people watching [open]

compose a reply
people watching [open]Mar 30, 2022 15:26:11 GMT -5
Deleted
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Deleted Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation

There were oh so many things that could be learned by reading and Hotarubi had read that sensory was a thing that existed - supernatural perception as he had thought of it. And, wanted to develop it himself. That being said, wanting and doing were two separate things - his inquiry to an instructor had led to there being a discussion that Shinobi trained their minds to different things. Some could see better, some could hear better.

So, the boulder and block head he was suggested vibration - feel? It did resonate somewhat with him given that he was connected to the earth in a literal way. But, even his concentration had his limit. "I'm trying to focus." Hotarubi spoke to his friend who he had been sat on a bench with in a central location to Takigakure no Sato. Rather than passive meditation was actively people watching. They had been chatting but set into a lull.

That lull was being interrupted by talking, consistently digging into his brain. He was trying to feel for vibrations! And... well. Nevermind - he kept on getting sidetracked, watching someone bite into the end of a thing and seeing juices being spat out onto someone else. Just - lots of little happenstances taking place at once. He crossed his leg, the bench itself lightly dipped from his weight.

has written 0 posts
people watching [open]Apr 14, 2022 15:34:42 GMT -5
Sesshoku Akira
Sesshoku Akira Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank Chunin occupation

There Is Always A Mask
Never Trust It

Honor. Duty. Family. Ghôsh.

Paperwork had just been filled out, a mission complete and turned in… Things just tended to continue on for the young woman one way or another. Not that it was unsatisfying in any way, but all the same life would continue moving by bit by bit.

An uneventful day otherwise, the girl walking from that main building at the base of Takigakure’s great tree and canopy to head back to her clan compound. The thought of grabbing her bow and getting a little meditation in was at the front of her mind, settling down her thoughts and collecting her mind, getting some practice in. It could prove to be a soothing afternoon if she let it.

Though, a newly familiar face would have practically popped up in front of her. It wasn’t someone she had necessarily met… but he was stil familiar, striking features that were hard to miss. It had been upon using her own contacts and position to look into a few files on a clan that she wanted to become more familiar with.

Yamakira.

It wasn’t as if she delved into the secrets of who and what they were, but to know some of the people in it? She wondered if she might be able to learn just a little more about Takeshi. Though, unsurprisingly, looking even a bit into his clan had her realizing just how similar they might be to him. The Yamakira appearing in files just about as rugged and rough as he tried to show himself and explain them as.

That’s what made this face stand out. What might be typical for the clan was the ruggedness of the boy, the scar deep across his face fitting rugged… but not quite the idea of what she knew Takeshi to be capable of. But then…. Pink. Very, very hard to miss such bright pink on both files and a person on the street. And with little to nothing to go on, she’d approach. An easy enough pace, the girl’s odd little hairstyle of a ponytail to the side, a white blouse and blue skirt as typical of her figure, and stoping not too far in front of the boy, his friend, and the bench.

"Didn’t know if I could help? It looked like you might have something on your mind.”

And it was as simple as that, right? Akira couldn’t have said she was the master of social graces by any means. It was also a flat out lie. She saw him. So she thought she might try to talk to him regardless. Still… her look was far from friendly, she wasn’t that sort of open person. While she wasn’t a strong looking nor intimidating figure, there was no smile. A normal passiveness to her face that didn’t quite hint to much more than her simply existing and talking to him.

Sesshoku Akira
MADE BY VEL OF GS
Natsu has written 341 posts
people watching [open]Apr 17, 2022 8:47:05 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

His friend had gone quiet at his behest and they sat there and he drunk in the noise around him. For all of that attempt,

Although he could be construed as unfriendly; his uncaring nature had definitely kicked in. He looked at his friend first and then her. She looked weak, but appearances were always deceiving.

"I am. Um. Yeah. Sensory." Those were the words he chucked out, trying to focus on folk and failing. "I'm going to become a Genin and want to know how to never be snuck up on, an folks at the academy say sensory is the answer." It was clearly not that simple and he was trying to no avail to do something that needed tutoring to be done, unless you had a very specific natural attuning to it. Neither things that he knew of.

Would she know? Probably not. But, Hotarubi would never gain anything if he did not at least try. He could feel the thrum of energy about him, but perhaps that was his own chakra he was gaining the ability to control? Trying to watch people go by and not just see that they were walking but also their destination in a way.

