The Shinigami's Raiment

compose a reply
The Shinigami's RaimentMar 24, 2022 8:25:20 GMT -5
Kiko
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Kiko Avatar
groupnull
age Twenty-One years old birthday December 1 rank Chuunin occupation Shinigami-sama
Shinigami's raiment [Perfected]

OWNER:
Komatsuzaki Kiko

CLASSIFICATION: Combination: Defensive, Supplementary

ELEMENT: N/A

RESTRICTIONS: Personal [Kiko]

DESCRIPTION:

The Waruichi, masters of the Silken Influence, are renown across the world for the impressive armor they produce and sell, but none of that compares to that which they keep for themselves. These battle garments come in different sizes and styles, but all are among the most powerful that the Waruichi can produce. The silk of each Waruichi's personal variety is spun from a unique colony of worms, dedicated to that particular Waruichi, and these worms feed upon the chakra, as well as the body, of their host Waruichi to produce this incredible silk.

The Raiment itself is an unornamented black kimono, with a simple white nagajuban underneath. She does combine it with a pair of sandals, but they are merely that, and far from special. None would consider this garment to be special upon first glance, but the Shinigami's Raiment is anything but a normal kimono.

This, however, is the final version of Kiko's kimono. It has been perfected, and is stronger than ever before.

ABILITIES:

Rebuke Defeat | Chakra Reactive
The Shinigami's Raiment uses Kiko's most potent silk, created from her own chakra and flesh, and it's potency shows. Kiko's silk reacts swiftly to even the slightest command, and infusing her silk with her own chakra raises not only its passive defense, but the strength of any defensive Silken Influence technique used with the silk. 

Rebuke Defeat has a low chakra cost that is added to the cost of any technique it is reinforcing, but will improve the durability of the silk, and subsequently, the defensive properties of the technique.

Divine Raiment | Sublime Defense
The Shinigami's Raiment is among the best armors in the shinobi world. Kiko's personal silk is lightweight, durable, flexible, and has high tensile strength earning it the nickname "iron silk". Its versatility is its greatest advantage, and it is extremely difficult to cut; contrary to expectations, silk is water repellant as well as particularly resistant to ignition from fire. 

The raiment is potent, and has good coverage, making it difficult to bypass with weapons. It is most useful against physical weapons, such as shuriken, kunai, swords and other implements of war, but also against jutsus that have similar effects such as blades of wind or spears of earth. 

Though it is unlikely to light on fire, the raiment is not well-suited to protecting against fire as she is vulnerable to flames and heat bypassing her defenses. 

Eternal Silk | Durability Increase
This silk is Kiko's "pride and joy". It's built to be the most durable silk she has. It resists damage far more than her battle-ready silks, and even more than her other "personal" silks. Likewise, she finds it far easier to repair if it is damaged.

Death ward [Perfected]

OWNER: Komatsuzaki Kiko

CLASSIFICATION: Combination: Defensive, Supplementary

DESCRIPTION:

The Death Ward is an accessory part of the Shinigami's Raiment that takes the form of an apron around her waist and a connected sash that loops over one shoulder. It is neither gaudy, nor particularly eye-catching, but it does add a bit of color and pattern to the otherwise monotonous black kimono beneath. Made of a combination of lavender and violet squares in a checkerboard pattern, it is simple, yet refined in its own way.

When Noble Phantasm is activated, it surrounds Kiko with a silken specter reminiscent of a reaper spirit. Perhaps because it is shades of purple, it is less terrifying than some, but it is an extremely potent defensive tool. While it can be used as offensive silk, it is no better suited to it than Kiko's normal battle ready silk.

ABILITIES:

Noble Phantasm | Chakra Reactive
The Death Ward sash is capable of reacting with Kiko's chakra to active very quickly. Upon activation, the silk unravels and creates a cloak-like barrier around Kiko, generally suspended at about arm's reach. This particular silk is infused in a manner that allows Kiko to achieve optimal reactive performance with defensive techniques, reducing any deficit she would have otherwise suffered in terms of silk speed

Noble Phantasm requires a very low chakra cost to maintain its presence and readiness. Attacks or defenses require an additional jutsu. 

