Art of WarMar 29, 2022 22:48:31 GMT -5
Himishi Haruka
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Himishi Haruka Avatar
groupnull
age 17 years old birthday 7/21 rank Chūnin occupation ANBU Operative
[googlefont="Fleur De Leah"]

Himishi Haruka

It has been a very long day. It was one thing to lose to an enemy, but to sit and eat shrimp with him as if nothing happened, Haruka was really wishing she could manipulate time and kick his ass over and over. She wanted to sleep but there was one more thing she wanted to do. The simple of it was to change from thinking about her loss back into intel gathering, one last time. Using the last of her available 'trip' funds, Haruka bought a board set of the game of Shogi. Why? She aimed to use the game as a wager to exactly get or give information. Once she made her purchase, she made her way to the dormitories, specifically to the room of Kazu's. Haruka took a deep breath and mentally prepared herself for the next... possibly hour.

The girl knocked on the door. "Kazu, yoohoo Kazu, you in there. Can we talk... and play this game I bought?" Haruka waited for an answer, covering her mouth before yawning. I've spent literally half of today sleeping, why the hell am I still tired? The Kunoichi took her hand and tightened it into a fist before taking to knocking again. "Kazu, you in there?" Haruka silently sighed as she thought about everything leading up to this moment. Including Jou. She still can't believe like that, a bridge was burnt and she had no clue if fixing it was a possibility.

She casually leaned against the door and just stayed in thought, more like she was trying to understand her thoughts, and this, this is exactly why she needed something to distract herself.

SA(s) Utilized:
Tomekenzangan (Tōzasō) | All-Seeing Eye of the Present
Haruka achieved both the rare dōjutsu and the even rarer Tōzasō state of the eye. Being a direct evolution of Iwakusō, boons of both can be accessed by the Genin. With crystal clarity, the girl is capable of recalling information and memories down to a surreal level. As if she could live in it, it also grants her capabilities to look through memories and implant her own or even reconstruct the other's memory through the use of clan jutsu. It can also gives her great ability of her own intelligence locked behind the eye. From the Tōzasō aspect, Haruka attains a great level of perception both in tacking and reading any given situation, exponentially increasing strategic or investigating abilities. The strongest boon is the ability to track movement from both powerups granted by the past and present eye. Every minute detail is tracked at great speeds for Haruka.

Unnatural Intelligence
Even before the Tomekenzangan, the girl has always had an almost metahuman intelligence, able to decipher a large number of details in seconds and map out events with marks like a video into the event. The Genin is even capable of quick, logical thought, all while maintaining a long term-memory of the details. Boosted by the Dōjutsu's passive effects, the girl's ability to recall and process new information increases exponentially. Every cognitive ability is boosted allowing the girl to process and retain much information new or old. Haruka easily surpasses genius levels thanks to both the great boons of her blood and her eyes.

Weighted Training: Reflexive Combat:
After a routine set by Rentaro and further enforced by Haruka, the girl has developed a weaker but enhanced physical trait in two areas, the first being her reflexes to aid in the reactive abilities her Tomekenzangan cues. The second is more of a nimble body to evade larger actions with a nimble intricacy similar to that of a freshly minted acrobatic shinobi. As time progresses, she will have more of a boost, albeit half of that of a dedicated boon in either area.

Jutsu(s) Utilized:

Equipment Utilized:
04 | Body conditioning weights (1 per limb) {Continuous)
last edit by Himishi Haruka on Mar 29, 2022 22:49:36 GMT -5
Necro has written 262 posts
Art of WarApr 1, 2022 4:13:15 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
If it's not worth the effort, why bother?
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday 12/21 rank Advanced Genin occupation Genin Team One Member
After the second day in a row of fighting, Kazu was exhausted. He had passed out almost instantly once he got to his dorm room. At least, until he heard a knock at the door. The voice was definitely familiar, so he started to get up and get ready, putting his jacket on. As the voice spoke again, he realized it was Haruka. Part of him definitely wanted to just go back to sleep, but he didn't want their relationship to stay the way it was either. He walked to the door, opening it to see the familiar purple hair. "Hey, I was asleep sorry... What's that in your hand?" He asked, referring to the board game.

He motioned for her to come in as they discussed the board game. Ichi was gone for the moment, probably checking up on the other Kusa Genin or something. He led the girl to his bed, bring two chairs over for them to sit on. This way, they could use the bed as a table. 
Strikr123 has written 317 posts
Art of WarApr 5, 2022 11:11:57 GMT -5
Himishi Haruka
Himishi Haruka Avatar
groupnull

Himishi Haruka

"Thank you, I really needed a distraction right now." Haruka wanted to say but she didn't, due to her poor life decision of leaning on the door, when Kazu opened it, she fell backwards into his room. Absolutely no other entrance can top that, but Haruka groaned as she sat up. "I probably somehow deserve that... Ow." The girl rubbed the back of her head as she came to stood. "Was wondering if you wanted to play Shogi and you know, have a little bet... but mostly talk." Haruka extrapolated as she placed the game board so each had their own side before setting up the pieces on the board. "Ever learned how to play Shogi, Kazu? I hope so, you called yourself a strategist in Mizu no Tera, so you not knowing is ridiculous. But still, I'm gonna go over it... should be a refresher. If not, I hope you learn quick, I'm going to go a bit fast, I really need this distraction." With her intent and overview all said and done. The Himishi pointed to the board as her Tomekenzangan activated.