And yet - nothing came, because he was not training himself properly. He was not as naturally gifted in these arts - and would come by everything he did in brute force. "So whatcha' got?" He asked, perhaps somewhat rudely.

has written 0 posts
people watching [open]Apr 27, 2022 11:55:50 GMT -5
Sesshoku Akira
Sesshoku Akira Avatar
groupnull

There Is Always A Mask
Never Trust It

A simple question came with an answer that may have been simple, but not with a simple idea in itself. He was thinking about Sensory? The girl’s eyes focused on him, trying to measure up if it was some sort of joke or if he was really attempting to train and understand Sensory. The initial assumption being that he meant chakra sensory, it was something she had wanted to work on herself, but there was every idea that he wanted to develop his other senses too…

Ah. So he wasn’t even really sure what he was studying, he just wanted to not be snuck up on. Either way, he was building his skills… but what was he doing to build sensory here…?

"Chakra sensory? Or developing another sense?”

The question was posed for clarification, her inkling certainly the former but… who knew in the minds of others. Still no real smile to cross her face, watching and waiting patiently, only brief and few moments glanced to his friends before resettling on the odd boy.

"I think your goal is bigger than you imagine. No matter what sense you develop, there’s some shinobi out there that has a way to counter it. You’ll need multiple methods.”

Words that were rather dull in their forwardness, she didnt’ have any real soft teaching moment or overly emotional sympathy. Just mentioning how it was, even if a little disheartening.

"That being said, you have to start somewhere.”

What she had? Unsure as of yet. His answer on what sort of sensory more than likely to shift her thoughts. How one might practice honing their ears was far different than intense chakra control. The oddly colored hair boy was interesting though, and maybe she actually could provide him some assistance.

Sesshoku Akira
MADE BY VEL OF GS
people watching [open]May 3, 2022 7:48:10 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

"There are different kinds?"

Their teachings in the classroom were severely lacking if they were, because they didn't really go into detail about these kinds of things. It was all about chakra theory, and algebra, and mitocondria being the powerhouse of the cell and all that.

Hotarubi did take heed of the warning, multiple avenues. That was wise. He nodded, pondering the thought inside his little pea brain. "I get you. I could be invisible but someone might see my chakra." A simplified version no doubt, but ultimately what he was trying to get at he understood what she was telling him.

He didn't really want to provide reason as to what kind of sensory he wanted, because he wanted to know what it was he might've needed; and frankly, the goal was making sure nobody could sneak up on him. So, what options were there? The thoughts would roll around his mind while he waited for the woman to provide an answer.

The person by his side piped up. "Do you mean like sensing people's chakra? Or uh..? People making their ears really sensitive? Because that would be super cool, like having a bloodline without having a bloodline, or somethin..." Hotarubi gruffly indicated approval by a noise in his throat, briefly turning his head to his friend and then to Akira.

has written 0 posts
people watching [open]May 23, 2022 12:30:28 GMT -5
Sesshoku Akira
Sesshoku Akira Avatar
groupnull

There Is Always A Mask
Never Trust It

A raise of an eyebrow and a look that didn’t quite believe him, was he messing with her…? Different kinds of sensory? And even as she kept talking and he returned, she couldn’t really make out if he understood or not. He thought he did? Which would have been fine. Except his example specifically included chakra sensory which made her doubt all the more whether he was able to consider options outside of that or not.

Though there was at least that confirmation, when he spoke of wanting to learn such a thing he had meant that tried and true, yet difficult, means of sensory. It was a fair goal… Incredibly difficult but very effective. There were ways to hide against such a thing, but it took almost equally the amount of effort as learning sensory that it more or less became the battle of sensors at that point… Or so had her understanding been, at least. The topic was one she looked into and found interest in, even if only due to her growth in chakra control, but this youth? Was his goal simply that or something larger? Not to be snuck up on..

"The human mind can perceive a near limitless amount of sensories. The basic ones are usually well known; sight, sound, taste, touch and smell. Any of those obviously helps you locate someone, it’s how you notice me now, or the ones across the street. Naturally, as shinobi, we train those senses so that we can more effectively use them. A toddler hiding from a Jounin for much longer than half a second would be laughable, right? The Jounin’s senses are too effective to be fooled.

That’s the sort of concept you’re looking into, I expect. You want to have your senses so keen that anyone attempting to sneak up on you would have the presence of a toddler in your eyes. Chakra sensory is a good tool, but it’s a good tool because not a majority of shinobi know how to hide from it.

But there are those that can. Just as there are jutsu to hide from the eyes, there are skills and jutsu to hide from chakra sensing. It’s a good option. But I encourage you to broaden your thoughts. There are shinobi that can taste the air so well that they can identify anything within half a mile. Those that can hear the slightest of movements to create a perfect picture of their vicinity.

