had ever met anyone like him before. Part of her was curious of the guy’s story, his upbringing, and things of the such - but she would more than likely never truly know, and that was okay with her.

But…

Before Koume would enter the shop, she would softly grab ahold of Shigure’s wrist and would give a gentle tug away from the door. "Hey..why don’t we stop at one of these shops if they’re open? I could use a quick bite before we continue.” She said, gesturing towards the restaurants with a big smile on her face. This way she could sit face to face with the Hyuga without her getting distracted by other things.

You aren’t planning on prying into his life are you?

Mmm. Of course not..

has written 0 posts
From Allies to Friends [Shigure/Open]Feb 22, 2022 10:41:36 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header

FOOD TIME

Koume was fine with Shigure carrying the bag and handed it over shortly after his request. As they continued down their path, Shigure pointed towards a clothing shop, and it seemed like he and Koume were of a single mind, for she also wanted to go there. The young man smiled to her and nodded, chuckling lightly. This day was turning out to be quite pleasant and he was definitely forgetting about the stress of the exams looming over him. It was quite the welcomed change of pace.

Approaching the door, he quickly held it open for the pink-haired girl. His impression of Koume was only improving. She was quite cheerful and also kind. It was easy to be around her, she made him feel comfortable in a way that was rare. She seemed quite happy, maybe she had a good life so far, or maybe she was more like himself; a person who suffered but managed to grow past the pain from their past. Either way, it didn't really matter to him, he was not one to pry much into other people's business unless they were willing to share.

Suddenly, before she could enter the store, Koume grabbed Shigure's wrist. Her touch was soft, but he didn't resist and instead let the girl drag him away from the shop. "Uh?". Shigure seemed a bit puzzled, but the explanation came, and it made his smile widen. Koume wanted to grab a bite, and Shigure would never refuse food, he was quite the glutton himself, despite his slender build. "I would absolutely love to eat something! Let's do it, Koume-chan!" he nodded firmly, with quite the excited tone in his voice.

The duo would quickly make their way towards the restaurant. Well, at this point, Shigure had been to every single restaurant and food stand in the whole town, and this one was pretty good. They had a delicious option called kirigakure soba, which looked kind of similar to the Ramen one would find in the Hidden Leaf, but upon further inspections the dark color of the buckwheat noodles give away the fact that this particular type of noodle is in fact soba. These noodles adapt easily to other ingredients and with the odd use of fish protein rather than chicken or pork belly. "The food here is pretty amazing! Their soba may taste a bit different, but I really enjoyed it! And they also have a drink called kirin mitsu!" it was clear he loved food, he talked about it with quite a lot of passion. "I'm taking notes of the food so I can try and replicate it when I'm back to the Leaf! Hehehe!" he admitted.

The two would sit down in a small table, just for the two of them, on the exterior of the restaurant, where they had a small patio with a few tables. The waiter would give them both a glass of water and the menu, which included the two items Shigure had mentioned before, and walk away, to give the duo some time to decide what they wanted.

Pre-Chuunin Exams
Soba Restaurant
[@yamo]
[518 words]
From Allies to Friends [Shigure/Open]Feb 23, 2022 15:03:45 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]
[attr="class","game"]

for @tagsomeonehere
notes here
[attr="class","kikan"]

"Right! Let’s go!” She said with just as much excitement as the Hyuga. The slight discomfort in her tummy was the telltale sign of hunger rapidly approaching, so it’d be best if the two took a break and enjoyed a nice meal in between their walking, talking, and shopping. "Heh, sorry! Bye bye!” Waving goodbye to the clothing store owners, Koume would proceed to follow Shigure towards one of the closest shops to them. Unlike Shigure, Koume hadn't been given the chance to explore all the options that the city has to offer, mostly because for the few days that she’s been in Kagamino no Shi, she’s been sticking to the basics of what she likes, rice dishes! However, she was feeling a bit bold today and had the taste for something different, and it seemed as if Shigure had just the answer for that.

Koume would take a few seconds to study the menu that was chalked up on the blackboard just outside of the establishment. Today’s special? Kirigakure Soba of course! The girl had no clue of what to expect, but there was no lack of faith in her friend's choice. Surely the food would be splendid, and the Hyuga would only reassure her of that.

