What We Wear [Training]

compose a reply
What We Wear [Training]Jun 28, 2022 17:25:23 GMT -5
Kiko
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Kiko Avatar
groupnull
age Twenty-One years old birthday December 1 rank Chuunin occupation Shinigami-sama
Tag:
Title: What We Wear
Hex: e85fb0
Summary: Kiko traveled to a beach in search of privacy. There, she begins to work on some of her more refined silk control methods.

Komatsuzaki Kiko

Shinigami-chan, the true head of the waruichi clan

When it comes to improvement as a shinobi, one must train. Kiko was no exception. But one problem that many like her faced was finding an unoccupied space where she could focus and get the most out of her training. 

She had glanced over the training grounds of Kirigakure, and was unimpressed. She did not want to be amid the crowds of people right now - for numerous reasons. 

Instead, she wandered out of the village. Not too far away, but to a secluded beach where she once met someone who taught her something very useful. Kiko did not know what happened to that individual, but she figured they were fine considering what she could do with what they taught her. 

Though she was there to train, Kiko stood at the edge of the water, and having discarded her sandals and stockings, let the waves caress her toes from time-to-time. 

It was relaxing.

And so, relaxed, Kiko began maneuvering her silk. It billowed out from beneath her sleeves and swirled around her like bees about a hive. 

She had so much more to do to become truly proficient. Mastery was a ways away, but there were few around that could achieve Kiko's precise control.

Temp by Ai Made Just for Fair ♥

Fairemont has written 170 posts
What We Wear [Training]Jun 29, 2022 16:56:10 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
A true justice must be served.
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 17 years old birthday Feburary 22nd rank Chuunin occupation

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE
There is only one path left to take.

Kasumi had reached Chuunin, but she was hardly ready to call it quits there. She needed something else to grow even further. The one handed seals were useful, but they weren't exactly power. She wanted something with a little more... energy to it, really. Her recent spar with her sensei gave her what might be the perfect idea. She just needed space and quiet to start her practice.

"Oh." Kasumi mumbled to herself, seeing a lone ninja standing at the shoreline. "Damn. Eh, whatever."

Kasumi would approach the girl wearing the kimono, her feet in the water. Realizing that it'd be a good idea to follow suit, Kasumi kicked her own footwear aside and away from the wetness of the soft waves.

"Oi. You. You gonna be here a while? I was gonna do some trainin', didn't really expect to run into nobody. You, uh, alright? You look a bit outta sorts or something."

Kasumi would look the girl up and down curiously, frowning a bit. A kimono on the beach was definitely weird, but she war a bikini top pretty much everywhere so she didn't really have too much room to judge.

"You gonna go swimming in that or something?"

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Kasumi has become known for her strange chakara form. When in a dire situation, she is capable of releasing her chakra, which in turn takes a strange color unlike the normal blue color of chakra, and takes the form of a demonic cat figure. She is then enveloped in a demon shroud.

This ability grants her a fierce looking aura, that may come off as intimidating and a tenacity to push beyond their normal limits physically- when this mode is activated, Kasumi is harder to knock out or kill and will generally fight for longer than a normal body is capable of.

Keeping this ability active has a medium drain on Kasumi's chakara.

Demon sword style:
Since a young age, Kasumi has felt the weight of a sword in her hands. She's practiced combat with swords, and is able to compete with some of the best sword users around. That said, people who lack training with a sword or intensive Taijutsu tend to be overwhelmed by her skill.

Demon chakra pool:
Kasumi was born with higher than average chakara reserves, letting her use more chakara and jutsu without being exhausted. A natural gift from her lineage. She has learned how to properly take advantage of these reserves.

Equipment: Hakushika Kami

Jutsu used:

Bloo has written 496 posts
What We Wear [Training]Jun 29, 2022 17:07:27 GMT -5
Kiko
Kiko Avatar
groupnull
age Twenty-One years old birthday December 1 rank Chuunin occupation Shinigami-sama
Tag:
Summary: Kiko sort of greets Kasumi and explains what she is doing out there all by herself.

Komatsuzaki Kiko

Ribbons of silk swirled around Kiko, weaving together, pulling apart, unraveling down to their individual threads, and then mending back to their original state, all while Kiko stood still and patient. 

It obviously looked a little bit odd to the casual observer, as Kasumi inquired if she was okay.

Until then, Kiko had mostly ignored her presence, but now she turned her gaze to look at the other girl. 

"I am well," she replied. "I do intend to be a while. Like you, I intend to train my skills so that I am prepared for the future."

