Between foggy, hazy and misty paths [Closed/Ikana]

compose a reply
Between foggy, hazy and misty paths [Closed/Ikana]Mar 6, 2022 15:55:53 GMT -5
Wahei
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
age "15" years old birthday "September 28th" rank Chūnin occupation Iryō (Medic); Ne; 'Scientific'
"Between foggy , hazy and misty paths ".
"When ideas evaporate, when shapes fade and forms lose their integrity, our imagination can create an outlandish setting and convert everything into a hazy, misty Turner landscape.
Erik Pevernagie ("Back garden of a dream")”

Person of interest.

Wahei was enchanted by Ikana. And somehow they have gone through quite curious and specific moments since the beginning of the Chunin Exams. She was a young girls from the Mist in the Water Land. He was a synthetic human from the Fire Land, trained by her enemies from the leaf village. And yet somehow, they managed to have had this persistent push from fate on having each other close.

Ikana already was in a high concept for him, specially because of their previous interaction, but one particular moment during the events of round 2 made that estimation skyrocketing and lead Wahei to look for her after the outcomes were disclosed, in the break between round 2 and 3 preparation. That very thing was the Kirigakure no Jutsu. A technique that was name with her village's name. Something he desired to learn.

He went towards her, approaching naturally based on he had learned from Haruka. It was polite that he compliment her and ask gently. Even though the voices in his head were already steaming, he would have to ignore them for now the best as he can - Good morning, Taicho. Would you like to take breakfast with me again? - he crossed his hands in his back. In spite having this urge for talking to her, he indeed enjoyed her company and was kind of learning how to deal with people thanks to Haruka and previous experiences.

"From the very moment we're thrown into this world, we're fated to bring each other nothing but pain, suffering and misery. I was also blindly obsessed with a trivial and irrational need for vengeance. But I was left behind. Alone. Forgotten. Abandoned. Forsaken. But now, the fog has been truly lifted. One can never run from its ghosts. And that’s exactly all that I am. A lost memory. An undying shadow, in this world of light. From now on, I’ll have to live up to this semi-charmed kind of life. Regardless of this phantom pain. This is my fate. This is my Destiny. It’s not the light which will guide us through the darkness, but the darkness that shall guide us through the light. Never forget. Always remember."

Ra-Ri-Ru-Re-Ro (らりるれろ).

Kirigakure no Jutsu ! ! !
- Path full of restrictions -
]
[242 Words]
last edit by Wahei on Apr 4, 2022 9:19:57 GMT -5
MissingNo has written 491 posts
Between foggy, hazy and misty paths [Closed/Ikana]Mar 7, 2022 13:15:33 GMT -5
Miyamoto Ikana
Miyamoto Ikana Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday January 7th, -2 SD rank Chuunin occupation Operations Team 2
Kirigakure no Jutsu. A jutsu that was treasured as a hidden and secret technique by the shinobi of her village. Also a technique that had never left their village's hands. After all, it was a vital jutsu that was pivotal in keeping their hidden village well...hidden. Ikana during this time of reprieve had been preparing for the exams, usually in private, while also fulfilling orders for her seal shop so she wasn't losing on profit, especially when there were bills and taxes to be paid, regardless on if she was a genin or not. Awkwardly, in this time, she hadn't felt like much changed.

She was seemingly still her, going by, and while she had experienced near hardship, nearly dying to poison, and a treacherous mountain trek that had left her desiring comfort and relaxation, she had still felt like Ikana. The problem was, Ikana didn't really feel like it was good to be her. She didn't seem to derive much joy, and anyone that knew her would realize that her soft and happy demeanor was just a front, something for someone to see on the surface with other people. Alone, she often preoccupied herself with labor, work, and distractions that would keep her from her own thoughts. Which was why when Wahei knocked, it was surprising.

Why? Because she never thought that Wahei cared enough about her that he would come to visit her again beyond the second exam. As she saw his goofy, somewhat confusing person, and asking her for breakfast again at that, Ikana smiled up at him, but it was halfhearted at best. "Of course!" She calls out, closing her eyes as she walks with him, though she responds back after the little inside joke is made. "You don't need to call me Taicho anymore." She didn't feel adequate, or natural being called something so prestigious, and so meaningful. It didn't feel right in the slightest.

Ikana had dark rings under her eyes, perhaps from restlessness, perhaps from some form of exertion, and as she sat with him, with whatever food was being served that morning, she proceeded to think about the other competition that remained. She thought about the struggle that they had all endured so far, and then thought to her future and what she would be doing in the near future. She realized more than ever how badly she wanted to be Chunin now, not just for her career, but for the opportunities that it could create, and further autonomy. Something that was very important for her, regardless of what her age was. "So...Why is it you wanted to invite me to eat with you?" It was a simple and innocent question.