And then more obscure ones… The sense of space. You don’t have to think about how to hold out your hand and know its there or how far it is, you could touch your nose without having your eyes open because you can sense that space. You know it. Or maybe the sense of impending danger or of safety. They are things that you could hone to a greater strength that others might know how to defend against.. Who says you can’t train your body to sense movement in the air from forty meters away? Or that you can’t hone that gut feeling that says something bad will happen, to tell you where or from what direction it might be coming?”

A very long and wordy explanation… she might as well have been a lecturer. And Akira wasn’t the most amusing of people to listen to, no jovial little lilts to her voice or attention grabbing snippets. She just… talked. Searching through her thoughts to put them together and hardly noticing facial expressions… Her own sense of emotional awareness likely very very low… for she would have droned on until the end unless stopped. Only once stopped, realizing that she had kept her mouth open for far too long.

"Ahem. It’s just not as simple as one sense.”

Though perhaps not exceedingly obvious she was uncomfortable, the natural expression she held would keep true in a more neutral space, but that clearing of her throat and readjusting her thoughts to shorten up all she had to say would have given the hint she realized she rattled on… But there it was.

Sesshoku Akira
MADE BY VEL OF GS
people watching [open]May 28, 2022 7:01:26 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

If nothing else, the woman was coming across as a book worm. A smart one, which was somebody that Hotarubi could use. Hotarubi had said what he meant and only exactly that, so it would be down to her interpretation as to what he meant. There had been little subtext for him to elaborate on. "Right." Hotarubi listened. A toddler would be a pathetic shinobi. He leant forward, putting his elbows to his knees as he listened - arms relaxed and falling down rather than supporting his chin.

"That sounds disgusting," he was perhaps being too honest with his words. But the concept of tasting the air, and all of the disgusting people around was too far for him. "I just want to not get caught out.."

The space one did sound cool but he would have had no idea how to achieve that. "So what you're saying is that we can develop like, bloodline type stuff?" One stupid response from Hotarubi's friend. "No, idiot. She's saying that you can develop senses from your existing senses as a combination, or summit. Is that right?" Hotarubi looked back at her to check his answer to see if he was on the money with it.

So Hotarubi would stand up. "Yamakira Hotarubi - Genin to be." He stuck out his hand, having deemed her a worthy tutor of his own presence. His standing would only highlight how much taller he was than her - and how little that mattered if it came to a fight because Hotarubi had not correctly or yet developed the sense of danger.

Still, she would find that the Yamakira's arrogance didn't fall too far from the tree.

has written 0 posts
people watching [open]May 29, 2022 9:25:51 GMT -5
Sesshoku Akira
Sesshoku Akira Avatar
groupnull

There Is Always A Mask
Never Trust It

On and on those words droned and the only sounds from the boys would have been brief interjections or comments on what was being said. Not interrupted or mocked so heavily that she’d notice, so Akira was able to finish her long rolling explanation without fault.

When finished, they even engaged. The first one with a question that had her pause a moment, wondering how she was supposed to address a point that she thought she had made clear… but the pause more than long enough for the scarred Yamakira to interject and put things straight. Develop one’s senses that they already had, more or less correct she supposed. It was probably debatable if everyone was able to sense chakra to whatever degree and then expand upon that feeling… but the complication of the answer wasn’t something Akira deemed worthy to dive into once more.. It would have been more theory than fact anyway, she couldn’t call herself a master to any degree.

So a simple nod of confirmation was offered along with a few words, "More or less.” Unmoved by either and giving the boy a moment to stand. An introduction wasn’t quite what she expected. Maybe a haughty word or snap at her, such would have been typical of her experience with Yamakira… But instead a hand was offered from the tall tall male, the girl eyeing it a moment while she decided whether to take it. Thankfully, she did understand the gesture at least, the years of socializing with what few people she knew had taught her that simplicity…

And so the hand was offered, firm grip to his with a single shake before she’d loosen her own g rip. "Sesshoku Akira.” Her rank wasn’t mentioned when she’d state her name, something she didn’t really feel the need to do… And assuming he would let go of her hand she’d offer a few words to follow.

"Chakra sensory is something I’ve been researching lately for my own skillset. If you need some assistance I could provide you with some help by way of chakra control. It’s a fundamental step towards that version of sensory.”

Offer made, then a momentary hesitation again. There was another one present, one that hadn’t openly offered his hand. So a moment was taken to settle her gaze on Hotarubi’s friend and give a slight bow of her head in greeting to him as well.

