The Cold Shoulder [Taki]

compose a reply
The Cold Shoulder [Taki]Apr 11, 2022 21:29:25 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
If it's not worth the effort, why bother?
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday 12/21 rank Advanced Genin occupation Genin Team One Member
Kazu walked the streets of Kagamino no Shi. With the second round of fights over, Kazu felt pretty good. His performance in his first two fights went fairly well, he'd already done what he came here to do. Still, there was one individual he still wanted to fight, to see how he would fair against him. 

"Shigure..." Were the only words that escaped his lips. Watching his two fights had helped a massive amount, Kazu now knew just how much the boy excelled in Taijutsu. However, Yoru had died today too... That was bound to affect how Shigure fought the following day, whether Kazu was his opponent or not. He only had one day left for strategizing before he'd have to play it by ear. He really wanted to talk with either Haruka or Taki for advice... but that was unlikely.

The streets were getting a bit too rowdy for Kazu though, so he went to his normal rooftop instead. With his legs dangling off the edge, Kazu sat there, still trying to gather his thoughts. Tomorrow was the last day. The last chance he had to prove himself worthy of the title Chuunin. He sighed, "No point worrying about it, whatever happens, happens right?" He'd say to himself. 
Strikr123 has written 317 posts
The Cold Shoulder [Taki]Apr 13, 2022 23:16:27 GMT -5
Taki Okada
I'm an Okada First and a Shinobi Second
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday November 7th rank Jounin occupation Sage

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

A loser like you ain't got no guts!

Taki had just finished her second fight and was feeling damn good about it, not only was it practically a sweep it was a knockout and the girl was riding high, as she made her way out of the arena she’d have a song blaring into her headphones, bobbing her head to the tune as she strutted out the door taking out the other sage was a great feeling that'll show that blowhard just how strong she is. "You’re the best around…nothings gonna ever keep you down~” as she made her way through the streets she’d spot Kazu and look up towards him.

"Eyy, how ya doing Ice Box.” the thrill of victory had her on a high, enough for her to jump up and offer him a high five up high and down low. "Nice job out dere.” she’d say as she held out her hands. But she’d note that he looked to be in deep contemplative thought it made her wonder something as she let him go looking down at him.

"You doin alright, ya lookin 'a little lawst?” He won his fight by a pretty good margin both of em in fact, so the girl was a bit confused as to why he seemed so lost in thought. "Somethin up?” she’d say as she took of her headphones the girls music blaring through her headphones as the two stood on the roof the girl taking a spot beside him and looking up the clouds.

MOVMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

During Taki's training she learns that she has a significant amount of energy and after graduating to the rank of genin she began to learn how to properly make use of them under the tutelage of Midori Chizawa. As a result the girl is now able to perform a bevy of powerful techniques for longer periods of time without tiring as quickly as others.

[Heavyweight: Super Strength SA]

With the rigorous training that Taki's now able to throw down with the best of them boasting monstrous strength fitting for her professional wrestling background, having combined that with the training she performed at the academy has now made her able to performs ridiculous feats such as being able to crush stones in her grip causing concussions and snap bones with her powerful strikes and holds. Taki has also increased the amount of weight she is able to lift by a massive margin in a way that makes her an even more fearsome taijutsu practitioner than before.

[Wrestling Genius]

As a result of her training, and advancements as a genin. Taki's grappling ability has increased even further making her wrestling based techniques far more difficult to deal with and escape from. As a result, her slams, holds, submissions and suplex's are far more damaging and harder to escape from then that of a genin who is not trained in these particular abilities.

[Sage Mode]

✤ | Abilities (Imperfect Enhancement)
✤ Gorilla Grip [Grip Strength]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body and overall Taijutsu prowess increase exponentially most notably her grip strength allowing her to take hold of someone with a painful amount of power amplifying her already proficient ability to grapple with an opponent making it significantly harder to be broken out of as well a deal a considerable amount of damage.

✤ Gorilla Press [Natural Taijutsu]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body Taki is able to use nature energy to harness her powers in order to make her more physically imposing than normal adding to her natural affinities with Taijutsu allowing her move faster and hit harder heavy items thus adding a good amount of power and heft to her attacks allowing her to snap bones with much less effort and outpace a good majority of her enemies with her monstrous charge.

✤ The Immovable Force [Durability]

Due to the coarse strength of a gorilla's skin Taki is able to withstand a good amount of extra punishment allowing her to be able to withstand blows from most enemies that most shinobi wouldn't be able to normally withstand. As such blows from strong fighters are reduced by a considerable amount and when struck feel like colliding with a considerably immovable force.

