groupCloud Shinobi
age 38 years old birthday 11/7 rank Elite Jonin occupation Wolf Sage

Wolf blood

OWNER:Wolf Sage plus apprentices

CLASSIFICATION: Supplementary

ELEMENT: None

RESTRICTIONS:Wolf sage + apprentices.

DESCRIPTION:
This is blood from the Sage wolf Don'yokuna himself it has been treated with chakra and is given out to sages and apprentices that are trained under his tutorage.

ABILITIES:
Ability 1[Chakra reactive] The first ability of the blood as it has been treated with chakra which enables the blood to be applied to the skin of the user IE the face or the body. When done so it enables the blood to be chakra reactive.

Ability 2 + 3 [Gathering] The second ability of this blood allows wolf sages that have the blood applied to the skin to be able to gather additional nature chakra while its effects are only small compared to sitting still and other methods of gathering chakra it has proved to helpful over a period of time. Unlike sitting still gathering nature chakra, because the blood is merely on the skin and isn't moving it allows for a constant steady gathering of nature chakra at the ratio of 1:15 for every post it is on the skin for. Though this is limited to 3 rounds of gathering before the chakra contained in the blood fades out and it just becomes regular blood. Each vial contains enough for two uses. The use of this blood is like having a sage animal doing it for you as an extension of the sage animal itself.
last edit by Himemura Kaede on Jul 17, 2022 11:40:23 GMT -5
Jian has written 57 posts
Wolf Blood [Personal/Kumo Apprentices]Jul 17, 2022 10:18:45 GMT -5
TACTICIAN
farewell, good hunter. may you find your worth in the waking world.
TACTICIAN Avatar
groupnull
age twenty-seven years old birthday nov 10 rank legendary sannin occupation bad bitch
Gathering on its own would theoretically be a chakra-reactive ability, which an item can only have one of, but given that the first ability essentially just allows for the second one to happen, I would be fine with Gathering being the only ability on this item, with it still at a B-rank.

Can you clarify the rate at which the item gathers nature chakra? I'm extremely hesitant to allow for an item to passively gather nature chakra at any significant rate, and I'm not 100% sure what the 1:15 ratio means here, so I want to be absolutely clear as to what precisely it's doing over its six possible rotations of use.
owochimawu has written 62 posts
Wolf Blood [Personal/Kumo Apprentices]Jul 17, 2022 11:33:00 GMT -5
Himemura Kaede
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Himemura Kaede Avatar
groupCloud Shinobi
age 38 years old birthday 11/7 rank Elite Jonin occupation Wolf Sage
It's the ratios at which sages gather nature chakra 1 post = so many rotations of nature energy they can use for senjutsu. So Kaede on his own still meditation gets 1 post of mediating 70 rotations, this items is another way of gathering sage chakra like the sage animals can gather it for them as well. It was just me thinking of other ways to do this and something applied to the skin seemed like the answer as it comes from the main sage animal anyway. What I could do is up it to an A rank if that is acceptable. I think generally sage animals have a 1:20 gather rate so this item is B rank but can up it to A rank and use another special ability to balance out the gathering if you wish also. You could also think of it as an extension of the sage animal itself.

What I have done is made the item A rank the gathering ability is also a double SA so takes up two slots on the item. Sometimes it's not always advisable to have one of the sage animals present so the blood could be another method for Kaede its just gives him options.
last edit by Himemura Kaede on Jul 17, 2022 11:43:22 GMT -5
Jian has written 57 posts
Wolf Blood [Personal/Kumo Apprentices]Jul 24, 2022 22:11:08 GMT -5
TACTICIAN
TACTICIAN Avatar
groupnull
age twenty-seven years old birthday nov 10 rank legendary sannin occupation bad bitch
My primary issue with this is that the blood allowing the user to passively gather nature chakra removes the balancing aspect that is present in the requirement of still meditation. While sage animals can gather nature chakra and give it to a sage/apprentice, they are still creatures that can be interacted with and need to maintain still meditation themselves; meaning that the meditation can potentially be interrupted. As written, this item allows for gathering of nature chakra while the user is in motion and not meditating, and has no clear method of interruption beyond (maybe?) getting blasted with a suiton bath, which is highly situational. As written, it can essentially give the user ninety rotations of sage mode in a single thread completely for free, with absolutely no downside.

Furthermore, an item passively gathering nature chakra should not, in theory, be better at gathering nature chakra than a sage animal or a sage themself; the minimum ratio of an initial imperfect sage is 1:10. With that in mind, I'd like to see the ratio reduced to 1:5 with only one use per thread and a maximum of three rotations of gathering. The item rank can remain a B; bringing it up to an A-rank was unnecessary and prohibits the item from being utilized by either of the Wolf Sage apprentices.
Wolf Blood [Personal/Kumo Apprentices]Aug 12, 2022 5:28:37 GMT -5
TACTICIAN
TACTICIAN Avatar
groupnull
Since two weeks have passed without further edits, I'm gonna take this out of notify. Feel free to re-submit when you're ready to work on this again, and let me know if you have any questions!