The Smallest of Things[O]Apr 22, 2022 16:08:56 GMT -5
Ryu
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Ryu Avatar
groupnull
age birthday rank occupation

[Word Count]: 295
OOC Note(s):N/A

Fatherhood was a change in which Ryu did not expect, but he had been understanding in the difference in which it presented within his life. While Midori had now left Iwagakure in which to stay within Takigakure, he was at least assured in the knowledge that they were safe. Though he had enough enemies to question that level of security, even within the walls of his own home. So isolation was the secondary option. Though he worried not when the child was with him, he would not allow harm to come to them, but when he was absent, that was when the thoughts came to him. What would occur when he was not present? Would Midori be prepared? A foolish question, and thoughts such as this would few within his mind.

Sitting within his place of quiet contemplation, his posture straight, eyes closed, he'd feel a weight present upon his back, allow his eyes to look upward to see the traces of red tinted hair. The small frame that touched his flesh, pressing against his back, laughing as though playful, loomed over him as the child would peek down to look upon the solemn face of the man that was his father.

"Did your mother not collect you boy?"

A shaking head would be his answer, allowing for the lord to close his eyes yet again, soon reaching upward as to pick the body off from his shoulder, holding him inches from his head before then placing him down opposite of him. With him releasing a soft breath, his meditation would resume, yet soon enough, he'd feel the prodding of fingers against his chest, leading him to return to the physical plane as the boy yet again beckoned for his attention.

"Be still..."

It seemed enough for the boy to stop bothering him, but as he closed his eyes once more, he'd hear the light thud as the boy seemed to have taking to his knees next to him. With small silence, there was the sound of soft breath, and as he allowed his gaze to look, he'd see the boy mimicking his posture, almost perfectly.

The sight was enough to make him befuddled, yet Ryu had seen stranger things. Still, a sensation within his chest felt as though it had been relieved. In this, he'd close his eyes as he spoke again, this time as though instructing.

"Breathe...take in your surroundings...be aware of everything...even the smallest of things..."

🐉 [IC COMBAT INFORMATION] 🐉

[Skills/Traits In-Usage]:
    [Items Worn[Passively]]:
      [Sennin Mōdō[Rotation]]:1
        [Techniques Executed]:

has written 220 posts
          The Smallest of Things[O]May 14, 2022 3:52:38 GMT -5
          Deleted
          Deleted Avatar
          groupnull

Peace Between All
          すべての間の平和

It had only been a measly week and a half since Midori and her family fully settled into Takigakure, this time for good and actually in the correct village - something that she had not been aware of the many times she visited before. They truly were on edge considering this was the first time that Midori had heard of any village hosting a mock version that even their own citizens didn’t know of, nevertheless she digressed. Having retired from her official position as sage, her time could now be spent raising her family and steadily trying to introduce calm and joy into the life of her companion.

Light hazel eyes watched her fiery haired son bother his father constantly. Seeing the bit of frustration growing on Ryu’s features only brought joy to Midori’s heart, a slight chuckle escaping her lips as she continued looking on. Part of her wanted to scoop Akaryu into her arms so that the Taki Lord could focus, but the more she watched on, the more she realized just how much the boy had grown and just how valuable this time was for the two of them. Her smile quickly faded into a more seldom expression, the realization dawning upon her that maybe perhaps everything that Blue had gone through during his younger years was due to the lack of a father figure being around.

As much as she prided herself on her parenthood and her loving nature, there was one fact that was known regardless of how much the woman hated it; it was practically impossible for her to raise a man.

A sigh broke from her lips as she walked down the path, possibly making herself known to Ryu, but ultimately moving quietly enough to not disturb her son who was embarking on his first encounter with nature’s energy. The retired sage would gently run her fingers across the side of Ryu’s neck before grabbing a seat next to him.

"You’re doing a great job.” She voiced in a hushed whisper as to not disturb him too much. "I can get him out of your hair if you want, but...” Peeking over the man, Midori would witness just how in tune Akaryu seemed. "He's just so into it.” She laughed.

word count ● @tag ● notes

[attr="class","cred"]MADE BY VEL OF WW + GS

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
          [newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
          last edit by Deleted on May 14, 2022 4:07:48 GMT -5
          has written 0 posts
          The Smallest of Things[O]May 17, 2022 20:06:36 GMT -5
          Ryu
          Ryu Avatar
          groupnull

@yamori2
          With Midori's presence now within the room, Ryu's eyes would open slightly as he watched the woman proceed further in. As she came around, she'd seat herself down at his side after her touch grazed his neck. Speaking in a hushed whisper, she'd make mention of his progress with the boy and then state how she could very well take him from there. The thought had crossed his mind on it being the best thing for himself, yet as she spoke of how at peace the boy seemed, his eyes would linger away from her only briefly, looking to the child as it appeared as though he had indeed come upon some understanding of just what he had told him.