Though, the way Ikana worded it, it almost made it seem as if she was questioning there was no reason why he would, or as if there was some sort of underlying motive, almost accusatory in its delivery. "I'm not really that interesting of a person. You know." 
dandead10 has written 642 posts
Between foggy, hazy and misty paths [Closed/Ikana]Mar 7, 2022 14:05:10 GMT -5
Wahei
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
age "15" years old birthday "September 28th" rank Chūnin occupation Iryō (Medic); Ne; 'Scientific'
"between foggy , hazy and misty paths ".
"Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Scolding a charming 'pessimist' youngster.

Ikana was something charming in Wahei's opinion, because he could felt something that probably most don't about her being at where she was at such young age. But there was more in that, actually, that he'd probably find out in another moment. When she said that he shouldn't calle her Taicho, the boy's expression got somewhat serious, respectful, but no agreeing - Of course, but I'll always remind of you as my CE Taicho. - and he cracked that wide smile of his. - But I do respect your call, mate.

She accepted his invite and that was something good. But the question she made right afterwards put another heavy tone in the conversation, and that's something that made Wahei himself question his interests over her, but right away shaking his head to make a stand - Look. I won't lie. I came here with a specific purpose - he admitted - But now apparently you gave me a second one. This is not the first time you do this and I just have to ask because I care about you: - he took a quite pause for the cause letting the energy and intensity of his care spread the moment - Why do you undermine yourself so much? - I mean - since the very moment I bumped you during the welcoming committee - yeah, he still thought that was his fault - I've been thrilled about you not only because you look cute, but because I can see this amazing energy thing in your eyes and I've get the chance to know that you are one of the most promising and strongest kunoichis I've ever met! - there was no way he could be lying by the much as his eyes were shining. Figures, he wasn't. And there was no thing such hesitation in his looks, speech or attitude. That was Wahei in his most pure form speaking out loud his genuine thoughts - And if I came here with this purpose is not because of simple cold interest, but because I trust and high estimate you enough to help me out with my future as an Iryo - he somewhat snorted in some serious way that was very rare to seen in Wahei. But at the same time, his position was soft and warming, showing that he really cared about her and didn't like the idea of her diminishing herself like that. - Eating is something vital for human beings, but special for you as I noted last time we met. If I didn't want the best for you I'd simply made my question and leave. But here we are heading to have a great meal together because that's what friends are suppose to do. Don't you agree? - he seemed to be completely unaware to everything that would imply by the word "friends" being used for a leaf and a misty ninja.

"From the very moment we're thrown into this world, we're fated to bring each other nothing but pain, suffering and misery. I was also blindly obsessed with a trivial and irrational need for vengeance. But I was left behind. Alone. Forgotten. Abandoned. Forsaken. But now, the fog has been truly lifted. One can never run from its ghosts. And that’s exactly all that I am. A lost memory. An undying shadow, in this world of light. From now on, I’ll have to live up to this semi-charmed kind of life. Regardless of this phantom pain. This is my fate. This is my Destiny. It’s not the light which will guide us through the darkness, but the darkness that shall guide us through the light. Never forget. Always remember."

Ra-Ri-Ru-Re-Ro (らりるれろ).

]
[491 Words]
last edit by Wahei on Apr 4, 2022 9:20:19 GMT -5
Between foggy, hazy and misty paths [Closed/Ikana]Mar 7, 2022 14:49:05 GMT -5
Miyamoto Ikana
Miyamoto Ikana Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday January 7th, -2 SD rank Chuunin occupation Operations Team 2
He said a lot of things that she wasn't expecting to be honest. The first and foremost was why she undercut herself. Why she brought herself down in a sense. She'd been doing a lot of thinking over these past weeks, and with it, she proceeded to sit down with him, proceeded to look up at the ceiling for a little bit, and then back down to the ground. She didn't really know how to feel. "I guess it's because I never really thought my life was worth anything, and I was kind of validated that. A little while back." She responds, lightly kicking her legs back and forth. She gives a small smirk to herself when voicing that out loud.

Smiling at that, with her eyes closed, so he didn't need to see how tired she really was, or how depressed those eyes might actually be. It was just easier to smile and tell people she was fine, pretend to be bubbly than deal with telling the truth to others, and especially telling the truth to herself. Because frankly, if she had to think about it too much, delve into it too much, she might have just leapt off a cliff somewhere, and might have just ended it. Then again, considering the first exam, that was a lie. She was a coward. She was too cowardly to let the poison do its work, so why the hell would she believe she could take her own life?

