TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
-
R
aising the question of how the whales would be used to help with evacuating the citizens, the inquiry made the two council members look at one another in contemplation. They'd been speaking more generally of all the shinobi forces (including the whales, naturally) that could come for backup, but neither had considered the potential of actually utilizing the whales in the way Jun had interpreted it.

Such a unique idea wasn't necessarily one to dismiss just because it wasn't what they'd originally been considering, though. There were certainly ways that such a thing could be done in the event of a major emergency.

"I suppose the easiest way for the whales to help would be having them blockade the shore while the land-bound shinobi help move the civilians further inland," the councilman answered, stroking his chin. "Several of the whales are capable of producing large bodies of water to suspend themselves on land without beaching themselves, so they would provide a quite stalwart defense in that regard," he expanded.

"I suppose if the enemy forces fired jutsu or flammable materials into the city and made it unsafe to evacuate inwards towards land, the whales could also hold the civilians in their mouths and go beneath the water. That's a surefire way to avoid most chases," the councilwoman added, apparently not nervous about stating such a ridiculous idea. Even strange ideas could be helpful ones, it seemed.
ISHY of THQ & ADOXOGRAPHY

has written 436 posts
The Path to You [Shuka]Mar 20, 2023 10:37:08 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday December 25th rank Genin occupation
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]王手
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]Checkmate!

[attr="class","skullbody"]As the girl posed her question the other two would get to work with various different ideas that even incorporated one that she herself was too shy to actively speak on. "I knew I should’ve said something.” the girl would think to herself feeling a little embarrassed at her lack of courage, but not exactly making it apparent on her face. At this point the girl wasn’t sure what more she could add the two war councilman were so well versed in their own strategies that she wasn’t more needed to be said clearly; it must've been the result of many years of experience.
[break][break]
No one had asked for any further opinions and Jun simply tried to figure out why they came to such conclusions. "It would also allow them to move without detection as well, since they’d be submerged under the sea and with the village’s naturally cold climate it could prove a safe escape route.” the girl would say rubbing her chin as she pointed out the obvious. "Hmm, but outside of what we've discussed is there anything more we can do to fortify our strategy?” all things considered it would seem they came up with a rather solid plan but she was curious if there was anything they might've missed.
[break][break]
Before her were two of the most wise strategist in her village and she was grateful for the opportunity to even be allowed in to work with them, had every right to shoo her out of the conversation or dismiss her ideas especially considering that she interjected herself into the conversation but still chose to let her speak with them. And while she may have made a few mistakes she felt as thought she was going to walk away from the experience having learned more about how to be a better strategist and gained valuable insight into her own shortcomings.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]245 WORDS /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:480px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:451px;height:208px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/Cb5OWYI.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#8A2BE2;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:9px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:10px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody b]color:#BF00FF;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:9px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:8px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Mar 20, 2023 10:43:05 GMT -5
Meep has written 348 posts
The Path to You [Shuka]Mar 21, 2023 22:18:59 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
If the world is cold, make it your business to build fires
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age birthday rank occupation

Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
-
T
he young strategist inquired if there was anything else that could be done to fortify their strategy. Both council members looked thoughtful.

"The truth of the matter is that every strategy can always be fortified," the councilwoman would eventually sigh. "We could sit here all day and keep coming up with new ideas. In fact, we've done that before. What is the record on our longest meeting?" She inquired of her fellow.

"Sixteen hours is the longest I've personally been in one, though some of our older records have much longer ones," he answered her. She nodded.

"We've been contemplating stationing doton users on the southern border to help create rocky outcrops in the water to impede invading forces in the event of a naval attack. Things like that. Small vulnerabilities we have to account for... Maybe some day we'll let you see one of our crisis management plans," she offered. Jun would have to be a little more experienced as a shinobi before that, though.

