The call up [Jou]Apr 4, 2022 2:06:28 GMT -5
Taki Okada
I'm an Okada First and a Shinobi Second
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday November 7th rank Jounin occupation Sage

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

A loser like you ain't got no guts!

With the bevy of events that had been unfolding between Haruka and Jou Taki had half a mind to try and check up on the kid to make sure he was doing okay after his conversation with Haruka she was certain he wasn’t in the best spirits and while she did promise him to meet the clan personally after the exams she figured this might be a nice surprise, he earned it after all.

"So you tore up his notebook, we applaud you for keeping kayfabe alive my love but you know you don’t need to do that.” Taki’s mother would say as she made her way down towards Jou’s room. "I mean we kinda gotta right, but I think I walk da line kinda nicely.” she’d reply. "Just don’t do anything that would upset our bottom line we’re still recovering from that time you attempted to degrade the Tsuchikage, stellar heel work and fine points of course but there’s a time and a place my darling.” Taki would nod.

"I got it, I got it. Anyway ready to meet your new signee?” the girl would say. "I think this is a wonderful thing you’re doing my love, I’m certain he’ll be a great asset.” her mother would then give her a kiss on the cheek. "Mom…!” after a moment Taki would clear her throat and knock on Jou’s door. "Hey Joey, I got someone who would like to meet wichita.” the girl would say as she waited for him to answer.

Should he answer the door Taki’s mother would be standing there alongside Taki in her signature white suit and short hair Okada’s Daimond and head of the Shinobi Shoot Wrestling Association Jisa Okada someone easily recognizable to any fan of the Okada events.

MOVMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

During Taki's training she learns that she has a significant amount of energy and after graduating to the rank of genin she began to learn how to properly make use of them under the tutelage of Midori Chizawa. As a result the girl is now able to perform a bevy of powerful techniques for longer periods of time without tiring as quickly as others.

[Heavyweight: Super Strength SA]

With the rigorous training that Taki's now able to throw down with the best of them boasting monstrous strength fitting for her professional wrestling background, having combined that with the training she performed at the academy has now made her able to performs ridiculous feats such as being able to crush stones in her grip causing concussions and snap bones with her powerful strikes and holds. Taki has also increased the amount of weight she is able to lift by a massive margin in a way that makes her an even more fearsome taijutsu practitioner than before.

[Wrestling Genius]

As a result of her training, and advancements as a genin. Taki's grappling ability has increased even further making her wrestling based techniques far more difficult to deal with and escape from. As a result, her slams, holds, submissions and suplex's are far more damaging and harder to escape from then that of a genin who is not trained in these particular abilities.

301 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
Meep has written 1,707 posts
The call up [Jou]Apr 4, 2022 13:40:41 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
age 18 years old birthday June 12 rank Adv. Genin occupation
Jou was still not in the best of moods after the events of his fight with Haruka. After that painful day, Jou has been both working himself harder, and practically berating himself. Jou had always clung to the hope given to him by his late sister that maybe he wasn't a failure, a disgrace to his clan...but after that match, Jou was really starting to believe that his parents were right about him all along. He was still unaware of the fact that his parents saw this match, and the further disappointment they now feel. Jou's reunion with them once he heads back to Iwagakure is certainly going to be shaky...but until then, the Himishi boy has to remain focused on doing better here.

Jou had been working hard on his body, but this time, the white-haired teen was working on his brain muscles. Jou sat at a little desk by his bed, reading a book related to combat, as well as taking notes...with the new notebook Haruka had given him. There were other books laying across is bed, and even one or two on the floor close by. Jou has been quite busy...and barely getting sleep which was evident by the bags under his eyes.

After reading the final page, Jou closed both that book and his new notebook before yawning lightly. He wanted to rest his head a bit...but Jou also did not want to waste any time and against his better judgment...he reached for another book on his bed to study. But as he did this, Jou noticed something from the corner of his eyes. Among the books on his bed, one of them was his old notebook....the one that was ripped up by a certain Okada he looks up to.

