The Shinigami's Raiment

compose a reply
The Shinigami's RaimentAug 16, 2022 11:31:09 GMT -5
cocoa
Reflect carefully upon your actions.
cocoa Avatar
groupGlobal Moderator
age birthday rank occupation
Hi Fairemont, I'm going to try my best to do a concise review on these, but there's a lot to get through.

- it seems like you may want to review Yori's commentary on Reactive vs Conductive properties. To me it seems a bit like you're trying to split the difference and accomplish both at once - saying your silk "reacts" to the chakra but also that you can conduct jutsu through it.

shinigami's raiment
There's a lot of doubling up going on in the SA concepts here. Generally speaking, we don't like it when people have double SAs accomplishing the same thing (ex: I wouldn't let someone take two Strength SAs to become even strengthier.) This means the mentions of Enhanced durability/defense on all equipment SAs aren't going to fly.

I think a more simple and acceptable way to accomplish what you're trying to accomplish here is:
SA1/Rebuke Defeat (Defense): The Shinigami's Raiment uses Kiko's most potent silk, created from her own chakra and flesh, and its potency shows. Her raiment has increased defenses, etc. etc.

SA2/Sharp Resistance: While we don't allow SAs that double up effects, we can allow for secondary SAs that accomplish a more specific function. You can make the item more slash resistant.

SA3/Durability Increase: Since durability isn't mentioned in any other SA in this new format I'm outlining, it is fine to use it as a third SA here.

SA4/Chakra Conductive: (This is just an example, doesn't have to be this jutsu). The Raiment can channel the Silk Shield technique. Because it is made from Kiko's own silk and chakra, it holds her chakra particularly effectively. For this reason, it can hold the shield shape for 1 rotation after chakra stops being supplied, allowing the owner to mould her chakra for other techniques while her defenses remain active.

death ward
As Yori said in his review, noble phantasm would probably be better apped as a jutsu that can then be conducted in a manner similar to the shield example I used above. As it stands, its effects are just too vague and this isn't quite the spirit of conductive/reactive equipment.

My rework would either be, as I said above to create a jutsu for noble phantasm, or do the below -

SA1: The Death Ward's silk is pressed especially narrow and fine, allowing it to flick through the air with greater wind resistance, increasing the speed at which attacks delivered with it can be dealt.

swift reaping silk
You probably know what I'm going to say by now, so I won't repeat myself too much, but all of the above goes for this equipment as well. A reactive version of this would be more to the effect of -

Reaper's Touch (chakra reactive): When imbued with Fuuton chakra, the swift reaping silk billows in a deadly web formation, weaving a (x meter) area with cutting ribbons. This can ensnare opponents or create openings for silk attacks from multiple angles.

I won't go into all this again for the imperfect, etc. versions. You're very intuitive and creative so I'm sure you can think of adaptations for the lower levels.

Let me know if you have any questions or want to further workshop things together!
Cocoa has written 196 posts