So we meet again [Yakitsukeru]

compose a reply
So we meet again [Yakitsukeru]Apr 28, 2022 14:18:43 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
the price of freedom is steep
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"so we meet again".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

TRAINING PUNISHMENT

Shigure had finished the classes for the day and was sitting on his office, preparing the lesson for the following day when a pigeon came to his window carrying a message tied to its legs. "Uh?" the young Hyuuga stopped what he was doing and got up from his chair, grabbing the message and reading its content. Seemed like that special academy student and sage apprentice, Yakitsukeru. Seemed like she was in need of some help training, but there were also concerns about her discipline and that was the reason why they were requesting an academy instructor to personally tend to this particular training. Shigure couldn't help but to think this was an odd coincidence, for last year he ended up teaching the girl the substitution technique after a rocky encounter with her.

He remembered her attitude well and knew she was hard to deal with, but alas, it was his job as academy instructor to take in stride and deal with those troublemakers. Going back to his desk, he wrote a small note indicating that Yakitsukeru should show up at the academy training grounds at five p.m. today - which roughly have her two hours to get ready and show up - and meet up with him so they could get her training started.

Shigure then went back to his duties until it was half past four, time in which he got up, grabbed his tools and slowly walked towards the training grounds, arriving there a quarter before five. He casually had his hands in his pockets and strolled to the centre of the training grounds. She still had like fifteen minutes to show up, so he wasn't too concerned. In case she didn't show up, he would probably get someone to fetch her, since this training was not really a choice for the girl.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Training
Academy Training Grounds
[]
[308 words]
Ren has written 1,690 posts
So we meet again [Yakitsukeru]May 2, 2022 11:35:28 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
I do not wish to be called pretty anymore, I plan to make life beg me for forgivenesss instead.
Tateyama Yakitsukeru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday April 9th rank Genin occupation Sage Apprentice

An interuption to her studying was all this would end up being. Even if she found it useful that meant nothing to her when it came to having to beat to some randomn jerk's drums. For someone who was as centralized on their own person and doing as they preferred, having to do training under someone else's command was at best annoying. Close in on the time in which the weighed down and dishoveled girl would thud her way into the courtyard.

This did not improve when she saw the moron that she was going to be forcved to train with this evening. A recognizable face, though he seemed like he had aged in an unflattering manner... something about his face splayed a look of tiredness. Yaki did not care enough to try and figure it out, glancing the young instructor up and down and appreciating that he was at least a fit instructor. Fit didn't mean intelligent to... her fuinjutsu teacher made that much VERY readily apparent.

Ah, that's right. She had had the distasteful misfortune of being taught by this jerk in particular before... Shigure was it? Yaktsukeru really didn't have much of a care for this jerk, but she had to be curtious enough so she could get out of here at least a little faster. Letting out a loud sigh she would uncaringly wave, "Another remedial lessson, another wassste of ssstudy time. Evening Shigure-Sssan."
TAGGED |
NOTES | Here
MUSE | Sealing You In Sound

Wisp has written 291 posts
So we meet again [Yakitsukeru]May 3, 2022 14:51:06 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"so we meet again".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

TRAINING

On the bright side, Yakitsukeru showed up on time. On the down side? Her attitude was as bad as the first time they met, even though she was trying to be a bit more polite. Shigure smiled to her, but not his normal kind, friendly smile; instead it was a more formal one. "Welcome, Yakitsukeru-san. I'm happy you made it in time. Our lesson is going to be a bit long, but please bear it with me." he started, waking towards the girl and giving her a quick bow, nothing too formal. He folded his arms and looked at the girl more properly now. She did look a little more like a shinobi now, but still had that disinterested look on her face, so he wondered if she would accomplish much of anything in life. "Well... Too soon to tell." he thought to himself.

