Coiling the Body [Kaze]

compose a reply
Coiling the Body [Kaze]Mar 12, 2022 20:07:17 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
I do not wish to be called pretty anymore, I plan to make life beg me for forgivenesss instead.
Tateyama Yakitsukeru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday April 9th rank Genin occupation Sage Apprentice

It had been well over a week since the young sage apprentice had made contact with the woman who had claimed and proven herself to being the previous holder of her position as the Sage Apprentice. Yaki found her both grossly detestable, due to her own jealous nature towards the things that she considered solely hers in the world, and extremely agreeable. The latter was due to the logical side of the young viper that constantly fought with the emotionally amplified greed that consumed the young girl's heart. She had little in the world, but she would be damned if she gave away the one thing in life that had given her an inkling of the feeling of control.

Growing up in the environment of farms, Yaki had found she had loved the routine living that came with tending to crops with her mother and father, and the chores of caring for the sole cow and the few chickens that her family had raised. She had been ripped from that due to her freakish appearance, a thing even her birth parents eventually couldn't handle, dropping her into Konohagakure to live on her own and attend the shinobi academy. A crushingly lonely and hateful environment that had ruined the girl as she was raised not as a farmer, but a killer to be. A bitterness no young teen should have was fastened to her body like an anaconda stangling its prey.

Today's meeting would mark the supplementary lessons that she would recieve from the girl. Waiting to be picked up from the gate the girl was crouched as her snakes poured down to the ground below. All swirling and then peering up their heads coming the rest on one of her palms as the girl gave a gentle smile to the creatures. Her other hand reaching to pet the tame sweet reptilians that she carried with her at all times.
TAGGED |
NOTES | Here
MUSE | Sealing You In Sound

Wisp has written 291 posts
Coiling the Body [Kaze]Mar 18, 2022 19:52:33 GMT -5
Senju Miho
The Next Chapter.....No Spoilers Please
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday April 21st rank SP. Jounin occupation Medical Corps Head
Life was a funny thing indeed...

Miho had long since given up the idea of being a Sage. It was not to be, and she had accepted the fact that she was only in good graces with the Snakes by the fact that of those that had come before her, she was one of the few that had lived. Her experience made her valuable and in that notion, an asset. While her brethren within the brood would deny such thinking, the young female had been away from the mountain for some time now.

But perhaps, a part of her had never truly left...

The interaction she had with Yakitsukeru had brought something out in her, a sensation that was certainly familiar in a way. It wasn't a rivalry such as she had with Duck, but it was binding as if in need of nurturing. Perhaps it was pity...seeing as the girl had yet to meet the new sage, which she had not had the pleasure either. Yet, here she was...helping to instruct the next one to be.

After speaking with the Snake Elder, they seemed to rejoice at the notion, though she admitted that her practice in the art was rustic at best. In the end, the concept of allowing the memory of her teacher's lessons to live on, even for the briefest of moment resonated with the medic as she made her way to the gate. To which she found the apprentice, greeting her snake companions as Miho bowed politely.

"Good morning...and good morning to you as well..."

As she made sure to greet her friends, Miho would adjust her retrieve the small bag from her waist as she handed it to the girl with a smile.

"Hold this for me will you? They will be important later on...for now...we best be off..."

Looking toward the forest, Miho would continue to move passed as she stretched her arms into the air.

"The mist is starting to clear and it is best to be at our destination before it fades...the moisture is important..."
-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-

Enhanced Chakra Control
Training within the land of Snakes has given more than just experience in Senjutsu, it as also taught her precise control over her chakra and it's supply available to her in exact moments of need. Though she never fully mastered Senjutsu, her ability to control and execute techniques with limited resources have proven to display an understanding of control over her own supply of internal energy and granted her the ability to make each strike count, knowing full well that it might be her last attempt at making an impact against a pressing opponent.

TAGS:
WORDS:
NOTES:
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Kaze has written 1,299 posts
Coiling the Body [Kaze]Apr 16, 2022 16:23:16 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
I do not wish to be called pretty anymore, I plan to make life beg me for forgivenesss instead.
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yakitsukeru, despite not much liking for the girl in front of her, didn't exactly have any qualms with her either. After all, she was not a person after the inheritence of the snake sage like the young snake herself was now. Yaki expected an invitation to meet the true sage sooner or later, as the great sage had already accepted her into the den once before, but could not train her without the true sage's approval on the matter first. Taking the bag, expecting something lighter she would instead slump under the weight of the bag as she looked to miho with a glare.

