Domino Effect

compose a reply
Domino EffectApr 2, 2022 16:44:16 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
age 18 years old birthday June 12 rank Adv. Genin occupation
Jou needed to work harder on his skills. With or without his Tomokenzangan, Jou still finds himself slipping up, even during simple moments like this. There is nothing wrong with needing improvement, but Jou had a hidden habit of beating himself up over it. This pretty much stems from how a lot of people in his life usually view him...including his parents.

The young Himishi remained on the ground, reflecting a bit on his own self-proclaimed lack of skill until he looked at Haruka as she crouched to his level. Even when Jou is doubting himself, he can always count on Haruka to rekindle his burning confidence. She never stirred him wrong and has always been truthful to him. He got the message of this lesson loud and clear.

The moment he saw her hand, Jou smiled and took a hold of it before getting up. How lucky Jou had to be to have a mentor like this...someone he could not only learn from but learn alongside was beyond him...but he didn't question it. Haruka reminded Jou so much of...Keiko. He saw Haruka as more than just a cousin...but as a sister as well. It was also oddly comforting to hear that Haruka has her own share of slip-ups as well. It made Jou feel like he has what it takes to be someone like her, that it's not impossible to reach this.

Jou's smile widened a little more at the continued compliments. "I-I'm only improving because of your teachings, Haruka-senpai." Jou claimed as he rubbed the back of his head. "Your lessons are easy to follow and very engaging. I've even been studying our past lessons whenever I'm training on my own." H then placed his hand down and grinned. "You should consider becoming an Academy Instructor." he added, his words sincere.

As for what he feels like they should cover next...

"How about we..." Jou stopped, his enthusiasm lowering slightly. While this wasn't lesson-related, he wanted to spar with Haruka...show her how much he has improved but decided against it. Nerves got to him during that split second. Maybe now wasn't the best time. Jou felt like he'll get his chance to prove himself to her eventually...Little did he know that this moment was right around the corner...along with the devastating events that will follow after.

"Actually...I need to work a little more on my reflexes." Jou claimed. Jou is fast, even he can acknowledge that...but his actual reflexes needed some work. They weren't bad as evident by the earlier demonstration, but they weren't truly on par with his speed or doujutsu. "B-But, we can always work on that another day." Jou quickly added since he didn't want to risk taking up more of Haruka's time. "I know how much you relish your naps." Jou joked a bit, chuckling lightly before flashing another soft grin.

[REDACTED] has written 254 posts
Domino EffectApr 5, 2022 20:28:34 GMT -5
Himishi Haruka
Himishi Haruka Avatar
groupnull
age 17 years old birthday 7/21 rank Chūnin occupation ANBU Operative
[googlefont="Fleur De Leah"]

Himishi Haruka

The Kunoichi was at a loss what to teach Jou, it's not like he was dumb or incompetent. Jou just needed time, everyone learned at their own pace and everyone can only easily learn one thing or the other. Her gifted intelligence was more of a curse, unlike Jou, she didn't need to work as hard to get where she is, and if she applied herself, well, Jou wouldn't feel like he was growing with her growth but running to catch up. Regardless, he claimed he was growing in his ability because of her teachings, because she taught him in a way both easy to digest and fun to take part of. He was happy to announce he'd often reflect on them. It made Haruka's skin tone redden, she wasn't really sure how to feel about this.

He suggested that Haruka should consider becoming an Academy Teacher, said suggestion only went to clear the very color on her. The Himishi felt while she could help others greatly, she'd only be holding herself back. She watched curiously with a cant of her head, he seemed to have a suggestion in his mind but it eluded him. Or so it seemed. The Himishi nodded when Jou landed on the topic of his reflexes and Haruka started to reach to unfasten her weights. However, she stopped when Jou brought up another really, really good point.