"So, we will be training combat today. Don't worry, I will not actually harm you. But we need to make sure your Taijutsu is at a decent enough level before considering a promotion to Genin. Sounds good?" he asked her, even though this was not necessarily a question, for the nature of her training wasn't really up for discussion. "Let's start by stretching up a bit. You know your body better than anyone else, so choose your preferred method to do so." he added.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Training
Academy Training Grounds
[]
[230 words]
So we meet again [Yakitsukeru]May 3, 2022 23:05:04 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
I do not wish to be called pretty anymore, I plan to make life beg me for forgivenesss instead.
groupLeaf Shinobi

Honestly, it could be worse, but to someone who was already more than done with the day she was more than willing to give the boy a look that read something between unamused and 'oh really'. Sighing as she tilted her head she would begin to stretch out her arms, moving her arms at shoulder level so that she could stretch her shoulders before beginning to warm up her legs as well by shaking out her ankles. Moving to do something close enough to toe touches and then moving to stretch her quadriceps.

All the while she quietly held her gause onto Shigure, "Do me a favor will you? Thisss biasssed continuation on outing me asss the villian in the academy isss getting dry with me and I could really use a good hit on sssomething. If you would be ssso kind, I'd like to get a free hit in before we actually ssstart. I'll even ssshut up on the complaintsss for the evening."

It was a joke of course, not meant to be taken seriously and the sarcasm in the last bit should have made that obvious except her expression was anything but joking and gave the signal that there was some level of earnest questioning to the whole four sentences that Shigure had so far drawn out of her. She was at least cooperating with the Hyuuga as of the moment.
TAGGED |
NOTES | Here

So we meet again [Yakitsukeru]May 4, 2022 7:37:15 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"so we meet again".

NOTHING IS FREE

Shigure just waited, arms folded, as the girl did her stretching and warming up. When she was done, she spoke again. That tone of hers was never changing, wasn't it? She was always somewhat brash and unpleasant, but he didn't mind it much; it was very hard to get on Shigure's nerves, it usually took killing someone he loved to get him to lose his composure. He chuckled at her request and shook his head. "Well, Yakitsukeru-san, nothing in this world is free, so take this as an extra lesson. You are, of course, invited to attempt to hit me. Now, if you are going to be able to or not, it depends solely on you, doesn't it?" he said, as he unfolded his arms and rested them on his waist, taking a few steps towards the girl.

"As tempting as your offer may be, I need to stick to my training guidelines. Now... If you are ready, how about I at least let you take the initiative?" he offered, not even bothering with falling into his combat stance. Shigure seemed extremely relaxed, his Byakugan was not even activated yet. He looked almost open for a hit, almost as if his body was actually inviting her to do as much.

That, however, did not fully reflect reality, for he was alert and ready to act, and he was wondering if she would commit the mistake of trying with reckless abandon. If she did, the lesson would start the hard way.

Training
Seemingly open to an attack
[]
[256 words]
So we meet again [Yakitsukeru]May 4, 2022 10:55:23 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
groupLeaf Shinobi

If he wanted to get hit that badly then the girl could only reply in kind. Though she would click her tongue in frustration at his polite decline of the deal that she had put in front of him for the free hit. It looked like she couldn't injure him that simply yet. She wouldn't be stopped from trying though as she formed a single handseal and began to run at Shigure in a wide arc to pick up speed in while her haori's weight was relieved from her body which she was at least properly trying to sprint with.

Suddenly pivoting and leaping up into the air she would begin to spin into a heel kick towards Shigure, forming a handseal in the moment her back was turned to tranfer the added three hundred pounds of her haori into the decent momentum she was managing. The kick if blocked more casually would be far heavier than what it should of been on a regular heel kick. There was definitely a trick, she hadn't fully tried to hide it. Instead she had circled the boy and then struck when she was ready, like a snake encircling her prey.
TAGGED |
NOTES | Here

So we meet again [Yakitsukeru]May 4, 2022 13:53:27 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"so we meet again".

TO CLOSE FOR COMFORT

And so it started. The girl formed one single hand seal and then began charging at Shigure in a wide arc, picking up some speed. "Hand seal? Can she use any jutsu other than the basic academy ones?" he wondered, but he saw nothing happening. Of course he could've checked it more thoroughly with his Byakugan, but he feel the need to use it yet; he was confident whatever she planned to use against him wouldn't be something he couldn't handle. She was quite fast for an academy student though, he had to give her that, so it meant she was indeed training and progressing.