"Many have wished me dead, and some still do," Kiko's silk ribbons snapped taut and rapidly formed into a plethora of shuriken. "I do not intend to make it easy for them, or any other."

She raised a hand and one shuriken gently fell into her palm, so she handed to Kasumi. "While I could swim in my kimono, the silk is unsuitable to being submerged in the water. Were I to swim, I would remove it."

Kiko did not seem intent on swimming, nor was she dressed for it. It would not have been impossible for her to be hiding something beneath the heavy silk kimono, but that would remain a mystery for now. 

"Do you intend to swim? I have heard it is excellent exercise."

What We Wear [Training]Jun 29, 2022 17:30:17 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

The girl said she was fine, despite Kasumi's doubts the new Chuunin didn't press the issue. Instead, gave a strange look when she explained she would take the kimono off if she planned on swimming. Was there a bathing suit under that thing? Strange choice again, but shinobi were often times strange folk.

"I was thinkin' about it. I heard training strength in water was more effective. My sensei hits like a friggin' monster, and I want to give her one good one back at least."

She'd planned on summoning her bears to help. Something about resistance and weight seemed like a good idea for building up muscles to incredible limits. Summoning a powerful bear with other people around though, was not really ideal. Kasumi accepted the shuriken, eyeing it strangely.

Silk was a weird material for a shuriken designed to cut, but she could tell it was Waruichi silk. It didn't follow logic like that.

"Hadn't really thought too far ahead though. Maybe we can help each other out. Isn't this stuff like... really hard to break? If I'm training strength and you're training silk stuff maybe it can help us both... somehow."

Kasumi wasn't entirely sure how, but she was sure there was a way.

"You can control the silk and I can pull with my arms. A good old tug of war maybe? It'd still be more fun in the water, though."

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Kasumi has become known for her strange chakara form. When in a dire situation, she is capable of releasing her chakra, which in turn takes a strange color unlike the normal blue color of chakra, and takes the form of a demonic cat figure. She is then enveloped in a demon shroud.

This ability grants her a fierce looking aura, that may come off as intimidating and a tenacity to push beyond their normal limits physically- when this mode is activated, Kasumi is harder to knock out or kill and will generally fight for longer than a normal body is capable of.

Demon sword style:
Since a young age, Kasumi has felt the weight of a sword in her hands. She's practiced combat with swords, and is able to compete with some of the best sword users around. That said, people who lack training with a sword or intensive Taijutsu tend to be overwhelmed by her skill.

Demon chakra pool:
Kasumi was born with higher than average chakara reserves, letting her use more chakara and jutsu without being exhausted. A natural gift from her lineage. She has learned how to properly take advantage of these reserves.

Jutsu used:

What We Wear [Training]Jun 29, 2022 17:40:15 GMT -5
Kiko
Kiko Avatar
groupnull
Tag:
Summary: Kiko agrees to train with Kasumi, but requests to know more about her idea.

Komatsuzaki Kiko

Kiko looked out at the water. Her former mentor, albeit very briefly, was quite particular about water. He trained there, spent a lot of time there, and as far as she was aware, may have lived there, too. 

And he wasn't even a fish...

"It stands to reason that the resistance applied by the water would cause the body to work harder," Kiko held her hand out towards the shuriken she gave Kasumi, and it quickly unraveled and spiraled up her sleeve. "But I have heard that such things are often used for physical therapy, so it may not stress the body enough for extreme development."

She looked back out to the water. "My medical investigations have not delved into that too much, as of yet."

Slowly, the rest of Kiko's silk began returning to her and wrapped up within her expansive sleeves. 

"Our silk can be strong, but it's strength depends upon both the wielder and the creator. Even the methods we use to spin the silk can yield different results."

Kiko shuffled forward a few steps so that her feet and ankles were now indefinitely submerged and wiggled her toes into the wet sand.

"It is possible that I could provide sufficient resistance for you to train. You wish to do so in the water, though?"

Kiko considered that for a moment.

"I do enjoy the water. It can be relaxing and comfortable. Perhaps I shall indulge you. Tell me more about your idea."

What We Wear [Training]Jun 30, 2022 19:56:47 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

The girl offered pros and cons of Kasumi's idea, and Kasumi realized she had missed one rather important detail. What the Heck was this girls name, even? She seemed familiar, but Kasumi wasn't sure they'd ever formally met though. As the shuriken returned to the strangers sleeve, Kasumi decided to speak.

"Momochi Kasumi. That's my name, by the way."