219 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
last edit by Taki Okada on Apr 15, 2022 23:55:41 GMT -5
Meep has written 1,707 posts
The Cold Shoulder [Taki]Apr 16, 2022 0:15:57 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday 12/21 rank Advanced Genin occupation Genin Team One Member
Kazu was lost in thought to the point that he hadn't noticed one of the two people he was looking for, Taki. He'd met the girl briefly, at the same time that he had met Kasumi. Her nicknaming was original, at least. "I'm good, just thinking." He would respond to her initial greeting. Smiling at the complement, he'd give her a high five. Up high, then down low. Her mannerisms still confused him, but he went along with it. "You too, you did great out there." Taki really was amazing in both her fights. Kazu thought he did well but compared to some of the competition he wasn't much.

It seemed it was obvious that Kazu was a little lost in thought, especially if Taki noticed. From what Kazu knew of her, she wasn't super attentive as far as people's emotions. She took her headphones off just before the Yuki Genin had a chance to respond, "I'm fine, don't worry. Just thinking on the final round. There's someone I kind of wanna face before this is all over. I want to know my skill level based off of his." Kazu started, he knew saying the name was stupid, Taki hated Konoha. Still, he couldn't tell her all of this without saying who he wanted to fight. He sighed before continuing, "I want to fight Shigure... Not because I hate the leaf, but because he's one of the strongest people in these exams that I might actually stand a chance against. You got any advice for if I end up fighting him?" He asked, she'd taken a seat next to him while he spoke. He could almost feel anger coming from her, but hopefully that was just his mind playing tricks on him.
The Cold Shoulder [Taki]Apr 17, 2022 15:28:40 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

As the girl sat on the rooftop with the boy staring up at the clouds she’d listen in on what he had to say and it was at that moment that he had brought up Shigure those words made her blood run cold, she kept thinking back to everything that had happened between the two. How they had met under the guise of her not knowing who he was.

The fight on the first day of the exams and the way that he had beaten her she was sure that he wasn’t going to survive their encounter. But somehow he managed to persevere despite it all.

Her smile faded but she didn’t look towards Kazu she just kept her gaze focused forwards looking at the clouds but not looking at them. "Long and short of it, don’t let him touch you…I’ve fought him twice now and those hands of his are even deadlier than my own.” she’d turn her head towards him.

"I cracked his skull, how he’s still alive I don’t know…but I’ll get him next time.” her words was somewhat cold and detached her hatred of Konoha ran deep and it was evident in the way she spoke. As she spoke a fitting song would play over her speakers.

MOVMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

During Taki's training she learns that she has a significant amount of energy and after graduating to the rank of genin she began to learn how to properly make use of them under the tutelage of Midori Chizawa. As a result the girl is now able to perform a bevy of powerful techniques for longer periods of time without tiring as quickly as others.

With the rigorous training that Taki's now able to throw down with the best of them boasting monstrous strength fitting for her professional wrestling background, having combined that with the training she performed at the academy has now made her able to performs ridiculous feats such as being able to crush stones in her grip causing concussions and snap bones with her powerful strikes and holds. Taki has also increased the amount of weight she is able to lift by a massive margin in a way that makes her an even more fearsome taijutsu practitioner than before.

[Wrestling Genius]

As a result of her training, and advancements as a genin. Taki's grappling ability has increased even further making her wrestling based techniques far more difficult to deal with and escape from. As a result, her slams, holds, submissions and suplex's are far more damaging and harder to escape from then that of a genin who is not trained in these particular abilities.

[Sage Mode]

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body and overall Taijutsu prowess increase exponentially most notably her grip strength allowing her to take hold of someone with a painful amount of power amplifying her already proficient ability to grapple with an opponent making it significantly harder to be broken out of as well a deal a considerable amount of damage.

When transforming into Sage Mode Taki's body Taki is able to use nature energy to harness her powers in order to make her more physically imposing than normal adding to her natural affinities with Taijutsu allowing her move faster and hit harder heavy items thus adding a good amount of power and heft to her attacks allowing her to snap bones with much less effort and outpace a good majority of her enemies with her monstrous charge.

Due to the coarse strength of a gorilla's skin Taki is able to withstand a good amount of extra punishment allowing her to be able to withstand blows from most enemies that most shinobi wouldn't be able to normally withstand. As such blows from strong fighters are reduced by a considerable amount and when struck feel like colliding with a considerably immovable force.