"Shogi, dubbed the traditional art of war, many use this to test their intelligence and command, this game has seen more use as a simulation to train new commanders and captains how to do their job as men of war... today, we are just playing the game as a game... warning, I don't like losing. The Shogi board in total is a 9 by 9 space rectangular board. Of the 81 spots, the bottom three rows are your 'army'. Starting at the middle of the bottom row is your O-Sho, he can move one spot in any direction on the board, point to a spot and he'll get there. The next two are your Kin-Sho. They can move anywhere like the O-Sho except they can go backward in diagonal direction. The next two are your Gin-sho which can move in any diagonal direction or forward. Making sense so far, good. The next two are your Kei-ma, these move special, they can move two spaces forward but must land on the left or the right of the second spot. Another way is to say one spot forward AND one spot forward in diagonally right or left. Got that one? Cool. The ends are called the Kyosha. They can move to any spot but in one direction, only forward. The second row on your left side is called the Kaku. These guys can move to any spot in any diagonal direction, on your right is the Hisha, like your Kaku, they can move in any standard direction forward, back, left, or right. But can not move diagonally. These guys are my favorite since they can move any distance/amount of spots. Your third and furthest row, the one with all the same pieces are called Fuh-yo, these idiot pieces move only a single spot forward. That's literally it." The Kunoichi waved her hand in front of Kazu, "Got all that? We are, for your convenience, we start with you having the A, 1 corner. Numbers are columns, letters are rows. Think you got it?"

Haruka looked at her bag and pulled out an instruction book, "Here's this but I don't think we'll need it." The Himishi flung it back into the bag, kicking it between them. "Any questions, or are you ready to make a move?" The girl stated as if her Tomekenzangan was piercing his soul.

SA(s) Utilized:
Haruka achieved both the rare dōjutsu and the even rarer Tōzasō state of the eye. Being a direct evolution of Iwakusō, boons of both can be accessed by the Genin. With crystal clarity, the girl is capable of recalling information and memories down to a surreal level. As if she could live in it, it also grants her capabilities to look through memories and implant her own or even reconstruct the other's memory through the use of clan jutsu. It can also gives her great ability of her own intelligence locked behind the eye. From the Tōzasō aspect, Haruka attains a great level of perception both in tacking and reading any given situation, exponentially increasing strategic or investigating abilities. The strongest boon is the ability to track movement from both powerups granted by the past and present eye. Every minute detail is tracked at great speeds for Haruka.

Unnatural Intelligence
Even before the Tomekenzangan, the girl has always had an almost metahuman intelligence, able to decipher a large number of details in seconds and map out events with marks like a video into the event. The Genin is even capable of quick, logical thought, all while maintaining a long term-memory of the details. Boosted by the Dōjutsu's passive effects, the girl's ability to recall and process new information increases exponentially. Every cognitive ability is boosted allowing the girl to process and retain much information new or old. Haruka easily surpasses genius levels thanks to both the great boons of her blood and her eyes.

After a routine set by Rentaro and further enforced by Haruka, the girl has developed a weaker but enhanced physical trait in two areas, the first being her reflexes to aid in the reactive abilities her Tomekenzangan cues. The second is more of a nimble body to evade larger actions with a nimble intricacy similar to that of a freshly minted acrobatic shinobi. As time progresses, she will have more of a boost, albeit half of that of a dedicated boon in either area.

Jutsu(s) Utilized:

Equipment Utilized:

last edit by Himishi Haruka on Apr 5, 2022 11:12:28 GMT -5
Art of WarApr 8, 2022 6:30:27 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday 12/21 rank Advanced Genin occupation Genin Team One Member
As Kazu opened the door, Haruka fell flat on her back. Still better than Kazu's first day here though, when he met Tokaku. Haruka mentioned that she probably deserved that, Kazu couldn't disagree. She then explained why exactly she was here: To play Shogi. Kazu hadn't played before, he'd only recently gotten into strategizing in his fights. "Haven't played it before, no. I'm not even sure if we have it in Yukigakure or not." With that being said, he grabbed a notepad next to his bed. If Haruka paid attention, she'd see names of some Chuunin exam participants as he flipped through to a blank page. He gave her a nod when he was ready.

Her familiar dojutsu activated, revealing the purple irises he had seen a couple times over. He remained focused on her words, writing notes and drawing pieces as she went on. By the end of her explanation, his hand hurt from writing too much. The concept was interesting for sure, but man was it complex. "I think I've got it; my notes will definitely help." He replied, setting his notebook next to the board with the page facing him. Now, what would his first move be.

