compose a reply
Of Servants and Masters [Obs/Keen]Jul 26, 2022 5:15:04 GMT -5
Tenchi Kyoko
Nindo Goes Here: Edit Profile > Personal > Most Recent Status
Tenchi Kyoko Avatar
groupnull
age 12 years old birthday 9/21/-4sd rank Academy Student occupation Being Nosy

A Diamond In The Rough

Kyoko grins  pleased that her friend thought the move was cool. Her smile only widening as Chiyo relaxes enough to gush over the things she likes. The azurette making a mental note of how much of a fan her new sparring partner was of Samurai. "Oh I haven't seen that series. Do you think you could show me some time? I've mostly been watching The Great Ninja Thief: Legends Never Die." Kyoko request with genuine interest. If it could get Chiyo this riled up it had to have some pretty good fight scenes in it though the little Tenchi can't help, but get a cool idea. 

"And don't worry you haven't seen nothing yet!" She calls out to Chiyo and decides to be a bit daring this time. Digging her feet in she bull rushes forward raising her sword high over her head as if to do a swift downward strike, only to drop to her knees laying flat on her back uncaring of if she dirtied her pristine kimono in order to hopefully slide right between Chiyo's legs and come up behind her to give her a gentle tap to the back of the shins if her partner didn't stop her.

Made by Keen of NFB

Keen has written 82 posts
Of Servants and Masters [Obs/Keen]Jul 26, 2022 5:35:21 GMT -5
Jinjōi Chiyo
Your power is your own - no one can take it from you!
Jinjōi Chiyo Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 13 years old birthday July, 4th rank Academy Student occupation Wannabe Samurai!
"Yeah, I've seen that one too! It's like, my most favorite show!"

Chiyo could have probably spent a good half of a day talking about either, but they weren't here for that, right now! Time was short and they had to finish their epic duel, rather than talk about the one's happening in the show. Maintaining her stance, she called out: "Alright, show me what you got!" - the white-haired girl said, and prepared herself for an attack! She saw Kyoko prepare this big overhead swing to come crashing down on her, and immediately brought her sword up to retaliate. The 'Men' strike! I must be careful least it breaks my guard and...

Huh?

Chiyo saw Kyoko suddenly drop on the ground mid-way, for her, trying a slide along the ground! The idea was creative, and might have worked... had Chiyo had an improper stance. But hers was alright - one foot was place forward, and one behind - for stability. So Kyoko's slide ended with her sandals connecting with Chiyo's shin. And stopped there. It hurt! Sandals were made of wood after all! The girl took a couple steps back, a bit limping, her face turning red.

"Hey, what was that all about?!" - she yelped, before her eyes widened. She realized what she was looking at. New friend or not, Kyoko was still a guest, and a heir to a fancy clan. And she was on the ground now. Her kimono made dirty from the slide. That was... trouble! Chiyo dropped her stick. "Oh no..." - she mumbled, before running up to Kyoko, and putting her hands under her arms. 

"Why did you do that? You're all dirty now! When your grandpa comes back they'll find heir to the clan's superexpensive kimono all covered in dirt. And they'll blame me! Lets get you to the restroom, quickly! Before anyone sees!"

Chiyo was going full panic mode.
0bsu! has written 148 posts
Of Servants and Masters [Obs/Keen]Jul 26, 2022 5:42:40 GMT -5
Tenchi Kyoko
Tenchi Kyoko Avatar
groupnull

A Diamond In The Rough

Kyoko's crash into Chiyo's legs wasn't anymore elegant from her end then it was for the other girl. The Azurette momentarily stunned as the momentum nearly sent them both toppling, but mostly just left Kyoko in the dirt. The girl blinking once, then twice, before busting out into a laugh. "I guess I underestimated how strong your legs were!" She giggles standing up with the help of her friend as she brushed herself off. Only to frown and realized that what Chiyo was experiencing was genuine panic

"Hey. Hey! It's ok Chiyo-san! It's Nin-fabric. Everything will wash out." She assures her new friend in hushed soothing tones, but lets Chiyo guide her inside. "Besides if anyone asked I'll just tell them I was trying to show off to you and fell into the bushes and they won't question me cause I'm the heir. If I want to look stupid for my friend that's my prerogative." Kyoko promises as she gives Chiyo's hand a little reassuring squeeze.

"I told you I'd take responsibility and a Tenchi always keeps her word." She adds with a solemn nod, but if it made Chiyo less nervous she'd happily let herself be shoved into one of the bathrooms to clean up.

