Trolls under the bridge [B-Rank Mission]

compose a reply
Trolls under the bridge [B-Rank Mission]Jul 10, 2022 7:55:23 GMT -5
Hōzuki Kyōka
In this world, the weak are the sustenance of the strong. The strong live, the weak die
Hōzuki Kyōka Avatar
groupnull
age 33 years old birthday June 18 rank Elite Jounin occupation Genin Team Leader (Team 2)
We are violence
It had been a while since Kyouka and Shomaru completed the 'Olive Branch' mission, convincing the nobles in Kagamino no Shi to renew their faith in the Hidden Mist Village and provide the village with their support and funds. Things were improving substantially in the village under the guidance of their Mizukage, who took a very hands-on approach. Unlike leaders of the past, Toru didn't hide behind his desk and bureaucracy; the young Kage remained committed to helping in the frontlines, and maybe that was the secret of the Mist's newly found success.

In any case, the Land of Waters was still not short for problems, and the shinobi of the Mist were required once again. Intel had informed the village that enemies of the state were gathering in the mountains around their country's capital, and they posed a threat to the safety of its inhabitants. To make justice to their promise of protection, and to reinforce the nobles' faith in them, it was paramount that they put an end to those threats. A mission like this meant that Kyouka would have people to kill, and she was more than satisfied by that. Seemed like the Mizukage really did know her, for he was very precise with his choice of mission.

As the trio travelled towards their objective, Kyouka would turn to Kiko and Toru. "It's a beautiful day, isn't it?" she said with her weird-looking smirk, showing the sharp teeth. Kyouka was in a very good mood today.

and this is hell

267 words
B-Rank Mission

made by eden @ gs and thq
Ren has written 284 posts
Trolls under the bridge [B-Rank Mission]Jul 10, 2022 10:07:08 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
"Live or die, just do it well.
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
age 16 years old birthday August 5, 1007 rank Elite Jounin occupation Mizukage
I would know him in death
At the end of the world

Toru made selections purely based on interest, skill, and at times when he knew someone needed to garner experience in more intense scenarios. More often than not, the young Mizukage tagged along because he wanted to see the missions be seen through to his liking, not out of a lack of trust, but because he wanted to have a control over final decisions if information came to light that he was not fully aware of before going into the mission itself.

This was not so much the case for this mission as it in itself was quite simple - eradicate the threat in the mountains.

They were large, and it was easy to hide and get away with a plethora of things. Unfortunately, the mountains were close to many things. Their capital - which was settled decidedly in the mountains - and of course the hidden village itself was at the base of the mountain range itself towards the south. Which meant they couldn't really afford to have anything unknown and dangerous lurking around.

The day was balmy, as one would expect from a summer day as they set out to their 'adventure'. Toru was plenty prepared, though he seemed at ease. They as a unit definitely outweighed whatever dangers the mission might have, of this was certain.

"Hot and humid, to each their own," He remarked in return to Kyouka plainly. It wasn't hostile, not at all, in fact it might have been playful banter if Toru were capable of such a thing with any amount of ease.

"The individuals in these mountains are likely bold, we would do well to attract attention to ourselves in this mission."

Han has written 2,374 posts
Trolls under the bridge [B-Rank Mission]Jul 11, 2022 11:22:24 GMT -5
Kiko
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Kiko Avatar
groupnull
age Twenty-One years old birthday December 1 rank Chuunin occupation Shinigami-sama
Tag:
Title: Trolls Under the Bridge
Hex: e85fb0
Summary: Write them here! Box will expand downwards with words.

Komatsuzaki Kiko

Shinigami-chan, the true head of the waruichi clan

"It is pleasant enough," Kiko replied.

Despite her heavy kimono, Kiko did seem fairly comfortable. Granted, she and the others had lived in the Mizu no Kuni for their entire lives, so they should be used to it by now. At least, to some degree.

However, she was clearly the odd one out in this bunch. Both Kyōka and Toru were veteran shinobi of incredible skill. Kiko, despite being the head of the Waruichi, was merely a recently promoted chuunin. The contrast between them was rather significant - but she wasn't the type to let that get to her. She did hope that she would be able to make herself useful and not hold anyone back, though.

"I've never been the best at drawing attention," Kiko answered. "I am best at avoiding detection, I think. However, I will do my best to contribute."