She was just a stupid kid. "I'm not really anybody. I was-am an orphan. No parents, or anyone to really guide me or teach me when I was younger. I became a ninja because it was the only path I could see for me, and because my village needed more of them, after the civil war, and disasters. A path where they'd train me, give me a small amount of money every month. Where I wouldn't starve. Where my life might mean something, even if I was a no name orphan. Even if I was one of hundreds. Thousands." She notes, sharing her experience.

"I struggled. A lot. Coming from no background, with no family to teach me anything. No clan. No special powers. No sensei or team to guide me. All I had were the basics, and I made mistakes in teaching myself. Until I was given something. Given something precious, and told that with it, I'd be beyond something. I could be worth something. That my life could be worth more than it was. Then, they took it from me. Now, I'm just me. They left me after they took back what they gave. Crippled. Alone. Worse than I was before. Now I'm back to where I started." She proceeded to state, and with it, she still had that bright smile plastered on her face, eyes shut, and she spoke as if to not lure the eyes and ears of others. As if to not shame herself, or others with her sour history.

"It's hard to think good about yourself after that. And I think it's easier to just give up trying..."
last edit by Miyamoto Ikana on Mar 8, 2022 8:22:38 GMT -5
Between foggy, hazy and misty paths [Closed/Ikana]Mar 11, 2022 12:56:30 GMT -5
Wahei
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
"between foggy , hazy and misty paths ".
You can only understand people if you feel them in yourself.”
John Steinbeck

Bond.

Ikana words hurt Wahei so hard that he totally forgot the reason he went look for her in the first place. His eyes watered right in her first phrase. How could she say that she was no one? In Wahei eyes, she was thrilling and amazing. But she didn't see it that way.

Paying closer attention now, Wahei could effective connect with the burden attached to his soul. And that hurt him even deeply, but he was there for her now. And yet being a medic, he knew quite few about healing people's mind. The only thing he could do for now was hold on, listen to her and let her talk. Because talking is the first step to healing - so the books said. - Why do you think and say those things? - he asked, listening and showing his interest and attention empathically.

When she finished, the boy shook his head, holding a gentle smile in his face highlighted by that watered eyes. Rubbing a sole tear that rolled through his face, the boy said - I don't know the specifics of your past, and what exactly have been taken from you, but I can clearly see now that you have been through a lot. - he said, sobbing slightly, but with a gentle tone - At some point someone or perhaps something told you that you're worthless. - his tone drowned in sorrow - But the real tragedy is that you allowed to get yourself convinced. - he lay his hands in the girls shoulder. - If you could just see what I see, you'd probably change your mind in a blink of an eye. - he widened a enthusiastic smile. - Do you want to talk more about what happened to you? We could get somewhere else should you need. - I mean - I'm all ears. - and he had indeed totally forgot the reason that lead him to look for her. But that was fine. A friend in need is always a priority.

Ra-Ri-Ru-Re-Ro (らりるれろ).

]
[340 Words]
last edit by Wahei on Apr 4, 2022 9:20:37 GMT -5
Between foggy, hazy and misty paths [Closed/Ikana]Mar 11, 2022 14:03:23 GMT -5
Miyamoto Ikana
Miyamoto Ikana Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
She didn't seem nearly as emotional as Wahei was when he began to tear up. Instead, she looked at him with wide eyes, as if wondering why in the world he'd cry for her. Though, when he said that someone told her that she was worthless, that her life was worth little, it wasn't as if it was a one time thing. It was most of her life. "I let myself be convinced? No...I think it's that I always believed that. Because it's the truth." She was expendable, she knew that, a dime a dozen kind of Shinobi. The kind that had their uses perhaps, but by no means was an asset that was indispensable, or even valuable in the grand scheme of things. She was once that. Now she wasn't. That was the thing that haunted her.

He opened himself up to talk more, placing his hands on her shoulder, and she felt awkward. She wasn't sure if she should feel touched, or patronized. What he was thinking in his mind for sure. So instead, she did what she always did. She ran away from her problem, deflected, and focused on other things. "Let's...just do whatever it is you wanted to do." She interjects, her eyes averted to the floor again, before she shakes her head. "I don't want to think about it anymore." She sounded stern in her decision, and frankly, she would rather bottle that feeling up, lock it in a vault, and maybe time to time passive aggressively remember it so she could never forget that feeling of self loathing.

Or at least until she'd explode. Let it all out in a fiery rage and inferno that would swallow herself. That was the kind of person Ikana came to be. The kind of person who didn't want to burden anyone, and yet saw herself as a perpetual burden. It was a contradictory sort of relationship, and one she was imposing on herself, because Ikana had never learned to love herself. "So...you umm...said you wanted me for something." She says, lightly kicking Wahei lightly along the side of his leg, her cheeks slightly puffed up as she seemed to be in a somber mood than before. 
Between foggy, hazy and misty paths [Closed/Ikana]Mar 14, 2022 13:58:49 GMT -5
Wahei
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
"Between foggy, hazy and misty paths ".
"You will never know the power of yourself until someone hurts you badly.” - Unknown

Fool.

