Bring Your Work To Kids Day

compose a reply
Bring Your Work To Kids DayJun 17, 2022 23:37:38 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 14 years old birthday 7/9 rank Chuunin occupation Jinchuuriki

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
Academy Student Extraordinaire!
| 244 | notes

Miroru wasn't the sort to turn down any chance to learn something new!

Even if she wasn't entirely sure it was planned to be a lesson.

So when the redhaired student caught wind that one of the medics was going to be stopping by the school after classes, she immediately cancelled all her plans. No Justice Scout patrols, no carefully crafted personal regimens to practice her jutsus in the most entertaining fashion she could think up, not even a trip home for her afternoon snack. This was a semi-quasi-almost-official reconnaissance mission!

So it was that she was creeping around outside the school building, listening at each of the windows, hunting down hints on just which room the medic visitor was going to be in. Was it going to be one of the classrooms? Maybe the auditorium or the gymnasium? She wasn't at all sure, but she planned to snoop until she had her answer!

Was it entirely possible that the medic was coming to the school for a scheduled visit to talk about medic things with any interested students? Very much so!

Was it likely to actually be at all clandestine? Not in the slightest!

Did either of those facts stop Miroru from doing her best In The Field ninja impression?

Not a chance.

"Just don't give up on me! We can figure this out!"

Template by: Monkey
Threnody has written 1,180 posts
Bring Your Work To Kids DayJun 18, 2022 8:02:10 GMT -5
Senju Miho
The Next Chapter.....No Spoilers Please
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday April 21st rank SP. Jounin occupation Medical Corps Head
"Um...excuse me?"

Moment Music

A voice would speak to the young girl with a calm expression, holding what looked to be a stroller and also two small infants resting within the carriage-like wagon. The two would seem to be in deep slumber, having managed to be settled into one in spending the day with their mother out within the world outside of their home at the compound. In truth, it was a bit of a surprise to have them out like this, but Miho was indeed trying to expose them to more of their surroundings outside and into the village as much as possible.

There was also the fact that she had been asked to come out to the academy as a bit of an instructor that day, giving some feedback into many of the programs that were established with young students that wished to become Medical operatives upon their graduation.

it was far more optional than when she was a student, but then the world was an ever changing place.

"I can only imagine that you are looking for someone?"

It was a bit strange to have the girl peeking in on conversations within, rather than approach them from inside of the building. But then, she could easily have been avoiding the rooms completely in an attempt to skip class. To which, she imagined her instructor would likely be upset upon learning of her eavesdropping.

Still, she was doing her best to remain neutral as she was a guest here. Rising up from her seat, she'd place her hands down upon the stroller, checking in on the twins before she'd begin to move them a bit forward as she could allow herself more room.

-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-

Adept Medical Training
Since her return to Konohagakure, Miho has taken upon a new role within the village and has done her best to live up to the example set by her former teacher. With nearly over three years of medical training, Miho has become a capable physician within the village, adapting to the path of helping to create a healthy and safe village. This knowledge allows for her to use many medical ninjutsu and techniques effectively that can save lives on and off the battle field, and it only appears that she has scratched the surface of just what she can do in the future. In some causes, she can come up with various versions of these jutsus, improving upon them to make them just as effective when on the field.

TAGS:
WORDS:
NOTES:
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Kaze has written 1,299 posts
Bring Your Work To Kids DayJun 18, 2022 17:30:38 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
@name | ### | notes

"WAAAAAAA! Our cover's blown, people, I'm compromised! Terminate the mission! EVERY GIRL FOR HERSELF!"

Miroru brought her hands together and blitzed through nearly a half dozen hand seals in short order, putting to good use the practice on seal speed that she and Shigure had been working on as she erupted in a poof of smoke, replaced by a totally inconspicuous wheelbarrow. A few yards back, where she'd seen the wheelbarrow in the window's reflection, a shock of very familiar red hair peeked over a stack of bags of mulch, popping upright as she realized that the compromising agent didn't seem to be aligned with The Enemy at all!

"... AHAHAHA!" Miroru laughed nervously as she straightened up, mind racing to come up with an explanation, any explanation, for what just happened. "Hello! Sorry, you startled me! I've been out here doing secret... yardwork..! And I wasn't expecting anyone to notice me! Well done, you're very sharp!" She proclaimed, slowly returning from her escape route.

