Chin-Check[Taki]

compose a reply
Chin-Check[Taki]Mar 20, 2022 19:22:03 GMT -5
Okada Himari
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Okada Himari Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday January 18th rank SP Jounin occupation Operation Team Member
Chin-Check
Gotta give mist credit...they gotta a hellva view.."

Looking outside of the room, Himari would smirk before blinking as she figured the girl might either still be out of it or perhaps was only recovering in silence after the double knock out of the previous round within the exams. In truth, no exam was ever the same and at times, that made it difficult for anyone to predict. Of course, that was the point. It wasn't like within the ring where the results were already decided beforehand. It made the challenge all the more life-like, as anything could happen in the field and you had to adapt.

She had been one of the first people to come into the medical building after the results. Her family not too far behind as they wanted to be sure of the girl's state. It certainly had caught them all by surprise to see her, but Himari simply moved out of the way to let them attempt at dictating just how the girl should be treated and just what she might need. The Okada were indeed a family driven unit, but it was a delight to watch it in action.

Once the commotion seemed to settle down, things became much more quiet, giving the blonde female a moment to think as she watched her cousin rest. A serious gaze rested over her face but it softened as she shook her head as she made sure her attire was ready for the next round and just ensured that no one messed with it.

Afterwards, she just allowed her mind to wander, her hand cupped under her face as she continued to look outside the window.

-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-
Show-Stopper
Himari begun her career as an underdog, underestimated by many of her opponents within the ring due to her size. Yet, in spite of this, she would always come up with a way to win in the end, despite being at the disadvantage. This has much to do with her reflexes, capable of moving around her targets attempts and finding the openings she needs to take them down. More often than not, this serves as her means of protection in it being difficult to hit a someone that you can't accurately engage against. Though it operates on her instincts, it can be unreliable in some situations. Especially if Himari has not been able to figure out the exact anatomy of her opponent.

Heart of a Champion
During her run within the OWA, Himari would train constantly to build up her strength and stamina. She would need both in order to complete the various techniques that were involved in her style of wrestling. As such, strength training was key in her mind as she came up with an arrangement in order to continue to build upon those foundations taught to her. While she is indeed smaller than most of the people she encounters, her size does no more than give her the appearance of being less powerful than she is. Her ability to sustain stronger grapples upon her opponents is increase through this advantage, as well as the impact of her physical attacks.

Legacy of a Champion
Okada Riku was known throughout the world for her speed and agility when she was in the ring. Such is reflected upon her continue run until her retirement. This trait has been passed down by to her daughter as Himari has displayed incredible speed. This has only increased over the years, alongside her training with both her mother and other shinobi. She can move swiftly across the field with little issue, using her agile footwork to get in close on a target before they can even realize it. Excelling at this, she focuses on being evasive with this ability as well, allowing for her to be just as proactive in getting in, as well not getting hit in the process.

Tag: | Words: | Notes:
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Kaze has written 165 posts
Chin-Check[Taki]Mar 31, 2022 12:33:54 GMT -5
Taki Okada
I'm an Okada First and a Shinobi Second
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday November 7th rank Jounin occupation Sage

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

A loser like you ain't got no guts!

As the girl rested in her hospital bed she’d feel eyes on her even as she slept, her mother father aunt and one of her older cousins had come to see her as well as her special someone but even though she felt she was at 100% she still needed to rest up. And so she laid her head there only to open her eyes a short while later seeing the visage of her older cousin come into form. "Hey dere Mari.” she’d say looking to the other girl with a smile noting her gear in the background, her boots placed underneath a chair with her leotard neatly folded with her gloves placed right atop it.

She’d smile to her before looking out the window. "I blew it didn’t I…” the girl would say seemingly frustrated at her performance, she should’ve offed that kid but for some reason just couldn’t get the job done. But at least he got worse than she did, the girl analyzed her performance in her head over and over.

The girl would pound her hands into her bedframe. "What was wrong wit me…did I just…was I scared…? I musta undaestimated em.” she shaked her head. "Never woulda thought he'd fight like dat…” clearly the girl was shaken up by it and taking it to heart. When her family was in the room she felt comforted but now with just Mari around someone who might’ve understood where she was coming from a bit better she felt a bit more vulnerable, it was like watching tapes the only difference was back then you were elevated by your star power out here it was a whole different ball game.

MOVMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

During Taki's training she learns that she has a significant amount of energy and after graduating to the rank of genin she began to learn how to properly make use of them under the tutelage of Midori Chizawa. As a result the girl is now able to perform a bevy of powerful techniques for longer periods of time without tiring as quickly as others.