Instead of grabbing a book to study, Jou picked up that notebook instead. It was a little unrecognizable now...but Taki's autograph was still on what remains of the front page. Despite what happened, Jou was still at least a little happy that enough of the autograph remained intact. But at the same time, looking at this just reminds Jou of how poorly he treated that situation. He still needed to find a way to make it up to her.

....Speaking of....

Jou heard a knock at the door, and before he could answer or turn around...he heard a familiar voice from the other side. Okada Taki, here!? Now!? She seemed to be...here for him? Jou did not even process what she said, that she wasn't alone. He just didn't understand why she'd come to see him after....Wait...Jou knew why...

....or at least he thought.

Immediately, Jou stood up and quickly made his way to the door, speaking before opening it. "O-Oh, B-Bakudan-sama...Sorry! I still do intend on paying for the damages to your clot-" But as Jou opened the door, his rambling came to a swift end the moment he saw...her.

Not Okada Taki...No, he was rendered speechless by the woman beside her.

"Y-Y-Y-Y-" Jou started to point, whatever drowsiness he felt from his lack of sleep fading due to the surprise. "Y-Y-Y-You're....H-Head of the S.S.W.A. and former manager of Okada K-Kodi..." Jou then glanced over at Taki while still pointing at the woman. "Th-that's Okada Jisa, D-Diamond of the Okada!" This was certainly enough to distract Jou for the moment. To meet someone who he truly idolizes like this all of a sudden? It was beyond surreal.

Jou then quickly realized how loud he was being and covered his mouth with one of his hands before quickly bowing. "I-I'm very sorry...f-for the outburst." he said, his voice lowered and muffled now. Good thing his roommate, Kasumi wasn't here at the moment. He has barely spoken to her so Jou isn't sure how much she may or may not prefer loud outbursts....though it would've probably made things a little more interesting unknowingly to Jou.

[REDACTED] has written 254 posts
The call up [Jou]Apr 7, 2022 2:00:02 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

As Jisa looked to the young man her motherly instincts kicked in. "Oh my you did your homework you really are a fan.” she’d say, impressed by his knowledge. "May we trouble you for a moment of your time sir?” her tone was posh and professional much like that of someone who grew up in one of the richer parts of Tsuchi no Kuni. "Sup Joey, Miss Okada here has a surprise for ya.” she’d say with a smile on her face heading into his room and taking a look around she’d see the notebook on the floor and would seem a bit disheartened as she noticed the mess she had made but it had also looked as if he was still using it so that was nice Taki hated disappointing fans so she had hoped that getting to meet one of his heroes would more than make up for it.

"Now, Jou as you know the SSWA is a rather new development having only been in existence for a short while. It’s a promotion that blends the Shinobi style with the big fight feel of our sport. And while it’s still coming into form, as your no doubt aware due to our sporadic showings, I figured that I’d come out to these exams in hopes of doing some scouting in search of the best talent I could find." she'd say laying out her mission statement. "And my boy I must say I am very impressed. Your pyrotechnical display of Katon Ninjutsu was quite eye catching and would make for the perfect addition to our ranks, young man you have the makings of a true star!” she’d say smiling to the boy. "So I ask you young man, do you think it have what it takes to battle with the elite shinobi of the SSWA?"

"My daughter speaks highly of your tenacity and thinks you’d make an excellent edition, but an endorsement from Bakudan herself comes with lofty expectations.” Taki would lean against the wall on the opposite of his bed, winking too him.

"Let me go over your terms, by signing this contract you’ll be agreeing to perform at least twice a month, report to training twice a week, and keep yourself within good standing within the shinobi military of course, failure to do so will result in repercussions that contain but are not limited too, reduction in pay and a lack of consideration for matches and/or the termination of your contract without obligation of payment.” she’d say as he scanned through the contract giving him a rundown of what to expect, it was still business of course.

MOVMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

During Taki's training she learns that she has a significant amount of energy and after graduating to the rank of genin she began to learn how to properly make use of them under the tutelage of Midori Chizawa. As a result the girl is now able to perform a bevy of powerful techniques for longer periods of time without tiring as quickly as others.