"Babies... unfamiliar face... wait, are you the visiting medic I heard was gonna be here today?! I was looking for you!"

... didn't she JUST claim she was doing secret yardwork?

Bring Your Work To Kids DayJun 19, 2022 22:34:47 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 21 years old birthday April 21st rank SP. Jounin occupation Medical Corps Head
"Oh?"

Looking over as the girl seemed to change her position with that of a wheel barrel, Miho would blink for a moment before the girl seemed to grow a bit more comfortable, speaking of how she was apparently doing secret yardwork. Which would be admirable if true, though the older female had her doubts. Her origins clearly displayed well enough of her Clan, but she didn't exactly know her name. Which was not a surprise, but she imagined that she might have seen the child more than once within the village, but never officially met.

In the end, it seemed that Miho had earned some credit in being able to notice her in her less than stealthy acts, granting her praise as Miho would rub the back of her neck while looking toward the twins.

"I would hope so..."

With a smile, the young student would note the babies at her side, seeming to guess at her unfamiliarity at the Academy meaning she was a guest and perhaps even the speaker that was coming today. To which, if she were, then she was indeed the one she was looking for.

"I am...that was a very good estimation..My name is Senju Miho...I'm actually the Head medic at the hospital...are you interested in becoming a trainee?"

-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-

Adept Medical Training
Since her return to Konohagakure, Miho has taken upon a new role within the village and has done her best to live up to the example set by her former teacher. With nearly over three years of medical training, Miho has become a capable physician within the village, adapting to the path of helping to create a healthy and safe village. This knowledge allows for her to use many medical ninjutsu and techniques effectively that can save lives on and off the battle field, and it only appears that she has scratched the surface of just what she can do in the future. In some causes, she can come up with various versions of these jutsus, improving upon them to make them just as effective when on the field.

TAGS:
WORDS:
NOTES:
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Bring Your Work To Kids DayJun 19, 2022 23:32:55 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
| 243 | notes

"So would I! It's important for parents to be canny to such wily tricks as us kids can get up to! I know it's been a long time since you've been a kid, ma'am- but it'll serve you well to pay attention to the sort of craziness we can get up to, before your little ones get up to these tricks themselves! They'll need a proper challenge to develop into respectable Shinobi like you and me!"

In truth, Miho was, of course, only 18, but to a 12 year old, that seemed super mature! Plus she had kids! Moms were all like- thirties!

"Whoa! You're the full-blown head medic? That's awesome! And I dunno! I'm interested in all sorts of things! I like Taijutsu kung fu stuff, and Bukijutsu sword stuff like Ichi-kun does with their bat, and Fuuinjutsu like Roro-chan does, and maybe medical stuff is up my alley! I'm still on the prowl for my specialization while I wait for my Tomoe to come in like my cousin Tokaku-chan's!"

She scooted closer and clambered shamelessly through the window, crouching to wiggle her fingers at the sleeping babies, lowering her voice a little. "So what does it take to be the Head Medic of the legendary Konoha Hospital, hm~? Chakra for days? Secret mednin techniques? Tons of multivitamin shurikens?!"

Bring Your Work To Kids DayJun 20, 2022 16:39:23 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
"I'm sorry...would you please repeat that first sentence again? Not sure I heard you correctly..."

Narrowing her eyes at the sly comment in relation to her age, she'd cross her arms over her chest as the girl managed to pull herself through the window, realizing the sharp shutting of it as Miho simply snapped her fingertips in it's direction, prompting a small crack in the glass from the very force that propelled it to do so.

Of course, it seemed that the girl with a variety of interests, was at the very least willing to listen in just what she might need to know in order to become a Medic. In relation to any position, you needed to understand the layers of your profession to the point that it was ingrained into your being. It wasn't as though you simply were an expert in everything, you simply needed to have the dedication in which to strive and continue to work at it. It was the same with being a medical operative.

"I would say the first thing might be to consider how you feel with the idea of responsibility? Also if you are willing to study the field...that goes with just about any style or profession you choose...chakra rarely has anything to do with it...only your control and efficiency...techniques...secret or not...can only be achieved with knowledge..."