It doesn't mattered how hard Wahei tried to show Ikana his perspective of whom she is. She had craved into her mind that she was worthless. Albeit knowing that it wasn't truth, Wahei felt a deeply sorrow for not being able to proof her otherwise. - I still think you're wrong! - he said quite firmly, but sighted - Even though I'm not in position of convincing anyone of anything... - his voice sorrowed as the boy stared nothing with a quite sad hollowness in his eyes. 

That subjected was some sort of sensitive spot, which make sense, since it throw Ikana out of her auto pilot and force her to think about the consequences of it all. She wanted to take the easier road tho and keep ignoring that toxic deadly poison inside of her. - I respect you decision, mate - he said, after a while in silent - I should warn you though that doing nothing about your feelings and to what caused it in the first place will not only private you from the joys of life, but also condemn you to a life time in this auto pilot mode full of hollowness - he said frankly, with a sad wisely tone, giving an intentional pause - And the worst part is that you will not be able to prevent it to happen to others like us - he didn't jumped into details of his life, but in a certain way, he could relate for being somewhat of an orphan. And the fear rising from loneliness was devastating.

- You know.. One day I'll come across those political barriers and become someone capable of walks through countries to help people in every aspect they need. First aid, mental health care, supplies, and all the humanitarian help they should need. I want to teach the weakest to get stronger and how to deal with the vile ferocity of this world. - he said now with a thoughtful tone. He had never think about the future in that way before, and it kind of surprise him as much as it probably would to anyone else.

The silent of the end of discussion created some sort of awkward sensation that leaded Ikana to ask the reason he went look for her. Snapping out of his own thoughts, he startled - Oh! - he let it escape - Sure! - but eventually get back to what lead him there. - Remember when we got chased by that man during the round 2? - I mean - How to forget that, right? - a rhetorical question - Anyways, he was coming to you but you cast this totally awesome Suiton with your village's name in it - a thoughtful expression to get it straight - 'Hidden in the Mist technique' [Kirigakure no Jutsu], I think, isn't it? - his eyes shined throwing back to the moment as if he could live that again - I mean - I could really use a technique like that, y'know? The way you did that to avoid combat really called my attention. That'd certainly improving my chances in never having to kill again, y'know? - a different but yet emotional tone get back into his voice - Would you mind teaching me that jutsu? - it got kind obvious where he was heading to, even though it was also quite obvious that he didn't understood the magnitude of what he had just requested, albeit there wasn't malicious in his desire, except for that evident extremely naive nature that really make him look dumb.

Ra-Ri-Ru-Re-Ro (らりるれろ).

]
[599 Words]
last edit by Wahei on Apr 4, 2022 9:27:53 GMT -5
Between foggy, hazy and misty paths [Closed/Ikana]Mar 28, 2022 0:56:14 GMT -5
Miyamoto Ikana
Miyamoto Ikana Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
Young Ikana listened to Wahei and for a moment had to legitimately ask herself and then him the question. "What is there to be joyous over?" She asks in a slight high pitched squeak. It could be interpreted as Ikana being cynical, or legitimately asking Wahei what he found joy of in life. Something that was deep for her. However, when he warned her about how this choice might condemn her to a lifetime of hollow emptiness, Ikana responds with, "That's fine. I already have a way out." She never intended on living long anyways. Though…

Moving from that, Wahei mentioned the reason for their agenda meeting. "It's a hidden technique. I can't." She seemed to somber a bit, before explaining further. "The Kirigakure no Jutsu is a Jutsu that's vital for the defense of my village, and is a closely guarded secret that only Shinobi from our village are allowed to learn. It'd be a crime to let that technique fall to anyone else's hands." She hoped that he could understand that, considering Wahei seemed to be a kindhearted and good spirited boy. However, that didn't mean she couldn't teach him more about its general information. Nothing that wouldn't be deemed uncommon knowledge in Kirigakure perhaps would suffice.

"It's a jutsu that creates thick rolling mist that surrounds an area. So thick is this mist that stories say you can't even see your own hands. A favored jutsu by assassins. Though. It has its own drawbacks." Ikana proceeded to pause for a moment as she momentarily snaps a pair of chopsticks and flips them towards her newfound friend. "While I can't teach it to you. I can at least give you a demonstration. If you have the time after we eat. If not. Maybe something else. I know plenty of other Jutsu."
last edit by Miyamoto Ikana on Apr 23, 2022 6:14:21 GMT -5
Between foggy, hazy and misty paths [Closed/Ikana]Apr 4, 2022 9:42:44 GMT -5
Wahei
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good.”
Thomas Paine, Rights of Man

The Proposal.