Life Ward | Improved Defense
Though by no means as impressive as the Shinigami's Raiment, the Death Ward sash is still a potent defensive tool. When worn or used as part of a jutsu, it adds an extra layer of defense that is useful against physical weapons, such as shuriken, kunai, swords and other implements of war, but also against jutsus that have similar effects such as blades of wind or spears of earth. 

Swift reaping silk [Perfected] 

CLASSIFICATION: Combination: Offensive, Supplementary

DESCRIPTION:

The highest order of Kiko's battle ready silk is the Swift Reaping Silk. While not as potent as that which makes up the Shinigami's Raiment, it is still among the most dangerous of the Waruichi combat silk. 

This hybrid silk is infused with the chakra of many dead shinobi as well as Kiko's own. This bolt of silk, about 50m in length, is a gloomy black and particularly dangerous. While Kiko's other silks tend to favor defense, this silk is designed to kill.

ABILITIES:

Reaper's Touch | Chakra Reactive
When this silk becomes infused with Kiko's chakra, it is amplified, providing exceptional responsiveness to her commands, even without hand seals. techniques using Swift Reaping Silk are quicker to activate and done so with more precision and speed than with normal battle ready silk.

Reaper's touch requires a very low chakra cost to maintain, but improves Kiko's offensive capabilities with this particular silk.

Reaper's Strand Silk | Superior Silk
The perfected form of the Swift Reaping Silk has improved durability over its previous incarnation. It is much more difficult to destroy than her other battle-ready silks and can maintain a much more impressive 'edge' for cutting or piercing.

Shinigami's Raiment [Improved]

DESCRIPTION:

The Waruichi, masters of the Silken Influence, are renown across the world for the impressive armor they produce and sell, but none of that compares to that which they keep for themselves. These battle garments come in different sizes and styles, but all are among the most powerful that the Waruichi can produce. The silk of each Waruichi's personal variety is spun from a unique colony of worms, dedicated to that particular Waruichi, and these worms feed upon the chakra, as well as the body, of their host Waruichi to produce this incredible silk.

The Raiment itself is an unornamented black kimono, with a simple white nagajuban underneath. She does combine it with a pair of sandals, but they are merely that, and far from special. None would consider this garment to be special upon first glance, but the Shinigami's Raiment is anything but a normal kimono.

In its current form, Kiko's raiment is not yet complete. Some improvements can still be made, and thus its defensive capabilities are not as potent as they could be.

ABILITIES:

Rebuke Defeat | Chakra Reactive

The Shinigami's Raiment uses Kiko's most potent silk, created from her own chakra and flesh, and it's potency shows. Kiko's silk reacts swiftly to even the slightest command, and infusing her silk with her own chakra raises not only its passive defense, but the strength of any defensive Silken Influence technique used with the silk.

Rebuke Defeat has a low chakra cost that is added to the cost of any technique it is reinforcing, but will improve the durability of the silk, and subsequently, the defensive properties of the technique.

Divine Raiment | Sublime Defense
The Shinigami's Raiment is an exceptional defensive tool, but it is not yet perfect. Kiko's personal silk is lightweight, durable, flexible, and has high tensile strength earning it the nickname "iron silk". Its versatility is its greatest advantage, and it is extremely difficult to cut; contrary to expectations, silk is water repellant as well as particularly resistant to ignition from fire.

The raiment is potent, and has good coverage, making it difficult to bypass with weapons. It is most useful against physical weapons, such as shuriken, kunai, swords and other implements of war, but also against jutsus that have similar effects such as blades of wind or spears of earth.

Though it is unlikely to light on fire, the raiment is not well-suited to protecting against fire as she is vulnerable to flames and heat bypassing her defenses.

Death ward

DESCRIPTION:

The Death Ward is an accessory part of the Shinigami's Raiment that takes the form of an apron around her waist and a connected sash that loops over one shoulder. It is neither gaudy, nor particularly eye-catching, but it does add a bit of color and pattern to the otherwise monotonous black kimono beneath. Made of a combination of lavender and violet squares in a checkerboard pattern, it is simple, yet refined in its own way.

When Noble Phantasm is activated, it surrounds Kiko with a silken specter reminiscent of a reaper spirit. Perhaps because it is shades of purple, it is less terrifying than some, but it is an extremely potent defensive tool. While it can be used as offensive silk, it is no better suited to it than Kiko's normal battle ready silk.