"In the meantime," Shuka interjected, wanting to provide Jun with something actionable that might encourage her, "on the next few missions you go on, keep your eyes peeled for any security vulnerabilities in Yuki no Kuni that you might notice. The best way to be a good strategist is to always keep your eyes peeled for small details. If you can become very familiar with Yukigakure's ins and outs, as well as those of our security checkpoints throughout the country, it will make you better at coming up with activation strategies."

has written 436 posts
The Path to You [Shuka]Jun 18, 2023 11:18:22 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]The two council members would look between themselves and Jun looked on awaiting their wisdom stating that every strategy can be fortified, which the girl would think on. "That's true...even if its a solidified plan it can always be improved." the girl would think as she nods her head attentively. They speak on their deliberations revealing that they're longest meeting was roughly 16 hours long which fascinated the young girl. "16 hours...I can only imagine how intense those deliberations must've been." the girl would say eager at the idea.
[break][break]
They even gave her more of a glimpse on just what it was they were working on Doton based fortifications and was told that perhaps they may let her in on their crisis management planning. "I'd be honored to work with you again, if I am able I appreciate the consideration!" the girl would say excitedly but then lady Shuka would speak up and the girl would look to her giving her, her full undivided attention.
[break][break]
Telling her to keep an eye out for small details and allow herself to become more familiar with the village's locales from top to bottom. "I'll be sure to do so my lady...!" the girl would say nodding her head to the villages leader, with that the girl would keep herself quiet as the others would continue to speak among themselves more so waiting to be excused.
[break][break]
However she still did have something she needed to speak with her villages leader about in regards to something else that had happened on her assignment. She wasn't sure who else to go too and didn't want to speak to her parents about it just yet so figured she could perhaps get some more personal guidance from the village leader once the meeting was over.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]282 WORDS /

[newclass=.skullhover]width:480px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:451px;height:208px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/Cb5OWYI.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#8A2BE2;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:9px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;font-size:10px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:9px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:8px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Jun 18, 2023 11:19:21 GMT -5
The Path to You [Shuka]Jun 18, 2023 19:06:58 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi

Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
-
S
atisfied that they had learned of the young girl's potential, and that she had been assigned a task by Yuki Shuka, the meeting was ready to continue on as normal. With the subject wrapped for the day, the last few minutes of the meeting were mostly bureaucratic processes, like taking votes on simple questions, making sure that the record-keeper had managed to capture everything that had been discussed, and formally adjourning the meeting.

Muramatsa Jun seemed to have stuck around through the closing proceedings, though whether it was out of interest or out of necessity was unclear to Shuka.

She said her polite goodbyes to the other council members, made plans for when the next meeting would take place, and had a few scrolls of information for review handed over to her. Those would join the dozens on her desk that she would inevitably have to read through, some mandates or contracts she would have to sign into effect. The role of a village leader was incredibly complex in the number of areas it touched.

With all that done, Shuka approached Jun, smiling at her.

"Thank you for your contributions to today's meeting. It is always a pleasure to have the younger generations provide their insight on subjects like this. Is there a specific reason you came here today?"

has written 436 posts
The Path to You [Shuka]Jun 18, 2023 19:50:00 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]As the deliberations ended and the individuals in question left for the afternoon, Jun stayed behind still wanting to hear more. But once the room was clear the girl would finally have a moment to speak to Lady Shuka she thanked her for her insight and asked for her reason as to why she came. The girl did in fact have something on her mind and she was somewhat worried she would be reprimanded for such action but figured it was best to be addressed now.
[break][break]
After a moment the girl would clear her throat, after the morning she had had this was weighing on her mind quite heavily. "I actually wanted to discuss something that occured this morning..." the girl would say recalling that moment at the train station. "During my time with the Iwagakure Shinobi, things were professional as necessary. However..." a blush would overcome the girls face for a brief moment something that Shuka would easily understand.
[break][break]
"He and I became very close in the brief time we spent together and..." the girl shuffled in her seat nervous and embarrassed at the same time. "I began to find him rather...enchanting..." her words trailed off as she thought of him a beautiful stranger, a small smile would cross her lips as the memories of his silver hair and soft eyes would pass her mind a vivid spark in her heart but after a moment she'd collect herself.
[break][break]
"The morning he was set to leave...he confessed his feelings to me...I...wanted to reciprocate them but..." the girl felt a wound cross her heart as she thought on having to break his heart. "I felt that even thought we were allies there was a possibility that one errant act of disrespect on the part of our nations could make our relationship problematic." the girl wasn't sure what to think it was a painful thought that she couldn't shake.
[break][break]
"But I've never found myself in this predicament before...and I'm not sure if I handled it correctly...?" It was clear by the sound of her voice that she was troubled she would look to her leader the young girl looking for her wise guidance. "How do I handle these feelings? And what do I do should they arise again?" the girl wasn't one for dramatics but she was still young and never navigated these feelings before. "And I apologize if my behavior is unprofessional."