Made by Keen of NFB

Of Servants and Masters [Obs/Keen]Jul 26, 2022 6:30:04 GMT -5
Jinjōi Chiyo
Jinjōi Chiyo Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
age 13 years old birthday July, 4th rank Academy Student occupation Wannabe Samurai!
"Uh-huh, nin-fabric my foot! Of course it will wash out! After it's washed!"

Chiyo patted down Kyoko, and guided her into the house. It was large and quiet, covered in wood and tatami mats. Various fancy pictures on the walls. Calligraphy. Pleasant smells of dried up flowers and fruit wafting in the air. The adults were probably in a room of some sort, doing adult things. She didn't have to worry about them. What Chiyo did worry about was running into some of the kids. Because they would tell on her! Holding Kyoko by hand, the girl went through the corridors. Peeking over every corner, to make sure nobody was around. 

Soon enough, they'd find one of the restrooms on the first floor. She'd push Kyoko inside and lock the door behind on a bolt. Before letting out a brief sigh.

"Phew, safe... Now, lets get this thing wiped, at least. Turn around." - the girl said, as she found a clean cloth, and dipped it in water, before squeezing the excess out of the fabric, and started patting her down. The cloth managed to pick up the dry bits and pieces of earth, dust, and small rubble, but due to the fabric's colors, some of it could be seen. It made Chiyo sigh and shake her head, hearing Kyoko's attempts at calming her down.

"You don't know these people! Sure, you'll say to them that it was your idea, they'll smile and nod and say it's alright, but as soon as you're out that door they're gonna berate me for letting it happen! The whole "I ordered you to do it" excuse might have worked on them catching us sweeping the backyard, but not for ... this!"

Of Servants and Masters [Obs/Keen]Jul 26, 2022 6:41:15 GMT -5
Tenchi Kyoko
Tenchi Kyoko Avatar
groupnull

A Diamond In The Rough

Kyoko frowned the usually calm or light heartened heiress suddenly going very very serious as she glanced towards the dirty kimono and then back to Chiyo. "Would they really do that? Berate you over something this minor even if I say it's ok?" Kyoko questions her gaze searching her newfound friends face, but whatever she saw in Chiyo's expression seemed to give her her answer.

"Right. Ok. I think I have a way to fix this." She assures Chiyo as the two of them shake and dab off the worst of the dirt before Kyoko tugs the kimono back on properly and works to straighten it. 

"Kaen-Sensei just taught me this trick." Kyoko explains as she carefully forms the handseals for the henge no jutsu. A little cloud of smoke erupting around her leaving Kyoko looking just as pristine as if she had first arrived as she flashes Chiyo a victory sign. "Sensei told me maintaining the jutsu to look like yourself, but neater is a good way to grow chakra reserves so if anyone senses I have a henge on I can just explain I'm practicing it for training."

Tag

Kyoko uses the Henge no Jutsu

NAME: Henge no Jutsu [Transformation Technique]

CHAKRA USAGE: Very Low [Continuous]

CLASSIFICATION: Ninjutsu [General]

ELEMENT: None

HANDSEALS: 3

DESCRIPTION:

After performing the necessary hand seals, the user transforms their appearance to become that of another person, animal or even an inanimate object. This is considered one of the most advanced academy techniques, as it requires a constant emission of chakra as well as constant mental focus to maintain the transformation. Shinobi are limited to transforming into objects roughly their own size, preventing them from turning into a fly while being able to carry items far greater than their transformed state.
Made by Keen of NFB

Of Servants and Masters [Obs/Keen]Jul 26, 2022 7:04:40 GMT -5
Jinjōi Chiyo
Jinjōi Chiyo Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Chiyo was getting exasperated. The rest wouldn't just be wiped clean - there were clear streaks of mud against the fabric! And washing and drying it would take too much time! Fortunately, Kyoko was quick-thinking, and came up with a solution. The white-haired girl stayed back, and let her new friend do the ninjutsu they were taught in the academy! With a poof of smoke, when she emerged, that Kimono looked as good as new, better even! Worry disappeared from Chiyo's face, instead replaced by a grin. 

"That... that would totally work out! You're a genius, Kyoko! Lets get back and maybe fix the brooms back together so that nobody would suspect a thing!"

That was close. And, in hindsight, maybe the whole idea about stick-fighting wasn't that bright to begin with! However, they weren't out of the woods yet. As Chiyo hid the cloth, and the two were about to leave the restroom, there was a knock from the outside. A rather loud, demanding knock. Followed by an equally-demanding, boyish voice:

"Hey! Who's in there?! Open up! I wanna use the bathroom!"

Chiyo rolled her eyes in annoyance, as she heard that voice coming from the outside. She whispered:

"Ugh... It's Young Master. He has the habit of wanting to use bathrooms in the exact same moment they are used by other people. I don't know why... Maybe he likes the smells or something. But he can't see us here together! Or ... or he'll assume all kinds of things!"