She said simply, then thought about her plan officially. The water might not help for resistance, but it didn't change the fact that Kasumi felt like getting wet today. Hell, she even wore her bikini under her pants.

"Here's the idea, alright. You make a rope of that silk stuff. I've seen that before, you can probably control it yeah? I'll get in the water and try to pull you in, you try to pull me out. If you can't control it like that, I guess I could summon you some help. I planned to use summons originally anyway, so..."

Kasumi wasn't sure if the idea was perfect, but she'd already pulled her headband from the front of her pants and revealed her swimsuit underneath. She was convinced of the plan, as she threw her pants towards where she left her shoes earlier.

"You in, or you out? Careful though, I might win and pull you into the water. Heh."

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Demon sword style:

Demon chakra pool:

Jutsu used:

What We Wear [Training]Jun 30, 2022 20:12:11 GMT -5
Kiko
Kiko Avatar
groupnull
Tag:
Title: What We Wear
Summary: Write them here! Box will expand downwards with words.

Komatsuzaki Kiko

"I am Komatsuzaki Kiko. It is a pleasure to meet you," Kiko replied, though it did sound a little forced, or at least rehearsed.

"Your assessment is correct," Kiko answered with a faint nod. "I can control my silk. I do not benefit from holding it in my hand, but I believe your idea is to pull me into the water, and if I do not... then it cannot be done."

Kiko watched, curiously, as Kasumi tossed her pants to the side to reveal the rest of her swimsuit. If Kiko was to go along with Kasumi's little game, then it would behoove her to prepare. 

"I shall accept your challenge," Kiko closed her eyes for a moment and stood still.

After a half a minute or so, she opened her eyes again and began removing her kimono. As she pulled the heavy garment away from her body, Kiko revealed incredibly pale skin and a very petite and dainty body beneath. 

Though she had not brought a swimsuit with her, she had managed to construct a silk bikini for herself and had applied it to her body. Despite her spindly body, Kiko did a rather exceptional job of filling out the top of her swimsuit - far more than what her kimono would have suggested she was capable of.

"I do hope that you know... it will not be easy to overpower my silken influence. It is among the strongest of my clan."

By performing another handseal, her kimono burst apart and swiftly reformed into a long rope, perfect for their tug of war, which she suspended between the two of them. 

"We shall both do our best."

What We Wear [Training]Jul 11, 2022 8:44:40 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

The girl, Kiko Kasumi now knew, agreed to the concept in a rather verbose manner. The Demon wasn't sure she could ever talk so proper, but she didn't mind it much. It almost reminded her of Toru and his strange monotone. Well, not something to dwell on.

"'Ight. I'll get in that water. Don't underestimate me though, I can be like really strong." Kasumi said with a toothy smile as she stepped into the water.

It was warm, which was nice. The water actually felt nice, when it wasn't be used by her sensei to drown her. Maybe she needed to make a habit of swimming more often.

"Oi, why do you wear that kimono? It covers up all that underneath. Really ain't doing you any favors you know. Sheesh. I couldn't imagine wearing a kimono all the time. No can do."

Kasumi tried to make small talk as she picked up the end of the rope. Honestly, she knew that this was likely not going to go her way. That silk was tough as all Hell and she knew the kinds of control that the clan had over it. Asuka and Kei both were masters of the craft.

That definitely didn't mean she wasn't going to try, though. She wrapped the rope around her wrist to make sure she kept a good grip on it. She was about thigh deep in the water and a good tug could definitely pull her face first into the water.

"Alright. On three?" She'd offer, finding her footing and getting herself ready. "One... two... three!"

And the pulling began.

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Demon sword style:

Demon chakra pool:

Jutsu used:

What We Wear [Training]Jul 11, 2022 9:55:13 GMT -5
Kiko
Kiko Avatar
groupnull
Tag:
Title: What we Wear
Summary: Kiko completely misunderstands what Kasumi is saying - but the battle has begun!

Komatsuzaki Kiko

"I do not doubt that you are strong," Kiko replied.

She wasn't the type to judge too hastily. Kiko understood her own power, and knew what she was capable of. She did not boast without due cause. Overpowering her control over her silk would not be easy, however, Kiko also understood that unlike Kasumi, she'd be relying entirely on her chakra, and could be exhausted quicker because of it.

"Why?" Kiko tipped her head slightly. "My kimono is my armor. As you likely know, my clan provides body armor to the shinobi of this village. My kimono, however, is vastly superior."