A smirk cross her face as she noticed the girl gently teasing the sleeping babes, prompting her to release a breath.

"It also helps to be good with people...young and old..."

-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-

Adept Medical Training

TAGS:
WORDS:
NOTES:
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Bring Your Work To Kids DayJun 20, 2022 17:02:28 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
| 322 | notes

https://c.tenor.com/16PB8pRnUNIAAAAd/misaka-mikoto-railgun-t.gif

"Th-that first sentence?"
OH CRAP. THE MOM GLARE. WHAT DID I SAY WRONG.

"You mean- th-that it's important to know the tricks us kids get up to..?"
That WAS the first sentence- the first real one, anyhow- but that look only arose three times in her own household. When someone said a bad word in front of Mom- when someone made a joke about Mom's cooking- or when someone made a joke about her age! But she hadn't said anything bad! Senju-sama had kids! So she had to be at least like thirty, right!?

Miroru squawked as the window slammed shut behind, shooting straight upright as the snappy sound shot through her ears.

"Responsibility? I'm great with responsibility! Me and my friends took responsibility for the village's safety! We're the Justice Scout patrol! Surely you've heard of us!" And she might have- they were minor nuisances, but also did chores for the shops in town for spending money, and pulled pranks on anyone that picked on the Academy students. They also had declared Ibuki, Old Lady Kaze's escape artist of a chicken, as their arch nemesis and were constantly trying to capture him before the genin in town could.

To date, those efforts remained unsuccessful.

"Oh. Control and efficiency? I'm working on that stuff with Hyuuga-sensei. He says I'm a quick learner, and I don't get tired as fast as most kids, so maybe I'm good at that control stuff!"

Spoilers: she wasn't. She just had a lot of chakra to play with.

"Good with people? I'm great with people! Everyone's always smiling, or groaning, which is like second place to a smile, when I'm around! But knowledge, you say... like knowing what direction to reattach an arm or stuff like that?"

Bring Your Work To Kids DayJun 20, 2022 17:46:16 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
"Hmmm..."

Miho would keep her brow raised as she continued to examine the girl as she stumbled a bit. Sometimes, it was good to at least make the younger ones cautious of their words. Or at least reflective of them. If she were honest, she certainly didn't have as much filter control as this girl did when she was at the academy. Of course, that was apparently a long time ago....

In the end, it appeared that the young student did feel like she had those things in which Miho had listed. Even going so far as to list them.

Her friends and her had begun a bit of a league that worked toward righting small wrongs within the village in their own way, as well as aiding those in need. She had not heard of the group, but many of their exploits had been witnessed and she had examined some of their handy work within the hospital. Amidst their chaotic nature, they were a good group of kids. It was likely while no one really minded them and their antics.

As for control, she would have to ask her instructor. Shigure would be modest of course, but she imagined that she'd have to see it for herself to fully grasp it. But she was at the very least confident in that department and her ability to work with people.

Then came knowledge, which in truth, was perhaps the most humbling of questions....

When she asked for clarification, even going so far as to give some examples, Miho would laugh lightly as she then began to reach into her pouch and draw out some cloth.

"Here...I want you try something..."

In handing her the bandage cloth, she'd then extend her arm out as she'd speak again while lowering herself down a bit so it was easier to reach.

"I want you wrap my arm...and I'll guide you through it...sound good?"

There was time before any of the other possible students arrived, whom were mostly Genin and trainees with their minds already made it. But honestly, this seemed more important to her in truth as lectures could tend to drag and she didn't like to talk as much as people might assume considering her position.
Especially about her job...as much as she loved it...
-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-

Adept Medical Training

TAGS:
WORDS:
NOTES:
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Bring Your Work To Kids DayJun 20, 2022 18:20:05 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
| 236 | notes

"Eheheh~" Miroru chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of her head and hoping they could move to a different topic! If she wanted to keep Miroru on her toes- mission accomplished!

"Wrap your arm, huh? Okay. I can- wait."