"What did you put in thisss damn bag? Ssstonessss? It feelsss like I'm carrying both of usss... how did you lift thisss with one arm?" Yaki would hiss as she strained to hold the small bag with both of her arms. Recovering surprisingly quick from the initial shock. Craddling the bag on one of her elbows and using the other arm to further lift the bag with little to sense of ease on her part. Truly this had to be some form of torture that the pregnant woman had planned for her. There was no way a normal person would do this to someone without any malicious intent... or so Yaki would tell herself.
TAGGED |
NOTES | Here

Coiling the Body [Kaze]Apr 18, 2022 10:42:54 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday April 21st rank SP. Jounin occupation Medical Corps Head
"With much practice...come now...we can't waste much time..."

Miho would hold her smile as she continued to move forward...

It wasn't a small thing to be able to accomplish such a feat. It had taken her some time to do so, even with her strength, but she had managed it over time and it was a good tool to learning how to better focus one's energy. You could also gauge an individual's strength of will by how they managed the weight.

Considering what laid in store for the young apprentice, she'd need every advantage she could get.

As they drew closer to the clearing, she'd soon allow herself to rest her sack down upon the ground, looking back to be sure that the girl was still behind her.

"This point of the day is when nature is beginning it's own rebirth...much like how we awaken each morning, so does the world itself. It gathers itself and renews it's strength. It's an ideal point to practice one's understanding of gathering natural chakra. Not only that, but with it in such abundance, you need not worry if you do not borrow enough of it as it is flowing in the air itself..."
-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-

Enhanced Chakra Control
Training within the land of Snakes has given more than just experience in Senjutsu, it as also taught her precise control over her chakra and it's supply available to her in exact moments of need. Though she never fully mastered Senjutsu, her ability to control and execute techniques with limited resources have proven to display an understanding of control over her own supply of internal energy and granted her the ability to make each strike count, knowing full well that it might be her last attempt at making an impact against a pressing opponent.

TAGS:
WORDS:
NOTES:
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Coiling the Body [Kaze]May 2, 2022 23:57:02 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
groupLeaf Shinobi

Was she practicing by bench-pressing whole estates? Yakitsu gave an incredulous expression as she moved behind the older woman with some mixture of agitation and some mixing in of doubt that seemed to surface without end on her own mindscape. Shaking her head she would huff and moved to adjust the weight so it was a little easier to carry. She was not usually appreciative of good exercise since she was more often then not forced to partake in it rather than otherwise doing it because she wanted to. No, but this held a different purpose today.

Sage training was an exception to her feelings about the matter of training though, as it was a chance at something she earnestly thought as her own to inherit. Following behind Miho without speaking a word as carrying the bag was about all of the strain that she could currently manage to deal with the heavy bag. As Miho stopped Yaki would follow suit choosing to stare for a moment before squating with the weight between her legs as she deadweighted her arms lower to the ground below. Dropping the bag only once it was a few inches from the ground. Now fully involved with the lecture of what she was being taught.

"Ssso the morning isss when it isss the easssiessst time to train in the way of the sssage? Intriguing. Now why did we need to bring this absssurdly heavy bag?" The girl would ask with a slumped pose as she was obviously recovering her stamina.
TAGGED |
NOTES | Here

Coiling the Body [Kaze]May 3, 2022 15:45:28 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
"Mhmm"

Yakitsukeru seemed to understand the premise but was still confused by the need of her taking on such a heavy load in their journey to this destination. To which, she could understand. It certainly didn't seem like a required tool, nor did it hold any real regal significance. Or at least, not to the naked eye.

As Miho watched her lower the sack to the ground, she would begin to move around the girl with a calm expression.

"You're aware of the principles of using Senjutsu? It requires natural chakra, but with the borrowing of this energy comes a price. It is not inherently taxing upon the body, but upon the mind. When you take this energy into yourself, you are taking on an aspect of an element within this world. Both it's tendency and nature combined..."

Stopping short, she'd then place her hands behind her back as she released a soft breath.

"For you to reach the ability to be akin to a snake, you will have to understand how in which to borrow Natural Chakra from the environment, but this process isn't without a cost if one does not have an understanding of balance...and it comes with the loss of your own self..."

Holding up one finger, she then pointed toward the sack as she continued.

"Not only that, but in a fight, you will not be able to so easily gather what you need when you are under pressure...hence the weights...you will be practicing how to achieve balance and gain what you need...while also dealing with the heavy strain upon your body..."

In saying this, her expression came back to a smile as she lowered her hand back to her back.

"Questions? Or shall we begin?"
-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-

Enhanced Chakra Control

TAGS:
WORDS:
NOTES:
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Coiling the Body [Kaze]May 6, 2022 13:46:18 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yakitsukeru would flinch slightly at the circling that Miho would begin, not enjoying the instinctual feeling of being encircled like prey, but she didn't make a move to step away at all. Instead allowing the pregnant woman to do what she wanted on the matter. She didn't think Miho would do anything to harm her, let alone risk the child that she was carrying. The young viper would continue to listen to Miho's explanation without much of an issue. Seeming intent and focused on the older girl's words, nodding along as was needed.