200 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
last edit by Taki Okada on Apr 17, 2022 15:29:36 GMT -5
The Cold Shoulder [Taki]Apr 17, 2022 20:32:55 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Kazu listened to Taki's advice, most of it he already knew. He'd seen how good Shigure was in a close quarters fight, he wasn't planning on letting that happen to him. But to not even allow Shigure to touch him? That'd be difficult. "I know he's good in close-quarters, but not letting him touch me at all? That almost seems impossible." He explained before continuing. "I might be able to minimize how much he can touch me, but to not allow it at all doesn't seem plausible." He finished, finally taking note of the music blaring from Taki's headphones. It sounded strange to him, but he also didn't listen to music very often.

She seemed disappointed that she tied with him, but Kazu felt like getting a tie with him was definitely exceptional. "You did a lot of damage, to a worthy opponent at that. You might hate Konoha, but you have to admit some of their shinobi are definitely strong. Being on par with that at this point isn't a bad thing. Of course, you'll have to get stronger than them at some point if you want to fight them in a real fight. But for now, being on par is fine I think." Kazu finished, from what he had heard of Taki's reasoning it was understandable to hate the leaf. He would go back to staring at the clouds, wondering just how good he'd be against Shigure if they fought. 
The Cold Shoulder [Taki]Apr 17, 2022 22:29:50 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

As the two continued to talk he spoke as if it was impossible. "I never said it was easy I just said don’t let it happen.” she’d say letting her hands slide underneath the back of her head as she adjusted her hat. He spoke about them as if she should see them as equals. The girl would scoff.

"I guess…but it ain’t enough that I did damage he should be dead!” she’d pound her hand into the roofing shaking her hand from how hard she smashed it. "Damn…” she’d think on his words a bit more, maybe this journey of hers was going to be a lot harder.

"But maybe you’re right…if I’m gonna crush em all maybe I oughta work smarta not harda…” she’d say with a slight smirk. "I can count on you to help me right?” she’d say extending a fist out to the icy child.

Afterwards she’d then go back to staring at the clouds with him. "So…uhh what up with you and that girl I saw you getting sweet with in round 1.” she’d say smirking to him. "She’s cute you tryna tawlk to her?” the girl would let out a laugh, thought she did feel a small pit in her stomach thinking of her fractured relationship with Kasumi.

MOVMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

[Wrestling Genius]

[Sage Mode]

215 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
The Cold Shoulder [Taki]Apr 17, 2022 23:19:12 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Taki was right, it wouldn't be easy at all. These exams weren't for weak people. They were for people that were prepared for the exams. Asuna had made that clear with her second match. "Yea, it definitely won't be an easy fight."

Taki was understandably angry about her fight with Shigure still, Kazu had expected as much. She did mention that he might be right though, gaining a look of surprise from Kazu a bit. It wasn't that he didn't think Taki would never admit to being wrong about something, but when she talked about Konoha she seemed close-minded sometimes. "That's how I've been trying to win my fights. Thinking smarter than my opponent. I don't have to be stronger. I just have to be able to think faster than them. Win by revealing as little as I can about my techniques." He responded. His sensei's words had resonated with him before the exams started. 

As she extended her fist, he smiled before giving her a fist bump. Taki wasn't aware of Kazu's own reasons for giving people a fist bump, but that was okay. "Long as you're okay with having an ice box." He'd joke, smiling at the girl.

As she mentioned his opponent from the first fight, he blushed. Turning away to try to avoid Taki seeing, he gave himself time to compose himself. "It's not like that! My sensei said something similar too!" Masahiko would definitely like Taki, maybe they'd meet at some point. "I haven't really thought about any type of relationships though honestly. If I end up liking her then that's fine by me, but currently we barely know each other." He explained, Taru was cool but there was still so little that he knew about her. 

Another topic formed in Kazu's mind though, so he tried to change the subject a little bit. "Taki... Have you been nervous for your fights at all? I could understand if you weren't, you've got extreme amounts of strength you know? I know I was nervous, still am honestly." He wondered if she had been scared of failing. What was the reason she came to these exams exactly?
The Cold Shoulder [Taki]Apr 18, 2022 0:09:36 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

As the two of them stayed on the rooftop the girl would look to the boy as he took her fist bump. "Hey I’m gonna need some stone cold sons o bitches to take down that scum.” the girl would say fire in her voice as she went back to looking up at the clouds. When she made her next remarks however he’d notice the smile pn his face and the blush. "But you ain’t that tough if you’re blushin like dat Ice Box.” she’d say giving him a hard time, nudging him on the shoulder with a smile.

After a moment thought he’d ask another deep question about whether or not she was nervous. That question was rather simple. "Me…maybe a little but I can’t let that get to me…but I can’t lie about it eitha.” the girl would stare up at the clouds. "But if I let dat get unda my skin I’d neva get anything done, I’m Taki Okada can’t nobody top me! Dats just what I gotta tell myself” she’d say pointing to herself with a wide confident smile.