The redhead paused and held up a finger. "It's important to know the details before attempting medical treatment! You don't want to move someone that fell on their neck or head, for instance! Am I wrapping your arm to bandage a bleeding wound, or to hold an ice pack in place, or is it for fashion, like with Hyuuga-sensei? I gotta know what sort of harm has befallen you before I know the right way to wrap your arm!"

It wasn't any of it actual medical knowledge, it was just common sense instilled in kids that tended to fall off of things. Miroru was showing that her chaotic mind did have a habit of bouncing into the right answers by sheer virtue of hyperactivity, though. When you think ABOUT everything, you tend to think OF everything! And while she waits to hear the answer, she unwinds the bandage to get ready, doing her best not to waste time. She really did want to make a good impression, whether she opted to pursue medicine or not!

Bring Your Work To Kids DayJun 20, 2022 18:59:02 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
"Is that your answer?"

Miho would look at the girl sternly for a moment, but a smile would return to her face with a nod.

"Those are very good questions....and it's important that any time you find yourself in a situation that requires medical attention that you do know exactly where and how much to perform upon someone who is injured..."

It was funny how despite her most outlandish examples in terms of bandage uses, she was able to identify the flaw in her statement quickly. Miho had not told her how much treatment she needed, nor exactly how she was to perform it in order to complete the task. These things were often easily missed, and in a situation where time was everything, it was still important to take what seconds you had to examine the problem and make good choices in how to solve it. More often than not, this was the flaw in field medics acting too quickly in hopes of saving a teammate, only to cause more harm than good.

"You only need to wrap up to my forearm...think it as though you are dealing with a sprain. You want to give support, but also not cut off circulation..."
-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-

Adept Medical Training

TAGS:
WORDS:
NOTES:
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Bring Your Work To Kids DayJun 20, 2022 19:11:00 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
| 226 | notes

Miroru lit up to hear she'd done a good job, clearly thriving off the praise in a bright, sincere fashion. "Thank you! I try to make sure I find all the angles. Usually all the obvious angles get taken by people that're stronger'n me, or faster'n me, or smarter'n me, so I try to just be thorough and clever. Sometimes it even works out!"

"Hm. Forearm sprain..." She started to unravel the bandage, and paused, glancing up. "I'm gonna unwind the whole thing so we don't have to cut it! I just wanna call that out ahead of time." She unwound the bandage unless otherwise directed, and folded it in half, looping it at the half-way point around her wrist, and winding it in crossing passes down her arm, finishing just under her elbow and knotting it on the outside, next to the joint. "I think that should stay. It shouldn't slide down from the list since it tapers outwards, and narrows again at the arm muscle so. I think that should work?"

She was pretty sure it was a good call, but she was aware as always of what could go wrong, and she sincerely valued hearing about things she could improve!

Bring Your Work To Kids DayJun 20, 2022 19:56:19 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
"Okay..."

The woman would remain silent as the girl worked, listening to her speak of her actions and then seeing the follow through to the results. While she may have had some lack of confidence, she clearly had at least some understand of basic medical techniques. Especially in using what she had to help in securing the injury and making sure that it did remain in position. More so than that, she attempted to make a cushion for the injury as well.

In finishing up, she'd seemed to question if she was done, prompting Miho to raise her brow with a smirk before examining the work of the academy student. There were some small matters, but it was overall a well done procedure.

"You did well...I can see only a few mistakes...such as the binding still being a bit loose, along with some discomfort within the position, but overall I'd say the patient will indeed not need am arm replacement...though might have some minor discomfort...."

As she rose back up to a standing position, she'd then begin to gently undo the binding as she continued.

"Being a medic also requires you to use what you have and improvise...which you did splendidly...often we think of what we don't have and forget to be creative...you used the bandage to no only support the injury, but even attempt to ease some of the milder symptoms of irritation...not many would consider that aspect either..."

Miho would look over at the girl once more upon finishing, continuing the task of folding the material within her hands.

"If I may ask..What's your name?"
-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-

Adept Medical Training

TAGS:
WORDS:
NOTES:
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Bring Your Work To Kids DayJun 20, 2022 20:05:45 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
| 231 | notes

Miroru worked steadily and quietly, her focus leaving her tongue poking out of the corner of her mouth like her friend Hiroro. When she finished, she stood nervously and waited to hear how she'd done- and grinned ear to ear as she heard she'd done well! "Ooh! Awesome! Thank you! How would I avoid that, do you think? The discomfort, I mean? The looseness could probably be handled by being more firm, right?"

