Together at the top [Kasumi]

compose a reply
Together at the top [Kasumi]Mar 6, 2022 20:03:34 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
the price of freedom is steep
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"together at the top".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

HIGH SCORE

It had been a couple days since they had finished Round 2, and the rest was welcomed. Despite the fact that their team didn't have to actually fight during their journey, they still spent long periods of time without proper sleep or food, so the down time was definitely appreciated. He was anxious to know how he performed during that challenge. Round 1 had been good for him, even though he thought he was gonna die for sure. This time he believed he had performed well, things considered, he also felt really luck with his team. Both Ichii and Kasumi were quite capable shinobi, and were reasonable people, able to cast aside their differences for the sake of the mission. They had the maturity it took to become a Chuunin, and he was hoping both of them would pass the exams in the end.

On the second day, the results were posted by their dormitory and Shigure went on to check on it as soon as he heard about it. His heart was beating fast in anticipation, and once he reached the place where the score was posted, his white eyes quickly ran through the list, finding his name in forth position, just short from Haruka. Just below his name was Kasumi's, they had scored the same. Considering the maximum score for the round was 100, the two of them scoring 90 was pretty decent. "That was pretty good." he spoke mostly to himself. Still, despite being happy with his performance, his eyes went up to Taru and Kashiwa. The two of them were completely dominating the exams so far, so he really did need to keep his eyes on them on during round 3, considering he wasn't their opponent.

As he looked to the score, he noticed Kasumi was approaching, and without hesitation, he turned towards the girl with a large smile on his face. Shigure approached her and gave her a brief, yet respectful nod. "Kasumi-san, congratulations for the score. Our time did really well, eh?" he said in a kind and friendly tone, not making any effort to hide the satisfaction.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Between Round 2 and 3
Dormitory's Courtyard
[]
[360 words]
Ren has written 1,690 posts
Together at the top [Kasumi]Mar 13, 2022 10:22:30 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
A true justice must be served.
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday Feburary 22nd rank Chuunin occupation

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE
There is only one path left to take.

When Kasumi went to the board to check the round two scores, she wasn't going to pretend to look excited to see the Hyuuga boy there as well doing the same. At first she simply ignored him, looking at the board and spotting her name rather slowly. Reading was hardly her strong suit. 90 points for both of them, which meant the boy was still barely ahead of her. She spat to the side at the thought.

"Yeah. Seems we did alright." She put her finger on the first and second place names, narrowing her eyes. "Not well enough, maybe. These guys are good."

She couldn't help wonder what they were doing right. Or maybe what she was doing so wrong. Kasumi was hoping for first place, if she ever wanted a chance at earning Toru's respect.

"The third rounds will be our last chance to work our way up, though. Are you ready for it, Hyuuga? We won't be allies if we meet there. Out of respect for your cooperation in the second round, I won't try to take your head too hard."

She said, her hand falling to her sword.

"But I won't let you win."

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Kasumi has become known for her strange chakara form. When in a dire situation, she is capable of releasing her chakra, which in turn takes a strange color unlike the normal blue color of chakra, and takes the form of a demonic cat figure. She is then enveloped in a demon shroud.

This ability grants her a fierce looking aura, that may come off as intimidating and a tenacity to push beyond their normal limits physically- when this mode is activated, Kasumi is harder to knock out or kill and will generally fight for longer than a normal body is capable of.

Keeping this ability active has a medium drain on Kasumi's chakara.

Kenjutsu Training:
Since a young age, Kasumi has felt the weight of a sword in her hands. She's practiced combat with swords, and is able to compete with some of the best sword users around. That said, people who lack training with a sword or intensive Taijutsu tend to be overwhelmed by her skill.

Large Chakra Reserves:
Kasumi was born with higher than average chakara reserves, letting her use more chakara and jutsu without being exhausted. A natural gift from her lineage. She has learned how to properly take advantage of these reserves.

