compose a reply
Ties that bind [Academy Lesson]Oct 9, 2022 15:19:57 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 13 years old birthday 9/18 rank Chuunin occupation Barrier Corps

Yamanaka Itsuki

Tied up once again, Itsuki prepared himself for what was about to happen. His 'opponent' knew the course much better now, but he himself was certainly more practiced in the untying of the ropes. This time he felt that a combo of his previous attempts should get him the result he truly desired, and once he had completed that then he should have mastered the technique appropriately enough to consider it a properly learned skill.

With Shigure-sensei's instruction to begin, the boy began sliding his chakra around himself and the ropes binding him, his fine control allowing him to do this more easily than he might have otherwise. It wasn't exactly easy, having to focus on so much at once, but his goal was to simultaneously loosen the knots keeping the ropes tight around him, and slide them off his body through wave-like pulses of chakra, moving the bindings through an action akin to a worm crawling across the ground.

It didn't take very long for him to feel the ropes slacken around him, even as they slid off his body. A quick pulse of chakra and rapid movement had the restraints off his body with the Yamanaka slipping off the platform he had been held on, running away as quickly as he could in hopes of not being captured by his classmate. It had definitely been much easier this time, and he was fairly sure he had gotten the proper hang of the technique at last.

Word Count: 247
Tags:  
Notes: Academy Training - Rope Escape Technique

Eleri has written 410 posts
Ties that bind [Academy Lesson]Oct 9, 2022 18:06:17 GMT -5
Hyūga Shigure
the price of freedom is steep
Hyūga Shigure Avatar
groupnull
age 21 years old birthday August 20 rank Jōnin occupation Genin Team 1 Lead / Interception Team
header
"ties that bind".
"No matter how many people you may lose, you have no choice but to go on living."

END OF LESSON

The lesson was coming to a close, and this last round would define who would have succeeded in the practice, and those who had not. Fortunately, the kids who were down to their last chance seemed to have understood the technique well enough this time so that they were able to perform it, even though some of them narrowly did so. Itsuki had managed to get rid of the ropes, and he slipped out of it about six seconds before his colleague arrived at the platform.

With the last round over, Shigure would address all the students. "Good job everyone. Seems like all of you got the gist of the technique. Awesome. If you are still not feeling entirely confident with it, it's okay. I will be always available to give you further instruction. But for today, I'm satisfied with your progress." he said with a large smile on his face.

"As such, you are all dismissed for the day. Use your free time to reflect on the lesson and see where you believe you can still improve." he said, and as the kids started to make their way out of the training field, Shigure would stay behind to clean the obstacle track he had prepared. He put a lot of effort into his student's lessons, and he was happy with that. It was his goal that all of them, once they became Genins, would be truly prepared for the ninja world out there.

"So what if it seems hopeless? If it were me, I still wouldn't give up. Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your honour as a Shinobi, for the price of freedom is steep."

Rope Escape Technique
My exit post, feel free to make a final post
[ ]
[256 words]
Ren has written 1,690 posts
Ties that bind [Academy Lesson]Oct 10, 2022 2:59:19 GMT -5
Yamanaka Itsuki
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Yamanaka Itsuki Avatar
groupLeaf Shinobi
age 13 years old birthday 9/18 rank Chuunin occupation Barrier Corps

Yamanaka Itsuki

It seemed he hadn't quite been as fast as he might have liked, with Makoto-chan making it to his position shortly after he had fled. Had the excercise continued further then he would have needed to try and lose her before he could be considered a successful escape. That was definitely something to consider for the future, making sure that he could flee if he had to. Sure, it was well and good for a samurai to declare that running away was dishonourable, but for a shinobi it was just common sense. Thankfully, this was not such an activity, and therefore he didn't have to keep running to stay away from the Inuzuka girl.

He was still rather put out that it took him so long to figure the jutsu out, after all, it should have been pretty easy with chakra control like his. Unfortunately, life just didn't seem to work the way he wanted it to, and as such, he had taken three attempts to manage it. It was a clear injustice in the world! On the other hand, he did succeed at last, and that would have to be good enough.

Pumped on the high of success, Itsuki found himself bouncing in place a little even as he gathered back around Shigure-sensei, his limbs twitching a little in protest to having been tied up multiple times in the last ten minutes. He listened quietly as they were all congratulated and then dismissed, the young Yamanaka turning to his friends with a grin as he thought of the fun that they could have.

His face soon fell though, when he remembered that his Obaa-sama wanted him home as soon as possible, and she would find out should he not go straight home. "Sorry! I have to get back to Obaa-sama, she'll be mad if I take too long. I'll see you all tomorrow! Thanks Shigure-sensei!"

And with that he was off and out of the Academy, racing to reach his home.

[EXIT]

Word Count: 332
Tags: ,
Notes: Academy Training - Rope Escape Technique
Eleri has written 410 posts