Kiko looked to Kyōka. The woman was mostly unfamiliar to her. She was aware of her existence, and what she was capable of, but they had never met before, nor set out on any missions together. It was a good opportunity to get to know her, though.

And Toru, the Mizukage. Kiko was familiar with him. She had been on several assignments with him and had to appreciate his abilities. However, he was a Kaguya, or at least a representative of that clan, and they were long-standing rivals of the Waruichi. Kiko was not the type to subscribe to general prejudice, but on the other hand, she acknowledged that the Kaguya were doing their best to change their ways, and Toru was a good influence.

She could respect that.

"I shall do my best to keep up and not get in the way."

Temp by Ai Made Just for Fair ♥

Fairemont has written 170 posts
Trolls under the bridge [B-Rank Mission]Jul 11, 2022 21:43:08 GMT -5
Hōzuki Kyōka
In this world, the weak are the sustenance of the strong. The strong live, the weak die
Hōzuki Kyōka Avatar
groupnull
age 33 years old birthday June 18 rank Elite Jounin occupation Genin Team Leader (Team 2)
We are violence

Toru's response made her giggle and roll her purple eyes in her orbits. "Hot and humid is optimal weather for a Hozuki." she added, even though Toru wouldn't care much for that. Still, when Kiko responded, Kyouka glanced over to the girl and giggled lightly. "Little princess talk? That's cute!" she said in a teasing tone, keeping a large, weirdly friendly smile on her face. Toru mentioned they should be focusing on drawing some attention and Kyouka nodded to their young leader. Kiko went on to say she wasn't good at that and Kyouka shook her head, approaching the girl and placing her arms around her shoulder.

"Oh, that I know. I almost slept when you were fighting during your exams, but today is a new day. Let's make you a bit flashier just for today!" that was a lie. She was quite interested in all the fights, but she was just testing the waters to see if she could get under the girl's skin or not, perhaps trying to see how similar to Asuka she was, since they came from the same clan and all. "So... If we need to make some fuss, I will bring in some friends when we are closer. My mosquitoes can be quite loud when I allow them to! Hihihi!" but speaking of loud, Kyouka was already kind of being a bit loud and obnoxious.

In fact, that may alert their enemies if they had scouts, on top of giving them the impression she was likely distracted, which couldn't be further from the truth.

and this is hell

279 words
B-Rank Mission

Trolls under the bridge [B-Rank Mission]Jul 12, 2022 10:01:41 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world

Toru acknowledged Kiko, he agreed. At least in the sense that he also was not one to make a lot of noise. But different missions required different tasks of them. Shinobi would learn to adapt regardless of how they felt, it was what allowed them to survive for the most part. Well, at least he hoped some would learn to adapt. He could never teach adaptation. That was a do or die sort of thing, of course, Kirigakure shinobi were particularly good at adapting due to the constant wave of changes that came through their village and country. Water was movement. They knew how to move.

In recent missions, Toru had learned that he wasn't a half bad actor. So he stretched out his arms, and placed them to rest just behind his head. He yawned, it wasn't really the way he would normally act, but his attention was more than on his surroundings, it would be hard to pull one over on Kyouka and Toru around and Kiko had her armor which meant that it would be really hard to do anything to this trio.

"Aysh, I bet they aren't even worth it around these parts. They're all a bunch of pansies, I reckon." He acted, loudly.

Trolls under the bridge [B-Rank Mission]Jul 12, 2022 11:03:03 GMT -5
Kiko
Kiko Avatar
groupnull
age Twenty-One years old birthday December 1 rank Chuunin occupation Shinigami-sama
Tag:
Title: Trolls Under the bridge

Komatsuzaki Kiko

"Princess talk?"

Kiko was a little bit confused by what Kyōka was trying to imply. She was not a princess, and she didn't believe that she spoke like a princess, either - or at least made an attempt to do so.

"I do not believe it is appropriate to refer to me as a princess," Kiko continued. "It would be more appropriate to refer to me as a queen. My uncle, the current heir to the clan, would be the princess in this situation - or prince, I suppose."

She looked over at Kyōka to see if she agreed with her assessment, but instead Kyōka decided to bring up how she had been having issues remaining awake during the chuunin exams. Kiko, being the overly literal individual she is, as well as a medic, felt a little concern.