ABILITIES:

Noble Phantasm | Chakra Reactive
The Death Ward sash is capable of reacting with Kiko's chakra to active very quickly. Upon activation, the silk unravels and creates a cloak-like barrier around Kiko, generally suspended at about arm's reach. This particular silk is infused in a manner that allows Kiko to achieve optimal reactive performance with defensive techniques, reducing any deficit she would have otherwise suffered in terms of silk speed

Noble Phantasm requires a very low chakra cost to maintain its presence and readiness. Attacks or defenses require an additional jutsu.

Life Ward | Improved Defense
Though by no means as impressive as the Shinigami's Raiment, the Death Ward sash is still a potent defensive tool. When worn or used as part of a jutsu, it adds an extra layer of defense that is useful against physical weapons, such as shuriken, kunai, swords and other implements of war, but also against jutsus that have similar effects such as blades of wind or spears of earth.

Swift reaping silk

CLASSIFICATION: Combination: Offensive, Supplementary

DESCRIPTION:

The highest order of Kiko's battle ready silk is the Swift Reaping Silk. While not as potent as that which makes up the Shinigami's Raiment, it is still among the most dangerous of the Waruichi combat silk.

This hybrid silk is infused with the chakra of many dead shinobi as well as Kiko's own. This bolt of silk, about 50m in length, is a gloomy black and particularly dangerous. While Kiko's other silks tend to favor defense, this silk is designed to kill.

ABILITIES:

Reaper's Touch | Chakra Reactive
When this silk becomes infused with Kiko's chakra, it is amplified, providing exceptional responsiveness to her commands, even without hand seals. techniques using Swift Reaping Silk are quicker to activate and done so with more precision and speed than with normal battle ready silk.

Reaper's touch requires a very low chakra cost to maintain, but improves Kiko's offensive capabilities with this particular silk.
last edit by Kiko on Aug 1, 2022 7:35:23 GMT -5
Fairemont has written 170 posts
The Shinigami's RaimentMar 30, 2022 5:42:02 GMT -5
Yamato
Yamato Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation
Overall:

Restrictions - I would invite you to take another look at the equipment template thread to understand what exactly should be put in the "Restrictions" section. This field is for indicating who can access the equipment, i.e. Personal/Clan/Village/Universal/Religion/Organisation. You list "Waruichi" as the restriction which would make it seem as if though they were clan restricted, though the descriptions of the equipment instead make it seem as if though they would be classified as personal.

shinigami's raiment [perfected]:
Abilities:
Divine Raiment | Sublime Defense - Using rank comparisons in descriptions is highly discouraged, especially in the case of essentially nullifying techniques of a certain rank or lower. This is fully unacceptable as this ability, as written, would just completely nullify things like genjutsu that are below B-rank? Is the wearer of this armor simply immune to blasts of fire and bolts of lightning simply because they're C-rank techniques? S-rank equipment is stated to have 1 chakra conductive/reactive ability and 3 other abilities and that is where you should start when apping equipment instead of simply trying to forgo the proper process and build "super" SA's. The equipment rules use those specific guidelines intentionally to make apping and grading easier as there becomes a clear distinction between the ranks of equipment. A quick and easy example of this would be an A-rank armor having a chakra conductive ability, a durability ability and protection against katon, whereas an S-rank armor could have all that in addition to one more ability. That becomes a much more fair comparison as opposed to "immunity to ALL C-rank jutsu and lower, B-rank if chakra is used."

swift reaping silk [perfected]
shinigami's raiment [improved]

Abilities:
These have the same issue as above. They each have a "Super SA" that attempts to be a catch-all

death ward [perfected]
death ward:
Abilities:
Death Ward [Perfected] Has the same issue as above. In addition, the "Life Ward | Improved Defense" ability is essentially powerful enough to just be another chakra conductive ability. You need to pick between "Life Ward | Improved Defense" and "Noble Phantasm | Chakra Reactive" for your chakra conductive/reactive ability, then add an appropriate number of other abilities.
has written 109 posts
The Shinigami's RaimentMay 29, 2022 15:43:53 GMT -5
Yamato
Yamato Avatar
groupnull
You did remove the rank comparisons which is a step in the right direction, but I'm not going to approve the items that still have "Super SA's".