Kasumi's true meaning, as well as the compliment she gave Kiko, went well and truly over her head. Kiko was fairly ignorant of such, but Kasumi wasn't wrong, either. The young Waruichi was hiding a rather beautiful, albeit petite, form beneath her Kimono.

"It would be foolish of me not to wear it. I do not believe many possess the tools, nor the power, to inflict any damage of note to it."

Kiko readied herself, and as Kasumi counted down, Kiko filled the silk with her chakra. When the battle began, it was fierce. It would have also likely been rather uninteresting to watch, as Kiko locked her silk down with incredible force it did not budge one direction or another - not yet, at least.

Thus began the battle of attrition...

What We Wear [Training]Jul 11, 2022 12:32:48 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

The girls reply to Kasumi's comment about the kimono wasn't terribly surprising, despite being strange. Armor was important, she guessed, for people that couldn't defend themselves up close. Kasumi designed her own outfit to protect her back and invite fools to try and approach her from the front.

Reckless, but effective.

"Right... I think I could probably leave a big hole in it, just saying."

Bold, for sure, but there was no time to dwell on it as they started pulling. Kasumi's feet dug into the sand below her, pushing the earth below her to pull as hard as she could.

The rope neither budged closer or further from her, but instead stayed rather right where it was. The question seemed to be what would give first... Kasumi's strength, or Kiko's stamina?

"Gah... stronger than you look.... aren't ya?" She growled out through clenched teeth, pulling hard. She felt the silk wrap tightly around her hand, hurting just a little but not enough to do any damage. A bead of sweat came to Kasumi's brow...

when her foot slipped in the wet sand, and she fell backwards into the water. Completely submerging for a few moments as the silk escaped her grasp. She popped up after, spitting water to the side and her body soaked in the sea.

"I demand a rematch! My foot slipped!"

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Keeping this ability active has a low drain on Kasumi's chakara.

Demon sword style:

Demon chakra pool:

One Handed Demon Style:
Through patience and recklessness, Kasumi has mastered the ability to do jutsu with only one available hand. She can cast jutsu only using one hand for the seals.

Jutsu used:

What We Wear [Training]Jul 11, 2022 14:08:52 GMT -5
Kiko
Kiko Avatar
groupnull
Tag:

Komatsuzaki Kiko

Kiko was slightly concerned that she may not be able to maintain an antagonistic force on the silk sufficient enough to counterattack the strength of her opponent. It began well enough, but if it went on for too long, without utilizing actual hand seals she may not be able to push enough chakra into the silk.

But before the strain had a chance to get too much, or at least to the point where Kiko began to lose ground, Kasumi lost her footing and slipped into the water.

Kiko blinked a couple of times, surprised by the fact that Kasumi had dropped into the water, or "lost" so soon. She had certainly expected a lot more from her.

"I am strong," Kiko declared matter-of-factly. "I had said as much."

Were Kiko relying on physical strength, the spindly lass looked like she'd have been a pushover. That was not the case here, though. Kiko had access to her exceptional control over silk and chakra to offset Kasumi's raw physical strength.

"You do not need to demand a rematch, I will be more than happy to provide one," Kiko tried to smile a bit, but it was creepier than anything else. "After all, I have yet to feel sufficient strain on my chakra that would imply I have benefited from this exercise."

She looked Kasumi over rather quickly, but in an analytical fashion. "I suspect the same could be said of you."

With a wave of her hand, Kiko bid the silk to rise and take the shape of a rope again. "Ready when you are."

What We Wear [Training]Jul 11, 2022 14:47:14 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

I am strong. Kiko said. You are not, is what Kasumi had heard as she stood up, wringing the water from her hair and feeling a dark emotion inside of her. The scolding after demanding a rematch was enough to spark that emotion to something deeper.

Red chakra flared around Kasumi as she felt herself being looked down on. Intentionally or not. She readjusted her top, then her footing and sent a hard glare at Kiko.

"I lost my footing, is all. I won't lost again. Don't worry, we'll wear that chakra of yours out." She said through gritted teeth, digging her feet deep into the sand.

"I won't fall again."

She promised both herself and her opponent. She held the silk with a death grip that seemed more likely her arm would come off before she faltered.

"On three." She said, keeping the silk taut. "One." She said, getting her footing against a rock at the shore. "Two." She said, leaning back now. "Three."

With the word, her demon's cloak flared to life and helped her ignore all the pain of her muscle strain as she yanked now with everything she had. Determined to go full speed the full time of the war.

