Ice Ice Demon (Kazu)Mar 13, 2022 16:54:27 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
A true justice must be served.
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday Feburary 22nd rank Chuunin occupation

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE
There is only one path left to take.

Kasumi was having a problem. One she had often. Sleep was elusive, and she found herself looking for something else to occupy her. She sat on the rooftops, where she'd been before. Her sword was in her hand, unsheathed and held up in the moonlight, watching the moons rays bounce off the bone strangely.

She won the first round, though not nearly as cleanly as she should have. She should have ended it right away when she landed the blinding jutsu.

The exams were a place to show off, though, and she did. The Konoha did too, really. He impressed her at least. She wasn't sure if it was enough to get her to first place, but it was done by now. Maybe she'd need to try harder in the next fight.

"Ah," she called out loud, glancing back at the footsteps she was hearing, "who's that? Shouldn't you be sleeping?"

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Kasumi has become known for her strange chakara form. When in a dire situation, she is capable of releasing her chakra, which in turn takes a strange color unlike the normal blue color of chakra, and takes the form of a demonic cat figure. She is then enveloped in a demon shroud.

This ability grants her a fierce looking aura, that may come off as intimidating and a tenacity to push beyond their normal limits physically- when this mode is activated, Kasumi is harder to knock out or kill and will generally fight for longer than a normal body is capable of.

Keeping this ability active has a medium drain on Kasumi's chakara.

Kenjutsu Training:
Since a young age, Kasumi has felt the weight of a sword in her hands. She's practiced combat with swords, and is able to compete with some of the best sword users around. That said, people who lack training with a sword or intensive Taijutsu tend to be overwhelmed by her skill.

Large Chakra Reserves:
Kasumi was born with higher than average chakara reserves, letting her use more chakara and jutsu without being exhausted. A natural gift from her lineage. She has learned how to properly take advantage of these reserves.

Equipment: Hakushika Kami

Jutsu used:

Bloo has written 496 posts
Ice Ice Demon (Kazu)Mar 15, 2022 4:47:30 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
If it's not worth the effort, why bother?
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday 12/21 rank Advanced Genin occupation Genin Team One Member
Kazu had found a couple nice spots to relax since coming to Kagamino no Shi. The tree behind the dormitories was his main one, but there was also a rooftop he enjoyed too. Ironically, the first place he had met the individual sitting on his relaxing spot was another rooftop. Though, that one was where the first round of the exams had been. As he walked up to Kasumi, she clearly heard his footsteps. "Just me." Kazu said in response, going to the same spot she was sitting at. "I probably should be sleeping, but it's hard when I'm ready for tomorrow." He was mostly just ready to get this over with, he was tired of being at these exams. Though, he was happy to have met a lot of the people he had. 

"What about you?" He asked the girl. He also wondered where Taki was. They had seemed like they were always around each other before, so where was she? Something told Kazu it'd be better not to ask. He laid back on the roof, his legs dangling over the edge. "Good job on your match by the way, you did some pretty cool stuff." She was on of very few participants Kazu didn't want to fight. Sure, she used water and that gave Kazu an advantage, but the way she used it was so different to what Kazu was used to. "Good luck in your next fight, you got it in the bag." He would add. Kazu would probably need more luck than her though, maybe he shouldn't be giving it out so much.
Strikr123 has written 317 posts
Ice Ice Demon (Kazu)Mar 16, 2022 9:05:18 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

It was the snow boy that Kasumi had run into here several nights ago. The Demon wasn't exactly surprised, all things considered, but felt a strange sense of relief about the boy coming in. She had forged an alliance with him, but then it never came to much use. They never had to work together.

"You seem like you found some motivation, if your last fights anything to go off of." She said offhandedly, laying back on the roof and looking at the sky next to him. "You beat the top scorer, y'know. That's pretty impressive."

Kasumi had mixed feelings about her own fight, wondering if she had made the fight call. Using the blinding jutsu was a big decision, since it somewhat revealed it to everyone around.

"It didn't seem like you had cared too much last time we talked about the exams. What changed, kid? Found a hatred for the Leaf, or a love for the lifestyle?"

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Kasumi has become known for her strange chakara form. When in a dire situation, she is capable of releasing her chakra, which in turn takes a strange color unlike the normal blue color of chakra, and takes the form of a demonic cat figure. She is then enveloped in a demon shroud.

This ability grants her a fierce looking aura, that may come off as intimidating and a tenacity to push beyond their normal limits physically- when this mode is activated, Kasumi is harder to knock out or kill and will generally fight for longer than a normal body is capable of.

Kenjutsu Training:
Since a young age, Kasumi has felt the weight of a sword in her hands. She's practiced combat with swords, and is able to compete with some of the best sword users around. That said, people who lack training with a sword or intensive Taijutsu tend to be overwhelmed by her skill.