For "death ward [perfected]" and "death ward," their "Life Ward" abilities still read as essentially a second chakra reactive/conductive ability, which would be potentially acceptable for the A rank version (we have allowed trading in 2 ability slots for an additional reactive/conductive ability. For the B rank version, however, you'll need to change the wording to remove any mention of additional benefit when "used with its chakra reactive properties."
has written 109 posts
The Shinigami's RaimentJun 1, 2022 3:06:36 GMT -5
Yamato
Yamato Avatar
groupnull
Again for

shinigami's raiment [perfected]
swift reaping silk [perfected]
shinigami's raiment [improved]

you have fewer non-chakra reactive/conductive abilities than indicated by the weapon rules. If your intention is to forgo those abilities to 'empower' the one ability, that is not allowed. If you're fine with forgoing those extra ability slots for nothing in return that is fine, but I do need to make sure you understand that there is no benefit in relinquishing ability slots.
last edit by Yamato on Jun 1, 2022 3:15:40 GMT -5
has written 109 posts
The Shinigami's RaimentJun 1, 2022 7:02:00 GMT -5
Kiko
Kiko Avatar
groupnull
age Twenty-One years old birthday December 1 rank Chuunin occupation Shinigami-sama
I was always under the impression that you could forgo one to get a stronger ability, so like, 1+1 = 2, where the 2 is just a stronger version.

I'm pretty sure I've had that come up on reviews before where I've been told an ability would be worth more than one slot.

Maybe I just misunderstood?
The Shinigami's RaimentJun 1, 2022 8:45:12 GMT -5
Yoshiko
Space is just a word for those afraid to get close.
Yoshiko Avatar
groupAdministrator
General Analysis:

These are all reactive instead of conductive, so do understand you'll be void from combining elements to these items and or using elemental techniques through them.

Due to the silk being a weapon and a very non-restrictive armor for Waruichi, there's very little leeway with letting them be significantly stronger on a defensive scale. I'd say as a general rule of thumb any armor that covers you entirely will be much more greatly scrutinized.

Raiment-

Divine Raiment | Sublime Defense - This SA is far too powerful, it lacks any clear drawback or weakness and feels like an attempt to cheese invulnerability.

Death ward-

Noble Phantasm | Chakra Reactive - This ability acts like a jutsu, so give it a cost.

Life Ward | Improved Defense - Again the actual defense isn't that well explained.

-Reaper

Reaper's Touch | Chakra Reactive - Waruichi silk being able to be used in jutsu already puts it in high regard, so this SA would probably be all I'd allow.

Swift Death | Enhanced Offensive Properties - I'm gonna flat out no, this one. This sounds like it'd be apart of the reactive ability side.

-Death Shroud

This seems fine.
has written 685 posts
The Shinigami's RaimentJun 6, 2022 10:18:02 GMT -5
Yoshiko
Space is just a word for those afraid to get close.
Yoshiko Avatar
groupAdministrator
In general I didn't ask you to split these into more equipment, I don't care that some are regular and the others are their perfected version. This makes my review harder.

Shinigami's Raiment:
We are One | Assimilation Boost
The Shinigami's Raiment is made with Kiko's own cells integrated into the threads, and because of this, using Shinra Banshō Dōka no Jutsu [All-Covering Forests and Ten Thousand Things Assimilate Technique] is less taxing on her chakra reserves.

This would be a reactive ability, it's an item reacting to chakra by using less of it for the same purpose.

Swift Reaping Silk:
You didn't remove the SA or explain the how to swift death.

Shinigami's Raiment: Second One

As I told you with the A-rank I was iffy with your SA adding another one. So I'll allow it, but I feel if next reviewer agrees they should nerf the defense of this one to account for a rank down.

Death Ward: second one

You've decreased rank, so decrease the durability SA

has written 685 posts
The Shinigami's RaimentJun 8, 2022 8:53:22 GMT -5
Kiko
Kiko Avatar
groupnull
I didn't actually make any more or less equipment than I started the thread with >.>

I fixed Swift Reaping Silk. I must have only deleted that off of the low-rank one, not the higher rank one. I added a simple durability SA to the silk to account for the rank increase having more SA slots.