"Hmmm..kirin mitsu?” The girl questioned, looking towards Shigure as they walked closer to the shop and grabbed their seats just a few feet from the front entrance. Despite the establishment being one of the more popular options, Koume and Shigure were able to nab one of the most desirable seats at least on the exterior, typically utilized by couples. As indecisive as she might’ve seemed, it was safe to say that Koume didn’t need the menu, she’d simply order whatever Shigure got. She couldn’t go wrong with that, at least that’s what she thought. "Whaaat? So..Do you enjoy cooking in your free time?” The girl asked curiously, leaning forward into the table as she took a sip of her water.

last edit by Deleted on Feb 23, 2022 15:04:28 GMT -5
has written 0 posts
From Allies to Friends [Shigure/Open]Feb 23, 2022 15:50:08 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header

HOBBIES

Shigure nodded enthusiastically when she said 'kirin mitsu', also known as 'unicorn nectar'. "Oh yeah, it's a mango-flavoured, non-carbonated drink that they have here in the Land of Water. It's served warm now that we are in winter time, but they told me you can also drink it cold during the summer. It's quite delicious, I think you will like it!" he assured, almost unable to hide the excitement at the prospect of eating soon. The two of them made their way to the table, and they got a couple's one, but he didn't think anything of it; Shigure didn't have any shady intentions with Koume, even though he was really enjoying her company and personality. She was a really pleasant girl indeed.

Shigure rested his head on his hands, leaning forward a bit in response to Koume and he nodded, with a large smile on his face. "I do love cooking. Well... I love food, and I like to explore new things, but my family is quite... How can I put it?" he pondered for a while, gazing away and to the skies for a moment, before staring back at her bright green eyes. "Quite vanilla in their meals? I think that's the best way to put it." he explained, chuckling lightly. "Not that they like the fact that I cook... It's... Like my dad says, 'beneath me', and that I should leave those menial task to the servants. I think it's just silly of him to say that." he shrugged, shaking his head a bit.

"How about you, Koume-chan? I would like to know more about you." he asked. His eyes didn't hide the interest he had, it was quite genuine. His expression and actions were kind and friendly, almost too much at the eyes of some people, but that's how the Hyuuga truly was, it was in his nature. It was almost contradictory how capable he was in a fight. Ultimately, he was quite the unique individual, especially considering how his clan normally acted.

Pre-Chuunin Exams
Soba Restaurant
[@yamo]
[340 words]
From Allies to Friends [Shigure/Open]Feb 24, 2022 13:20:12 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]
[attr="class","game"]

for @tagsomeonehere
notes here
[attr="class","kikan"]

Hmm. The pink haired genin hummed, listening to her friend explain what kirin mitsu was. She would surely have to give it a try, especially if Shigure was so positive towards it. Over the years she had grown from her typical self, and while she was once a picky little brat when it came to new things, nowadays the pinkette was willing to give most things a try - especially if it were recommended to her.

"Well it does sound very delicious. Sign me up.”

She giggled as the two attempted to settle into their table and get comfortable. The round table was rather small, but there seemed to be plenty of space for both herself and Shigure to enjoy their meals without getting in each other’s way.

Nevertheless, she leaned forward - taking a few sips of water to quench her thirst from walking before inquiring about his interests. Green hues remained painted on the Hyuga however, especially once he began to explain his passion for all things food. It was cute. However..Koume tilted her head slightly at an angle at the mention of the guy’s father deeming cooking to be beneath him and that it should be left to the servants. A soft frown curled on her features as she sat up straight, taking a brief moment to allow herself time to process her thoughts in full.

Don’t tell me he’s one of those spoiled brats, ugh at least he isn’t as stuck up as most of them tend to be.

Well we don’t know that for sure, but I suppose the Hyuga clan’s traditions are set up in such a way, so who am I to judge? He’s still one of the coolest guys I’ve ever met. Heh.

Sincerely, from one spoiled brat to another.

"Well…” Her tone much softer than it was before. "I think you should do what makes you happy. We don’t know when we’ll take our last breaths, so do what brings you joy. You won’t regret it.” A pause was given, but once she realized that she might have killed their good vibes, those emerald eyes would quickly avert away from the table. "Sorry.” She apologized softly before leaning in and taking another sip of her water.

Feeling a bit embarrassed, Koume continued to drink from her water without looking over towards Shigure, she was too nervous to do so, that is until he asked to know more about her as well, and like before the same smile would emerge.

"Well what do you wanna know?” She asked excitedly.

has written 0 posts

quick reply

compose a reply