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Demon sword style:

Demon chakra pool:

One Handed Demon Style:
Through patience and recklessness, Kasumi has mastered the ability to do jutsu with only one available hand. She can cast jutsu only using one hand for the seals.

Jutsu used:

What We Wear [Training]Jul 11, 2022 16:49:36 GMT -5
Kiko
Kiko Avatar
groupnull
Tag: 

Komatsuzaki Kiko

Kiko gives Kasumi the necessary time to get back to her feet and adjust her top to fit comfortably again. She wasn't the type to kick a person while they were down, or take advantage of that situation. Granted, she also wasn't the type that'd feel bad about if she did - Kiko just understood that she was supposed to believe it was wrong.

"It is not about winning or losing, merely about improving," Kiko commented as Kasumi got ready for the next round. "If you have the strength to exhaust my chakra, then I will consider this a successful exercise."

On three they would begin again.

Kiko could see there was something different about Kasumi now. It had became rather obvious, that is. Whatever it was that had changed, though, was not clear to Kiko. 

She began applying her chakra to the silk to steady herself, and took ahold of the silk with her hands. She was ready.

Kiko grossly misjudged the difference in strength that was about to come. Kasumi put everything she had into it, and while Kiko was certainly doing the same, the constraint she had applied to herself with her own punctuated techniques and minimal chakra shaping ensured there was a fair gulf between them.

Kiko's eyes opened a little wider than before, and she even let out a little sound of surprise as her control over the silk was quickly overpowered. With that out of the way, Kiko's physical body put up about as much of a fight as a teddy bear.

She was pulled clean off her feet and plopped face-first into the sand and water. She hit with enough for to skin forward a little ways, and her feet raised into the air enough that her hips were lifted slightly off the ground. 

It was an all together undignified, yet graceful flop for Kiko. 

What We Wear [Training]Jul 14, 2022 17:53:48 GMT -5
Kasumi Momochi
Kasumi Momochi Avatar
groupMist Shinobi

A DEMON HAS PURPOSE

Kiko explained it wasn't about winning or losing, but Kasumi thought that was loser talk. It was always about winning, wasn't it? Being better. If that wasn't the goal, then why do they even bother training together? Sheesh.

The idea was boring, but as the competition took off again Kasumi found herself quickly entertained as the other girl was sent flying forward. Face in the sand, legs stretched up.

The laughter that came from Kasumi couldn't possibly have been resisted even by a ninja's willpower.

"That..." she started, laughing again and catching her breath a bit, "was hilarious! So funny! Hahaha!"

Soon, she regained her composure though. She rolled her shoulders, noting that the burst of strength did take something out of her even if it was short. Maybe that was something she could take advantage of while she trained.

"You wanna go again, or should we switch it up somehow? You might want to get in the water and get all that sand out of your hair."

Kasumi added that last part with another chuckle, completely forgetting her own soaked hair that hung to her head to remind her that she was the first one to fall in their friendly competition.

Yeah, that wasn't worth remembering.

SAs:
Demon Chakra:

Demon sword style:

Demon chakra pool:

One Handed Demon Style:

Jutsu used:

What We Wear [Training]Jul 14, 2022 18:23:59 GMT -5
Kiko
Kiko Avatar
groupnull
Tag:
Title: What we Wear

Komatsuzaki Kiko

"I was certainly surprised..." Kiko mumbled as she pushed herself up to her knees and then sat back on the sand with her legs beneath her.

"It was clear that you were having some sort of power-up," Kiko continued as she brushed sand off herself and then rearranged her top so it fit properly once more. "However, I did not expect such a drastic change - or perhaps, it was merely that my methods of control were insufficient."

Kiko eventually got back to her feet, a little sandier than before, but otherwise fine. She took a couple of steps back to roughly where she had been standing before so that they could try again.

"I shall remain where I was. Changing positions will not yield appropriate appraisal," Kiko looked down at the silk she had lost control of. "Were we to change and try again, the altered environmental situations would likely result in skewed analysis of our capabilities."

"However..." Kiko stated softly as she began forming a series of handseals. "I won't underestimate you again. I suggest you prepare yourself. It won't be as easy as it was last time."

The silk sprang to life, spun rapidly to fling all the sand it had collected all over, and then wrung itself tightly to remove the water. In a matter of seconds, the silk rope was ready once more, so Kiko took hold.

"I am ready when you are."

The difference between her imperfect method of control without hand seals and true mastery of the Waruichi arts was stark. It would not be too foolish to expect a rather prompt change of fortune between them again.