I tweaked some descriptive text in the defensive SAs for the imperfect armor versions so that it wasn't just a copy-paste of the perfected versions.

I also swapped out the extra SA to the S-rank armor with one for durability. I didn't think the other one would be reactive because it felt passive to me, but I don't necessarily grasp the difference as well as some. :D

I think we should be in good shape now.
The Shinigami's RaimentJun 23, 2022 12:26:22 GMT -5
Yoritomo
Yoritomo Avatar
groupFounder / Owner
age 32 years old birthday rank occupation
Shinigami's Raiment

1.) You have Rebuke Defeat listed as chakra reactive, but reactive would require a specific element. The fact that you're stating it can be used to empower multiple techniques as well would also suggest chakra conductive rather than reactive. For example, you could have a sword that is lightning reactive and when lightning chakra is introduced, the blade produces a blinding light. It reacts to the lightning chakra by producing a blinding light. So yeah, this doesn't fit with reactive at all.

So what you'd want to do is add a more generalized chakra conductive ability to the rainment, then add a separate ability (since you can have chakra conductive + three abilities) to have the reinforcing ability for silken techniques to be a separate ability from the conductive.

Note: Something I just want to make a note of, but that you don't really need to change; keep in mind that while Waruichi silk has tensile strength equivalent to metal and enjoys other benefits like lightweight, low water retention, etc. There is one slight downside which is the lack of rigidity. I believe there are some Waruichi techniques that help overcome this, but as a base material it is not quite as effective when it comes to blunt force trauma. Like I said, you don't have to change anything necessarily. Just wanted to clarify since you seemed to be under the impression that it was as strong as metal in all regards.

Death Ward

1.) You've fallen into the same issue as the first one. You're stating that it's reactive, but reactive is supposed to correlate to elements. You're trying to have a non-elemental reactive ability. Once again you'd want to have a generalized conductive ability or tie this to a certain element.

2.) My other issue with the Noble Phantasm is that this feels like a jutsu that's trying to slip through as a weapon ability and even then, it's not really giving us a clear idea of what it's doing. You state that it creates a robe-like barrier around Kiko, but give no idea as to its strength, its duration, if there are any limitations such as Kiko's movement while its in effect and without any details as to what it's doing I could hardly decide whether a very low chakra cost is balanced.

Note: Honestly my suggestion would be either reign in and better define the barrier/ward it creates and tie it in as a reaction to a certain element or have it be conductive and register the robe-like barrier as a technique and use the additional equipment ability for something else.

Swift Reaping Silk

1.) You probably can guess where I'm going with this already: "Techniques using Swift Reaping Silk" This shows you mean to use multiple techniques with this piece of equipment. That would require chakra conductivity. It seems to me like you're trying to have conductive, but want reactive as well to justify three other abilities with enhanced activation speed, enhanced the speed of the techniques themselves and enhance the accuracy of the techniques. So you're cramming three SA and conductive under the guise of reactive.

Death Shroud

1.) Once again, you're confusing reactive with conductive, and on top of that it's very vague with a "where it makes sense" You'd be better off giving an idea of what those situations might be. For example you could have it specify that it aides where the binding of a wound would staunch bleeding or immobilize broken bones to avoid the potential for back and forth debate as to whether something makes sense. You also just give a vague "empower" for its affect on medical techniques. If you only say empower I have to assume it makes every single aspect of those medical techniques better which would be way above what a B rank item should be doing.

2.) For the Battle Ready section you're trying to smash both enhanced durability and enhanced responsiveness into a single SA. B ranks are able to have either chakra conductive or reactive and then one additional SA. So taking the assumption that you'd fix the reactive, that isn't reactive then you'd have conductive and three SA's (medical augmentation, enhanced durability and enhanced responsiveness) in this single B rank.
has written 845 posts
The Shinigami's RaimentJun 27, 2022 13:32:51 GMT -5
Kiko
Kiko Avatar
groupnull
Because Meep has elected to appeal for changes to the Waruichi, including alterations to the silk and how it functions, it is probably best to suspend this application until that has been resolved as this may no longer work out.