Wahei was still sad about Ikana perception of life. But he had learned from Haruka that sometimes, people just got to find their own way. The boy kept his warming smile to her either way. Perhaps one day he can manage to find a way to heal people's mind.

But the subject changed to Wahei's question about the Kirigakure no Jutsu. When Ikana explained that she could get into trouble if she teach the jutsu to him, Wahei blushed and waved his hands - Oh my! I'm so sorry - he face palmed - This is so obvious, you dumb - he talked to himself - I mean - It's not my intention to cross a line or get you any trouble - a sweat drop rolled from his temper.

Even so, Ikana followed explaining him what would be 'general information' about the jutsu. Wahei paid close attention, nodding to her explanation. - OH! - he jumped in excitement - I'd love to see a demonstration! - I mean - If it don't get you any trouble of course. - he said enthusiastically - Actually, as Suiton user's, I think we can exchange a lot of information. - he cracked a wide smile to her. Wahei was close to finish his meal already but he would not rush Ikana, specially because he had learned how eating was important to her.

Ra-Ri-Ru-Re-Ro (らりるれろ).

]
[232 Words]
last edit by Wahei on Apr 4, 2022 9:45:26 GMT -5
Between foggy, hazy and misty paths [Closed/Ikana]Apr 18, 2022 3:44:06 GMT -5
Miyamoto Ikana
Miyamoto Ikana Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
He said he wanted to learn her jutsu, and for that reason, that was enough for her. She would take him to a training ground of which to see the jutsu done after they ate. A misty morning. Getting a little bit of distance, she takes a deep breath, recalling the jutsu she had come to learn and utilize from time to time. "Kirigakure no Jutsu. A jutsu that creates a dense and thick fog that is impossible to see through, and difficult to dispel. Especially in Kirigakure, the place where my village reigns. One of its most well guarded secrets, and one of its most useful jutsu in defending our home." Clapping her hands together, she swiftly weaves through the seals, and she closes her eyes, focusing on the air and water about herself.

"Hiden...Kirigakure no Jutsu." With it, the signature sound of the jutsu trigger fills the air, filling it with an eerie whir as the mist begins to roll, thicken, with her right arm extended high ito the air, filling the area with what might seem to be an aura of dread and lostness. Wahei might find that with the jutsu cast, he would be unable to see even his hand in front of his face as the thickness came to its full conclusion. From there, the voice of Ikana would call out, though seemingly echoing off into the distance.

"A jutsu that obscures vision. Thus...it's important to be skilled in masking one's presence, and honing one's other senses. Unless of course, you have a special jutsu that allows you to detect despite this." Which Wahei would happen to have with the Byakugan. However, with a shift, a clone of Ikana pops into existence nearby her, stepping off nearby, of which to create more disturbance. Another call. "It's a useful jutsu, and can be used to make a swift retreat. Or...to push the attack." 
Between foggy, hazy and misty paths [Closed/Ikana]Apr 21, 2022 15:22:21 GMT -5
Wahei
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
"That is what learning is.
You suddenly understand something you’ve understood all your life,
but in a new way.”

- Doris Lessing.

The Hidden Mist.

Wahei paid close attention to what Ikana had to say. When they finished their meal, both of them would walk towards a training camp. Wahei was clearly excited by the possibility of learning more about the jutsu and, in case, about Suiton usage from another village member perspective - specially being from Kirigakure.

Ikana started to explain the jutsu and Wahei took a deep breath. He'd make sure he wouldn't miss a thing. His veins popped out as she started the explanation. Watching her chakra flow and the way it flowed would help him to improve his own techniques, despite understanding beyond the words the technique. - "Amazing" - he was sincerely amused.

"This jutsu will be a nice ace on our sleeve, eh?" - "No. I won't try to develop it because it could mean trouble to Ikana-san." - "What? So why are you wasting time here?" - "The way she controls her chakra flow, I can learn from it and improve my own techniques just by observing the way she manipulates it" - "I told ya', Pride, he is pathetic." - "This time I'll have to agree with you, Envy."

Ikana made a clone of herself. Like Shigure, the girl could make real clones of herself. A technique called Kage Bunshin no Jutsu. - Acknowledge. This is quite impressive and useful for your medical unities, right? - He kept his eye on both Ikana's, but also used his 'regular' eye to check on the thickness of the mist. The question was merely rhetorical.

His chakra then started concentrating in his hands and flowing through a large part of the foggy area - But it's less effective if your opponent is a Suiton user, it seems - Wahei's chakra spread throughout and started to merging with the watery property with the mist, allowing him to create several water clones, more than he used make.