"Go on give it a try say it I’m…Ice Box and can’t nobody top me!” she’d stand up from her seat hoping he’d follow along. And while it seemed silly it was really what the girl did to get herself going.

MOVMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

[Wrestling Genius]

[Sage Mode]

229 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
The Cold Shoulder [Taki]Apr 18, 2022 12:36:35 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Kazu listened to Taki's words, really taking a moment to consider them. She'd need someone like Kazu if she was gonna take Konoha down. He could tell it was something the girl was passionate about. He hadn't really thought of Taki as an inspiring person, until now. Even while she was inspiring people though, she still joked around. He laughed a bit, "Gimme a break Taki! You and my sensei ganging up on me isn't fair!" He'd joke back, nudging her on the shoulder in return.

He got a little serious again before asking his next question, and her response was a little surprising. She was nervous too. Not as much as Kazu had been when the exams started, but to know she was nervous gave Kazu a bit of confidence. He was significantly less nervous now; he'd done everything he came here to do really. He just wanted to fight Shigure, that was the last thing he wanted to do here. "I don't think being nervous is a bad thing but learning how to handle it is a bit difficult." He'd say before listening to her next statement. Once again, she was inspiring. She motioned for Kazu to repeat her statement but with himself instead.

He stood up, following her lead. He took a deep breath, thinking of what his sensei would say if he saw him doing this. He'd be angry most likely, and that got a chuckle out of the Yuki boy. "I'm Kazu Yuki, and ain't NOBODY gonna beat me!" He'd shout, his statement had a little influence from Taki with the wording. That would've definitely got an angry look from his sensei. He stayed standing for a bit, a surreal feeling of confidence beginning to take root.
The Cold Shoulder [Taki]Apr 18, 2022 22:55:15 GMT -5
Taki Okada
Taki Okada Avatar
groupRock Shinobi

Taki "Bakudan" Okada

As the Ice Box stood up and shouted the girl would laugh to herself. "I can’t believe you actually did that, I was just kiddin doofus.’” she’d say smacking him on the back, with a stiff "But yeah let em know! You can never let anythin get unda ya skin but don’t be afraid to admit it eitha.” she’d rub his shoulder her brisk hand more than likely bruising his arms.

She’d snicker too him. "Yeah, you’d better afta dat display.” the girl would look down at the streets noting that no one had noticed them yet. "S’okay folks he’s just confident.” after a moment, she’d walk towards the edge of the roof and land on the ground heading off, looking back to him with a smile.

"Anyway yeah don’t you worry you got em.” But her expression would change to a deadly serious look. "But seriously…be careful, and neva be afraid to play dirty.” She’d put her headphones back onto her head and drop off the edge of the roof and disappear into the crowd, looking up at him with a wave.

The girl herself having a lot on her mind and still thinking on everything despite how much of a chuckle she got out of him, but the time for fun was over now it was back to business round 3 was tomorrow and she really needed to get herself put back in order.

MOVMENT TECHNIQUES:

OFFENSIVE TECHNIQUES:

SUMMARY

SA's:

House of Fire

[Wrestling Genius]

[Sage Mode]

242 WORDSSHORT NOTE
deltra of gangnam style
last edit by Taki Okada on Apr 19, 2022 11:31:46 GMT -5
The Cold Shoulder [Taki]Apr 19, 2022 20:36:53 GMT -5
Yuki Kazu
Yuki Kazu Avatar
groupSnow Shinobi
Taki commented that she couldn't believe he did it, to which the boy would smile. "I can be a little crazy sometimes too." In truth though, he wouldn't have even considered doing it before these exams. He'd changed a lot since they started. He was always confident, even before the Chuunin Exams. Just not vocally.

She'd continue, saying that he better not let anyone beat him after the display he just gave. He'd smirk, "Wouldn't say it if I didn't think I had a chance." She'd then address the confused crowd, mentioning that Kazu was just confident. She'd then walk off the roof, looking back at him as she prepared to leave.

She believed in Kazu, in his chance to win. Just like Lady Yuki and his sensei had believed in him. Still, she warned him to be careful and to not be afraid of playing dirty. Kazu didn't think he needed to play dirty, but he gave her a nod. Yoru's death had made it clear that there were some coldblooded killers in these exams. "You better win your fight too." He'd smile as he watched her disappear into the crowd. The final fight was tomorrow, and he felt more motivated than ever. He would win whatever fight he got, whether it was Shigure or not.
last edit by Yuki Kazu on Apr 19, 2022 20:37:03 GMT -5

quick reply

compose a reply