[Heavyweight: Super Strength SA]

With the rigorous training that Taki's now able to throw down with the best of them boasting monstrous strength fitting for her professional wrestling background, having combined that with the training she performed at the academy has now made her able to performs ridiculous feats such as being able to crush stones in her grip causing concussions and snap bones with her powerful strikes and holds. Taki has also increased the amount of weight she is able to lift by a massive margin in a way that makes her an even more fearsome taijutsu practitioner than before.

[Wrestling Genius]

As a result of her training, and advancements as a genin. Taki's grappling ability has increased even further making her wrestling based techniques far more difficult to deal with and escape from. As a result, her slams, holds, submissions and suplex's are far more damaging and harder to escape from then that of a genin who is not trained in these particular abilities.

284 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
Meep has written 1,707 posts
Chin-Check[Taki]Apr 4, 2022 22:28:47 GMT -5
Okada Himari
Okada Himari Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 22 years old birthday January 18th rank SP Jounin occupation Operation Team Member
Chin-Check
What? Like he wanna win? Can't be shocked at that Taki...all ya'll came to do that..."

A smirk crossed Himari's lips as she made her way over toward the bed, placing one hand on her hip as the other extended outward with a soft jab against the girl's face, shaking her head as she closed her eyes.

"You can beat yourself up o'er it or you can just do better next time. All anyone can do really. This ain't like the rin'..no one is gonna just hand ya the win just by showin' em up..."

Himari would then sigh as she brushed against the girl as to get her to make room, placing herself down next to her as she held a small smile.

"It wasn't all that bad...my first time in the exams wasn't a breeze either...I had to think outside of what I knew...ya'll gotta do the same here...ya can't blow everyone down...sometimes ya gotta out think em...make em slip up on their own...and wait...ya'll got what it takes...sure as hell got more goin than I did way back when..."

-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-
Show-Stopper
Himari begun her career as an underdog, underestimated by many of her opponents within the ring due to her size. Yet, in spite of this, she would always come up with a way to win in the end, despite being at the disadvantage. This has much to do with her reflexes, capable of moving around her targets attempts and finding the openings she needs to take them down. More often than not, this serves as her means of protection in it being difficult to hit a someone that you can't accurately engage against. Though it operates on her instincts, it can be unreliable in some situations. Especially if Himari has not been able to figure out the exact anatomy of her opponent.

Heart of a Champion
During her run within the OWA, Himari would train constantly to build up her strength and stamina. She would need both in order to complete the various techniques that were involved in her style of wrestling. As such, strength training was key in her mind as she came up with an arrangement in order to continue to build upon those foundations taught to her. While she is indeed smaller than most of the people she encounters, her size does no more than give her the appearance of being less powerful than she is. Her ability to sustain stronger grapples upon her opponents is increase through this advantage, as well as the impact of her physical attacks.

Legacy of a Champion
Okada Riku was known throughout the world for her speed and agility when she was in the ring. Such is reflected upon her continue run until her retirement. This trait has been passed down by to her daughter as Himari has displayed incredible speed. This has only increased over the years, alongside her training with both her mother and other shinobi. She can move swiftly across the field with little issue, using her agile footwork to get in close on a target before they can even realize it. Excelling at this, she focuses on being evasive with this ability as well, allowing for her to be just as proactive in getting in, as well not getting hit in the process.

BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Chin-Check[Taki]Apr 7, 2022 22:15:46 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

The girl would listen to the words that came out of her cousins. "I mean…yeah but…I was expectin a different kinda fight…he fought like a pussy.” the girl would say somewhat irritated by how he kept hiding behind smoke and a bevy of other factors. But as the girl wallowed in her frustrations Himari would mention that Taki should think outside the box get a little creative and then she thought back to the ending of the match. "Well I mean I guess I did hit em pretty hard with the chair.” she said smiling finding a little bit of solace in the small victory.

She then recalled using the ladder in order to flash past his clone and take him down. "And the ladda wadn’t too bad either.” Taki was able to find a little bit of satisfaction in the way she fought but as the conversation continued Himari would note that even she didn’t have the best track record. "Forreal?” the girl would say looking to her older cousin. "But if ya didn’t do awl dat well how did ya make it ta chunin.” she’d say looking at the older girl with a hint of curiosity.

She’d heard a few things from Midori about what the chunin exams were really about, but was what she said true? It wasn’t just about winning or was there something else too it? "I mean you won awl ya fights right?”

MOVMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

During Taki's training she learns that she has a significant amount of energy and after graduating to the rank of genin she began to learn how to properly make use of them under the tutelage of Midori Chizawa. As a result the girl is now able to perform a bevy of powerful techniques for longer periods of time without tiring as quickly as others.

With the rigorous training that Taki's now able to throw down with the best of them boasting monstrous strength fitting for her professional wrestling background, having combined that with the training she performed at the academy has now made her able to performs ridiculous feats such as being able to crush stones in her grip causing concussions and snap bones with her powerful strikes and holds. Taki has also increased the amount of weight she is able to lift by a massive margin in a way that makes her an even more fearsome taijutsu practitioner than before.

[Wrestling Genius]

As a result of her training, and advancements as a genin. Taki's grappling ability has increased even further making her wrestling based techniques far more difficult to deal with and escape from. As a result, her slams, holds, submissions and suplex's are far more damaging and harder to escape from then that of a genin who is not trained in these particular abilities.

[Sage Mode]

✤ | Abilities (Imperfect Enhancement)
✤ Gorilla Grip [Grip Strength]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body and overall Taijutsu prowess increase exponentially most notably her grip strength allowing her to take hold of someone with a painful amount of power amplifying her already proficient ability to grapple with an opponent making it significantly harder to be broken out of as well a deal a considerable amount of damage.

✤ Gorilla Press [Natural Taijutsu]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body Taki is able to use nature energy to harness her powers in order to make her more physically imposing than normal adding to her natural affinities with Taijutsu allowing her move faster and hit harder heavy items thus adding a good amount of power and heft to her attacks allowing her to snap bones with much less effort and outpace a good majority of her enemies with her monstrous charge.

✤ The Immovable Force [Durability]

Due to the coarse strength of a gorilla's skin Taki is able to withstand a good amount of extra punishment allowing her to be able to withstand blows from most enemies that most shinobi wouldn't be able to normally withstand. As such blows from strong fighters are reduced by a considerable amount and when struck feel like colliding with a considerably immovable force.

239 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
Chin-Check[Taki]Apr 7, 2022 22:44:32 GMT -5
Okada Himari
Okada Himari Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
Chin-Check
Hell ya..."

While it was easy for most to think the starlet had an unbeatable record, that was mostly within the ring, and for good reason. She was a champion, it was easy to keep up a winning streak in such a format. Though in truth, she was still breathing, so perhaps she was just as much a champion in the field as she was back then. Still, the point she was trying to make was that there was indeed a lot more to the exams than just winning. In fact, it was deeper than most Genin even realized when they first attended them.

As Taki questioned just if she had won all of her matches during the exams, the blonde haired female would shake her head before allowing herself to flop backward onto the bed and look up toward the ceiling.

"Nearly did...ended in a draw in the finals...but probably would have lost if I hadn't used my head..."

Remembering it, it had been a close match...

"Got to tangle with an Uchiha...sneaky one at that...kept on usin mind tricks and such...couldn't figure what was real and what ain't...so literally had to come up with way to pull myself out...ended up pullin a dagger out and cuttin my hand.."

Holding up her fist, she'd flex it back and forth before closing her eyes.

"Toughest fight of my life back then...but I learned from it...ya can't charge through everythin...gotta be smart enough to switch tactics when things ain't workin ya way..."

From there, the older female would turn toward Taki and then speak again.

"We had a draw...but I still managed to pass...I didn't know exactly why either till Dad filled me in...it ain't bout winning all the time...it's bout how ya take the hits and keep movin on...how ya deal when things ain't goin right and keep goin..."

In say this, she'd then let her hand fall back down toward her lap, continuing to look at Taki.

"Ya gettin what I'm sayin?"

-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-
Show-Stopper

Heart of a Champion

Legacy of a Champion

BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
last edit by Okada Himari on Apr 7, 2022 22:48:07 GMT -5
Chin-Check[Taki]Apr 9, 2022 17:40:02 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

As the girl sat in her hospital bed she’d hea her words telling her how she nearly died and that she ended up in a draw in the midst of one of her battles, needing to cut one of her hands in a battle with an Uchiha. "An Uchiha huh…"the girl would recall and encounter she had with one not too long ago when she had bumped into one of the girls she saw in the chunin exams while out and about with Midori. "Yeah…I know dat feelin.” but with the wisdom now laid down upon her by her cousin there were words that she had relayed that made her think of her uncle.

"It’s not about winning it’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving.” something about that instilled something in her. "Yeah unc…did always say that…” she’d look over at the older girl and asked something of an innocent question one that would make sense for someone her age. "Ya think…Unc would be proud o me?” the girl would ask feeling a little lost after everything that had happened. She didn't get the job done and she had wondered if he was here and saw what she did, how would he feel? Was she doing a good job what she doing the right thing? She felt like she was.

MOVMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

[Wrestling Genius]

[Sage Mode]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body and overall Taijutsu prowess increase exponentially most notably her grip strength allowing her to take hold of someone with a painful amount of power amplifying her already proficient ability to grapple with an opponent making it significantly harder to be broken out of as well a deal a considerable amount of damage.

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body Taki is able to use nature energy to harness her powers in order to make her more physically imposing than normal adding to her natural affinities with Taijutsu allowing her move faster and hit harder heavy items thus adding a good amount of power and heft to her attacks allowing her to snap bones with much less effort and outpace a good majority of her enemies with her monstrous charge.

Due to the coarse strength of a gorilla's skin Taki is able to withstand a good amount of extra punishment allowing her to be able to withstand blows from most enemies that most shinobi wouldn't be able to normally withstand. As such blows from strong fighters are reduced by a considerable amount and when struck feel like colliding with a considerably immovable force.

229 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
Chin-Check[Taki]Apr 9, 2022 23:17:33 GMT -5
Okada Himari
Okada Himari Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
Chin-Check
Yup...Reckon he did..."

Himari would grow quiet for a moment as she thought about him. Her father...or as close to one as she would get...

A part of her was still mad at the fact that he managed to get himself into a position as he did. Not only that, but at herself for being so stubborn at the fact that she hadn't found head or hair of him. If Taki was right and he was indeed in a prison within Konohagakure, there was no way to get to him. Not without causing an event. That, and it was just as much a death sentence to try. Of course, that hadn't stopped her cousin from being gong ho over trying. She had to admire that kind of dedication. Though in truth, what did that say about herself?

As she closed her eyes, she'd release a slow breath, still laid out on the bed across from Taki's feet as she heard the girl speak a question of if he'd be proud of her? That was enough to cause Himari to look at the girl with a blank expression, prompting her to grin as she shook her head.

"Daddy?...He'd be grinnin from ear to ear...probably grinin from here to the ocean bout how ya'll gonna take this whole thing by storm in the next two rounds..."

In saying that, the older female would roll herself upward so that she was sitting on the edge of the bed, allowing the grin to fade as she just smiled at her.

"Hell ya he'd be proud...but this ain't bout daddy...ya'll gotta be proud of yaself...if ya'll leave everythin ya'll got out there...put ya heart into it...and of course...use this...ain't nothin not to be proud of..."

Pointing directly at Taki's forehead, she'd gently flick at one of her bangs as she tilted her head.

"Ya hear? So no more of this poutin shit...ya'll still got two more rounds and I ain't hear no bel sayin it's over..right?"

-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-
Show-Stopper

Heart of a Champion

Legacy of a Champion

BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Chin-Check[Taki]Apr 15, 2022 1:24:59 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

As the two kept talking she was reassured that her uncle would surely be proud of her thought sometimes she did wonder if maybe she was going off the deep end with her revenge. She wanted to bring him home but did she really want to become a monster in the process? Would he be proud if he knew just what it was she had planned? Who knows only time would tell. But as gave her that reassurance she’d tap the girl right on the top of her head which the girl would rub her forehead fore and smile to her older cousin.

For once not really saying much. "Thanks, sis.” the girl would say as she wrapped her arms around the older girls waist and dug her head into her chest, feeling a bit emotional letting out that brief moment of vulnerability and shedding a tear and she squeezed. "You're da best.” she’d then pull back and look to her.

"And I promise I'll kick awl da ass, in da next two rounds!” Taki still had a lot of work ahead of her and that draw proved it, but at least he shed more blood than her and in her mind that was at least a small victory but the next time they met he wouldn’t be so lucky, but who knows how she’ll feel by then only time will tell.

MOVMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

[Wrestling Genius]

[Sage Mode]

235 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
Chin-Check[Taki]Apr 18, 2022 13:24:43 GMT -5
Okada Himari
Okada Himari Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
Chin-Check
Now ya'll talkin! That a girl!"

Feeling the embrace, Himari would grin as she hugged her back, giving her a wink as she pulled her arm back and pumped it into her chest.

"Otherwise, I'll be runnin ya through the ringer when ya got back..."

In seeing Taki having regained or taken some confidence in her words, Himari would rise up as she then began to make her way toward the door. It was easily getting late and she didn't want to disrupt the girl's rest any more than she had to. Upon opening the door, she'd give her a thumbs up as she smiled at her.

"I'll be watchin every second of it...go get em.."

In leaving the room, closing the door behind her, Himari would place her back against the wall as she allowed her expression to soften a bit as she then placed one hand upon her face.

"Old man...ya'll better be alive...don't go breakin this girl's heart..."

Saying this softly to herself, Himari would adjust herself as she made her way toward the exit of the building. The next match up would soon begin, and she needed to make sure she got to her seat after speaking to her mother and aunt before it started.

-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-
Show-Stopper

Heart of a Champion

Legacy of a Champion

BRY of W&&R and CAUTION

quick reply

compose a reply