He thought for a moment, wondering what strategy to use for the game. The most basic thing he needed to do was anticipate Haruka's moves. However, he needed to test the waters first. He moved his finger over a single Fuh-yo, on his far-right side, moving it forward one space. He would then proceed to watch Haruka's move, wondering what she would do.
Art of WarApr 15, 2022 15:50:07 GMT -5
Himishi Haruka
Himishi Haruka Avatar
groupnull

Himishi Haruka

Haruka nodded after she recited the explanation to Kazu. She was happy he was able to catch on so quick, but, that didn't always correlate with retention. Still, Haruka foresaw this game going to take a while and thus, she was as equally prepared to answer his questions. "I've also been meaning to commend you for your fight, to say I was surprised though would be incorrect. I had some belief you'd be able to beat Wahei... given by what memories he asked me to share with him, I'm not surprised you fought him into that position. Granted, if I recall, there was word he shared basically his repertoire with you. I gotta say you had both luck and strategy on your side." The Himishi folded her arms as she analyzed the board, trying to find even more detail than simply moving a piece.

Haruka gently raised her hand, hovering it over the board in general. "What have you learned thus far, from all the exams, if you don't mind my asking." The girl placed a finger on the Fuhyo at G7, moving it forward to F7. "They say master strategists can clear their mind, still strategize both in the game and the world around them all while playing Shogi... Can you do it, Kazu?" It's a simple game, but the Himishi was using it as a gateway to psuedo-read his thoughts. A feat no aspect of the Tomekenzangan can do.

Some say if you can read people like a book, there should be no reason why you can't overcome obstacles, and Haruka was definitely here to prove or debunk that myth.

SA(s) Utilized:

Unnatural Intelligence

Jutsu(s) Utilized:

Equipment Utilized:

last edit by Himishi Haruka on Apr 15, 2022 15:53:15 GMT -5
Art of WarApr 17, 2022 13:34:40 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
As Haruka congratulated him, Kazu scratched the back of his head. "It really could've gone either way. I am thankful that I got to fight him though, it's a precursor for a fight I want in the 3rd fight." The boy said, he didn't mention Shigure's name only for the fact that Haruka had fought him today, she was probably not in the mood to hear his name. "You got anyone you wanna fight?" Kazu asked the girl.

As she moved her piece, Kazu looked at the surrounding pieces. He wanted to anticipate her next move. He looked at the H8 spot, that one could move anywhere diagonally. She'd probably go for his Fuhyo at C3. A sacrifice would have to be made, just like in the first round of the exams. If he was to sacrifice anything, he'd prefer it be a pawn. He put his hand on the Gin-Sho at A3, moving it up one to B3. Then, he began to answer Haruka's question. "I've learned a lot about the competition of course. As far as actual lessons... Realistically, sacrifices have to be made sometimes in our line of work. That and sometimes you'll be against an unbeatable opponent. What about you?" At her question of if Kazu could strategize in both the real world and the game, he replied. "I guess we'll see, won't we?" He grinned. Now, what would Haruka's next move be. Would she sacrifice a piece to get rid of a Fuhyo? Or would her strategy be different than what Kazu expected?
Art of WarApr 22, 2022 9:08:52 GMT -5
Himishi Haruka
Himishi Haruka Avatar
groupnull

Himishi Haruka

He was thankful the fight ended in his favor, it was a tough match no doubt, arsenal revealed or not. It was still a precursor of the fight he wanted, of the 3rd fight. He never said who he wanted to fight but she can guess that it was probably Shigure. He was a pretty popular opponent but just the thought of his name made her blood boil, it was such an embarrassing loss to a fight she never wanted. Her body quite visibly tensed up while she thought of her next opponent, rather, who she wished to fight. Making a quick sigh, the Himishi started hovering her hand over the board. "Ka-Kashiwa."

She grabbed her Fuh-yo at G9 and moved it forward to F9. "Might be because I respect him, maybe because we are from the gravest of animus villages." She looked at the board from a bigger picture, she could surmise Kazu wouldn't put himself in a compromising position. "Sometimes, you don't get a trial and error phase... you either do or die. Just like how time is indiscriminate. The other lesson, no matter the sacrifice... unless it's your own life... be prepared to live the Domino effect... the consequences it comes with." While they were good lessons to learn, her tone had a hint of both somber and aggression.

Haruka looked at all the pieces before back to Kazu. "Who do these pieces remind you of? Surely, you might have noticed each have a peculiarity, like all of us here."

SA(s) Utilized:

Unnatural Intelligence
Even before the Tomekenzangan, the girl has always had an almost metahuman intelligence, able to decipher a large number of details in seconds and map out events with marks like a video into the event. The Genin is even capable of quick, logical thought, all while maintaining a long-term memory of the details. Boosted by the Dōjutsu's passive effects, the girl's ability to recall and process new information increases exponentially. Every cognitive ability is boosted allowing the girl to process and retain much information new or old. Haruka easily surpasses genius levels thanks to both the great boons of her blood and her eyes.

Jutsu(s) Utilized:

Equipment Utilized:

quick reply

compose a reply