"If you were having trouble staying awake, it is possible that you are not maintaining a healthy lifestyle or diet. Are you getting enough sleep? Eating enough vitamins? Getting enough time in the sun?" Kiko looked her over really quickly, as if doing an assessment. "When we return I can run a diagnostic and see if there are any improvements that can be made."

The arm that had been left around Kiko's shoulder became a matter of concern, as well. Kiko began working to remove it from her.

"I must apologize, Hōzuki-san, but it would be best if you kept your arm to yourself for the time being. If we were ambushed, you may accidentally restrain me raising the likelihood of one or both of us becoming injured by a substantial margin."

To further establish her point, if she was able to escape from under Kyōka's arm, Kiko put a little bit of space between them to ensure that they couldn't both be wiped out by a single technique - or at least as easily.

"Do we wish to locate the targets, Hachidaime?" Kiko turned and inquired of Toru. "I could disperse the great army in search of anyone suspicious in the area. It may speed up our task. However, if we wish for them to come to us, then perhaps we should utilize some bait?"

Trolls under the bridge [B-Rank Mission]Jul 13, 2022 10:09:00 GMT -5
Hōzuki Kyōka
Hōzuki Kyōka Avatar
groupnull
We are violence

Kyouka chuckled and rolled her eyes in her orbits when Kiko started talking about how the inner structure of her clan worked, as she really didn't care about it at all. Kiko was rather serious in her tone, so she was either very good at sarcasm or dull as a butter knife. Then, when she mentioned something about her died, she laugh out loud - which was also used to try and alert people around them, if it worked - and shook her head. "Don't worry about me, girl. My diet is great! You, on the other hand, need to get more sunlight, you are pale as ghost! Are you sure you are not the one needing some vitamins?" she responded, shrugging.

The girl was boring to her, so when she complained about the arm, she just scoffed, lingering a bit longer just to annoy the girl a bit more before removing it, placing both her arms behind her head in a rather carefree and relaxed position. "You reeeeally don't know me, do ya? It's okay... Just chill... It's not like these cowards are going to do anything anyways. They are all bark but no bite!" she said in a scornful tone.

It was rather surprising that Toru was a good actor when duty called, it was not something she expected when she first met the boy, but he was full of surprises - more than she even knew about - and that was, thus far, a good thing. Kiko made a more serious suggestion to Toru, and Kyouka wondered how he would respond. In her own head, Kiko should be conserving her chakra, for the enemies would eventually come to them.

and this is hell

297 words
B-Rank Mission

Trolls under the bridge [B-Rank Mission]Jul 25, 2022 14:04:26 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world

Toru just listened to the light bickering between the two women. He wasn't sure if Kiko was trying to bicker or if Kyouka was trying to but it was definitely coming off that way to him who was easily exhausted by this sort of back and forth. It almost made him drop his act as he looked between the two of them when Kiko put distance between herself and the Hozuki.

He sighed in his head before continuing.

"No need for a *great army*," He over-emphasized, at this point his voice was echoing off the mountain faces, creating an interesting sound vacuum that would certainly attract unsavory types towards them in due time.

"Us three is enough..." Being loud and a bit too confident, or rather cocky was in fact the bait and Toru was going with it as they continued to travel along getting further and further into the mountains and away from Kirigakure, on the way to Kagamino no Shi which was not horribly far but just far enough that this journey could become boring if nothing happened between location a and location b. But, he had a good feeling, because bandits in mountains never stayed quiet.

And so, that is - hilariously - exactly what happened. It was a kunai, aimed straight at Toru that was the first indicator. But as it landed against the Mizukage's shoulder it seemed to bounce off of him like he was a wall... Though it did pierce the fabric of his outfit.

"Ah... There they are." He hummed, stopping in his tracks and turning towards the trajectory of the kunai.

Trolls under the bridge [B-Rank Mission]Jul 26, 2022 9:38:36 GMT -5
Kiko
Kiko Avatar
groupnull
Tag:
Title: Trolls Under the Bridge
Summary: Kiko tries to sell Toru on some better silk clothes.

Komatsuzaki Kiko

"Per my last medical examination, my vitamin levels are within acceptable ranges, and have remained stable," Kiko replied. "As for my skin tone, I believe that is just my natural complexion, and not indictive of any health concerns."

Toru indicated that there was no need for her worms. For Kiko, that implied that he was confident enough that the enemy would come to them, and they wouldn't have to hunt them down.

That worked well enough for Kiko. She was content to let the enemy come to her.