With the rigorous training that Taki's now able to throw down with the best of them boasting monstrous strength fitting for her professional wrestling background, having combined that with the training she performed at the academy has now made her able to performs ridiculous feats such as being able to crush stones in her grip causing concussions and snap bones with her powerful strikes and holds. Taki has also increased the amount of weight she is able to lift by a massive margin in a way that makes her an even more fearsome taijutsu practitioner than before.

[Wrestling Genius]

As a result of her training, and advancements as a genin. Taki's grappling ability has increased even further making her wrestling based techniques far more difficult to deal with and escape from. As a result, her slams, holds, submissions and suplex's are far more damaging and harder to escape from then that of a genin who is not trained in these particular abilities.

446 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
The call up [Jou]Apr 7, 2022 17:32:27 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
"A-Ah w-well yeah...y-y'know..." Jou was practically a mess now, chuckling nervously while rubbing the back of his head. He really was a fan...and right now, Jou was face to face with not just one, but TWO of his freaking idols! Most true fans would do anything to be in the position Jou was in right now. His troubles over Haruka had been washed to the back of his mind at this point, and Jou was filled with nothing but joy as well as disbelief!

Of course, it was only going to get better...

"U-U-Uh it's no trouble at all, J-Jisa-sama!" Jou claimed with an almost enthusiastic bow before looking over at Taki. "A-A surprise...f-for me?" Jou pointed at him, blinking a few times. Jou was so worked up with these two, especially Jisa being here that he didn't even consider why they were here in the first place. To people like them, Jou was a nobody, just another fan...Why did they need to see him...? Wait...Perhaps this has something to do with the issue Jou caused Taki previously! Jou's expression nearly sunk at that thought while watching the two come into the room. They must've been planning on shaking him down...Yes, there could be no other reason. Oh, Jou was in for it now...

"A-Again, I'm really sorry about attacki-" Jou started to say, his tone low, but quickly stopped and looked back up at Jisa as she started talking about the SSWA instead. Jou was a little confused at first. It didn't seem like they were here for any malicious reasons.

Jou listened carefully, and so far, Jou still had no clue why she was telling him all of this. She came to the Exams to scout out potential recruits...But what did that have to do with Jou? Even when she brought up being impressed, Jou still didn't completely register what was happening. "U-Uh yeah...th-there are a lot of i-impressive people her-" Jou spoke once again in a low tone, but like before, he did not finish as Jisa said her next sentence. It then...finally started to click. "I-I...wait...What are you sayin-"

"So I ask you young man, do you think it have what it takes to battle with the elite shinobi of the SSWA?"

It was at that very moment, Jou practically froze up, his expression speaking volumes of how much he was feeling at this moment, his eyes practically sparkling. As Jisa continued to speak, Jou was certainly listening...but that wasn't the only thing on his mind. Was he...dreaming? If he was, he hoped that no one would wake him! This was not happening right now! Him...a wrestler!! Jou has may of thought about it once or twice...maybe more, but never did he actually believe something like this would happen!

As Jisa started to wrap things up, Jou started to get himself together, looking over at Taki and then back to Jisa again, an honest grin slowly forming on his face. He was now looking at the contract...THE official contract. Dare he touch it? Jou's hand nearly reached for it, almost about it take it until...he hesitated. At that moment, he thought about Haruka, how weak she made him feel and his grin shrunk as slowly as it appeared. "A-Are you sure about this? I'm not anything special, y'know." Jou glanced away. "I-I don't even know how to perform any techniques..." Jou added...despite the fact that he has a few wrestling techniques secretly written on the back pages of his notebook....

"Th-There's plenty of other genin here who would be better candidates." he claimed, still selling himself short. He even glanced over at his roommate's empty bed before continuing. "I think you guys would prefer my roommate better...Sh-She might be back soon...i-if you guys want to stick around I mean."

The call up [Jou]Apr 9, 2022 20:18:08 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

As Jisa laid out the rules to the young man he seemed somewhat hesitant about the prospect. "I understand if you’re hesitant about the process, its a massive undertaking but fret not we’ll be willing to teach you everything we can about the business. I can give you some time to think about it, if you feel you need it. But understand this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.” Jisa put her hand in Taki would look to Jou with a slightly stern look.