Shigure remained stationary, just turning his body and face as he followed her trajectory until she suddenly pivoted and leaped into the air, aiming a heel kick towards the Hyuuga. He smirked with the corner of his mouth and waited for the optimal time to react to her attack. For someone like Shigure, her attack was very obvious, she lacked finesse in her body movements, but showed potential to grow a lot if given proper direction. However, she did surprise him a bit after forming the same hand seal from before, which added speed to her descent and prompted one of his brows to arch.

He almost lost the timing because of that, and the feet grazed by his shoulder before his body could completely move out of the way and he felt the weight of it. When her feet slammed the ground, it left a tiny crack, and her movements seemed to have dulled a bit. "Are you using a weight seal?" he asked, mildly amused by how quirky she had become since the last time they met. He didn't look annoyed at all, rather it was a positive surprise.

Yakitsukeru wasn't someone to be underestimated after all.

Training
Barely dodges kick
[]
[309 words]
So we meet again [Yakitsukeru]May 6, 2022 11:35:22 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
groupLeaf Shinobi

She missed, but that was fine. Cracking her neck first she would turn her head around to face Shigure with a disinterested expression written all over it. Having a look at his condition since she had managed to graze him ever so slightly. She had been hoping that the chunin would underestimate the weight behind her attack and simply take it head on, but that wasn't what ended up being the case. Sighing she would smirk, "Isssn't it redundant to asssk a quessstion you already have the anssswer to?"

Turning on her heel, Yakitsukeru would dash forward slower at first this time due to her weight. Forming another seal and she would once again speed up this time coming head on towards the boy who she was fighting. A quick hop again to attack the boy frontally with a knee strike. A palm heading for him, but it was not actually the hand once Shigure would glance, but rather the lithe form of one of Yaki's larger grass snakes. They were non-venomous and mostly harmless creatures that fed on mice and insects, but here it was opening its jaws to lash out at the boy. Yaki looked as surprised by it as Shigure might have as she was attempting a simultaneous palm strike... sloppy though it was.
TAGGED |
NOTES | Here

So we meet again [Yakitsukeru]May 6, 2022 14:49:31 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"so we meet again".

RESOURCEFUL

Now that sass was almost Yakitsukeru's trademark. He wondered why such a young girl was so jaded and bitter, but she was not the type to open up and talk about her feelings, especially with someone she barely knew such as Shigure. "And you just confirmed it. I'm not using my doujutsu, so I couldn't know for sure. I want to give you a fighting chance, ya know?" he said with a friendly smirk on his face as she came charging towards him once more, having her boost in speed as she released the weight seal from her clothing. "I see, clever. Using the weight training to have burst of increased speed. In a way, not much different from what've been doing." he thought to himself, chuckling lightly.

She hopped, aiming for a frontal knee strike on Shigure, but an attack like that was extremely easy for the Chuunin to avoid: with his sharp reflexes and his movement speed, he was also developing a naturally enhanced agility, which allowed him to move with grace, almost as if his body could just do whatever it pleased without much effort. With the back step, her avoided the knee strike, but this was not all, she was coming for a palm strike, and he was also ready to dodge it, but surprisingly, a snake came from her sleeve, aiming to bite the Hyuuga. "Oh?!" he exclaimed, amused by the technique; there was no way he could know it happened by chance.

He still managed to dodge with his agile movements, just enough so he would avoid impact both times and then he dashed forward in a quick attempt to hit her with a palm strike to her solar plexus while she was still midair. His goal was to get her out of breathe and on the ground, but he was using just his physical strength and not the chakra used for the gentle fist; he didn't want to cause internal damage on the girl. "You are resourceful, Yakitsukeru-san. I wonder why they recommended you for this training, because you are already displaying the level of a Genin." he complimented her as he attacked.

Training
Dodged both attacks, countered with a palm strike to the solar plexus
[]
[371 words]
So we meet again [Yakitsukeru]May 6, 2022 21:57:49 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yaki was caught for her risky attempts at attacking. It had happeneded in a flash and it was one of the more painful blows that she could have taken getting the wind knocked out of her and pushing her back just a few feet from the boy. Landing on her feet and hitting her knees in a croach as she caught herself from stumbling onto her back. As she steadied her breathing she would listen to Shigure compliment her and then she would grimace.