Sesshoku Akira
MADE BY VEL OF GS
people watching [open]May 30, 2022 10:05:04 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

Sesshoku Akira. He had no idea - but, Sesshoku was a clan, she too had a bloodline. Well. Did all Clans have bloodlines? He wasn't sure - he had not known or researched it properly, but was taking from his own experience. Maybe she was part of a trading clan? He would find out sooner or later. He nodded when he learned of her name and sat back down. "Satoshi Mushu!" The other one cheerfully spoke but remained seated.

"I think I have no chakra control skills. But I got a lotta chakra. I think." Hotarubi wasn't really sure, but because of his unique physiology which Akira more or less had familiarity with, he didn't feel the drain of chakra like others did. But there was no benchmark: he'd more or less run out of chakra exhaustion as that too was not something unfamiliar with him, but there wasn't an agreed amount that an academy student could or could not perform when it came to the academy techniques.

But he felt like he had a lot, but that was a position born of arrogance.

"More about the other stuff," His position was from out of a kinship with the earth - and wanted to learn from that. His tone was not commanding of her, but that he was just shifting the conversation to the thing he actually wanted "I'm wondering about - how does someone make their eyesight better? I don't get the whole 'just use chakra' bit. I want to learn about touch. I put my hand to the earth, I know where everyone is type of thing - I don't see how training accomplishes that?" Hotarubi was effectively viewing her as the defacto knowledge

has written 0 posts
people watching [open]Jun 12, 2022 21:06:27 GMT -5
Sesshoku Akira
Sesshoku Akira Avatar
groupnull

There Is Always A Mask
Never Trust It

All three had shared names then, Akira to look to that third and giving a solid nod of her head in greeting and confirmation she had heard him. The Yamakira had been the reason she approached, but it was rude to ignore the other presence too much, right..?

Hotarubi’s comment drew her back though. Lots of chakra but no control skills, it had her tilt her head faintly. She couldn’t help but wonder what his point even was… If he didn’t have control, then he needed to learn control. Simple. Who cares how much chakra he had?

Moved past though, he didn’t want it anyway. He wanted one of the other ideas and that had her give a soft hum in questioning. Just what sort of stuff? A question that was left unasked as he continued on.

"I wouldn't’ have said ‘just use chakra’ anyway.”

A pause, a sort of side eye as if he was asking for something way out of line. But a faint shrug and continuing.

"You’re asking a lot of different things, but I guess the answer is the same. Use them. Use your senses and actively focus on that sense.”

A shift of her position from in front of him to the side of the bench, slowly and in thought, but stopping once more as she contemplated his multitude of questions…

"Your goal makes it harder… You’re not looking for better eyesight. You want to feel something and be able to see it.”

A hand extended then, not shooting out but it was pointed and decisive. A finger to his forehead. Pressing against him firmly and remaining there.

"You know what I’m doing. You know who I am. So memorize that feeling. What a person’s skin feels like, how much pressure is being applied, how much of me is touching you, and how a finger feels different than my palm.”

With the last word coming with her hand skimming over his forehead to settle her hand directly palm against his forehead, if he had allowed it thus far.

"Part of improving that skill is being conscious of those tiny details and differences. Be comfortable with how to ‘see’ when things directly come in contact with you and you can naturally move farther.”

Her hand taken back, a step of space given, then a much swifter and more decisive movement, the girl giving a sharp kick to the back of the bench.

"You can feel that. You just have to train yourself and learn how to decipher that feeling without your sight. Keep yourself aware of your sense of touch at all times and why it feels that way.”

It was a concept that Akira assumed would turn rather easy for him. Akira wasn’t fully aware of how that clan worked, but was aware of their intimate nature with doton. This kid had similar abilities… her touch to his forehead had confirmed that much.. Takeshi had always been odd to touch as the ability to read objects and read people was horribly mixed when he was in his earthen form…

I assumed he was in earthen body, but i coulda been wrong. Can edit.

Sesshoku Akira
MADE BY VEL OF GS
last edit by Sesshoku Akira on Jun 12, 2022 21:07:38 GMT -5
people watching [open]Jun 13, 2022 13:37:38 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

"Oh." He sounded highly ignorant, but it bothered him little. In the context of human to ninja, he couldn't really understand. Maybe a teacher would help more? But he would nod, as though she had been extremely helpful.

She did go on further, though. Because he felt the little danger posed to him by her (and negating the fact that his sense of danger was completely off when she was completely capable of ruining his day) - Hotarubi let her touch and prick at his nose and he was still as his eyes lifted upward and at his forehead to stare. "Uhhuh." he was listening even if he didn't sound like it.