It didn't take long for Toru's suspicions to prove correct, either. A kunai flew from somewhere nearby and struck the Mizukage, but did little more than pierce his clothes. As far as Kiko could tell, he was otherwise unharmed.

In preparation or the coming conflict, Kiko placed her hands together and performed some handseals, hidden by the heavy sleeves of her kimono. With her jutsu complete, she summoned forth several bolts of silk that wrapped around her and slithered through the air.

"Kaguya-sama," Kiko began. "If you were to wear my clan's silk, it would not be so easily pierced."

Leave it to the Waruichi to turn every situation into a business opportunity!

Trolls under the bridge [B-Rank Mission]Jul 26, 2022 13:05:04 GMT -5
Hōzuki Kyōka
Hōzuki Kyōka Avatar
groupnull
We are violence

The trio was making enough noise to be noticed by the people they were wanting to find, and the echo generated by the mountains around them certainly help. The little bickering also helped giving them the sense that they were distracted and vulnerable, inviting them to attack the trio, under a false hope that they could overwhelm them with a surprise attack.

A kunai flew towards Toru, hitting his body before bouncing off. She knew he had a tough skin, but it was still quite surprising it was that tough. "Look at you, Mizukage-sama." she thought to herself, giggling lightly with the excitement generated by the impending battle. The Waruichi girl braced herself, while Kyouka maintained a rather relaxed posture.

Another kunai had been thrown towards the woman, but as it supposedly hit her stomach, it just phased through her after she partially liquified her body. When Kiko began telling Toru he could use her clan's silk, the woman giggled a bit more. "I don't think he needs that, kid. Hehehe." she teased her as her arm reached out for her legendary blade, Uemori.

From the distance, she couldn't yet determine how many enemies they would be facing, but it didn't matter. Between the three of them, they wouldn't stand a chance even if they brought an army. Rushing in their direction, the Hozuki was ready to bathe in their blood. "Come and get me, cowards! Hahaha!" she teased them as she charged.

and this is hell

262 words
B-Rank Mission

Trolls under the bridge [B-Rank Mission]Sept 19, 2022 6:00:26 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world

"Perhaps I enjoy the process of mending clothes," He responded blandly turning himself to look towards where the kunai had come from, unsurprisingly he saw a head of hair dart away. Another kunai flew from a spot higher up, hitting Kyouka before phasing right through her body. Toru never understood how the Hozuki did it, but it was nonetheless an extremely useful thing, being able to turn into water. It made them almost unstoppable... Almost. But, for now for this battle? They were unstoppable. Toru did not like to think in negatives when he was entering battle, one's head being screwed on correctly was important.

"Let's go," He murmured to Kiko, Kyouka having already darted off. It didn't take long, for the army they were facing off to be apparent. It was not really an army, but it was approximately thirty men and women of varying shapes and sizes with different weapons.

They would take ten each it seemed, though Toru had no issues taking on more if it was necessary. Perhaps not, though as the mission itself was not high ranking enough for him to expect anybody here to be trained as a shinobi was. The worst of it would be their leader... But whoever their leader was, he was perfectly blended in with the rest of the group.

Toru pulled out Kouha and begin to attack.

Trolls under the bridge [B-Rank Mission]Oct 11, 2022 7:41:20 GMT -5
Kiko
Kiko Avatar
groupnull
Tag: ,
Title: Trolls Under the Bridge
Summary: Apologies for the delay. I had reasons... or something...

Komatsuzaki Kiko

Kiko didn't seem confident in Kyouka's reply. Everyone needed quality clothes, especially good silk. If Kiko did not believe that, then she had no reason to be part of the Waruichi clan! After all, why settle for mediocre when you can have the best?

However, Kiko could agree with the bit about mending clothes. She suspected that the Mizukage was not being quite honest with that answer, but as someone who did plenty of mending herself, Kiko understood the soothing nature of it. 

Far more soothing than the pains he'd likely be inflicting with her needles and thread.

Kiko's bolts of silk swirled around her in a defensive barrier, ensuring that no one - and no projectiles - would get to her unchallenged. 

Within the sleeves of her kimono, her fingers danced into seals, hidden from view, and she summoned forth a series of six large needles with silk sheathes wrapped around the center.

These giant needles were the primary tools in Kiko's arsenal, and she had made great use of them during the Chuunin exams where she devastated each of her foes in turn.