"I understand the very very basssisss of it. Absssolute ssstillnesss and balance are a necesssity in Sssage Artsss. I asssume your attempting to teach me to gather without having to ssstay ssstill?" Yaki would ask as she looked down at the now identified weight that were on the ground below her. She would need to actually figure out how to make these more managable on a consistant basis then if the training was meant to strain her. Though a large part of this just excited her as she seemed to have an endless amount of joy from the bottom of her heart that bubbled up despite hiding part of her face beneath the scarf that she wore over her mouth. Making it hard to see her mouth unless one was looking down at her and, by extension, she was looking up.

"I have no further questionsss for you, let usss begin. What are we ssstarting with first Miho-Sssan?"
TAGGED |
NOTES | Here

Coiling the Body [Kaze]May 9, 2022 8:58:25 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
"In a sense..."

Miho would then go to the sack, retrieving one of the many weights from within it. It certainly wasn't going to be an easy task to commit to. The fact that stillness was indeed a requirement made it so that for many, it allowed for an opening to be attacked. Though, it wasn't a complete restriction. There were many sages that had learned loopholes to this, techniques that allowed them to be capable of some evasion to be secure in their position. Of course, they often still sacrificed getting a full compliment of what they needed from their surroundings.

Even her own technique, one that generated Natural chakra, had not been without it's difficulties.

"As I said before, I can only tell you what worked for me, and even that is limited in how much progress I made in the end. What you decide, and how you train in Sage Arts, it is ultimately up to the Sage and yourself....though for now..."

With her extending a weight in her direction, the young female would smile before then showing the cuff that was attached on each end.

"Your first set of weights. Each one is exactly fifty pounds. This means that with a total of four, you will have 200 pounds of pressure upon each of your limbs. Your goal is to attempt to gather what you can of natural chakra and move forward...Though take your time...adjusting to it may be challenging..."
-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-

Enhanced Chakra Control

TAGS:
WORDS:
NOTES:
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Coiling the Body [Kaze]May 18, 2022 19:44:58 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
groupLeaf Shinobi

The premise of the exercise was simple enough, and with thew weight distributed Yaki figured it wouldn't be as bad as carrying the tiny sack that they had all been stored inside of. Huffing a bit as she took each one and began mostly wordlessly putting them on. At least momentarily being fairly compliant if just a tad bit grumpy over the matter as her limbs fairly heavily sagged under the weight that now caused them to be sluggish. The girl seeming to slump the limbs attached to the weights without even so much as a thought to try and use more strength than she needed to before she started the actual training here.

"Ssso how... how do I collect natural energy Miho-Sssan? Should it jussst come to me, or... You know what I will jussst try and you can give me pointersss, yeah?" The young viper would start to question, before deciding it best to just attempt and be correct in the process. After all, she couldn't really be given advice if she had no experience. Like all things trying was the first step, and instruction was the second. Conviction lead the war for everything.

Closing her eyes she would swing her left arm forward at an upward angle while sliding her right leg out, her other arm stretching out downwards behind her as she began to smile. Feeling out the world around her, tasting the air, the feeling of the soft earth, feeling the world's warmth on her skin. Twisting from her hips and shoulders she would almost slither forward as she flipped her stance to the inverse of what it was. Moving as she strained herself to hold the weight against the world as well.
TAGGED |
NOTES | Here

Coiling the Body [Kaze]May 20, 2022 17:09:05 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
"I'm right here if anything happens..."

The older female would watch as Yakitsukeru attempted the act in practice, seeming to understand that this was indeed a process that was best done through trial and error. After all, she imagined that with her still learning, it was natural that the questions would flow without actually trying and her answers might only create more concerns. Still, as a medic, Miho was more than capable of treating the girl if things went wrong.

Though as she began to sense the movement of nature's forces beginning to swell, the kunochi would watch her proceed and monitor it with her own senses. It was a slow process, but it was indeed working.

"Remember...not too quickly...take what you need to maintain yourself..."

The trick to this exercise wasn't only just the concept of balance, it was using Senjutsu to help in lifting the weights themselves. Physical strength was good, but applying such chakra into your physical capabilities was one of the first steps in mastering the art. Not to mention knowing just how far to go with these enhancements. It was just as easy to slip up and find yourself greatly changed.

But from all appearances, the girl was a natural.
-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-

Enhanced Chakra Control

TAGS:
WORDS:
NOTES:
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Coiling the Body [Kaze]May 21, 2022 12:56:35 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
groupLeaf Shinobi

A natural would not be Yakitsukeru's choice of words. Even focusing on her auxillary senses of the world around her Yakitsukeru was not one to really pick up on the energies that Miho was now training her to find. Dancing almost in the blind shuffle that the young viper was still performing she didn't really sense anything different. Just a notion of the world around her. A world that was grand but confusing.