Chiyo's face flashed crimson, as she said that.
Of Servants and Masters [Obs/Keen]Jul 26, 2022 7:19:41 GMT -5
Tenchi Kyoko
Tenchi Kyoko Avatar
groupnull

A Diamond In The Rough

Kyoko beamed at their success, "Let's head back and fix the brooms and then we can go make tea and no one will be the wiser." She assured Chiyo, but their luck would not hold strong just yet as a familiar voice sounded from the other side of the door. Restraining a groan lest she alert the pig-headed boy that they were both in here she quickly turned to Chiyo and whispered, "Quick climb into the hamper and I'll run him off." She suggests motioning to the towel hamper just big enough to fit an enterprising academy student as she moves towards the door. Making sure to brace it so the Young Master couldn't just barge right in.

Giving her friend a moment to get into position and hidden Kyoko put on her best peeved off Heiress face. Her lips curling back in a sneer of distaste as she reaches for the bathroom door handle and wrenches it open. Nearly sending the boy on the other side falling onto his face. "What. Do. You. Want!?" Kyoko hissed like an angry cat the boy stammering slightly in surprise as he tries to recover face.

"Ah Tenchi-Hime I wasn't expecting you to be h~" The boy began attempting to smooth things over with a devil-may-care grin, but it was clear Kyoko was having none of it.

"I'm trying to use the bathroom! Leave. Me. Alone. Or else I'll tell my Ojisan you were trying to snoop on me in the toilet again." Kyoko warns lifting her nose with a haughty stiff as the boy lifts his hands in a show of piece and quickly begins to back up.

"Now Tenchi-Hime that's really not necessary this is all just a misunderstanding. Why don't we discuss this over tea?" The Young Master tries to offer.

"I'm in the bathroom because I've drunk my fill of tea." She snapped before promptly slamming the bathroom door shut once more. Kyoko holding a finger up to caution Chiyo as she kept her hear pressed to the door. Only gesturing that it was ok was she heard the Young Masters slightly panicked retreat.

Made by Keen of NFB

Of Servants and Masters [Obs/Keen]Jul 26, 2022 7:36:41 GMT -5
Jinjōi Chiyo
Jinjōi Chiyo Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
Chiyo did as she was told, and hid behind the towel hanger. From there, she could only hear what was transpiring between the two.

And ... wow. Kyoko was on fire with that assault of hers! She caught the boy completely by surprise! And she said all the things that Chiyo wished she would have been able to say to him whenever she was around the household! And there was that degree of satisfaction to be had when she heard him groveling and calling the girl 'Hime' and trying to apologize and smooth things over only to be sent running backwards, the door slammed right behind him. Finally, he was gone, and there was silence outside once more. Eventually, Chiyo came from behind the towel hanger, and approached Chiyo.

"Serves him right, that arrogant meathead. If my parents weren't working here,  I would have personally beaten him with a stick. Guess being from a clan does have its perks huh?" - she said, patting Kyoko on the shoulder. She smiled, though it was more of a grateful smile mixed with amusement at the whole situation. That asshole was sent running in shame! And he'd probably not pull that same shitty trick for quite some while!

"Thanks for having my back, here. I owe you one! Lets get back to the yard before he decides to try and apologize again. Some people just can't take a hint."

With that, the two girls would swiftly return, to where they have left the brooms and the brushes. Chiyo would pick up her own and start reassembling it back. Her mouth felt dry and she still felt her heart beating. The girl was this close to running into trouble, twice! In such a short amount of time too. 

"We probably should... finish our samurai duel another time. Somewhere else~"

last edit by Jinjōi Chiyo on Jul 26, 2022 7:38:38 GMT -5
Of Servants and Masters [Obs/Keen]Jul 26, 2022 7:43:36 GMT -5
Tenchi Kyoko
Tenchi Kyoko Avatar
groupnull

A Diamond In The Rough

"He'll probably try to run to his Grandmother to complain, but he'll be the one scolded in the end for trying to barge in on a girl using the toilet." Kyoko sniffed matter of factly before breaking into her easy grin that Chiyo would likely have come to recognize as her actual smile rather then the more prim and proper slight tilt of the lips she sometimes gave to the other clan children in class. The girl turning to stick her tongue out at the way the boy had no doubt retreated before padding after Chiyo. The two carefully reassembling the brooms lest they be discovered. 