"Uh-oh he’s losing it…” the girl would think. "Joey, Dis is your dream ya can’t just let it walk away, if you wanna be in this business you gotta have a spine, I put my cards on you so you gotta step up to the plate. I wouldn’ta picked you if I didn’t you could do it, you’ve got a week from today to decide.” She didn’t want to add unnecessary pressure but at the same time she did want to coax him a little he needed to be bold.

He had a serious confidence issue and that was something she wanted to stomp out, but she did her part now it was up to him. Her mother would look to her child impressed with the way she laid down the law, very savvy. "Come along Taki.” Taki would look to her mother. "A’ight.” she’d say, as her mother would open the door. "We’ll be waiting to hear from you Jou-san.” her mother would say as she opened the door and started to leave. "Don’t let me down Joey.” Taki would raise a hand.

MOVMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

[Wrestling Genius]

[Sage Mode]

✤ | Abilities (Imperfect Enhancement)
✤ Gorilla Grip [Grip Strength]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body and overall Taijutsu prowess increase exponentially most notably her grip strength allowing her to take hold of someone with a painful amount of power amplifying her already proficient ability to grapple with an opponent making it significantly harder to be broken out of as well a deal a considerable amount of damage.

✤ Gorilla Press [Natural Taijutsu]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body Taki is able to use nature energy to harness her powers in order to make her more physically imposing than normal adding to her natural affinities with Taijutsu allowing her move faster and hit harder heavy items thus adding a good amount of power and heft to her attacks allowing her to snap bones with much less effort and outpace a good majority of her enemies with her monstrous charge.

✤ The Immovable Force [Durability]

Due to the coarse strength of a gorilla's skin Taki is able to withstand a good amount of extra punishment allowing her to be able to withstand blows from most enemies that most shinobi wouldn't be able to normally withstand. As such blows from strong fighters are reduced by a considerable amount and when struck feel like colliding with a considerably immovable force.

276 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
The call up [Jou]Apr 12, 2022 10:44:34 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
This was certainly a lot for Jou to take in. At first, he couldn't believe that this was happening at all! A dream come true! He would no longer just be sitting down, watching wrestling from the side as a fan...but he will be participating as one of them...a wrestler and under Okada Taki's endorsement! It was actually like multiple dreams being realized in this single moment. He wanted to say yes more than anything...but the weight of his own doubts was keeping him down. Was he really cut out for something like this? What would the Himishi Clan think of having one of their own participate in this? Most importantly what would his parents...and even though they aren't talking, what would Haruka think...?

Jou was looking down, but he would slowly look back up at Jisa as she added more, his expression still riddled with uncertainty. A once in a lifetime opportunity....Jou did not need to be told this...but hearing Jisa say it made this feel all the more special...and conflicting. Then Taki added in on this, causing Jou to glance over at her. Jou never realized how much faith Taki had in him. Anyone having faith in Jou was a rare occurrence. At that moment, as Taki continued to speak, Jou did not just see her as Okada "Bakudan" Taki, a famous wrestler who he was a big fan of...He saw her in a similar way as some others he has had the pleasure of meeting. Kazu, Kashiwa, Ichi...He even saw a bit of Haruka in her. "Taki-san..." Jou muttered, his expression lightening up slowly, but he said nothing else after that.

He then watched as the Okada left, still not saying a word. They gave him time to think. Jou rubbed the back of his neck before looking down once more. He then looked up and over to a mirror that was on his side of the room. He placed his hands balled up into fists gently onto the dresser as he looked at himself. Jou looked at his reflection, a look of uncertainty staring back at him. This...This is how people saw him....He did not want anyone to see him like this...Never again.

Jou closed his eyes before taking a deep breath. They gave Jou time to think about this...but the teen has already made up his mind. He wanted to take his future into his hands....and mold it into whatever he wanted it to be. So Jou opened his eyes, a fierce expression riddled with determination glaring back at him! Jou unclenched his fists and slammed his palms onto the dresser, rattling it a bit. After that he quickly went over to the door and opened it, hopefully in time to catch Jisa and Taki.