She just about blew up like a pufferfish with all the compliments she got, absolutely thriving on the praise as she nodded and listened closely! "That's what I do! Find the creative ways to work with what I got!"

She was dumbstruck for a second when Miho asked for her name. Not because it was a ridiculous question- but because she felt like an idiot for not introducing herself! "Ohmigawsh, Senju-sama, I am so sorry! I am Uchiha Miroru, Academy Student and leader of the Justice Scouts! While we're doing introductions, though... what are these cuties' names?" She asked, bending to look at the babies, resisting the urge to poke or try to snuggle them. They were sleeping, and she had it on relatively good authority that it was best to leave sleeping babies lie!

Bring Your Work To Kids DayJun 21, 2022 10:23:51 GMT -5
Senju Miho
Senju Miho Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
"At times discomfort is inevitable...each person adjusts to it in their own way..the best thing one can do is to just make them as comfortable as possible or to administer an ointment to help lessen the pain. Some use Jutsu to help quicken the process, but I think the body, unless compromised, is more than able of natural healing with little boosting unless the need is dire and requires it..." ."

As Miho could see that the girl was indeed apologetic, she was just as forgetful for not asking sooner as she got a bit caught up in seeing just if the girl was of the mind to indeed train under medical ninjutsu. It was a different line of work to say the least, and often if you were unprepared for the path, you would find yourself lacking or even quitting before you started to see the true fruits of your labor.

In hearing the name, she'd watch her begin to ask of the twins, her thoughts somewhat put on pause as she considered it. She was right to assume as much, but she certainly seemed far more cheerful than most of the Uchiha that she had encountered...save for an old friend. Though that was not to say it was a bad thing, she just hoped that life as a shinobi did not hamper such spirit or weigh her down over time.

"Heh heh...These little ones are Kazui and Toshiro..."

Holding her finger to her lips, she'd lean down as she examined the two, seeing them stir a bit as Kazui had managed to lay her hand directly into her brother's face, prompting the boy to fidget just a bit before then twisting around to his side as his thumb rested between his lips. It was only a matter of time before the two would awaken for their lunch, but she imagined by then she'd have finished her lecture and they could make their way home.

"Miroru....if you truly wish to look into being a medic...then you should know that it isn't something where you gain recognition or glory...the work we do is hardly ever seen as important and it is constantly changing to suit the needs of all, not just the one person....You seem to have a knack for the work, but if you aren't serious about it...you will find yourself hating it..."
-Jutsu Used-

-S.A Used-

Adept Medical Training

TAGS:
WORDS:
NOTES:
BRY of W&&R and CAUTION
Bring Your Work To Kids DayJun 21, 2022 14:40:00 GMT -5
Uchiha Miroru
Uchiha Miroru Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi

Uchiha Miroru
Konohagakure No Sato
| 279 | notes

"Mmm. I suppose that's very true, huh? It's not like cuts stop hurting just cuz you rub some dirt in them. You gotta wait for them to heal and like, not rip off the scabs early or anything. So is it really better for the body to heal on its own? What if a bone just gets super messed up? Wouldn't it be better to Ninjutsu the pieces back together and heal it before they shift out of place again?" Miroru wondered aloud. "Like, if I had a puzzle, it'd make more sense to lay down some paper and trace it now, instead of hoping nobody messes with the puzzle for a couple months," she mused.

The spitfire's mood dropped the instant she heard the twin's names.

Her arms curled around her middle, her eyes downcast as her nose twitched and wiggled, like she was trying not to sneeze. Or maybe cry.

"Toshiro and... Kazui... huh? Those're- those're good names. I have a cousin named Kazui, you know," she said quietly. "I don't- think I'm gonna get to see her again. At least I hope not. If I do, I'm afraid... I'll have to fight her. And I don't wanna."

She glanced back at Miho, and shook her head. "I don't care about being rich or famous. I just want to be useful. I want to have a place, you know? Have something I do so well that people come to me when they need that thing done. I wanna be the best at... something.

Anything."