"His posture could use improvement....but yes...he does..."

A breaking of character seemed to cause a brief moment of laughter to escape from him, only to allow it to stop the moment he realized the smile on his face, soon causing him to close his eyes as he released a low breath.

"When he was barely a collection of thoughts, I could sense his presence being akin to both of us...the strength within him...I question just what to make of it now....it's unnatural for a being outside of a beast to hold such a connection to nature...and yet...he is as attune to it as a sage..."

It was troubling...but perhaps it should not have been much of a surprise considering where his stock came from. In the end, perhaps it was best not to think on it.

"Are you adjusting to the manor? I know it is not as...comfortable as your home in Iwagakure...and the other one....he seems...what exactly was the word you spoke to describe that boy?"

She'd know he was referring to Konsho...though he at yet to think of him as little more than part of a pattern of changes that came with having Midori by his side. Along with his son. Though he would not say it, it did ease his mind knowing that they were safe here, rather than in the open within the mountains.

[Items Worn[Passively]]:
                [Techniques Executed]:

has written 220 posts
                  The Smallest of Things[O]Jun 6, 2022 14:59:58 GMT -5
                  Deleted
                  Deleted Avatar
                  groupnull

Peace Between All
                  すべての間の平和

Midori giggled at Ryu’s statement, pointing out that their child’s form could use some work despite him being at such a young age. Glancing at the red haired child for a moment, the woman’s eyes would return to Ryu, a smile on her face. "Well you’re right. He’ll get it soon enough.” The woman explained confidently, giving their child the benefit of the doubt. "I wonder how come he never meditates with me?” Midori had grown the bad habit of overthinking when it came to those around her, her children, her partner, and even her students…she thought about them all a lot. So it came as no surprise when then thought of Ryū being the favorite parent crept into the woman’s mind, despite the fact that she was the one who spent the most time with him.

She simply sighed before shaking the thoughts from her head.

"You are his father, so I’m not too surprised that he’s picked these things up at such an early age. It’s definitely uncanny however to say the least.” If Akaryu kept this up the chances of him surpassing both of his parents were extremely high, and Midori herself wasn’t too sure if she wanted her child to follow the same path that she and Ryū took themselves. It was a cold dangerous world, the woman couldn’t imagine handing him off to such a lifestyle.

The change from Iwagakure to Takigakure was definitely one to get used to, but Midori couldn’t complain. Placing a hand gently on the Lord’s shoulder, she would reassure that they were beyond comfortable and never felt as safe as before..even for Blue. "Blue, or Konsho. He’s different, I love him.” She said with a chuckle to lighten the mood.

"Give him a chance, I’m sure you’ll grow warm to him in no time. Though, I do wish that you…how do I put this..” Sighing gently, the former sage would run her hands through the length of her dark brown hair as she worked on the verbiage of her thoughts. "Hmm..help him get out of his shell. Build his confidence, you know. I just don’t want anyone to walk over him.” Because then they would have to answer to Midori, who wasn’t as nice as she once was - especially when it came to her family.

word count ● @tag ● notes

[attr="class","cred"]MADE BY VEL OF WW + GS

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
                  [newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
                  has written 0 posts
                  The Smallest of Things[O]Jun 11, 2022 9:59:16 GMT -5
                  Ryu
                  Ryu Avatar
                  groupnull

@yamori2
                  In reference to the boy's ability to meditate more so with him than with her, Ryu would shrug his shoulders calmly, closing his eyes as he could not help with allow a smirk to cross his lips at the notion that their child seemed to have found some common ground with him in his ability to behave when it was requested of him. Or perhaps, it was simply that he was just at peace by him. It was certainly something to look into and investigate, but he imagined it was more so just an situation of having a preference.

"I imagine that there are things in which he is more present that he does with you than he would with me..."

Though when it came to the knowledge of...he would not refer to the boy by a color, but...Konsho seemed to be in need of guidance, in which Midori wished to ask that he provide. It was a hard ask, considering what he knew of the young man and how he had seen him perform thus far did not fill him with much confidence in his drive. Still, he'd find himself opening his eyes, rising to his feet as he look toward the woman with a calm expression before nodding.

"I'd imagine if I do nothing, you will act in my stead...I will do what you ask...if only to prevent the need of you to do so....though it may be interesting to witness you in action..."

As he gently stroked her face with his hand, he'd then release a breath before placing his hands across his chest.

"Though what is it that you would expect of him? You were his teacher for some time...it is different from my own...and so are our methods in instruction...."

[Items Worn[Passively]]:
                        [Techniques Executed]:

has written 220 posts