Equipment: Hakushika Kami

Jutsu used:

Bloo has written 496 posts
Together at the top [Kasumi]Mar 22, 2022 9:58:16 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"together at the top".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

CHANGING OPINIONS

He had to agree with Kasumi; although they were doing good, Taru and Kashiwa were definitely killing it and he also wondered what they were doing right and how he could improve based on their example. Well, perhaps he would learn something from Taru, since they were roommates for this round of the exams. "Indeed... I can't say I'm not curious, but if I'm being honest, I'm happy with my performance so far. This is the furthest I ever got into the Chuunin Exams, and this is my third attempt." he admitted, with a subtle smile.

After that, Kasumi continued, and he was happy that despite everything, she was able to at least respect him a bit and he nodded to her. "I'm as ready as I can be. I can't say I'm completely confident, there are a lot of strong people out there, but I will do my best regardless." he started, chuckling lightly when Kasumi mentioned that they wouldn't be allies, but that she wouldn't try to take his head too hard, but also wouldn't let him win. "I expected nothing different, Kasumi-san. You are a great shinobi and I would be honoured to fight you. If that happens, I will also do my very best to defeat you. Still..." he paused for a bit, gazing away to look at the city. "I'm glad we met though. I... I had a completely different image of you from when we first met. And from Mist shinobi in general. But my respect for you and your people grew a lot since." he added, pausing once again to look at her, his smile fading away, giving place to a more serious expression. "Even though I learned that my uncle was killed by a Mist shinobi..." he explained, still, there was no hostility in his eyes. If anything, just a bit of sadness.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Between Rounds 2 and 3
Dormitory's Courtyard
[]
[317 words]
Together at the top [Kasumi]Mar 30, 2022 20:16:30 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

The boy was as talkative as ever. If Kasumi didn't know better, she'd think he was trying to be friends with her or something. She wasn't listening too intently to his praise of her and her people, only cocking an eyebrow as he explained a Mist shinobi killed his uncle.

"Forgiveness is a helluva thing." She mumbled, crossing her arms. "A Konoha ninja crippled my father. All but ended his life."

Did she forgive Konoha? Not by a long shot. Was her motivations in life as simple as revenge? Definitely not.

"Since before the exams I've been thinking about all these wars and death we do. Why we do it, and all that. I quickly found out I'm not wise enough for that crap."

She'd sigh and shrug, eyeing the boy with scrutiny.

"There's a great gift to being a shinobi, though, and it ain't those special eyes or nasty jutsu. I think the greatest gift is a purpose. Some civilians go their entire life without finding one. A shinobi is born with one."

She'd turn to walk away now, not sure if he even cared to listen to her rambling.

"As long as my people gain from it, I'll be fighting Konoha with all I have. Forgiveness or not."

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Kasumi has become known for her strange chakara form. When in a dire situation, she is capable of releasing her chakra, which in turn takes a strange color unlike the normal blue color of chakra, and takes the form of a demonic cat figure. She is then enveloped in a demon shroud.

This ability grants her a fierce looking aura, that may come off as intimidating and a tenacity to push beyond their normal limits physically- when this mode is activated, Kasumi is harder to knock out or kill and will generally fight for longer than a normal body is capable of.

Kenjutsu Training:
Since a young age, Kasumi has felt the weight of a sword in her hands. She's practiced combat with swords, and is able to compete with some of the best sword users around. That said, people who lack training with a sword or intensive Taijutsu tend to be overwhelmed by her skill.

Large Chakra Reserves:
Kasumi was born with higher than average chakara reserves, letting her use more chakara and jutsu without being exhausted. A natural gift from her lineage. She has learned how to properly take advantage of these reserves.

Jutsu used:

Together at the top [Kasumi]Apr 7, 2022 14:40:51 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"together at the top".