Large Chakra Reserves:
Kasumi was born with higher than average chakara reserves, letting her use more chakara and jutsu without being exhausted. A natural gift from her lineage. She has learned how to properly take advantage of these reserves.

Jutsu used:

Ice Ice Demon (Kazu)Mar 16, 2022 18:08:34 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday 12/21 rank Advanced Genin occupation Genin Team One Member
Kasumi mentioned Kazu's motivation, it was a vast improvement from before for sure. Kazu was happy when Kasumi won her fight though, she deserved recognition for that. "Congrats on the win by the way." He honestly wished they would've gotten paired together for the first or second round. Though now, he was just hoping not to fight her. She had seemed like a tactician in her own right from what Kazu had seen of her match with Asahi. Fighting another strategist was not something Kazu wanted to do if he had a choice in the matter.

As for her comments on Kazu beating Taru and seeming to have found his motivation, Kazu responded, "Eh, it was nothing too special. I don't think either me or Taru went all out. My motivation did change for the better though. There's a lot that caused it but mostly it had to do with not wanting to let people down. My sensei and Lady Yuki saw enough potential in me to send me to these exams so... I didn't want to disappoint them." He finished; it was the first time he had really vocalized that thought process. "How about you? You seem different from when we first met too." He asked the Kiri girl.
Ice Ice Demon (Kazu)Mar 30, 2022 20:01:59 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

Kasumi only shrugged at the congratulations the boy offered her. She had won, but she still thought it was messy. She could have had a much better victory if she'd had a better plan. It wasn't up to the impossible standards she'd set for herself. "Not wanting to disappoint can be a great motivator. Especially if there's expectations on you."

Then he commented about her, and she only raised a brow. Had she changed? Something like that was hard to notice in ones self.

"Maybe I have. That first round was tough, with the looming threat of death. Hn." Not to mention being forced to work with the enemy. Maybe she was too closed minded about this? "What does being a shinobi mean to you, Kazu? It can't just be that some old lady said you'd be good at it."

Could it? Was it really that simple?

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Kenjutsu Training:

Large Chakra Reserves:

Jutsu used:

last edit by Kasumi Momochi on Mar 30, 2022 20:40:08 GMT -5
Ice Ice Demon (Kazu)Apr 1, 2022 4:35:07 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Kasumi was right of course; the fear of disappointment was a much more permanent motivation than anything else the boy had experienced. It was something he'd been looking for all this time. It turned out that he already had it, he just wasn't aware of that. He'd have to thank his sensei and Lady Yuki for being patient at some point. "Yeah, it definitely is a good source of motivation."

Kasumi hadn't seemed to notice that she'd changed a bit too, which made sense. Kazu hadn't noticed much of his change until others began pointing it out. The looming death was another thing that had motivated him, but that was somewhat temporary. "Yeah, the first round was something else honestly." He added, he'd been paired with an extremely difficult group. Then came the question of what being a shinobi meant to Kazu. "Honestly, I've never really thought about it. I became a shinobi to escape expectations from my parents, but I still wanted to do it for other reasons too. No one told me I'd be good at it or anything, so that was appealing to me I suppose. I guess it's different for everyone though, right? Everyone has their own reasons for doing anything. For me, I just wanted to escape the unrealistic expectations of my family. What about you?" He was genuinely curious; Kasumi was one of few participants he didn't know too much about.
Ice Ice Demon (Kazu)Apr 11, 2022 9:20:03 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

The boy went on to elaborate, but Kasumi wasn't sure she really understood any of what he was trying to say. It sounded more like he was being a shinobi to kill time, until recently. Maybe it was a clan thing? Those clans seemed to have pressure for their young to get involved in the world for sure. Kasumi couldn't fault it, because she wasn't much different. She couldn't relate to escaping expectations, so she had to rationalize it in a way she could grasp.

"Why do I do it?" She repeated his question, thinking for only a moment before answering. "There's nothing left to do but this for me. My father was a shinobi, but he died. After that nobody expectated anything out of me. I was just the demon child that killed at a young age."

She'd let out an annoyed grunt, rolling her shoulders as she remembered how often people would avoid her from the rumors. It hurt at first, but now it felt like... nothing.

"If I'm a demon, then I belong here. Serving the village in the one way a demon can. Killing and doing missions and protecting the people. I may be a demon, but at least they can know that I'm their demon."

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Demon sword style:

Demon chakra pool:

Jutsu used:

Ice Ice Demon (Kazu)Apr 11, 2022 14:10:40 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Kasumi seemed to feel like she had no option other than being a shinobi. Kazu on the other hand felt like he had every option except being a shinobi. That's what made him want to do it. Kazu could tell Kasumi had already had a rough life though, pushed out from everyone after her father had died. He couldn't think of what to say in response. While Kazu made an effort to escape people's expectations, Kasumi seemed to twist their expectations to what she wanted. They expected her to be a demon and kill, regardless of if Kasumi realized it. She twisted it to where she was their demon. 