These hapless thugs would be even worse off than her trained shinobi contemporaries. These needles could not be dodged thanks to Kiko's silken influence. Even if avoided, they would follow. Even if knocked away, they would get back up and fly once more.

They were relentless hunters, and being struck was debilitating, if not outright lethal.

While not as impressive as the legendary Nuibari, Kiko's needles were certainly a threat due to the large number she could command.

And so, she let loose and sent them forth like great javelins with a simple command: to kill.

The Shinigami of the Mist would reap a healthy harvest today.

Techniques Used:
Futago no toge [Twin Thorns]

Trolls under the bridge [B-Rank Mission]Oct 11, 2022 12:39:12 GMT -5
Hōzuki Kyōka
Hōzuki Kyōka Avatar
groupnull
We are violence

Ten for each of them was piece of cake, considering most of them had very basic knowledge of chakra usage, if any. Kyouka, being the first one to dart to battle, greeted the first enemy with a powerful hit from Uemori right to their face, one of its teeth sinking deeply in the man's temple and claiming his life. She would use the Hydrification Technique to spin her waist in 360 degree, disposing of the man's body and then using the same inertia to hit a woman who thought she was vulnerable during the spin. The attack hit the woman's left flank, breaking ribs with her titanic strength, and to complete that, she would pull the blade away and then smash the woman's head with a powerful vertical strike.

Two other people came from her flanks, spears ready to impale her, but instead of hitting her flesh, the spears phased through her body, as she turned it into water. The fear on their expressions causing her enormous delight. "Whoopsie daisy... Not according to plan, uh?" she teased them with a cruel giggle before claiming two more lives, one with Uemori in a strike to the eyes, making the man suffer a gruesome death, and the other one with a powerful kick to the neck, thus breaking it.

She would glance back to her teammates and brag a bit. "Four!" there was no need for further context, as her shout meant the number of people she had killed thus far. But there were many more to be taken care of, and she was just warming up.

and this is hell

285 words
Mission [13/20]

Trolls under the bridge [B-Rank Mission]Oct 12, 2022 2:59:03 GMT -5
Kaguya Toru
Kaguya Toru Avatar
groupMist Shinobi
At the end of the world

Kouha burned through the enemies, though it was interesting to see how the three of them had vastly different fighting styles - though were nonetheless able to care for themselves in spite of these styles - and the approach to get the job done at the end of the day.

The first enemy was felled from the sheer surprise of Toru's and the groups approach. Though, none of Toru's attacks were as gruesome as Kyouka's they were still effective in putting down foes. He was much more used to attacking and killing cleanly to avoid being witnessed. At least this is what he was trained in, and it followed into even the thick of battle.

Another enemy was put down under the blade of fire through a beautiful display of a phoenix. It set another on fire nearby as a result for not looking.

Of course, Kyouka announced how many she had killed, but for Toru it was of no object. Though he was not one to brag or care about bragging not his style so naturally he simply continued on with his attack as he landed on the ground after his phoenix attack and turned his attention to a woman running towards him. Towards whom he spun with a ferocious velocity to lock blades with her, a deep cut across the chest after a parry would put her down however.

Trolls under the bridge [B-Rank Mission]Oct 14, 2022 9:22:40 GMT -5
Kiko
Kiko Avatar
groupnull
Tag: ,
Title: Trolls Under the Bridge

Komatsuzaki Kiko

Kiko isn't one for showing off or grandiose displays of power. She is all about efficiency, even when it comes to dealing with bandits. 

As their targets rushed forward to meet the three shinobi, two of Kiko's large needles flew through the air to meet them. Such a direct attack was easy enough for even the bandits to dodge, but two that did find out rather quickly that one cannot take their eyes off of Kiko's needles.

With a flick of her wrists, Kiko recalled the silk wrapped around the meter-long metal spikes and they reversed course and pierced through the backs of hapless fools and speared them into the ground. Being skewered in such as fashion was enough to end the lives of most, but Kiko's silk unraveled and wrapped them into partial cocoons, ensuring escape would be impossible if they did survive.

But others continued onwards despite the mounting losses in their gang. Kyouka had already dispatched four, and Toru was not far behind. Kiko's two and Toru's three brought the fatalities to nine. Nearly a third of the bandits had been dispatched in short order.

Kiko prepared two more of her great needles. They'd find victims soon enough.

quick reply

compose a reply