Following the same principle, he'd also make hand seals and cast Kani Tsume, a suiton technique that allowed him to make large swirling watery crab claws as extension of his own hands. - Normally, making this many clones and using Kani Tsume consumes quite more chakra than it did now, because I managed to inflow my chakra through the water in your mist, comprising it's thickness and quality, albeit it is yet pretty hard to see inside of it without 'alternative' resources - he added, showing his chakra control skill and, of course, part of his byakugan abilities. - Thank you so much, Ikana-san! With your help, I might get able to create an inspired technique made of medical chakra. Picture a large green misty that might range heal people, helping them to feel better just by breathing in the mist! - he popped out his clones and claw. 

He cracked a large smile. - You're able to control when mists dissipate, I assume. - he said, keeping the smile at his face. Waiting for her demonstration. Wahei was thrilled by everything he was learning, feeling like a studying session and training day during the CE.

Ra-Ri-Ru-Re-Ro (らりるれろ).

]
[514 Words]
Between foggy, hazy and misty paths [Closed/Ikana]Apr 21, 2022 20:09:55 GMT -5
Miyamoto Ikana
Miyamoto Ikana Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
When she listened to Wahei begin to reason out the usefulness of the jutsu, and its potential exploitations, Ikana would correct him, at least, in areas of her perspective. "Perhaps, but you would find that Kirigakure is already a place that is easy to perform Suiton in. There's already naturally thick rolling fogs, and our nation is an island with water all around us. Though. You are right. The mist is ours to command." Lowering her opposite arm to her chest, she forms the ram seal, and with it, she dispels her jutsu. Though, she was interested in the idea that the medic before her was so well versed in Suiton techniques.

Even ones that she herself didn't know yet. Though, she'd add this idea. "I imagine it'd be more efficient if you learned to make poison gas with it instead." She says truthfully. "You can't use a healing technique like that effectively on the field. Not without potentially healing enemies. Unless you're off on a field hospital somewhere. But most medical ninja don't have such a luxury." That idea made clear, Ikana took a deep breath as she stepped forward, putting chakra to the soles of her feet.

"I've never been gifted with the chance to have a very wide arsenal of jutsu. It's always been a struggle to learn new techniques due to circumstances. This jutsu. The Kirigakure no Jutsu. It was a technique my sister taught me." She spoke with a seeming reminiscence in her voice when speaking about the subject. "So...considering we have a lot of time between us. If you'd teach me some jutsu, I'd be happy to teach you a few that I know too. Trade knowledge for knowledge." That seemed like something she'd like to do, and it gave her an excuse to spend more time with a ninja from another village. To train with someone. 

Potentially build more bonds, and talk. If not about each other and their lives, then about their training. 
Between foggy, hazy and misty paths [Closed/Ikana]Apr 23, 2022 5:22:23 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
"Live or die, just do it well.
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday August 5, 1007 rank Elite Jounin occupation Mizukage
I would know him in death
At the end of the world

The chunin exams were a heavily monitored event, this one more than ever after what happened to the Mizukage at an exams. There were guards everywhere, standing, watching, listening. So, Wahei and Ikana too were being watched. At first, there was nothing much to their discussion, but soon the attention of one guard was piqued at the start of a discussion regarding a secret village technique.

This guard became suspicious when the two finished their meal and went outside to a public training ground. He would explain the situation to a guard nearby why he would be following the two though he was undoubtedly masked and an expert in blending in, the genin would not be capable of noticing the jounin.

The training grounds too had plenty of guards. Nothing went unmonitored after all and so when the demonstration and teaching began they would be noticed, immediately.

At first, the guards were going to give them the benefit of the doubt, but Wahei's chakra signature lighting up from his Byakugan usage gave an indication that this was not just a little spar or anything of that sort, it was a bit more especially with the words exchanged.

In a flash, two jounin guards descended upon the genin - one upon Ikana, the other upon Wahei - grabbing them firmly by the shoulder in an almost vice grip. Even worse, it seemed that the guards that had been around had now disappeared to notify others.

"You both are in a mighty bit of trouble," The guard holding onto Wahei stated - both masked their identities were obscured, the one holding onto Ikana yanked at her pretty hard.

"You should know better than to give away a secret jutsu to an enemy shinobi."

Though Wahei was in no better shape, as he was also committing a crime, his transgression could be considered a form of espionage during a neutral event.

"You two are being detained, come willingly or face greater repercussions."

Though treason and espionage were already quite horrible crimes to be charged with.

A discussion was had among staff: the actions of this thread are too obvious/blatant to not be noticed by the plethora of guards stationed throughout the village the exams are taking place in (not ONLY the exams themselves but literally everywhere any participants might be) as noted they are watching every move of the participants and their escorts.