"I'm sad we won't be able to continue our game, but how about next time you come visit my clan compound? Tenchi compound maybe isn't as fancy as this one, but we've got nice training grounds and I like to think the quality of company makes up for the quantity." Kyoko suggested giving Chiyo a playful wink as she glanced pointedly around at the austere buildings surrounded them. 

"Besides the you can introduce me to the Samurai Series!" She adds hoping to sweeten the pot. She'd never really had a classmate or well a friend over before.

Made by Keen of NFB

Of Servants and Masters [Obs/Keen]Jul 26, 2022 15:32:45 GMT -5
Jinjōi Chiyo
Jinjōi Chiyo Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
"Compound? Uhh..."

Chiyo didn't want to say no to an invitation by her new friend, especially after she did so much to keep her away from trouble. But there was something about visiting clan compounds just made her skin crawl. She visibly shifted her shoulders, as her mind jumped to all sorts of things. 'Will feel like a stanger...' '... People I don't know...' '...Not all are nice...' '...Have to follow Kyoko like a dog on a leash...' - went through her subconscious. These thoughts weren't nice to have. Once more she smiled, though that smile felt more awkward and forced than the ones before.

"Maaaaybe we should meet on neutral grounds instead? I mean, I know this nice dojo where both of us could go? That way you won't feel like a host and me like a guest? We'll be ... equals. Yeah, that's right!"

The white-haired girl became a lot more animated at the thought of meeting Kyoko outside of the compound. 

"Or... or you can come to me! My apartment's small, but parents usually sleep at Masters' place, and being all alone at home sucks. I'm sure they won't mind if I bring a friend. We could watch the Samurai Showdown or anything else! And..." - Chiyo said, her smile becoming sneaky as she made her pitch, looking left and right; "Since there won't be any adults around... we could stay as late as we want, and nobody's gonna say anything about it!"

She thought that was her winning argument. No overbearing adults to ruin the fun! Just freedom, late-night shows, and all the snacks you can eat!
Of Servants and Masters [Obs/Keen]Jul 26, 2022 20:49:41 GMT -5
Tenchi Kyoko
Tenchi Kyoko Avatar
groupnull

A Diamond In The Rough

She can't help being a little disappointed that Chiyo doesn't want to come over to her house, but seeing the wariness in her friends eyes Kyoko quickly discards the idea. "Your house or the Dojo sounds nice." She agrees with a bright reassuring smile not wanting her newfound friend to think she'd abandon her at the slightest disagreement.

"And staying up and watching movies sounds like a lot of fun. One day when I'm a bit older I hope I can get to have my own apartment. The clan compound is nice, but I miss the one my parents and I had when I was young." Kyoko admits deciding to let Chiyo in on that little secret. 

"We'll make plans at the academy yeah?" She suggests as she catches movement out of the corner of her eye. The girls having just managed to stash away the brooms right as Kyoko's grandfather accompanied by a few of the clan Elders came strolling onto the porch.

"Looks like it's time for me to go. I had a lot of fun today." Kyoko whispers giving Chiyo a wink before she straightens and flashes her Grandfather a smile.

Made by Keen of NFB

last edit by Tenchi Kyoko on Jul 26, 2022 20:50:38 GMT -5
Of Servants and Masters [Obs/Keen]Jul 27, 2022 6:55:48 GMT -5
Jinjōi Chiyo
Jinjōi Chiyo Avatar
groupRain Shinobi
By the time the adults finished their meeting and were coming back, everything was already put back in place. 

The backyard was cleaned, the brooms - hidden away, and Chiyo was having a conversation with Kyoko about samurai and things like that. When it was time for her to go, she frowned a little, a bit sad that her new friend had to go so soon. But she was also happy to make acquaintance. Her mind already going to think about a slumber party of some kind, when both of them had the time! And besides, they were gonna see each other at the Academy too! She waved her hand to her and grinned.

"I had lots of fun today too! Thank you for spending time with me, Kyoko-san!"

Once the girl would be gone, Chiyo would have to return to chores. Her mood was soured a bit when she caught Young Master glowering at her, as if it was her fault somehow he was so stupid to try and get into a bathroom when a girl was inside! He also reminded the girl of something she had almost forgotten while hanging out with Chiyo. She's an exception to the rule, yeah! Most of them are either cold and aloof or arrogant like this guy! Would've been nice if more of them were like Kyoko-san. Maybe they'd be less unbearable to be around of, anymore. 

Purposefully turning her back to Young Master, Chiyo picked up a mop, and went somewhere the other side of the house to wash the floor. Anything to be away from that irritating presence. Why did her parents work for the Araikettei anyway?

Should've gone to work for Tenchi instead... The old guy seemed nice, too...
last edit by Jinjōi Chiyo on Jul 27, 2022 6:56:39 GMT -5