"I... can't relate." He started, finally having an idea of how to respond. "It's strange to me. How our villages can be so similar but so different at the same time. I've never had to deal with someone I know dying. I thought I did at first with the first round of the exams, but they didn't actually die. I can relate to wanting to protect your village at least, Yukigakure's my home after all." Suddenly another question formed in his mind. He couldn't stop himself from asking it. "Kasumi... Why did you come find me when we met? I mean I know you wanted to have an alliance thing with an allied village. But was that all?" He asked, still laying down on the roof.
Ice Ice Demon (Kazu)Apr 12, 2022 17:50:22 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

The boy couldn't relate, and she wasn't even the slightest bit surprised at that. Who could? If she'd laid out her entire life there was no way anyone would know exactly how it felt. If he did the same there was no way she would understand him either. Everyone was too different to really get anyone else.

At least that's what she told herself.

She'd done a lot of growing up in her life and at the exams. It was a roller coaster, really. One with no brakes and high speed. One second you think you might have a chance at comfort, the next you realize you don't even like comfort.

"I wouldn't relate to your situation, either." She said, shutting her eyes now. "I think... I think too much. Why did I find you? I could lie and say it was to make an alliance. The exams never work that way, though. Alliances are short lived."

She was quiet only a moment as she thought herself into even more of a hole that she had. Thinking had never really been her strong suit.

"I guess I wanted to see what you were like. You're an ally, and it's hard to talk to the rest of them. I knew Taki before all this crap. I knew the mist ninja. I was looking for something different, to see what different was even like."

Maybe it was a friend she was after? A friend that she thought could understand her. A friend that knew what it was like to be alone and truly on your own. She wouldn't say that, though. The boy was friendly, as was most of the people she'd met in her time here. None of them were like her though. No. She felt like an alien walking these exams.

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Demon sword style:

Demon chakra pool:

Jutsu used:

Ice Ice Demon (Kazu)Apr 16, 2022 20:11:34 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Kazu thought about Kasumi's words. The moment Kazu had arrived in Mizu no Kuni, he was enticed by how different it was. The fact that there was no snow on the ground was enough to pique his curiosity. Kasumi seemed to take that a step further, wanting to see how someone from an allied village was. How different Kazu was. 

Kazu hadn't actively looked for anyone as far as the exam participants, but he understood how Kasumi had felt. Every interaction Kazu had here was different. Nothing like what he'd experience back home in Yukigakure. It was something he could relate to. 

"I think we both needed something different. I needed it to get motivation for this whole thing. I'm not sure what you need it for but, if you need any kind of help at any point just ask. Not that you would ever need help from me." He offered his help, despite how much stronger Kasumi seemed to be. "Was my different nature at least satisfying?" He asked, wondering if he had helped Kasumi just by being himself. It was doubtful, but his curiosity wouldn't let him keep quiet. 
Ice Ice Demon (Kazu)Apr 19, 2022 13:53:41 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

Both needed something different? Maybe that was it. Maybe the change was something that was enough to change Kasumi's outlook on some things, but the boy and her seemed to be polar opposites.

"You're pretty cool, kid. I guess that's satisfying." She answered, sitting up finally. It was getting late, and tomorrow was a big day. "We'll be friends after this, alright? I'll find you when we're Chuunin and we'll figure this whole world out together. One step at a time or something stupid like that."

She'd jump forward, off the roof and landing cleanly on the ground below.

"So don't you die out there, alright? You'll have to show me that snow land someday. I'll show you the real Kirigakure after. It's a promise. So don't you dare die. Else I'll have to kill you."

She'd start walking towards the dorms.

"Get some sleep, kid, you'll want to be rested."

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Demon sword style:

Demon chakra pool:

Jutsu used:

Ice Ice Demon (Kazu)Apr 19, 2022 21:40:03 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Kasumi and Kasumi were similar, but so different at the same time. She was satisfied at least, and Kazu was apparently cool. He'd never really thought of himself as cool, but he took the compliment regardless. "Yeah, you're pretty cool too." He'd say as she started to get up, likely preparing to leave. She mentioned that they'd be friends, even after these exams. She'd come find him in Yukigakure once they were both Chuunin. They'd figure out how this world worked, together. 

Kazu stood up, a little shocked at Kasumi's words. He wasn't expecting anyone from these exams to offer something like that. He gave her a smile, "Yeah, for sure. If you don't come see me in Yukigakure I'll have to come back here to see what's up. Can't expect me to figure this whole shinobi thing out by myself, you know?" He smiled. 

Of course, Kazu would be happy to see the real Kirigakure. He just had some things to do back home first. "For sure, just make sure you give me a heads up ahead of time. You better not die either." At her comment that he should get some sleep, he waved, "I'll go back to the dorms soon. You go on ahead." He would say as he looked up at the clouds. He'd made quiet a few friends at these exams, it felt nice.

quick reply

compose a reply