"Too much of what? I don't feel anything different from doing thisss." Yaki would ask, airing out the fact that at least in her mind she felt no motion of natural energy. Maybe it was because she was constantly behind the times when it came to progression from one stage to the next in terms of progress, or maybe it wasn't due to her own lagging progress at all; either way she was struggling to figure this out.

Letting out a deep breath she would begin to shallow her breathing pattern as she started to move slower, more fluidly, focusing on the feeling of the motion, beginning to change the pattern to something more respectful of nature, moving with the air and shifting as the dirt may have tried to shift. Fighting less with the world around her than before. She was slowly becoming mesmerized by her own motion and let it happen. Something felt new as she did.

Natural energy would surge to the girl like water to fill space that had been made where earth had once been. Yaki, unable to differentiate the feeling would not stop, unable to tell as her fingers started to turn stone-y. Fully submerging into the feeling now as it came.
TAGGED |
NOTES | Here

Coiling the Body [Kaze]May 23, 2022 10:57:34 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
"Wait...Stop!"

Miho would call out to the girl as it appeared as though she were slowly becoming more and more entranced into the motion of her dance. Yet, what was happening on the outside was far more deadly than mystical. It was so easy to fall into, she imagined that the apprentice was in a state of pure bliss, unable to tell where her chakra ended and the more worldly version of it began. Though as she could see the tips of her fingers begin to grey, her ankles starting to show signs of the possible end, the young woman would swiftly move in.

It didn't take long for her to see that she was slowly starting to turn to stone, which prompting her to consider her options. It may not work that her voice was calling to her, as perhaps she could no longer hear her. There was though the more physical action, which would require a bit of force.

With time of the essence, Miho would reel her hand back, surging it downward as to collide with Yakitsukeru's head. The power of the strike wouldn't be enough to break her neck, but it should have had enough impact to draw her out of Snake dance as she began to look at her with a calm expression.

"Are you okay? That was a bit more than what I was expecting...I had assumed that you were aware of the shifting that comes with drawing forth natural chakra and could tell the difference. I apologize.."
-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-

Enhanced Chakra Control

TAGS:
WORDS:
NOTES:
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Coiling the Body [Kaze]Jul 5, 2022 12:31:19 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
groupLeaf Shinobi

The hit had been both unexpected and incredibly painful as Miho knocked the young viper directly onto her face. A rather ungraceful position to be in after taking a hit, but the sudden rush sensation of her body reversing from its stone-like changes was far worse. Her arms not responding as a burning rush of warmth filled her skin. Miho's words would take far longer to fully register for the girl.

"Yeah, that wasss my firssst attempt at gathering sssage energiesss. Hah... Ugh," Yaki would say breathing heavily from the ground where she had been knocked over onto. The sensation of her body unpetrifying just as terrifying as the sensation should have been when turning. Her own entrancement into the exercise had left her unable to see deep into the truth of what had been going on.

"God you... and I thought the weightsss were bricksss. Did you have to hit ssso... ssso... hard?" Yaki would ask as her vision gently drifted black. The pain mixed with a hefty fall putting the girl into a position that was, by all definitions vulnerable. Splayed to the ground and limp due to her sleep she would doze into a recovery state that was surely needed.
TAGGED | Here
NOTES | Here

Coiling the Body [Kaze]Jul 6, 2022 22:35:30 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
"That was hard?"

Miho blinked briefly as she looked toward her fist, and then back down at the girl as she could see the petrification was starting to reside from her form. She had only meant to just tap the girl lightly, but aggressively, but her strength was certainly rising and lowering with each day in her pregnancy. While it might be a bit concerning, she wasn't exactly working within the hospital so it was a fleeting mistake in the least. In the end, there was no arguing with the results.

With her attention on aiding in the girl's recovery, she see Yakitsukeru lapse into her slumbering state, a smile crossing her lips before beginning to work toward treating her medically.

"You can rest now....You'll feel much better afterwards..."

As the girl now rested, Miho would release a soft breath before then shaking her head.

She was certainly far more eager than she was to master this. Of course, as an apprentice, it was natural to want to succeed. She only hoped that this might help as a lesson in how dangerous this art was. Not to mention how foolish it was to rush into it quickly.

In lifting her up to her feet, she'd take the girl upon her shoulders as she began to carry her back toward the village.

"I have a feeling this won't be the last time I see you...but I think you are off to a grand start as an apprentice..."
-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-

Enhanced Chakra Control

TAGS:
WORDS:
NOTES:
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION