fallen blades
Friend or Foe? [CE, Round 3, Part 2, Kazue vs Kei]Mar 22, 2022 19:04:22 GMT -5
Waruichi Kei
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Waruichi Kei Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age birthday rank occupation
The side still ached, a little.

Though medics did a good job in bringing Kei up to shape after her first fight she won, something had changed. It was, probably, the first time someone purposefully tried to kill her. Kei wasn't stranger to death, she buried many people, including her adoptive father. And yet, it felt ... different, somehow. Approaching fights in good faith, as a sport, was the wrong mindset, it seemed. For all her effort to immobilize a fellow, she got an explosive arrow tag to the side. So, this time, Kei thought, she was ready. Ready to be ruthless if she must! Spent half a day wrapping her tags around kunai handles, hiding them under wraps. The gates were about to open. Whoever was there, would not get a number on Kei!

Or so she thought. 

Because, as soon as those doors flung open, she saw a familiar face. A familiar Kaguya mug, looking as bored and unimpressed as ever! All that prep and pep talk Kei gave herself immediately went down the drain, her expression of determination replaced by ... confusion? Her eyes were wide, as she looked at the 'foe' she was supposed to fight. But this wasn't a foe, this was a teammate! Was fighting one's own even legal? It being her first time, Kei was confused. She approached and took her position opposite to Kazue, and scratched her head. She waved, then.

"Hello, dear friend!
How is your might? 
Tell me how hard you want to fight!
I'd love to see how you have grown,
But... I'm not sure I'd fight my own!"

She stood there, waiting for the Kaguya to say something, and maybe help her make sense of this mess. Surely you weren't supposed to try and harm someone from your own village, right?

Right?
last edit by Waruichi Kei on Mar 22, 2022 19:05:12 GMT -5
has written 147 posts
Friend or Foe? [CE, Round 3, Part 2, Kazue vs Kei]Mar 23, 2022 23:40:46 GMT -5
Kaguya Kazue
If you're not bleeding, you aren't trying hard enough.
Kaguya Kazue Avatar
groupnull
age 19 years old birthday November 30th rank Advanced Genin occupation
[nospaces]
[attr="class","laycake"]
[attr="class","laycake-top"]
[attr="class","laycake-top-slant-1"]

[attr="class","laycake-top-slant-2"]

[attr="class","laycake-top-img"]

[attr="class","laycake-top-icon"][attr="class","th th-skull"]

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric"]originalSIN

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric-2"]AS YOU GENTLY LOOK UP TO THE NIGHT SKY THE[break]TEARS YOU SHED GO COLD

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric-4"]is ending it with my own hands all that I can do in[break]the end?

[attr="class","laycake-mid"]

[attr="class","laycake-icon"]

[attr="class","laycake-lyric"]No matter what I say, it won't reach your[break]perishing heart anymore

[attr="class","laycake-mid-1"]
[attr="class","laycake-tag-1"]
[attr="class","laycake-tag"]

「~ORIGINAL SIN~」 gackt

[attr="class","laycake-mid-2"]

Kazue had enjoyed watching Kei's match. It was between her and one of his newfound comrades, Kashiwa, but he had rooted for her in it. After all, they were on the same team. And of course, as teammates, they had a bit of knowledge of each other's abilities. But Kazue hadn't gotten into a proper spar with her yet. It looked like that was about to change. When he stepped out of the gate with that same stoic expression he gave everyone, he saw Kei and his face lit up into a grin. "Kei! Hell yes... we get to spar and we have an audience. It kind of sucks, though. I was hoping our team would get three straight wins. Now it looks like one of us is gonna have to settle for two. Momochi gets all the luck," he said, shrugging with his hands to the side as he took up position. He rested a hand on his blade.[break][break]She said she didn't want to harm one of her own teammates. He cocked his head to the side. "Well c'mon, Kei. Sensei doesn't teach us like that. Hit me as hard as you want. I can take it." He still got the distinct impression Kei didn't understand what it meant to be a shinobi. But be that as it may, she was still one of his friends. New as she were. "I'm no good without my sword. But I'm not going to try and kill you or anything. Don't have to hit you with the blade, you know..." He looked down at his sword briefly, before returning his gaze to her. "Hand to hand. Blade match. No techniques- whatever you wanna do, let's do it." And then, when the proctor called for the match to begin, he suddenly darted forward, just as he had in the last match. He would dart in close to Kei and use Iaigiri to strike for her ribs with his sword. But after the draw, he would turn the blade around quickly so it would hit with the back instead of the blade. "Just make it flashy!"[break][break][break][break]

NAME: Iaigiri - [Iai Beheading][break]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low[break]
CLASSIFICATION: Bukijutsu[break]
ELEMENT: N/a[break]
DESCRIPTION:[break]
The user performs a quick and powerful slash with their sword, appearing almost like a blur, in order to cut the intended target before immediately resheathing the blade afterward. In the hands of the right user, this attack can even cut clean through a boulder.[break][break]

NAME: Yanagi no Mai [Dance of the Willow][break]
CLASSIFICATION: Taijutsu // Kekkei Genkai[break]
ELEMENT: N/A[break]
The user will grow eight long, thin, pointed bone blades from their body to use as weapons. There isn't any set form for the Dance of the Willow, much like a willow that is shaken by the wind, the opponent's attacks are simply parried and countered with extremely uncoordinated movements. The hardened bones are easily capable of cleaving through flesh and other bone. The bones will protrude from the palms of the user's hands, elbows, knees, and shoulders. This dance form is incredibly acrobatic, using spins, charges, and long sweeping slashes to make the strikes more effective and to evade opponents' counter strikes. The user can extend the bones from sixty centimeters to a meter in a half in length.[break][break]

NAME: Karamatsu no Mai [Dance of the Larch][break]
A primarily defensive technique, the user will instantly extend up to two dozen short, sharp-pointed bones. The bones can be used to block or trap an opponent's strikes. Often the stronger the opponent's physical attack, the more powerful the counterattack is the worse they maim themselves by the surprise defense. The sudden appearance of the bones, combined with the needle-like bones high killing ability, makes way for a technique which potential his high for battle. In addition to being an unwelcome surprise for opponents, it makes the user virtually, physically untouchable at close range. If an opponent gets too close for comfort, the user can simply start spinning rapidly, turning themselves into a razor-sharp shredding machine.[break][break]

NAME: Kumo-Ryu Iragiri - [Cloud-Style Reverse Beheading][break]
The user does a powerful spin, generating the momentum needed to slash at any opponents behind them.

[attr="class","laycake-lyric-2"]a melody of crimson tears, the loneliness of a moonlit night

[attr="class","laycake-overlay"]

[googlefont=Kumar+One+Outline:400]
[googlefont=Abril+Fatface:400]
[googlefont=Roboto:400,700]
[newclass=.laycake]margin:25px 0px;width:600px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;background-color:#e9e9e9; }.laycake-top { border-bottom:solid 2px #000000;border-top:solid 2px #000000;width:600px;height:250px;background-color:#b09494;position:relative;overflow:hidden;text-shadow:.75px .75px 0px #000000, .75px 0px 0px #000000, 0px .75px 0px #000000, -.75px 0px 0px #000000, 0px -.75px 0px #000000, -.75px .75px 0px #000000, .75px -.75px 0px #000000, -.75px -.75px 0px #000000; }
.laycake-top-slant-1 { position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;margin-top:100px;border-left:solid 250px #ffffff;border-bottom:solid 75px #ffffff;border-top:solid 75px transparent;border-right:solid 250px transparent; }.laycake-top-slant-2 { position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;border-right:solid 250px #bd3939;border-bottom:solid 125px #bd3939;border-top:solid 125px transparent;border-left:solid 250px transparent;margin-left:150px; }.laycake-top-img { height:250px;width:650px;background-image:url(https://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/17/61/09/29/kazue_14.jpg);mix-blend-mode:multiply;position:absolute;z-index:1; }
.laycake-top-icon { font-size:170px;line-height:170px;text-align:right;width:570px;margin-top:35px;position:absolute;color:#bd3939; }.laycake-top-lyric { position:absolute;font:60px Kumar One Outline;color:#eeeeee;letter-spacing:6.9px;z-index:2;line-height:60px;text-align:right;width:548px;margin-top:100px; }.laycake-top-lyric-2 { margin:160px 0px 0px 66px;background-color:#000000;position:absolute;z-index:2;padding:10px 0px 10px 5px;width:465px;text-align:center;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:4.45px; }.laycake-top-lyric-2 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#bd3939; }.laycake-top-lyric-3 { font:112px Kumar One Outline;position:absolute;z-index:2;letter-spacing:-4px;line-height:126px;color:#eeeeee;text-align:right;width:540px;margin-top:100px; }.laycake-top-lyric-4 { background:linear-gradient(to right,rgba(0,0,0,0),rgba(0,0,0,0),rgba(0,0,0,1));color:#eeeeee!important;text-shadow:none;font:10px Abril Fatface;text-transform:uppercase;padding:10px;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:3px;color:#eeeeee;width:515px;text-align:right;margin-top:50px;position:absolute;z-index:2; }.laycake-top-lyric-4 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#bd3939;line-height:10px; }.laycake-mid { border-bottom:solid 2px #000000;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/WvBL93G/Aist-Firre.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top left; }.laycake-mid table { border-spacing:0px; }.laycake-icon { height:100px;width:100px;position:absolute;margin:-35px 0px 0px -15px;z-index:10;border:solid 2px #000000;padding:13px;border-radius:100%;background-color:#eeeeee; }.laycake-icon img { height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%; }.laycake-lyric { background-color:#000000;padding:15px 13px 15px 25px;display:inline-block;margin:35px 35px 35px 95px;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2.6px;white-space:nowrap; }.laycake-mid-1 { padding:0px 35px 110px 35px; }.laycake-mid-2 { font:12px Roboto;padding-left:30px;padding:0px 25px 0px 40px;text-align:justify;color:#222222;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #e9e9e9; }.laycake-mid-2 b { color:#bd3939; }.laycake-mid-2 i { color:#888888; }.laycake-tag { margin-top:75px;letter-spacing:1px;font:10px Abril Fatface;text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;line-height:10px;transform:rotate(-90deg);background-color:#bd3939;padding:15px;transform-origin:0px 0px;position:absolute; }.laycake-tag a { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#eeeeee!important;text-decoration:none; }.laycake-lyric-2 { background-color:#000000;padding:15px;float:right;margin:-75px 35px 0px 105px;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2px; }.laycake-lyric b, .laycake-lyric-2 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#bd3939; }.laycake-overlay { height:300px;width:80px;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/WnfdXNC/AisFire.png);mix-blend-mode:multiply;[/newclass]
Kyte has written 182 posts
Friend or Foe? [CE, Round 3, Part 2, Kazue vs Kei]Mar 25, 2022 12:31:44 GMT -5
Waruichi Kei
Waruichi Kei Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
He's a tough guy, he can take it, yeah? Yeah!

Kei grinned underneath her bandages, as she gave Kazue a thumbs up. The proctor was about to give the signal for the fight to begin. He wanted to make it flashy, he'll get it! Literally! As soon as Kazue bolted forward, Kei did so backwards, to slow down her advance towards herself. She inclined her head a little, catching a beam of light coming from one of the projectors, directing it at the boy just as he was about to make his strike. It helped her dodge the strike, as the light was capable of blinding, if only temporary. As the strike swooshed in front of her, Kei knew it was her time to exploit the flash she used against him! Her wraps moved off  of her body, moving six separate appendages, carrying whatever they hid within, launching themselves towards Kazue, on his chest, arms, and legs!

And should they make contact, they'd stick, and try wrapping themselves around the boy!

"You say you're tough, we'll see how true!
For Kei can use Hijutsu, too!"

While Kazue would try and fight off her bandages, Kei would make some distance between themselves, trying to keep away from that sword. Should he keep going towards her, she'd keep retreating! Between the two of them, she was probably more agile on her feet, bar any ninjutsu used to catch up to her! And even then, she had a few tricks up her sleeve, too. Truth to be told, she never fought a Kaguya before. She knew he made a sword out of bone, and that he hardly flinched when teacher punch him. But was that toughness only skin-deep?

She was gonna find out soon enough!

Jutsus used:

NAME: Totsuzenno furasshu [Sudden flash]
CHAKRA USAGE: N/A
CLASSIFICATION: Taijutsu
ELEMENT: N/A
DESCRIPTION:
A trick move used to distract the enemy. Since most ninjas have forehead protectors, Kei invented a use for her own. Angling her head at a certain angle, she can catch a beam of sunlight, or any other light, and direct it at the opponent's eyes, suprising and blinding them temporarely.

NAME: Hotai no Seikatsu [Living Bandage]]
CHAKRA USAGE: Low
CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu
DESCRIPTION:
Kei would channel her chakra into her bandages, making its ends stretch out from her body like appendages. There are six in total, and they can stretch out as far as 10 meters, and grab at things. While not strong enough to fling a fully grown human around, these appendages are still strong enough to keep one still, and lift objects. The user needs not any handseals to use this technique, however the bandage in question has to be the 'special' waruichi brand.

NAME: Nenchakusei Gaaru Hotai [Sticky bandage]
CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low
DESCRIPTION:
By channeling a little bit of chakra into the bandage, the user can make it cling and stick to any surface it touches, rather than simply falling off. The 'hold' of such a technique is pretty strong - one would need to pull hard to make the bandage release the grip, but then ... it would simply stick to the hand that pulls at it!

Relevant item:

Kei's Bandages
Description: Despite not looking like much, the bandages are Kei's 'special' set of Waruichi clothes, made from silk the silkworms created while consuming her own flesh. They are infused with her chakra, and act like extensions of her body - she can channel chakra and manipulate them with ease, and as she sees fit. They're very sturdy - can take swordblows without ripping, and dull the edge of the finest blade. They also do not burn, or conduct electricity. By channeling chakra through them, the girl can elongate the bandages to almost trice their length, or shorten them, without losing their physical properties. The whole set is around 30 meters worth of bandage, neatly wrapped around the body. Despite so long, its weight is insignificant enough to be ignored.
last edit by Waruichi Kei on Mar 25, 2022 17:29:33 GMT -5
has written 147 posts
Friend or Foe? [CE, Round 3, Part 2, Kazue vs Kei]Mar 27, 2022 3:31:26 GMT -5
Kaguya Kazue
Kaguya Kazue Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]
[attr="class","laycake"]

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric-2"]AS YOU GENTLY LOOK UP TO THE NIGHT SKY THE[break]TEARS YOU SHED GO COLD

[attr="class","laycake-top-lyric-4"]is ending it with my own hands all that I can do in[break]the end?

[attr="class","laycake-lyric"]No matter what I say, it won't reach your[break]perishing heart anymore

「~ORIGINAL SIN~」 gackt

He blinked when all she did was give him a thumbs-up, and then managed to get the sun in his eyes with her headband. What the hell?! he raised his arm up in front of his eye to get the light out, looking at her feet as he made his draw. But the blade would likely whiff with the momentary distraction, or at most leave a glancing blow on her side with the blunt end of the blade. He dropped his arm when she backed away, and he suddenly saw she was stretching out her bandages to him. They attached to him, and he grits his teeth, slashing down on them. No luck. So these were the Waruichi fabrics. She's using the bandages?! He thought quickly, jumping back and tearing his haori off. He normally wore it loose, so it would be easy to take it off and leave it on those four bandages. He noticed she had two on his legs, but those weren't so easy to get rid of without going nude. He tried to rip them off while beginning to run away. Each time they moved to wrap around his legs, he would move farther so they didn't gain the slack necessary to do so. With her moving away from him, anticipating his advance, that should work against her favor. He gave a few hard tugs, ferociously trying to rip the bandages off of his legs. He didn't care if cloth came with it. "Hey! I was all nice and shit, asking you what you wanted to do. I even offered no cutting! But I can't use my techniques if there's no cutting! So how do you want to play this?!" He continued moving away. If he was successful in ripping the bandages off with his free arm, he would notice they were sticking to him. He scoffed but would wrap the bandages around his wrist twice. If she wanted to try and pull him closer, he would keep moving away. He had an idea however and would make a few quick seals for a jutsu.[break][break][break][break]

The user performs a quick and powerful slash with their sword, appearing almost like a blur, in order to cut the intended target before immediately resheathing the blade afterward. In the hands of the right user, this attack can even cut clean through a boulder.[break][break]

The user will grow eight long, thin, pointed bone blades from their body to use as weapons. There isn't any set form for the Dance of the Willow, much like a willow that is shaken by the wind, the opponent's attacks are simply parried and countered with extremely uncoordinated movements. The hardened bones are easily capable of cleaving through flesh and other bone. The bones will protrude from the palms of the user's hands, elbows, knees, and shoulders. This dance form is incredibly acrobatic, using spins, charges, and long sweeping slashes to make the strikes more effective and to evade opponents' counter strikes. The user can extend the bones from sixty centimeters to a meter in a half in length.[break][break]

A primarily defensive technique, the user will instantly extend up to two dozen short, sharp-pointed bones. The bones can be used to block or trap an opponent's strikes. Often the stronger the opponent's physical attack, the more powerful the counterattack is the worse they maim themselves by the surprise defense. The sudden appearance of the bones, combined with the needle-like bones high killing ability, makes way for a technique which potential his high for battle. In addition to being an unwelcome surprise for opponents, it makes the user virtually, physically untouchable at close range. If an opponent gets too close for comfort, the user can simply start spinning rapidly, turning themselves into a razor-sharp shredding machine.[break][break]

The user does a powerful spin, generating the momentum needed to slash at any opponents behind them.

[attr="class","laycake-lyric-2"]a melody of crimson tears, the loneliness of a moonlit night

[newclass=.laycake]margin:25px 0px;width:600px;font:10px Verdana;text-align:justify;background-color:#e9e9e9; }.laycake-top { border-bottom:solid 2px #000000;border-top:solid 2px #000000;width:600px;height:250px;background-color:#b09494;position:relative;overflow:hidden;text-shadow:.75px .75px 0px #000000, .75px 0px 0px #000000, 0px .75px 0px #000000, -.75px 0px 0px #000000, 0px -.75px 0px #000000, -.75px .75px 0px #000000, .75px -.75px 0px #000000, -.75px -.75px 0px #000000; }
.laycake-top-slant-1 { position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;margin-top:100px;border-left:solid 250px #ffffff;border-bottom:solid 75px #ffffff;border-top:solid 75px transparent;border-right:solid 250px transparent; }.laycake-top-slant-2 { position:absolute;height:0px;width:0px;border-right:solid 250px #bd3939;border-bottom:solid 125px #bd3939;border-top:solid 125px transparent;border-left:solid 250px transparent;margin-left:150px; }.laycake-top-img { height:250px;width:650px;background-image:url(https://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/17/61/09/29/kazue_14.jpg);mix-blend-mode:multiply;position:absolute;z-index:1; }
.laycake-top-icon { font-size:170px;line-height:170px;text-align:right;width:570px;margin-top:35px;position:absolute;color:#bd3939; }.laycake-top-lyric { position:absolute;font:60px Kumar One Outline;color:#eeeeee;letter-spacing:6.9px;z-index:2;line-height:60px;text-align:right;width:548px;margin-top:100px; }.laycake-top-lyric-2 { margin:160px 0px 0px 66px;background-color:#000000;position:absolute;z-index:2;padding:10px 0px 10px 5px;width:465px;text-align:center;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:4.45px; }.laycake-top-lyric-2 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#bd3939; }.laycake-top-lyric-3 { font:112px Kumar One Outline;position:absolute;z-index:2;letter-spacing:-4px;line-height:126px;color:#eeeeee;text-align:right;width:540px;margin-top:100px; }.laycake-top-lyric-4 { background:linear-gradient(to right,rgba(0,0,0,0),rgba(0,0,0,0),rgba(0,0,0,1));color:#eeeeee!important;text-shadow:none;font:10px Abril Fatface;text-transform:uppercase;padding:10px;line-height:10px;letter-spacing:3px;color:#eeeeee;width:515px;text-align:right;margin-top:50px;position:absolute;z-index:2; }.laycake-top-lyric-4 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#bd3939;line-height:10px; }.laycake-mid { border-bottom:solid 2px #000000;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/WvBL93G/Aist-Firre.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top left; }.laycake-mid table { border-spacing:0px; }.laycake-icon { height:100px;width:100px;position:absolute;margin:-35px 0px 0px -15px;z-index:10;border:solid 2px #000000;padding:13px;border-radius:100%;background-color:#eeeeee; }.laycake-icon img { height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%; }.laycake-lyric { background-color:#000000;padding:15px 13px 15px 25px;display:inline-block;margin:35px 35px 35px 95px;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2.6px;white-space:nowrap; }.laycake-mid-1 { padding:0px 35px 110px 35px; }.laycake-mid-2 { font:12px Roboto;padding-left:30px;padding:0px 25px 0px 40px;text-align:justify;color:#222222;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #e9e9e9; }.laycake-mid-2 b { color:#bd3939; }.laycake-mid-2 i { color:#888888; }.laycake-tag { margin-top:75px;letter-spacing:1px;font:10px Abril Fatface;text-transform:uppercase;white-space:nowrap;line-height:10px;transform:rotate(-90deg);background-color:#bd3939;padding:15px;transform-origin:0px 0px;position:absolute; }.laycake-tag a { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#eeeeee!important;text-decoration:none; }.laycake-lyric-2 { background-color:#000000;padding:15px;float:right;margin:-75px 35px 0px 105px;font:10px Abril Fatface;color:#eeeeee;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:2px; }.laycake-lyric b, .laycake-lyric-2 b { font:10px Abril Fatface;line-height:10px;color:#bd3939; }.laycake-overlay { height:300px;width:80px;background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/WnfdXNC/AisFire.png);mix-blend-mode:multiply;[/newclass]
Friend or Foe? [CE, Round 3, Part 2, Kazue vs Kei]Mar 27, 2022 10:19:39 GMT -5
Waruichi Kei
Waruichi Kei Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
As Kazue would learn, Kei's bandages were very difficult to cut!

In fact, his bone sword hardly nicked the fabrics when attempted to make a slash. Instead, it got glued to the wraps as well, making it hard to pull it away, too! The four bandagey appendages claimed the Kaguya's haori, flailing with it, while the other two wrapped around the boy's legs. As he would discover, trying to walk away with them on would be hard! Kei stopped and remained where she was, and the bandages slowly snaked up his legs, essentially pulling and reeling him back towards her! Trying to grab the fabrics to tear them off did not help much, only getting one's hand stuck to the insidious bandages!

"You can cut them, if you can!
But beware of tags inside!
They are against you, they'll go bang!
Last time they did, I almost died!"

And indeed, among the bandagey appendages, there were tags Kei placed before the fight! It would have been a great time to blow Kazue's legs off, but she held back, for not wanting to harm a friend! Instead, while he unglued his hands from the bandages, she would remove two tendrils holding the haori, and launch them towards his arms! Wrapping the ends around the wrists and prying his hands away from one another. Kei already fought a person who could do things with one-handed seals. She did not know if Kazue was capable of same feats, but can't be too careful! So, the bandages would seek to glue his fingers together as well. Finally, the last two remaining bandages holding the Haori would drop in on top of the boy's face, like a bag! 

Hopefully, it would be enough to restrain and bag Kazue without hurting him too much. Except for his pride, maybe. But that one could heal too, yes-yes?

Jutsus used:

NAME: Hotai no Seikatsu [Living Bandage]]

CHAKRA USAGE: Low

DESCRIPTION:

Kei would channel her chakra into her bandages, making its ends stretch out from her body like appendages. There are six in total, and they can stretch out as far as 10 meters, and grab at things. While not strong enough to fling a fully grown human around, these appendages are still strong enough to keep one still, and lift objects. The user needs not any handseals to use this technique, however the bandage in question has to be the 'special' waruichi brand.

NAME: Nenchakusei Gaaru Hotai [Sticky bandage]

DESCRIPTION:

By channeling a little bit of chakra into the bandage, the user can make it cling and stick to any surface it touches, rather than simply falling off. The 'hold' of such a technique is pretty strong - one would need to pull hard to make the bandage release the grip, but then ... it would simply stick to the hand that pulls at it!

Relevant items:

Kei's Bandages

Description: Despite not looking like much, the bandages are Kei's 'special' set of Waruichi clothes, made from silk the silkworms created while consuming her own flesh. They are infused with her chakra, and act like extensions of her body - she can channel chakra and manipulate them with ease, and as she sees fit. They're very sturdy - can take swordblows without ripping, and dull the edge of the finest blade. They also do not burn, or conduct electricity. By channeling chakra through them, the girl can elongate the bandages to almost trice their length, or shorten them, without losing their physical properties. The whole set is around 30 meters worth of bandage, neatly wrapped around the body. Despite so long, its weight is insignificant enough to be ignored.

Explosive tags x6 - described having been placed under wraps in my first post.

last edit by Waruichi Kei on Mar 27, 2022 10:21:26 GMT -5
has written 147 posts
Friend or Foe? [CE, Round 3, Part 2, Kazue vs Kei]Mar 29, 2022 11:35:58 GMT -5
Kaguya Kazue
Kaguya Kazue Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]
[attr="class","laycake"]

「~ORIGINAL SIN~」 gackt

Kazue was beginning to quickly realize that although Kei was kind-hearted, she wasn't weak. That was all she needed to show him. "The bandages and explosive tags? That's a pretty neat trick. But I thought we were going for a slugfest. Saaberu." He channeled a violent wave of chakra through his sword, freeing it from the bandage it had only slightly nicked. With a skilled flick of the wrist, he sent a wave of cutting chakra through his haori and all the bandages approaching him, careful not to catch Kei in the crosshairs. And almost in the same motion, he brought the blade down, sending that same violent wave of chakra through his sword to enhance its cutting power and sever the bandages tying his feet, right above the explosive tags so that she didn't have the explosive tags in those for her next moves. If they weren't completely severed he would make another quick cut, the ground of the arena being cut up in front of him. With the bandages around his feet severed, he hopped back twice to gain some distance and made three quick hand seals. "Kirigakure no Jutsu." This was already an uphill battle. She had more experience and the ability to manipulate those bandages of hers freely. And he didn't want to fight as if he was trying to kill her. He was going to make this an even fight.[break][break]The mist jutsu came and obscured them from each other. The Saaberu no Jutsu was one of his aces in the hole. He didn't want to show his bones until he absolutely needed to. And he couldn't use them against Kei for a friendly fight. But luckily, he had learned there was another option. He would mold chakra and make one more cut with the Saaberu technique before releasing it. And let's follow it up with... Sokudo. Yet another violent slash of chakra came hurtling right towards her- no, it was to her right. In fact, if she was still in the same position, it was guaranteed to miss. But that, of course, was all part of the plan. Moving quietly and assisted by the mist, Kazue came darting in from her left, much faster than he could normally move. His blade was sheathed, and he made another strike using Iaigiri to make an impressively fast strike to her ribs with the flat of his blade. There was little else he could do than rush in and go for a knockout as soon as possible.[break][break]"You almost had me there, Kei!"[break]"But I wanna do things my way!"[break][break][break][break]

NAME: Saaberu no Jutsu - [Sabre Technique][break]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium[break]
Employing the use of chakra flow, the user runs chakra through their swords, extending both the reach and cutting ability of the blade while allowing the user to fire crescents of chakra whenever the blade is swung on command. This released chakra is capable of great destruction as these projectiles are capable of completely penetrating large stone pillars and still travel in their intended direction.[break][break]

Name:Kirigakure no Jutsu - [Hidden Mist Technique][break]
CHAKRA USAGE: Medium[break]
Type:Ninjutsu[break]
Element:Suiton[break]
HANDSEALS: 3[break]
Requirement:Kirigakure Shinobi Only[break]
Description:[break]
Kirigakure no Jutsu is a Ninjutsu utilized by Hidden Mist ninja. The ninja causes the surrounding area to be covered in fog. The low visibility allows the ninja to silently and secretly assassinate their target.[break][break]

NAME: Sokudo [Literally Meaning Speed][break]
CHAKRA USAGE: High [Continuous][break]
CLASSIFICATION: Taijutsu[break]
ELEMENT: -[break]
HANDSEALS: 0[break]
Sokudo is a method of using chakra passively to reinforce the body's physical capabilities. Such things are movement-based rather than just brute strength would. It gives the user's muscle stimulation, allowing increased hand movement, wrist, arms, and even the legs. This can be used to just have everything work more proficiently. Though, after being used for more than seven posts, the user's muscles will be sore as if they just did an extensive workout. IF continued to be used, eleven posts will begin to break down muscle. Intense pain followed, forced technique shut down.[break][break]

last edit by Kaguya Kazue on Mar 29, 2022 11:37:40 GMT -5
Friend or Foe? [CE, Round 3, Part 2, Kazue vs Kei]Mar 31, 2022 10:28:35 GMT -5
Waruichi Kei
Waruichi Kei Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
He managed to cut out of bandages!

Kei was caught aghast and surprised by the fact, as she saw the bits and pieces of cloths flying around, in the aftermath of being cut by that chakra blade. Still, those bits that were stuck to his legs remained where they were, glued by the chakra pumped into them earlier. When the boy did so, Kei brought her hands together, to form a snake seal. But she did not complete it, not wanting to really activate the tags around Kazue's legs. Instead, she yelled out:

"Boom! Pow! You've been blown up!
You should be limping, if you're not!"

The Waruichi retracted her bandages back to herself, a bit, as the boy fell back, and made some seals. Soon, the moisture around them rose into air, obscuring both from view. Kei knew of this jutsu! Everyone in Kirigakure seemed to. It was very sneaky, but Kei was not much of a sneak! And neither was Kazue, for that matter! "Great job! Now we're both blind!" - she yelled into the mist, even as she formed seals to use another jutsu of hers. Those ends of her bandages she's been dragging back split into multiple strands. Each as strong as the other, but spread over a ten-meter area all around her. On the floor, and suspended in the air. They were hard to see even without the mist, but with it? Nigh impossible. Especially for a speedy-speed boy like Kazue. 

His diversionary attack managed to make Kei's head turn to see what it was, but when he charged, he ran head-first into the silky strands hovering in the air. And as he beelined towards Kei, he caught all the strands possible. They were like web, sticky, as Kei continued to channel chakra into the strands. They would glue and gunk to Kazue's face, arms, clothes, weapons, and feet! In fact, most of them would glue to his feet and follow it, making it very hard to run! And even if he slashed them off, they'd still remain on his body, catching and getting glued to everything, including parts of his own body!

"Ehe! You've been got!" - Kei announced, evading his sword-swing, now that his approach was slowed down significantly, by hopping backwards. Reaching into her pouch, she lobbed a few tagged kunai at her low-mobility foe!

Sticky Bandage;

Ame no Ori Kou[Web of the Weaver]

HANDSEALS: Three

DESCRIPTION:

This technique can be used to unravel a bolt or ribbon of silk, or on already isolated silk threads, to loosely spread them around an area. The silk is suspended in the air in either a 180 degree angle out to 20 meters, or a 360 degree coverage out to 10 meters. On its own, this technique is harmless. However, as the silk threads can be tricky to see, and are strewn all around, it can be difficult to avoid them. Traveling through an area covered by this technique is bound to cause threads to collect on a body which can be utilized by other techniques.

has written 147 posts
Friend or Foe? [CE, Round 3, Part 2, Kazue vs Kei]Apr 1, 2022 22:25:45 GMT -5
Kaguya Kazue
Kaguya Kazue Avatar
groupnull
[nospaces]
[attr="class","laycake"]

「~ORIGINAL SIN~」 gackt

It took Kazue some time to fully process what Kei had meant by the explosion thing. At first, he had thought she was just being silly, but on his way through the mist, he remembered the bandages on his legs and the explosive tags attached to them. He came grinding to a halt before he made it to Kei. He didn't emerge to entangle himself in her bandages. Instead, the mist would clear up as he walked towards her with his blade hauled over his shoulder. "Hmm... I guess I wouldn't be able to fight with my legs blown off, huh." He looked down at his legs briefly before returning his gaze to her. "Guess I can't risk cutting the tags, either." He saw the bandages floating in midair as he raised his hand. If Kei still threw the kunai at him, he would quickly deflect them while moving out of the way. He could have let them hit, but this fight was working in his favor by not revealing his abilities. "Screw it, then. To them, you probably won this fight as soon as you got those on me. I give, proctor." He sheathed his sword, stretching a bit. He looked at his haori, which was in tatters. His lips formed a line before he returned his gaze to Kei. "Now can you get this shit off of me? Or at least make them stop sticking to me?" He didn't seem too hung up about throwing the fight. But he was thinking. Kei... why the hell do you want to be a shinobi, anyway?[break][break][break][break]

Friend or Foe? [CE, Round 3, Part 2, Kazue vs Kei]Apr 2, 2022 14:43:26 GMT -5
Waruichi Kei
Waruichi Kei Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
The fighting... it stopped!

When the mist cleared out, Kei saw Kazue standing on the edge of her sticky thread trap. Did he just ... surrender? She blinked a few times, tilting her head to the side. She didn't expect him to! He always struck her as a diehard fight-to-the-last kind of guy! Did her decision to play nice and not detonate the tags get to him? Or did she just annoy him enough with her sticky bandages. When the boy announced his surrender to the proctors, and asked her to take off those bandages, she nodded a few times.

"I will, I will! I'll take them off!
I know it's not the fight you wanted~
To fight the ones with whom you bonded.
Good luck in your next match, though!"

Having said that, Kei knelt and brought her hands to the bandages. Once touched, they slid off as if they were normal ones. She opened them up for Kazue to see the tags plastered on the inner side, to show that she was not tricking him! Though, tricking someone into surrendering like that would have been most amusing. Having done that, and gathering the threaded bandages back into the bundle, the girl faced the crowd, whose reactions were unclear at this time. Swayed by emotion, Kei took Kazue's wrist into her hand, and rose it up, with her hand. To the audience, and the proctors, this must have been a very strange fight to look at and review, where both weren't eager to hurt each other. 

To Kei though, this was quite alright. She wasn't going to harm a fellow friend and a villager for some silly points! Not that she had earned many to begin with. And if Kazue were to ask her that silent question, the Waruichi wouldn't be able to answer it either. Sense of duty, maybe? A new job? A sense of fun and exploration, with a little bit of murder mixed in. Whatever it was ... Kei was not going to be your average shinobi. With the fight declared finished, she would walk out the stadium with the boy. Once past the gates, Kei would add a line:

"No matter what, Kiri's the best!
No point for us to hurt each other
Fight to the death at their behest.
Now that it's done, lets get some rest!"

[End Thread?]
last edit by Waruichi Kei on Apr 2, 2022 14:44:02 GMT -5
has written 147 posts