Ignorance. Sheer and truly blind ignorance. Standing she her face her fully angered eyes would flood her face with something close to restrained contempt. Like it was not for Shigure, but he had struck a very raw nerve for the girl. Readying herself back into her weighted form with a handseal she would hiss out a responce, "Even if I am ssskilled, that doesssn't mean I am favored amongssst the ilk here. Ssscapegoatsss are common in the academy Shigure-Sssan, in cassse you have yet to notice like that moron fuinjutsssu inssstructor Kojirou. Yoursss truly hasss been the go to for my whole time in the academy. Even if I have earned a degree of punishment, often I am the only one. You want the blunt truth that isss why."

Rushing forward again in her weighted form she would strike upwards with a palm towards Shigure's sternum. Her other hand aiming to deflect whatever initial blow she was going to recieve as she a was hoping to utilize the weight of her haori to keep herself close to and at war with Shigure with some ease. Assuming her initial attack was deflected another would come for her other hand aiming to strike the boy lower towards the groin.
TAGGED |
NOTES | Here

So we meet again [Yakitsukeru]May 6, 2022 22:17:55 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"so we meet again".

AGILITY

His attack knocked the wind out of her chest and she struggled not to fall on the ground. Still, as she recovered, her eyes managed to look even edgier. It was like she had this unbound bitterness inside of her, and everything in the world, from a breeze of wind to a leaf falling from a tree were enough to push her off the edge. "Maybe her life was shittier than mine, who knows..." he thought to himself, feeling a bit bad for the girl, but nothing crazy; Shigure had his share of struggled, and he still believed you could give your day the colour you wanted.

He heard her words and he sighed. "To be honest, this is my first month as an instructor, so there's much I still don't know about the rest of the staff. But if they are treating you unfairly or being biased towards you, I will get to the root of it. This is not how we should proceed here." he said. He wasn't doing this solely for her sake, but he couldn't stand injustice in a place where people were supposed to be learning how to be a good shinobi, and that went beyond just their skill as a ninja; it involved their moral code and behaviour as well.

With that being said, the girl seemed ready to charge against Shigure again and he was ready. Seemed like this time she was leaving the weight on the haori, and although it would help her not fly away if hit, it would also make her tire faster and slow down her attacks, which made them easier for Shigure to deal with. Using his sharp reflexes, and the developing agility of his body, he dodged her attack to his sternum. Her pause indicated she was likely expecting a counter, but that never came, and so the girl attacked again, aiming at his groin. "Low blow!" he warned her as he lifted his knee with grace to intercept her attack.

And now the counter would come. After blocking the attack, his body would move, agile as a cat, dropping lower so that he could sweep her feet using his other leg. With that weighted clothing, avoiding a sweep would be harder, and if she did fall, she would have a bit more trouble getting up, unless she lifted the weight. Still, he was ready for both reactions, for if she removed the weight to avoid the sweep, he would follow up with an attack with the knife of his hand, aiming at the girl's shoulder.

Training
Dodged 1st attack, blocked 2nd, countered with a sweep, potentially following up with a karate chop
[]
[444 words]
So we meet again [Yakitsukeru]May 6, 2022 23:02:16 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yet again she was being put on the backfoot, but she wasn't completely helpless as Shigure dropped as he had not immediately forced her off balance Yakitsu made the smartest move that she could, she moved inwards. Attempting to rather crudely force the leg sweep to a stop by making contact with the uppermost portion of her leg, stamping herself in place. Which put the both of them, assuming this worked, in an awkward position to be in, as Yaki would have no way to get further momentum into her strikes and Shigure would be left on one leg with the other extended.

If shigure was not so caught off balance she would have put herself off balance in the process of stopping the sweep, getting caught up in the karate chop to her shoulder which would be intensified by the weight that was still unnatural to her body. Dropping to a knee in the process, and raising a hand as if to call a surrender as she wheezed a quiet sigh of pain from the strike. That one had really really hurt.

"Do we really have to continue thisss sssparing Shigure-Sssan? It isss obviousss of where the outcome liesss. Even if I know I will improve from thisss, it... can we jussst not. Thisss ssseemsss idiotic asss I am currently ssstill." the girl would hiss seemingly dismayed at the moment as the anger quelled back into her head. Now looking simply gloomy.
TAGGED |
NOTES | Here

So we meet again [Yakitsukeru]May 7, 2022 9:32:12 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"so we meet again".