What does this mean?
Both characters are being detained for their actions and cannot return to their villages.
Both characters have their threads from this point onward nulled, which means an incompletion of the exams due to detainment.
This detainment occurs unless both genin attempt to fight or run out of the village, however, this decision will most likely lead to both characters' deaths.
In Wahei's case, he must wait for a response from Hokage.
In Ikana's case, she must wait for transport to prison for her trial.

Han has written 2,374 posts
Between foggy, hazy and misty paths [Closed/Ikana]Apr 23, 2022 6:26:59 GMT -5
Miyamoto Ikana
Miyamoto Ikana Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
Considering the approach of the Shinobi that appeared, Ikana raised her eyebrow for a momentary, especially when they held her with a vice grip, her eye twitching in pain for the momentary, before she proceeds to look at the situation. "I didn't "give away" a jutsu to an enemy Shinobi. I gave him a demonstration of how the technique. A technique he's already seen once before." She responded in a meek manner, before then emphasizing. "I even told him I couldn't teach him the technique specifically because it's a village hidden jutsu. So I didn't show him how to perform the handseals or anything along that line." Looking to defuse the situation, she didn't seem combative in any sense.

"As for what I told him, it's only information that generally anyone would already know." That said, Ikana seemed resigned to the whole situation. She wasn't really the fiery sort, and assuming they were going to take her into custody anyways,  which they seemed like they were going to, she slowly hands over whatever meager belongings she had, and then held out her hands to be taken in peacefully. Perhaps what the Shinobi heard might have sounded a bit bad, but if only they were there for the entire thing. This was just her luck. Wasn't it? Just another thing one might suppose to a growing list of regrets.

Like being born. Fuck, wasn't there anything in life for her to be happy over anymore? 
last edit by Miyamoto Ikana on Apr 23, 2022 6:28:42 GMT -5
Between foggy, hazy and misty paths [Closed/Ikana]May 7, 2022 17:03:13 GMT -5
Wahei
Wahei Avatar
groupnull
All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Edmund Burke

There is no greater tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of the law and in the name of justice.
- Montesquieu

The best is yet to come!

Wahei nodded to Ikana's considerations over his initial appointments. Even though it make sense, Wahei didn't agreed or perhaps understood plenty of what she meant. But the much of learning he had already, specially related to Suiton usage and manipulation was something outstanding by nature.

The boy chuckled when she mentioned that he should use poison gas - Is that hard to believe when I said I'm a pacifist and have no intention on harming others? - he cracked a smile, but then taking a more serious expression - Actually these concept is a real technique and it's quite famous among medic ninjas. - he admitted - But I refused to learn it since I didn't want to harm people - his tone were natural but honest.

Ikana consideration over how he could use a medical healing technique surprised Wahei. - You seem to know it pretty well. I knew you were amazing. - he smiled - Yeah, you have a point here, but I'm pretty confident I'll come up with a solution. - there was something in Wahei's body language that invite's people to trust him. His genuine kindness was something very rare in the ninja world. - Not that I'd refuse to save an enemy's life if I had the chance, though, as long as they are under control and not represent a threat to my teammates. I'd save anyone's life no matter what. - wouldn't be a first time. But that was Wahei.

Wahei sighed when she mentioned she wanted a trade, but patiently he cracked a gentle smile for her - I've told that I have no intention in making this one way road. I'm up to share my knowledge as long as it doesn't get you any trouble. - his tone were firm, but his look and expression were kind. Ikana must have been through a lot considering how she was suspicious over people. - So yes! I willing to shar... - speaking in trouble.

A glance of danger crossed his spine, and all of sudden a Wahei's body get held and grabbed into a vice grip. The boy's arm ripped off as the body himself started to melt. A kawarimi for a quick replacement with a body of water.  Ikana was submitted to a even worse treatment but she didn't had the same luck. Two jonin's from Kiri decided to step-in into their training.

Wahei didn't mentioned anything, although worried with Ikana in pain. A quick look in the surrounding and he noticed guards mobilizating. The situation were bad. But what was happening? Hopefully, they decided to talk. Wahei's eyebrow frowned, clearly confused to what exactly were they talking about. But Ikana was the first to talk. Albeit his guts were screaming to help her, that was the kind of situation that acting without proper thinking would end up bad.

The girl's strategy rely on reasonableness. But unfortunately, guards were not paid to be reasonable. They were like dogs ordered to hunt. And they were hunting. - Sorry, Ikana-san, I didn't mean to cause you any trouble - he raised his hands in a sign of comply and truce, especially considering the guard's threat - I won't offer any resistance. But the alard your fellow comrades are doing around here will certainly be noticed by Konoha's representative. - he said, with a worried tone - I don't want anyone to get harmed here so, please, don't hurt her and... There's no need to use force nor violence since we are going to comply. Ok? - he bent to the guard showing respect, but also asking for proper treatment to both him and Ikana. As said, Wahei had this natural and genuine kind nature so even under that situation, he didn't want Konoha and Kiri to start a fight. Especially with him as a motive.

