One step at a time, and don't get wet! [Training]

compose a reply
One step at a time, and don't get wet! [Training]Feb 14, 2022 12:31:59 GMT -5
Yuki Yuriko
Never fight on borrowed ideals, make your own dreams!
Yuki Yuriko Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
There was something about the climate of Yukigakure no Sato that just agreed too well with the young kunoichi. She knew that it was no doubt because of the unusual properties of her clan, but the cold had never bothered Yuriko in the slightest. If one was not to stop her she might as well have ran out of her apartment in shorts and a blouse, but fortunately common sense told her otherwise. It was not a bad idea to dress a bit more... modestly for the sake of blending in with the crowds in the village, good practice for a kunoichi. After all she was often told that a shinobi had to be sneaky and subtle, to be left unnoticed was a great benefit for them, despite the fact so many seemed to love being flashy.

That by itself sometimes led to Yuriko to ponder the concept of Ninjutsu, primarily due to how so many techniques were not exactly the most befitting for the term sneaky. Even her best technique was not exactly a subtle one, but for today she was going to practice a more suitable technique for a shinobi.

It was a technique she had seen others do a few times already in the past: the art of walking on water. Some might speak in jest that only saints and those pure of mind could accomplish such a thing, but Yuriko knew there was use for such a technique, water after all was a part of territory one could exploit, and even if she could take a cheap way out by just freezing the water, it did not exactly justify the thought of not learning such a technique.

And so she had chosen today for a most peculiar training location. Having lived in Yukigakure all her life Yuriko knew her fair share of secret spots or places that were not known that easily to tourists, this place in particular was only known to locals: A collection of natural hot springs. Why had she chosen a hot spring? Because the hot temperature would make it harder for her to freeze the water, meaning her only choice to not get wet was to properly master the technique, and o boy was she confident that she would succeed.

Most would likely have mistaken her for a tourist in the way she was dressed, a long bath towel that was wrapped from her torso down to a bit below her thighs, after all she was not exactly planning to get her proper outfit all wet if by miracle she would fail the technique.

She had memorized the hand seals, and the proper distribution of chakra was being applied to her legs, in particular her feet and the soles of them, and then the moment of truth came.

One step.. two steps... three.. Of course she had succeeded! A bright smile emerged on her lips as she hummed proudly. "Of course, nothing less expected from Auntie Shuka's student!" But it was at that time, that momentary distraction that she felt her foot sink into the water. "nononono" And then... her entire body went plunging into the hot spring! "KYAAAA!" A scream escaped her lips as she disappeared into the water, reemerging a few seconds later, her face a hue of scarlet from embarrassment as she mumbled softly. "Now I didn't only fail, I also got wet..."
has written 4 posts
One step at a time, and don't get wet! [Training]Feb 14, 2022 17:57:50 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
If it's not worth the effort, why bother?
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday 12/21 rank Advanced Genin occupation Genin Team One Member
"Ugh, seriously sensei?" Those were his last words to Masahiko as he was ordered to help train their most recent squad member: Yuriko Yuki. They were both from the same clan, but Kazu hadn't known of her existence until she joined Genin Team 1. He felt awkward around her. Though, this might help him make sure he had water walking down. His sensei had told him of the girl's probable locations, and he'd checked a few of them before finding her. She was at the hot springs, not known to most tourists. At least the girl had chosen a pretty good location, the heat from the water wasn't able to be frozen. 

Surprisingly, she was already practicing the technique Kazu was supposed to help teach her. As he walked past, she mentioned something about their village leader. 'There's the distraction.' He thought, watching as she plunged into the water shortly after. He had a similar experience when he learned the technique, so he wasn't surprised by any means. As she resurfaced, Kazu made her aware of his presence, "Yo. I was told to come help you train water-walking since it's kind of essential and I know how to do it or something. Don't feel bad about getting distracted, happened to me too. And yet," He proceeded to walk on the hot spring water, not entirely sure if he could do it yet. He succeeded thankfully. "I can do it now. Granted the way I learned it was significantly different, but I'll help you out." He crouched as he finished, reaching a hand out to the girl to help her out of the water. His mind remembering just how strange Nakajima's method of training was. Still, it worked for the boy. What would work for Yuriko though? He'd need to figure it out fast if he planned to get rest today.
Strikr123 has written 317 posts
One step at a time, and don't get wet! [Training]Feb 17, 2022 17:09:08 GMT -5
Reiji Nue
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Reiji Nue Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday 16/06 rank Chuunin occupation Medic Corps

NOTES ❯ Notes here (max 1 line)
HEX ❯ #3f85a3
TAGS ❯ Tags here (spans 2 lines)
Reiji Nue

Reiji was finally been granted leave from the hospital and some nice vacation time. The boy was exhausted, he had been merged to a patient for a whole week, keeping them alive while growing them an extra heart. With the guy now completely healed after the procedure, he was able to get his mind off of medical things and get some nice time in the hot springs.

The Nue's rubber soled boots squeaked lightly in the snow as the cold rubber got enough traction in the snow to push his body towards the entrance of the springs. Wearing his usual bodysuit and long gloves, he approached the water and found two people already doing things in there. One of them was walking on it while the other was spluttering inside.

"H-hello..." The young gray head shyly saluted. The chuunin did not expect to find two kids hanging out there, so he was kind of taken by surprise as he thought he would have the hot springs all for himself. He did wonder why they were there. Didn't they have a sensei to go on missions with? "I'm R-reiji. Reiji Nue.  Do you...n-need help?" The young boi whispered at the girl, blushing lightly and shuffling on the spot.

Ryo has written 37 posts