THAT PERSON

Seemed like she had also lost something precious to her at the hands of a Shinobi from his village, and when she said that, his expression shifted, showing some genuine sadness. "I'm sorry to hear that." he offered his condolences, even though it was highly unlikely she would be pleased by that. Kasumi continued to speak, telling Shigure that she thought about the war and all that, but decided it was all too complicated for her, and that she was not smart enough for this kind of thing. It was a rather curious remark, for Kasumi did seem like the clever girl, but maybe her wits were more restricted to her shinobi life rather than the more complex aspects surrounding their world.

Clever or not, she had some wisdom to share, and he was more than happy to listen. A faint smile reappeared on his face as she spoke and he nodded. "Purpose is a powerful thing indeed. And very much necessary. Once I found purpose for my life, I managed to get myself back together and carry on." he admitted with a firm nod, remembering the time he was reclusive at his home, trying to deal with the pain of loss and the trauma it generated.

Still, she was more than happy with facing off against other villages if war came to happen and started walking away. Her logic was simple, yet understandable. "I disagree with your view, but I understand it. I think we all lose in the end, when we choose war. Still... Before you go. Kasumi-san... If I may ask you one question. And like I said, I don't ask that out of revenge, what I'm seeking is understanding." he explained, clearing his throat. "Do you know someone named Hozuki Kyouka?" he asked.

It didn't take cleverness to put two and two together. After explaining that his uncle had been killed by a mist shinobi, and asking who Kyouka was, it was clear she was somehow responsible for his demise.

Between Rounds 2 and 3
Dormitory's Courtyard
[]
[340 words]
Together at the top [Kasumi]Apr 11, 2022 9:38:06 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

Shigure's apology rolled off of Kasumi's shoulders like a weak gust of wind, her features never changing as he said it. She didn't care much for his pity, or sympathy. It was just a fact for her that it had happened at this point. She had been around just long enough to think nothing of it. His lecture of war being pain was much the same. Kasumi didn't consider his words much at all.

After all, none of it was even her choice.

His last question made her raise an eyebrow, though. He asked about Kasumi's own sensei. How strange. If he knew the name, it must have been because she was the one that killed his loved one. How... strange. The world was smaller than she realized.

"War is a choice I don't make." She said, ignoring his question completely. "War is a choice for those better suited to run my village. I don't pretend to know better than them about it, and I don't spend my nights weighing the pros and cons of such crap. If they decide that war is the way, then I'll just win it for them and help the village that way."

She said decisively. She rolled her shoulders, starting to walk away. Before she got too far though, she only glanced back at him for long enough to say one thing.

"I do know the person you said. You won't get any information out of me about her though. You'll have to do that yourself, if you want it."

Then she would start her trip back to her room.

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Demon sword style:

Demon chakra pool:

Jutsu used:

Together at the top [Kasumi]Apr 13, 2022 8:47:38 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"together at the top".

RESPECTFUL FAREWELL

Some people were born to be soldiers, not leaders. Kasumi seemed very satisfied with her role, and had no desire to question it. It was unfortunate, he thought, for the girl had a lot of potential. Instead, she solely focused on the martial aspect of it. He had to be mindful of that though, for that would make her a force to be reckon with and a fearsome enemy on the battlefield, one he could only hope he would be prepared to face in case that day ever come; and it was likely that it would come given the situation between the Leaf and the Mist. It was a scary thought, indeed, but he wouldn't slack either. If that moment did come, he would be ready.

"I understand. It's the harsh reality of our world." he nodded, not dwelling in that subject any further; he could see a closed door when he saw one, and that one was more resilient than steel. Kasumi started walking away, but turned around just enough to respond that she did know that person and he nodded. "That is fair, she is your comrade after all. I wish you the best of luck in the round to come. And if we face each other, I will give you my respect and go all out." after saying that, Shigure bowed respectfully to the girl and also turned on his heels, walking the opposite direction.

The next round would be intense, and he needed to be ready for there were many fearsome opponents he could be facing.

Between Rounds 2 and 3
Exist post
[]
[266 words]

quick reply

compose a reply