"W-Wait! I made up my mind!" Jou said as he came running out of the room. "I...I accep-uuf!" As Jou ran...he got a little clumsy and fell right on his face from tripping on his own feet...

He didn't let that little blunder stop him though. He then used his hands to push himself up a bit, looking at the two Okada from his fallen position, a fiery look still in his eyes. "I...accept. I want to be...a wrestler..." WIth that...he grinned, his resolve beginning to show.

The call up [Jou]Apr 15, 2022 0:04:36 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

With Taki having laid down the law she’d take her leave alongside her mother sighing shaking her head at the boy. "I’m sure he’ll make the proper decision, but his lack of confidence is somewhat unsettling.” Taki would place her hands in her pockets thinking to herself. "C’mon Joey…” a short while later there was a clatter coming from the door behind him Taki would turn her head along with her mother who would look back at the boy as he made his way out of his room. With a cocked brow Taki’s lips would turn into a scowl as he said the words. "I wanna be a wrestler.” satisfied she’d walk over towards him and help him up off the floor placing her hands on his shoulder and whispering into his ear. "I knew you had it in ya.” she’d say giving him a firm grasp on his shoulder and shaking his hand.

With that she’d move out of the way and allow her mother to hand him the contract, "Just sign on the dotted line and we’ll be in touch, we’ll need to get you fitted for your costume and come up with some sort of gimmick for you.” She would say looking to the young boy handing him a pen. "We’re glad you made the right decision and are happy to have you on board.” With that the girl would stand and watch. "Is dat my future, running around signing contracts and building the business, man I can’t wait.” the girl would say all of this work was a nice distraction from everything that had gone all earlier but there was still one burning question in the back of her head. "Who was his roommate?”

MOVMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

[Wrestling Genius]

[Sage Mode]

✤ Gorilla Grip [Grip Strength]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body and overall Taijutsu prowess increase exponentially most notably her grip strength allowing her to take hold of someone with a painful amount of power amplifying her already proficient ability to grapple with an opponent making it significantly harder to be broken out of as well a deal a considerable amount of damage.

✤ Gorilla Press [Natural Taijutsu]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body Taki is able to use nature energy to harness her powers in order to make her more physically imposing than normal adding to her natural affinities with Taijutsu allowing her move faster and hit harder heavy items thus adding a good amount of power and heft to her attacks allowing her to snap bones with much less effort and outpace a good majority of her enemies with her monstrous charge.

✤ The Immovable Force [Durability]

Due to the coarse strength of a gorilla's skin Taki is able to withstand a good amount of extra punishment allowing her to be able to withstand blows from most enemies that most shinobi wouldn't be able to normally withstand. As such blows from strong fighters are reduced by a considerable amount and when struck feel like colliding with a considerably immovable force.

288 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
The call up [Jou]Apr 17, 2022 18:09:22 GMT -5
Himishi Jou
Himishi Jou Avatar
groupnull
Jou found himself being brought right back up to his feet with ease by Taki. What she whispered into his ears only added to Jou's confidence that he did the right thing...not that he needed confirmation. He could tell deep down that this was something he truly wanted to do...that no was never going to be an option. Jou simply nodded at Taki with a bright look on his face, giving the young Okada a firm handshake in return which might be a bit unexpected considering how delicate Jou tends to come off.

But now, Jou was facing Jisa once again, and given the contract. He gave the contract one good look once again, but instead of hesitating, Jou took it and started signing. Costumes...gimmicks....Jou has not truly thought those through, not even whenever he thought about...hypothetical scenarios. This just got the young Himishi's blood pumping more. "I'm glad too." Jou said as he finished signing and gave it back to Jisa before bowing. "Th-thank you so much for this opportunity, Jisa-sama! I will not disappoint you." Jou claimed before standing up properly then looked over at Taki with an almost fiery look on his features. "I certainly won't disappoint you either, Taki!" Jou was buzzing with new energy now, ready to take this opportunity he was presented up tby storm...But of course this was going to have to wait until after the Exams. One step at a time...but now, Jou felt that he had more to look forward to.

quick reply

compose a reply