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]322 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
last edit by Muramatsa Jun on Jun 18, 2023 19:50:54 GMT -5
The Path to You [Shuka]Jun 19, 2023 0:56:30 GMT -5
Yuki Shuka
Yuki Shuka Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi

Yuki Shuka
---
TAG
-
-
WORDS
-
-
-
S
ure enough, Jun had something on her mind besides the matter of delivering her mission report. She informed Shuka of what was weighing on her, the reason that she had come to talk with the lady of the village.

So that was it. Young love. The flush on the girl's face indicated it was true, that she was embarrassed to share these emotions. Oh, to be young again, to experience that flurry of emotion.

Shuka remembered clearly a time in her own life where she was experiencing something similar. Sixteen years old, going off to war. Deeply in love with one of her teammates, but scared about what the future might hold when there was so much uncertainty in the world. The fun, the closeness, the tragedy, the emptiness left behind.

To love another shinobi was such a sad and dangerous thing.

"You do not need to trouble yourself - I do not mind answering your questions."
Perhaps it wasn't quite professional, but Shuka was always more indulgent of young shinobi.

"Romance is something that will... always be complicated for a shinobi. Something so long-distance can be difficult. Can be draining. We have a rather solid alliance with Iwagakure and I cannot imagine relations between our countries collapsing severely enough to hinder such a relationship, but the world can be unpredictable at times. I do not think it is irrational to have these concerns," she started. In the strictly pragmatic sense, it was probably better to leave things as they were and not pursue this relationship.

"Yet, the more romantic part of me cannot help but believe that something shouldn't be avoided just because it may be temporary. You should ask yourself if this is a flight of fancy that you will get over within a week, or if you feel very strongly about it. If you really do care for him, you should not allow potential challenges to get in your way. We cannot predict the future and time may change what is possible, but I believe even a short time together can be meaningful, and it is better to pursue your feelings instead of always wondering what might have been."

has written 436 posts
The Path to You [Shuka]Jun 22, 2023 9:46:16 GMT -5
Muramatsa Jun
Muramatsa Jun Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]After bearing her heart to her leader the woman would tell her of her experiences and how she views it, she sees the merit in Jun's manner of thinking but tells that it isn't something that she should avoid simply because it feels like it could be a problem and to ask herself how she herself views it.
[break][break]
Jun already had her answer she knew she should've trusted her heart and now because of what may have happened that opportunity may never arise again perhaps she was foolish to let those feelings be burrowed away. The lament could be seen in her eyes even if it wasn't properly displayed on her face. "I understand Ma'm."
[break][break]
The woman would say as she took the words of her leader. "I appreciate the wisdom and shall take it to heart." for a future endeavor perhaps she may undertake one day down the line. "Perhaps I could write him a letter and reach out to him once he's arrived home." with that the girl would prepare herself to leave bowing to her village's leader.
[break][break]
"Thank you for your wisdom, I should be going." with that the girl would leave her leader with a smile and make her way out of Lady Shuka's office taking the time to think on what she had said, and using that wisdom as a means of progressing herself forward.

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]223 WORDS /

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]