Yep. He was going to starve his sense of sight to develop it. Perhaps that had not been exactly what she was going for, but it was helpful enough to him that he developed that keen sense as necessary. While he did not know of her clan abilities (and the fact it was even a clan forsook him) and was baring plain touch to him would have gotten a plethora of various emotions, states of being - of hunger, determination to death as well as his negative traits as well, perhaps a memory of training at the academy - or being berated by his superior brother.

"Well. Thanks." Hotarubi took a step back from her. "I feel like training now." Hotarubi turned albeit not much since following her lead, regarding to his friend - "Sure feels like it!"

He turned to Akira, wondering. "Do you have it? Can you see what my chakra is like?" Just out of curiosity, of course.

has written 0 posts
people watching [open]Jul 15, 2022 14:03:51 GMT -5
Sesshoku Akira
Sesshoku Akira Avatar
groupnull

There Is Always A Mask
Never Trust It

It was a little surprising, she had to admit, that he was so patient and accommodating towards her rambling on. Either that, or she was used to the demeanor of Yamakira… His grunting and single word answers didn’t really seem to deter her, so on she droned with her explanations and thoughts towards a topic that probably didn’t need to be addressed in such depth…

Demonstrations too, like it might help her explanation and cause. Perhaps it did? Or not? Either way, he allowed her to move through and she tried to represent her ideas as best she could muster. The touches to him, to the benefit of both of them, shouldn’t have dug into his privacy. Having gained more practice and ability while spending time with another Yamakira, the lines between person and object may still have been blurred, but no less was controllable. She wasn’t in an unstable state currently, her mind focused and calm helped her from being tormented by the memories of another for the time being.

The short words of the Yamakira returned. A quick thanks. Words that he wanted to train. And then seeming like it would all end there. Akira mentally shifting to simply move on, her business with the bubblegum haired boy done. It was his questioning words that brought her back to attention, though a few beats late. The silence that rang after those questions apparently not met by his friend and had the girl rounding her attention back on him.

"Hm? Oh.”

Settling back in, even if only for a moment, a comfortable stance away from him, hips shifting weight to one side, and a slow shake of her head.

"Not in the way you’re thinking. But I have good… ‘eyes’... in my own way. Perhaps one day I’ll develop traditional sensory, I’ve taken steps in that direction.”

The vaguest of vague hints that she had other capabilities to see things rather than just her eyes, though likely misleading… her keen eye in seeing the details of reality and mirage something she had prided herself on, but just as much that clan eye to see the memories others couldn’t see… Her own sort of sight, she supposed. Though it didn’t terribly help her with location. Chakra though? Chakra Sensory? A whole new ground to open up.

And then hesitation. Once again thinking things were over and she should just end there. Then almost mentally exhausted at relenting… Something against her better judgment and likely to get Takeshi pissed at her. But whatever. Maybe that made it better.

"I’m sure I could help guide you from time to time. Yamakira have a tendency to be too rough and thick headed for something as delicate as chakra sensory.”

And maybe this would be fun too. She could feel the edges of other personalities nagging at her mind there…. The injuries from that long past exam still itching at her. A little more forwardness, irritation, but as it played out here… Taunting. The slightest bit of a taunt and a faint, faint smirk to her lips. She called out his clan and their temperament as a detriment to him succeeding.

Maybe this would be fun too. Maybe..

Sesshoku Akira
MADE BY VEL OF GS
people watching [open]Jul 20, 2022 10:09:53 GMT -5
Deleted
Deleted Avatar
groupnull

He nodded. She couldn't, then. A secondary thought would be supplied by him, surrounding the actual statement - she had special eyes then, perhaps?

A dojutsu, then? She had a dojutsu? Hotarubi would be sure to read into it later at a library if he so had the mental inkling. But the thought would be lost among the other desires competing for time inside his mind and it would be lost.

He could at least consider his curiosity quenched by Akira. He would have asked her if she had the sense how his chakra felt - if it was big, or anything that could have stoked his ego. Not that Akira would have enabled a Yamakira to do that, since they could do it all on their own accord. Her (very correct) assessment of the Yamakira would have Hotarubi click through his teeth in disapproval. "We can listen when we wanna'" and there was some truth to the statement. Only a little bit.

But that did have Hotarubi ready to get a move on. "You got whatcha need?" Hotarubi would cross his arms, staring back at his friend who had so engaged in the conversation as well. "None, to be honest!" they seemed cheerful in absence of Hotarubi's own.

"Ja ne, then." Hotarubi would nod, and that would be him on his way in quite the oblivious fashion. At some other point, he would too... learn about this Sesshoku Akira.

has written 0 posts