A STOP?

He couldn't claim she wasn't trying, because she was making him have to take this little sparring a tad bit more seriously, as she almost pinned down his leg if he wasn't for his reflexes, she would've been successful. But luckily for the Chuunin, he was not only a taijutsu specialist, but a speed based one, boasting not only reflexes, but now movement speed and an increasing agility he had been working on for a while now. So, instead of him being in a tough spot, it was Yakitsukeru who lost her balance, and got caught by his karete chop, dropping to one of her knees. She surrendered after that and wheezed. He held back enough on his attacks, but they would obviously still hurt.

The girl, not surprisingly, complained about continuing the training, for the outcome was obvious. But well, that wasn't the point of training. Win or lose didn't matter, what matter was learning from your mistakes and shortcomings and grow from it. Still, he didn't want to insist too much, for she had proven her mettle.

"You fail to see the bigger picture, but you are inexperienced, so it's fair that you will feel that way. Training is not about winning or losing, it's about noticing your shortcomings and forcing yourself to overcome them through trial and error. These are not things you can learn from theory only." his tone was rather serious, but then he shrugged. "Still... You've proven yourself, your level of taijutsu is enough for your level, so I'm satisfied." he said, wondering what he would have to say to that.

Training
Sparring ended
[]
[269 words]
So we meet again [Yakitsukeru]May 7, 2022 17:33:35 GMT -5
Tateyama Yakitsukeru
groupLeaf Shinobi

Yakitsu would give Shigurea more blank but disdainful look. Like she was stupified that he didn't catch onto what she actually meant on the matter. She still wasn't moving from the place she was and she really couldn't at the moment, but she was hoping that Shigure would take notice and walk away so she could get back on the move home again... maybe. Her body felt like someone had dropped a house on her back and it was only getting heavier. Even if she turned the weight off she doubted she would be getting back to her ratty little home before the sun set even though she lived rather close to the academy.

Shigure had been the remedial teacher, sure, but he hadn't also seen the insane exercise regimine that she had to endure under her weight for the entirety of the day today. She had basically been excercising while weighed down since she woke up that morning. So she was trying to skirt him away with prettier words thinking Shigure smart enough to see past the talking, "I think you are failing to sssee the big picture, I can't move moron. 'Training isss not about winning or losing, it's about noticing your shortcomingsss and forcing yourssself to overcome them through trial and error' right? Well here isss my error, my body hasss given out completely."

Yakitsu would sigh, "Again the outcome isss obviousss. Thisss isss idiotic asss I am right now."
TAGGED |
NOTES | Here

So we meet again [Yakitsukeru]May 7, 2022 17:44:39 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
header
"so we meet again".

PIGGYBACK

She was truly hopeless, and that mouth of hers needed to learn when to remain shut, but he wouldn't be wasting his time trying to correct her manners. "She wouldn't survive a day with my father..." he thought to himself, remembering how hard Urashi was at the minimum sight of disrespect. Still, he had a duty to try and educate her, even if he had given up on trying to get her to understand the bare minimum of etiquette. "Well, and who's at fault for that? You should know your body, listen to the signs. If you are running low, don't take the offensive. Instead, save your energy and try to lure your enemy to you, make them play your game. Yes, your level of skill is good for your rank, and you can pass as a fresh Genin, but this is just the first step." he said, shaking his head.

In any case, since she couldn't really move, he sighed and kneeled, offering his back to the girl, and adjusting his hands. It was clear he was offering to piggyback her home. "Come on now. I will give you a pass for this training, so the academy should be satisfied. I will also drop you home, since you can't move, and I have some food sealed in a scroll. I will unseal it once we are there. You need to have proper nourishment so your body can recover from training, especially after reaching a point where you can't even move." he said, his tone not as friendly as usual since he was a bit annoyed, but still far from unkind.

Ultimately, he also benefited from this training, it was yet another way to test the current limits of his agility and see where he could still further improve.

Training
Offering to take her home
[]
[303 words]