"So we are just surrendering to their demands? We need to stand and fight!" - "Boy's no match for a Jonin, picture this much of them. Plus there others gathering around" - "No need to worry about casualties under quite omniscience surveillance, eh?" - "They are making this scene to steal the eye, aren't them?" - "Well they are not crazy enough to just frame us with perjury or false accusation, are they? - I mean - they can't be serious on comparing what they were doing to charge them with crime wars like treason and espionage, right?" - "I'm afraid they would, love, albeit they seem to have been around for a while, they don't seem to give a single shit to the fact Wahei's intention to not get the little-lady into trouble" - "This was all masterminded! Why do you think they have put enemies together in the first place? They want something like this to happen to earn leverage! They expected people to make bonds so they could rip it out of them!" - "And what would you expect from this fucked up world of ours? Justice? Democracy? - K'eh! - They're going to throw us to rotten in a god forsaken solitaire cell and have a bunch of self-centered selfish tyrans to decide over our fate. And don't expect diplomatic treatment or proper trial as well. This system is made only to feed their shitty ambition. - I mean - they would bend and turn back time a long with whole fucking existence rules to get what they want." - "This sounds dirty even to me. Never heard Sloth talk this much, though." - "Sometimes, Greed, even I have to stand. When the law is lawless, forget about due process. Forget about right of a defense, public disclosure or any guarantee. In the terrain of arbitrary, the system is built to benefit the tyrans hiding from the tablecloth. Our only choice here is prepare to war with all we got." - "I'm really down for it! We have waited long enough. Si vis pacem, para bellum!" - "You fools. Haven't any of you heard what the boy just said? Starting a mess here would only make things worse. Fear will never comply to fight and getting others harmed, specially considering a retaliation from the Leaf. Furthermore, Shinsuke has someone here who has more than an eye over the boy. We have no chance, but to comply, as Pride suggested" - "I'd never expect kindness from you. Even Wahei have said already. Our enemy and target is the ninja system. Is time for us to rise and make some real things to shake this fucked up world" - "I don't expect a spoiled brat like you to understand the major concerns behind Boss's orders. But as he said, we are going to respect the boy's decision. And we are going to comply." - "No! This time, let's call a vote. Majority decides." - "I vote to have your ass kicked" - "Let it be, Pride. My call is truce." - "Truce." - "Fight, obviously" - "Fight, too" - "I'm up for a good fight. - I mean - I'd love to add some motherfucker's life to the spoil we already have." - "My interests remains in Truceloves." - "So, I think the final call is up to you, Gluttony" -  "As much as I'd love to quench my thristy upon those douchebags' blood, I'm up to whatever Boss's says. My only hope is that food in prison is not as bad as they say. Truce." - "YOUR FATTY PIECE OF SHIT! FREAKING BASTARD! You just turned it into an execution as they want it to be" - "Eh?.. Oh, well. Not every sunday can be easter, I think".

"So what now, Boss?" - "Now we wait for a miracle. Perhaps something of this magnitude is relevant enough to call our Village's attention. Eventually they will step-in. Specially, with that man around." - "Is there anything else we can do?" - "Stay close to the kid. He might not be safe with this jerks surrounding him. Specially from the ones inside" - "You mean... らりるれろ?" - "Yes - I'll have a close talk with our prankster friend. Apparently, he really fucked it up this time. His gambling crossed a very thin, soft and dangerous line".

When the guards reached at him, Wahei walked over and complied as promised. But when he and Ikana was about to take a different, the boy said - Thank you for everything you taught me since the very moment we met, Taicho. - he cracked a gentle smile again, albeit all the bad situation - I've told ya', didn't I? It was fate whose put us together on the day you bumped me. - he winked - And I'm very grateful you did! And for having the chance of meeting you. I hope to see you again, my friend. - he cracked an even wider smile, now starting to disappearing from her sight - Don't worry, mate, 'sometimes we don't get what you want because we deserve better' - now all she could do was listen his last sentence - And the best is yet to come - Talkative to the very end. But eventually, the silent told her he was really gone. And she would also have to fight for her fate. They were separated, between foggy, hazy and misty paths.  But somehow, they were still together.

Ra-Ri-Ru-Re-Ro (らりるれろ).

]
[1567 Words]
last edit by Wahei on May 7, 2022 17:04:46 GMT -5

quick reply

compose a reply