The male Himishi brought up how they could work on it another time, how she really cherished naps. Haruka's eyes watered up as she went out to hold her cousin in a hug. "You know me so damn well, I couldn't be more proud!" The Kunoichi pulled away from her embrace, wiping her tears as she nodded. "You're right, we can work on that later, it's better to take these lessons in digestible sizes." The girl had the brightest smile on her face as she waved goodbye. "I'm a bit tired, I'm going to take a nap."

Haruka nodded at the boy before turning around, making her way to her dorm. Her bed was calling her name.

SA(s) Utilized:
Tomekenzangan (Tōzasō) | All-Seeing Eye of the Present
Haruka achieved both the rare dōjutsu and the even rarer Tōzasō state of the eye. Being a direct evolution of Iwakusō, boons of both can be accessed by the Genin. With crystal clarity, the girl is capable of recalling information and memories down to a surreal level. As if she could live in it, it also grants her capabilities to look through memories and implant her own or even reconstruct the other's memory through the use of clan jutsu. It can also gives her great ability of her own intelligence locked behind the eye. From the Tōzasō aspect, Haruka attains a great level of perception both in tacking and reading any given situation, exponentially increasing strategic or investigating abilities. The strongest boon is the ability to track movement from both powerups granted by the past and present eye. Every minute detail is tracked at great speeds for Haruka.

Unnatural Intelligence
Even before the Tomekenzangan, the girl has always had an almost metahuman intelligence, able to decipher a large number of details in seconds and map out events with marks like a video into the event. The Genin is even capable of quick, logical thought, all while maintaining a long term-memory of the details. Boosted by the Dōjutsu's passive effects, the girl's ability to recall and process new information increases exponentially. Every cognitive ability is boosted allowing the girl to process and retain much information new or old. Haruka easily surpasses genius levels thanks to both the great boons of her blood and her eyes.

Weighted Training: Reflexive Combat:
After a routine set by Rentaro and further enforced by Haruka, the girl has developed a weaker but enhanced physical trait in two areas, the first being her reflexes to aid in the reactive abilities her Tomekenzangan cues. The second is more of a nimble body to evade larger actions with a nimble intricacy similar to that of a freshly minted acrobatic shinobi. As time progresses, she will have more of a boost, albeit half of that of a dedicated boon in either area.

Jutsu(s) Utilized:

Equipment Utilized:
04 | Body conditioning weights (1 per limb) {Continuous)
Necro has written 262 posts
Domino EffectApr 6, 2022 12:46:45 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
age 18 years old birthday June 12 rank Adv. Genin occupation
The joke Jou made got a reaction out of Haruka that he was not honestly expecting. The moment he saw those little tears build up in her eyes, Jou's expression nearly shifted to a concerned one. He was seconds away from asking her what was wrong...but then he was brought into another embrace. The words she said next calmed Jou down, fortunately, making him sigh lightly in relief. "Geez, it's just a nap, Haruka-senpai." Jou chuckled lightly before hugging his cousin in return. Whether it was a joke or not, Jou really did know Haruka well, and he confidently believes that she knows him well too...

After that, Jou nodded as well. Haruka was right after all about needing to take time with these lessons...even if part of this is fueled by her just wanting to take a nap...which Jou will honestly find amusing. "Yeah, you earned it." Jou claimed with another nod and a small grin.

Jou waved back at Haruka before she turned to leave, and once she was gone, the teen's grin turned into a small smile. "Never change...Haruka-senpai." Jou muttered to himself.

Jou thought of leaving the training grounds as well, maybe take a nap or something too...but then he looked back over at the grounds, still having enough energy in him. "Eh...I can still go a bit longer." Jou muttered to himself as he prepared to continue training a little more. He may be overworking himself a little...but Jou was determined to not only have the other Himishi, especially his parents recognize him...but to stand up there as Haruka's equal. Nothing was going to break the bond he has built with her...

Nothing...

last edit by Himishi Jou on Apr 6, 2022 12:48:13 GMT -5
[REDACTED] has written 254 posts

quick reply

compose a reply